Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Winter Gala - Lifeday Event

3.png
Objective: Make it through the Party
Equipment: Dress, Heels
Accessories: Bracelet, Echo Stone
Tags: Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar

There was no hiding the curt and sharp edges she wielded. The emotional curtain she used to temper herself drawn tightly shut and unable to help her as Gatz seemed to see through her. Either the gimmick was up, or he was still trying to gauge her mood.

The squeeze of his hand reminded her she hadn't let go.

The small gesture making her stare at their hands wide eyed. Warm, pleasant. It wasn't that strange distant feeling she used to keep her aware. Kept her on her toes and everyone just beyond reach. Inviting, inquisitive.

Terrifying.

You're his enemy now. You're part of the problem. You're the thing he hates. Little rich girl. A jedi when it suits you. How long before he-

The question knocking her from the mocking she'd laid upon herself.

He didn't like the nobles, and she'd just made herself one. Did he know? Did he care? He didn't seem to mind Bri? Or was his teasing jabs just barbs hidden behind a smile? Worries that began to plague her mind as she frowned, letting the glass settle at her side.

"I. I don't know Gatz. I'm just. I'm tired. But there's more to do. Always." Words that would have been drowned out in the party filling the air. Admitting it didn't make her feel better. Admitting she was tired felt like a betrayal of the duties she'd been trusted with.

She hadn't even taken many of them on yet proper, and already she was realizing how unprepared she was.

"There's Romi's trial. I was supposed to be learning from her. I'd sought her out because I wanted her help. I. Went. Looking. I needed, her help. And now. There's a witch hunt on her. So I've lost her." Fingers tightened around glass, wyes still locked on the ground as she started to speak.

"Jakku. Feth. Jakku Enclave isn't even completed yet. I've got to go. And help finish it. And while Romi is out, or gone, or just. Not, coming back. I. I'm minding it for her." Her eyes stung, a feeling she loathed more than anything as she wiped at her eyes.

"I had to take my grandma's properties before they got sold off. Or I'd lose that final thing I didn't know I had of hers. But that. It's property. Here on Naboo. Gatz, I can barely manage my bank account. What the feth am I going to do with that?" Eyes finally pulling away from the ground to look at him. A panicked stare as she waved the glass about, emphasizing what she'd said before pointing the rim at herself and tapping it against her chest.

"And more of her stuff. I have to find. Some holocrons she left behind. But they're all hidden. Different places, planets she hid out on. And they've got lessons in them but. I'm working off what I can interpret with no teacher. And it's frustrating. And then on top of that I-" She cut herself off, realizing how close she'd come to finally telling someone about Corva Yag.

Tell him. He won't think you're crazy, right? Go on. Tell him! Let's see how much he cares.

"I'm just. I'm just tired." Her shoulders sank, the flurry she'd whipped herself into disappearing. Eyes drifting down to the hand still holding hers. "I can't stop. I've got to catch up. But everytime I think I'm doing good, I screw it all up!"

Her hand whipped around, throwing the glass away from the them to let out some of the anger that gathered from her words. The snapping glass didn't alleviate any of it. Making her feel more guilty rather.

GZYmvrk.png

Objective: Drink to forget, but try not to do anything that winds up becoming awkward upon regaining consciousness....

Finishing her first drink, Seku quickly motioned the bartender for a refill. Starshine Surprise was her nemesis, she understood that fully, but at this point, she simply didn't care. The question was....how much would she have to drink in order to forget the big, empty hole in her heart that stemmed from Alex StormWolf's absence, even if only temporarily?

"
You might want to go easy on that stuff," the bartender cautioned after Seku motioned for another refill. "It'll sneak up on you pretty quick."

"Keep the refills coming," Seku shot back, slapping a few credit chips down on the bar. "I'm still standing!"

"Your funeral," the bartender said with a shrug as he topped up her glass and pocketed the credit chips. "Don't say I didn't at least try and warn you..."

TAGS- OPEN

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Outfit: Tux

Weapons:
Objective: A Night to Remember
Tag: Closed | Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

Lossa looked down at their joined hands with something resembling shock on her face. Gatz was ready to let go, waiting for her to pull away, or to say something. But she didn't, and so he didn't. Her hand was warm, their surroundings cold, and the gale that consumed Lossa even colder. Whatever warmth there was to be had, he wanted to keep. And he was willing to share it.

He waited for her to speak. Lossa seemed to be considering doing just that. She stopped fiddling with the glass momentarily, which frankly was a step in the right direction. If she needed time to compose what she wanted to say, or even to figure out whether she wanted to say anything at all, then Gatz was happy to be patient. It wasn't like he had plans tonight.

When she finally did speak up, it was quiet at first. Barely more than a whisper, and oh so tired. Another feeling Gatz was all too familiar with. He knew exactly what it was like to have the galaxy beat him down, day after day, never granting him even the smallest break.

But what plagued Lossa was beyond what rested upon his own shoulders. His greatest challenge was his own guilt, and nearly being broke. Lossa's challenges... wow. Her mentor was on trial, she was basically taking over an enclave, she'd inherited something she couldn't even comprehend, much less deal with.

How could that not be overwhelming? Gatz saw the tears pricking at her eyes, and every fiber of his being wanted to do something about them... but he didn't want to overstep. He especially didn't want to do something that might make her feel awkward or uncomfortable when she was already going through all of this. So he let her wipe them away herself, without trying to intervene.

But when she started waving the glass around erratically, he did move his free hand to take it from her... only for her to throw it a second before he could stop her. It shattered somewhere behind him, but Gatz didn't really care about anything other than the woman in front of him. As her free hand came down from throwing it, he took that gently too, giving it that same squeeze to try and ground her.

Gatz knew what it was like to drown, and he wasn't just talking physically (though, he knew what that was like too). He was still drowning, really, but if he could only save one of them, he'd rather save her.

"Lossa, I'm not going to pretend that I understand everything you're dealing with," Gatz started softly, "but I know a little something about being beaten down by the galaxy."

He had plenty of experience.

"Everything you're talking about, everything that's weighing down on you... it seems daunting. Insurmountable, even, if you're trying to shoulder them on your lonesome." Gatz squeezed her hands again, "but Lossa, who ever said that you had to do those things alone?"

Gatz smiled at her, in spite of everything. In spite of her pain, in spite of his. In spite of this damn holiday that doubled as his birthday, that only served to remind him that he was on his lonesome. Except, right now, in this moment, he wasn't. Nor was she.

"I'm willing to bet you'd find plenty of people willing to help, if you'd only look around for them. If you'd just ask for it. Including me," Gatz was quick to add, "I mean, I don't know much about Romi's trial, or managing fancy estates. But building an enclave? Well, I've got an able pair of hands, and a ship for ferrying supplies. And I do love a good scavenger hunt, so tracking down hidden holocrons? Sounds like a fun date to me."

"You can have whatever you need of me, whenever you need it,"
Gatz promised, "all you have to do is ask. And I'm sure your friends would say the same. You're never alone, Lossa. So don't shoulder these burdens as if you are."

Objective: Make it through the Party
Equipment: Dress, Heels
Accessories: Bracelet, Echo Stone
Tags: Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar

Aww. Lookit that. Someone else you get to let down.

She was angry, upset, and spiteful. All of these things had settled on her at the same time, had made it hard to enjoy most anything of late. Spoiling for a fight, and she couldn't find a thing to aim it at. And Gatz didn't deserve the brunt of her fury. Her free hand taken now into his as he made her pause.

Eyes alight in a fiery rose color, tear bright as he spoke.

Offering patience. Reminding her she wasn't alone. All of the things she didn't want to hear but needed to. Emotions churning behind the veil she clutched to tightly to keep from ruining someone else's night. How had he even noticed?

"Please. Please don't." She couldn't wipe her eyes as tears formed. The need to speak, to rebuke how easy it all sounded burned her soul. Sanna's passing had been little more than a milestone in her life when it was all said and done. The rock she had leaned on for her entire childhood suddenly gone. Leaving her alone as she was deemed healthy enough to begin training as a padawan.

Feeling cast aside to be someone else's problem. Something unworthy of attention as she tried to brighten everyone's day.

And it had worked. But it had felt like small steps against the mountains of her mind. She'd made someone smile. Only to have it wash away with a sharp word of reprimand. A reminder that what she did was wrong. And it only looped back on itself as a constant affirmation. That was how it always was. That is how it would always be. Failure after failure wracking up in her mind against his words to reinforce why she needed to push on.

To succeed at least once.

She shook, not from the cold, from the effort to not cry as she tried to reconcile her thinking with his words.

"I'm not. Don't. Why?" Not having the strength to pull her hands free, she leaned into him instead to hide her face. She hated crying. It felt so childish to her. Nothing got solved with crying, right? "Anyone else. Why me? Why did you pick the worst person!?"

She yelled to get the feelings out. Desperate to make him second guess. Still feeling the burn of anger and not wanting to feel at all. She didn't expect an answer, didn't want to hear it. It wouldn't make her feel better right now. Not when everything felt like it was closing in on her. Her eyes hurt, choked sobs breaking the hold she had.

GZYmvrk.png

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Outfit: Tux

Weapons:
Objective: A Night to Remember
Tag: Closed | Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

Her eyes, which Gatz had always regarded as beautiful, were as hard as he'd ever seen them. They burned with something he didn't quite understand. Fury? Sorrow? Self-loathing? They were all things he felt often, and they were all things that melded with each other often, but he'd never seen his own eyes in the mirror when he was like that. So was this how his own eyes looked, during those dark moments?

Or was what he was seeing something entirely different than anything he'd dealt with before?

As Lossa shook, and tucked herself close to him, Gatz decided it didn't matter. He could mull over the similarities later. Right now, Lossa was doing her best to keep herself out of his vision; doing her best to keep him from seeing her cry, even if he could hear the way her voice broke. And that was far more important than drawing comparisons to sate his curiosity.

"Anyone else. Why me? Why did you pick the worst person!?"

"I didn't."

Hearing the way she tore into herself hurt far more than the angry shouting did. Self-loathing was a constant companion of his. He wouldn't wish that on a friend. So it burned to feel the way Lossa hated herself—and he could feel it. Like an eclipse blocking out the sun, denying her it's gentle warmth and light, and leaving her frigid and shadowed until she could no longer remember what warmth and light were even like.

Gatz wouldn't pretend that he knew Lossa all that well. But he knew she didn't deserve to feel like that. So, after she yelled, Gatz let go of her hands and pulled her into a tight embrace.

"I've met a lot of terrible people, Lossa," he chided her, voice as soft as a feather, "worked with them too. Was them. And you most certainly do not rank among them."

Gatz pulled back then, slowly, so that she might have a chance to stop him from seeing her face. He'd picked up on the fact that she didn't want him to see her crying.

"The 'worst person' wouldn't take time out of her day to take part in a local food drive. The 'worst person' wouldn't care enough to do that. She also wouldn't be so worried about taking over a Jedi Enclave and getting it right, and in fact, she wouldn't even be in the running to do that."

He understood that Lossa got into a little trouble from time to time, not unlike he used to. But a bad person? Gatz couldn't see that. And sure, he was often blinded by infatuation. But in this moment... in this moment his mind was clearer than he could remember it being in a long time.

"I don't know where you got the idea that you're some horrible person, but you're not. And you've gotta let yourself believe that Lo. I do. Briana does. Sounds like Romi does too. Cora and Makko? Only have wonderful things to say about you."

"The only person who sees you that poor of light, is you."

3.png

Objective 1: A Night to Remember
Anna Carden Anna Carden

"... I put a lot of effort sneaking here to get you out of that Jedi's shackle, you nerf herder." Carden almost shouted at him, enough that Atin put a finger to his lips and began to shush her.
"You put in a lot of effort?" He shifted quickly back to their conversation as she piped back down. "Well I hope you put some thought in there too, 'cause- wait...Did you just call me a ner-"

Somehow the quiet whisper was louder than anything else the Mandalorian could hear now. "It's been months, Atin." She gestured down across the hall, towards the lights and sounds of music, laughter. "Don't tell me you want to live the rest of your life like this, unless you're into it."

Atin already knew what Anna was going to ask. What it was she wanted from him. Something not his to give.

"Miss me already, huh?" Atin tried to joke, barely able to muster up a half-hearted chuckle as he stepped past Anna to lean against the balcony and look out over the landscape. He didn't need to look at Anna to know when she took a step toward him. He could feel her move, approaching with a soft-spoken plea.

"Let's just go, leave this place." Escape captivity.

Atin's head fell. A slow inhale, and a long exhale. "I can't, Carden; you know that." Atin turned around to face the woman. "The Jetii saved my life. I owe the oya'la entye. I can't 'just leave'." Not without forsaking the Creed, what it meant to be Mandalorian.

Eloise appeared convinced, despite her often stony exterior. August seemed to get visibly excited when he saw her walk over to grab a pair of skates and magically changed her clothes, dragging his mother along with them as they continued along the ice. Amani figured the best way to keep Eloise around was to not put all of the attention on her, so she tried to get August preoccupied with their own skating, while Eloise continued getting herself prepared.

But a few minutes later, Eloise joined them, only to immediately fall down. Amani winced, while August let out a feeble "Oh no," He lurched forward toward the tall lady, and patted her shoulder a few times in commiseration, "You okay? It okay."

Lily1_1.png

Lily2_1.png
Outfit: This Dress
Equipment: None
Tags: Open

Lily was arriving very late to the Gala on Naboo, she had spent much too time on sorting her hair into an elegant bun, it had been arduous to find that right look with the dress that she was fully in love with. It was not a lighter shade of blue that Lily usually styled herself in but it was definitely a look that showed off her curves and suited the Gala theme that she was here to enjoy. Lily was paying a visit to the home world of her Master, the world where she found her Lightsaber crystal, before she went back to Eshan to spend Life Day with her mother and family.

Entering the ballroom, Lily reached out and gracefully in fluid motion took a glass of champagne from a waiter and took a long sip of the glass. The flute was quite a nice style and the drink was acceptable. She wasn't a huge fan, preferring red wines and tequila if she got the chance to enjoy a good tequila. For the moment, she was unaccompanied and she wasn't sure if the person she wanted to be there with her would turn up. From the sounds of things, Broja Fett Broja Fett was busy with his Mandalorian job so there was no guarantee he would be able to attend.

It was hard, especially since they couldn't spend much time anyways, she had hoped to see him before Life Day but she wouldn't hold it against him if he couldn't be there. There were times she let him down on meeting up due to her life as a Jedi.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el
alexboarder.png

Braze shook his head and moved to stand up tucking his fluff ball away nice and soundly.

"You're right... Life's far from fair. "
Braze offered lightly his voice becoming subdued. He looked at the snow sculpture and moved to gather his spade once more and shook out any remnants of snow from his hair. There was a tinge of an emotion that emanated from him briefly but its was snuffed out almost as soon as it slipped past making it hard to discern what it was. His signature became frigid cold and steely as he tightened down his mental shields rather actively. "It was nice meeting you Jalen. " He murmured quietly looking away.

Braze pulled the edged of his hooded cloak up and over his head once he had gathered what he'd brought with him and didn't say anything further before padding off in to the snow away from their little group.

A gala on Naboo for Lifeday, in the middle of an otherwise blissful winter season. Ivalyn felt the colors rush along her face as she blushed. It had been, far too long since anyone had paid her such a compliment, clearly. "Thank you," she accepted the compliment as gracefully as she could muster. Suddenly though, she wondered if perhaps the liquid courage she had moments before... If it would be enough to get her through this lovely moment on this night with the gentleman before her. She read his expression and couldn't hold back the mutual grin that seemed to appear on her own features. Would it be a little self-serving to say that he shouldn't look away? Maybe, probably, but, "then I suggest, perhaps, that you don't." A beat. "Look away that is," she dared him in a single sentence.

Andrik. What a very peculiar name, she thought to herself, coupling that with his Galactic Alliance blue... He was most definitely from the Core. She nursed aforementioned liquid courage, whilst she lost herself in Rik's brown eyes. She answered his question with ease, "no." Ivalyn continued, "Dosuun actually, out in the Unknown Regions." She supposed now was the time the small talk, "what about yourself, Rik? Do you have the pleasure of being from Naboo?" The gala seemed to slowly ebb away into a blurry background as Rik became Ivalyn's focus. The grin she wore earlier had yet to fade, and she didn't want it to.

clawcraft_snow_sculpture.png

Naboo, Objective III
Tags: Braze Braze

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

Braze pulled the edged of his hooded cloak up and over his head once he had gathered what he'd brought with him and didn't say anything further before padding off in to the snow away from their little group.

"Hey, Braze," Jasper called out. "I didn't mean to get you down. I really didn't mean anything by it."

Jasper sighed, hanging his head a little. It was like being a kid all over again. One word could ruin everything. It was probably nothing, just a small moment from his student that would easily pass, but that didn't keep his brain from jumping to extremes. Had he just been too pessimistic? It was hard to say. He at least hoped that it was something the two of them could work out.

"You can go if you want to," he told him. "But would you at least be willing to talk with me about it later?"

At least to leave the floor open for him to better understand.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
alexboarder.png

Braze paused and glance slightly towards Jasper and stared at him from under his hood for a few excruciatingly long, silent moments.
"There's nothing to talk about. " Braze finally said before looking up and a devious little smirk was on his face as not one, not two, but three snow balls rained down in an attempt to pelt poor Jasper. " After all~ Life's not fair right~?" He asked trying very hard not to let slip any laughter. His devious little ploy was done JUST to distract Jasper long enough to turn the table son him and 'get back' at him.​

clawcraft_snow_sculpture.png

Naboo, Objective III
Tags: Braze Braze

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

Jasper simply stood there in a daze for a moment. The snowballs instantly became powder on impact, almost as though they had hit a brick wall. He didn't even flinch. That hardly seemed important to him at the moment. Was it embarrassing for his concern to be so wrapped up in someone that they could easily play around with him? It was hard to say. A part of Jasper was frustrated, but ultimately he couldn't bring himself to get mad. Braze could have done anything else.

It was more childish here than anything. There was something far more innocent there, even if it had been concerning in the moment.

"Yeah," Jasper finally said, cracking a small smile. "I guess life isn't fair."

The man sighed, brushing the powdered snow off of his shoulder.

"I'm just glad you're okay."

That was all he really cared about.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
alexboarder.png

Braze chuckled bubbling over with seeing his little ploy play off. He recovered shortly after and moved to levitate one of the wings. He moved to create heated blast of air to melt part of the wing and pressed it in place. " Come on cheer up Master Kai'el, and let's stick these on- We gotta finish putting Silas Westgard Silas Westgard to shame~" Braze chirped happily enough, pleased with his little mind games thus far. Braze seemed rather pleased with himself.​

2.png

Naboo
Objective II
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn - Open -

Alicio found a small smile as Amani's padawan started to procure some skates, returning his attention back to Liana as they waited. The little girl had gone back to narrating her skating journey, all while grasping her father's hand tightly. Alicio devoted a bit more time to her, even let her try to move by herself a little.

Even if he quickly grasped her hand again, as he sensed the girl's imminent fall. She made a raised eyebrow at him. His signature raised eyebrow. "I fine!"

"Yeah, I know lovely. I just wanted to hold your hand." He began to coax her forward.

"Oh... Okay!"

So focused on sensing his daughter's future, he failed to notice Eloise's spill until it was too late. His brow scrunched, and Lia was quick to turn, and blurt out a sympathetic "Oooh!" Father and daughter skated over together.

In one gloved hand, Alicio held his daughter's grip. With his other, he reached down, offering the Dinn a way up.
"Here. It's difficult to stand on your own."

2.png

white.png
VVVDHjr.png
Parties. Life Day. Maeve had never particularly cared for the holiday, and such lavish celebrations were rarely to her tastes. The only reason she ever attended them in the first place was to serve as security detail or spy on suspicious patrons. But tonight? Maeve had come purely as a guest. Just a young woman ready to have some fun.

As she neared the edge of the skating rink, already, some of that fun came her way in the form of a dashing young man. He wore a glittering smile and a trench coat, carrying with him a second pair of ice skates. She gave him a short glance, sizing him up, making sure he wasn't some assassin, but the man seemed harmless.

When he came close enough, his breath heavy with peppermint, he bowed and extended a gloved hand in her direction, his smile never fading.

"My lady, I can't help but find you wandering all alone tonight. Tell me, would you care to join me on the rink? Perhaps we could even share a kiss under the—?"

"Another word and I will pulp your heart into cranberry sauce."

The man blinked at her sudden answer. Once, twice. After a long moment of silence, he stalked away without another word, leaving Maeve finally and blissfully alone.

Okay. Maybe she wasn't here to have fun. That just wasn't Maeve. But she was here for one thing, and it was to surprise a few old friends. Years ago, she had embarked on a secret mission into the Unknown Regions, hunting after runaway Sith. It had taken much longer than she'd wanted, but now she'd returned, ready to inject herself back into swing of things.

As if that was so simple.

She had missed ceremonies, birthdays, and well, births. For one woman, in particular. Already, in the distance, Maeve could spot her target across the rink, the woman she'd come to know and respect since her time as a Jedi Knight: Amani Serys-Organa.

The Jedi Master was now saddled with two nasty little ankle-biters—something Maeve certainly didn't envy—but the twins looked so much older than she'd expected, skating freely on the ice. Had she really been gone so long? So much had changed.

It seemed she'd taken on a Padawan, too. A purple-haired girl who appeared to like skating the ice on her ass. Oh, and Alicio. The years had been kind to him, and he looked little different than before. Part of her considered joining them, but no. Instead, she watched from a safe distance, all the while fighting back a strange sensation in her chest.

Joy? Oh, no. Absolutely not.

3.png

A Night to Remember
Atin Tracinya Atin Tracinya

"Miss me already, huh?"

Anna dodged that joke with an exhale. "Everyone's waiting for you." Mandalorians are like family, they don't leave each other behind. Jenn did it for her, and now it's time for her to save him.

"The Jetii saved my life. I owe the oya'la entye. I can't 'just leave'."

The woman turned her back and avoided eye contact to just look at the festivities and party below. The more she looked at him, the angrier she became. "Yes, you can." Anna muttered under her breath as if nagging. "You can. Nothing is stopping you." She took several deep breaths to calm herself down, but then the huntress' teeth started clicking, and her breath quickened.

And she exploded out of nowhere.

"Creed this, code that."
The woman quickly turned, walking towards Atin. "Have you thought about yourself for once?" It was apparent that she failed to keep her emotions in check, as Anna's tone quickly rose.

Not even giving any room for him to reply, she continued her onslaught, her index finger tapping on his chest multiple times. "Didn't you tell me once about your life before all this, enslaved as a pit fighter?"

Her voice cracks.

"Servitude for life, what difference does it make?!"

Immediately after her spill, Eloise found herself surrounded by Organas. One of the kids, a boy, started patting her shoulder and asking if she was okay. "I'm fine," she assured him. "Just have a sore... butt." She narrowly managed to avoid cursing in front of the child.

Then Alicio tried to be gallant. She looked at his outstretched hand, then up at him, doubt in her gaze. "No kidding." He'd probably fall down with her if he tried to help.

As she clambered to her feet, still wobbly, she got a distinct sense that someone was watching her. Glancing over her shoulder, she spotted a blonde woman at the edge of the rink. And then she nearly fell again, forward this time. She managed to catch herself, crouching down and bracing her hands against the slippery ice.

At this point she was very close to being over the whole ice skating thing, but stubbornly refused to quit. Using the Force would be easy, but she didn't want to cheat. So she slowly stood up, and tried again...

2.png
"Ouch," August replied, "Is your butt okay?"

Amani snorted. Eloise insisted on getting herself up, albeit with mixed results, despite Alicio's offer. Amani expected as much, but at least the offer was politely shut down, "Keep your knees bent. Don't lean too far forward though," She offered some advice, when she felt August tugging on her sleeve. She looked down, and saw him point towards somebody off the ice. He noticed a figure staring at them, and Amani followed his gaze to find a figure she hadn't at all expected to see tonight.

"Maeve?!" She declared in happy surprise. The Shadow was a good friend of hers, and had long been absent on a mission away from any contact with peers. Amani had gotten disappointingly used to not having her around, but she celebrated as if the woman had returned from death itself. Amani picked up August and stomped off the ice to get a face to face look. She gawked at Maeve for a few moments, then knowing full well she wasn't the hugging type, hugged her always (with August stuck in the middle). "What are you doing here?" The mirialan smirked, "Did you catch 'em?" If anyone was going to hunt down some rogue Sith, it was a Shadow like Maeve.

August stared blankly at the stranger, waving shyly.

BYOO_1.png

The Lens of Tradition
OBJ IV - BYOO
Open to Interaction
Usually, anyone that wanted to frolic in the snows had to go further into the mountains, but when the young Duchess brought the powdery stuff to a more accessible location, Senna became infected with a great deal of interest, and tempered excitement. Ahead of the day, she had spent a lot of time mulling over what she wished to do, and while it would be much too easy to attend a ball, she had attended so. many. such events in her twenty-odd years. She then considered the ice skating, but began to feel wary of it, that she might make a fool of herself and be utterly ungraceful in front of a lot of people she did not know, the more she learned of it. There were many things that the handmaiden Diantha was capable of, but her Handmaiden training hadn't included gliding around on thin blades, on a frictionless surface. Senna certainly didn't have that skill, either. She would surely end up on her bottom uncontrollably, or worse.

That did not mean she didn't indulge in some fanciful thoughts of floating around the ice like the pros. Who wouldn't? But in the end, she opted to stay with her feet on the ground, and after perusing the work of the snow sculpture challenge, she felt inspired to do something a little simpler, a little more... traditional. Putting some distance between herself and the charity challenge, Senna stuck her insulated vacuum bottle of hot tea into a small snowbank, then crouched and began to gather snow together for the start of a snowball. Snow quickly stuck to her woolen mittens, but she continued on from there, rolling the ball around and slowly rising from crouching to bending as the base of the build gained girth. And it was work.

That done, she took a break and went to retrieve her tea, unscrewing the lid, and carefully sipping the hot liquid as she considered the big ball of snow she'd just created, envisioning what her in-progess creation should look like when it was done. While sitting in her thoughts, she wondered how Vizion was doing; she'd heard her younger brother was coming, and she knew what he had been through as of late, but he was a Jedi, plenty capable of taking care of himself. And in truth... nothing had quite been the same once she had learned of where she had come from. It had put a one-sided strain on her relationship with her siblings, from her end.

That she would never get to truly know the woman who had given her life still stung. That nothing had been said any earlier still hurt, but at the same time... at the same time she understood why. Who knew what might have become of her, if not for that one decision made for her sake? She had poured herself fervently into her work in the time since, and maybe that was avoiding her feelings, but... but.... Senna blew out a sigh, as she screwed the cap back on the vacuum bottle, and slipped it back into the indent in the little snowbank.

There were so many days ahead. Why ruin this rare one? Putting on a resolute smile, Senna pushed those thoughts out of her head, and got back to work on her snowperson.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom