Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Vitae question to the public: Who are we?

One of my faction admin received a question to see if a person could land on one of our planets adn if he could get a negative reception... as in a hostile one. The matter was handled easily enough it seems with a simple no, but that left me pondering.

You see, Vitae were made to be defenders and thus we do not attack without true reason. And yet, this person still asked if we could attack him(for what story purpose, I have no idea). So now I wonder, What do you people think about us?

I'm not asking for opinions of whether or not you like us. I mean, as in our purpose. What do you think our motives and intentions are?

[member="Seydon of Arda"]

Again... didn't as for your opinion on us... that could have been worded SOOO much better for the furthering of civil discussion

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming

[member="Fabula Caromed"]
[member="Tobias Wraith"]

Basically, we're policemen/guard dogs of the galaxy. I wanted a faction that did away with the whole light and dark debate and instead focused on the good and evil fight itself. We don't give "a rat's shid" if you're sith or jedi. A jedi can host genocides against sith species because of their closeness tot he darkside. A sith can hold genocides because...a lot of sith like genocide it seems. We don't care you're reasons or your side. We only care that you did it. After you do a genocidal act, you're on our list and we start plans to stop you.

You can be a jedi and help people because a lot of jedi do that. Or you can be a sith and held people because chaos destroys the galaxy. Either way, we like you and lets go have a drink.

Granted, there are some controversies with these examples but we fix it all with a code of three words. Life, Freedom, Unity(always in that order)

Make sure people are alive. When they are alive, make sure they are free. When they are free, unify them with basic laws to keep it all from falling apart.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Vulpesen said:
Basically, we're policemen/guard dogs of the galaxy.
Sooo...you're Jedi.

Vulpesen said:
I wanted a faction that did away with the whole light and dark debate and instead focused on the good and evil fight itself.
Like a Jedi.

Vulpesen said:
A jedi can host genocides
We call those "war crimes." Jedi get excommunicated for that.

Vulpesen said:
Make sure people are alive. When they are alive, make sure they are free. When they are free, unify them with basic laws to keep it all from falling apart.
Like a Jedi.

...So you're a Jedi faction?

We are not a Jedi faction. There is some major differences and most notably in our philosophies and usage of the dark and the light, not just the light. As well as we have no quarrel with the Sith as a group like the Jedi and really have no wanting to wipe out the sith against the... insistence of others.

"We're helping people by electrocuting them" didn't test well with the focus groups. We decided to say "we use every tool possible to help people" instead. Much better audience reaction.

I'm having trouble with the idea of "good" Sith. Because social dawrinism and destroying/exploiting those weaker than you is required in the Sith Code. The idea of a Sith cop is pretty much antithetical to the idea of a Sith at all.

We aren't Sith either... infact we are a government that has nothing to do with the force orders of the galaxy which begs the question what about us hinted to our being either Jedi or Sith because i am curious about his fact Fabs?

[member="Zanders Darkstrider"]

Not an order at all... more a collection of governments. What we are trying to do is separate from the current need to have a force order as your leadership which seems to be prevalent in numerous factions.

Vulpesen said:
We don't give "a rat's shid" if you're sith or jedi.

Vulpesen said:
You can be a jedi and help people because a lot of jedi do that. Or you can be a sith and held people because chaos destroys the galaxy.
I think it was the part where you were stated to be Sith and Jedi.

And also your mission statement which is pretty extremely Jedi-esque, and almost explicitly just plain Jedi.

What I'm seeing is a Jedi faction that for some reason accepts Sith. I was asked what I thought. When I expressed ignorance, the explanation I got allowed me to form an opinion of what I thought. I am now telling you what I think.

Good sith is a difficult concept to grasp. In truth, there are few ways in which it fits, other than unity and even then loosely. A reaaally light sith could desire to unify people and thus he's a bit prone to torturing slavers because that's just something he finds hateful. Not all sith are the same.

I often say, we technically allow sith to join us. We just don't think that any would want to.

And as Solan said, we are not jedi. Definitely not jedi. We don't attack the sith for being sith. We attack a sith for doing bad things. There are some sith I can name that we never had a problem with.

Jedi do concern themselves with light and dark. They are light and work to kill the darkside as a whole. We embrace the darkside and sue our passions to stop evil.

Also, a jedi can be so caught up in destroying the darkside, he destroys cultures and governments that are working just fine. So no, not like a jedi.

Solan brings up another good point. WE ARE NOT A FORCE USER FACTION! We're a major faction and few major factions can make it while being pure FU. Even one sith have their sith troopers for grunts. So yeah, theres a big difference between us and Jedi. We're NOT all FU's. We have an FU order(called the Tenevi). but that is not all of us.

Actually... this might be our big problem...

WE ARE NOT A FORCE USER FACTION! WE ARE A FACTION FOR EVERYBODY, NFU, JEDI, DARK JEDI, TROOPER, TECHY, EVERYBODY

I use dark side light side analogies because anyone who knows star wars is familiar with them

(Do not take the caps and everything in that offensively... but this needs to stand out as I've repeated it in every instance I've promoted the faction. now I have a nice place to point in the future.)

I was just clearing up the facts in that we are in no way a jedi faction fabs. Key differences being that the force plays no part in our actions, nor do our choice of methodology in which would mark us as jedi.

Your insistence of us being a jedi faction is deemed by the fact vulpesen is a former one and the fact we accept jedi and sith. I thank you for your thoughts though.

I've never thought of Vulpesen as a Jedi. Ever. I think I encountered him once while he was. So that assumption is just plain wrong.

My conclusion that you're a Jedi faction is due to the fact that your mission statement is 100% in line with what Jedi do, and you have Jedi members. And also Sith members, apparently? That confuses me, because most Jedi factions don't accept Sith. Because Sith tend to kill people for giggles.

[member="Zanders Darkstrider"]

Life Freedom Unity

We hate Anarchy... a lot. Its right under Death and slavery/oppression

Thats probably because we're not a jedi faction...

Let me put it this way. We're good guys. Not all good guys are jedi... otherwise Omega Protectorate for at least a while would be jedi too.

(Also... the only time we met was in a tournament duel that was all of three posts...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom