Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Winter Gala - Lifeday Event

3.png

Ivalyn watched her nephew head off toward the snow sculpting event along with a credit chip for donations. She drummed her fingers along her champagne glass. Observing people sipping on the champagne here and there. The gala seemed to be a nice enough event, although the fact that she knew absolutely no one made her want to leave as soon as possible. Just an hour she thought to herself as she turned her gaze and there she noticed a young man looking her way. She concealed the inner smirk that dared to show as he inclined his head ever so slightly and raised his glass toward her.

She raised her own glass toward him and gave a similar gesture in return with the smallest, inclination of her head. Ivalyn held a polite, yet warm smile along her features. She couldn't discern much about him from a distance but his suit certainly stood out to her, a charming shade of Galactic Alliance blue. Balance help her Ivalyn thought to herself, and wondered if he had been in their military. Ivalyn mused on the idea of simply leaving this little happenstance there. Then again, she did have an hour to waste so why not waste it talking with someone who was very easy on the eyes.

Ivalyn would make her way through the crowd and approach him, and along the way just wondered what she would say. Yes, hello, nice suit, really brings out the eyes? What a load of bollocks that'd be. How long had it been since she'd actually been out? "Couldn't help but notice you, names Ivalyn." She greeted him warmly with a smile, one hand holding onto the glass of champagne and the other holding up part of her dress. Ivalyn would only confess that the glass was merely her emotional support glass of champagne.

2.png

Naboo - Objective II
Alicio Organa Alicio Organa - Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn

Whatever challenge was raised between the twins seemed to have been forgotten all over again. Liana was babbling incoherently to her father, while August was back to his original antics. He had restarted a bit more conservatively as he got used to his mother's guidance, but he still got excited by the other skaters, and was suddenly jumping excitedly, almost leaving the ice a few times as he did, "Careful mister! You're gonna hurt your self," Amani winced, doing her best to make certain she didn't fall over for a second time, "Just like momma did a little bit ago…"

"Fly!" August cried.

"Trust me, sweetie. Flying isn't that fun."

Amani was yanked around by August, and she saw the unmistakable frame of her padawan meandering around the ice. She took more direct control of her son, for the sake of a conversation, though it didn't keep him from wriggling defiantly. "Eloise!" Amani called out, having just seen her glance this way. She beckoned with a hand, giving August the chance to take back some freedom, "Wanna join us?"

Amani and Eloise had their ups and downs, but she cared deeply for her padawan. The young woman didn't have family around for Life Day either, and after their spat overlooking Exegol, all the more reason to try and make her feel as welcome as possible. "C'mon," She coaxed, as if the decision was already made.

3.png

Tags: @Open

-

They see me rollin.. Negative. They should NOT see me rolling. That wasn't truly an option though, was it? Of course not. M33P wasn't equipped with a cloaking device. That would be preposterous. A droid, of its size. Completely illogical. Instead however, M33P did have something else. Camouflage. An extremely small, bright red Life Day hat sat angled on it's upper right corner, light panel blinking in reds and greens and whites. It was almost like M33P was supposed to be there.

With a quiet hum it weaved its way between the feet of a multitude of people. First zipping left, then right, then pausing as a staff member rushed past before resuming its course.
Course where? Unknown. That might be important, determining where to go. Oh yes. My Mission. Processing. Processing. Processing. Processing. No Data Located. Re-assess.

M33P found it confusing, why these organics gathered in such large groups. Was it to pass along data? Was it to somehow increase their processing power? Was it for replication? Surely the strange movements of hands and legs in sync with music had some greater purpose than simply to do so? Highly inefficient.

BEEP BOOP!

A shrill chirp echoed from the droid as it cut a corner just a little too tight, two wheels lifting up off the ground for a brief moment before thankfully finding purchase against the smooth floor. That was close. M33P had tipped over before and it was not an experience it wished to repeat. Slowing its rate of travel, M33P scanned the room. First for faces, perhaps those in attendance could tell it the purpose of this celebration, perhaps he could then extrapolate its purpose here. Then M33P scanned for a place to insert its scomp link. Maybe further data could be mined to provide a clearer picture, a better understanding of the events unfolding across the grounds.

Albrecht

A
“This outfit is pretty close to what I usually wear, just in two pieces, rather than one. What’s so immodest about it?”

Albrecht's brow wrinkled. What sort of degenerate garment was as tight-fitting as that, but all in one piece? He didn't even want to think about the existence of such a thing. "It covers the body, but it... It might as well be painted on!" he replied. "I can see the outline of... well, everything. Besides, aren't you cold?"

Given how his usual interactions tended to go with non-Ukatian women, he supposed he was lucky this one wasn't screaming at him or worse. Some avoided him as soon as they heard his accent.

Izara 124221

I
Attire: X
Objective: Frost Fantasy
Tag: Albrecht

Izara looked up. Then, she looked down. A frown formed across her features.

"I can see the outline of... well, everything. Besides, aren't you cold?"

“I suppose that depends on your defintion of cold. For me, no, I'm not cold.” She explained.

Then, a pause.

"What is everything?"

Last edited by a moderator:
3.png

A Night to Remember
Atin Tracinya

"There are a lot of important people here today, so we're trying to keep security tight. But there's always a few holes. A quiet balcony, on the third floor, for example." Raising her eyebrows, she quickly responded. "Oh? Show me this spot then."

"I can't do that ma'am,"

"Ah,"
She sheepishly nodded, just realizing that he was trying to discreetly hint at a specific meeting place. "Thank you for the warning." Anna promptly turned around and navigated toward the third floor. Going to the balcony wasn't particularly hard, fewer guards were positioned there and her appearance didn't look suspicious at all.

Waiting for the man to appear, the huntress leaned on the side of the balcony, looking at the moon. It was then a voice came behind her. "What are you doing here?" Upon hearing his tone, Anna quickly replied with an insult. "What am I doing here? I put a lot of effort sneaking here to get you out of that Jedi's shackle, you nerf herder."

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, her tone lowered, almost like a whisper. "It's been months, Atin." She explained, motioning toward the party below. "Don't tell me you want to live the rest of your life like this, unless you're into it."

She slowly walked closer to the man, urging him to go with her

"Let's just go, leave this place."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Aris let out a sigh by the end of it. He lowered his hands, letting the red glow fade in them before reaching onto his hip to pull on his gloves again. He could keep himself warm, but it wasn't a good idea to let himself use the Force too much when he was still making sure he knew how to use it. He stepped back from the crystal display of ice and snow, smiling ever so faintly as he did. It was exactly what he envisioned. Which meant he wasn't really hiding his smile at all this time around. "Good job, Seszil. Mom. I think we'll win."

Kahlil nodded once, smirking as he reached out to pat the top of Vera's head. "Yes, we can turn it on now. Why don't you? And try not to spook mom. She might melt it, you know."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Outfit: Tux

Weapons:
Objective: A Night to Remember
Tag: Closed | Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

His hand was snatched away from Rik, before he had the chance to shake the man's hand. Now, usually, Gatz might have found that a little annoying. But the snatcher in question was Lossa, and even if she wasn't having a rough night, he'd have let that slide. Frankly, he was giddy like a schoolboy that she was holding his hand at all, but he kept that under wraps by plastering a surprised look on his face.

"Welp, bye Rik. Bye Eloise. See you around?"

And then he was stolen... but it wasn't so much 'stolen' as it was 'freely given.' It had been his idea, after all. So Gatz happily let Lossa guide him away, only furrowing his brow when he watched her snatch yet another glass of alcohol. But what right did he have to say anything about that? He'd only downed three drinks of his own, because he was miserable himself.

"Lossa... you're staying here tonight, right?"

It was her cousin's manor, after all. There were plenty of guest rooms. Gatz didn't like the idea of her trying to go home on her own, or worse, with someone they didn't know. And not out of some misguided sense of jealously, but simply because at the rate she was drinking at, she was going to be wasted in an hour or two.

"What if," Gatz began to pitch, as she led him out to the snowy courtyard, "instead of us drinking and being miserable, maybe we try talking and being less miserable?"

Last edited:

2.png

Naboo
Objective II
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn - Open -

Alicio smirked, seeing August go back to his dreams of aviation. The twins were competitive, as any siblings so close in age would have been, but they'd certainly inherited more even temperaments from their parents.

"And then... walk... slow..." Liana mumbled, narrating exactly what she was doing. "Nnn'... dooon't... faaall..."

"Good idea, baby." Alicio complimented, causing the little Organa to break her frown of concentration with a proud smile. "You're doing great."

"Eloise!"

Alicio looked up to Amani, then to where she was looking, to see the tall padawan. Alicio smiled slightly, then twitched his head to the side, as if to welcome her in. His introduction to the purple-haired Dinn was... rocky, at best. Since then, he couldn't decide if the best thing to do was to try again, or... let her be free of him. It looked like fate had decided they go with option A.

He also realized, staring at Eloise, that she probably didn't have many people to be with for Life Day. Of course, she could share this moment with them.

Last edited:
2.png

"Eloise! Wanna join us?"

Too late. Amani had spotted her. Eloise froze, looking at her master like a deer caught in headlights. Alicio also seemed to want her to join them. After all the chit that went down with the Eye, she was surprised he wasn’t more leery of her. She’d certainly gotten an earful about it from Amani.

Well, it wasn’t like she had anything better to do or somewhere else to be. In fact, she was quite tired of feeling like a loser with no friends, and for all her complaining about Life Day, she knew she’d probably enjoy it at least somewhat if she had people to celebrate with. There was just one problem.

Eloise shot her master a don’t-push-me look before calling out, “I don’t know how to ice skate.

3.png
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

VVVDHjr.png
Wearing: X
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tags: Ivalyn Yvarro Ivalyn Yvarro

He hadn’t been expecting that she would do anything other than reciprocate his gesture, but when she made to move in his direction, weaving through the loose knit of attendees, he momentarily felt self-conscious, tipping his head to glance down at his suit.

“Maybe she was right…” he uttered under his breath.

The colour he ended up wearing tonight had been his mother’s advice, despite her knowing where he stood, a gesture of the sincerity of his intent to return. Meeting people hadn’t exactly been the aim of it in his mind, but he wasn’t about to complain. Not at all. Nor had it ever seemed to be much trouble to meet others when it was his intent, but he never let that fact inflate him. After the brief check-in with himself, Rik then picked right back up where he’d left off, following the woman with his eyes as she progressed around people. When she was close, and she spoke first, the warmth that infected his smile couldn’t be helped.

He gave a one-note laugh, spreading his arms just a little, giving his suit another downward glance, “Guess I do stand out, huh?” In a sea of men largely bedecked in classic darks? Of course. He’d have worn the same as them, otherwise, no word of a lie. His head lifted back up, but only so much that he might truly drink her in from this much closer vantage point. “But you? Wow. It’s hard to look away. His smile threatened the start of a grin - smitten? A little. “And I find myself not wanting to.”

Honest? Very.

“Name’s Andrik,” he was quick to follow that up, “but most just call me Rik. You from around here, Ivalyn, or…?”

That name was just as lovely to say as it was to look on her. His memory of what Nabooians sounded like was limited and otherwise worn by the separation of time. He’d only made a brief stay planetside in Theed, figuring himself out after departing the Alliance all those years before, and outside of that, Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren was his only other reference, but that encounter was a few years ago, also.

Last edited:

Amani smirked, "That's alright. Neither do these two," She wiggled August's arms, and nodded to Liana. The boy only just now seemed to catch notice of the very tall purple-haired girl, and gave her a toothy smile, "Hello!" He greeted cheerfully.

"There's some extra skates over by the wall. Give it a try," She pointed towards the edge of the courtyard, but gave Eloise at out at the same time, "Or at least hang out with us. We can skate by the edge," In case she wasn't feeling the effort, it showed Amani was still happy to have her around. She looked to her husband for additional encouragement.

3.png

div1.png
"We can't solve everything in just one night. We'll work on it again tomorrow, together. But right now?" He squeezed her hand and started pulling her along towards the dance floor. There were others around them, familiar faces even, but Aiden was in a world of his own with Briana, and politely ignored them all. As fun as it could be to gather up into large groups to socialize, he wanted to share a moment just with his girlfriend tonight.

He was sure that people would understand, given everything that happened in Briana's life. If they didn't, they weren't worth her time to begin with.

"Have I told you that you look beautiful tonight already?" He asked with a stupid, Corellian grin, after turning around to face her again. This time, he took her hand, and pulled her close with his second hand at her waist. She was a far better dancer, but without telling her, Aiden had gotten himself some lessons.

He was ready to lead their dance.

"Careful not to step on my toes, hm? Those heels of yours would hurt," he teased and started to sway along to the music with her held close. His green eyes connected with hers, and all he hoped was to draw her out of whatever plagued her mind, and have her focus on him.

2.png

Naboo
Objective II
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn - Open -

It seemed Eloise needed a little extra convincing.

Hearing her family greeting someone new, Liana also finally looked up, waving a stiff arm as well. "Hi!"

Alicio let his small smile fall, but the warmness didn't leave his face. "Lia is a very good teacher," he said, gesturing down to his daughter. In response, the half-Mirialan waved both her arms, still wobbly on her skates, but standing all on her own. "I help!"

Let's try again, Eloise.

clawcraft_snow_sculpture.png

Naboo, Objective III
Tags: Braze Braze

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

"You must think I'm a total idiot."

"Oh, don't be dramatic," Jalen frowned. "I don't really care, I just said you should think a little more. You're not an idiot, you just talk faster than your brain turns."

It wasn't malicious, just done without thought. He was a kid, after all. A sigh escaped his chest as he leaned back a little. He sucked at this whole giving advice thing. Maybe he'd just leave all of the wisdom-telling mumbo jumbo to Jasper. He was way better at talking to people than Jalen was anyways.

"You got me there. But hey, isn't two-on-one a bit unfair?"

"Life's unfair," Jasper noted. "He's blind and I'm missing an arm, so I say it's even."

"That's really stupid logic," Jalen remarked with a grin.

Jasper just shrugged, returning back to the snow sculpure. It was almost complete. All he had to do was attach the last of the wings, which he had frozen in advance to help them keep their form.

"Eh, whatever," he responded. "He's gonna be stronger than me anyways. It'll all balance out. Karma or whatever."

Despite the beckoning of the Organas, it was their kids who ultimately convinced Eloise. They reminded her of her younger siblings with their cute antics and awkward balance.

She made her way over to the wall with the extra skates. There was indeed a pair of skates in her size. Convenient. Her clothes were another issue, as she wasn't dressed for this, but she also happened to have a pocket wardrobe on hand. She clutched one of the colored pebbles in her hand and the magic did its work, changing her outfit to something more practical.

A few minutes later she was cautiously making her way out onto the ice. Almost immediately her ankles decided to give out on her, causing her to fall on her ass. She tried to get up, long legs wobbling as more experienced skaters sped past her, only to lose her balance and fall again.

3.png

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
BALLROOM EMERALD HEIGHTS
GALLO MOUNTAINS NABOO

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Ryana mina Ryana mina Open

div-orange.png

The shift in Cora’s demeanour was exactly what he’d hoped would happen - it was an ingrained part of him to shift perspectives to a better light, redirect, and generally make another’s day just that little bit better where and when he could. This was supposed to be a night for people to enjoy themselves, however much they were able.

“Cora,” he near-mouthed, his gaze drifting away for a faint sliver of a moment, committing that to memory, his attention flicking back just as quickly, then turning over to the other padawan, “Ryana, and… Pip, was it? Your pet looks like quite the handful.”

He had been listening. Observing. And he understood something of what it was like to have gone through what happened to Utakis; though what his family’s homeworld of Brentaal IV had suffered occurred before he was born, he had gained a considerable enough idea of how it felt, by proxy, when Naboo had been the subject of a cataclysm over three years ago. That was an unenjoyable path of conversation that he didn’t want to tread, right now, of course.

“I hail from Brentaal IV, but I was born in Theed,” he replied when returning to Cora, “Spent most of my childhood here on Naboo before I left to train as a Jedi when I was eight,” it was his own fully-informed decision - he was a second son, not slated to inherit the Lordship, after all. His family had returned to Brentaal IV sometime thereafter when there was something to return to, shifting assets back to their ancestral holdings, and resuming operations at close to their usual scale. A short sip, and he resumed speaking, “Both are home to me, in their own way, but my childhood here is how I came to know the Duchess Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren .”

Receiving her direct invite, rather than falling in with the general Jedi invitation had been nothing short of a surprise, all things considered. It was hard to say exactly where he stood with her, but that was a friendship he hoped to recover to whatever extent could be established. He was in a place now where he could leave it at that. It had been more than long enough. Viz gave a cordial smile, and looked from Cora, to Ryana, and back.

“Have either of you had the opportunity to meet her?”

Last edited:

3.png
Objective: Make it through the Party
Equipment: Dress, Heels
Accessories: Bracelet, Echo Stone
Tags: Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar

She didn't spare either Rik or Eloise much more than a glance as she left them to figure out their evening.

Rain rain come and stay, come and rain on my parade.

The champagne was quickly downed, eyes darting to find the next servant she could see when Gatz asked her a question. Peeling her eyes away from their hectic scanning to stare at him.

"Yeah. I've got a room. Drinking and flying is a horrible idea." Even with her own voice playing against her and buzzed, she was still able to think somewhat sensibly.

Turning to face him as he lobbed the idea her way. Eyes a deeper shade of rose than they usually were as she pondered throwing the empty glass at something. She was numb, as numb as she could be as the cold started to dance across her skin. Brow furrowed in a scowl while she twirled the glass in her hand.

"What did you want to talk about? Because alcohol is definitely helping keep the edge off." She was trying to cool herself off, trying to keep calm as her own taunting voice played back in her mind.

GZYmvrk.png

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Outfit: Tux

Weapons:
Objective: A Night to Remember
Tag: Closed | Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

Man, she was really downing champagne at an alarming rate. Like, he should probably find her a chair within the next couple of minutes, alarming. Gatz only hoped that stepping outside would put a buffer between her and the alcohol. Unless it was being catered to the courtyard too, in which case he was doomed to fail. Maybe he could convince her to retire early?

Eh, Gatz figured it was best to take it one step at a time.

He looked her in the eyes, as she turned to address him. They seemed... harder than usual. That made sense though: Gatz could feel the tempest of emotions swallowing her whole. Even now, she was antsy, fiddling with the glass in her hand and looking for another. Gatz had plenty of bad days himself—hell, he was near permanently miserable.

But this wasn't miserable. This was... was tortured. And to fight it, Lossa was trying to be as distant as possible. He understood that all too well, too.

She was still holding his hand though. So he gave hers a squeeze, if only to ground her for a moment. Gatz wasn't really good at this kind of thing: at comforting people. Usually he was the one in need of comfort. But... he could do all the things he wished someone would do for him, and maybe that would be enough.

"Let's just... talk," he said softly, "I haven't seen you since the museum on Coruscant. What have you been up to? What's next for you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom