Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public A Benefit Most Welcome

dagonsuri3.png

STARBIRD NATIONAL CEMETERY | LATE AFTERNOON
ANGEL

kwzlsmL.png
MOSHED-2021-3-22-0-52-21.gif
The drizzle of rain fell upon the newly paved path curving around the hundreds of refined tombstones. The hum of an excavator, digging up a new patch of grass and mud, in the far distance blending with the raindrops’ pitter-patter.

Dagon stared at the ground blankly, his mind confined to the last time they met. A ceaseless replay of their eyes locked in horror, one final time, as his blue blade pierces through her heart. The air disappears, the heart stops, tears flood down and the shakes begin. Then it all shatters to a thousand fragments, darkness arrives.

And it begins anew.

Again and again.

An abyss of purgatory.

His fingers’ loosened and a soaked rose escaped his grasp. He did not pick it up, his head lifting up to capture the figure standing before the grave he dared not approach. Minutes passed before Dagon found the strength to drive him forward. He rose up and lingered like a specter towards Suri. Drenched in water, his hair fell straight almost over his eyes and his black suit and white shirt like wet rags over his body making him shiver only so slightly.

She didn't even glance up on his approach. Her gaze was firmly planted on the freshly placed mud. Tense shoulders held the weight of grief. There was no other half to balance the raw emotion. It just hung in the atmosphere around her, an unspoken reminder.

It seemed like a century before the woman moved; yet when she did, it was fast as lightning. Her hand stopped inches short of Dagon's face. Wrath and sorrow mixed upon her face, her brow furrowed, tears streaming down her cheeks. Chestnut tresses moved with her head as it swiveled from side to side.

"As much as I wish I could blame you," Her voice was thick with anger, her lids squeezing shut. "I know you lost someone you cared for, too."

Not a fiber of his body moved, not even instinct kicked in; had she connected, Dagon would’ve most likely been on the ground. And he would’ve welcomed it.

Unlike her, his eyes were dry. All the tears he had, all had been wept. Only hollowness remained, an endless pit of fading blue to stare into.

I’m sorry.” he uttered through the lump in his throat, then glanced at the marked grave beside them. A cold shiver of guilt ran down his spine.

Her nostrils flared. Since it had happened, all Suri had heard was apologies. Yet empty words did little in the face of death. She turned away, looking to where her sister laid permanently once more.

"Sorry doesn't bring her back."

The words were cold but true. There was no turning back the clocks. All that mattered was how they moved forward. The soldier crouched next to the grave as if even being the slightest bit closer would somehow give her an ounce of comfort. Her posture finally fell, defeated.

"Y'know what the worst part is, in my opinion?" Suri started. "She used to joke about that memory saying. Like, you live on for as long as someone remembers you, or something like that. I don't know where she heard it, maybe in one of those old holoflicks. But she would say it all the time. She told me that when our dog died, when we lost men in our unit, when mom and dad passed. But somehow, there's not the ease that there used to be. She deserves so much more than my memory. She deserves to be known after those who knew her follow her. Her life deserves to mean something, y'know?"

The only truly dead are those who have been forgotten.her favorite movie.

Suri’s recollection of her sister drew out Dagon’s own memories with her. Few, but precious. One stuck out from the rest. The sun lazily sets over the busy Coruscanti skyline, the day turns to night and the stars shower the dark dome above. She leans on his shoulder with no words exchanged and he understands.

Sorrow stirring up alive threatening to break the numbness, he looked back down at the grave and with a husky voice, “Then she will never truly be dead.

"Won't she?" The pain of the sentiment sent a grimace to Suri's lips. "We'll be gone some day, too, Dagon, and her name will never be spoken again. All that she was, will be lost to time. No kindness, no beauty, no joy. The only record of her will be another on the list of those lost in the war. No one will care- and things will be no different."

Any answer to dispel even a bit of the gloom was interrupted by the irritating beep of his comms. He slammed the holowatch but instead of declining it, the call came through projecting an invitation for both to see - a benefit in memory of those lost in the war against the Sith. Galaxies Opera House, tonight, two hours from now. Just in time to make it- if she left now. The pair's eyes met for a moment, and her determination was evident. The spark of fury had become a blazing inferno, intent on devouring everything in its wake. The Correllian spun on her heels, taking off through the muddy cemetery.

Suri Vullen Suri Vullen | Ryv Ryv | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Ishana Chandra Ishana Chandra

Last edited:

MOSHED-2021-3-21-23-6-3.gif
Everything about her stood out as strode through the lobby of the opera house. Senators and aristocrats gathered in their jewels and silks, giving the correlian strange looks as she passed by. They were well deserved- the drenched coat and slacks were by no means Opera Attire, but Suri had no care for the theatrics of it. They infuriated her further. This is what the ones who called the shots had done while they were in Sith space: partied and feigned sadness while others lost their lives.

“Suri, not here. It’s not the place and you know it.”

The Jedi who had followed her grabbed her shoulder, attempting to turn her towards him, but she shook it away.

"Leave me alone, Dagon." The captain hissed. "I'm doing this."

Her feet moved faster, urgency filling her steps. Shouldering through the crowd, she only saw red. Tunnel vision had begun to close in. Ayana's death deserved meaning, action- Suri would ensure it was given. And as quick as the tunnel vision had come, it was stripped away by a single statement.

"Such a tragedy," An elderly voice wheeled. "So many young lives lost to the Empire's evil."

Suri spun, wild-eyed, coming face to face with the old man who had the guts to speak on what he didn't know.

"Excuse me?" Suri interjected.

The small group looked at her with arched eyebrows, judgment written into the lines of their faces. The one who had spoken wore a pin with the Senate's logo, marking he had some station within the organization.

"Yeah, there were plenty of lives lost to the Empire- do you know why? Because people like you sent us marching to our deaths, while you sat in your penthouses, cashing in on the war. While you wrote laws about regulation, rather than calling on our allies to aid us as they promised. We were underprepared, undermanned, and outgunned- yet still, time and time again, you refused to take acti-"

“Suri! Enough.”

The familiar hand touched her shoulder once more. Her head whipped to look at Dagon, her eyes narrowing. Her mouth opened, then closed again for a half a second. He wasn't the target of her venom, despite the obstacle he posed.

"You're right, I'm just wasting my time here." She spat, looking to the senator once more. "Remember my face next time you vote to send troops to fight your wars. Remember what a soldier who lost everything looks like."

She turned again, weaving through the crowd once more, away from those who threatened to distract her. She stopped near the end of the room, looking to the grand staircase, and the curtained thresholds above it. Suri knew it was where the most important were seated- the guards outside gave them away. It was just a matter of figuring out which housed the Chancellor, and getting in. She looked to Dagon with a pointed gaze.

"So you gonna help, or what?"

She gestured to a pair of curtains near the center of the balcony.

"I'm guessing it's one of those- best seats in the house. Can't really dispose of the guards, nor use my feminine wiles looking like this." She looked herself up and down before turning back to the Jedi. "Do you know how to do any of that mind-stuff?"

“What’s it gonna change? Storm in and then what? Punch the Chancellor? Toss her over the balcony? What?” frustration slipped into his tone. Dagon knew he could’ve restrained her with the Force, but deep inside he shared her boiling anger.

"Make those who caused this answer." She snapped. "I don't know if it'll change anything, but I have to try, dammit. For Ayana, I have to try, and you do too." She jabbed a finger in his chest. "For the role you played in her death, you owe her that."

Dagon’s jaw tightened at the verbal low blow and lightning flashed across his eyes. Then guilt burst through dowsing the rising fire. He drew out a long sigh, shut his eyes, sensed the ethereal and pointed at a certain pair of curtains - the Chancellor’s Box. “She’s there.”

Suri followed his hand, a small smirk creeping across her face. Not another word was given as she started towards the threshold, allowing her anger to fuel her boldness.​

l3h1qG.png

tenor.gif

Thank U, Next
Accompanying: Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra // Aarav Chandra // Pavati Chandra
Annoyed By: Ryv Ryv // Suri Vullen Suri Vullen

jujvEW.png

"Oh, mother," she groaned, certain that if she rolled her eyes one more time they would eject from their sockets and be lost forever in the crowd below. Instead, she closed them tightly and tried to master her annoyance at everyone in the box. This was one of many reasons she hated to go anywhere with her mother. All of the unwanted attention that came with it.

To her surprise, when she reopened her eyes again, Ryv was snapping a selfie with her. She had looked just in time to see herself reflected on the screen. Ishana muttered something rude to Ryv and stood in a huff. Her niece looked up at her expectantly and Ishana tussled her hair, despite the look of rage on her face. Then she stormed off in the direction of the archway where two sentries stood guard.
"Move." She commanded and they stood at attention, allowing her to pass.

The hallway outside was deserted, the Chancellor's box was on a level all its own, except for two individuals standing at one end and heading in her direction. Ishana paused and stared at them for a moment. They looked unarmed, but she did wonder how they had managed to get here. Were they guests? Probably. She resolved that the guards would deal with the matter if it was suspicious and headed in the direction of the bar.

20210129_225626.png

1616017797913.png

7BUIiLq_1.png

Tags: Auteme Auteme

The Epochian offered a brief puzzled look, his brow raised followed by a warm smile and a soft chuckle. "I'm just an old fool, an idealist.."

There was a slight pause between his words.

"..but perhaps that's what this galaxy needs, more idealists, more leaders. I see great potential in you, I believe one day you'll make an excellent leader." He reached over to touch upon the Jedi Knight's shoulder, his voice softened, "Why don't we set up a meeting, discuss ideas for the betterment of the Alliance. Give you some backing behind that voice."

His hand slid away from her shoulder to the armrest of his seat, his face looking upon her with a hint of sadness. "You're limited by your station and yearn to do more, to truly inspire change. I can see you have heart."

He grinned widely, a million credit smile. "Allow me to help you win over the people, raise above the boundaries placed upon you and truly make a difference."

He gave pause once more, eyes closing as he touched upon the Force. For a moment it almost appeared as if he was basking in it's presence before opening his eyes. His sharp gaze shifted toward the Chancellor's box, his mind clouded as he picked up the negative emotions of pain and anger radiating from another drawing near.

Last edited:
A benefit charity... at the Galaxies Opera House... for the men and women lost during the Stygian Campaign. To say Ashalin didn't quite understand why was a bit of an understatement. The families of those that had fallen weren't in attendance, they couldn't afford the Galaxies Opera House, so it was all politicians and the wealthy of the Alliance enjoying a night at the theater and calling it a benefit. The donations were collected by the Senator of Epoch's people, but she had seen attendees not even bother with donating a dime. She had done the minimum and was sitting in the box reserved by her father for when he made the rare trip to the planet.

Garbed in the whites and blacks of her house, she had a pair of opera glasses in hand, but she wasn't really paying attention to the performance that was about to begin. She was much more interested in watching the drama from the boxes across the theater from her. The host DARKCOM DARKCOM was speaking with the Shield of the Jedi Auteme Auteme while the Chancellor's box was... well she knew this holodrama. Ryv Ryv , Sword of the Jedi, and Ishana Chandra Ishana Chandra had been all over the tabloids even though the Sword had been in a coma. Hidden flings were no stranger to the trashy side of the media, and this was just going to feed the impression. She wondered if Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra was behind it.

"Frivolous," her aide muttered from the seat next to her and she couldn't stop the smirk. Yes, she had to agree, but it gave her plenty of unobstructed views to gain information. She was still a little Senator in a big pond, but she was observant, she was learning.

"The SIA interview is scheduled when?" she asked, still keeping her eyes on the Chancellor's box. Ishana had left.

"A few days from now," the aide replied. "The Director was rather insistent given your placement on the Intelligence Committee and the SIA's campaign to stamp out corruption in the Senate."

After a few moments, Inanna shook her head. Maestus was just a name she thought she had heard but couldn't quite place. "I believe there is no one currently in charge of the planet, at least not yet," she said. "While they have begun mining the planet and cutting down its jungles, they have yet to properly conquer the people. Nothing to lord over, no Warlord."

Her gaze wandered over each of the Jedi in attendance. "Tom Kovack is my friend," she said. "And if my father is leading a rebellion against the Brotherhood, I have no doubt many of my family are involved as well. You must understand... I have a duty to them. Regardless of how long it takes you to send aid, or what you choose to do - I will be leaving for Lao-mon within the end of the month."

In her native tongue, it was called shee'an; the sacred duty. What she intended to do was the bare minimum of the requirements. She would go and assess the situation for her relatives and offer what help she could. But she was not a warrior, and couldn't fight in any battles. She wouldn't even try. The shee'an would not ask more of her, because she had a family of her own to worry about back on Erakhis. All the same, she felt an almost profound sense of guilt that she couldn't do more. That was why she had come here, in hopes of soothing that guilt by trying to get others to chip in on the defense of her world.

- Why on earth did a Cyborg that required a nutrient bag and hydration packs to keep what little biological organs from dying just order a Cassandra Sunrise. Well mostly out of habit. Back when he had an organic body, he was challenged by pirates all the time doing jobs for the various criminal organizations when he first started his company. At some point only some of the strongest booze across the galaxy really settled his taste buds. Now, however, it was more just out of habit. Whenever, he was out in public he instinctively always walked over to the bar and without realizing it he ordered the strongest drink they had. Today it just so happened to be one of the stronger Sunrises, he had not really had one of those since he Conglomeration Party. He smiled as he lifted the drink to his lips and let the burning liquid rush down his throat till it he could no longer feel it. Being a cyborg had its upsides that was for sure.

- One of the event clerks walked up to him and Jaster turned from the bar to look down to the man. He was not trying to look intimidating, but the man still stuttered with his words. Civilians. "Sir, due to your large donation, you have earned some time to meet with the Chancellor for a private audience, till that time you will be seated in the private section near the Senator Section."

- Jaster nodded and waved the man off. So that was the droids little ploy, the damned robot had talked about the the troubles due to enemies of the Alliance to get him thinking about it. The UTC had most of its security units tied up with securing sites that were going to be lost to some of those crazy cultic nations. They could not send some recovery units to secure personnel and items that were more experimental and required less oversite from governments.

- He now had to put on his political face, it had been some time since he had to butter up some government officials. The last ones had to have been part of the Silver Jedi's government, whatever they were called now. He let out a sigh and walked off to his new box seat. It did not have his name on it, but only a plaque that stated, Top Donator.

- The man was going to strangle the Droid.

- He seemed to be alone in his box but walked over to one of the front seats and sat down. Jaster had to unbutton the bottom button of his suite otherwise it would have popped off. A small pin of the United Trade Conglomerate was on his suites left collar. Looking around due to his curiosity he noticed that he was placed near Senator DARKCOM DARKCOM as well as Senator Ashalin Pelagia Ashalin Pelagia of which he raised his drink to and smiled. The old businessman never realized how much he hated being in the public spotlight, but now that he was a Cyborg it just felt different. It did not help that there were quite a few powerful Force Users in the room. The winds of the Force kept him quite informed, and that only made his Mandalorian Hair stand on its ends. He tried to relax and watch the show till his allotted time with the Chancellor Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra was available.

Rose had not been taken along but she needed her master after a recent development in her life. everything had begun to blur after the introduction of... him in her life. She needed to talk to Ryv get a firm footing again. The stress of the dark side trying to intermingle and change her had her on the brink of tears. Though she had also come for him. But now? she would only make a tense situation snap like a taut thread.

She heard her name be chopped up by passerby or the more usual. ¨hey is that Ryv´s new padawan?¨

Just a shadow.

Always in his shadow.

She shook her head breathing deeply. Some how the tension between the three well four had to be released. It wasn't her place she would make it worse. The panic that was swelling in her was begging for her to talk to him fix what was happening. Could he even help?

He had to know how.

Right?

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Great picture, if I'm honest," Ryv said aloud. "Your husband had a big ol' smile on his face that could make even a broken man grin."

He looked out over the masses once more. A distant blip of rage caught his attention. Its wild texture roared through the crowds, far louder than any other emotion he could sense. Within seconds, it cleared several floors on a collision course with one particular figure. His gaze drifted lazily after Ishana as she departed from the box, her frustration evident to the empath. It blended well with the soldier's fury. Negativity only grew stronger amongst the like-minded, and boy, did it hang heavily in the air right then.

"Not that I'm disinterested in sharing my opinions on the war, Chancellor, but I'm afraid we won't have much time for it," he motioned towards the direction her daughter had disappeared. "Looks like someone's got a bone to pick with you this evening. You expecting company?"

Ryv withdrew an unfamiliar saber from his jacket and rested it across his lap. Not that he expected to ignite the weapon on the evening's interloper, but he wasn't one to shirk his responsibilities. Part of being a Jedi meant keeping an eye on folks who weren't the best at keeping themselves safe. From what he could tell, Chandra wasn't entirely defenseless, though he doubted she'd put up much of a fight if this speeding-bullet of wrath decided to get violent.

"If uh- you know, things go south, just say cantaloupe. It'll be the sign," Ryv looked back at her. "The: 'Ryv, you're free to beat the snot out of whoever is bothering me.' sign. If it looks like things are getting violent, anyway."

With a sigh, he leaned back and clasped his hands together behind his head.

"Your daughter has a nice place, by the way. You put her up there, or she paying for it with her own cash?"

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
gold_texture_2_by_stock_pics_textures_1.png

8e99c1e43c9f3083f5e9ccc0b1173572ee18658b.gifv

The Chancellor's Box
Accompanied By: Ryv Ryv | Suri Vullen Suri Vullen | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze
Protected By: The Senate Guard

kwzlsmL.png

The Chancellor watched rather helplessly as Ishana stood from her seat and stormed out of the viewing box. She could hardly blame her, given the circumstances. Ryv's brief stint in a coma seemed to have knocked a few more screws than usual loose. His behavior had been rumored to be increasingly erratic, but she attributed that to the stress of his office and that of the war. Then again, she couldn't recall a time that Auteme Auteme ambushed her with a selfie or slept with one of her daughters or got herself accused of committing war crimes. Adhira's chest rose and fell with a deep, calming breath.

"You know I-" she began, turning to face Ryv, but he cut across her with his response. When he mentioned company, she turned to look at the archway leading into the box, and in that instant, she perceived the presence he was referring to. Rage spilled in from the hallway in waves that manifested as a sharp pain in her frontal lobe. Adhira winced. "No, I cannot say that I am," she managed before closing her mind to the feelings of anger and despair that were growing ever closer. She considered for a moment whether she was about to be assassinated. But no, she knew that approaching feeling. It was the same one she felt when she learned of the initial defeat on Ziost.

Mere moments later, the figure of a young woman, obscured by the bright lights in the corridor, appeared and the robed Senate Guards stood at attention to bar her path. "Halt!" Adhira heard one of the guards command. "Let her through," the entire box was looking at her now, but she was staring straight ahead, unflinching. "Ma'am?"

"I said: let her through," she could hear the hesitation as the guards shifted on their heavy boots, she heard them whisper something, then they stepped aside. "Leave us," she waved her hand at other guests in her box, "I wish to grant her a private audience." Most of the guests in the Chancellor's box complied, awkwardly rising from their seats and shuffling out the archway past the disgruntled young woman. Aarav put his hand on her arm and she looked him in the eye for a moment, conveying silently her intentions. He obliged and scooped up their grandaughter before heading to the door.

She knew that Ryv would remain and she had no objections. Adhira knew what was coming - or she thought she did: The punishment she had been longing for ever since the bodies of the fallen had returned to Coruscant. At least, the bodies of the soldiers they were able to recover. Maybe the woman would hit her. Maybe she would scream in her face. Maybe she would tackle her to the ground and slam her head against the duracrete. It would hardly be enough.

Adhira pressed a button on the arm of her chair and the invisible force field around her viewing box shimmered and turned opaque, obscuring the view of the crowd from what was about to happen. Only she, Ryv, and their would-be intruders would be privy to what was about to happen.

Last edited:

Suri's eyes widened as the pair demands were met. A wild gaze watched each guest, dressed in their extravagant garments. Their bewilderment as they returned her looks was not lost on her, but it didn't pause her in the slightest. The pathfinder pushed through the opening they had provided.

Finding the commander-in-chief patiently waiting caused turmoil. Her expression held the slightest hints of sorrow, her makeup, though well done, hiding wrinkles in bags. Suri bit her tongue a moment. An old woman, bones and flesh, at the head of the pyramid that had spawned terrors unto them all. She was human. Not a cruel mistress, not a beacon of evil, simply a person. Yet, paradoxically, she was the embodiment of all that had gone wrong in the last months. Wrapped in silks, watching a show, attending a circus spawned of feigned sympathies. The contradiction of now knowing both to be true was too much. The captain's grief and anger bubbled, topped with uncertainty,

"Madam Chancellor," Suri finally spat. The dangerous edge in her voice was coated in poison. "Forgive my unannounced visit- but there is an urgent matter that must be discussed."

The Corellian moved abruptly, throwing herself into the seat next to Adhira. Leaning in closely, the faintest scents of old alcohol could be found on the woman. She moved once more, pulling a small silver case, embedded with a skull, from her pocket. The clasp opened to reveal cigarettes. Placing one in her mouth, she began to speak again.

"You killed my sister-"

The sound of a lighter opening.

"Or more accurately, your incompetence in dealing with the war and the politics surrounding it."

The flame moved to ignite the stick. Suri inhaled deeply. The flame was then snuffed with another click, but the fire in Suri's eyes remained as she stared down the official.

"I just thought you might like to know the real cost of the crusades, of our allies failing us, and the price paid for aiding them." She paused, cocking her head. "I'm not talking the numbers on the datapads, the reports handed over every morning. Tell me, Madam, have you served? Have you ever really seen war?" Suri didn't wait for a reply. "I'm a pathfinder. I've witnessed the horrors. Watched my men die. I held some while they passed, shed tears for each, and will never forget the light fading from any."

Another puff. The silence was deafening.

"Y'know, I could probably live with it, if my sister had died fighting for our country, and what we believe to be right. We're soldiers. It's the risk we accepted when we enlisted. But," She leaned in even closer, inches from the Chancellor's face. "It was for the damn Silvers. Lost on Ossus, in a fight that wasn't ours. For people who had left us for the wolves on Ziost, stranded."

Last edited:

Suri trampled forward towards the box, each step stoking the fire of her fury more and more. Her intentions barged into the currents of the Force, almost forcing Dagon to grab her by the arm and pull her back. Almost. He followed her instead, trying to keep up with her vindictive pace. They caught the senatorial guard's attention, their alertness and readiness to protect by any means necessary flared at the back of his head. Dagon felt his hand inadvertently itch for the Force, but the empyrean was nowhere to be found; drowned underneath an ocean of grief. What am I thinking?

The Chancellor's voice suddenly called them off and the pair entered the box unobstructed. Perplexed faces of immense power and colorful garbs of wealth greeted them, and...Ryv? Dagon noticeably flinched in surprise at the sight of the Sword. His eyes widened only for a moment before the veil and weight of exhaustion and guilt settled in once more. The lamentable state drawn on his face extended to his clothes - drenched and soaked. Raindrops still occasionally dripping from the seams. A full day out under the rainy sky at the memorial.

He barely raised his arms in a tired shrug at his friend, "I tried." the padawan coarsely whispered. He was uncertain whether he referred to his failure on Ossus or his attempts to stop Suri from barging in. As most of the guests shuffled out of the box, some in a worried hurry, others in a gossipy amble, his blue eyes shifted between Suri's spat with the Chancellor and Ryv.

"You killed my sister-"

The words felt like daggers through the heart, even if they were meant for the Chancellor, Dagon had been the one to thrust the blade through Ayana's chest. The smoke of her cigarette never seemed more enticing. He remained planted in one place half-listening to Suri, half-lost in the shambles of his mind. ​

if they're watching anyways

She smiled and nodded.

"Ideals are what guide us, whether or not we're aware of them. I think someone who's clear about their ideals -- their intent -- is the best kind of leader." That was, in part, why the New Jedi Order followed Ryv Ryv -- or at least, why she did. She understood the vision. Though it was changing, slowly, and she'd taken part of it as her own, it was the clarity of vision that kept her.

A slight frown crossed her face. "I appreciate your offer, Senator, and of course I would be happy to meet with you again in the future," she said, making a mental note to organize such a meeting with Fossk's staff afterwards, "Though I suppose... I believe I'll have difficulty winning over the people if I do not know which people I am winning over.

"I hardly have the same ties to any world that you do. I am... a wanderer. A Jedi. Coruscant is the closest thing I have to a home, but I doubt I could succeed in an election here."
She shrugged. "With everything going on- making time to forge such bonds with a people could be... difficult. Taxing."

Perhaps that was the fallacy of politics being a waste of time.

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
gold_texture_2_by_stock_pics_textures_1.png

dc1e25532bef5586dee4f15b984188fc516760e7.gifv

The Chancellor's Box
Accompanied By: Ryv Ryv | Suri Vullen Suri Vullen | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze
Protected By: The Senate Guard

kwzlsmL.png

Something exciting must have been happening far below them at about the moment Suri Vullen Suri Vullen sat beside her. She could smell the alcohol and smoke and the sweat and something else she couldn't quite make out. Altogether, she smelled the way Adhira had imagined an angry soldier might smell. The Balmorran woman looked ahead for a moment, unflinching, then at her clothes which seemed damp and unkempt. Her face was twisted with anger or -- maybe it was disgust that she could see, but Adhira saw the potential for kindness there too. "Oh - no apology necessary, clearly you have matters of grave importance to discuss and who better to hear them than me?" she began, her tone and body language relaxed, open, and genuine. Adhira smiled reassuringly and waited for the woman to continue, though once she'd spoken, she wished she hadn't.

"You killed my sister-"

Adhira's mask, the one that she wore when she had to be the Chancellor - the one required of her to be wise and commanding and empathetic and forceful - slipped. And for that millisecond that she revealed herself, her features tensed as if she'd just been stabbed forcefully in the chest. She exhaled through her nose and grasped the arm of the seat a little more firmly, but she continued to listen. Adhira forced herself to hear what Suri had to say about the death of her sister and about her own incompetence. Though war was a little more nuanced than what the average citizens, even the average soldiers could know, Suri Vullen was ultimately right. Adhira was responsible for her sister's death.

The older woman sat back, her left arm draping over the armrest nearest to Suri and she tilted her head as the younger woman continued. She could feel the wetness on the corner of her eyes now. She waited until Suri was finished and stayed silent for a long time. Finally, in a whispered voice that was barely audible, even behind the force field, Adhira began to speak "Irair, Drenda, Zapal, Syko, Tane, Geert, Donnall, Testu, Boc'tala..."

She allowed a bit of silence to fill the room, staring into the opaque window as if hoping to divine some great answer for this girl. A tear finally swam free and trailed down her cheek, hot and stinging where tear tracks had been for weeks, hastily hidden by makeup and smiles. "Every week or so, I memorize a new line of names... their names are the prayer and the penance that I say day and night for the ones who chose to give everything to this Alliance and its flawed ideals. Its flawed leaders." She repeated the names again, more softly this time, like a private devotion.

"To answer your question, Captain," she gave her a perceptive look, "No, I have never served on the front lines of war. In my youth I trained as Jedi Knight -- and I watched my Master murdered in front of me by a group of spineless cowards on Plexis. I served in the Strategic Intelligence Agency, for many years gathering intel for military operation, sometimes behind enemy lines, but I never saw battle. Then I devoted my life to peace... I still do, believe it or not." She found it hard to believe at times like this.

"May I ask a question Captain?... What would you have done differently, were you in my position?"

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Ryv opted to say nothing. He stood from his seat and descended the steps to stand beside Dagon, rather than share a space with the emotionally charged soldier or the focus of her ire. The entire situation annoyed Ryv. He didn't want to be there in the first place. This stupid event had nothing to do with the order or him and everything to do with the rich and their stupid showing of financial superiority masked as empathy for those who'd given everything for what others believed in. This war stole so much from so many. He could understand Suri's pain. It had taken from him, just as it had her, but he couldn't imagine marching up to the chancellor on some self-appointed mission.

"Don't worry about it, man," Ryv said to Dagon. "Folks deal with their problems in all kinds of ways. Some just get it in their heads that their pain is somehow bigger than others. Maybe it's cause they can, I dunno, rationalize it as something more. Like- your buddy, for example," he motioned up at Suri with a nod. "Her sister died fighting a battle we had to fight, but cause it was for the silvers, well, damn, it just ain't worth it anymore to this chick. But lemme ask you a question, Dagon."

He turned on his heel and looked at his murky reflection in the now opaque barrier. "What's the point of all the pretty words if we don't do what we gotta do when it comes down to it?"

There really wasn't anything else to it.

"If the New Jedi Order and the Galactic Alliance didn't ride out supporting the light, what point was there in founding this galactic superpower? Even if we fail in every endeavor, these are the fights we gotta take. Fuck the silvers, man. Fuck them and every piece of crap Jedi who doesn't put up for us when we need 'em most. My heart goes out to your friend and her dead sister, but that doesn't change anything going on. We gotta fight until we're dead and gone. Just like the Sith are gonna do, and the folks after us. It's just the way things are."

- Jaster was enjoying the performance that was offered to him for his donation. It was a sad thing to have a massive loss of life that was seen in the wars of the galaxy. However, Jaster had seen combat since the days of the One Sith, the Mandalorian Clans and the Republic of old. He remembered the Warlords of the Fringe and their terror on the outer rim. It was sad, but Jaster was now numb to the countless loss over the years and the vibrancy of war was dull in his eyes. He was even surprised that there were people left in the galaxy to fight these constant battles between nations and ideologies, and then he remembered he was approaching his 60th birthday in a few years. Those that were born in the chaos were now signing up to join the armies of endless combat. Now all he cared about was getting the most out of the struggling of power, and with power came credits to back it up.

- The UTC had been embedded in the Alliance since its founding with the election of Munnu Fati, the first chancellor of the New Republic as well as their second chancellor of Tobias Dracks. Even with the transition to the Imperium and then back to the Galactic Alliance the UTC was always in the background. The Core Worlds were always hungry for more raw material, and Jaster made sure that his company of one of their many contractors were there to feed that hunger.

- The Elder Mandalorian was not here as a member of his Clan, but as a representative of the UTC. He had heard through the grapevine that the Jedi and the Alliance were looking to combat the Brotherhood. The closure his trade ports and mining worlds in their holding was problematic. As such he was willing to pick a side on behalf of his company. The Alliance was the lesser of two evils at the moment so he would share his secrete Hyperlanes with them to secure his trade. He wanted to give the alliance access to the Jaster Trade Spine and the data they would need to give them a fighting chance.

- Someone entered his box and he turned to look. It was the attendant that was in before. "Apologies for the interuption sir, but it seems the Chancellor has another matter to attend to, we will be unable to get that meeting with her in the time being."

- Jaster knew it was a long shot as it was, but he nodded. "That is perfectly alright, I am mostly here to support the good fight against the freedom the Alliance offers." This was a lie, but he had no obligation to offer the truth to a random individual. Spies were a thing even jaster was wary off, he was an information broker as it was and thus knew information was also another form of power. "Thank you for the update, I will enjoy the rest of the perofrmance and be on my way should anything change."

- The man turned back to watch the rest of the performance, maybe there would be another chance to get the information where it needed to be.

Jane lovett

J
Wearing: x

Walking in a tiny bit late due to unforseen events Jane walked into the opera house a native of the planet. And owner of one of the companies that fueled the alliance war effort she walked up to the clerk handing him a data pad "here's my donation" she said. The clerk looked down at the pad and looked up at her "miss lovett I think you added one to many zeros" the clerk said looking at her stunned she gave a reassuring smile 'it's the 500 million is the right amount" she said looking at him.

The clerk quickly ushered an opera house employee over "show miss lovett to a booth please" he said. As Jane walked into her booth and sat down part of her knew she seemed out of place but she would show her support for the cause either way even if it caused problems she didn't come here to cause problems.

20210129_225626.png

1616017797913.png

7BUIiLq_1.png

Tags: Auteme Auteme

Auteme’s smile was contagious, in her he saw the future of the Jedi and the Alliance proper. She had spirit and hidden wisdom behind her words, if she was allowed to progress through a political career there would be no telling how far she would ascend. Perhaps even Chancellor one day.

“My dear girl, but of course! I do not believe it will be as hard as you may think, you are the Shield of the Jedi and a hero to the people. There are many worlds that would beg for your representation, your voice in the senate. Coruscant holds the Jedi Temple, it is the closest thing to home we Jedi can have, perhaps it’s just the world you deserve to fight for.”

He paused momentarily, “Ah but such things can wait for another time, we can discuss your political aspirations and work toward achieving them when we meet next officially. I wouldn’t want to sully your evening by bantering politics the rest of the night.”

The area lit up as the latest act finished, the Opera House ignited in thunderous applause. “Ah the Mon Calamari Ballet is about to begin next, I sense much going on in the Chancellor’s box.”

Suri's teeth gritted at the mention of Gala, her face visibly tightening, but she said nothing. She had done her grieving for the woman, and with no one else to remember her, the chancellor's mention was needed. Dagon's and the pretty boy's whispers were noted in the background, but her undivided attention remained on Adhira. The soldier searched her face as tears fell looking for any sign of disingenuity. With none to be found, Suri simply frowned.

Her mouth opened then shut again as she thought on the question. When she started, the words were slower, more thought out. It was Suri's chance to offer real guidance, rather than lash out once more.

"For starters," She took a last drag off the cigarette, before tossing it aside to fade in the corner. "There should have been better targets. Dark worlds make a statement when you tame them, but tear your forces apart with their ancient hoo-doo. That was a Jedi's fight, not a soldiers. There were planets that offered more strategic positions, that wouldn't have been so costly to seize.

We should have teamed up with the damn Imperials earlier. I hated the idea as much as the next, but we needed their strength. The Empire was too big for a single nation to take, too powerful- that's why no one was ever successful in any attempt.

And when our allies didn't come to our aid, we should have pulled from those deals. We shouldn't have went to war for those who wouldn't do the same for us. I serve because I'm a patriot, I believe in our values, and I've seen what the Alliance has done for the core- but that doesn't expand to the Silvers. They didn't come to our rescue, so why did we go to theres? Why did my sister have to throw down her life for them? And hell, don't get me started on that other joke we have for allies, who were out there fightin' for the ones we were trying to break."

Suri shook her head, exasperated.

"Chancellor, it was a mess, from the beginning. You can't be held responsible for everything, but so much was going wrong, and no one seemed to care. Instead of doing something to help after the face, they just throw fancy parties and give false apologies." Suri gestured to the box they sat in. "I urge you, to go out with the front next time. Go see what it is we do, even if you have to take a thousand guards with you. Don't fight a Jedi's fight. Be aware of the cost of war... and learn from the past. Hold those who should be, accountable." She added, referring to their allies.​

Suri's words to the Chancellor were drowned beneath Ryv's. Dagon's attention had began away from the 'political' altercation in the chancellor's box to the Sword of the Jedi. Ryv always had a way with leading, talking and just never mincing words. But even he had not been immune to the war. It had morphed him, stretched out that upfront approach to new lengths. Before, his compassion and empathy seemed to prevail on occasions but now it was all about doing what we must do and kriff the rest. But that's what spending your youth and life on the frontlines against an enemy more savage than anything did to you. It chipped away at your patience till it was gone and shattered rose-tinted glasses to bits and pieces. All that remained was the ash and soot. Dagon assumed that it was even worse in his friend's case, he'd come to bear a mantle of unmeasurable weight. He was, after all, the face of the New Jedi Order.

"We'll fight alright, we're Jedi. It's our duty to protect everyone but—" he clenched his fists, a flash of retribution across his eyes, then loosened up with a conceding sigh. " I...I swore to protect her sister and..." a lump began to form in his throat, "...and she wasn't just any soldier. She... I..— Ayana's her sister, Ryv— I failed, man...she's gone." his head dropped down and he shut his eyes tight. It had been just weeks since he'd told Ryv and the rest of the boys about Ayana...and him. Despite the wounds, the losses, the pain that came with serving in the trenches - they had all found the strength to still smile, joke and mess around over it. Just like it used to be once. Before the damned war. A war no one else dared to wage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom