Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes (Republic Dominion of Katarr)

He pointed off into the distance to the West that he had come from. It had been where he had landed his ship and the area had been quite clear and obviously flat. "In that direction. I landed my ship there in a flat clearing. It should suffice."

[member="Daella Apparine"]

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
[member="Daella Apparine"] [member="Vulpesen"] w[member="Antares Windu"]

"I saw it when we landed." He said in affirmation.

Lews began walking that direction. His long legs quickly began eating the distance as he tied back his longish red hair.

Antares started to walk off in the direction that [member="Daella Apparine"] had pointed them too. He was heading directly west, and when he pulled his comlink out, he contacted his astromech droid, sending orders for it to lift the ship straight up into the air so he could get a better idea of where he was going.

The rest of the group would have seen the starfighter as it eventually lifted up into the air with it's underside repulsors pulsating. "A few minutes. Seconds if we ran." He called over his shoulder.

After [member="Antares Windu"] informed the group of how fast they could reach the clearing, Daella began to pick up her pace as she followed her fellow Jedi.

A voice crackled through Daella's comlink saying, "Master Jedi Apparine, we're about to enter the system."

Talking to the group heading to the clearing, Daella said, "Let's get this ready."

Antares's own pace began to speed up as he took it upon himself to move into a light jog. Within a few minutes they passed into the clearing, Antares's own starfighter moving along the edges of the large clearing so as to not be in the way. "Flat land for the most part." He said quite obviously. "What do we do first?"

[member="Daella Apparine"]

Katarr
Objective: Explore Ruins

He had been just about to answer the Zelosian Knight's seemingly rhetorical question when [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] herself showed up. He'd felt her coming, his dear cousin, and had elected to just let her without so much as a whiff of a warning to [member="Talon Vosra"], because teasing someone who was jumpy in the supposedly creepy dark was a prospect somewhat difficult to resist when he wasn't required to be one-hundred-percent serious. He laughed.

"No, no. Liadain didn't have a hand in this at all," he clarified with another laugh, stifled. "Hey, beautiful. Nice of you to join us. Let's keep moving. You cover our six, Mara."

Eyes forward, he continued moving forward as directed, down the stairs, stretching out his senses that seemed to have further reach each time he employed them.

"Yes. There is... something. Not sure what. But it's definitely something," he said, reaching the bottom of the staircase and stopping to look around. "Do you want to find out what it is?"

Once the group reached the clearing, Daella scanned the surroundings. She then told [member="Antares Windu"], "Seeing as there's still no life nearby, we wait for the first dropships."

Daella then took the Jedi beacon on her utility belt that each Jedi had and turned it on.

"Didn't expect much to happen on this planet, right?" asked Daella to those around.

The young Windu watched the Jedi Master take off her beacon and watched as she turned it on. He had his own, but he didn't think he needed it considering she had just turned on her own.

Antares didn't even answer when [member="Daella Apparine"] asked her question. It seemed more of a rhetorical question to him anyway. What could have possibly happened upon such a planet? Sith falling from the sky? And he looked up into the air to look up and see if any dropships could be seen yet.

Soon after Daella activated her beacon, several Republic starships - including at least one capital ship - exited hyperspace above Katarr. Captain Oreluos, a Duros, led the military group. Dropships carrying soldiers and engineers were launched. Soon, Daella and others near the clearing could see them approaching.

As the dropships neared the clearing, Daella said, as if nothing significant would happen, "All we might have to do is help them unload any materials."

Not Ordo

[member="Daella Apparine"] [member="Antares Windu"]

Lews crossed his arms and waited. His eyes scanned the area for threats. His lightsaber hung on his utility belt and his dark green cloak was pushed back over his shoulders.

"Something always happens." He said dryly.

When Antares saw the starships finally coming down to their location he looked down and his dark gaze found [member="Daella Apparine"]. It seemed the most entertaining thing that had come out of coming to Katarr was fighting off Kath Hounds for a few seconds. Then it was down to work. As in...Unloading equipment that he probably knew little about, if anything.

"Tell me where to go." He said with a tone that showed he wouldn't put up an argument.

[Space]

As Oreluos began to deal with the logistics of dropships going back and forth from orbit and planetside, a battered and bruised Sith Empire-style Star Destroyer dropped out of hyperspace relatively close to Oreluos's task force.

Shields on the ship were down and it did not fire. Instead, an SOS message was sent through infrequently used radio frequencies.

[member="Meeristali Peradun"] [member="Marakai Al'Orren"]

Talon cracked a smile as he decided to amuse himself.

"I have been here the whole time and I'm flattered you think I'm beautiful." He said as he ensured he sounded genuine, "but let's focus on the exploring and finding out what that presence is."

He fought a smirk knowing that they could see him but he couldn't see them. He nodded and pointed to the right.

"I think we should try that way."

Before the Jedi could do much work, something did happen. Daella got a message from Oreluos through her commlink that said, "Imperial ship just entered orbit. But, it looks almost dead and we're getting an SOS message. I'd like a team of Jedi to come help us out as we sent a boarding party to investigate."

Turning to [member="Antares Windu"], [member="Lews Therin"], and any other Jedi that would join, Daella said, "Follow me. We'll need to board a dropship up to space."

Not Ordo

[member="Antares Windu"] [member="Daella Apparine"]

"Unloading sounds like a Padawan invitation." He said as he rolled up his sleeves.

He walked to the dropship and waited at the boarding ramp. As the ramp lowered he went in and began carrying out gear for the base of operations.

Antares heard the sound of a voice crackling over [member="Daella Apparine"]'s comlink and he paid close attention to the words. He was already moving to his starfighter on the edge of the clearing. "I will follow in my starfighter." He said and was already heading into his ship and waiting for any last words before closing the hatch and awaiting further orders.

Before Daella and [member="Antares Windu"] would momentarily part ways, Daella took the time to turn to the Jedi Knight and tell him, "May the Force be with you."

Then, Daella boarded the dropship that would take the other Jedi up into space. Daella sat next to [member="Lews Therin"], yet she did not talk.

Oreluos did greet the Jedi boarding party with his voice, though, by saying, "The ship doesn't seem active - as if its jump to this planet was a last ditch thing. You will have some soldiers protecting you, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's heavy fighting. Just be careful. Good luck."

After Oreluos gave his extremely quick briefing, the dropship that Daella was on began to approach the Imperial star destroyer.

Antares's own starfighter's vertical repulsor lifts activated and the eta-6a starfighter began lifting up into the air after the shuttle that [member="Daella Apparine"] was on. The plan for him was to just follow the other Jedi into the ship and when they did board the ship through the hangar bay he would get out. If need be.

Then his starfighter began to speed up and pass the shuttle and moved faster to the Imperial hangar bay. More recon if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom