Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Winter Gala - Lifeday Event

cy6.png

eDgGQ70.png

Tag: Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren
Objective: Night to Remember

Cybelle was taken aback by the sudden collision and immediately started panic-apologizing before recognizing familiar hands. His quick reflexes steadied her, and his voice warmed her as easily as dawn might chase a frost-covered morning. He would be able to watch her emotions play out on her face as easily as if she'd broken down and explained each one. Surprise—because she hadn't been able to feel him through all these people. Wonder—At how handsome he was in anything including but not limited to a brown paper bag. Humbled—That he had picked her from a crowd of beautiful things.

Loved.

Because even in his sorrow…He still came. He still, wanted to be with her. That was all the gift she needed.

"…Are you really sorry?"

The question was full of innocence while honeyed eyes took in his features in the same way a flower might face the sun. Her hands found their place on his chest and the familiar current she felt when they touched caused her rapidly beating heart to find a steady rhythm. There were so many things she wanted to say. So many things she wanted to do. The clipped fashion in which he wished her a "happy" Life Day broke the momentary miracle that let her chase away storm clouds. Her pure joy simply at seeing his face was reminded of its place. Back, in its bottle.

She settled.

"...Happy Life Day to you too, Brandyn."

Her reply was made with a gentle, melodious tone, that seemed to soften the forced levity in the air. She took another moment just to…Take him in. His presence was everything she needed. It pained her that the reverse wasn't always true but a delicate hand rose to run lovingly along his jaw while angling it toward her. As if she might kiss him squarely, a bold move, from someone who seemed to have more in common with a rabbit. She leaned up on her tiptoes and brushed her nose against his for a moment.

Nothing too long. But close enough that she could breathe his air and express the quiet affection that she'd taken to leashing so as not to overwhelm him. Cybelle let Brandyn initiate. To try and let him decide what he needed versus Cybelle making the choice for him. She stepped back slightly in the circle of his arms while her all-too-knowing eyes drank in his expression. There was an undercurrent of emotion behind his eyes that anyone with a pulse might pick up on.

Cybelle wasn't just anyone.

She saw…Everything he wanted her to see. Everything he didn't.

"Did you see the younglings making snow angels?"

It was an innocent question that led to her arms twining softly around his neck. There were plenty of people dancing around them, shifting here and there, so it wouldn't look entirely out of place. Even under the mistletoe. She might have regaled him of the ice sculptures she saw while she breezed in at light speed, or, chastised him for hiding from her—But the soft curve of her lips showed complete understanding for anything he may require. "…We can leave…"

"…If you'd rather be at home."

Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky

Ryana could sense she killed the mood a bit when she told her story and it made her feel a bit uneasy pip moved in her arms as he began to talk as he looked up at her causing her to smile at him. As cora gave pip scratches behind the ear which pip loved more than most things especially from someone he liked thank you cora it means a lot your a good friend and the vision thing is true but all he shares is how he wants grapes and to be a pain ryana said the last part somewhat jokingly.

Looking at viz as he showed a picture of his pet they are adorable she said as pip stuck his tongue out. In protest as ryana held him he wanted to escape ryana could feel that from him mansion wasn't the best place to let that happen especially with him knowing him as well as she did he tries to come with me but I know a few people who will watch him while im away on a dangerous mission but for things like this i dont mind if he tags along she responded.

2.png

Thus did a snowball fight begin. Eloise was getting fancy with her parries, spin-kicking the ball Amani had thrown at her in midair, scattering the snow. Maeve got involved as well, though the result of her throw shaking the snow from the tree had the Padawan wondering if she’d hidden a rock inside it. Hopefully not…

August’s pitiful snowball didn’t even make it more than a couple feet before it plopped on the ground, missing its mark entirely. Feeling bad, Eloise crouched down beside the toddler. “Hey,” she said, lowering her voice conspiratorially. “You wanna get her? Here, take this.” She handed him a perfectly spherical snowball. “Got it? Okay, pull your arm back like a slingshot…

She held his arm, making sure he cranked it back far enough. “And… throw it!

It really was hard to argue the company before them. Ivalyn fell into step and followed his lead, she caught the light grin that crossed his features and inwardly kept note that it only made him that much more, easy, to be around, handsome even, cute? Sure. Ivalyn knew of Corellia's history and the invitation of having such a wonderful host, "now I must come by, especially if you're to be the tour guide." Alas, that would have to be a planned venture and if his lightsaber was of any indication. Well, he'd at least be good fellow to know. "We'll have to make arrangements at some point."

Ivalyn was enjoying herself, she relaxed in Rik's arms. Her attention still focused on him, for the time being.

The music played on and their dance continued. "I don't typically linger in the Core worlds for longer than I have to," the small confession and then, "but for you I'd make the exception." She kept a look out for her nephew, spotting him picking food out at the buffet, so she'd made a mental note to enjoy the next few moments. "I prefer the Unknown Regions, the Outer Rim, so consider this an open invitation to come by Dosuun if you're ever in the neighborhood, that is."

Dosuun's place in galactic history had already been cemented but it would tell Rik, everything he needed to know.

Eloise destroyed Amani's snowball with a flashy kick, which made the mirialan chuckle. She was then suddenly startled by the other snowball that whipped past her head and struck a tree, courtesy of Maeve. "I knew you had it in you!" It seemed she had gotten through to the Shadow, perhaps a little too effectively. Liana was quick to align herself Maeve, like a true opportunist. While Alicio was temporarily alone, Amani took the chance to huck a snowball at him.

Meanwhile, August was struggling to make much of an impact. He pouted in defeat, and Amani was about to offer him some aid, when Eloise stepped in. The healer just smiled, and let her play the helper. Despite her rough exterior, Eloise was gentle with the boy. With her help, he managed to throw the snowball all the way towards Maeve, though whether it made impact or not remained to be seen. "Yay!" August relished in his accomplishment all the same, looking at Eloise gleefully for approval, completely forgetting she was his initial target in all this. "Did I do it?"

"Do not think I have forgiven you for dusting me with snow earlier," she warned Liana as she jumped to her side. "But, I suppose I'll allow a temporary alliance."

She permitted the little ankle-biter to join her, but given the distraction, Maeve failed to notice the snowball August had thrown. It landed softly on the back of her head, though it was still enough to dash her hair in white, flaking her pristine robes. It brought on a cold chill.

Maeve whirled, and like a drone targeting its mark, she honed in on frail August standing over by Eloise. Seemed the boy had more strength in him than she assumed, and the Padawan more nerve. She wouldn't let either of them get away with thinking they'd won.

"Stay back and observe," she told Liana. "This is how you throw a snowball."

Shoveling up some snow in one hand, she compressed it tightly into a ball and fell into position. Like a contender in a terrifying game of Huttball, Maeve cocked her arm back and sent it flying towards August. Not hard enough to bruise or injure, of course. She didn't want to kill him—yet, at least—but it would certainly catch him off balance… if he didn't avoid it.

salsoren_practice.gif

Bran_Div.png

BranBorder3.png

“Never sorry in the slightest,” he said quietly, just for her ears. His eyes searched her own. Pure white orbs with a tawny centre and deep wide open pupils that strained to take in as much light as they could. Her Hapani lineage made her to have a look of awe. Brandyn liked to think it was because of him, even though he knew it was just genetics.

His fingers gently tipped her chin upwards, while he bent down the required distance to brush his lips against her own. The party about them melted away from his mind. A short breath of a whisper was uttered mid the soft kiss. “I love you always.”

A squeal of delight from some nearby children tore at the moment, and Brandyn’s attention was turned from the embrace. “Yes…yes…I saw the snow angels…and the younglings…I remember doing the same as a young one…”

He winced, not wanting to entertain discussion about the past.

”Leave…no,” he said, hastily cutting off any conversation that might have veered into the topic of yesteryear, “I am right where I want to be.” He lied. But smiled to her nonetheless. It was a small lie. He wanted to be in her arms. That was true. Just not here, and definitely not now.

He stepped back and looked over the gown that Cybelle was wearing. “Glitterstim original?” He said, as he pulled her into a gentle spin. The fabric of her dress billowed ever so slightly. A genuine, light smile graced his lips for the barest of moments before fading back into the forced levity. “Miss Elyance. It won’t be a Sal-Soren that will win ’best dressed’ at this event…” He mouthed a ‘wow’, before spinning her into a half hug at his side. He looked down and to the side to catch her eye. “…I know where my vote is going.” He said with a wink.

”Is there anywhere to dance around here?” He said, “I want to show you off.”

Last edited:

Ryana mina Ryana mina Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky

Cora smiled softly at Ryana and Pip, finding the racyon's chattering cute. "I'm glad to have you as a friend too, Ryana. And that sounds about right for Pip." Knowing how food driven the little creatures were, she couldn't help a quiet chuckle.

The blonde leaned in a little closer to Ryana so that she could properly see the Viz's screen. "Oh, goodness." She cooed at the pair of fuzzballs, eyes sparkling. "They're simply adorable! I'd imagine they must be keeping your mother in good company."

Viz sharing pictures of his pet inspired Cora to fish for her own datapad. Much like Ryana, Cora had a racyon companion. Lula had been a wedding gift from Duke Something-or-Other, and she showered the little pup with attention and treats until she'd become a…very large racyon.

"This," Cora informed them. "Is my darling Lula the Second."

fat.raccoon_fat_raccoon_wearing_ribbon_31698ab9-58f8-4497-a259-f18dadd96006.png
fat.raccoon_obese_fat_round_raccoon_82b2a4fd-74cf-4cd2-b53b-7f41adac39c6.png
fat.raccoon_very_fat_round_raccoon_wearing_ribbon_a0d9e8d2-f8d3-4d78-8d76-af229da3ed52.png

Alicio ducked his head as Amani lugged a snowball at him, letting his coat become a shield against the powdered projectile. It struck him in the chest, and the Count could only bark out a laugh. The cold didn't bother him- but he had a desperate need for vengeance, regardless.

So he knelt, scooped out a couple handfuls of snow, compressed them in his hands, and used the Force just a little to aim as he threw the snowballs where Amani and Eloise would be, and not where they were. However, his brief jaunt into the future alerted him of something else.

"Do not think I have forgiven you for dusting me with snow earlier. But, I suppose I'll allow a temporary alliance."

Liana shot a troublesome smile the shadow's way, before leaning down to form more ammunition. She looked up, however, to watch as Maeve gave her a demonstration of how to throw. The young Lady copied every movement as best she could, gathering up and pressing together a snowball, and taking aim...

"Amani," Alicio barked out in warning to his beloved, eyes firmly on August as he took a few useless steps forward. Even with Maeve holding back, this could end very poorly.

2.png

Eloise had actually been aiming for Liana. Instead the ball hit the back of Maeve’s head. Given the unpredictable behavior of the Jedi Shadow so far, and the look she shot towards them now, Eloise couldn’t help but feel uneasy. When Maeve hucked a snowball at them in retaliation, she instinctively moved to shield August.

The ball hit her in the back, exploding into dust. Maeve hadn’t even thrown it that hard. Relieved, Eloise made a show of falling down. “Ahhh, she got me!” she exclaimed, dramatically feigning her death.

Amani's snowball made impact with Alicio's chest, "Ha!" She yawped victoriously, only making it a few paces sideways before Alicio lobbed a predictive snowball back at her, plopping onto the mirialan's head like a very cold hat. She tried to keep an unamused face, but her smirk was making that difficult. Amani shook the remaining snow off, and brrr'ed.

Meanwhile August and Eloise had managed a hit on Maeve, perhaps for the worse. August continued to dawdle with little sense of self-preservation, but was saved by Eloise before Amani could think to properly intervene. He watched her go down, first in surprise, then he giggled at how she played it. Rather than pick up a snowball and avenge his fallen comrade, August stiffly leaned down and hugged Eloise, consoling her in her loss.

Amani adored the sight so much, it was almost enough to stop her from hucking another snowball at Maeve. Almost. Hopefully Maeve wasn't as distractible as her.

cy6.png

eDgGQ70.png

Tag: Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren
Objective: Night to Remember

It wasn't fair…How he made her heart flutter. Skip. Dance in her chest.

Despite the slight distance in his tone, she could feel his sincerity. No. He wasn't apologetic in the slightest about their current predicament. For some reason Cybelle had assumed that her nose touching his in a butterfly kiss of nearness would have been enough. That the sweetness behind the gesture would have pressed through the fog and carried her gratitude for his arrival. Not for the first time—She was wrong. The auburn-haired Hapani melted in his arms like chocolate in the sun.

A kiss was just as kiss…But somehow? His was always more. His love had a healing effect, settling, and she couldn't help but lean closer—

Until the sound of happy younglings bringing in the holiday broke the immediate reverie. Cybelle had the decency to blush at the public display of affection and her face tucked against his shoulder for a moment.
"I love you.", she murmured openly, honestly. There was nothing but truth in those three little words. She was generally astounded that he felt the same way, had always, felt the same way, and was left with a warm giddiness every time she heard it. Felt it.

Especially, lately.

She tactfully let go of the subject of leaving the celebration, but that came at the cost of having to acknowledge Brandyn's compliments. If her cheeks were already a little pink the shade only deepened at his attention…As it was clear that he knew exactly how to leave her speechless. She couldn't talk about anything too serious when she could barely string two words together. It was a showing of modesty that could be considered unusual from a Jedi Knight that had excelled in all aspects of her training. Especially, that which required humble restraint.

Brandyn…Brandyn made it so that she could barely breathe, barely see, and in the best of ways. She didn't air when he became her oxygen. She didn't need to see, even, in the dark when he was her light.

"…Thank you.", Cybelle responded softly, her voice a mixture of appreciativeness, amusement, and embarrassment. "I'm not sure if it's Glitterstim but Briana did give it to me a while ago…I think for a birthday gift? I never had the chance to wear it but she knows I like flowers so…"

Too many excuses tumbling out with nervous energy.

Her shoulders shrugged cutely in the moment while he spun her about. The fabric flared and for the tiniest second, she wondered if this was life might have been like if her parents hadn't died so many years ago. If she had been raised…Differently. Would things have changed if she hadn't come to his family home as a wayward orphan? She tossed her thoughts out quickly. When Bran pulled her into a half hug…That was that.
"I feel like you're trying to spoil me for some reason…"

"Did we get a cat I don't know about?"

Cybelle knew that the dress was quality, simply, because Briana had chosen it. His sister had an eye for color and all things beautiful. But…If either of them were running for this "best dressed" category that she hadn't known existed till right then? He would have still won. No matter what he was or wasn't wearing. But—He still wanted to show her off? She swallowed hard.

She was showy material?

Didn't he know she was wallflower material?

"I heard there was…Somewhere to dance…", Cy repeated, eyes following a line of people, before her hand slipped into his. There was a large group in the very center of the party seeming to have a good time of it. Waves if chocolate hair hid her discomfiture with feeling so undeserving of his affections and her hand slid into his. He seemed to be feigning enjoyment—For her? Or for him. Maybe for Briana? Cybelle wasn't sure…But if dancing was the evening Bran craved?

She'd be sure he got it.

The young woman led him toward the designated area where couples were swaying lazily to the gentle theme of some wintry tunes. She let him twirl her again, beneath his arm, and they came back together effortlessly. It was always that way. No matter how time and space, even parents, seemed determined to separate them—They always found their way back.
"I'm glad you came.", she intoned gently, though, her hand was quick to curl around the back of his neck.

"I've mixed feelings about Life Day…But it all boils down to hope I think."

And her hope…For better or worse? Was tied inexplicably to him. They were capable of achieving greater things together than they were apart. It was about looking forward toward the future and any sense of possibility it might hold. There were so many complexities in their lives that it was easy to lose sight of simple joy. Simple connections to be cherished. "I can't think of a better way to honor that hope…Then being with you."

"So I'm very, very glad you came."
, She paused - Tawny eyes flaring with a little uncouth amusement. "Also...Dancing with myself sounds...Bad."

"Like...Really bad."

3.png
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

VVVDHjr.png
Wearing: X
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tags: Ivalyn Yvarro Ivalyn Yvarro

Arrangements. Plans. When was the last time he made anything but the most short-term of plans for the sake of a woman’s company? The past many years he had settled on the decision to not get too involved with anyone, and with good reason: the path he had walked was one that left little room for an extensive personal life, and he would have been letting someone down with the unpredictable nature and time it took to grow and see rebellions and revolutions through. It was a painstaking work of commitment to a cause.

And now he was wandering back into something of an unknown. It was hard to tell when the next flare-up in the conflict with the Mandalorians would occur, or if hostilities had cooled for the time being… but the way she relaxed into him, speaking of the exceptions and her preferences had him breathe in and out through his nose in a sigh, his eyes slipping shut as he set this precious sliver of time in his memory, and pulling open in tandem with the out-breath, resettling on the endearing sight of her, as his thoughts went over making that meeting soon, and how soon ‘soon’ could be. No matter where, even if he knew little of Dosuun or where, exactly, it was. He would take the time to know.

Making good use of the holonet. Research in the temple archives if need be. That's what the archives were for, right? Research?

But though he would like nothing more than to make those arrangements as soon as inhumanly possible, in light of such unknowns, and getting the sense that the time they had tonight would feel much too short, the next few weeks were a commitment to time spent with his family, reacquainting himself fully with the world of his birth, and recommitting himself to the Order and the cause of the Alliance; perhaps…

“Once the holidays are through, then,” he affirmed, bringing a hand up, trailing knuckles softly down her cheek, feeling a more than a little unwilling to let go, “in the new year. I’m not a man to make resolutions, Ivalyn, but... I’d resolve to make time for you.”

As much time as he could get.

3.png

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
BALLROOM EMERALD HEIGHTS
GALLO MOUNTAINS NABOO

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Ryana mina Ryana mina

div-orange.png

There were few small pets that were suitable to take out on missions, dangerous or otherwise, and Viz was glad to hear that Ryana didn’t wish to endanger Pip’s well-being, or her own safety by having to mind a raucous racyon when it was crucial that her attention be elsewhere.

But how Cora reacted to Speck and Maisie, endeared by the sight of them, was simply endearing in itself, and undeniably lovely… yet Viz wasn’t about to give that thought air or space, reluctant for his own reasons that had nothing to do with the Ukatian. And some that did - he had felt that wafting in this direction, earlier, and was plenty able to put two and two together. Not that the on-again off-again bond between the Princess and Knight Vyres was at all a well-kept secret.

“They do, I’m told,” he confirmed, glancing at the remainder of the liquid in his glass, “my Lord father and elder brother are often held up late in meetings in the Trade Hall, and with the rest of us out of the family home by and large…”

He shrugged, certain either one of them could fill in the gaps. Bringing his glass almost to his mouth, he paused as Cora presented her own pet, clearly quite well fed. “She looks… very well cared for,” he observed, then obscuring his mouth behind a finishing draw from the glass as some thoughts occurred to him; now, he was no expert on pet care, but… well, how should he put this? “Mind, I would be concerned about the strain that… considerable care might have on her.”

Animals were less equipped to handle the strain of extra baggage on their joints and organs than humanoids were, and even then, there wasn’t a whole lot of wiggle room… so to speak.

He looked apologetic. “Has Lula been seen by a vet?”

Balance help me, Ivalyn thought as she wondered just what she was doing here. It had been a long time since she made any sort plans or arrangements but considering present company. She was keen to keep to her word, even if the galaxy once more saw fit to tear itself to pieces what with the Galactic Alliance seemingly following old habits and once more acting as the galaxy's police. The man could be pulled into any sort of conflict, sent to Balance only knew where. He was cute, handsome, and ... charming? Well. He was certainly easy on the eyes and that helped, a lot. She was certain she sold herself on him by the very trustworthy blue of his suit but when he placed a hand across her cheek. Ivalyn found herself a little more under his spell than she'd like...

She had only just met this man, and there she was offering to see him on Corellia, inviting him over to Dosuun. The sight of her nephew still standing by the table, only now he seemed bored of the food. Told her all she needed at that moment, any decisions she was going to make right then and there would have to be some sort of link to Rik, a way to see him again. When? She didn't know, but she certainly wanted it to be soon. Ivalyn found herself melting into his touch, but a moment later she had to push herself away. I'd resolve to make time for you, while Ivalyn gave him a knowing smile.

The woman dipped her head, an indication for him to follow, her hand still lingering in his as she led him away from the dance floor. When they were clear of the dance floor, Ivalyn waved her nephew over and sent him off to find her something to write with. "Resolve to make time for me?" She repeated the phrase back to him, and let her emotions show as her cheeks flushed, slightly. "Well, consider me, charmed." Ivalyn reached out for the pen and pad that her nephew managed to procure. "Rik, this is my nephew, Iskendyr, Iskendyr this is Rik."

Her nephew eyed the man, studied him really, perhaps analyzing any weak spots he could take advantage of.

"I know we've only just met, and this may seem a little, crazy? But, I feel if I do not take the chance now. There is a high chance I may not see you again, and... After all, we did just agree to make some manner of arrangement, or plan, or..." She was rambling, Ivalyn caught herself, and then cleared her throat. "Rik, these are my contact details," she handed them over, and added with a bit of seriousness, "direct contact. Not my assistant or any one else, mine, and mine alone."

Ivalyn looked at Rik again, and wondered if she had noticed the dreamy, dreamy? Way that he seemed to look? Iskendyr pulled at her arm, "it has been a lovely, lovely evening. Thank you, Rik."

"Auntie," Iskendyr whispered.

"Right, thank you, Rik again, until we meet again," she concluded. Her nephew led her out, and she looked over shoulder and motioned with her hand, like an old Galidraani phone, and mouthed 'call me.'

/exit thread\
Rik Perris Rik Perris

salsoren_practice.gif

Bran_Div.png

BranBorder3.png
“I don’t spoil you nearly enough…but no…no cats, please,” he said quietly In her ear.

He let her lead, and talk, and spin. His mouth curled into a smile when appropriate. His eyes gleamed when they meet hers. Brandyn watched her. He blocked everything else out. It was happier that way.

She was doing most of the dancing, but Brandyn didn’t point it out. He was providing the place to spin and the arm to catch her. However, he stepped aside and let her shine as much as possible.

How was it possible that he would be her hope? It wasn’t long ago that they never expected to see one another again. And now the whisper words of devotion. Brandyn pushed down the grief, and the burgeoning anger that was never far away. She soothed his soul.

He passed on discussing the past and feelings about Life Day. He simply twirled her again, and smiled as she spun.

”I think you dance pretty good,” he said, finally above a whisper. There was a glimmer of genuine humour in his tone.

His hand came to rest on the small of her back, and his other hand took hold of hers. Finally, his feet moved beyond just getting out of the way of her spins, or moving to catch her. His mother would have been pleased that he remembered his lessons.

His mother…

“We need a mission. Or a vacation. Or something,” he almost blurted, “something to take us away from Naboo. I…I don’t want to be here anymore.” This was getting dangerously close to talking about his feelings.

Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky

She had to agree with vizion "Lula looks well cared for cora but maybe you should take her to a vet" ryana said not letting pip ever get that big not that she had to worry about that for a while since pip was super active on his own and ryana watched what the little racyon ate. Or atleast she tried he was too sneaky and mischievous for ryana to always keep an eye on him but it looked like Lula needed to go on a diet and maybe run around with pip a bit after she lost a bit of weight that is. Pip could be a handful for even Ryana to keep up with and she was fit and was used to his shenanigans. Nevermind an overweight racyon but if Lula kept up with pip she'd stay healthy for a long time.

Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky Ryana mina Ryana mina

Well-cared for? Certainly! Lula would never starve in Cora's care, that much was certain.

She was beaming at the compliment, but her face gradually fell into something a little more contemplative when Viz, then Ryana raised their concerns over Lula's extra weight. At least they had been more diplomatic than Colette's direct approach, but that made three…now four people to express a similar sentiment.

Cora turned the screen back towards her, frowning in thought as she scrolled through pictures of Lula over time. Packing on the pounds had been gradual, and something that Cora hadn't really noticed until others started to point it out.

"Oh." She said. "She's quite fluffy but…maybe it is a little more than just fur."

Lula would not like the coming treat restriction.

"Very well. I'll take her to a vet once I get back to Coruscant."

Cora smiled in acquiescence. It was getting late, and she was still wearing this ridiculous costume in a hall of well-dressed guests.

"It's been a pleasure to meet you, Viz, and it's been great to see you two again, Ryana and Pip." She couldn't help but reach out again to scratch the racyon behind the ears. "I'm afraid it's time for me to retire for the evening and burn this outfit."

With a tilt of her head, Cora drifted back into the crowds.

Tink tink tink.

[Exit]

Maeve watched proudly as her blow landed. While the snowball had failed to smack into August—which was an immense shame—it still managed to splash across Eloise's back, and the purple-haired girl fell over in a dramatic show. Maeve was tempted to finish the boy off as he knelt beside the Padawan, but she'd let him mourn. That would teach him.

Pleased, she looked to Liana and nodded. "That is how you deal with—"

Another snowball smacked into the side of her face. Blindsided, she staggered, puffing snow from her lips and blinking some from her lashes. How could she have been caught by surprise again? It seemed she needed to expect attacks from anywhere. From friends, no less.

Her death-glare turned on Amani.

"I'd thought I'd given you enough warning before," Maeve said slowly, "but I see how it is." She rolled her shoulders and brushed away what flakes had settled on her cloak, then scooped up another clump of snow from the ground. The way she was standing, it was as if she was treating this like a duel. "I will do what I must."

Eyes narrowing, she stared Amani down. Then, without another word, Maeve pulled her arm back and threw, this time with a bit more force than what she'd done for August, aiming directly for her face.

"You know," Alicio started, an irritating smile on his face as he saw his attack land, "white looks good on you, love."

Eloise managed to take the metaphorical bullet for August. Alicio let out a relieved sigh, white mist puffing out in a plume from pursed lips. She'd moved without thinking to shield the little boy from a snowball that (almost certainly) would've knocked him over and started the waterworks. The sight, and the commencing memorial service by his son, made Alicio snort a little behind his hand. It was incredibly heartwarming.

Alicio disengaged from the battle, quitting while he was ahead, walking over and taking a seat at the benches by the rink. He was content enjoying the war drama unfolding before his eyes.

Liana clapped her hands excitedly as Maeve threw her snowball, but squealed in delight as Amani's connected with Maeve. "Good throw, Mommy!," the little girl cheered, more interested in encouraging her mom than any kind of team loyalty. Maeve returned fire, and Lia threw her hands up, blown away by how fast it was!

- Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn - Amani Serys Amani Serys - Maeve Linahan Maeve Linahan -

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom