Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public A Benefit Most Welcome

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
gold_texture_2_by_stock_pics_textures_1.png

4c4617e69bf4fd20eba42228aa00d0c80362cee4.gifv

The Chancellor's Box
Accompanied By: Ryv | Suri Vullen Suri Vullen | Dagon Kaze
Protected By: The Senate Guard

kwzlsmL.png

Adhira was glad she had sent everyone else away when she invited the outspoken soldier into her company. Suri's words were blunt, her points were direct and clearly articulated - a sharp criticism of the Chancellor's leadership throughout the war with the Sith Empire. Had any of the finely dressed bureaucrats remained behind to hear, they would no doubt have fainted from shock. She was used to being surrounded by people who coddled her ego, long-time civil servants, and decorated veterans so wrapped up in protocol that they often failed to perform their most crucial duty: advising her. Suri Vullen Suri Vullen was clearly cut from a different cloth and her straightforwardness was refreshing.

"You know," Adhira began when Suri had finished, relaxing back into her chair, "I can't remember the last time someone second-guessed my decisions... let alone conveyed their dissent in such -- colorful terms." The old woman twisted the large onyx ring on her finger, gazing into her own dim reflection as she considered the soldier's recommendations.

"You're right, it was a mistake to forgo strategic targets in favor of the more symbolic ones - we were trying to break their will, show their citizens that the mysterious dark powers of the Sith were not unopposable. If we could purge these ancient Sith worlds, the greatest representations of their power, we could destroy them from within," her chest heaved a sigh, "and for a time it worked... the Empire's forces were dejected, exhausted, the citizens shows signs of protest... but we underestimated the determination of the Sith and their commitment to their holy places."

"I could have used a voice like yours when High Command convinced me to accept an 80 percent chance of success on Ziost..."

She spun the ring around her boney finger two more times before she looked up at Suri, the faint light of an idea flickering in her dark brown eyes. "Come and work for me," she added, no hint of jest in her expression, "as my - er - Military Attaché. You would work directly with my office and advise me on military matters, outside the constraints of the Security Council and High Command, and the Senate. My voice of reason." Adhira looked on expectantly hoping that Suri's contempt for her decision-making would not hamper her desire to serve the Alliance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom