Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes (Republic Dominion of Katarr)

Great. The padawan dodged the arrow. And Vulpesen was now standing directly in its path. Moving compeltely on instinct, Vulpesen ducked away, growling as the weapon cut a shallow groove into his arm. "Good job. Next time try to warn me about proje-" A rumbling rolled above them. Looking up, Vulpesen saw the stone starting to slip as the device holding it slowly gave way. He had either pressed to hard in panic, or had let go in distraction. Either way, he was about to be real thankful that he was a jedi. "Hey Vince, you know force speed?" The jedi took several steps back, looking up at the dangerous stone. Regardless of @[member="Vincent Jusik"]'s answer, he would say only one word. "Run."

Vincent had a quip for @[member="Vulpesen"] 's comment but was interrupted before he could even begin. A loud rumbling and his master's urging to run. He pocketed the holocron and took off.

Didn't have to tell him twice.

Vulpesen turned and quickly darted away as the stone came crashing down with a sound loud enough to wake everything nearby... and off course it did. The rivers of the force flowed and gushed out, flooding his senses as life awoke all around them. It was definitively not one creature he was sensing. It was many and they really seemed to have gotten off on the wrong side of the bed! "Sonofa-!" Can't say that, there's a padawan nearby. "Vincent, there should be some rubble to your right in a few meters, leap on once you reach it. It should out of this thing's way and quite honestly, I think it might come in handy within a few moments." Ok, not as easy as it looked, but nothing ever was. All Vulpesen needed to do was improvise and make sure that whatever was stalking them didn't kill him, or the pupil.

@[member="Vincent Jusik"]

The Jedi Knight appeared out of nowhere next to @[member="Kira Liadain"] and he said, "what is the plan today Master Liadain?" He asked when he entered the cave and saw a blonde figure ahead of him in the dark. He didn't really know what was going on, but he watched cautiously and he hurried a little to see what he could do to help.

[SIZE=medium]Katarr[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Objective: Explore Ruins[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Talon walked silently into the remains of a huge circular structure. His bare feet left ghost like prints in the unmoved dust and ash of the building. Whatever it had been, no one came here now. His ears picked up the sounds of noise in the distance but he was certain others were safe he felt only the smallest traces of alarm in the force. He walked to what may once have been a wall and began looking for anything that may give him a hint of what it was he was looking for. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]He walked along until the floor made a slight scratching noise beneath his feet. He bent down to wipe the dust and ashes away and found a small crack that after inspection formed a 1.5 meter by 1.5 meter square. Talon saw no way to lift the loose block and so he focused on his connection with the force and let it flow through him. He closed his eyes and gripped the block in the force then tried to move it. Surprisingly, it moved and soon the square sat to one side and Talon was staring into a dark passage and the beginnings of a dark staircase. He shuddered and quickly closed his eyes as he stretched out in the force. He would just have to delve into the dark…alone…and blind. What could go wrong?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]'Great idea Tal' he thought poking fun at himself, 'lets wander off to search ruins alone, on a world you've never been to, and walk down the dark creepy steps. You sir are genius material.'[/SIZE]

Katarr
Objective: Explore Ruins

Little did @[member="Talon Vosra"] realize that he was not alone. Quietly snooping along, Peradun had watched the Knight's every move, watched him shuffle about in the dimly lit passage, looking for... something. He did not see it necessary to interrupt, maintaining his utter silence. How the Zelosian hadn't yet noticed him there was utterly beyond the Felacatian padawan, but for the moment it worked to his benefit, somehow, and as the Vosra worked at a stone, it didn't appear to move - until it did.

Interesting, He thought. An application of the Force not within my reach, as of yet, perhaps.

But his thoughts did not detract from his focus, a mischievous grin spreading his lips apart. Creeping closer, he could see over the shoulder of the other man. It was dark down the passage, but not as dark for him as it was for Vosra. Meeristali moved closer, still, until he was just about breathing down the plant-man's neck, and spoke with a bare, chilling - perhaps even slightly sultry - whisper in his ear:

"The dark doesn't bite, you know," he said, slipping a slithering hand over the other man's shoulder. "But I can see pretty well in the dark, if you're worried."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Katarr Mountains
Obj: Setup Early Warning Station

The mountains were wet and lush today. It was raining slightly and the leaves seemed to trickle down with comforting splitter-splash. The ground was wet with rich black dirt and the smell of recently fallen mango fruits. If you took a misstep you might even step in one of the squishy yellow spheres. Making your boots an even greater mess than the shallow puddles could create.

Amid this tropical paradise of wet leaves and shallow pools was a single grouping of Republic Engineers. Humans, Bothans, Cathars, and a few construction droids too. All stomping there way through the muddy terrain with a few sighs and complaints. They were heading up the mountain side to a clearing near the top. The perfect place to set up the landing zone for their Early Warning Towered System.

Among this troupe of colorful Engineers was a lone Jedi female. Garbed in gray robes and doing her best not to step in anything too mushy.

~ "Query: Are you alright Padawan Jhovna? You appear to have just stepped in a local assortment of Katarr Fruit. I expect the local gods are offended and you will no doubt be sacrificed at the local's earliest convenience." ~

"Well. Thank you for the warning T6. I'll try to be more careful next time."

~ "Statement: Of course Padawan Jhovna. I am a T-Series bi-pedal construction droid with many wonderful utilities at your disposal. I am always happy to assist. Please continue up the mountain with care. ...I could carry you if you would prefer?"

"No. No thank you T6. I think I'll just hike like everybody else. The top of the mountain isn't far now. Save your strength for the building project. We're almost there."

~ "Peculiar Eyebrow Raise: What a strange thing to say." ~

Sam sighed and let the giant tin can continue up the trail. Falling behind on purpose to distance herself from the Chatty Kathy. The other Engineers snickered a little as they slogged on ahead. Perhaps she wasn't the only one who thought the worker droids were acting a little weird today either?

Coming down for a landing, not like met to be late to the party. Just hoping that Master @Vulpesen wouldn't like to explain where she been. All she could think about was finding her Master. It was something in the back of her mind that told her to put on her full armor that what she did. Having to just slide into her knee high scaled boots. Choosing to put on her knifes along with her lightsaber already being done up in her hair. Looking at both her pets, telling them to stay on board. From the last time and what happen at the temple how scared it seem everyone was of her AKK dog, Hunter it wasn't like he would arm anyone.

Looking around before she started to get a feeling that she knew which way to go just not how far. It started out as a brisk walk, then turning into a light job, as she had learn more to open herself up to what was around her. As she did so finding her legs moving quicker as she wonder just where she end up at, to the fact that she started to have to use some of her other skills of jumping, even doing some flipping remember as childhood doing this in the jungle. Opening herself up more to the force she had cage up inside of. Understanding that she had taken a different path then the others before appearing to caught up with the others. Even as she slowed down, looking around to see just where the world her speed had took her. Hey Master, I made it later then never.@[member="Vulpesen"] Hoping that would over look that had her armor still on where she had been before, not in her robs.

ww1-1-1-2.jpg

"Better late than never. Although, I woul prefer it if you didn't cut it so close next time." Despite appearances, Vulpesen was not talking about the boulder that they had just avoided. No, whatever he had been sensing was on the verge of revealing itself. Preparing his blade, Vulpesen found himself staring in awe as a very large pack of Kath Hounds charged from the ruins, heading straight for the jedi. "Kath hounds. Always kath hounds." Ahead of a pack of fourteen kath hounds, there sat a greater kath hound, sporting its three large horns as it glared at the jedi in front of it. "Yeaaah, next time try to be a lot faster Maya." Vulpesen was a master beast tamer, but fifteen enraged kath hounds was pushing even his abilities.

@[member="Vincent Jusik"] @[member="Maya Whitelight"]

@[member="Meeristali Peradun"]

"Gaaaahhh!" Talon said turning quickly and seeing Meeristali. "That! Was good."

Talon put a hand on his chest and sighed.

"You almost killed me but it was good." Talon said with a nod and a grin. "Well lead the way I'm completely blind in anything less than moonlight." Talon took out his wide strip or black and gold cloth then tied it over his eyes. He had learned to trick his mind into focusing on his other senses rather than his lack of sight when he was in the dark. He reached out in the force and let the living current flow through him as he placed a hand on Meeristali's shoulder.

"I bet Mara would have at least given a guy a warning." Talon joked as he followed the Padawan into the darkness. He could feel a presence deep inside and it seemed ancient and waiting but for what he could not say.

Katarr
Objective: Explore Ruins
Team Flower Kitten: @[member="Talon Vosra"] @[member="Meeristali Peradun"]

There was a problem with making one's way across Katarr alone in human form. The local fauna seemed hell bent on having you for dinner. She cursed under her breath as she sat up in the boughs of a tree, mostly hidden from sight, frowning down at the ruins through an opening in the lush foliage. There was a pack of kath hounds.

Of course. Kath hounds. And there was an elder hound in front of them, clearly a strong, impressive specimen of his species. A low, rumbling growl started deep in her chest, and she adjusted her position on the heavy branch. The urge to take him down was strong and nearly had her shifting against her will to do it.

As much as Mara hated to deny the predatory half of her soul, she had no choice. Not only was there the mission to think of, but even she couldn't get through fourteen kath hounds and an elder kath. Movement caught her gaze, with the pack begin to rise and race out of the ruins, the elder bringing up the rear. Something had attracted them, and ranging out with her mind, the padawan smiled. Vulpesen was there, and if any single Jedi could manage that many kath hounds, it was the beast tamer.

She lept down from her perch gracefully, landing on her feet with feline agility. Careful steps took her into the ruins, all of her senses on alert, until she felt a familiar ping at the back of her mind. Her predator recognizing another...a family member at that...deep within the ruins, alongside another presence bright in the Force. She followed the path that they had taken, letting the Force guide her until she had shifted her eyes into their feline form.

Mara let go of the Force tendrils that had guided her, instead relying on her feline senses to make her way down the stairs and into the long, dark and dank hallway. With Stali in the lead, she was close enough to hear Talon's last remark, and she couldn't resist. While her cousin would have sensed her by now with the bond they shared, Talon might not.

Silently, she stepped up behind him, sliding a hand across his broad shoulder before she whispered in his ear, unknowingly just the way Stali had. "Would depend on my mood, Talon...did ya miss me?" she purred, the smile audible in her tone.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Katarr Mountains
Obj: Setup Early Warning Station

The crew of engineers ascended the rocks and had finally made it to the top of the mountain clearing. The view of the foggy cliffs was down right amazing from up here. The low hanging grey mists caused the rain to fall with a soft patter and allowed the light to streak through the clouds in great beams. The whole earth was moist and the white rocks glittered like gold. Sam stood atop a tall peak and just breathed it all in.

"Ah. Now this is living."

She wrapped up her damp hair under her hood and just took a moment to enjoy the view. As she did so the leader of the Engineers, a Cathar Male, radioed the mission in,

~ "Command this Site Two. We've arrived and are setting the beacon now. Drop the supplies and we'll get started. Over." ~

~ "Site Two this is Command. Roger that. Supplies are enroute to you now. ETA three minutes. Mission reports are green across the board. Command over and out." ~

The Cathar set his radio aside and gave a motion for the droids to begin their work. The robots would begin clearing the land while the workers set up the com beacon. Sam trotted over and gave a wave to the leader,

"Okay then! Where can I pitch in?"

"Oh no. You're on guard duty Padawan Jedi. Just stay back and out of the way, and yeah. Everything will work out fine. You can... ugh. Go look for Sith over there, or something. We've got this."

Sam gave a pouty frown and resumed her post. So much for helping. Ugh.

@[member="Meeristali Peradun"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"]

Talon's senses were so focused on the presence he felt deep below that once again he didn't feel the second Padawan, and a personal friend no less, come up behind him.

He nearly jumped out of his skin as he felt Mara's soft touch across his shoulder.

"Son of a Bantha!" Talon said as he once again grabbed his chest, more for show than anything, "Mara I swear on the force you're in line for a spanking!"

Talon had to laugh at himself for being so engrossed in the ruins. Normally his senses were some of the best. He was going to have to make sure and work on that later. He gave Mara a quick one armed hug and put one hand on her shoulder blindly.

"Did Kira and her beans put you two up to tormenting me today?" He said softly trying to make up for his earlier surprise, "because I swear I will put pollen in all of your robes next time."

He was feeling much more his jovial self and he needed that. His stint in Sith torture had made him less confident and it felt good to be with fellow Jedi again. Once again he stretched out in the force and felt for the presence below and noticed it was 8n a different place. Whatever it was it seemed mobile but not a malignant presence. He would like to find out what it was.

"There is a presence deep below us." He said, "can you feel it?"

After the feral people from earlier had been subdued, Daella eventually made her way to where [member="Vulpesen"] was. She witnessed her former Padawan and [member="Maya Whitelight"] get attacked by a pack of Kath hounds. Immediately, Daella jumped to action. She began to cut down the vicious, potentially deadly beasts one by one.

Antares Windu found himself outside of the cave and wandering around the planet until he heard the sound of Kath hounds. When he saw [member="Daella Apparine"] begin dispatching them he leapt into the fray to aide her and began cutting the remaining ones down side by side with the Jedi Master.

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
[member="Daella Apparine"]

Lews raced up toward the masters and fellow padawan. The Kath hounds had formed a large pack. Their vicious maws gnashed their teeth as Lews struck at them with his blue lightsaber. He said nothing as he fought and killed his first hound.

Vulpesen looked up, rather shocked as [member="Daella Apparine"] came to his aid. "Why hello master." For a moment, he watched her, shocked at her vicious attacks. Then, remembering who she was he got over it and reached out to the force exerting his will over that of the hounds. "Settle, lest I show you your true leader!" The force filled his voice. Any animal would find it difficult to deny him, and with Daella instilling fear and cutting down the number of subjects, Vulpesen's ability became quite effective as he started turning the dogs to his side.

[member="Vincent Jusik"] [member="Maya Whitelight"]

[member="Vulpesen"] ended up pacifying the remaining Kath hounds and causing them to flee.

Talking to the group, Daella told them, "A few ships should be coming to the system soon in order to help establishing order."

[member="Lews Therin"] [member="Antares Windu"]

Antares Windu tuned to [member="Daella Apparine"] when the Kath Hounds were either all felled, or they simply ceased combat after being 'converted' to their side because of [member="Vulpesen"] Torrevaso. "Shall we clear out an area? For a base camp?"

Replying to [member="Antares Windu"], Daella suggested, "Finding a clearing of flat land would be better. This planet is mostly lifeless, it seems, so securing things isn't necessary. Has anyone seen a suitably large area for a base camp?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom