Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Vitae question to the public: Who are we?

[member="Aria Yoreatha"]

Aria Yoreatha said:
A strong point though i would like to ask, mainly you Jon and of course Valiens if he sees this is really if you have tips on how to get ahold of other people and get through with cross faction Roleplays. We have had problems with other factions... finishing or even joining threads they were more than happy and excited to do like the OP and the Republic.
Two things come to mind right off the bat.
  • Pick an ambassador. Someone on your side who does NOT fly off the handle, and can listen and type well enough to get the other side to take'em seriously. Doors will open if they're the one arranging things.
  • You're looking for collab threads with OP and the Republic. You should be looking for collab threads with Techno Union, One Sith, maybe Red Ravens or Mandos. Friendly funtime RPs are boring and lose momentum more easily, on average, than others. Conflict drives stories, so go out and get some, and have something at stake. Use it as a testbed for keeping a leash on your own members and building strong communications ties with the other side's admins. I've had very bad relationships turn into longtime friendships with enemy faction leaders, due mainly to the communication that needs to happen for an invasion or really any conflict. And offer to lose something in the process without expecting exactly proportional losses from the other side.

The Sith Assassins are more than willing to provide conflict. It's their whole purpose. What's more, we're a minor faction, meaning minor conflicts that can eventually turn into larger ones once you get your feet under you against the OS.

Just a thought. I know for some reason you both think I'm trying to be really hostile, but I'm not. Boards about fun RP, and conflict has great and terrible ways to provide it.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Darth Ferus"] Kinda off of what Solan said, we actually are tryin to get your help. Mind lighting a bit of a fire to remind your people we're on Alzoc tryin to fight you(actually, that's backwards. you're supposed to be fighting us)? I've been trying to do the same to mine, reminding them that they're supposed to be on Alzoc.

On the earlier discussion of good Sith's. Canonically, it isn't really reasonable unless said Sith is being brought back to the Light Side of the Force, which was a very very rare occurrence. The reason this is is because the Dark Side, canonically, is corrupting. Anyone who uses the Dark Side will slowly be corrupted and drawn to the darker paths of life. It is why so many Dark Siders are bad, the dark flow of energy has corrupted them. The few who show goodness in spite of this corrupting energy are those with great resilience and desire for good, but everyone has their limits.

Verie Lacroix

V
Vulpesen said:
[member="Shane Byrnes"]

The key here is, anything is possible. But many things are improbable.
Accordingly, the poet should prefer probable impossibilities to improbable possibilities. The tragic plot must not be composed of irrational parts.

If I may add my two cents. I have been around in this faction since the early stages and got to be apart of the merging of the Order of the Pheonix an help the factions grow. The only thing is, and Vulps knows I think this, I still have no idea what we were doing. Hakora left recently to join the Sith for his own reasons, so I am not technically in the Vitae anymore.

Honestly, Alex and Vulps make a huge deal on not being a force user group, but the majority save a few who aren't are force users and practice that. I would liken the group to Grey Jedi who aren't passive, but besides the domination the Vitae is involved in there has been absolutely nothing publically done to back the police/watchdog position. The reason though is not a lack of trying, but a lack of members and a lack of activity from members. There are less than ten active members and that is not enough to do what the Vitae desires to do.

The reason you haven't seen them is due to them focusing on strengthing internally before branching out which is smart. While a good Sith is not canon, apparently it happens on this board. Quite honestly most of One Sith or at least a good chunk aren't real Sith because they know real Sith don't live long due to their constant fighting and backstabbing. Most of the Sith are anti-heroes. If this was false, we would see a real war happening constantly due to the size of One Sith. Not knocking on One Sith. The fact One Sith is like this makes them able to become Ex-Sith and join Vitae. A true Sith would be consumed with the dark side and would be extremely difficult to fight that dark side.

Look at Hakora who is joinin them, he isn't insured with the dark side at least not in the traditional sense. I made him with a high will power which gives him an almost immunity to falling to the dark side (also makes him unable to fully use dark side powers.) he started in Vitae because he wanted to fight evil and stop it, but now he sees it can't be stopped the Vitae way so he has joined his enemy to become them for reasons I keep a secret. Why did I write this paragraph???

My point with all this is the Vitae have plans, but need to be stronger to get there, but need to do something to attract members so they are at a crossroad.

[member="Hakora Feanor"], I'm gonna let you finish.

But the definition of a Sith has changed so radically over the course of their existence that a "true" Sith is 100% completely opinion-based.

The Legends canon One Sith, which our organization is a descendant of, worked very similarly to how the OS on Chaos work. They were also the second Sith organization to gain galactic dominance, and who had a Dark Lord who ruled as Galactic Emperor.

[member="Darth Vornskr"], was that a Kanye West reference?

Interesting

I might add I am not as knowledgable as the average on this board. My knowledge of Star Wars extends to the movies, the Clone Wars, Kotor 1 & 2 and SWTOR. I have read a couple of books as well from the old republic era. I guess, as you pointed out, I do not know much on the evolution. My main point was to bridge from Sith here to how the Vitae believes a Sith can be good; not that I agree completely, but stranger things have happened. Though I do know your character and you are one of the people on here who impresses me beyond measure, but not all the Sith are like your character. I do admit that I still have much to learn as it is a big site.

[member="Vulpesen"] [member="Solan Charr"]

I know Im kind of late to the party here, but i think I might understand what your guys are about. From the sound of it, you guys are a coalition of Planetary Governments, Force Users and Civilians working together to prevent the continued destruction of life that is caused by the other FU factions or in game, Larger Nations. From the description you have been against, your sound more like the US Federal government, stand for the protection of civilian life through the course of continued disagreement. Peace Keepers in the galaxy where your guys have seen the jedi order has fallen from.

I could be wrong, cause I haven't read any of your dominion threads, but you dont shy from using force when you deem it necessary, though you agree with the protection of civilian life. You stand on a double negative where you allow your governments to work along side with Sith or members of FU that use the dark side of the force. On the other hand you stand for the protection of civilian life and Jedi join the cause. This is mainly a political alliance with the NFU government at the center then some where the FU are at the center.

If this is the case, then set us a political government where they control it all, Governors, Senators, and other government officials. If I'm wrong then I'm just another crazy person writing on a thread.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

You're right on the mark, or at least extremely close to it. Just remember that we are not force users only in any aspect of us(not sure if you kept that in mind) but our purpose and methods are as you say.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Ooh I understand, but you have a force user order that is commanded by the goverment, this would require their alligence or allied intention. This I just added them as it would require this. Though, if this is you OOC stance, then you public stance would be the Good Guys, but your intentions would be secreatly bad as you only wish to expand and use civilian protection as an excuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom