Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3:10 to Kathol: TKO Dominion of Zonju V Hex

OBJECTIVE: C - relations with Aurum Saccs Bank HQ
POST: 6/15 (sponsorship and contract for Aurum Saccs Bank)

From what I can gather [member="Noire Vanya Tal"] , the plan seems to be flat out gold rush, get as much as you can as quick as you can. Prices are fluxuating rapidly, is only there was someone with a steady place to store it someone who could offer a steady, if maybe not tip price place to sell it. Seems that person could stand to make a pretty penny or two, the person who transports the fortune as well. I have some connections with the locals. Would even be will to help out a business partner, that is if I have a business partner.

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

Writer: 8/25

"Can't be and shouldn't be," said Jorus evenly. "I'm not asking for special treatment. Far as I'm concerned, a man's got to be as evenhanded with his friends as with his enemies. Good on you for playing it this way."

He slugged back the last of his lum. "Y'know, my sister invented those. Handy things: durasteel cable inside the leather, so someone amps up their Force-strength, it'll cut into their wrists and make'em stop in short order. Would you believe I'm the one that bought those for the Underground in the first place? Or maybe you picked those ones up on your own since." He set down the tankard and rested his hands in his lap, leaning back, and shrugged in a 'welp' kind of way. Here came the irrevocable moment, but he'd been making choices at irrevocable moments for a long fething time now.

"Do what you gotta do, Julius, and I will too. And when all this is over, one way or another, we'll have another drink or two."

Objective: C

The small freighter received clearance to land on Zoronhed, a decently sized settlement that was seeing a boom in traffic as of late. Once they were settled away in port, the pair would travel the rest of the way on speeders. “It’s a long way to the mines,” Ivan’s voice lifted over the roar of the speeder engines, sand and dust clouding behind them in their wake.

“Looks like they’re not the only ones who had the same idea,” Joza mused loudly, her tone losing some of its humor over the din. They weren’t the only ones out and about, as the speeder van that whizzed past them suggested. “Ugh!” The Zeltron wiped at her face as bits of sand sprayed across it. “I hate sand. It sucks. Even with an objective in mind, she still found room to complain. Sand, in fact, did suck.

“Calm down. You’re wearing too much makeup for this sort of thing anyhow. Aren’t you afraid that your face will melt off?” There was a distinct bite in his voice, though dulled from years of being snide towards her.

“Yeah, no. I’ve got that covered. Extra tough sealant spray.” A pause. “I mean, it doesn’t stop the sand too well but it can stand up to sweat. And I’m not going to look like a hot mess for a business deal. You, on the other hand,”

She sent the man a sideways glace.

“I should have left you on the ship. ‘S about all you’re good for.”

Objective: B - Fractious Locals
Allies: TKO/Underground, Companions
Enemies: Unknown

Leaders, dignitaries, and VIPs from all across the Kathol Sector were gathered and seated around the table. There was a lavish feast set before them, all thanks to the planet's leader: The strange cyborg king, Barthemos. He was currently missing from those seated.

Among the ones gathered, one could spot a very familiar set of white, tall ears. They belonged to none other than Kimiko, representative of the Underground, here among those gathered to attempt to persuade the King to join in an alliance with Kathol.

Currently she laughed alongside two of her companions, apparently being told jokes whilst seated beside a friendly senator.

The noise from the crowd died down upon the clinking of a champagne glass, to which they all turned their attention to. Barthemos had taken his place at the "head" of the rather round table and beckoned those to hear his words,"Leaders, esteemed colleagues, and VIPs, I welcome you to Zonju! Now, before the talks begin, we shall FEAST!"

The table around our three heroines erupted in cheers, Ki, Chika, and Kanan joining in, but only for a moment before they settled and cautiously glanced around at the gathered bunch. This would be interesting, and the white-haired woman felt something a bit off about the whole thing.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Objective: Gold Rush
Allies: TKO

The mine was well on it's way to being completed, with very little aurodium being sold. What was being sold had brought in a wealth of credits toward Nova Corp, enough for them to begin expanding deeper in other parts of the galaxy.

Astril was grateful TKO authorities had allowed her to mine, considering that the other shareholder had once served against the Galactic Alliance; nevertheless, she would opt for Nova Corp to maintain the neutrality it had had all those years ago in it's glory years.

The construction of the mine had been going on for months, but the withdrawal process was about to begin, with workers being let go little by little.

Soon, the mine would be completed, and Nova Corp would earn the wealth that was rightfully theirs.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Objective: D
Writer: 9/25

The first time she came to a statue, Ajira examined its forehead. The Elders, the people who'd carved the stone stairs into the pool back on Widow, the place where she'd dreamed of this ruin, were usually depicted with a circle on their forehead. Some claimed it was symbolic of clairvoyance, of Force-sensitivity, and she could see the logic of that. In other respects, it looked like a third eye, and three-eyed humanoids had been known to exist. And there were debates over whether the Gungans or the Elders had made those statues, and if the depictions were accurate. Bottom line, a good deal of ambiguity colored the academic verse's understanding of the Elders' true nature. She'd rather hoped to find some parallels here, though to think that the Elders might have come to Zonju V -- or even originated here -- was a gigantic stretch. So she'd tempered that little hope.

And been wrong.

The statue was tranquil, smooth-featured in a way its carver had intended: this place had been sheltered from all elements for millennia. Its proportions and details were roughly human, with some familiar oddity around the upper lip, and a bulbous circle on the brow.

After half a century or so, it took a good deal to shock Ajira. This absolutely did.

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
Objective: Gold rush
Allies: KO and friends

"All right, we have the land, too"

"That was fast. That's the advantage of the GMLS"

"I'll begin to get the printing equipment ordered, and rush at that, while the contractors are hired. It might be a tad expensive but the competition is at our gates"

"We're in this together"

Yula had to grant that Shannon was expedient. Perhaps the land part had to be taken care of before the construction permits would be issued in the first place. The Sith began sifting through the construction contractors available in the area but the sheer number of those things that need to be addressed are just... ugh. There were so many items that went into constructing things such as a new printing headquarters for the southern region that she almost forgot that there were other equipment to purchase before the deal would be sealed. At this point, however, she knew time was of the essence for this enterprise to work. Yula was a little concerned, and time was running out: other companies may take advantage of this deal to be able to cut under the Sith Inquisitor's grass. Hopefully Yula would hope that she made the right choices under the circumstances, while her impatience began to get the better of her. That being said, there was a clear need for this mission to have a set ending before everyone else does.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Writer: 10/25

After perhaps two hours and a brief comm call -- somehow her gear was good enough to punch a signal through the overhead ruins -- Ajira took a seat on a stone bench by the side of a road. In theory, she could reach out to the Dark Side of the Force in a serious way and get some idea of possible futures, but something about this place spoke of an old balance. She hesitated to disturb it without a better idea of the consequences. Instead, she opted to just ponder the future rationally.

A great deal could be learned from this location, but only by people far more expert than her. The Naboo System had the leading authorities on the Elders, for obvious reasons, and once this place's existence got into that academic community, no amount of non-disclosure agreements or sleight of hand would keep the secret. Keeping this place to herself, then, was only an option if she wanted to be satisfied with a fraction of its lessons.

How to approach it, then? The only straightforward way might just be to take ownership of her publicly avowed -- and publicly untrained -- Force-sensitivity. I took a swim in the pool on Widow to try and get a vision, to see what I could see. I saw the door to this place and felt where to go to find it. Jedi said things like that all the time, treated them as rational, and expected others to accept that. Would giving a similar account cross a threshold? Whose radar would she appear on?

Klesta

"Twice the adrenaline rush, twice the trouble, twice the costs but we have all the equipment required"

"That was fast!"

"All right, the contractors are now ready to work, send the construction documents!"

"Construction documents sent"

It took Yula about 10 minutes to get the work finished on this whole endeavor of choosing contractors. It would be a little risky but she knew other media outlets were there attempting to out-build their competitors - she was in a precarious position and she knew it. Now Yula was looking for printing equipment to use in the presses that the Sith Inquisitor will use on Zonju 5. The heavy-duty stuff because, in her mind, she ought to take the other competitors by surprise, and not just to out-print them. The rest of the players in that great game of journalistic speed are bewildered by the speed at which Yula was able to get stuff done, as if she was using Force-speed to hustle the process. It might not be the best day to these journalists, but in the end one will survive on this planet: will it be the SI? Or some other newspaper that has no idea of what they are doing? Or just another scrub of the journalistic industry? Doubts began to be seeded in Yula's mind while she looked for heavy-duty printing equipment suppliers that can accept rush orders for such items.

Objective: A
Allies: [member="Jorus Merrill"]

Julius weighed the cuffs and slipped them onto his belt, both hands and body appearing to relax. Some might think he was standing down, or giving Jorus a chance to run. But any who could feel the Force would feel a crackle in the air. A tension that spoke of readiness. A coiled snake ready to strike. His coat hung unnaturally still as the long silence drifted on. Even the bar was still and quiet, save for the creak of wood and leather as someone adjusted themselves, and a cleared throat or two in discomfort echoed. Finally, licking his lips slowly as if savoring the taste of the air, the blademaster nodded his head in a miniature bow of respect.

"We gonna fight this out, or you going to make me chase you old man? Cause if I chase you, then I'm going to demand the first round is on you when I catch you. Ain't a person in this galaxy match me for speed..."

OBJECTIVE: C - Establish an HQ for MaraTibx

"There has been an increase in kyber researching technology." Six continued.

"Doctor Va, am I right in stating that you have been researching more in increasing the effectiveness of Kyber crystals power output?"

If they were able to get the right amount of cuts or facets, perhaps they could increase the power output of the redistributor. Wouldn't be much, but just make it that much more effective and efficient. Smaller.

If they could decrease the size and create a stronger thermal oscillator, then they would be in business.

Klesta

"Look at the cost of this rat race!"

"What do you mean, rat race?"

"Are you in the process of bankrupting the company?"

"I accept this rat race was a little expensive to run, but hey, one's gotta do everything in their power to get the company up and running in a new market"

Out in Wild Space, it's a dog-eat-dog environment out there: she doesn't want some First Order peeps to win over her so she gets back and uses telekinesis to hold a durasteel beam in place, pyrokinesis to weld that one in place, out of frustration at her efforts being a little slow, despite being much faster than normal. That was a risky business, but she had no choice but to do it. Here's my chance to show the galaxy what Sith can do when not doing evil across the galaxy, she thought, while stretching her Force-energies to the limit. And, in itself, it was newsworthy, so long as there is no involvement of Yula proper in the resulting story. But she began drafting a press release for someone else among the journalistic staffers on Alexandria to proof-read, fact-check and review before it can actually be released in its wake. That is no good: this is the printing rush of 851 ABY, and I'm right in the middle of it! It is going to be highly rewarding if I make it, but crippling if I don't, she thought, before repeating the welding process again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jCJZEFIto​

OBJECTIVE: C - Establish a Haven Shipyards HQ and smaller shipyards(And obtain access for Coronet Hypernautics)
Allies: [member="Aeri Vyn"]

A frown furrowed his brow as he stared at the diagram and swiped between one covered in alien glyphs and script and this. The two were eerily similar, but not quite the same. Muttering he appeared to un-do some prior work and chew on the style., drumming fingers along the table-top in thought as he sat in the meeting hall. Suddenly he stood up, seemingly not caring where he was as he stood on the table of the board-room. A spool of red string was taken out from his pocket along with a little clear plastic box of tacks. He rolled the string along the table and began to push tacks from the box, varying colors in certain ways, into the ceiling, winding the string along and creating a sort of 3d maze he began to duck through.

If one could see the dataslate he gaze at and his work, it would become clear he was trying to replicate the design in 3d thus. To what end, no one would likely know but Caladan himself. Muttering he pulled a thumb back swiftly, sucking at a well of blood from it and cursing a bit before moving on, muttering about being careful. Julius would tease him to no end if he knew he still had this habit from his youth. But sometimes a holo-image or 360 diagram just wasn't solid enough for him to visualize and operate the way he needed to. He had heard of hard light, and it's applications, but he couldn't really afford anything of that sort. Well, Julius could, and the business could, but he wasn't about to ask for a loan from his brother nor was he going to invest so much from the business into a frivolity. This worked just as well. Or so he told himself.

Dunames Lopez

Megalomaniac CEO of Star Tours

After this gong show called Kaeshana, Dunames sought to expand the entire operation called Zonju, which would be a new destination along the Edge of the Galaxy tour. With all these companies setting up shop on Zonju all at once, a new spaceport needs to be built: the one built on Santaissa was not going to be enough. So she brought the Valgipus, which was a kilometer long, with yet more construction crews willing to build a spaceport using a much more streamlined project to get the job done in a fraction of the time required to get the under First Order regulations. She was grateful for the checks First Order regulatory authorities provided to the population, but here it was but a question of time before the project starts. So she landed the Valgipus somewhere on a plateau close enough to a mining settlement to be of use to ferry ores off-world. Star Tours began to get to work on the double: here each second counts. And Dunames' face began to be more marked with worry.

"Here it's out of question to build a full-blown tarmac: just a control tower and a terminal would do in the little time we have"

"Roger, roger" Merrily replied.

"Commence landing sequence!"

"Why are the local authorities in such a rush to get stuff done on the planet?"

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Writer: 11/25

Another hour brought her back to the ship, a claustrophobic and filthy process. She sent the data to an acquaintance at the Royal House of Learning: Professor Edro Tarpals, who held the Nass Chair in Archaeology. The message included an offer to bring a holocomm into the site for a primary consultation. Then she informed the captain that they'd be lingering on Zonju V for a little while, took a shower and some medication for muscle soreness, and passed out. Age had its gifts -- respect, for one -- but in many ways it took as much as it gave. More, eventually.

She woke to a breathless message from Professor Tarpals, who'd become so excited that his Otoh Gunga accent was peeking through. Packing the mobile holocomm into a repulsor crate, she headed back to the site.

This time, when she came to the diverging pathway, she took the intact route. It led through several stripped chambers, but eventually deposited her in front of a uniquely carved door whose other side she'd seen. She knocked it down with brisk telekinesis and brought the comm inside to deploy.

The comm was a fat disc with a diameter as long as her forearm. It displayed a staticky 3/4 scale HoloNet projection of the professor, and bobbed along beside her as she walked through the dead city.

Dunames Lopez

Star Tours, one of the biggest names in the First Order corporate world. The Kathol Outback being fully on-board with this... rush which, even by Dunames' standards, was a little... irrational, they had no qualms to let the First Order companies operate in Kathol Outback space: what's good for Zonju is good for the Outback in their eyes. By now it was obvious that it was a race against the clock, so the construction crews began excavating the ground where the control tower would be. Sure, the spaceport would be a little rustic but it would have to do. The context was different, and she already had another AT-AT barge come in for delivering a hypermatter reservoir, the very same as the one used on Kaeshana to rebuild the spaceport (however, on Kaeshana, it was also used as a temporary storage area for dry duracrete whereas the rebar would be stocked somewhere else, whereas such would not be the case on Zonju). She began to rush-order the tactical display, relying on the same sensors and manufacturers as was used on Kaeshana:

"Any idea why you seemed not to want a duracrete tarmac?" the chief engineer of the Valgipus asked.

"The duracrete tarmac would be a liability for us: it would take forever to build and time is of the essence here!"

"Why are you in such a rush?"

"There are tons of industries here that depend on us and our spaceport!"

Julius Sedaire said:

Julius weighed the cuffs and slipped them onto his belt, both hands and body appearing to relax. Some might think he was standing down, or giving Jorus a chance to run. But any who could feel the Force would feel a crackle in the air. A tension that spoke of readiness. A coiled snake ready to strike. His coat hung unnaturally still as the long silence drifted on. Even the bar was still and quiet, save for the creak of wood and leather as someone adjusted themselves, and a cleared throat or two in discomfort echoed. Finally, licking his lips slowly as if savoring the taste of the air, the blademaster nodded his head in a miniature bow of respect.

"We gonna fight this out, or you going to make me chase you old man? Cause if I chase you, then I'm going to demand the first round is on you when I catch you. Ain't a person in this galaxy match me for speed..."
[member="Julius Sedaire"]

A bit of a grin played at the corners of Jorus' mouth. He still didn't stand up from his relaxed posture in the seat. "Yeah, I'll allow as you're faster'n me, always have been. But we both know if I get away, it won't come down to speed any more than it'd come down to a proper fight. There's other factors goin' on here." He'd put his hands in his lap or on his belly a bit ago, beneath the edge of the table. Now one of those hands twitched as he fired that little wide-angle repulsor.

The shockwave wasn't a sharp one, not the kind that could shatter bone. It was more of a shove, meant to throw people off their feet. Half the cone of effect was pointed at Julius' legs under the table. The other half would strike the underside of the table at an angle, flip it up between them, and push it at Julius' face. In a perfect world, the blademaster would get his legs knocked out from under him, fall forward, and take a table to the face. If his instincts and speed were as good as Jorus guessed, maybe Julius' momentary danger-sense would get more of a read off the direct bit, the shockwave to the legs; maybe he'd jump high, at which point the table would catch him. Either way, it wasn't time to think anymore. It was time to move by instinct.

Whichever way Julius went, Jorus went the other way, scrambling hard and fast toward an instinctively optimized route.

As Julius opened his mouth to reply, the table and the repulsor flew at him almost simultaneously. It was a good ploy, and a good move. One that would have worked flawlessly on almost everyone else. Photo negative trails and ghosts flew across his vision as possible routes and plans filled his mind, and he filtered the results as the monks had taught him. No one could analyze each route critically... Not and fight effectively. Here it was instinct, gut and grit. One of the routes screamed at him in his mind, the Force and it's will tugging him thus. A grin spread across his face as everything seemed to move slowly but him...

Jump over the repulsor, saber whipping out and around with green beam hissing to life as he curled into a ball after the table sliced into pieces. A split second before the table hit his legs uncoiled like springs, Force burning in them as if jumping, the world orienting towards the table as if it were the ground as he kicked out with a simple Force jump and sent the cut table flying. His saber was still spinning in the air from where he had let it go, and as he landed in an awkwardly splayed crouch, panting, it fell into the outstretched hand behind him and was held there, deactivated for the moment. The flashy manoeuvre had kept him from getting stunned, or injured, but it had cost him time and breath. If he were lucky, the table flying back in the vague direction of Jorus might have startled him, or forced his route.

For now, he stood, saber clipping back to belt as he tried to trace where his opponent had been.

Dunames Lopez

The intensive economic activity was like a Tortures-r-us for the local residents of Zonju, while swoop gangs are closing in on the spaceport. The dozen or so swoop riders are about to circle the control tower, ready to set the control tower foundations ablaze, and the ship's security guards are on standby, with Dunames readyig her own 12.7x108 slugthrower to repel the swoop gangs. But her and her alone could use such a cumbersome weapon as a shoulder-fired implement. I hope that the new security equipment I purchased will actually work for those other security guards posted onboard the Valgipus! she thought while staying on the boarding ramp, ready to shoot at a swoop using that oversized slugthrower. She fires an armor-piercing high explosive shot, and the swoop it hits is destroyed, hopefully taking its driver down with it, much as a Sith would be if they tried to block the very same round using a lightsaber. But she couldn't tell whether the downed driver was killed or not: that was up to the security teams deployed to finish it off.

"Help! Swoop gangs!" a construction worker shouted in its comlink, while Dunames fired another shot at the swoop gang.

"Set up a security perimeter around the control tower!"

"Death to Star Tours! Death to the First Order!" the swoop gang leader shouted in the air.

"Oops... I'm hit!"

Negative Prime

Space Elf.. its a thing apparently.
Allies: TKO
basepre02.jpg

ku_entry_2013_1219_080800_7861.jpg

the Mine Strippers were in there infancy stages still a 50km square lot of land was calmed by the company.
droids were setting up the fencing as her shuttle settled down.
it was a great place for a town and mining was still lucerative. so a mining town as alwats a good thing.
it was funny. Kami turned a dead Clan into a huge company in little over 2 standard years.
Honoko was great full to them for the opportunity.
thank fully the dredgers had flattened half the area and the finishing touches were being put to the foundations .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom