Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Winter Gala - Lifeday Event

Valery Noble Valery Noble

They could run but they couldn't hide! The nexu was chasing the two adventurers through piles of snow and forests of ice, only occasionally getting up on both its hindlegs to shout: "Hey, hey! Watch out for the sculptures, alright?"

Little did the hunter know that it was in fact it that was being hunted.

Sniffing around for its prey it would find it hiding behind a particularly big pile from which it was only partially visible from. It snuck towards it, prepared to jump and…

"Oh no, not again!" It exclaimed as the child managed to slip away from its mighty pounce. "I'll get you, little one."

wb1.png

TAGS:
@ Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
alexboarder.png

Braze emerged into the snowy landscape, his hands carefully cradling something as he observed the scene around him. The crunch of snow under his feet marked his approach towards Jasper. Squinting slightly, he closed the distance between them and, stretching on his tiptoes, draped a heavy blue velvet cloak with a white fur-lined collar over Jasper's shoulders. The cloak radiated warmth, as if freshly warmed from a dryer.

"You should reserve your energy if you still want to be awake later on tonight and not be exhausted," Braze advised Jasper, his voice carrying a note of concern.
"Good morning Knight Toth." Braze greeted gently with a bow of his head.
"Maybe I could help you install some kind of temperature regulator Pyf?" Braze offered briefly. "That is if you don't mind my inexperianced fingers poking around your 'guts'."

He took a glance at the idea displayed on what JAsper showed, and looked about at all the folks that Jasper had gathered for this task and tilted his head. "Well that's certainly ambitious." He offered softly. "Think it'll be done in time?" Braze asked before his ears twitched and he looked towards Jalen. His ears twitched and he called over,
"You're an exceptionally talented musician." Braze commented lightly.

With a small grasp tightening around the strap of a fluffy sling over his shoulder, Braze then turned his attention to Jalen, offering him a curious and prolonged stare. He glanced back and forth between Jasper and Jalen, as if drawing a comparison in his mind.

After a moment of contemplation, he padded closer to the other blonde looking at him and studying him from head to toe and back.

Braze paused after taking a breath then finally, he voiced his thoughts. "Wow.... You're eyes are very beautiful. They have an exquisite coloration...I haven't seen any like that before. "

Braze commented staring at them as his focus of what he finally settled on after looking Jalen's eyes over. "So... are you... like... Jasper 's spawn or something?" he asked innocently, his tone devoid of any malice. It was a straightforward question, laced with childish curiosity and his perception of the striking resemblance between Jalen and Jasper.

Braze then with a thoughtful expression, gently scooped a small, fluffy creature from his sling, petting the squeaking, mewling ball of fluff affectionately. "Oh... I'm Braze... this is Soot... do you want to hold her?" he added, almost as an afterthought. His manner of speaking was gentle and curious. His approach was devoid of any intention to offend; rather, it was a simple, straightforward way of interacting, treating Jalen as he would any other potential play mate he found interesting..

Last edited:

3.png

div1.png
"Why so glum?"

While Briana had been stuck in her own mind, Aiden had managed to move around and sneak up on her from behind. Perhaps those Jedi senses of hers had felt him approaching long ago, but he liked to think that he could be sneaky sometimes. Once she had picked up on his presence, and realized it wasn't some stranger standing awfully close behind her, he brought his arms up to each side of her waist, wrapped them around her, and pulled her back to hold her close for just a moment.

He wasn't stupid — he knew what was going on with her.

"I know it wasn't the easiest thing coming here today, but let's enjoy ourselves, hm?" He pulled back and gently turned her around to face him. His green eyes looked her over, and Aiden couldn't help but smile. She was beautiful, but there was something he liked seeing far more than a pretty dress she wore like nobody else ever could.

He wanted to see her smile.

"Why don't we forget about the past for a little while, dance, and focus on the now?" He offered his hand and flashed her a proper Corellian grin. He wasn't really a good dancer by any stretch of the imagination, but as long as they were together, none of that mattered to him at all. They would have a great time, and he sure had his little plans to make this entire evening and night something for her to remember.

clawcraft_snow_sculpture.png

Naboo, Objective III
Tags: Braze Braze

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

"A coat?," Jasper noted with a frown. "I- Uh, thanks."

The man sighed a little. Coats were really not his things. The sleeves were so rescrictive, it was hard for them to get any kind of air at all. The cold didn't bother Jasper much, as evident by the time he had ran around sleeveless on Ilum back during the war. He did what he had done on that day, looping the sleeves together and letting the coat rest on his shoulders.

"I'll be fine," he insisted, giving a reassuring smile. "I actually quite like the cold."

"Head trauma will do that to you," Pyf sighed before turning back to Braze. "I got a servicable temperature regulator at the moment, I'm just more sensitive to the weather due to my... smaller stature. That and inexperienced hands in my 'guts' seems like a recipie for disaster."

"We'll get you a hat then," Knight Toth stated before turning to Braze. "Mornin' little cousin."

Jalen sat back and quietly observed, as he very often tended to do. He had heard a fair amount about Braze from Jasper. Young, impulsive, but a good kid. His aura told a story that was far more complicated than that. It was evident of internal struggle, overthinking, and a desire to prove one's self. There was a tinge of concern the boy held for his older brother in there as well, a nice bit of character that the older padawan took note of. The topic of ambition in regards to the progress was brought up, to which Jasper gave a chuckle.

"Of course it will be done in time," the Sentinel of Harmony assured. "Easy."

"You're an exceptionally talented musician."

"Huh?" Jalen reacted. He had zoned out for a moment. "Uh, thanks."

The boy's aura seemed to shift, the blob of his mass that Jalen could feel shifting at the top, indicative of movement. He was looking between him and Jasper, analyzing. This was followed by a non-stop stream of observations and questions, first noting how cool his eyes were, followed by asking if he was Jasper's... spawn?

"How old do you think Jasper is?" the padawan remarked with a grin. "No, I'm not his 'spawn.' He's only like five years older than me. He'd have a lot more grey hair if he had a kid."

Between that and a padawan? Jalen didn't know if he'd be able to handle it himself. Jasper was a man who liked to take on way too many responsibilities. There was no doubt in his mind that there would be signifigant stress there.

"Oh... I'm Braze... this is Soot... do you want to hold her?"

"I'm Jalen," he greeted. "Jasper's my older brother. I..."

That was a strange converastion shift. Jalen was struggling to keep up with everything. The topic had changed way too many times, it was hard for his head to keep up with. The young man focused in on the feline aura in Braze's arms, reaching out to get a better understanding of why the cat was positioned in the manner it was. He rubbed behind her ear before moving his hand down, taking note of the bundle that the cat was wrapped in.

"Maybe later," Jalen decided. "I've got my own friend to pick up."

Blip the astromech had rolled up to Jalen's feet, letting out a rythmic sequence of beeps and boops. "Floor cold" is roughly what he said, which the padawan understood clear enough. He scooped up the BB-unit before shifting his attention back to Braze. There was a lot of curiosity in his aura. A lot.

"You... have a lot more questions," the healer observed.

That notion alone was probably going to extend this interaction ten-fold.

2.png

Naboo - Objective II
Alicio Organa Alicio Organa - Sera Mina Sera Mina - Open
"Aw…" Amani pouted at them, before turning to move her and Liana out of the way of other participants. "Weee!" She waved her daughter's arms around, getting her excited by the simple act of changing direction. Liana giggled, her gaze regularly flicking over to the more accomplished skaters they had moved past.

"I beat you!"
The girl declared to her brother, presuming total success over an arbitrary win condition they likely had not agreed on. But all things considered their success had taken them farther than the boys.

"I think you got the easy twin today, Amani."

"Don't jinx me!" Amani said, putting a finger to her lips. Just then Liana jerked forward, and with one hand free, Amani was spun off course. Deftly, she snatched up Liana to keep her from being caught in the crash, while Amani sacrificed her butt in a graceless pratfall onto the ice, "Oops…"

"Sorry mommy."

"S'okay sweetie," Amani grunted, still holding up Liana. She slowly tried to get back up, when a stranger approached them with an apparent… business opportunity. Amani forced a stiff smile.

"Ah… hello. Nice to meet you." She said politely, though her expression darted between Alicio and the woman awkwardly. She seemed to be silently making a point about their current situation, "Is this something that could… wait, for another time? We're not here on business." Liana wriggled impatiently as they just waited there, as if to accentuate the point herself. Amani didn't want to seem rude, but given the family bonding that was taking place, she was a bit off-put by the woman's approach.

Last edited:

1.png

Naboo
div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress and Winter Coat | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Colette Colette

"Say cheese."

While Aris was already starting to put things together, Valery had pulled out a little camera and pointed it at him. Silly, perhaps, but these were the memories she wanted to capture. Her husband, her daughter, her son — all together to just have a fun time. It was what kept her going as a Jedi, no matter what happened in the Galaxy. All she needed now was just a little smile from him. A small sign that he was enjoying himself as well.

Click

Valery smiled a happy smile, and briefly held the camera against her chest. She was going to do her best to win this little game, but if she'd end up losing to Kahlil and Vera, at least she felt happy about the day.

"Alright. I'll follow your lead, okay?" She smiled and sat down in the snow with him to start working on their sculpture.

"Could we make him throw snowballs at Cora?" Vera asked, as she realized that Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania probably had noticed just how much of a mistake her choice of clothing was. Maybe this statue could be her defense against her wrath. "Or... maybe we can make it jump? Or swing a lightsaber of ice around?" She grinned at all the ideas and looked over her shoulder.

Mom was taking pictures again.

"Yeah, we'll win easily!"

Aurra and Adam kept running like their lives depended on it, and in their imaginary little world, it very much was life or death. Luckily, they had the energy of a Noble, so running and screaming was a natural thing. Aeryn, however, was on the hunt as well. She waited for her siblings to run around a few statues, and as soon as Colette appeared, she threw a snowball her way.

Normally, a toddler wouldn't really be able to reach very far.

But unintentionally, Aeryn Jade Noble had tapped into the force, and put some considerable and surprising speed behind it for a young child.

"Run!" She then called out to her siblings, and the three were moving between statues again.

1.png

Objective: Build the best snowman
Tags: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Valery Noble Valery Noble / Colette Colette / Braze Braze / Colette Colette
div1.png

Now this was something he hadn't done in a long time.

On the planet of Naboo, Brianna was hosting a grand reception for all the Jedi to wind down and enjoy themselves in the cold winter. There was the opportunity to go into the ballroom and dance the night away but that wouldn't be appropriate. Thelma wasn't with him anymore, so dancing with a random stranger was probably going to do him more harm than good. Instead, he was going to take part in something way more competitive to take his mind off things.

"Well well, it looks like I'm going to be up against tough competition!" Silas yelled from the right of Jasper as he rolled a big ball of snow on the ground. Briefly nodding to his robot friends the knight soon looked at Jalen <"Good to see you again Jalen. May the best team win"> he transmitted with a smile, before noticing the so called Jedi brat Braze. Silas narrowed his eyes to the padawan, almost as if to say he was keeping an eye on him just in case Braze tried anything.

It was not only them he needed to watch out for. The nobles were also a dangerous team that could certainly create chaos, especially with those triplets. Nonetheless, if they dared try anything they'd soon be treated to some fresh snow down their backs and a pinpoint snowball to end all hostility.

"I'm afraid to say Jasper but I've already got this in the bag"

"You know, I was going to leave, but I just spotted a friend of mine. Why don't you come and meet her with me?"

Of all the things that could've resulted from her trying to make conversation with an angry stranger, she didn't expect that. "Uh..." she began, thrown off course by the sudden shift. Before she could get another word in, the man turned around and started walking briskly back into the ballroom. Not sure what else to do, she followed him, long legs easily catching up.

His "friend" turned out to be a Zeltron woman in a black dress with a slit leg and matching stripper heels. The woman was drinking heavily, downing champagne like it was water and she was dying of thirst. Coming to a stop just behind the man who had brought her here, Eloise stared at the woman with barely-hidden distaste.

Be nice.

"Hi," she greeted. "I was just talking to your friend here. I'm Eloise." Suddenly her brow furrowed in recognition. "Are you a Jedi?"

We will either find a way, or make one.
I learned from my mother and father, but I am not them!
jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
SECTOR: Life Day party
MISSION: BYOO
TAGS: OPEN
BYOO_1.png

The next few minutes that went by were starting to get fun, he was playing with some nameless younglings (not “nameless”, but they were having too much fun to introduce themselves and frankly so was he). Chasing, sliding down hills on their hindquarters and of course throwing snowballs at each other, it was when they came across everyone making snowmen that one of the kids had an idea.

“Let’s throw snowballs at’em!”

“Yeah!”

“No, that’s not nice!”

“It’ll be fun though!”

“What do you think we should do?”

As they all looked his way, Connell was in a quandary of his own. Then he saw someone and smiled. Watch this. Balling up and packing a spherical snow weapon, Connell slung it through the air. It was not flying at them though? What?

Then he reached out through the Force and “grabbed” it, redirecting the ball back at his friend Knight Yoni Bucket from a different direction. Now there was a question in the confused frozen aquatic victim’s mind. “Who threw this?” As the Jedi playfully looked around, Connell and his new cohorts hid behind a wall of snow giggling and shushing each other. Of course, he was speaking to his fellow Knight through the Force.

~”Hello my friend, it was me, just playing with some younglings. Feel free and find us and get your revenge at your convenience, we are about thirty yards to your right..”~

Last edited:

Obj: a knight to remember
Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | a certain mischievous furball | open

Ryana sat with pip in the courtyard pip was wearing a little red hat and coat and ryana in a blue coat and leather pants she was getting ready to switch her winter boots. As she sat there untying her first boot she began strapping on the ice skate onto her foot as she finished she looked over to pip and saw he was gone dang it pip she exclaimed. As she quickly switched back into her boot as she began running after the small mischievous racyon as she detected him nearing the mansions front door which would have been really bad. Almost risking an incident knowing pip if he was feeling really mischievous as pip reached the front door he smelled food he snuck around the edge of the party not wanting to be seen. He bumped into the leg of Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania as he looked up in his little Santa coat at cora chirping while looking at her like she understood what he was saying.

Ryana walked into the mansion a minute or two later looking around for pip she looked around pip had an annoying ability to blind himself from ryana in the force and he was doing it. Pip ryana would whisper looking around for the small creature knowing full well he probably wouldn't answer her call.

Pip sat down next to cora looking around he saw a platter of grapes being set down on a table he looked at cora then to the platter before taking off to the platter hopping onto a chair and reaching for the grapes. Grabbing a bundle of grapes he looked to the person next to him as he got head pats he looked to cora a look of mischief clearly on the racyons face.

2.png

Naboo
Objective II
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Sera Mina Sera Mina - Open -

Alicio looked on, a bead of burning pride wedging itself in his heart, as he watched Liana start to giggle. Not 'throw-yourself-to-the-ground-to-get-a-ride-from-dad" fun yet, but well on her way. He gave Amani a bright smile, trying to coax August into skating in a straight line towards Mom and Lia.

He had never been one for the holidays. Not like Amani was. In the years before he and Amani, he'd always been too engrossed by work to join in the fun. But watching her take on the joy of the season had always brought him into the spirit of it all, right along with her. And now, they got to share it with their children.

August seemed not to appreciate his sister's declaration. He puffed out his cheeks, whining. "No!" He looked to his mom, pointing at Liana accusatorily. "Mommy!"

The boy was suddenly very motivated to move toward the girls, for whatever reason. Alicio helped him do so, staying at his side as he puzzled together how to go forward. Then, Alicio looked up, concern knitting his brow together. "Amani, watch-"

Mother and daughter took a spill. Alicio sighed, letting a puff of mist escape his mouth.

"...out. Are you two alright?" Alicio, leading August by the hand, glided over to the crash site ready to help his girls to their feet, when a stranger made themself known.

"Senator Organa...Master Serys... I'm Sera Mina. I'm the CEO of Bacta-Works. I'm told we have a mutual desire to provide aid for refugees. It's regrettable it's only now I've had the chance to meet with the both of you. It's an honor."

Alicio would be ashamed to admit that his first instinct was to turn her way, thank her for her time, and start discussing the refugee crisis, then and there. He'd spent many a Life Day concerned with the plights of the galaxy, without a family. But Amani's... unease, checked Alicio. He had other responsibilities too, now.

He had to be there for his children. And that meant leaving work... at work. "Ms. Mina, it's good to meet you." He sent a tight smile Amani's way, before turning back to the Bacta-Works CEO. "Could we... get a rain-check on this meeting? Perhaps after the festivities?"

Meanwhile, August slowly inched towards Liana, concern having replaced the need for justice she'd instilled in him. "Liana... okay? Liana hug?" He held out his wooden plank-stiff arms to her.

The Bloodsucking Philanthropist
"His wife would no doubt be the main firewall to any interaction..." Sera could remember Nathan informing her days earlier. "If you encounter resistance, don't press it. Be quick about your intent.."

"Oh, I had no intention of staying long, believe me." she explained to Amani Serys Amani Serys "I simply had to stop and greet the both of you...and to inform you I will be very available to discuss our mutual interests whenever you get ready." she assured handing Alicio Organa Alicio Organa a business card with her contact information.

The card contained a long list of planets Bacta-Works operated out of. Both in The Rimward Trade League and The Alliance. A result of Nathan's, silent, serpent like efforts and branching out, having deep experience at predicting the fluctuating price of medicine in wartime conditions due to the horrors of the Gulag Virus, and the tertiary wars and insanity around the Plague. Bacta-Works had been busy. Silent. But busy.

It was a distressingly long list.

"I hope you both have a wonderful day. Oh, and in case your family gets a sweet tooth, there is an absolutely massive chocolate cake I had delivered for the occasion waiting on the inside. Finest Naboo Bakers credits can buy. I've tried some, It's almost criminal how good it tastes..." she finished before bowing slightly and heading inside.

Izara 124221

I
2.png
Attire: X
Objective: Frost Fantasy
In Vicinity: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Amani Serys Amani Serys Sera Mina Sera Mina
Direct Engagement: Albrecht

Izara found herself sliding and spinning across the ice with her arms and legs splayed outward in embarrassing fashion, made worse by shouts and calls of young children playing around the rink. Fortunately, the young, lean-figured gentleman quickly skated towards her, at which point the biot gave a facsimile of a relieved sigh. She wasn’t sure if she would have been able to get up on her own, especially since she hadn’t watched any videos of skaters falling.

It went without saying that her failure to do so was a mistake.

Suppressing a smile, Albrecht circled around and stopped at her side. "Are you all right?" he asked, offering a hand to help her to her feet.

“I…think so.” Izara groaned, before accepting the offered hand and allowing the taller gentleman to help her up onto her feet. “Thank you for helping me! I think I might have been laying on the ice forever if you hadn’t showed up!” She said, a grateful smile set across her alabaster features. “I think I got a little…optimistic.” The biot added, her smile turning into a frown.

“I’m Izara, by the way!” She continued. “Would I be wrong to assume that you’ve skated before?”

Last edited by a moderator:

3.png
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

VVVDHjr.png
Wearing: X
Equipment: Lightsaber
Direct Tags: Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn
Indirect Tags: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek Open

Life Day. True celebrations of that broad, cross-cultural event out in the field were scarce, and usually constituted huddling around a table, taking in whatever manner of local firewater that could be found or made, and a general atmosphere that was more solemn on account of accrued loss. They had made the best of it they could. He hoped the people he’d bonded with during his time running with Ankor were doing well, wherever they were now. This year was the first time in a long while that he'd be spending that time with family.

When it came down to it, he'd been away from the core for so long and had so few connections left, that he couldn't have made any other plans with ease, but when he’d received word of a wintry Lifeday Gala on Naboo, Rik considered it half-heartedly until his eyes landed upon just who was responsible for organising the event and what that name brought up: an indelible solar flare of images (as brief, as scorching) burned into his memory… but he’d been raised to have a mind to discretion. Yet he was bound to cross paths with her sooner or later, and forcing that meeting, rather than leaving it to fate and surprise, was by far the better option.

So to Naboo he went, but when he arrived in the ballroom, bedecked as he was in a freshly fitted three-piece and tidily trimmed chin and lip, and saw the Duchess’ pink doppelgänger was here too, Rik quickly obscured his short blip of humour behind the rim of a glass he lifted from a passing tray as he instead made his way over this most recent of his acquaintances, first, stepping up… just in time to catch wind of Gatz’s quip about Briana carrying Lossa home. He’d started to open his mouth to reply to that, but the purple-haired girl spoke up. A girl that was easily a decade younger and at least as tall as him?

“Huh,” he uttered at that, but as soon as she was done saying her piece, he cut in, raising his glass towards the other guy in a way of gesturing to him, “hey, how about we let Briana enjoy her evening? One or both of us can take care of,” Rik skirted a brief glance toward Lossa, then trained his gaze back on the blond, “anything that comes up.”

The slightly older Corellian cracked half a smile and proffered his other hand in greeting.

“Rik,” he gave, “Andrik Perris.”

Last edited:
ikLJHxv.png
Ivalyn had no intentions on going to the Lifeday Gala on Naboo. She normally skipped these sorts of social calls and opted to stay home, in sweat pants, watching holoflixs and eating cake. That year, she decided to go the invite hadn't specified which member of the family had to go but that someone from the family could. The burgundy and gold dress belonged to her aunt Ryssa, grateful for her tailor, Ivalyn secured her statement necklace and rotated it gently so the tear drop was right where it needed to be. The Dosuunian tugged her emerald shawl over her shoulders, "Iskendyr, your tie, look at me," Ivalyn stated whilst their shuttle was en route, Naboo already forming over the distance the planet's magnificant landscape visible from the viewport.

Iskendyr ran a finger along his collar, "how long are we going to be here? Do we have to be here?"

"We're here representing the family, the company and perhaps to a lesser extent the Commonwealth." Ivalyn informed him as she fixed his tie, "don't look at me like that." She sighed, "right so just the family and company, which is enough might I add."

"We could be sitting back home, comfortable." Iskendyr protested, he looked down and checked his tie.

While Iskendyr had a point, Ivalyn countered, "we can be comfortable here, and we'll stay as long as we need to."

The gorgeous Gallo Mountains of Naboo greeted them in full, Ivalyn settled herself in her seat and her nephew simply gazed out out the viewport. "It is pretty," commented Iskendyr, "quite the sight when you think of the plate tectonics, and the way planets' geological movements work. Then here before us is this remarkable mountain view."

"I suppose one could certainly appreciate the science behind the beauty," encouraged Ivalyn who, was still learning more and more about her nephew. She leaned back in her seat, mentally preparing herself for idea of socializing. Internally, Ivalyn agreed with Iskey, they really should have stayed home. But, they both needed to get out of their comfort zones and interact with people beyond their small circles.

After disembarking their shuttle, they made their way toward the gala, the pair were welcomed warmly to the festivities. Standing beside one another, Ivalyn surveyed their surroundings, "right let's try for one standard hour and then we'll head out and go home."

"An hour?" Iskey asked quietly, "right, okay, I think I can do that."

He exhaled.

She did as well, neither of them were sure about being there but there they were so it was time to make the best of it. After all, they'd only stay for an hour.

3.png

A Night to Remember
Indirectly tagging: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Rik Perris Rik Perris | Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl | Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn | Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek | Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar

Open to Interaction

Braze chose a spot in the snow as he pet the purrito. The soft snow crunched under his feet as he made his way towards Jalen, the cold air nipping at his cheeks. The kitten, snug in the warmth of his sling, let out a soft purr, content in Braze's care.

As he approached, Braze's attention momentarily shifted to his wrist, and a glance to Jasper. With tentative glances and a subtle wince, he tugged down his sleeve, consciously covering his hand. It was a small silent gesture.

Braze offered a soft smile to Jalen, his tone chirpy and happy. “How perceptive of you,” he said. “I suppose brother makes sense.” He glanced back towards Jasper, then returned his focus to Jalen. “Five years, huh? I wouldn’t have guessed it. How old are you?” he asked, his curiosity evident.

Settling down in the snow, Braze placed the bundle of fluff, Soot, in his lap. The kitten looked around with bright eyes, its black fur contrasting sharply against the white snow. Braze watched the adults and their sculpture plans, selecting a simple metal spade from his bag. He began to levitate and push large sections of snow together, forming a bigger section to work from. He started to carve the outlines of shapes with his spade, his movements slow and methodical, displaying a surprisingly practiced ease in sculpting. He was notably using his right hand for this.

Braze's gaze lingered on Jalen. “You’re a padawan too, aren’t you?” he asked, trying to recall if he had seen Jalen around before. “You specialize in medical, right? Kinda like Shan Pavond?” His tone was gentle and curious, treating Jalen like a fellow learner on a similar path, despite the age difference.

He seemed to let Jasper speak with Silas but passed a brief glance his way.

Last edited:

clawcraft_snow_sculpture.png

Naboo, Objective III
Tags: Braze Braze , Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Jalen_Blade_Divider.png

"I'm afraid to say Jasper but I've already got this in the bag"

"Oh, do you now?" Jasper smirked. "Alright then."

Jasper reached up flicking his mechanical wrist to detach his arm, which he tossed into the snow before shifting his attention back to his work, where he was already beginning to carve what would be the main body of the Clawcraft.

"I'll beat you at half my power," he insisted with a grin.

Besides, he had a plan.

Jalen meanwhile gave Silas a half-wave before shifting his attention back to Braze, who very much did have more questions. They seemed to rattle off one after the other, though there weren't as many this time. Jalen was not the best with social interaction. He had been a very quiet boy, only now doing his best to try to connect with people. It was taking a lot more energy to keep up with it all than he would have liked.

"Uh, I would estimate eighteen-ish," Jalen admitted with a shrug. "Jasper tried to find out exactly how old we were, but none of that data survived anywhere... I can estimate ages decently well enough though. The aura of a person tells you a lot that your eye's can't, and yes I am a padawan and a healer. I recently got my certification to be an official GA field medic, and I'm hoping once this whole war thing wraps up I can go get myself a degree."

If the wars ever ended, anyways. They seemed to never end, and Jalen needed to be where they were. That was the best place to save lives. It was that goal that truly motivated him.

"I've gotten decent at identifying people at least," he noted. "Aura's are really handy. Makes it easier to treat them. For example; Roughly 1.57 meters, mixed near human lineage, likely some Echani, and I'd estimate about 14 years of age. Also it seems like you recently had a sprain treated in your wrist given the young tissue growth."

Braze's unease was imminently felt as the conversation veered towards his injury. He managed a tentative, slightly nervous laugh in response. "Haha, yeah... sprained," he said, silently grateful for Shan Pavond's treatment of his previously snapped wrist. He could feel his thoughts drifting back to that unpleasant encounter and quickly fortified his mental shields, determined not to dwell on the past.

Eager to redirect his focus to the present, Braze complimented Jalen. "You're multi-talented and particularly gifted," he remarked, his tone genuine. He glanced back at Jasper, his head tilting curiously as he began to notice more distinct differences between the two.

"You can 'see' a lot of things, can't you?"
Braze asked Jalen, his curiosity evident. He subtly moved his injured wrist deeper under his cloak, trying to keep it out of sight and mind. "I can't read on your level," he admitted, "but I've been trying to learn how to do it more finitely." He paused his work briefly, setting the spade down and pushing some of his white hair behind an ear.

The small ball of fluff, Soot, mewled at him, and Braze responded with soothing pets, calming her until she began to purr and eventually fell asleep in the warmth of his lap.

"What are you going to do once you get your degree?"
Braze asked, his curiosity shifting to Jalen's future plans. Once Soot was asleep, he picked up his spade again and resumed working on the sculpture. The rhythmic motions of sculpting seemed to bring a sense of ease to Braze, allowing him to engage in the task while maintaining a conversation with Jalen.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

Aris paused at the click before looking right at Valery with a slight frown.

"Focus on helping make the shape, mom. We're trying to win."

And he'd never been much for pictures, not that he'd say as much aloud. He kept busying himself with shaping the first fountain, using the heat he could make to form the water that would spill out. Water that would be frozen, of course. Actual running water wasn't something he could do with just snow after all.

Kahlil raised a brow, glancing down to Vera from his little sculpture. The ears were probably the hardest part to make sure they stood up. ".. Why are we throwing snowballs at Cora, Vera?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Albrecht

A
The girl was unharmed—and now that he could see her up close, he realized she was not a child, despite being extraordinarily short in stature. Albrecht's eyes widened as he received a top-down view of her alarmingly ample assets. Cheeks burning, he quickly looked away, staring straight over her head. "It is no trouble."

"I'm Izara, by the way! Would I be wrong to assume that you've skated before?"

"Er, yes," he replied distractedly. Behind her on the ice was a family with two small children. The couple was mixed, a human man and a green-skinned female with facial tattoos. A Mirialan, if he recalled correctly. Both of their children had splotches of miscolored skin on their faces. It was rude to stare at people with deformities, so he averted his gaze once again. Now he was looking over Izara's head and off to one side. "I have... been ice skating all of my life."

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom