Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Vitae question to the public: Who are we?

[member="Solan Charr"]

Well I should have said rogue it would be a more apt description

But Jedi and Sith working together is an extremely difficult concept to wrap your head around they each do not except each others view

[member="Zanders Darkstrider"]

Ahhh thank you for clarifying, and ya, we don't expect jedi and sith too work together either. It's more just a simple way of saying we accept people from any background as long as their ideals match up.

Ashe Senari

I was raised to be a weapon, but I was born to be
Maybe a better way to phrase it would be to say we are comprised of former Jedi/Sith? We have member who were once Jedi, or Sith and many of them continue to teach the force as they learned it, but they no longer explicitly follow the ideals of whatever side they learned from. Technically the Sith that have joined the Vitae are no longer Sith, and the Jedi aren't technically Jedi since we are not a Jedi Order, but they have the necessary training to be such. I could be wrong, but that is just what I have gathered from being in the faction.

They sure had a cow when Ayden blew up Correllia. And they didn't enjoy sith slavery of other systems.

Are we exactly like them? No. But saying we're jedi just because we're good guys is a bit of a fallacy. White current weren't jedi.

Jedi is a religion. They believe the light is the only way. Not every good force user is like this. If you want, I can list off several Canon groups that prove my point.

We don't believe light is the only way. We use dark side emotions(so many times jedi almost kicked me out for that, which is a habit that's only increased over time) to fuel light side actions.

We use our hate of slavery to use dark side lightning to hit the slaver and thus free slaves. Does that make more sense?

Also, thats only our force users... again, we have NFU's who'll just shoot the slaver.(or taze him if lives are not at stake)

[member="Solan Charr"]

Well a Sith wanting peace and order is an oxymoron since peace is a lie and Jedi do not follow government since they themselves are an organization.

But I would say there is a difference if they renounce there status so that there ideals could match

[member="Zanders Darkstrider"]

Completely agreed, the Sith Code and Jedi codes do not line up with us and that is part of why we are neither a Jedi or Sith faction. Because we are in no way a Force User Faction. We are a collection of governments as i said before, from monarchies, to trade alliances, to republics. We are as vulps like to say... i think he said interpol but even that is a simplified look at it. We are meant to be a collective group that can defend the members within our cloud and have no reason to really attack others when we are meant to be a shield for the galaxy.

Yes, we do have a force order, but its out of a need for OOC organization. Part of our part about Unity is that there is no break and distinction over if you are a Force User, or a soldier, or a king, or a peasant. To us you are Vitae, through and through. I hope this helped explain how e are not something so simple as a organization that gets mistaken for being a Jedi faction.

I would suggest that you don't stick to saying you are Sith or Jedi or anything along those lines.

Honestly -- it sounds like you guys are just following this.

The Potentium view of the Force, not to be confused with the Unifying Force, was strictly disapproved by the old Jedi Order. While similar to the Unifying Force, which suggested that there was only one Force that did not take sides, the Potentium view stated that the Force and the galaxy in general were inherently good. According to this belief, the so-called dark side was not made up of specific "parts" or "abilities" of the Force: as espoused by the Light Side, it existed inside the life form which used it, made from their emotions. By that standard, and unlike the Light Side, all Potentium followers could perform any action and use the Force in any way they saw fit, as long as the intention behind it was good.

[member="Cira"]

Cira, while that does seem similar to what we believe. We are trying to point out we have nothing to do with the force at our base. We are a government. Not a force user faction.

On a side note... Thank you for finding what Solan follows personally. I didn't think anyone knew about that. :D

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

My bad... in the question of Force users though, unless i misunderstand Vulpesen's force order set up because... like i said we kinda don't focus on that... anyways i think that train of thought would be what we could count as. Now granted, its not a complete thought process that way. Infact Solan isn't even allowed to be a part of the force order that we have out of OOC need for organization because he has a bit of a... vengeance streak against slavers. But yes, that view if we were more force user based would mostly fit the idea of Potentium...

I feel like that makes no sense... please tell me if it doesnt.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

That might have been the resolution after wards... but I was in that skype chat on the day it happened. I guarantee no one said "Akala" at that time.

And I guess am I exaggerating with the corellia destruction being Ayden... but I'm sure you remmber what I'm talking about.

Siobhan Kerrigan said:

I imagine there was not much left by the time she did so after Ayden dropped all the shipyards. :p

Your buddy caused a bit of a genocide my friend... and yes, im saying genocide because logistically his dropping his entire payload should have killed thousands if not tens of thousands.

EDIT: Right, getting off track. Sorry @vulpesen.

Lets all get back on track please... Sarge, please take a crack back at me view shout box on my profile so we dont clog up the thread.

[member="Solan Charr"] [member="Vulpesen"]

I honestly believe that if you said that the FU's in your faction were more akin to the imperial Knights and not related to either Jedi or Sith, it would fix a lot of the confusion.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

The fun part about one paragraph posts involving the destruction of militarily significant structures is that it's one paragraph, and vaguely worded. IE, there's not lengthy descriptions of the processes taken and their impacts. So everyone just kind of picks their own interpretation of what happens.

[member="Solan Charr"]

His post was on paragraph, detailing the Protectorate destroying their own stations. That's not a genocide. Especially since they're in orbit and nowhere near the size of a planetary surrounding shipyard. But you're more than welcome to think he did so. He enjoys the story.

But Sarge's reaction to pretty much all of this is 'you're all being silly' and he's never said a word on it.

EDIT: Will not be posting further in this thread to derail it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom