Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Absolute Power | Korriban, Open |

maxresdefault.jpg

Valley of the Dark Lords Excavation Site, Korriban, Ashlan Crusade Militarized-Zone

The excavations had been carried out in secret for several months now, any purview into the valley prohibited by word of the Ashlan Kaiser. The official reasoning behind the dig was to search for any Sith weapons left forgotten from the time of their empire, though the truth was a far more uncomfortable one. The excavations were undergone entirely by droids whose memories were wiped at the end of each shift; the only organics involved being a few engineers that had served Cedric long before he ever wore the title of emperor. Their loyalty was the most precious resource the Crusade could offer, and it seemed to Cedric that it was becoming a rather rare commodity as of late.

Every goal he had set forth for himself had been reached. Every challenge achieved. What remained of the Sith lingered in the shadows, or at the beck and call of his father's old apprentice, and that horde would eat itself in time. Soon Solipsis would have his day, and then finally the cleansing could begin. What remained of Sith culture across its ancestral worlds was even now being stripped away, catalogued, and either burned or shelved into the vaults for what might well be a millennium. No one aside from the Kaiser and the most trusted of the Ashla's servants would be privy to their contents.

In that vacuum, a new ethos could be forged. What remained of their society would be recast in the Essonian image, just as the Ashlans had been. What had once been his single dying race was now an entire culture, a spiritual force, so wild and strong that it no longer needed his guidance to thrive, though that guidance would continue to remain so that its true potential might be achieved. The genocide of Ession no longer defined her children; their conquest of the Sith and the reclamation of worlds not held for thousands of years would be their mark left upon history.

For the first time in a generation, the Essonians could know rest, but then resting on their laurels was a surefire way to collapse into irrelevance, and Cedric had rarely known idle hands.

The excavation of the Valley of the Dark Lords reached its completion the day before his arrival on Korriban. It was nowhere near its grandeur in the days of yore, nor its state under the late Sith Empire, but the infernal echoes of a thousand generations of hatred still screamed across its sunbaked wastes all the same. Never had Cedric set foot in a place so steeped in the vileness of the Bogan. It was akin to stepping into a pressure tube, the dry air seeming to cling to his body like a wet bedsheet. The sensation was more physical than he could have imagined, as if the valley itself recoiled at his unwelcome presence. The Blade of Ruusan hung even heavier on his belt, so much so that he was forced to grab the ancient weapon to keep it from falling and sinking into the dirt.

Faith gave way to willpower as Cedric trudged on, jackboots crunching through the dirt until he reached what felt to be the focal point of the valley's disdain. Two of the excavation droids dipped toward him in a brief show of artificial respect before trundling off to continue their work. A battered pillar that looked to be as old as the planet itself jutted upward from the spot they'd been working on, and it was there the Dark Side pooled.

The Ashlans had purged much of this world, but his brothers and sisters would not be allowed to set foot here. This place had a purpose to serve. The exile set both knees into the dunes, steeped his fingers, and drew his eyes closed as he began his meditation.

The empyrean was a violent surging thing here. On Ession, it was a calm vibrant sea filled with diverse life living peacefully in company with one another. There was energy there, and desire to, but it was tamed, restrained. It worked in harmony with itself. If Ession was a calm sea, then Korriban was cauldron of magma. Any flicker of life that could not withstand the superheated chaos was either purged or consumed by another more suited to survival. Disharmony was the way, cooperation a sin, a weakness, the largest consumed the small and each decision was taken with only the advancement of the self in the natural pecking order considered. It was life at its most monstrous, and yet it was life all the same.

The Essonian Jedi drew in a deep breath and envisioned a bubble forming around himself within the empyrean's waters as he exhaled. The physical pressure of the Dark Side's presence vanished as the breathing technique took into effect, and Cedric slowly rose to his feet once more.

The corruption of the Bogan staved off for the time being, Cedric keyed his gauntlet-comm into the frequency of his primary liaison. "Decius, inform the local PDF that any ships headed toward my coordinates are to be permitted safe passage. Detain any other unofficial landings as usual."

"Expecting visitors?" The aging soldier's voice crackled back.

"Perhaps. You ever hunted feral Kath hounds?"

"Once or twice when I was a boy."

"I'm going to be doing the equivalent of goring a Nerf and leaving it out to scream all night. See what comes looking."

"Shall I ready the division?"

"No, that would spoil things. Just monitor my vitals and keep this between us."

"Always my kaiser," conversations with Decius were always brief, which was part of why Cedric enjoyed the old man's company so much. Niceties grew more exhausting the further the years went on.

His conditions met; Cedric strode toward the pillar once more. The Blade of Ruusan roared to life, its cyan light bending unnaturally from the apex of the valley's vile energy. Setting aside any trepidation, Cedric stabbed the blade into the heart of the pillar, searing through the sandstone and the Bogan within. The pillar exploded with a violent shockwave, throwing Cedric clear off his feet and sending his lightsaber clanking across the stone. Bits of shrapnel bounced off the phrik plating beneath his chest piece, knocking the wind out of his lungs but leaving him otherwise unharmed.

A whirling vortex of what Cedric could only describe as the Dark Side made manifest hissed in the pillar's place, thrusting up toward the sky in a stream of purple light. The fusion of the Force nexuses created a reaction most unnatural, one that could be seen from Korriban's orbit if one was to look.

So too did the beacon scream out into the cosmos, echoing across the galaxy like a ripple that grew louder the farther it traveled. Any force-sensitive paying the least bit of attention might feel it rushing past them, and with a bit of effort, narrow the pulse back to its point of origin.

The call was made, and the path was now open.

All he had ever dreamed of; he had achieved with the Ashla's boon. Why then, he wondered, did it feel like it wasn't enough?

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Archon of the Primyn Group
Empress of Terraris, Supreme Commander of the Terraris Command, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
mUoTieq.png
Objective: Talking
Location: Valley of the Dark Lords Excavation Site, Korriban, Ashlan Crusade Militarized-Zone
Equipment: The Soulsabers (hidden) | Hersir Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Tag: Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson
dRUm20K.png
[ Stone and Dust ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

Ingrid was just on the planet when she felt a familiar presence. Cedric Grayson. They were finally not in a place where the planet wanted to kill the woman. Korriban was more restrained. She had been here many times, especially in the years that even Adrian lived. Afterwards, only in business matters, because HPI and her other companies also have interests here. She tried to save everything that could be attributed to her ex-husband. She still misses him, in the same way just like the day he died at Dantooine.

But she learned to live with the pain and without Adrian.

She was still doing paperwork, she had to sign several contracts when she felt Cedric. The red-haired woman never missed such an opportunity to talk to him. They had a good conversation on the battlefield for the first time as well. That is, they discussed; but that day was a turning point. She put down the datapad and walked to the centre of her room. Concentrated and teleported.

Moments later, she was in the place where she felt the man. She smiled sincerely for a moment. Yes, there was no bodyguard or anything, just like that when they first met. They could both have killed each other. But they were both straight soldiers. She walked closer, at a calm pace, to the other ruler. Her hands clasped behind her back.

She did not hide her presence now, so the man could feel her approach and also that she had arrived. When she got close enough, she spoke as she walked on, at a calm pace, with a smile on her lips.

"Cedric!" she greeted the man with a nod, even at the first meeting the Kaiser asked her to call him that way; she was unable to do it then, but now more time had passed and they had spoken several times. And on the day of his awakening, she realised she liked the Jedi Knight. "Don't you mind if I join? How are you?" she asked him.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

(Still entirely open)

Arcs of emerald lightning sputtered across the sky above, coinciding with the empress-witch's arrival. Cedric had little understanding of her teleportation, and little desire to gain any. "Unfortunate, but I suppose it's difficult to ignore so bright a beacon," he murmured, only half-speaking to the Eternal Empress as he regarded the convergence of the nexuses.

"I have created a wound that will not heal. Jedi will come, curious about its nature, perhaps to mend it. The Sith much the same, though out of hunger rather than any benevolence. Only the strongest of them, and perhaps the fools." The Ashlan monarch folded his arms behind the small of his back, regarding the spinning vortex with naked admiration. "The Force Nexus is a fairly modern commodity. They have existed in the past, but it is only recently that both Jedi and Sith have learned how to forge them in an almost industrial sense." Cedric's eyes narrowed, "For two opposites to meet is extremely rare. To do so on Sith holy ground, nearly unheard of."

Pregnant thunder clouds began to slowly coalesce in the heavens above. It seemed the conjunction of the nexuses came with weather anomalies, though given how nexuses functioned on their own, that was not unexpected.

"When I was in the Heelen Sei, I communed with the Ashla," The kaiser muttered as he began to pace around the pillar of violet light, "We spoke for some time. She told me some things." His gaze drifted from the pillar to Ingrid, "Freed my mind, in a sense. Not unlike yours."

There was a quiet otherness to his tone. It was steely and somewhat welcoming as it tended to be, but there was a private pride in it too; like he knew something she didn't. "Your master was an Essonian. A traitor, if I remember. He abandoned you, but the heart of your empire is the heart of mine."

The Essonian's lips pressed into a thin line as he regarded his datapad for reports of any incoming vessels. "For that, you may remain, but I require an oath of your fealty. If you cannot provide that, then I cannot trust you in this matter, and you must leave."

Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Last edited:
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Archon of the Primyn Group
Empress of Terraris, Supreme Commander of the Terraris Command, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
mUoTieq.png
Location: Valley of the Dark Lords Excavation Site, Korriban, Ashlan Crusade Militarised-Zone
Equipment: The Soulsabers (hidden) | Hersir Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Tag: Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson
dRUm20K.png
[ Stone and Dust ]

"Indeed! You are a rather phenomenon in this desolation. Only Lady Eina would have been more striking here." she told him.

Ingrid looked up at the sky for a moment, then walked closer. She could feel the energies swirling here. Ironically, she probably could have eliminated them. To eat all the energy that was in them. She didn’t offer the opportunity, though it was a really tempting thought. Even so, she considered herself a pretty big monster for what the Sith had done to her. The red-haired woman still tried to slow down the final transformation. She didn't want to know where it was all leading. What will be the long consequences.

"If you mean me and my daughter, neither of us is a Sith or a Jedi." she replied.

Ashla, again. Now she knew that Ashla really did exist, so there was no reason to doubt in his words. However, she shook her head at those who followed. Adrian would have been glad to hear what she was about to say. Her late husband had always wanted to hear that.

"He is not my master, not anymore. Not for a very long time. He betrayed not only Ession and your family, but also the Eternal Empire. My people." and me; but this did not belong here, the woman always had the Empire first, even her family only followed the Empire.

She looked at the man without emotion, neither her eyes nor her gaze revealed what she was thinking. Loyalty…

"I no longer swear allegiance to anyone, I never did. My allegiance is for the Eternal Empire, to no one else. And I will never betray the Empire, for no one and nothing! But my life is still at your hands, as it has been every day since Zios. " she answered. "We are equal, my lord. I never had anything to do with Ession. Darth Tacitus came to Nelvaan and, with the help of my family, captured it and then founded the Eternal Empire there. Because of it and his actions, we had to leave our homes after many thousands of years."

She didn't move, just watched the man in silence.

"For a very long time, I wanted you to marry my daughter for the sake of the loyalty and friendship of our empires. Considering she is my heir, it would all have matched the oath of allegiance you ask of me, but we never had a chance to talk about it. But fate wanted it differently. You have to settle for only the fact that one of your most loyal Crusader will be the next Eternal Empress' husband. Unless you don't want their engagement to dissolve and you want to marry Lady Eina" she said friendly.

Then her gaze grew gloomier.

"He is alive… he’s here again in Realspace, but he never came back. However, countless of his people returned to him. It was too striking when a part of the leading officers of the Empire deserted. I was investigating and then I found out… so he betrayed not only you but the Eternal Empire."

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

"You know, I've always wondered what Kaine's rationale for wanting to enslave you was."

A voice spoke up out of curiosity, a familiar wisp of shadow starting to fill the area, darkness weeping from the remaining carrion within the repeatedly defiled tombs of Korriban and coalescing into a shadowed form that Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim knew all too well. Gleaming white eyes looked out from the shadow towards Cedric, a smile on the entity's face as Onrai gazed over the landscape. "How ironic, another group of righteous crusaders seeking to justify conquest, engaged in iconoclasm of the past instead of mere study and preservation. I understand the nonsense about following the light, how the dark is evil and whatnot, but really, such devastation is unnecessary." She said.

Whether the Jedi would respond or not was a question in and of itself.

Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson

(Still open)

"I did not," came Cedric's rather shorty reply. Truth be told he'd not spent the past few months out of the public eye to discuss politics, and certainly not at the apex of his experiment. Nonetheless, the Essonian was ever the politician, and he could only afford to indulge her. "Yes, you've made your dedication to your people rather clear Ingrid."

There were critical moments, focal points in which one might see to the heart of another and nudge them toward the desired course of action. The Eternal Empress could not be made to serve his purposes with so blunt an object as simple charisma, but an equal was just as capable a tool as any. The heaviness of the air crept in on Cedric once again as Ingrid mentioned her desire for a legal union.

Ah, there it was. It was ambition, wriggling like a worm within the heart of the woman, though he doubted she would have recognized it for what it was. He understood it all too well. His peers and teachers had cast him out for the very same thing, though Cedric had worn his nakedly in spite of any councils or the galaxy's judgement. His exile had been of his own volition.

"I have no interest in marriage. Romance, political or otherwise, is the last of my concerns." His tone brooked no argument. "If your child has bonded with a crusader, then all the best for her."

Truthfully, he had little interest in what became of Ingrid's former master. The old wolf was no threat to him, and if he desired to be so, then Cedric would cast him out much the same as his father had done decades ago.

The energy in the air shifted as some other being, malevolent or otherwise, coalesced in the darkness. It arrived in much the same manner as Ingrid, its means unnatural and unknown, all together irrelevant to the Essonian exile.

What mattered was that the beacon worked. If one Sith, or whatever this creature was, might be called by it, then perhaps others would too. "
If you remain, you must not interfere Ingrid: unless I am near death. Your counsel is not unwelcomed, but I have shielded this place from the Crusade for a reason."

The Sith-thing questioned, and Cedric answered. "Fear perhaps, and a desire for dominance. We were a thorn in the heart of the Sith's ancestral lands. We denied them when the Republic and the Silver Coalition stood aside. That one revels in domination for its own sake, to be denied such, especially by a boy, I can only imagine to be particularly enraging. Any desires beyond that, I do not understand, nor do I have any wish to." The Panathan Sith had not crossed Cedric's mind in quite some time. Whatever hatred or desires for revenge he might have carried died in silence as he'd begun to understand the true nature of the galaxy, and of the Force itself some time ago.

"There is no justification needed, not for me anyway. My Ashlans did this for our god, for the Light. I did it because it was the logical path." Eyes the color of flint narrowed as they jumped from the beacon to the welcomed intruder. "We occupy a critical moment in time. For countless generations the Jedi and the Sith have competed for influence over the galaxy, and the stars have been molded to match that influence. In-fighting and mistrust have kept the Sith from total dominance; restraint and fear of the unknown did much the same to the Jedi. The wars we fight are but means to test ourselves against crude matter, but the true war, the war of the spirit, still rages incessantly."

"It is a battle of ethos, and one that can only be won by the total obliteration of the other. The cultures of the past must be eradicated if something new is to take their place. The monomyth of the Ashla serves as the catalyst for that spiritual transformation. That is why Dromund Kass is being reforged into a temple of the Ashla's worship, and why the secrets of Korriban, buried for centuries, must be wiped from history. The failing of the Jedi Order, aside from its dishonesty, has always been its obsession with half measures. I hold no such reservations."

The violet light of the beacon shuddered as the nature of Korriban began to dominate it. The confluence of Ashla and Bogan, Light and Dark, began to unravel. Soon the Dark Side's influence would spread once more, eclipsing the wound Cedric had carved into it, and the experiment might conclude as he had predicted.

"The Jedi argue for peace, the Sith for war, but neither can live while the other thrives. One will always overtake the other, but that family tie, the filial link between each order prevents one from completely exterminating the other, even when they believe that to do so is their intention. They feed off of one another, grow in their wars against each other. Without their conflict, they stagnate and suffer for it."

Cedric's gaze flickered between the two women, "The question to ask then, how does one stop the conflict permanently? How do you go about changing the very nature of the galaxy? This shift in the paradigm would be my answer."

Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim , Onrai Onrai

Last edited:
mUoTieq.png
Location: Valley of the Dark Lords Excavation Site, Korriban, Ashlan Crusade Militarised-Zone
Tag: Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson | Onrai Onrai | Open
dRUm20K.png
[ Stone and Dust ]

"And you were the one who accepted my answer in the best way, Cedric." she told him. "The last three people to ask for my allegiance and the Eternal Empire's were the Sith. Prazutis, on behalf of Carnifex. Then the Worm Emperor when he was just about to rise, and finally the Shaper. I said no to everyone. The sovereignty of the Eternal Empire will never be in question or never be sold. I will die for my people and my Empire before it happens. And I think if I asked you for the same thing, you did... your answer would be similar to mine."

Her words were ice cold but honest. Her loyalty has always been unquestionable. She served her people and the Empire faithfully. Ingrid would have even sent her own family to death if they turned against the Empire. Many times, she was told by others that it was a faulty trait that she was too loyal.

"I’m glad to hear that, even in your upper circles, not many people were happy with my idea. Because of Eina, they said she deserves a less military man, or someone who fit her more." a sincere smile appeared on her lips.

It was then that she felt the disturbance in the Force, a very but very familiar person appeared.

"Onrai!" said in an ice-cold voice, her voice was sharp and frosty, like the coldest night in Kalidan, but there was no emotion in her. She had a friendly conversation with Cedric before, but there was no sign of that now.

~ This is neither Sith nor human, Cedric. Not anymore. This is the creature who led me into a trap on Endor. She was the one who made me lose my humanity and become what I am. It absorbed the power of ancient beings, godlike creatures. This case is also personal to me. ~ she warned him in a telepathic way. ~ If that’s what you want, I won’t intervene, but it might be something even stronger than me. I have defended you from the two Zambranoes before. I still offer my help because I don’t think you’ve ever fought something like this, but you know I respect you enough, so I respect your request. ~

The red-haired woman hasn't moved yet. She respected Cedric enough to respect the man's request. Meanwhile, she listened intently to what the man was saying and watched the events. As Cedric had just spoken, it eerily reminded her of Tacitus. Essentially, what was missing from the end of Holy Kaiser's words was that the Force should be destroyed. And then it really would have been like him.

"Don't you just want to suggest that the best solution would be if the Force didn't exist? Because then all the fighting between the two sides would end? This is your thought, Cedric?" she asked; somewhere deep, for a fraction of a moment, she wanted the man to answer yes to that. But she knew with her mind that this would never happen, a man like Cedric Grayson would never be on her side on this issue.

Interesting, but she still didn't move.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

"Oh, indeed he does. Of Jedi, of slaves, and of lovers." Onrai was intimately familiar with the methodology of the Kainate's patriarch, particularly given her own personal experiences with him. "And yet regardless as to the deterioration of whatever Empire he manages to manifest, he returns. Persists. Whether he can ever truly be stopped is anyone's guess, but I would venture to doubt not without throwing the entire galaxy into upheaval."

The words of Cedric were certainly not the words of a Jedi - speaking of the Light was one thing but speaking of their god was something else. "There is no god of the Ashlans. If you claim there is such, it is an artificial creation, one who has not been around the galaxy since its inception. I know of how the galaxy became what it is today. Of what forces primordial clashed in the ancient times before such concepts as Jedi and Sith were established. When the Celestials were driven out and this plane of existence allowed to develop without the interference of false gods. And at the beginnings of this universe we call home, there was no Ashla. No Bogan."

The justification he gave was peculiar. "If you suggest that eliminating the Jedi and the Sith from the galactic equation through the purgation of their past history is the solution to prevent the perpetually cyclic shift between light and darkness, then that is an illogical choice of action. Inevitably, darkness will form against the light, and vice versa. The story of Wutzek and his spawn, of the perversions of the Kashi Mer Dynasty, the Primordials and their living laboratories of Otherspace, all indicate a perpetual pendulum the galaxy transitions back and forth between. Your attempt to eradicate this is... well... meaningless." She said.

Ingrid then spoke up, putting forward the idea of elimination of the Force itself. "Mortals don't need the Force or lack thereof as a justification to fight - conflict is innately within every species, within ever person. The desire to struggle in order to develop one's self. More sides would replace the Force-users and the cycle of destruction would continue. This of course ignoring the fact that the Force is the core structure of the galaxy, which keeps the universe in order and ensures the laws of reality. Without it, the ordered structure of the universe would collapse - and I don't think the Celestials would appreciate that. The Father of Shadows may, though..."

Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

He wasn't here.

The exile's lips curled downward with displeasure as he cast his senses out into the empyrean one final time. Once again, all he could perceive was the churning of chaos, and the wound the Blade of Ruusan had carved into its visage seemed to have only further destabilized it. If he walked in the dark places, it might have been empowering, but for now it would continue to serve as the beacon it was until it failed entirely.

His initial reasoning for coming here somewhat made a moot point, the Essonian turned to acknowledge his guests with his full attention. Ingrids words were certainly of some import. He understood little of her 'otherworldy' condition, and if the one was the source of that shift, even less so. The natural instinct was to adopt a defensive posture and prepare the unknown, but this thing had proven capable of conversating without violence thus far, and Cedric only come here to talk after all.

"I appreciate your warning Ingrid, but I will have to disagree with you on the matter of the Force. Its destruction is an impossibility, the consequences are unknowable and possibly apocalyptic if the influence of the Netherworld is anything to go by. I can understand the desire, the want to be free of the Force's will, but it can only be resisted, not destroyed." His time in the Heelen Sei had given him much to ponder on, and even now his thoughts on the nature of the empyrean were somewhat uncertain.

"It is difficult to catch a worm. They are slippery things. Know that so long as the Sith worlds remain in my care, his ilk will not rise to power here again. That is all I can offer. As long as the gates to the Netherworld remain open, the Sith will find a way to deny death. To actively hunt them is a waste of our energies when we could spend it building something new. Something better." He paused then, listening intently to what the spirit-creature had to say. These were things he'd pondered in his youth: the perpetuity of the shadow, the pointlessness of trying to fight it, the inevitability of the failing of the mortal spirit.

It was such a quiet thing, to fall, and far more terrible to admit it. "Not elimination, no. The Jedi and the Sith are merely titles to better bisect the galaxy in two for the simplicity of the masses, and their own students. Moral implications aside, to destroy them would be a pointless endeavor, as you've said other forms of control would rise to take their place, and the cycle would continue." The exile began to pace, jackboots sinking lightly into the dirt as he circled the beacon, utterly at ease it seemed with the spirit-thing's presence.

"The source of the flaw is in the teachings, and the cultures they create. The Sith are inherently unproductive and needlessly cruel. Bereft of an enemy, as I've said, they flounder. The Jedi will dither without conflict, but their ethos is sound enough. My students have been taught to accept what functions within the confines of the code, and to reject its flaws, so too have the people been instructed. A society of individuals aware and reverent of the Force's altruistic aspects is a society that resists the Dark Side's call. It is precisely our intimate knowledge of its nature that drives us to destroy it. There are elements of Sith culture and teachings too that bear value. Those have been ripped from their foundations, and remade to serve the people. I still wear the Jedi title, I still believe in the mission, it is the methodology that I have umbrage with."

The pacing stopped with Cedric's words. He paused for a moment, chewing on his thoughts before further addressing the guest. "The Ashla is the Force. It is the Force, bereft of the vile influence of the mortal mind. It is the force in its most natural of states, one in which compassion and altruism drive its will, rather than pain and a will to power. It is only our naming of the natural phenomenon that is the Light, and by worshiping it, by communing with it - by taking it into their hearts and making it part of who they are, my people ascend beyond the mortal temptations that plague the common man and woman. It is not a relationship hidden from the people, as the Jedi of old sought, but one shared with all. If the Force has a will, and that will is something that cannot ever be stopped, then the destruction of its corrupted image will ensure that such a will is to the benefit of all rather than the detriment of entire nations. We live in the end times, if that were not obvious enough. The veil between reality and the incorporeal corrodes further each day. One can simply walk into the afterlife in certain parts of the galaxy. Only the Ashlan way can equip its most common of citizen with the tools they need to continue in these times uncorrupted. Some may falter, yes, but we cannot be subverted like the Galactic Alliance or our other kin. Our faith shields us from such debasement."

Onrai Onrai , Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Last edited:
mUoTieq.png
Tag: Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson | Onrai Onrai | Open
dRUm20K.png
[ Stone and Dust ]

"Onrai, you're still infinitely blind and stupid. No wonder you’re just a puppet, even with stolen power. A nobody. You only acknowledge your own divinity, that’s what you tell everyone. You are just acting like a goddess. You are nobody. You try to cheat children and the non-Force users, and then leave as an offended, squeaky old woman after everyone laughs at you. You are just a Force user, nothing more, a miserable one. And Ashla exists. If the Ashlans respect her as a goddess, that is their business. You are the one who should not protest against this, especially if you consider yourself a goddess. How ironic! Believe me, Ashla is much stronger than you, the power of millions, billions intertwined in her. I’m probably asking unnecessarily, but do you even know what the Oversoul is?" her voice was ice cold but still emotionless.

It was still clear to Ingrid from Onrai's words that the woman was still stupid and dull despite the power she had acquired. She sees nothing and accepts nothing but what she imagines. Had she been able to feel contempt and hatred, the red-haired woman would certainly have felt these feelings for Onrai. But she was unable, as soon as it happened, as always, it suppressed these feelings in that second, so the other was completely indifferent for her.

"The Celestials… of course… They are the same ones that let us kill their ancient experiments and stole their strength and powers. And there would be wars, of course. But at least the pointless religious war that the Light Side and the Dark Side are fighting with each other would be over, instead of learning to accept that they cannot exist without each other. Wars would take place between people, it would be more human, more mortal, not as mystical as it is now. You are old enough, please try to learn to read between the lines." she told her.

It was no secret that she thought that about the Sith and Jedi War, so she calmly said it before Cedric as well. And Ingrid had a hard time tolerating idiots, and it was also well known that she found Onrai infinitely stupid and idiot. In contrast, even she herself was surprised at the first encounter with Cedric, and then at the Kaiser’s awakening, that the man, in turn, was a very pleasant and intelligent company. Unfortunately, she was too few times in a company where she could talk to intelligent and well-educated people. Cedric's only personality fault was, he was deeply religious.

"If the Force were to be destroyed, the entire Netherworld would probably cease to exist, not to mention the many other species that could not live without it. I know." she agreed with him.

And, in fact, that was the biggest reason Ingrid was holding back the work of the Wardens of the Shroud; she did not consent to any genocide, not even if that leads to the destruction of the Force. This price was too high. She looked at Cedric, so that's what he saw while he slept after fighting Solipsis? How was this different from what Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis imagined? Ingrid had a feeling that their designs were the same, only one thought of it from the Dark Side, the other from the Light Side.

"And what makes that better than what Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis thinks? I assume he thinks the same, only from the other side, that this can only be achieved with Darkness. The Light side can cause corruption and obsession in the same way as the Darkness, Cedric. I still say this, as I exactly know Ashla exists, I know Maw's Avatars exist as well." she told him. "I still believe that the intermediate path, the golden mean, the neutral way, is expedient, where both sides accept the other and realise that the Force is the important, not the hatred towards each other. As the Spear teaches, which one lead by a triumvirate, a Jedi, a Sith, and a Gray Jedi lead for a very, very long time, in the greatest agreement."

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

B9CB208A-09EF-43F6-AC40-ED5D4F5D4CFC.gif

DARK LORD OF THE SITH | VOICE OF THE MAW
Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson | Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim | Onrai Onrai

New_Sith_Order_Banner_Final.png

“I seeee.” He hissed.

The oubliette peeled away in the darkened corners of the room, a mystical shade of starlights and umbral veil wrapped into the form of a man. The image deepened, dropping all supernatural qualities as it gained a clear visage. Black robes draped down over a foreboding figure, a terrible glare filled with dark grimace and the desire to snuff out the very stars themselves. Twin orbs burned with the intensity of the Corellian Hells or Mustafar’s hellish plains, they gazed upon the gathered trio with contempt and vile purpose as the Dark Lord of the Sith began his approach.

“Nephew.”

His words were haunting, a foul reminder of legacy shared between both the Sith’ari and the Ashlan Kaiser. They had no set eyes on another since that day when Korriban was set ablaze in glorious battle, when the powers of the galaxy converged here under the Ashlan banner against the prevailing darkness that was the Brotherhood as they snuffed out the remnants of the old failed Sith doctrine.

“It is most unfortunate that you have survived..”

His form stepped through the wreckage of the old world, debris left behind from battle was immaterial as he phased through it’s contents effortlessly. An astral projection, he had answered the call he felt through the Force even from across the galaxy. He could not touch him, not yet, but he had to see with his own eyes the awakening of his nephew from ‘the great sleep’.

A shame it hadn’t claimed him in totality.

Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis

"That's the thing." She said. "The Sith worlds will end up falling from Ashlan control eventually, as they always do. The Dark Side will reclaim these planets eventually, no matter how much scouring is done, just as the Light Side will reclaim Tython at some point when the darkness seizes it." Her consideration of his next words made her think of an appropriate response.

"I must disagree with the concept of the Sith being inherently unproductive - as far back as the first Galactic Empire, the galaxy was forged by the Sith towards a purpose: defense against the invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong. And Revan's Empire before then was formed against the Sith Emperor. I am far more than a Sith, as stated before, but one would need to know of the origins of the Soulworm, of Ooradryl and its kin, and of Tharagorrogaraht - the one known as the Night Spirit in order to understand."

Cedric's description of what the Ashla was caused Onrai to raise an eyebrow. "You sound like a Potentiate. 'The Force is inherently good, how we use it is good or evil.' You speak of the preservation of your people from mortal temptations - how much greater so is the pull of temptations the old gods have suffered from. One that can corrupt such a noble being as the Näkhäsh into as perverse a form as he now possesses is more than evidence there is more than just 'the Light,' but it is fortunate you know not of the horrors the galaxy has been spared, cosmic entities who grow pleasured in their shadowed horror-realms from the suffering of pawns beneath them, their perpetuity keeping them ignorant of the mortal universe."

Then it was Ingrid. Onrai had expected belittlement, but the lashing of the tongue Ingrid brought forward surprised the deity significantly, though she did not show it. At some of the more barbed insults, she laughed, waiting for the Empress of the Eternal Empire and Queen of the Night Spirit to finish her diatribe.

"'Blind and stupid,' says the one whose own powers rival me, who was gifted a godhood perpetually denied. I helped you end Gorog. Crush what remained of her withered consciousness and gave you her power. I even sought to protect you and absorb her essence into myself so you would not be forced to endure such a fight I was unsure you were ready for, yet I was unsuccessful. For you to call the one who gave you want made you what you are is so... venomous."

A hand was raised. A world was visible within it, a world Onrai knew well. A world where even now her people worked to restore that which the Maw had razed in their conquest of Chiss space. "Tell me how I have cheated the millions whose prayers I answer on a daily basis. Who I have protected longer than your Empire has existed, through the perpetual failures of countless rulers. I respect them as my people, even the ones who do not worship me, and treat them as they should be treated. And of course I know what the Oversoul is."

Comments passed to the Celestials as the world disappeared. "They have long since abandoned the galaxy. What we have killed are their children, in a sense. Or at least children of children. And there are still times three out there - Lotek'k still waits imprisoned by Those Who Dwell Beyond the Veil, and there are as of yet servants of the primordials unaccounted for." She turned to look at Cedric. "I'm sure you would be reorienting your choice of actions if you knew what waited behind those boundaries you speak of straining. Akala was but a drop, a fragment of what this galaxy will experience."

Then came the alleged Sith'ari. Onrai had not interacted with him once prior to his arrival in spectral form, yet the leader of the Maw's arrival surprised her. For now she said nothing to him directly, seeking to identify exactly what it was he was going to do in response to the comments of herself and the others.

The Eternal Empress' vitriol was unexpected. There had always been something of a fire to her, yes, but he sensed something far darker within Ingrid as she regarded the visitor. The empyrean's waters darkened with each word, shifting a bloody crimson around the woman as she continued her verbal assault upon Onrai Onrai . It was not simple disagreement that stirred Ingrid, but rather a hatred that made the exile mentally recoil. He swiftly withdrew from his observations - perhaps Korriban was affecting his erstwhile ally.

"It seems you both have a bit of history," Cedric mused, his tone serene as it ever was. He folded his arms behind the small of his back and regarded the spirit-thing further. "I am aware of the old mythos of the stars, but time and time again the will of mortal beings has proven a deciding factor in the fate of the Force. Nothing is incorruptible, that is true. We are all flawed creatures, mortals afflicted by the curse of flesh, but beyond this crude matter we are greater beings. Perhaps these monoliths of old fell to their own debasement, that does not make it a certainty that others will." His knowledge of the primordial was academic, not personal, and truthfully much of it didn't make much sense to the Essonian. Contradiction had ever been the old lore's way.

"The Sith build, yes," he added, "Yet whatever they build, they eventually destroy. They are the fire that burns twice as hot. You can climb to the very heavens in a lifetime, but if your descendants shatter the ladder then your work was ultimately meaningless. One might say similar things of the Jedi, but self-destruction is a Sith trait, one better left forgotten."

He paused.

"Beyond the bounds lies apocalypse. We may disagree with the methods of preventing it, but it will come all the same, and when it does my people will not be found wanting."

The presence of another killed the rest of his words. The exile's eyes narrowed as the final guest of his beacon gave his greetings. How long had it been since he'd last set eyes upon his uncle? Months? Years? Time had become little more than a false construct within the depths of the Heelen Sei.

"So kind of you to join us Kaigann," he greeted. "I have heard in my absence that you have been quite busy. I had hoped that this might bring your attentions," he waved a hand toward the violet light of the beacon, "Though I'd also hoped you would come here in person, but then you've not been one to make a move without certain victory at hand in some time."

The exile cracked a thin, rueful smile. "At least we'll be able to speak. I am sure you have met the Eternal Empress," he gestured toward Ingrid, "I'm afraid I've forgotten our other guest's name. We were just debating the nature of the galaxy. One of your favorite past times, if I recall correctly."

Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis , Onrai Onrai , Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Last edited:
mUoTieq.png
Tag: Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson | Onrai Onrai | Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis | Open
dRUm20K.png
[ Stone and Dust ]

She'd rather have sighed wearily. All they - the Sith - could always say was that, nothing else. She agreed with Cedric; if the Sith had even built something, it was in each case for the purpose of destroying them later or strengthening themselves. Not to help others, not to move others forward. As for Onrai and her help, she said nothing. The fact that the woman was standing there and only waiting for the result, was no help. Just because someone is praying to one doesn’t mean they’re god. But Ingrid got bored with the topic.

She would still have plenty to say to Onrai, but she was completely insane. It wasn't worth wasting any time on her anymore, at least Ingrid thought this. She didn't look at the picture, she couldn't hear the words. It was something else that caught her attention. Something, quite exactly someone was approaching. Her body tensed while she still answered the man.

"I can assure you, Cedric, that I am mortal. I live longer than the average person, but I don’t think I would live as long as a gen’dai. From that, I am being part of the Netherworld doesn't change this fact." she told him. "The Sith build for themselves to increase their power to rule, to deceive others, to destroy. I don't call this construction… And that's is also only a mortal, just getting crazier and more blind every day."

Ingrid looked where she felt him approaching. Moments later, she sensed the man's Force Signature, his aura in the Force. Then she saw the astral projection. If she hadn't known them, she would have known who the man was after the "nephew" address. The Dark Voice himself. There was a smile on her lips for a moment as Cedric couldn't remember - probably intentionally - Onrai's name. It was an act that made her really like the man.

"Darth Solipsis, finally! No, we've never met before. This is the first time." she lied, they met once when Ingrid tried to find out what the man was planning, what his world views were. But the red-haired woman was pretty sure the man didn't know it was her. She took on the characteristics of a different race, had a different Force signature, a different voice, a different appearance. Nothing tied that "Messenger" figure to the real Ingrid.

She looked at Cedric with an emotionless gaze, then back at Solipsis.

~ If you want, we can go to him, I can follow him in the Force, track him down to see where he is. I can take you to him. ~ she offered him.

"Nice to meet you, Dark Voice! I've been waiting for this for a long time!" she welcomed him.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom