Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHY DONT JEDI ACT LIKE JEDI HERE???

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT THE FRAGG?? None of them act like actual jedi! Lust, Passion, Hatred, Love, all of them arent allowed in the jedi code but it seems like everybody and there third cousin is a jedi with every single one of these traits! Now im not saying all the jedi here are bad but, come on! there should be some sort of penalty system for doing this! There are lots of force users here and i can understand why you would want to give your character these things like a love life or a heated rivalry and i know its fun but thats the problem. being a jedi isnt fun its a strict rule among them not to have emotional attachments but it seems like the entire jedi base has them.
as i stated before why isnt there a penalty system for things like this? sith points actual like stikes against being able to use the force or anything would be helpful. but this is just not cool going up against most jedi. its sad to see most jedi acting like sith and the sith look like actual good guys. the jedi as far as ive seen havent helped anyone in the month ive been here its like a giant gang war where nobody is the hero just two wizards throwin force fireballs at each other and anything that happens to be in the direct area is nothing

if you agree or disagree with this post here if you are a jedi and either believe its ok PLEASE POST HERE I wanna know how its accepted to do this when it is so AGAINST THE JEDI CODE. until this is resolved i am severely let down by the jedi factions.

You haven't heard of the New Jedi Order, have you?

The one where you're actually allowed emotional attachments, like having a family, etc. Beyond that, most Jedi around here act like the Jedi from the Clone Wars TV Series, which, frankly, is as close to 'Jedi' as you can get.

Oh, also, the Jedi were fighting the Sith Empire. You generally don't fight 'nice' against your mortal enemy.

Just sayin'.

836 ABY
Things have changed
just a little
Different people want to write their characters differently. Some peeps do have old school Jedi characters
other ones
have new school Jedi peeps
*shrugs*

Cedric Dorn

C
People have an entirely skewed image of what Jedi are supposed to be, and i have no clue where it comes from. Jedi like every single being in the galaxy are extremely flawed. They feel anger, they feel lust, they feel love, they feel every emotion. The Jedi here are currently embroiled in a war with the Sith, during war time Jedi become somewhat more militant, this is a fact, mostly due to leading combat. However NONE of the Jedi actually act like Sith, Sith kill, they murder, they slaughter innocents by the thousands and don't care at all for the loss of life. They would do anything to gain power. Jedi do not do this, at all. None of them here do that i have seen, sure some stray from the path a bit, but in reality most stick pretty tightly to the code itself.

It's important to remember however, Jedi are -human- or rather they are sentient emotional beings. Obi-wan, Luke, Anakin, heck even Yoda had HUGE emotional turmoil at some point in their lives. This is shown many times in both the films and other sources in canon. Jedi are not emotionally dead robots.

As @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] has said most of the Jedi here are EXACTLY like the Jedi from the Clone Wars. They are solemn, do not murder innocents, and help whenever they can wherever they can. There are a TON of threads where literally all the Jedi are doing are helping by healing, giving aid, and exploring. Its just the threads that gain the most publicity are the ones where the Jedi Fight and usually kill Sith a task which -any- Jedi would do, even paragons of the old Order's like Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Claiming there are no "true" Jedi here is absolutely ludicrous.

@[member="Break"]

Jedi doctrine on this board is strongly influenced by Luke Skywalker’s new Order. Furthermore the Dark Age wiped out many records, leaving the Order to be refounded and reforged on new grounds.

Whilst I think some of my comrades have gone too far, currently I am of the opinion that we are well balanced between the rigidity of the classic order and the liberalism of the New Order.

"
Break said:
WHAT THE FRAGG?? None of them act like actual jedi! .
Jedi change a lot of their doctrines during time, mainly during the formation of the New Jedi Order. (Luke Skywalker's) If you are referring to Old Republic- Clone Wars era Jedi, that did ok until Anakin started killing children off-screen.

@[member="Sarge Potteiger"] @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Diana Moridena"] @[member="Vanessa Nacht Seele"]

You have attachments:Diana Moridena is sleeping with Ayden the lord protectorate! Their in a relationship and while it may be accepted by the new order this is definitely too far for a jedi in my own opinion.
you have hatred for your enemies so far as to spite them, and i can prove it here: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/20014-a-night-to-remember/#entry263352

She didnt want to let him win so badly she killed an entire village . BY FIRE.
She would rather burn down the village than even try to save them. not very jedilike.

fun is fun and all @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] but act your role. and i can see maybe falling in love... but i see a lot of wrathful doings by the jedi.

So much hate for so little reason. Let the Jedi do their thing, unless you're a Jedi it shouldn't affect you too much.

I for one approve of our shipping-focused Jedi overlords.

@[member="Darth Vornskr"] Sith are supposed to be evil. no complaints.

@[member="Alen Na'Varro"] its not hate just...disappointment in how people play a character. thats like me giving a droid the force and saying its ok because its more fun.

@[member="Break"]
Oi, did you read the post you linked? The villagers were infected. They were gonna turn into Racghouls-or-however-you-spell-it.
She spared them a fate worse than death. She didn't just go "oh, whelp, I give up, lemme just kill them instead of saving them"

Cedric Dorn

C
Break said:
You have attachments:Diana Moridena is sleeping with Ayden the lord protectorate! Their in a relationship and while it may be accepted by the new order this is definitely too far for a jedi in my own opinion.
Luke Skywalker was married and had several Children. Anakin Skywalker, also married. Obi-wan Kenobi had a relationship with Duchess Satine, though granted he it was implied he was a padawan at times it was brought up. I can think of a dozen more examples from Canon throughout all ages of Star Wars. I'm sorry but your argument is rather invalidated by this.

It's also fairly important to point out, i never said my character was having any sort of relationship with @[member="Ayden Cater"]. He is a personal friend of Diana and has been since they first met, perhaps he was just lending her his apartments while she stayed on Fondor, a place that is very close to her homeworld of Kiffu. Please don't make assumptions about my character.

Though if that were the case i could make the argument that Sex does not equal attachment, simply the seeking of pleasure and i could them come up with a dozen more examples of this happening in canon as well.

@[member="Break"] I don't often say things like this, as I really really try to stay out of arguments like this, but I really don't think it's your place to tell people how to play their characters. :)

Cedric Dorn

C
Darth Vornskr said:
[3/13/2014 9:04:43 PM] Chris: SHE'S
[3/13/2014 9:04:44 PM] Chris: WITH
[3/13/2014 9:04:45 PM] Chris: AYDEN
[3/13/2014 9:04:48 PM] Chris: HAVENT YOU HEARD?

C:
Shhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom