Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ravenfire | Corbin Vasher's Personal Lightsaber

Status
Not open for further replies.
2139796547_1664930233580.jpg

RAVENFIRE

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Lightsaber
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Average (~1kg)
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Mandalorian-Style Hilt.
  • Hyperviolet Kyber Crystal: Gives the blade a fiery deep violet [#330066] color with black core. Deals Fire and Radiation damage in addition to regular damage.
  • FACTS Gel Environmental Sealing: Allows use in any environment, including underwater and in a vacuum.
  • Lyadtr Steel Hilt: Light and sturdy alloy that blocks even the strongest Lightsaber strikes. Also has cool feathered banding pattern.
  • Reflec Shadowskin Polymer Finish: Gives a cool black finish to match Corbin's armor.
  • Internal Igniter Switch.
  • Longer-than-average blade length.
  • Pulse Charger: Boosts damage and cutting power.
  • Force Alchemy (Jensaarai variant): Powers the lightsaber instead of a power cell.
STRENGTHS
  • Lightsaber: The lightsaber blade can cut through most materials with relative ease.
  • Long Handle: Allows wielder more leverage when swinging by using various parts of the body as fulcrums.
  • Environmental Sealing: Can be used underwater or any extreme environment where a normal Lightsaber would not be able.
  • Lyadtr Hilt: Protects hilt, even from other Lightsabers. Is also lighter weight than normal.
  • Immune to Cortosis: Because it is powered by Force Alchemy instead of a power cell, Cortosis will not cause a feedback loop to short out the blade, rendering it effective against Cortosis armor.
  • Bastard Sword: A slightly longer than normal blade length (~1.42m) allows a slightly longer melee reach.
  • Force Activated: The igniter switch is internal instead of external, meaning it can only be activated by a Force-user.
WEAKNESSES
  • Doesn't Slice Beskar: It can eventually melt through beskar, but it takes time and cannot slice through it immediately. It will not cut or even melt Lyadtr steel.
  • Long Blade: Is not well suited for combat in very close fines.
  • No Hand Guard: There is no protection from the blade if the hand slips up the hilt. This can potentially cause a loss of the hand or the blade to shut off if wearing cotosis gauntlets.
  • Jedi Weapon: May cause some people to automatically assume wielder is a Jedi.
  • Long Handle: Makes it more difficult to conceal.
  • Force Activated: The igniter switch is on the inside and cannot be activated without use of the Force. The makes it unable to be activated within any area that cuts off access to the Force. The same principle applies to the Force Alchemy that powers it.
DESCRIPTION
This Lightsaber has an elegant 3.5cm diameter, 60.9137056cm long Mandalorian-style hilt. The horizontally ridged grip runs the length of the hilt to about 2.5cm from the edge of the blade end, which has an angled head like a box cutter. There is no hand guard, so it requires experience to wield without risk of self-enjury or embarrassment. The left side of the hilt (the side facing one if one is holding it in the right hand) is engraved with the Mando'a script for Burbr'tracyn, while the other side is engraved with High Sith runes for Katya-saud. It sports a feathered banding pattern and matte black finish to match Corbin's armor.
The blade is 121.827411cm long, is relatively flat (7.112cm x 3.4554cm) and shaped like a longsword. The hyperviolet (purple on black) blade gives a sense of dark mystery and may fill potential enemies with dread should they see it.
This Lightsaber is meant to be a mid-range melee weapon and is not suited for cramped spaces, but for areas with ample space for wide swings. It can be used one handed along with a blaster pistol in the off hand, or with both hands for maximum striking damage.
Being a Lightsaber, the blade will not cut through materials impervious to Lightsaber strikes, including beskar or phrik, and cortosis will cause a feedback loop if it contacts the blade, temporarily shorting it out. Cortosis alloys can still deflect a Lightsaber blade as well.
This Lightsaber pairs with Corbin's armor to represent who he truly is as a Mandalorian Jensaarai Defender and was made using the same beskar alloy.
The blade burns so hot that it can even melt through beskar, though this takes time. It would take several swings to effectively damage beskar. It still will NOT damage lyadtr steel.

Last edited:
Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

Very nicely made and detailed submission! One thing, please remove the Environmental Sealing's link from the Material, we cannot accept just Wookieepedia and starwars.com links.
Any recommendations on something that would accomplish the same effect? Because the only thing I found so far on creating environmental seals was a modification called environmental seals. Not very detailed but I didn't know what else to put.

Very nicely made and detailed submission! One thing, please remove the Environmental Sealing's link from the Material, we cannot accept just Wookieepedia and starwars.com links.
I removed environmental sealing from materials. I noticed you only said remove it from Materials. Does this mean I can keep it in Strengths, or do I remove it entirely? The concept is it's modded to be waterproof, dirt-proof, and function in any environment.

John Locke John Locke
Added a Picture (my own image taken directly from the Jedi Fallen Order video game).
Added Pulse Charger mod to special features to boost damage (making its cutting power more effective) and added to strength that it can slowly melt through beskar.
Added Force Alchemy to materials and special features, in that it is only used to power the saber instead of a power cell. It has no other purpose.
Removed weakness to cortosis. Added to strength that Force Alchemy makes it immune to the effects of cortosis, since it has no power cell to short.
Added to weakness that is will only slowly melt through beskar, not actually quickly cut it, and will not do any damage at all to lyadtr steel.
Removed the fire/radiation kyber crystal from strengths. Doesn't seem like enough to warrant placement in strengths (I could be wrong) but is still in features.
Added long handle being difficult to conceal to weakness.
Also added hex code for the color of the blade.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge

• The Image Source is not good. Please link the Jedi: Fallen Order's official website or the imdb link.
  • Please link your bito to the Manufacturer and Affiliation
  • And about this "that is impervious to Lightsaber strikes", please reword it. Even if it has extreme resistance it is not mean the object is impervious or indestructible. We are not accept such objects in the Factory.

• The Image Source is not good. Please link the Jedi: Fallen Order's official website or the imdb link.
  • Please link your bito to the Manufacturer and Affiliation
  • And about this "that is impervious to Lightsaber strikes", please reword it. Even if it has extreme resistance it is not mean the object is impervious or indestructible. We are not accept such objects in the Factory.
  • Will the EA site work? I think that should be the official one, since they published it.
  • I thought I did have those linked, but they definitely are now.
  • Technically it was already accepted with that wording (lol, I'm just teasing). I reworded to say it blocks lightsabers. Also reworded the same mention in strengths to be more ambiguous. I said it protects the hilt, instead of keeping it from being destroyed.

That should be everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom