Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Winter Gala - Lifeday Event

cy6.png

eDgGQ70.png

Tag: Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren
Objective: Night to Remember

“—I’m so…So late. For force's sake—”

Cybelle was rushing through the hallways of the grand residence at what some might consider “break-neck speed” while the auburn-haired Knight merely considered it haste. She nearly tripped when the nanites of her armored robes slid back up her slender form and converged into the jade bangle that was ever-present on her wrist. Boots with extra friction-grip had kept her from sliding across perfectly polished floors but the heeled shoes of her evening wear?

Not a chance.

Fate smiled on her when she recalled in the moment that she wasn’t just late for a party but that she was a Jedi Knight late for a party—And her momentum came to a staunching halt just outside of the ballroom. Thankfully, while she walked in, no one seemed to notice that her cheeks were flushed or that long brown hair was just a little too “free” for the perfectly curled coif. It was clear that something had been done to cause waves in normally pin-straight tresses…But what? The universe may never know.

She let her hand fall over her heart to calm the rapid beating.

Why was she so worried about a Lifeday Event?

Things had been so complicated in the last year that she had scarcely found time to breathe let alone take a moment for frivolity. Careful hands smoothed down the off-ivory dress that was artfully splashed with crimson flowers that were precious to Naboo. The detailing was dense at the top and thinned out as it moved in a downward gradient. It was eye-catching and was most definitely not something Cybelle would have chosen on her own. Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren had insisted it be added to her closet which felt let eons ago…But Cybelle had never worn it. Too bashful. Too…Reserved. Even though it wasn’t scandalous in the slightest there was something about it that made her feel foolish. Too gangly.

Especially when surrounded by people that seemed to shine like starlight.

Still…It seemed fitting, somehow, to trust the advice of her friend. Even if they hadn’t spoken much in the wake of…certain events…taking a toll on everyone they knew. Her latest mission had kept her occupied for longer than expected but she was determined to try and embrace the festive atmosphere. She carried herself with a poise that was oft a dead giveaway that she had some sort of formal training. Her Hapani roots would slip in, slowly, with the night.

The darker it got—The less she could see.

Cybelle’s eyes scanned the crowd with a pale sense of wonder. If only because the sheer merriment was almost overwhelming. How was she expected to go from life and death situations to something so lavish as this? The party was boisterous, to say the least. Regardless of her lateness…Still in full swing.

Maybe no one would notice.

She made it a careful gave of avoidance and omission when it came to the mistletoe that had been strewn about by some psychotic Life Day decorator. Every time she looked up—There it was. Looming ominously overhead. How…how was she supposed to avoid that forever?

Regardless of the statistical impossibility…She tried. With tawny eyes narrowed at the ceiling, it was entirely possible that she missed the force signature of someone very important.

At least until she walked right into him. ( Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren )

2.png

Naboo
Objective II
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn - Maeve Linahan Maeve Linahan -

Alicio stayed tangentially aware of Amani, Eloise, and Maeve as he found a place for him and Lia to skate. He was glad the three of them were meeting up- the Shadow was similar to his wife's padawan in many key ways. Maybe she could get through to the teen were Alicio could not.

Or maybe they would be at each other's throats. The Count honestly didn't know which would happen.

Right before the group met up, however, Alicio felt a disturbance in the Future. Thinking quickly, Alicio picked up Liana, kicking up a bit of ice as he took a step away from the nearest bystander. Without a moment to lose, Eloise's fall caused a catastrophic chain reaction around the rink, that civilian's bladed foot kicking out where Lia's leg had just been.

Immediately, the toddler in his arms began to sniffle, a little scared from the suddenness of it all. "Shh, shh. It's okay, Lia. Hey, guess what?"

"...Hwah?" She seemed curious. At least, curious enough to distract her from starting to cry.

"There are people that need help, now. Do you think we can help them?" Already, Alicio was assessing the worst of the spills, trying to decided if anyone needed immediate assistance. Thankfully, there were no major injuries, from what he could tell.

"Y-yes." She stiffened her lip, and asked to be set down. Father and daughter passed themselves around the stumbled skaters. Alicio let his hands rest around a boy's bruised forehead, pouring soothing healing into the wound while Liana offered a comforting mittened hand on his shoulder. He helped a few people to their feet, sealed up a few minor cuts and welts, and let Lia field the thank yous and well-wishes.

Talking to Maeve would have to wait... just a bit longer.

2.png

Surrounded by the bodies of those she had felled, Eloise did her best to rise up with the confidence of a victorious conqueror. In actuality she was on the verge of tears, mortified by the scene she had caused and very much wanting to run away and hide. But if she tried that, she most certainly would’ve fallen again—and this time the resulting destruction might prove catastrophic.

She stared at Amani as her master introduced her, then turned to Maeve. The blonde had cracked the ice to keep herself standing, forcing it to bend to her will. Eloise wasn’t sure whether to find such behavior dangerous coming from a Jedi Knight, or to admire her tenacity. At the very least, it was… refreshing, for a change. “I wish that I had thought to do that,” she said, gesturing to Maeve’s skates embedded in the ice.

"Everyone okay?"

Fine,” Eloise replied with a forced smile. She could see Alicio and Liana skating around helping people in her peripheral vision, as well as sense the Count’s use of Force healing. “I should probably get off the ice before I inadvertently kill someone.

"She's a good student. Reminds me of you, in some ways," Amani smirked between the two of them. Of course Eloise was probably mortified by this whole experience, and she couldn't blame her. Perhaps for her own sanity, it would be best to stay off the ice for now.

"Can always find another time to practice," Amani tried to frame it all casually, not shifting blame and hardly even addressing the mess. But next time, they probably ought to try some where devoid of other skaters, "Unwind a bit. We'll probably be done skating here soon anyway." Amani gestured to a bench near the rink, then began helping up some of the nearby folk who had fallen down. August still clung to one of her arms, making the process a bit more complicated. She looked over to Alicio and Liana across the ice, and made a similar gesture towards them, signaling it was probably time to wrap up their ice skating adventure.

3.png

A Night to Remember
Atin Tracinya Atin Tracinya
"Worry for your own feelings, Anna,"

"Isn't that what I'm precisely doing right now? Worrying for my own feelings?"
With an offended expression, Anna wiped her tears from the side of her face, before suddenly delivering a small punch to his chest. "Stupid. Idiot." She mumbled under her breath.

She took a step forward, grabbing his collar and pulling the man's face closer to hers. "War is still raging. What if the Jedi sends you somewhere dangerous?" Knowing well that Atin is the Jedi's property now, and fully expendable. "What if you never come back?" Or worse. What if they have to meet on the battlefield?

Waiting for his response, she then released him, before slowly walking, with the intent to leave the balcony through the stairs. "I'll be leaving in an hour." The huntress stopped, letting him know. Atin is hardheaded, but it would be foolish of her to not try. "Find me outside if you change your mind."

She turned and looked at him for the last time, wiping the rest of the tears once more.

"And I really hope you do, Atin."

"I should probably get off the ice before I inadvertently kill someone."

"That would be wise," Maeve said, still surveying the disaster left in Eloise's wake. Now, even if it was an accident, she had to wonder just what other calamities this girl was capable of…

Already, Maeve could see the makings of a fine Jedi Shadow.

"She's a good student. Reminds me of you, in some ways."

"Oh, please," she told Amani. "I am not clumsy, if that's what you're implying. What you saw just a moment ago was done completely on purpose." She huffed and crossed her arms. "And no, I will not explain why it was. Just know that it was."

A dreadful excuse. Of course, Maeve would never admit her little fall on the ice had been an embarrassing mistake. She was far too proud for that.

"Anyways," she added, eager to move on from the subject, "I agree it would be best if we retire from the ice. It's clearly not fit for skating." One glance over to the other scattered guests said enough, and while Maeve had suffered the rink for no more than a minute, she already had more than her fair share of the wretched place.

Without another word, Maeve marched towards the bench outside the rink, still leaving sharp, stubborn splinters in the ice wherever she went. Anchored as she was, she helped a few guests up as she went, though only out of pity. What else could one expect from her?

Ivalyn's gaze remained focused on Rik, she listened as he answered. Bang on for the Alliance, then. She inclined her head in agreement when he mentioned not going to such events. Most of these were a farce, in her opinion, but as he succinctly put it there was this. Whatever it was, a unique opportunity perhaps. "Quite," she again, agreed it was indeed nice, "especially being here in such delightful company." When he looked back at her, he asked to dance. Placing her drink on a floating tray she accepted his hand, "absolutely." There wasn't anyone nearly as dashing in the room anyway.

She certainly hoped Iskendyr was getting along alright, and figured, he'd come and find her when he was bored enough. Hand in hand, Ivalyn moved with Rik, she let him lead, "Don't believe I've stopped over for more than a connecting flight on Corellia," she began, and continued with, "clearly I need to stop by more often." Ivalyn gave a cheeky smile.

2.png

Naboo
Objective II
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn - Maeve Linahan Maeve Linahan -

Alicio was just pulling his hands away from a young woman's jammed finger, with a cordial nod, when Liana tugged on his coat. "Daddy? Mommy." The Count peeked up, and saw that he was being summoned. Alicio turned towards them, leading Lia slowly by the hand.

"Okay, lovely," the Count murmured, pulling the girl along. "Let's see what you've learned."

Slowly, but surely, father and daughter made their way over to the Jedi. Alicio let their pace crawl at times, despite Amani's beckon, to make sure Liana had time to enjoy the trek. She seemed to, at least through the Force, though the senator could hardly tell from the concentration on her face.

Finally, they made it to the edge of the ice, and Alicio was able to greet Maeve with a warm smile. "Hey, Maeve. It's good to see you again. Things have... changed, a bit, since you've been gone." The man smirked good-naturedly. He wasn't friends with the Shadow, not like how Maeve and Amani were friends, but the Count held a great deal of respect for her. "Liana, say hello!"

"Hi!" Lia seemed just a bit braver than her brother, standing up a little taller. "I skating!"

3.png

Objective 1: A Night to Remember
Anna Carden Anna Carden

"Isn't that what I'm precisely doing right now? Worrying for my own feelings?" Anna echoed Atin's words, glaring at him as she wiped away some tears from her cheeks. A small impact suddenly struck his chest, Anna's fist striking him whilst she muttered some insult under her breath.

Anna grabbed his shirt with surprising strength, pulling the man down to her level. Atin could feel Anna's breath on his skin from this distance, hot against the crisp cold air. "We're Mandalorians, Carden," Atin half-snarled at the woman, offended by the implication that she thought he should not fight. "Danger is our business. Our way of life. I will fight wherever they send me. And if they send me to fight our people I'll walk away. But until then, by Creed, I'll fight, and if that Jedi gets me killed in the process, nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la," Atin said, quoting the old tribute and lamentation. Not gone. Merely marching far away. How far had Atin gone already though, he wondered.

She stared back at him, eyes searching his face, for what, Atin didn't know. And then she released him. Anna began to walk away, pausing only to say, "I'll be leaving in an hour. Find me outside if you change your mind." She turned to look at him, as if it were the last the time they'd see each other. Where Atin had already buried any hope of seeing home again six feet below the ground, Anna had yet to do the same. "And I really hope you do, Atin."

Atin watched Anna leave, the last time he'd see her, before took a deep breath and returned to his post.

2.png

"She's a good student. Reminds me of you, in some ways."

Eloise raised an eyebrow. Maeve didn't seem keen on the comparison, calling the Padawan clumsy, but Eloise was willing to accept it as a compliment. "There have been worse things said about me," she muttered with a smirk, though her smile soon faded.

They all agreed to get the hell off the ice. Eloise clung to the edge of the rink for support, while Maeve continued to anchor herself by forcefully cracking the ice with every step. Amani kept trying to help people as she passed them. Eloise almost offered to help carry the little boy, since it was obviously awkward for her to multitask, but quickly thought better of it. She'd rather not add her master's son to her list of casualties today.

Alicio arrived with Liana just as Eloise finally sat down and removed her skates. Her ankles were sore from falling repeatedly on a hard surface, but she was otherwise no worse for wear. "What's next?" she asked. "Snowball fight?"

Maeve immediately jumped to the conclusion that Amani was comparing her and Eloise's ice skating inexperience. Though that was another thing they had in common (even if Maeve denied it), that was decidedly not what she was trying to convey. The mirialan made a face that, though not accompanied with words, clearly said zip it. Eloise didn't really need the verbal acknowledgement, but she seemed to take the original point in stride. "Good to see your adventures haven't changed you too much, Maeve," Amani smirked.

Alicio joined them on the benches soon enough; Amani was helping August take off his skates, while the Count caught up with Maeve, and Eloise offered a suggestion of her own, "Well, if everyone's still up for it, I don't see why not," Amani encouraged, "What do you think, sweetie? Wanna throw snowballs at Eloise?" August looked at the Padawan sheepishly, still not quite used to her, but then looked at his mother excitedly and shook his head.

"It has," Maeve told Alicio. "I'm glad you and Amani are still together though, so it seems much is still the same. Except for your children, of course. They're so… old now."

She looked down at Liana. The little girl was pale-green with a splotch of Alicio's complexion over one eye, and she stared up at her with a toothy grin. Like August, she was almost cute.

Well, for a child.

"Now, aren't you brave?" Maeve said, kneeling to her level. "I can already see a great deal of your mother in you. I'm sure you would make an excellent Jedi, in the future." She side-eyed Alicio. "Or a Senator, I suppose. Which wouldn't be half as interesting but... acceptable."

She stood up and raised an eyebrow. While a lot had changed, Maeve's blunt attitude and singleminded devotion to the Jedi, clearly, had not. "You are still a Senator, no?"

Whatever Alicio's answer, she caught Eloise's suggestion as they all settled outside the ice and she found herself resisting the urge to snort. A dangerous idea, that was.

"The children would not survive a snowball fight with me, I'm afraid," Maeve said. "So I will have to decline." She offered another weak smile. Last thing she needed to do was traumatize the twins so soon after meeting them, especially in front of Amani.

2.png

Naboo
Objective II

Alicio flashed a signature half-smile, looking between Maeve and Amani. "For the record, I'm glad, too. And the twins are growing up fast for me, as well."

Liana grinned even wider as Maeve got down on her level. "Brave," she agreed, before flexing her plyboard-stiff arms. "I Jedi Liana!"

For his part, Alicio could only smirk. "Still a Senator. And still trying to figure out a way to make playing 'public official' a fun children's game."

Alicio pulled Lia over to the edge, next to Eloise, kneeling to help get her skates off. Talk of a snowball fight made the girl's face light up, and the mild-mannered half-Mirialan got a devilish glint in her eye. The Nobles' influence, no doubt.

So just as the Shadow was finishing saying she would not be participating, Lia had already snuck two fistfuls of snow into her gloves, and tossed them with reckless abandon. One becoming powder mid-air, and threatening to dust Amani, August, and Maeve, the other threatening to lightly sprinkle Eloise's colorful hair. Liana giggled mischievously, tugging on her father's sleeve as she rocked to her feet.
"Daddy, help!"

2.png

"Still a Senator. And still trying to figure out a way to make playing 'public official' a fun children's game."

Literally just introduce her to Leia Organa,” Eloise muttered. “Or any of the other female politicians throughout galactic history that were total badasses…

Liana immediately became excited at the mere mention of a snowball fight, whereas August was a little more cautious. Mainly he seemed uncomfortable with the idea of playing with Eloise, whom he did not know and who was a lot bigger than him. Maeve declined on the grounds that she might hurt someone; after seeing her crack the ice, Eloise could believe it.

Eloise crouched down and packed a handful of snow together. Then, looking at Liana’s head relative to the size of the ball she’d just made, she quickly halved it into two smaller snowballs, which she threw at Liana and Alicio.

Last edited:

3.png

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
BALLROOM EMERALD HEIGHTS
GALLO MOUNTAINS NABOO

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Ryana mina Ryana mina

div-orange.png

When the Twi’lek spoke up and injected the weight of her reality into the conversation, Vizion was slightly taken aback - there was no way he could have known, and the facts dimmed his smile, to an almost-line of sympathetic concern. It was easier to set aside his own challenges, at least temporarily, when another was struggling.

But as the other woman’s friend, Cora took to comforting Ryana with ease; there was little he could say or do, when she had it well in hand. So at the very least, he offered Ryana some warmth in his expression, as he thought on whether there was anything he could do, in any way, while the blonde informed a little on what was believed about Ryana’s pet.

Yet this information sent his thoughts inward again, faintly pulling his brows together, his gaze becoming distant. What would a racyon think of what he had seen? But it was only a sliver of a moment before he was snapped out of it, when Cora asked him a question.

“Hm?” He sounded, blinking, refocusing, “Do I?” It took him a moment, being caught off-guard, then he came back around, “Oh, yes... a voorpak,” he answered slowly, his expression becoming a touch awkward; he scratched somewhat thoughtfully at his jaw with a finger or two, “but Speck seems to have taken a shine to my mother more than myself after I had to leave him with her for the sake of duty.” Then he went for the comm device in his pocket and thumbed through until he found a picture of Speck, in his full and fluffy mottled white and orange glory, nuzzling up to another voorpak, with blue-grey fur. Both of them small enough to fit into pockets and sleeves for warmth. “This is him.”

He indicated Speck with a soft tap on the photo. He’d adopted the diminutive little guy after the Cataclysm that had rocked Naboo in recent years.

“The other one is my mother’s voorpak, Maisie.” Vizion looked up from the picture, to Cora and Ryana, “They’re native to Naboo, but I think he’s happy there on Brentaal, with one of his own, honestly.”

He turned the device back around, momentarily looking at the image fondly, before darkening the screen and slipping his comm back into his pocket.

“I visit when I can - voorpak aren’t suited to bringing along on missions,” then he looked to the Twi’lek, “Does Pip go everywhere with you?”

3.png
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

VVVDHjr.png
Wearing: X
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tags: Ivalyn Yvarro Ivalyn Yvarro

Rik similarly abandoned his glass on the same passing tray as Ivalyn agreed to a dance, placing her hand in his; his fingers enveloped her finer digits, and he guided her out onto the floor amongst the other dancers.

It had been a good number of years since he’d asked a girl in any way so close to formal, but he slipped into the role easily once they were out on the floor amongst the other dancers, placing his other hand against the small of her back, and leading her into the dance.

“Hm,” he sounded in agreement, “can’t argue with that,” his gaze locked on Ivalyn, held close as she was, beautiful, “but don’t let the stereotypes fool you,” he cautioned, a light grin beginning to seep back into his expression, “we aren’t all reckless.”

Corellia couldn’t have flourished and become as strong as she was, otherwise. Couldn’t have pressed on, through all that she had suffered in bygone times. Her people were strong, principled, courageous, loyal… Rik pulled Ivy just a little closer. Bold, perhaps.

“Might be I could show you around a little,” he put forward, “if you do come by.”

And if he was even there. There was always that - being a Jedi, plans could be fouled up at the drop of a hat, not to mention that Coruscant was the centre of the Order.

Amani matched Alicio's smile with one of her own. Yes, it was good they were still together, wasn't it? The idea that the wouldn't be was far more preposterous, but Maeve's deadpan observations made her a far more effective comedian than she would seemingly ever realize.

"Still the best Senator in the chamber," Amani rectified, her bias on full display. But she liked to think even disregarding that, he would still retain that title. Playing senator might not have been as 'exciting' as playing Jedi, but the work was just as, if not often more, valuable. Eloise suggested introducing the story of the Organa's near-mythic ancestor, which Amani agreed with by pointing at her padawan; Although the point and look became a slight warning when Eloise finished by swearing. They might still be a bit too young to understand the nuances of Leia Organa's relation, but one day, perhaps that story could offer some inspiration.

"The children would not survive a snowball fight with me, I'm afraid," Maeve said. "So I will have to decline."

Amani chuckled, "If you're afraid of losing, Maeve, you can just say so. We won't judge," That said, if she believed anyone here could play a lethal game of snowball, it was Maeve by far. Liana was already at work, and Amani had practically just turned, when she and August were dusted by light snow, not quite in ball form by the time it reached them. August made a defiant noise, and Amani blew the snow from her lips, "I see how it is," The preemptive strike had started a war. Eloise threw a pair of snowballs at Lia and Alicio, while the other Organas began assembling their ammunition. Amani threw one high up, sailing down towards Eloise's head like a mortar. August threw his, and it traveled a few feet forward in a harsh downward arc, plopping into the snow without any casualties.

"Still trying to figure out a way to make playing 'public official' a fun children's game."

"Good luck with that," Maeve said with a short laugh. The career of a Senator seemed about as appealing to her as a pile of bantha excrement. Politics, parties and speeches? Sounded dreadful. There was only one kind of diplomacy she liked to practice, and it only involved a lightsaber and a bit of brute force. Any child, if they were wise enough, would surely agree.

Although, most children were anything but wise.

As snow dusted her face thanks to Liana, Maeve scowled. She brushed a few flakes off her shoulder and fought back the urge to lunge into battle, but resisted. She wouldn't be tempted by something so small. She was stronger than that.

That was, until Amani decided to open her mouth.

"Afraid of losing?" Maeve scoffed. "Of course not. I don't lose. I never lose." She had adventured from one corner of the galaxy to the other, killed countless Sith, and fought in some of the most vicious battles the Jedi had ever seen. She wasn't afraid! No, far from it, and despite Amani's words, she would not be intimidated by some snowball fight.

She huffed, and after several long moments, Maeve gave in. As the battle started in earnest, she scooped up a ball of snow and, cocking back her arm, hurled it at Amani with terrifying strength. Of course, that was only a warning shot, and it would sail narrowly past her, shattering against a tree, enough to shake some snow out from the branches over her head.

Maeve planted her hands on her hips, then smirked. How's that for a start?

salsoren_practice.gif

Bran_Div.png

BranBorder3.png

Was it bad that he had seen her across the room and said nothing. Probably. But he liked seeing her when she didn’t see him. It was an affirming experience watching someone so sweet and endearing in their hustle and bustle. She was still who she was around him, no guile in Cybelle at all.

Her collision was manufactured entirely. He had been masking his presence in the Force for the whole event, lest Briana know he was here. That combined with his purposely walking to where she would intersect with his path. Yeah. Manufactured.

Her speed was enough to push him back a step and a half. His reversal cushioned the impact a little, but he made sure to grab her waist to prevent her from falling backward. “I think that stuff means you have to kiss me,” he said with a shrug, “sorry.”

The levity felt forced. His eyes still betrayed his hollow core. Just this morning the frame on his wall had flashed images of family Life Day memories. He didn’t own a memory frame now. His hand still hurt a little.

Brandyn was dressed simply. Well, simply for a Sal-Soren. The clothes probably still cost a months wages for a local labourer. The white collarless coat hugged his figure before flailing slightly from below the waistline. The stiff fabric restricted his movement just a little, but leant him an air of the official in spite of the surroundings. The royal blue trousers had a nearly unnoticeable pattern woven into them, that of Brandyn’s birth beast the Bursa.

”Happy Life Day,” he said in short clipped words.

Last edited:

2.png

Naboo
Objective II
"Still the best Senator in the chamber."

Alicio casted a loving smile his wife's way, eyes twinkling like stars. He knew his job would never be as exciting as a Jedi's. Even with reframing the accomplishments of politicians of old, senators would never be quite as cool to a toddler as a lightsaber-wielding defender of peace. Despite all that, he knew his work was important, knew the impact he could make.

Still, a little affirmation from Amani didn't hurt. It helped quite a lot, in fact.

That wouldn't keep him from destroying her in a snowball fight, of course.

Eloise was the first to return fire. Sure, the Count could have used his constant battle-sight to gain an edge in the battle... but where was the fun in that? The Count let the padawan's throw hit him on the forehead, though he couldn't help himself from letting a lazy hand bat bat the snowball headed for Lia up and away. "Hey!," he exclaimed back, taking a moment to pack a handful of snow, and return fire.

Meanwhile, Liana had seen just how hard Maeve could throw, and decided she wanted the scary Jedi on her team. The little girl trundled over behind Maeve, giggling all the way. "Yeah! Get Mommy!" Lia piled snow into her hands, and heaved it at August. Her throw had a similar affect to her brother's, this time plopping on the ground before reaching it's intended destination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom