Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Winter Gala - Lifeday Event

The Bloodsucking Philanthropist
"We each do what we can to ensure a better future, I'm certain..." Sera replied with practiced ease. Not enough for her psychologist database to work with, though Sera was memorizing all the subtle muscle twitches that Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm didn't consciously realize was on her face.

"Providing housing and employment for the refugees is only a small step in the process to help stabilize the Alliance after the loss of strategic resources on Thyferra. My intent is to generate alternatives to having all the Alliance's eggs in such a delicate basket. It's why I intend to open up trade schools all over the core, similar in intent to the Nytesmyth Academy funded by my company on Susevfi. I don't want to just make sure these innocent people have a job and a roof...I want to make them able to face the future with the necessary skills they will need. They get helped, and then they go on to help others who are in the same boat."

Sera , as well as her..."mentor", Nathan, were endlessly fascinated as to how carefully worded humanitarian responses shut off the brains of the Naive. Was Holly naive? If she asked hard questions, she was dangerous, and Sera would have to be wary of her...or start pressuring her bosses.

After all, the job could be everything to her...

"Miss Starstorm...I am afraid I can't help but be curious... given the scale of what is needed to help the refugees, what do you perceive as the best way to help them? There are more ways than money and resources...though I confess the former two are very effective..."

Time to see if this Starstorm had a brain...if she did, it was time to be wary.

But Sera would keep up the humanitarian, carefully crafted persona, the question hitting every human note of sincerity...

OBJ I: A Night To Remember
Tags: Sera Mina Sera Mina

Holly listened politely as the CEO described plans to further help the refugees. It was good to see people in the galaxy willing to help. Of course these efforts had been covered to death in the news, but it was nice to hear the full story from the original source sometimes.

"Miss Starstorm...I am afraid I can't help but be curious... given the scale of what is needed to help the refugees, what do you perceive as the best way to help them? There are more ways than money and resources...though I confess the former two are very effective..."

That was an interesting question. Many people never bothered to ask Holly questions. They always assumed she would do the questioning. It was an odd change of pace.

“I think your efforts are wonderful. Many people can’t worry about other things if they don’t have food and a place to live. Once the base needs are met though I would turn toward the psychological ones. I’m sure these people have been through hell. The mental tole of losing your whole life, your loved ones, your certainty for the future, I can’t even imagine. But one person can’t do it all and you are doing more than most.”

STgd8bs.png

TAGS: @Open

7rAn52s.png

"I'm not sure I have one, really," said Raphael to the man behind the bar. The Senator and Planetary Governor didn't consider himself an expert when it came to Life Day carols, in fact if he was being honest with himself, he found most of the songs people chose to sing... irritating. Far be it from him to be a grinch, however. Let them have their fun, they deserve it. And so, he did. "Ah, thank you sir," he said, retrieving the glass offered to him. A mulled wine, expertly blended. Raphael could smell the spices coming off the steam of it, scents of home and comfort flooding his mind's eye as he relaxed his shoulders. It was nice to be, at least for one evening, free of obligations.

The decorations were good though, he had to admit. Here they were loud, complimentary, festive - on Anaxes, things tended to be a little bit more droll. Function over form. It's a respite, he told himself. Respite is what he'd needed, it's what everyone had needed and part of him hoped that there wouldn't be too much happening on the war front over the holiday.

Dressed in ornate attire, Raphael's clothing was clean, crisp, and fit like a glove. An embroidered jacket atop an outer tunic, clasped with gold fittings down the center. Regal, with a touch of authority - garments worthy of his station. Of course, he was certain by night's end he'd have left his jacket at least with the coat check. These things tended to progress as the night went on. Speaking of, Raphael noted a twinge of hunger. Ah, food. It was getting to be about that time and the realization dawned on him that the last time he'd eaten was nearly eight hours ago on the flight here. Time to rectify that.

7rAn52s.png

Serrin

S
3.png

Objective I: A Night To Remember

TAG: OPEN

Nightsister Serrin had recieved the invitation on Dathomir. She had never celebrated Life Day, and she was excited! She set out a fine dress reserved for ritualistic ceremonies:

EA22BF5F-B4C1-47FC-83D8-7AAD116B8198.jpg

Putting on the golden heels, she began to walk towards her shuttle, wobbling. It was difficult to stay steady and she felt as if she had become a giant, hovering over the droid that piloted the ship to Naboo.

The Witch Craft cane out of Hyperspace over The Naboo and descended into swirling Green Sphere. Her course was set for The Gala, The Hall and The Witch set down near it at a docking area, where she opening the cockpit, held her heels and descended the latter. Her barefeet touching the cold stone pavement, she then put those golden shoes on and attempted to walk. She closed her eyes, her white silvery hair flowing in the wind as she called to Spirit Ichor, and her body became outlined in peridot green glow. Then with a breath she took a step and then another, opening her eyes she saw Ball Room and approached. Some Naboo Gaurds in oyster helms stood, their leather green and one who had metallic eye patch approached.

“Invitation?”

The Nightsister held out a finely made envelop in red with hilded edges. The Captain opened it and looked at the paperwork.

Very good, proceed.

He handed her back the invite and entering in she was overwhelmed by the smells of apple cider, succulent meats, and the powder of sweets. Her eyes were equally dazzled by the ornamentation and opulent Gala, it was adorned with golds, reds, and greens, and great spaces were made for dancing, and lokg tables for feasting. Nothing on Dathomir was like it! There was a fir tree and it was adorned in lights and decorated with garland. She approached it, its smell so soothing, as she touched a branch with her grey white hand, and fingers which had darker grey lines that made her index, middle, and ring finger almost black. She felt the needles, which made her smile, on Dathomir there was nothing like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

2.png

Tags:
@Open | @Open

-​

Definitely not his usual haunt. What was his usual haunt though? Finn didn't have a good answer to that question. Generally around Life Day the Jedi Knight would find himself headed home to Dantooine to spend time amidst the forests and terrain he'd learned so well as a child. Even now he knew the land well enough to travel it without any sort of guidance other than his internal compass. It had been years now though, since the man had been back. The endeavors of a Jedi were continuous, fighting day in and day out to make the galaxy a better place. Well, sometimes fighting, other times the stakes were much lower, the work more monotonous.

This, however, was something new. Who would have thought to strap metal blades to one's feet, and then slide across ice on them?! Despite Finn's plethora of knowledge of the outdoors, this 'skating' was something he was entirely unfamiliar with - of course his pride wasn't about to let him worm his way out of acting like he knew what it was.

Tightening the laces from where he sat on a bench, he grimaced inwardly as the shoe squeezed his foot tightly. Are they supposed to be this uncomfortable? he thought to himself. With the final knot complete he wobbled to his feet and took a few steps on the rubber floor. Okay.. this is.. interesting. With each step he felt just a little bit better and by the time he reached the edge of the massive skating rink he had a smile on his face. Now the hard part, I guess. He stepped one foot forward first, placing the blade on the ice, then the other, hands out to his sides. Holding his breath, he wobbled for a moment before straightening back up to a standing position. "Whew, okay, now what I wonder?" he said to himself.

We will either find a way, or make one.
I learned from my mother and father, but I am not them!
jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
SECTOR: Life Day party
MISSION: BYOO
TAGS: OPEN
BYOO_1.png

Well, I’m here. He said to himself, slowly walking up the path to the main house. It’s not that he did not want to be there, but again this was going to be a party where he just walks around silently. Connell didn’t like being so shy, but he did not want to impose on others and just walking up to people who did not invite him was that to him.

Yes, Mother, I’m being ridiculous. He shook his head thinking.

There was not much here to be involved in, sure, there was the snowmen being built, that was always fun, but what else? Then he saw them, three little “tweeners” running around throwing snowballs at passersby. They were great with the stealth as no one seemed to see them.

This could be fun after all.

As the trio were targeting a couple that were enjoying the moonlight one of them felt the impact of a snowball slamming them in the back of the head. The snow was lightly packed and soft so as not to hurt. It was still annoying to him though as he was looking around for the one responsible amid his friends laughter.

3.png

Tags: @Open

WEEEEEEEEWOOOOOOOO!!!!
The world spun, sensor data melding together into a near unintelligible blur as M33P's processors struggled to keep up with the data it was receiving. What was life? What was death? What did it all mean?! Are we all just dogs in God's hot speeder?! Thoughts spun faster than the droid, faster than its wheels as it tried to gain traction. Oh. Right. Chunk In an instant the spinning stopped, high pitched squeal following as M33P's wheels suddenly went from round to angular. Sharp metal points had extended from each of its four, bringing the droid to a halt on the ice. There we are. Now. Where was I?

The Droid slowly began its roll towards the edge of the ice rink, barely able to hop the edge back onto stable ground. Now that it was free of the bladed feet and ultimate hazard, tipping over, it could go about its day. Well, it's mission really. Wait, what was it's mission? Oh boy. This was going to be interesting. Unfortunately for the little droid, it'd deleted that particular cache of information in efforts to increase its processing speed due to its untimely traverse across the skating rink. Not good, not good.

M33P was going to have to try and extrapolate what its mission was by scouring its other stored data, and fast. It knew the repercussions for failure wouldn't be good. Right? Consequences were rarely good and the odds of them being positive given the data forgotten were not high. .000001% to be more precise. BOOP

With a chirp and a whir, M33P set to wheeling towards the main hall of the gala. Perhaps something there would jog its memory.

"You're absolutely right, Miss Starstorm...one person can't do it all...but we can certainly give it the old college try." she finished with an easy, friendly smile.

RESULTS INCONCLUSIVE. FIELD EVALUATION NECESSARY.

Sera blinked at the information from her organic databases. Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm was going to be harder to fully assess than she thought. Oh well...it'd be a first, real chance to test how manipulative she could get. She had at the very least figured out Holly was more used to being the one questioning. Sera would have to question her at every available opportunity in order to keep her off her game.

If she could get a big time reporter like Holly on their side... people listened to her.

"I will consider your stance on mental health. That will be a significant avenue. Tell you what, I would be just delighted to have you aboard one of my Cargo Haulers to give you a tour of how I am approaching my objectives..." Sera said, handing Holly her business card with gloved hands.

"Contact my secretary. You're network would be the first to be aboard..." Sera encouraged. "It was wonderful meeting you."

Now if that isn't baiting the mouse to the cheese, nothing is... Sera thought to herself.

3.png

A Night to Remember

71xgxLNlzUS._AC_SY879_.jpg

Tink tink tink.

The tiny bells sewn into her outfit clinked merrily as Cora hugged the edge of the ballroom, absolutely mortified at what she'd been convinced to wear.

It was Vera who'd told her about the party. Vera, who'd convinced her that it was a Life Day themed dress-up event, and that every other guest would be attired similarly. They were not. They were clad in elegant gowns and fine suits, glancing at the blonde in her garishly green-and-red dress, appropriately accessorized by a pair of nauseatingly striped stockings and an ugly, festive hat. At least the boots were cute, but were decidedly not appropriate for a lavish gala.

If she'd taken the time to examine the invitation herself, Cora would've gone with the glittering cream dress or silky blue number she had stashed away in her closet. She would've fit in. She would've enjoyed her night.

Instead, she tried to edge her way from one end of the ballroom to the other, intent on finding Vera and giving the Noble gremlin a piece of her mind.

Jingling all the way.

Tink tink tink.

Last edited:
OBJ I: A Night To Remember
Tags: Sera Mina Sera Mina

“Oh thank you. I will tell my editor and chief. I’m sure he will be delighted.”

Holly accepted the business card and put it in the small clasp bag she had brought. She pulled out her own business card and handed it over to the CEO. It contained her contact information at HNN.

“I hope you enjoy the party.”

Holly didn’t want to take up too much time from the CEO. As a reported she had gotten used to speaking and moving on, unless she was in the throws of a story in which case she because a down right difficult pest. But this was supposed to be play not work.

If only she knew how to do that.

2.png

Naboo - Objective II
Alicio Organa Alicio Organa - Open

Life Day season was Amani's favorite time of the year. She loved everything about it; The decorations, the music, the festive spirit that seemed to put everyone in just a slightly better mood. It filled her with a cozy, nostalgic warmth that could temporarily envelop her entire personality into one of Life Day cheer. The Organa household was the first in their building to be playing Life Day tunes every year, and the decorations went up at earliest acceptable moment.

Tonight, however, wasn't spent at the Organa household. They had been invited (along with the usual Alliance suspects) to a celebratory holiday event on Naboo. Amani was happy to attend, not only to spread her Life Day proselytization elsewhere, but also because Naboo held particularly fond memories for her and her husband. A return was long due, and this time, they could bring the kids.

Both Alicio and Amani had their fill of fancy galas as of late, so rather than linger in the ballroom, they were devoting much of their time to the courtyard, "C'mon…" Amani cooed, holding Liana's hands to help her balance as they slowly slid onto the ice. They were trying to teach the kids how to iceskate, and both son and daughter were dressed to the nines in humorously thick, padded coats and protective gear, just in case. "You can do it!" Liana seemed quite confused by the experience, wobbling to and fro on the ice with wide-eyed perplexity. Amani chuckled, but wasn't quite a master herself. Balance came more naturally given her sixth sense, but it didn't stop her from almost eating ice a few times.

"Where are my boys at?" She glanced back at Alicio and August expectantly.

Albrecht

A
2.png

Objective 2
Tags
: Izara 124221
Albrecht first saw the newcomer out of the corner of his eye as he skated past her. She was quite small, and he initially took her to be a young girl, perhaps about the same age as his little sister Lilette. She stepped cautiously out onto the rink and seemed to be getting the hang of it, but upon trying to imitate his figure eight she went too fast and fell flat on the ice.

Suppressing a smile, Albrecht circled around and stopped at her side. "Are you all right?" he asked, offering a hand to help her to her feet.

Once the man stopped and looked at her, Eloise quickly realized he wasn't just agitated. This guy was pissed. Luckily, he didn't turn his rage on her for asking.

"I'm not really feeling the holiday cheer, and it's better if I leave before I make any trouble for our hostess."

"Yeah," Eloise mumbled. "Life Day is sort of a lame holiday anyway. Very consumerist and 'family oriented'. But if you don't have any family to celebrate with, you're left out in the cold."

Amani probably would've let her hang out with her and Alicio and their two little kids. But that didn't feel right to her. She wasn't part of their family, she was just Amani's student. Pretending it was any different would be phony, not to mention extremely awkward.

"Now, the holidays back home, they actually had something to celebrate..." She trailed off. "Sorry, I don't mean to keep you from leaving."

3.png
Objective: Make it through the Party
Equipment: Dress, Heels
Accessories: Bracelet, Echo Stone
Tags: Closed - ( Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar - Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn - Rik Perris Rik Perris )

The door to the meeting room opened as the Sal-Soren advisor slipped away, avoiding the largest part of the gathering with a swift exit through the unoccupied corridors.

Lossa drummed her fingers along the tabletop, staring at the list.

Thoughts far and away from this place as the dull sound of joy and merriment pierced the door. One hand continuing the slow rhythm she had found while the other rubbed her eyes more out of habit than need. Was this what Briana felt like now? She'd have to send her cousin a decent gift to let her know the Zeltron appreciated her.

A deep breath in pushed out with a grumble as the seat squeaked, scooting back from the table as her heels clacked against the floor. Her slow walk to the window giving time to compose the emotions she felt.

Sanna's properties were hers now. An official claim to Naboo and a family she had only truly began learning about just a few years ago. One she felt horrendously unprepared to be a part of, let alone help. The window fogged under her breath, her form sheered between the reflection and the mist that covered it now. Another calming breath as she steeled herself for the event kept at bay by the doors.

Lucky lucky.

Rich red orbs stared back from the window as her eyes opened wide. Jaw clenched as she stared at a twisted smile wearing her face.

"Go. Away." The calm dropping away as she gripped the edge of the window.

No can do boss lady. Her own face sneered back, blurring the two images together.

"Then shut up."

Mmmmmm-no. Can't silence your own thoughts. Her brow knit together, confusion plain as her own laugh seemed to echo in the room.

Oh. Oh Force. You thought. Ha! Oh this. This is rich. The sneer grew as it settled once more to blur the pink color of her eye into the red hue. Another time. You've got to put on a pretty smile and wave. Go put on a show, you pretty. Little. Liar.

The image blurred, and only the cackling laughter remained before it faded into the sounds beyond the door behind her.

The window frame creaking beneath her grip as pain seeped into her form. Every fiber of her being tense and rigid beneath the shaking that had taken hold. The urge to run and hide tempting as she stared into the normal rosy color of her eyes. Fog spreading as she let a breath loose and forced her fingers to let go of the frame.

The indentations left behind scaring her.

Her own mind tumbled with conflicting thoughts. The want for guidance strongest among all of those roiling clouds of worry and anger. Ire settling at the mental image of that little Sith Healer that she'd fought. Corva Yag the only thing that came to mind as she stared at her hands. Stock still before a barely audible rapping on the door sent dread lancing through her.

Had someone been listening? Heard her? Maybe felt her emotions? How would she explain-

Her eyes shut tight, hand rubbing the bracelet as she let her mind dive inward. A hook into each feeling that swirled around her heart that was drug deep into her core. Leaving her numb and hollow before she felt comfortable answering the second knock.

"Come in." Voice barely loud enough to be heard as the door cautiously opened.

"Are you finished in here? I'll begin cleaning if so. Or I can-" A footman poked their head inside as she flashed a brilliant smile. A familiar dance of pretense and fallacy as her face lit up. It was the holidays. Everyone was happy. Everything was fine. She wasn't troubled. She wasn't adrift nor was anything amiss.

"Oh I'm sorry! I didn't know I was keeping you! Pardon me!" The footman lifting a placating hand up as she passed him by, watching him enter as the smile disappeared. The bland line only lasting until she found her way back to the large gathering area.

She could hear the dancing, laughing, merriment.

Her stomach developed a twisting knot with each step closer to the gathering. Dread and worry blooming in her chest as the gathered bodies came into view, the first few faces that glanced at her lingering. Her mind racing with thoughts as her body acted without her. The smile she wore nothing more than a pleasing facade. The idle greetings, hollow compliments, all just to speed the evening along.

The work put into her hair, selecting a dress, and measuring up to the Sal-Soren display a weight on her shoulders now.

The sensation of cold in her hand shaking her mind free of the blind, passive blank it had worked itself into. A flute of champagne held there as she lingered at the fringes of the gatherings. Eyes moving in a slow arc across the assembled bodies to figure out where she had entered and passed by in case she had missed something.

"Show my face. Make a good appearance. Slip away. Call it a day. Go fething hide." Laying out goals for the evening while emptying the drink in one go and moving to find another with haste.

GZYmvrk.png

2.png

Naboo
Objective II
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Open -
"Where are my boys at?"

"Your boys are having issues, love."

When the Organas had first arrived, August had taken one look at Albrecht 's figure-eight, and immediately got inordinately excited. Pulling against his father's hand, he could barely make any words between his fits of excited laughter "Fly! Fly!," the boy blurted out, as he pointed towards the ice, his limbs stiffened by a hilarious amount of protective gear.

It had taken longer for Alicio to get August's skates on than it had taken the girls, on account of not being able to get him to sit still. Once they had finally gotten on the ice, the boy immediately started running. Which caused him to slip.

Thankfully, Alicio's fatherly future-sight had him already holding onto the little Lord's hand, the fall only causing him to swing from his dad's arm.

Apparently, August thought this was the most fun thing he'd ever done, because he kept doing it. Intentionally throwing himself forward, only to be caught and swung by Alicio, shouting "Fly!," all the while. For his part, Alicio firmly held both of his son's hands, to make sure he was safe.

"August, you're afraid of butterflies, how are you not afraid of- hey!" Of course, he did it again. Alicio hauled him back to his feet, the half-Mirialan giggling all the way

"I think you got the easy twin today, Amani."

Last edited:
Sera nodded and flashed Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm a smile before heading off to mingle with the locals...

A lot of small fry's. Moguls. Members of the government. Obscure millionaires. Billionaires. It was crowds like this that caused her mentor to reason him being the secret head of a billion credit company wasn't so outrageous.

Eventually, Sera found herself wandering the Gala, right back to the courtyard. That was where she spotted Alicio Organa Alicio Organa and Amani Serys Amani Serys .

Sera quietly approached, but kept a respectful distance, clearly understanding he was enjoying time with his family and not wanting to take too much time. Nathan had been keen on getting Alicio aboard for his plan to provide for the refugees, this seemed as good a time as any to extend feelers.

"Senator Organa...Master Serys..." she called out in a pleasant and friendly manner. "I'm Sera Mina. I'm the CEO of Bacta-Works. I'm told we have a mutual desire to provide aid for refugees. It's regrettable it's only now I've had the chance to meet with the both of you. It's an honor."

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Outfit: Tux

Weapons:
Objective: A Night to Remember
Tag: Closed | Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl Rik Perris Rik Perris

Bitter misery burned in him, every second that he was halted. Gatz didn't want to stay and chat with some stranger, he needed out—

"But if you don't have any family to celebrate with, you're left out in the cold."

Just like that, his fury vanished, replaced with guilt. Guilt, because he wasn't the only person suffering from loneliness during the holidays. Guilt, because here he was, nestled inside of a warm mansion, lamenting as if he was the most miserable man in the galaxy. There were people freezing on the streets tonight. There were people who didn't have the luxury of attending a fancy socialite party, where food was served aplenty.

And he was going to claim that nobody cared? This party was for the Galactic Alliance, of which he wasn't member. For the Jedi Order, of which he hadn't been a member in fifteen years. And for the nobility of Naboo, of which he was most certainly not a member. All three of Briana's lists of invitees, and he didn't check a box for a single one of them.

Yet, here he was. Standing in her home. She probably hadn't inked his invitation personally, but she'd made damn sure that he'd gotten one. Maybe Valery didn't care that he was alone for the holidays, but Briana obviously did.

He had one friend looking out for him—literally all the time, in fact. Maybe that was enough.

Gatz had been about to ask the purple haired woman her name, when he was assailed by convoluted mass of emotions—that were neither his, nor Briana's. Loss, hopelessness, anger, hate, resentment, self-loathing, guilt, betrayal—an insane amount of negative emotions that made even his bad days look peachy.

Lossa? He both felt and saw her at the same time. Felt her through Briana, but it was like listening for a sound at the edge of his hearing. Saw her strutting at high speeds in a dress that, in literally any other circumstance, might have made him turn as red as his jacket. At the moment, though, he felt only concern. Much like at the museum on Coruscant, Lossa was deeply disturbed.

Gatz still wanted to leave. He was still miserable. But, unfortunately, he cared an awful lot about Lossa. And he couldn't just walk away when someone needed his help. Especially someone important to him.

It just wasn't in his nature.

He turned to the purple haired woman again, this time to politely excuse himself, but stopped short. She needed help too, in a way. In the same way that he did, in fact. And how could he lament about loneliness, and how none of his friends seemed to care, only to turn around and walk away from someone suffering from the same thing?

"You know," Gatz started slowly, "I was going to leave, but I just spotted a friend of mine. Why don't you come and meet her with me?"

Gatz turned and took a few strides toward Lossa, who was downing champagne at an alarming rate. His stride became just a little faster.

"Psst." Gatz plastered a smile on his face—a genuine one, to his own surprise—trying to get the Zeltron's attention, "you know, if you keep downing drinks at that pace, Briana's gonna have to carry you home."

Open with a joke. That's what everyone expected from Gatz Derrevar.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Not all of the Thousand Fountains. There's far too many rooms to try and do that. But the entrance to the gardens. That'd be good." Aris crouched down, idly starting to form the snow they'd need to make their sculpture. Barehanded, at that. There was a slight glow in his fingers as he heated the snow just enough to melt the outside so it'd freeze onto itself. Keep it's shape better, especially for carving once the base shape was down.

"There's not a thousand fountains there. So it'll be more manageable."

"I'm sure we can, yes. Once we figure out what exactly we want him to do."

A life sized Yoda would also be easy, since Yoda himself wasn't actually that tall. He pulled up the snow, already sculpting the head while tracing the runes he'd need into the snow itself. Chuckled as he glanced to Vera.

"Don't worry, we'll win."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

3.png

A Night to Remember
Atin Tracinya Atin Tracinya

Security was tight, but it was a given since the event was open to the public. By public, they mean "members of the Galactic Alliance", not a part of an opposing faction. But since she wasn't here to cause any trouble on this merry, happy day, so far her effort to blend in was a success. Keeping her eyes out for a particular someone, she wandered around before spotting someone standing guard in front of the ballroom archway, his face as serious as always.

Alright, there was another layer of security to be able to enter the ballroom. Made sense since the nobility was here, but the thought of a Mandalorian man standing by to check on the guests and provide security in the Galactic Alliance party almost made her burst into laughter.

She decided to make her way there on purpose.

"Hey mister,"

Suddenly appearing in front of him was a woman in a simple black dress and her short hair tied in a bun, showing a side of feminity that was never quite apparent behind the beskar or the training gears. "Why the sour face? Not enjoying the party?" Anna sarcastically asked while discreetly winked. Atin would not have expected her to be her, not in a million years.

AmeTemp.png
LET IT SNOW

Equipment: Attire
Vice: Chandrilan Cigarra
Tags: Open

It had taken some doing and a fair bit of talent for the woman to finally find a place in the mansion that was somewhat secluded. No more prying eyes watching her every move, nor was she pushing yet another indolent individual away as they attempted to kiss any female that has the unfortunate experience of passing under an archway with mistletoe hanging above. She had finally found a place where she could be alone with her thoughts, and it didn't matter that it was on a balcony far away from the others; it was perfect. From where she had recently claimed as her perch for the night, she could easily see down over the courtyard and watch as individuals took to the ice; whilst also clearly seeing the snow sculptures take place without any additional effort on her part or need to strain one's eyes.

There was a reason for this behavior, and the reason would remain her own for the moment as she permitted a soft sigh to escape her lips. Her breath condensed in the air, a slight white cloud the only sign that she was indeed alive as the cold and bitterness of the air didn't seem to bother her in any way. Slipping her hand into her pocket, she rummaged around for a moment before carefully removing what appeared to be an ornate aurodium lighter from the depths of her jacket. Normally she would have imbibed her usual preferred drink, though considering that it had the potential of freezing outside of a warm body or container, she found another vice to pass the time. Her other hand, in the meantime, fished out a cigarra from her other pocket as she took the moment to bite the tip from the end.

Naboo, Amelia had lost track of time, of how many years it had been and how much the planet had changed. The last time she was here was years ago, perhaps thirty or more from her reckoning and her memories; though memories were often faulty things. With the cigarra firmly between her teeth, clearly showing no regard nor care if anyone happened upon her and noticed the fangs that were on display, she took a moment to carefully light her momentary vice before flicking the lighter close and taking a deep puff. Her golden-yellow hues fell upon the courtyard below as she watched those that had gathered and allowed a smile to momentarily grace her lips before she returned to her activity at hand.

The planet had fallen all those years ago, and with it, the Confederacy. Everything that had been hard fought and hard won had been wiped away just as though an individual had wiped the slate to start anew. In that time that had passed, from what she could currently see, it seemed that those that had been left behind rebuilt and risen once more. Part of her told her that she should have stayed behind, that she should have remained to help rather than disappearing into the unknown of Wild Space. However, she remained resolute in the decision she had made, and now, all these years later, she stood on Naboo once more with a cigarra in one hand and a lifetime of memories and regrets to overcome during this Life Day Gala.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom