Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which of us are known across the Galaxy?

Sarge uses the holo to make sure there's no wars that he needs to get involved in. Otherwise, he reads and cleans his weapons. Also spends a lot of time chasing women and wandering the galaxy aimlessly. If it don't affect him, he don't much care.

Lilith would know she's the Jedi Grandmaster. And it would be strange if she didn't know who's the Sith Emperor. But other major factions... nothing. I mean, she was on one planet with @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"], who seems to be one of the leaders of the Crusade, and she didn't know anything about him.

All about perspective.

I along with Velok made off with the entire contents of the Sith Empire's archives and vaults. Down to the last holocron and ancient scroll. Everyone blames Velok, and I'm just fine with that. The less people who know I was involved the better.

Lord Dissero said:
All about perspective.
I honestly think it's more about subjective relevance. A vault break to steal a bunch of things that 90% of the galaxy really doesn't care about would be one of those things that we'd hear about once in a ten-second news blurb and then everyone would forget about. An election matters to the people in the affected nation; the rest of the galaxy would only hear about the results, and even then only once or twice. Your actions only have as much importance as other people give them.

Hence why...
Lady Silencia said:
There are two things that the vast majority of the galaxy should know about:

The Gulag Virus and Omni.

Fabula Cavataio said:
I honestly think it's more about subjective relevance. A vault break to steal a bunch of things that 90% of the galaxy really doesn't care about would be one of those things that we'd hear about once in a ten-second news blurb and then everyone would forget about. An election matters to the people in the affected nation; the rest of the galaxy would only hear about the results, and even then only once or twice. Your actions only have as much importance as other people give them.
Not to mention, I imagine the Sith Empire would keep such a break-in pretty hush-hush, lest they look incompetent to the galaxy at large.

"Fame" in Star Wars is a pretty subjective thing. Think about how many people on Earth, our single planet, are extremely famous in some places and totally unheard of in others. Americans tend to think that our news is the only news that matters, that it's played everywhere on the planet. It is not. There are people who are extremely famous in Japan or France or Brazil who we've never heard about, and a lot of our TV stars and big-name political figures and household name actors aren't even a full thirty seconds on the news there.

In Star Wars, where we have an entire galaxy to fill, it's even more compartmentalized than that. A trillion-trillion Earths, each with the exact same subjective fame. To acquire a reputation on a galactic level, you have to do things that interact with every single one of those galactic nations in a meaningful way, repeatedly. If you ever stop doing this, stop making yourself a Beiber-level media darling, your reputation decays. People forget about you.

Darron Wraith and Ashin Varanin would gain reputations, due to being very prominent members of very prominent governments during a high-action period in the galaxy. They were at Roche! They had this big fight! She was the Empress and he was the Grandmaster! And then neither one of them does anything very important for a while. Darron retires to a small farmstead in the middle of nowhere. Ashin leaves the civilized galaxy to start a kingdom in the Outer Rim/Unknown Regions. The Holonet stops broadcasting their actions, constantly, every single time they take a dump.

It is extremely easy to completely disappear when you're dealing with the entire galaxy. It is comparably difficult to make yourself into a household name not in just one country, or one planet, or one nation, but the entire galaxy full of those nations, which are full of those planets, which are full of those countries.

Ayden Cater said:
Not to mention, I imagine the Sith Empire would keep such a break-in pretty hush-hush, lest they look incompetent to the galaxy at large.
It's so hush-hush that I'm reporting everyone who mentioned it in this thread for metagaming.

Including myself.

Justice will be served this day.

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
I think Tracyn is pretty well known for the whole slaughter thing cupcake business he runs on the side

To put things into perspective for some folks;

• Ayden was at Kuat as part of the allied force when Omni invaded there.
  • He is on the board for Corellian Engineering Corporation.
  • He was at Roche and stalwartly acted as the Republic's rearguard during the battle.
  • He showed up in the Republic Senate hall and delivered testimony regarding the illegal actions and defamations of Senator Brunswick, who later committed suicide rather than be taken into custody.
  • He met with the Chancellor and a few other heads of state to sign a treaty.
  • Later he publicly denounced that same Chancellor and was later branded a war criminal.
  • He's recently been elevated to the office of Lord Protector.
  • He fought in the Valen conflict, both personally and in space.
For all of this that he's done;
  • He's well known within the Protectorate.
  • People can put a name to his face in most of the Republic and might could note one of the above as his actions.
  • Everywhere else, for people that are not heads of their states, people might know he wears a hat.
Very, very few people on this board can legitimately claim to be galacticly famous.

Siobhan would be locally known in Protectorate space.

She led Omega Pyre forces in most of OP's battles, spearheaded and led the campaign to wipe out the Bando Gora to the last, up to conquering Gehenna. She led Omega Pyre's ground forces at the Roche engagement, which included tearing down a roof. She was there and Metalorn and fought Velok. She was Exarch and second in command of the Protectorate while @[member="Tegaea Alcori"] was Lady Protector, albeit briefly. Also met Aleidis Ijet twice on Coruscant. Recently she's been helping the Imperials in the battle of Atrisia, which has involved flying and throwing tanks around. Oh, and OP did a 'Why we fight' PR movie where she appeared prominently, what with being a 'war hero' and all.

Is familiar with former chancellor Aurelia Saelari and Jedi Councillor Phylis Alince. Oh, and knows Eldorai royalty very well!

However, she could not claim to be galactically famous or anything like that. She would be well known in the Protectorate, but even that would fade very soon in time now that she's out of office and has left military service. Not on the same level as the galactic celebrities or political leaders. Much of her career is tied to Tegaea. Of course, Sio prefers it that way, she hates the limelight.

Meta said:
I already have the whole council up mah butt abs I'm just a padawan. So, who knows what will happen in the future?
That's, again, subjective relevance. Other Jedi would know about it. The Galactic Senate probably has no clue, unless you did something of importance to them. No one outside the Republic probably has the slightest idea.

Which is why it's so difficult to be famous on a galactic scale. You'd have to do something like create a virus that wipes out 90% of all life in the galaxy to gain that level of fame.

I would hope that as a two term Vice Chancellor, and current 3rd in command of the Republic I am a household name, and Alli Wren might be famous as well.. that is a bout it the rest of my characters are nobodies.

When you're the template for the Republic's now largely clone military, and a 'war hero', and head of said Republic Military, you're pretty well known. The rest of my chars, spare Aequalis keep to themselves.

I think Circe Savan is pretty well known. Head of a large company, had that whole killing Ewoks things (well, paying someone to do it), being a war criminal, having a bounty on her head, dying, magically reappearing in the galaxy, that stuff.
While she wouldn't be a household name, a lot of people would be able to hear the name and go "Oh yeah, she's the one that did this and that and yeah."

Ven, on the other hand, is pretty much a nobody. A few people from OP know her, and there might be a few NPCs from the Republic military that remember her.
A side note is that she lost her memories, so up until recently, she didn't know who Kaine was, and it took a second for her to remember who Tegs was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom