Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Be like water, my friend (RTL Forcers & Friends)

DAGOBAH- THE SWAMPS

The mud sucked at Tiland's boots and the quarterstaff as he picked his way through the swamp, leaning against a curled tree root to maintain his balance. "Watch your step," he called back over his shoulder before hauling himself onto a fallen trunk. Moss draped down its sides, and mud plastered the side of the wood. Tiland crouched on the limb and listened as the squawks of birds and other distant creatures rolled through the gloom.

None of them were visible, of course, but he could feel them through the laters of the life that saturated the planet. Little flickers and flares within the Force. Some shone brightly, others lingered deep beneath the water's surface, and some vanished instantly, caught by some other creature in the endless cycle of life and death that sustained the universe. The Living Force into the Cosmic Force into the Living Force, together as the Unifying Force. That was something he had found difficulty with in the past, in many of the perspectives of the Jedi. Many feared death and sought to prevent it at all costs, as if preserving life was the greatest possible good. Now with sentients, he could see that being understandable. But was there truly a separation in the Force between sentient and non-sentient beings? Tiland remained unsure. If that were true, then logically, preserving non-sentient life would be as critical as sentient life. But was it truly evil for a Nexu or an Acklay to kill and eat its prey? Ecologically, they were necessary for their natural habitats.

When removed from their natural habitats, they caused problems- especially when used as creatures of terror and the entertainment of bloodsports. That was not an unreliable analogy for the Dark Side. He paused in his reflection to stride along the length of the fallen tree, one foot in front of the other with a delicate certainty, before leaping lightly off and landing with a splash on the far side.

It was a small island over here, covered in ankle-high water flowing from a mineral hot spring, filling the usually pungent air with the starkly contrasting mineral scent of sulfur. But at least it was warm. He moved to the far side of the small island and settled himself on a protruding rock, leaning the staff against his knees.

"The water here is good to drink," Tiland said, scooping up a small cup of water and cradling it in his hands. "The high temperatures of the spring kill bacteria, but only drink from the rocky island we're sitting on. Beyond, it runs into the swamp itself."

Not that the water tasted good, or smelled good, but some held that it traditionally had health benefits, depending on the species, at least. "Let us begin by meditating on our surroundings, yes?"

The lesson's content had been left vague, only that it was a journey into the swamps for a lesson on self-reflection and purpose. They may get something out of it, or they may not. That was beyond Tiland's ability to control.

The student, and the student alone, dictated the outcome of their learning.

00_001.doric.png

Objective: Learn from and old force user
Tag: Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

So this was Dagobah huh? Two works stuck were sticking in my mind, dark and wet, it didn't feel all that different to the wetter parts of home, but it was considerably muddier and the biting insects were bolder here. I lashed my tail as a large dragonfly like creature tried to land on me, I wouldn't usually care, but I had been told this particular species carried some fairly nasty parasites in its saliva. Otherwise, this was a fun expedition, I liked nature, I was nature and this was a completely and thoroughly natural environment for me to enjoy.

The going had been slow as most of the others didn't seem as comfortable in the natural terrain as I did, but this too was a kind of blessing, I could take the time to study the flora and draw some pictures. I had been chewing on a piece of bark from a willow like tree, but the taste had now gone so I deposited on the ground for the insects to finish off for me.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun stopped us all at a dry spot in the swamp, dry was generous but it was good to get out of the mud. The man reached down and started drinking from the water, I scooped up some myself and took in its smell. "It smells like sulphur, I dont like sulphur" I commented before tentitavely drinking it down, it tasted as bad as i expected, but at least it was safe water, you couldnt put a value on safe water out in the wilderness.

"Let us begin by meditating on our surroundings, yes?"

I smiled and took a seat in the roots of a nearby tree, flopping my tail into my lap and pulling some herbs out of my bag that I could then burn to scent the air. A smell I would describe as a minty lavender drifted through and I shut my eyes. "Are we looking for anything in particular" I queried with a smirk after reopening one eye. I quickly shut my eyes and began to meditate, allowing myself to only be aware of the roots wrapped around me and the distant trickling of the sulphuric spring. Tiland had not been clear what we might find here, but Jedi liked to be enigmatic, it was one of their things, so I would just roll with it, relax, and see what happened.

Objective: Listen and Learn
Tag: Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari

Notable Equipment:
Pyeth's Lightsaber
Pyeth's Spear
Alashgaan

Pyeth sat and observed from the lowest branch, wrapping his tail around the tree's limb for extra support. Proud and knotted, the trees reminded him of home, that was before heavy industries moved in, poisoning the cradle of life that his people relied upon. Even so, he and Tiland left Rishi in a better place than they had found it, and that was the best either of them could have hoped for.

Taking stock of the Padawans and Jedi gathering for the lesson with Grandmaster Tiland's lesson Pyeth noted a new face. She carried herself confidently through the marshlands, suggesting a solid understanding of the terrain. Perhaps, she was one of the natives who had come to satisfy her curiosity, it was not uncommon, providing the Jedi with an excellent opportunity to integrate into the community.

Her commentary bemused Pyeth, who answered, "The Force will provide your answer."

Pyeth gave Tiland a playful salute, raising a single primary feather to his ear tuft. Pyeth hated the floor, instinct dictated that the ground made him vulnerable, and since arriving on Dagobah it was rare to find Pyeth not perched in the canopy. Unsurprisingly, he discovered some of the Padawans had taken it upon themselves to record his sightings. Using the Force to guide their efforts, it had become a defacto training exercise.

' ' - Mimicry

Corbin stared down at the water Master Tiland had mentioned. It was indeed safe to drink. A scan showed no harmful microbes in the water. It did have trace elements that would affect the smell and flavor, but nothing toxic in small amounts. Nothing a little oxidization wouldn't fix. He used the Force to doff and disassemble his armor and rolled it up into his cloak like a makeshift backpack. He bent down and scooped up some of the water in his hands. He concentrated on the water, arcing some electricity through the water. He caught the faint smell of ozone. He wasn't entirely sure how he could do that, he just knew it worked, but ozone would definitely oxidize the sulfur out of the water. He stored the sulfuric acid safely away.

After sating his thirst with some not-as-bad water, he started meditating on his surrounding, as Master Tiland had proposed. Corbin was not a Jedi. He had completed his Jensaarai apprenticeship a few years ago and was a full defender. But he still wanted to learn more about the Force, not just as a tool, but as a friend. And his grandmother had been a padawan of Master Tiland's long ago. He had met her Spirit on a trip to the Netherworld, and she had told him to study under Tiland as much as he could and seek out other ways to learn his true path. It would be a good thing for Corbin. Master Tiland was in many ways the opposite of Corbin. Tranquil versus Energic. Water versus Fire. The Living Force and the Cosmic Force. Corbin was alive, so if he could learn to be more in tune with the Living Force... He supposed that was ironic, in a way. He could easily grasp what others couldn't but struggled with what others found easy. That was why he was here, training alongside younglings under a millennial Jedi.

Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

"Exactly," Tiland replied, nodding in Pyeth, glad to see him again. He had a unique insight with the natural world that came from his connection to the planet of Rishii and the spirit he had encountered there. "There is much to be said from listening- it is one of the great paradoxes of the Force, that it speaks only in silence."

He paused for a moment, keeping his eyes half-shut and focused on the sensations of the world living around them. Water flowed up from the spring into the swamps around them, surrounding and filling the area, seeping through and beneath the millennia of muck that lay at the bottom of the swamp, accumulating over the centuries of life's repetitive cycles.

Whether or not the others would notice it was a question that only they and the Force could answer. But it was something questions could perhaps help them reach an insight into.

00_001.doric.png

Tag: Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

The avian man, a Rishii I believe, answered my question with a non answer so typical of a jedi and I gave a light shrug and a smile as I continued to meditate. The scent of ozone reached my nose and it wrinkled in response, I knew it was being created from the natural force, but ozone always reminded me of electricity and the technology associated with it, I didn't like that.

Dagobah's force was complex, it was seeped in darkness but also contained plenty of light, including the new temple we had set off from. I felt my self exploring what felt like a root system with branches twisting in and out in all directions. The was a nagging sensation though as the imaginary roots tickled my spine and up my arm.

"I don't think you are imaginary are you?" I queried while opening one eye to look at the swamp spider, and arachnid the size of my hand crawling on my arm. I sensed no danger from the creature, so I gently removed it from my clothing and placed it into the knot of roots I had been sat on. "My apologies, I think I sat on your house" I said to the spider as it vanished between the coiled roots. I looked around at the other meditating Jedi and then found a new and drier spot on the ground, away from any obvious animal homes. I was quite tempted to head to the branches, but I had already caused enough disturbance for today. I sat quietly and began to gently hum and old chaldean song that I always found helped me focus. The force quickly returned to me, and I felt the presence of the spider I had spoken too. I explored his home with her, there was a clutch of eggs down there, their pristine and soft shells kept clean by parasitic ants, inside was the next generation of swamp spiders. A smile crossed my face as I savoured the natural world, it didn't matter where you were in this galaxy, nature was always there and it was beautiful.​

Last edited:

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Rusty Green Jumpsuit, Jacket, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Mix and Match Harness, Left Ear
Weapons: Lossa's Lightsaber
Tags: Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari
holicslastbreath.gif

Lossa had followed behind quietly, taking the chance to soak up the environment and listen to the others as they spoke. Crossing the limb with the same ease the master had used, even in boots.

The worst part of the whole trip so far was the humidity.

Little could be done about that though since they were, well, traveling through a swamp. Pyeth was content to remain aloft, and the other two beside Tiland had taken sips from the spring beneath their feet. Old habits dying hard as she was slow to share in the drinking of the spring.

It was water.

Warm, and definitely not her favorite. But it was water. She found a spot that was only mildly soaked, and nestled herself into place as a question was posed. Making her blink at the response before doing her best imitation of a meditation pose.

Comfortable for her at least, hands cradle in her lap and legs crossed in front of her. Her focus wasn't the sharpest, and the sounds of nature around them kept drawing her attentions.

She did manage to keep her eyes closed at least.

The dark side lingered, muddling the light that was present. A familiar feeling after her tangle with the sithling to not distract her as it might have before. Part of what had drawn her interest in learning with Tiland.

Alongside the murmurs of appreciation for his shared knowledge.

"Speaks only in silence." Repeating the words as she tried to quiet her mind. The wonder of what made this or that noise still troublesome until the inkling of another sensation began to permeate her mind.

A steady thrum, like a soft tremble along a drum. At first thinking her own heartbeat was in her ear before settling into the feeling.

Head tilting slightly at the exploration of what had always been just outside of her reach. Outside of her control. Always reaching for things rather than allowing her mind to calm. In the serenity of the swamps though, it seemed the path had begun to peel back the cover she had placed over the trail.

The other girl however quickly reminded her of the real world, and her careful focus was drawn back as she opened her eye to see what was happening.

2UT5QVI.png

Objective: Meditate
Tags: Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher | Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari | Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

Notable Equipment:
Pyeth's Lightsaber
Pyeth's Spear
Alashgaan

Pyeth couldn't help but purr at the newcomer's reaction. Pyeth believed that the Force wasn't a single thing; it could not be described or given shape except by oneself. It manifested differently, subtly unique to each individual who was blessed with the ability to perceive it. In a sense, it was an extension of themselves and had an identity of its own. Once, he had heard one of the masters describe it as a companion, always present at your side.

Corbin, recognising him immediately they were well acquainted and still had a promised sparring match to make good on. Their paths had last crossed during the skirmish against the Sith, sadly he did not get the opportunity to fight side-by-side, instead being tied up with engagements in the cargo bay. It was a black day, one he narrowly escaped from.

Lossa he was slightly less familiar with, she had been aboard the Reliant when the entity boarded and trapped them in Hyperspace. Her help was invaluable, and he learned to respect her technical skills.

Reaching for his lightsaber Pyeth focused, honing his energies upon the Kyber Crystal within. After a moment he felt it spark, establishing a connection uniquely attuned to him. He considered it a gift from Rishi, a planet not known to produce Kyber naturally. He uncovered it while searching for Anisael, at the heart of the Zapis tree, its bark forming part of its construction. The weapon was completed by some fabric, given to him by his former lover Aashi as a token of gratitude.

Most importantly, it was a small piece of home that helped centre himself and commune with the Force. With the connection established, he closed his eyes and relaxed, following the howling winds as they navigated the surrounding swamplands. It brushed through his feathers, and Pyeth allowed himself to be embraced and taken.

If water was the essence of the earth, the wind was the essence of the skies. Relaxed his mind began to drift on the currents. Then something he did not expect...

' ' - Mimicry

y49uGZS.png

FWl8Viq.png

"Watch your step," he called back over his shoulder before hauling himself onto a fallen trunk.

“Yes, Master,” Cailen said as he climbed over the tree. He was careful not to slip on the moss, or fall murky water that waited below.

His eyes darted between the gnarled roots and low-hanging vines, but his mind was elsewhere entirely.

Recent events had left the Padawan deeply troubled. Rumors of violence between the New Jedi and Sith Order had stirred among the younger Jedi in the days following Master Edo’s return from Ossus, pushing a grim cloud over their lessons.

He’d hoped that seeing his friend Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania would lighten things, but she brought with her another slew of difficult things for Cailen to accept; She was leaving, stepping away from the Jedi Order, to be wed to a noble. Soon, she would be gone, and along with them the youthful hope that was painfully entwined with his unspoken feelings for her.

And to make matters worse, Cailen’s Master and truest confidant had suddenly stopped returning his messages. He hadn’t heard from Valery Noble Valery Noble in days now, and while he hadn’t sensed anything deeply troubling in the Force, he could tell something wasn’t right.

Cailen’s head was busy with thoughts, and very few of them were positive.

That’s why he jumped at the opportunity to join Master Tiland and the others on this mindfulness exercise. He was a bit nervous to be so deep in Dagobah’s wilderness with so many new faces, but luckily Jorah zos Darnus Jorah zos Darnus tagged along.

For that, Cailen was deeply grateful.

It wasn’t much longer before Cailen and Jorah stepped to the warm pool of reflective water, boiled to cleanliness from the high temperature. He found himself a comfortable spot and settled in for the exercise to come.

new-small-bar.png

Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl Jorah zos Darnus Jorah zos Darnus Cailen Corso Cailen Corso

Tiland's eyebrows drew together in surprise for a moment, but then he smiled as he realized that Gweneth was speaking to a spider within the tree, and Lossa's initial progress on meditation, but also the undercurrent of unease within Cailen.

He spoke first towards Lossa, quietly, "You can meditate with your eyes open if you wish-- emptying the mind can be done in many ways, but the most important is to engage our focus entirely in the present. For some, the traditional sitting in silence is excellent. For others, we meditate better by being grounded in the world immediately around us. The options are both there for you- whichever you might decide on."

Tiland felt the eddies in the Force, swirling in and around them, channeling through and reacting to the presence of so many Jedi in tune with its presence around them. He smiled, making eye contact with all who had their eyes open.

"As you meditate and observe the environment around us, what elements grab your attention?"

Jorah loved Dagobah.

Originally from the distant world of Talay, he'd grown up in a swamp. The flight to escape the fighting between the Confederates and the Agents of Chaos had been hard, even while his Clan had settled peacefully on the moon of Alaris with the assistance of the Silver Jedi. The forest moon, with its alpine valleys and glacier-fed rivers, was beautiful but...

...it wasn't home.

By contrast, everything about Dagobah was familiar. The way the muck squished between his toes. The tepid humidity. Even the acrid scent of swamp gas lingering on the breeze all spoke to the comforts of home that he'd gone without, but never forgotten.

So the young Nightbrother had approached the outing with the happiness of a Talay krayt dragon in mud.

Which was to say, very happy, as evidenced by the fact that the boy's familiar was a muddy lump that darted through the brackish water with a delight that was apparent.

There was a fair amount of mud that covered the young Dathomirian as well, none of which seemed to faze the boy. Instead, he seemed energized as Tiland led them to a wellspring. The spirits of this place were all so vibrant. The natural world surrounded them. He didn't know how the Jedi thought of it, but to Jorah there was a connection. A sense of life that bound them inextricably. In darkness and light. In life and death.

Water and fire.

Earth and air.

Though to be honest, water magick wasn't really his forte. That was more for the Blue Coral Divers. Still, at the invitation from the Jedi Master, the boy tried to meditate on the waters of the spring.

As he did, a wet lump of small krayt dragon squirmed into the boy's lap. Meditation was no excuse for a lack of pets or belly rubs, after all.

He hoped that Cailen was enjoying this as much as he was. It was nice to not have to travel in one of those metal starships and just stay at the Dagobah temple for a change. Breathe the swampy air.

00_001.doric.png

Tag: Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Cailen Corso Cailen Corso Jorah zos Darnus Jorah zos Darnus

I continued to meditate on the presences around me, there was movement and voices around me, but with all the noises of animals and ripples in the force it was barely any extra distraction.

"As you meditate and observe the environment around us, what elements grab your attention?"

Interesting question I thought to myself. "This place is wild... no, beyond that, primordial maybe? I can feel a lot of presences around us, not hostile, but more like a great big organism trying to decide if we need to be removed, make sense?" I wasn't sure if that sounded realistic or not. It certainly felt like we were the outsiders, that a small move could upset the equilibrium here. I was quite confident if we were to upset that balance, things would end badly for us.

I also felt something else here, a playful exuberance of a young creature that was waiting to grow into a monster. "What is that?" I asked in a hushed voice before opening my eyes and looking at Jorah zos Darnus Jorah zos Darnus and the small wriggling bundle of mud in his lap. It took me a lot to run over there and investigate more closely but everyone else was seeming very restrained in their behaviour. I took this opportunity to look at the rest of group and to see if they had any other responses to the query from Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun .

Objective: Meditate
Tags: Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher | Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari | Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl | Cailen Corso Cailen Corso | Jorah zos Darnus Jorah zos Darnus

Notable Equipment:
Pyeth's Lightsaber
Pyeth's Spear
Alashgaan

Pyeth was soaring higher than he had any right to. Beneath him, Dagobah's swamps reached out in every direction; like dark veins, they embraced the moss-covered land masses. It was vibrant, alive... humbling. He loved nature and believed it could still teach them so much about the galaxy; the idea that all things were connected was not unlike the old Rishii legends, and at least one of those Pyeth had proven to be true!

"Avel donlita venila." Pyeth purred, reciting an old Rishii prayer.

Abruptly, his head turned the blessed winds retreating, dragged into a swirling vortex focused upon a singular point. His plumage stood on end as a deep cold penetrated his essence. His mind shield collapsed almost instantly - punctured as though it were nothing. Pyeth resisted calling upon engrams and mental blocks to redirect and confuse whatever was trying to probe his mind. Meanwhile, he reached out, plucking at the web of energy attempting to identify the assailant.

As if responding to his efforts, the vortex exploded. Knowing it was too powerful to resist, he turned into it, allowing the currents to carry him away. Finally, Pyeth collapsed his wings, beginning a controlled descent beneath the hurricane unfolding above. However, as he tried releasing them to regain control, the force coalesced, trapping him like a straitjacket!

He struggled, pressing hard. The speed of his descent increased until he found a weakness. Focusing all his might, he shattered the prison, spreading out his wings to their full breadth. Pain ripped through his muscles; hollow bones shattered as the air rushed into his wings and pressed them back. It slowed his descent, but not enough, and Pyeth slammed into the river.

Untitled498_20230515185620.png

Pyeth's tail relaxed, dropping limp and dangling from his perch. Conversely, his talons tightened. The response was instinctual, rather than intentional, a defence mechanism designed to prevent him from falling. In his hand, the lightsaber turned cold, a layer of frost beginning to form and spread across the edges of his primary feathers.

Pyeth choked, vomiting water onto golden shores. Despite the radiant sun, he could only feel a bitter cold growing up his wings. Pyeth held firm, focusing on the familiar sights and scents, things that brought him joy and channelling that power to resist the panic creeping into his mind. This was not Dagobah.

He knew the planet well enough to determine his position by the shoreline, yet this was foreign even to him. Only by identifying the flora in front of him did he realise it. This was Rishi. Looking behind him, a barrier extended across the horizon, a perpetual unnatural storm. Shai'tli.

The Shai'tli Barrier was well known to his people - those who grew old but remained well enough to fly tried to penetrate it. So unnatural was the phenomenon that his people could only explain it as the work of the gods; this spawned a common belief that beyond the barrier lay an island that served as their pantheon's home.

Of course, that was before the lowlanders arrived. Rumour had it that a group of pilgrims from the Church of the Force had discovered a secret path. Safe passage meant the artefacts supposedly hidden here could be documented and recovered for all to see. Sadly, they were followed by pirates and attacked shortly after.

Pyeth had seen the report; Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider a fellow Jedi, had accompanied Tieuvelli Renlas Tieuvelli Renlas in the rescue and recovery attempt. Although successful, much of the equipment had to be left behind due to confined spaces and dangerous atmospheric conditions. Surveying the terrain, Pyeth spotted several stone ruins nearby.

Those who did not know their kind would likely overlook such structures, dismissing them as relics of a forgotten culture that may have once lived here. Pyeth, however, was immediately suspicious. It was not like Rishii to construct anything from stone; it was heavy and difficult to repair. Neither was conducive to the cliff or canopy dwellings of his people. Not to mention the danger, a single Maungur would gladly devour an entire village. With the introduction of blasters, he could see arguments, but even he wouldn't favour the plan. It simply made no sense.

He felt a compulsion, a simple but powerful phrase that pressed him forward. As he resisted, the bitterness grew, pushing up his wing until he made staggered steps towards the structure. He reached out, running his wing over a smooth slate. The material was warm to the skin rewarding him with relief from the freezing temperatures that previously cloaked him. Observing changes in the stone, subtle movements began etching out what appeared to be a memorial.

Suddenly and without warning, Pyeth experienced a blast of energy so powerful that it momentarily shattered his connection to the force severing it instantly.

In a panic, his wings unfurled, falling backwards from his perch, crashing into the water of a nearby pool, hissing as he dragged himself to the nearest embankment where he continued his struggles to reach dry land. Despite every waterlogged feather working against him, the Rishii managed to find sanctuary on the shore. Lay flat against the mud, his tail floated on the water's surface behind him. Much to his dismay, Pyeth now looked a third of his original size, but that was the least of his troubles. Considering the humidity and dirt now trapped in his plumage, it would take days of bathing and preening to restore his fluffy quills. That meant days away from his continued studies of the Jubba bird song.

He sighed and reached to recover his lightsaber. Immediately he recoiled, giving it a confused look. "It's cold?" Pyeth said quizzically.

/Meanwhile\

Rharrk Zaltli Rharrk Zaltli stood in the meditation chamber, the scent of burnt flesh permeating the air, embers rising from burnt-away feathers. He stared blankly at the shard of green kyber burning white hot. The door opened with a whine, half-melted plates collapsing into a bubbling pool of molten metal. Mosa fanned inside, her blaster drawn and poised to attack. Following in behind her was an unarmed hunched-back human, carrying a leather satchel of medical equipment.

"Master Zaltli, what happened?" He gasped, rushing to attend to Rharrk's wounds. The avian made no effort to stop him and answered plainly, "She severed the connection permanently."

The kyber crystal had lost its mint green hue, turning grey, before finally breaking into dust. "Ain't that perfect. Do you know how many credits I lost securing that pretty stone?"

"Do not fret. We have a new target, one you might find far more enticing."

' ' - Mimicry

Separators by Lossa Darcuhl

Last edited:

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Rusty Green Jumpsuit, Jacket, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Mix and Match Harness, Left Ear
Weapons: Lossa's Lightsaber
Tags: Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari Cailen Corso Cailen Corso Jorah zos Darnus Jorah zos Darnus
holicslastbreath.gif

Visibly she recoiled at being singled out, whether reflex or expectations guiding her to close her eyes at the first sound. Until the alternative was offered.

Rigid methods of teaching had polarized her. Dwindled her efforts, made her simply want to be spiteful. The suggestion was alarming. A shift she had not expected. And... welcome.

Relaxing, she left her eyes open to enjoy the scene before others joined the circle. One enjoying himself far more than any of them had and the Zeltron couldn't help but smile.

The waters shifted to a more welcome feeling. The slight hesitation of her mind to freely examine dwindling with the simplicity of sitting and listening.

The slight strands of life that had eluded her vision slowly growing as the emotions of all present seemed to fade into the background of this growing sense. Fingertips feeling the air and water with each breath in and out as her whole body began to calm. The small strands seeming less difficult to examine from as she kept her gaze smooth and moving between the new sensations.

Though more slight in comparison to those around her, the pulse of life and strange balance began to form into a more solid thing seated as she was. The question not quite jarring her from that sense as she pondered briefly.

"The air. The water. And... heat." The last words more a direct observation than any measure of astute conclusion as the cool air brushed her fingertips once more.

Pyeth was still present, though she wondered if he wanted to take flight with the strange sense of emotions about him.

Maybe soaring above them as rose colored eyes slowly followed an imaginary trail until the trees blocked her way. Which honestly wasn't long. In those fleeting moments of fancy she wondered how it was to fly in such a way. Without the screaming of a Jetpack or starfighter to push one through the sky.

Her gaze drifted back to the circle however, waiting for another snippet to guide them along on some thought trail.

2UT5QVI.png

Last edited:

y49uGZS.png

FWl8Viq.png

Cicadas.”

The ever present hum of cicadas.

Cailen’s first days on Dagobah were spent acclimating to the oppressive humidity. He hated the way the air stuck to you. Clinging on, wrapping you in atmosphere too heavy to breathe. The only thing that helped him find any comfort were the cicadas.

They chirped and buzzed from early evening to late morning, unaware and uncaring of how deeply their voices penetrated the marshes.

Master Elias Edo Elias Edo even told him about the way they molt their skin, changing from a little thing that crawls on the logs and trees into the flying insect that sings him to sleep. Sometimes Cailen felt like a cicada, in that regard. He left the NJO to get his head straight, and while he desperately missed his family in the Order, the Coalition was a new challenge for him.

He parted his eyes to peek at the other Jedi around him. He wondered if they related to the cicadas, too.

new-small-bar.png

Rimward_Trade_League_v2.png

Corbin tried calmly meditating, but it just wasn't something he could do. Stillness didn't suit him. He wasn't hyperactive, but the flow of the Cosmic Force inside him was just way too energetic for tranquil meditation. So, he stuck to what always helped him focus: exercise. He didn't want to disturb anyone else, so running was out of the question, though that would have been a rather fun obstacle course in a swamp like Dagobah. Instead, he jumped up and grabbed a tree branch and started doing chin-ups. One hundred each in differing hand positions was a decently light workout. Then he swung himself up and began doing handstand pushups on the branch. He used only his muscles, no Force powers. The use of his body physically helped sharpen and focus his mind. As he began to feel the burn in his muscle fibers, he reached out with the Force, sensing around him. He had a natural Force Sight, so he could see the way the Force interacted with everything, but it was so natural to him that he tended to take it for granted. But now he could feel the Force interacting with everything around him; flowing through the Jedi with him, through the water, the plants, the living creatures all around, even the dead things - like the shell of some dead beetle being disassembled by ants. The Force flowed through and around everything. It was that moment that Corbin realized that everything had an energy. Nothing every stopped moving. Even the seemingly still water - the molecules were constantly moving and sliding past one another. It was almost paradoxical, yet it all worked in perfect balance. There was a deeper answer hidden there. Everything natural had a perfect balance of opposites - energy and stillness, light and shadow. Even hot and cold. As a metalsmith, Corbin knew that the best way to temper a blade was to heat it up, then cool it by quenching it in oil. He saw he was the same way himself. He had been heated by his Jensaarai teachings, hammered into shape by his Mandalorian training, and was now being quenched alongside his Jedi cousins. And further delving into the Force would be the sharpening of the masterwork sword that he would become. He was on the right path. He was sure of it. He...

There was a splash as Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki crashed into the water. "Cousin Pyeth!" The Rishii Jedi was hauling himself to ground as Corbin swung from the tree and rushed to him. "What happened?" He watched as Pyeth recoiled from his lightsaber. "Cold? Is that ice on it?" He helped Pyeth stand and reached for the lightsaber, which was indeed freezing cold. Corbin summoned purple flames in his hand in an attempt to warm both the handle and his hand. He looked at Pyeth questioningly.

Last edited:
y49uGZS.png

Thelma sat near the group, but slightly apart from it. Her head was bowed over a sketchpad, her pencil scratching at the paper as she drew what she saw. This was her form of meditation, taking stock of her surroundings and interpreting them upon the pages in her lap.

She drew the landscape, with the stooped figure of Master Kortun in the midst of it. He looked like one of the gnarled, ancient trees, though his aura was brighter than the murkier swamps around him. Then she sketched the faces of the other students, capturing their poses, their hair and clothing, and the expressions on their faces with quick, almost abstract strokes.

Cailen was troubled, she could tell. It came through in her drawing of him, in the pinch of his brow and the downward quirk of his mouth. Had Thelma sketched herself, there would've been many similarities in their expressions. Silas Westgard Silas Westgard had gone on a long trip, going out into the galaxy to "find out more about himself". He had left Thelma behind, for she was still a Padawan and needed to continue her training.

She was also feeling the loss of Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania rather keenly, especially due to the circumstances under which she had left. Thelma almost felt guilty for having sewn the princess' wedding dress, but she had wanted Cora to at least feel beautiful on that day. To have the confidence that comes with knowing no one else can see what you truly feel beneath the lovely clothes.

Thelma lifted her head, pushing back a strand of auburn hair that had slipped from her bun. Sweat glistened along her hairline. "The smell," she replied. "It smells both alive and dead. Things grow in the swamp, and they are fragrant, but they also die here. I can smell decomposition and decay."

"What is that?" I asked in a hushed voice before opening my eyes and looking at Jorah zos Darnus Jorah zos Darnus and the small wriggling bundle of mud in his lap.

"We call them lelziȃr yoja," the Dathomirian boy answered. He continued patting the creature's belly while his other hand seemed to find a spot to scratch under the beast's jaw that it enjoyed. A crystal-studded tail thwacked against the rocks as it wagged in seeming contentment.

"In Basic, they are lesser krayt dragons," the young Mistwalker explained. "When my people settled on Talay, we found them in the swamps there."

The red-skinned youth turned his eyes to glance over at where Cailen Corso Cailen Corso spoke of cicadas. Closing his eyes, the Dathomirian could pick out their gentle music in the sounds that surrounded them. Water trickling over rock. Wind in the trees.

The young woman near him seemed to perceive it much as he did.

"The smell," she replied. "It smells both alive and dead. Things grow in the swamp, and they are fragrant, but they also die here. I can smell decomposition and decay."

"Endasaja," the boy intoned, echoing what she had said.

...did it translate into Basic? The was that there was probably something he could say that would have some meaning liken unto what that word meant for his tribe, but the Dathomirian boy struggled to sum up any one or two words that would fit. So, instead, he answered, "Death, yet life. Light, yet darkness."

It would be very easy to invoke the Green spirits here. He hesitated, if only because he realized he needed to choose his words carefully, lest he cast a spell without meaning to.

He didn't imagine that the Jedi would be opposed to Allyan magic, but neither did he want to risk offending them.

"Kuk besin naut elsin," the boy remarked. Another Dathomirian phrase, though while anyone from his village would very clearly understand his meaning, he struggled to try and put into words his answer to the question posed by Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

"...I'm not sure I could describe this feeling in Basic," the boy admitted, as he seemed at a loss. Then finally stated,

"Goddess in Her heaven. All is right with the world."

00_001.doric.png

Tag: Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Cailen Corso Cailen Corso Jorah zos Darnus Jorah zos Darnus Thelma Goth Thelma Goth Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

"I like cicadas, they help me sleep at night" I replied to Cailen Corso Cailen Corso as I gently closed my eyes again as I listens to the explanation from Jorah zos Darnus Jorah zos Darnus I didnt speak dathomiri but their attunment to nature made me interested in them, at least until their attunement turned to manipulation and corruption of the natural order. "Will it stay lesser? I've never met a full grown Krayt Dragon and I don't think I would like to any time soon." Just because I loved all of nature didnt mean I couldn't be scared of some of the more dangerous parts. He mentioned a goddess which to my understanding made him an allayan dathomiri, interesting.

Another young man, about my age started doing pull ups nearby, I couldn't help but steal a little look and I watched the man work out admiring his form and the way his impressive muscles moved under his armour with a little smirk on my face. It took me a second to notice that I had caught the eye of Thelma Goth Thelma Goth as she too glanced around. Oh spirits above? Did she think I was checking him out? I was admiring his technique, that was it.. chit.

Things grow in the swamp, and they are fragrant, but they also die here. I can smell decomposition and decay."

"Wonderful isn't it?" I added, taking in a deep breath of the miasmic air.

Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Thelma Goth Thelma Goth Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Cailen Corso Cailen Corso Jorah zos Darnus Jorah zos Darnus Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari

Tiland's eyes shot open and darted through the shadows of the swamp around them, seeking out the strange sensation that had echoed through the Force before Pyeth splashed down. But Corbin was moving instantly and Tiland waited for a few heartbeats, observing. But Pyeth seemed to be unharmed, at least physically, and as far as Tiland could send his mind out into the world around him, he could find no trace of whatever that coldness had come from.

He nodded as the others spoke, Thelma, Cailen, Jorah, Lossa, and Gweneth. They were young. Now, they were all young in Tiland's eyes, but they were very young. Padwans and acolytes, still beginning their first steps on the path along the mysteries of the Force that he had so recently discussed with Caedyn Arenais.

"Cicadas, yes; heat, yes; life and decay, certainly, the goddess in her heaven," Tiland agreed. "These are all parts of the whole, are they not?" He paused to study each of them, watching them for a sense of their reaction. "Like the Force speaks to each of us differently- different parts of the environment spoke the most clearly to each of you, based on your own unique histories and interpretations of the world around you."

He smiled broadly. "And like the Force, none of you mentioned the water we're sitting in."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom