Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Falsehood Can Look Like Truth [SJO/ME]

Objective: Trick ME into war with SJO
Allies: Pirates [member="Pandora"]
Enemies: EVERYONE. SJO/ME. [member="Charlie"] [member="Yasha Mantis"] [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Odin Stormbreaker"] [member="Draven Dursden"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Andorreth Vikar"] [member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Alyisa Mithel"] [member="Sala'dine"] [member="Skosk Fett"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Ambrose Mantis"] [member="Karsan Calnov"] [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Tom Taff"] [member="Kaden Mantis"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Shia Kryze"] [member="Preliat Mantis"] [member="Silas Mantis"] [member="Acaleus Thorn"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Kiera"] Ticon

The Mandalorian Empire and the Silver Jedi were rousing to war much faster than Kanta, or any of the pirates expected.

Why, one might ask?

Kanta padded over to the lumbering hulk of a woman curled on her knees. The one called Mand’alor clawed at the ship’s flooring, gripping a slim piece of metal hatchway with both hands. Her body shook, face a mask of agony.

An arm went to her belly, knees shaking. Kanta looked at her strained face.

“What’s with her?”

“Thought she was supposed to be tough.”

“What’s with her… you don’t think…”

“Naw, no…”

“Your granddaughter is coming… he said, he said!” Kanta pointed at [member="Kaden Mantis"], his coconut armour ducking behind [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] as the pirates stared at the sentient coconut-dressed marsupial.

The collective breaths of the pirates in the room stilled, before Gary threw himself on the comms of the stolen Silver Jedi shuttle craft.

“Silver Rest! Mayday, mayday, Silver Rest! Calling ISAF and Silver Jedi forces in the area of Barataria! We are a refugee vessel on a mission of mercy, being attacked by Mandalorians. Repeat! We’re being attacked by the Mandalorian Empire! We are a medical refugee vessel on a mission of mercy, we have a pregnant woman giving birth, our engines are hit! We’re landing on Barataria. Help! Mayday, Mayday! ISAF! Mayday!” Gary thrust the comm toward [member="Yasha Mantis"] as another contraction gripped her.

Her thin scream poured across the comm. Gary grinned and went back to disturbing screams. “Heelp! They’re trying to kill uuuus!”

He cut off the line, then pushed the throttle in a tailspin to take the ship down on a seeming collision with Barataria, and their fortified base within.

The pirate base was as heavily guarded as a Carnifex’s castle, yet the last known signal of Mand’alor the Infernal radiated out from the planet below. Inside a complex in the mountains, the pirates nestled. The stage for a battle of ages was set. Kanta merely stared at the other creatures rushing about, idly strumming his lyre.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Near: [member="Skosk Fett"]
kytzqkd1.png
"Sir, Skosk wants to speak with you." The comm officer called out "Okay get him on the horn." The comm officer would connect to Skosk's ship. "Skosk, it is me Rex, I know where mand'alor is and I have just recieve a message from Momalor Kaine's AI. Kaine and the other mandalorians are just outside of the system mand'alor was in." He then sent some coordinates. "I will see you there Skosk." Rex's SD then jumped into hyperspace.
kytzqkd1.png
Rex would then come out of hyperspace near the other mandalorian ships. He then got all of his forces ready for planet fall. He watched the other ships around him, some coming outta hyperspace others readying ships. He hoped Skosk would make it to the coordinates. He knew [member="Kaine Australis"] was here already he was almost sure of it.

Objective: Aggressive Negotiations.

Yuroic hadn't been taking it easy since his return to the Silver Order, his days were often spent on his personal projects and training. Physical training was simple, he would spend most mornings from dawn till the afternoon training his body. It would be pushing his body beyond what most humans would attempt. However, Yuroic didn't seem himself as a human, at least not a normal one. His afternoon was then spent cooling down and relaxing his muscles. Mostly through stretches and meditation, it helped keep the darkness at bay. This was all in isolation, he never really interacted with others. He couldn't allow attatchments and dependency on others cause his mind to lose focus from stopping the darkness. He couldn't let his monster free once more.

He was preparing for a simple mission of guarding some goods on a transport vessel when he noticed people rushing around. Whispers of Mandalorians and civilians in danger caught his attention. Following a group of soldiers, he found several troops gearing up and preparing for battle. Yuroic could hear the monster within scream for blood, to kill. Inhaling deeply, he pushed aside those thoughts. He noticed Master Jyoti and her Padawan, Charlie were looking over the various equipment available to them. For Yuroic, nothing could replace his Lightsaber, at least for now. He pulled the hood of his cloak back as he strolled over to them. He listened to how Jyoti taught Charlie and was reminder of his lessons with his old master, Arisa.

"I would like to join you on this mission. I know I have been out of battle for awhile but I'm ready." His eyes were cold amd firm, though he was asking, Yuroic would find a way to join the fight either way. Just it was polite to ask and involved less sneaking and vent crawling. He wasn't the skinny lad he used to be so vents were not as inviting.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Charlie"] | [member="Valkren Calderon"]

Aboard Nibsani's Big Friend,
Preparing for incursion into the Barataria System​

Droves of armored Mandalorians lined the command deck of the impressive vessel, all eager to hear the words of their General. In the wake of a very recent attack, Mand'alor herself had brushed with danger, and an attack on their spiritual leader was an attack on the Mando'ade.

They responded quickly, throwing down plowshears and picking up guns and swords. Part time farmers resumed their lives as full time warriors, and as they donned their armor, they looked to the stars. When the rallying call came from Kaine, he spoke the words of their Warleader. They spoke as one voice.

Someone would give answer for the crimes against their people.

Alkor stood among countless peers, all chomping at the bit to tear off a piece of Jetii. It looked suspicious, granted; after all their efforts to maintain neutrality with the militant group of Force Users, the other side opted for a terrorist attack against a civilian world? There were many doubts, but they were washed away by fact.

The fact was, there was a body count. Garbled words in both Basic and Mando'a affirmed what Alkor already knew. There was talk of war, of Crusade, of Mandalorian Justice. There was only one voice worth listening to in all of the discordant chorus.

What was the truth? Only time would tell.

Several Ori'ramikade emblazoned with Jaig eyes and other decorations of esteem on their beskar'gam stepped forward toward [member="Kaine Australis"], and with a respectful salute, they spoke up one at a time. "We stand ready to defend our people," the first affirmed.

"What are your orders?" asked the next.

"What do we know?" came another voice.

Alkor took a half step forward and waved them down. "He'll get to that," he spoke in the telltale mechanical voice born of his helmet. "Give the man some air. We're all under stress here."

A great departure from his youth, Alkor spoke as the voice of reason. Anyone who knew him might have raised a brow. "General Australis," he greeted with a slight nod. "You have an army, now."

There was a hint of mischief to his words, despite the monotone of his vocabulator.

Aedan stepped off of the transport ship onto the command ship of Australis his crimson eyes looking around as he gestured off to the side at an empty area his voice calm and cold. "Commander there is our hold point proceed there and wait for farther orders." The Cragmaloid saluted before he started to yell in their native tongue the 100 3 meter tall hulking brutes all but stampeding off of the transport and directly to the indicated location where they went through final checks on their weapons. While this was happening Aedan spun on his heel and strode calmly away from the hangar and towards where he was sure Kaine would be. His footsteps calm and measured as he stepped onto the command bridge he noticed the Ori'ramikade and chuckled darkly as he strode forward hearing Alkor's voice he spoke calmly right after him. "He has quite a few armies at his disposal it would seem. Kaine what the Kark is going on." The Pirate king turned his crimson gaze to the Mandalorian general calming slightly as violet started to mix into the crimson in a swirl but the crimson still remained partially there. He wore his beskar'gam of the old days his clans emblem emblazoned boldly on the front.

[member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Kaine Australis"]

Objective: Chill
Friends: [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Charlie"]
Enemies: None yet

Feet kicked up, chair leaning back, cup of mei-mei tea in hand, Odin was relaxed. He was in dire need of some downtime after his most recent mission. This was his form of meditation, resting up in the captain's chair of his most prized possession.

This peace time was relatively short lived though as Odin's astromech came onto the cockpit, beeping frantically.

"R3, what's up? Mandalorians? Why? Ohh, I see. Well, let's get moving then. No time to lose."

Odin leaned forward, bringing his chair up to the upright position as he began the takeoff sequence. The ship's engines began warming up with activity as power shot through the entirety of the ship.

"Where are we headed, R3? Nightshade's in orbit? We'll follow them then."

Just like that, Flugnir lifted from the ground, rising out of the jungle before flying into Kashyyk's atmosphere and into space.

Objective: Negotiations
In Vicinity: [member="Charlie"], [member="Valkren Calderon"], [member="Jyoti Nooran"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Odin Stormbreaker"], [member="Draven Dursden"], [member="Andorreth Vikar"], [member="Narcissa Tallhart"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTThyYf8zlg​

Lightsaber? Check. Armor, then robes on top? Check. Grappling hooks attached to his wrists? Check.

This was going to be a bittersweet battle. Yes, a battle. He knew it would come to that. By what he knew about the Mandalorians, regardless of the circumstances it was going to unfold into fighting. It wasn't something he wanted to do, as much as he loved the thrill of battle, this was not something he wanted. Sure, he wasn't a member of any of the clans officially, but... In a way, they were still people he felt some sort of kinship to.

The Jedi Master would let out a sigh as he would pick up the document that'd been drawn up before, the dossier on his mother. A collection of information on an Echani woman named Serena Ordo, who had joined the Galactic Republic's Jedi Order and had risen to the rank of Master. The dossier concluded with her having been convicted of working with the Sith Empire before she had run off with her co-conspirator, Jedi Master Philip DragonsFlame. It had come out after the recorded demise of both of them (Despite the man's survival, though he had been incognito for so long after it was no wonder he was pronounced dead as well) that they had been framed as the real culprit had been arrested, granted. Regardless, he'd been happy to know he could trace his roots somewhere, his mother had been born to the Ordo clan, and he'd wanted to honor that, wanted to learn what he could of both her birth race and the clan she had grown up in.

He had done his best to seek out two old friends of his from the clan. Tracyn Ordo and the man who only went by "Ordo". Unfortunately, Tracyn had gone off the grid and Ordo had been killed in a recent battle with a sect of Jedi. He'd been informed by a source that odds were, the Mandalorians, nor the Ordo clan, would never accept him now with that behind him. And now this conflict... To him, that sealed it. He would never be able to accomplish that. He'd be able to learn some of the Echani customs at least, and honor his heritage that way, but... A door had been closed to him now, and he hated it, but there was nothing he could do.

Yet he still felt sick to his stomach. Why? Because he knew that instead of honoring how his mother had grown up, he would have their blood on his hands?

But yet, by what he knew about the Mandalorians... They would have it no other way. They were warriors, gladiators, they would do anything for a fight. The only way he would be able to honor the creed that his mother grew up with now would be to give them that fight they wanted. Perhaps negotiations would fix this, who knows? But it was unlikely. They just weren't wired that way. He was just going to have to knock it to the back of his mind and fight, if it came to it. He had to, for he had Jason to get back to.

"HK" Josh would command as he would walk out of his quarters. "Master! When are we dropping! I do look forward to the coming battle" HK would respond as the droid would come forward. Josh shook his head. "I'm going to be going in alone. You are to stay on the ship."

"Master, I must refuse. I wish to join you in extinguishing these Mandalorians."

"HK, you are staying on the ship to protect Jason."

"Master, no, I-"

"HK."

"I refuse, Master. I will-"

"YOU ARE STAYING ON THE DAMN SHIP! THAT IS AN ORDER!"

Josh almost never got angry. It wasn't in a Jedi's nature to be angry. So for him to suddenly go off took both himself, and HK aback.

"Master, did you just..."

Josh let out a sigh, and lowered his head when Jason began crying in his room. "I'm sorry, HK" Josh spoke softly. "But please. I'm trusting you here, I need you to stay on the ship and protect Jason. The Temple isn't safe, so I've ordered for R4 to take the ship back to the compound. I'll meet back up with you later on another ship. But for now, I need you, R4 and the rest of the crew to protect Jason at all costs until I get back. I know going alone isn't ideal, but if I can't be there, I need to know Jason needs to be protected. Please. Please do this for me. I'm trusting you, HK."

"Master, you're really..."

"Yes. Please do this for me."

"... Yes, Master. I will protect the young Master with every inch of my mechanical being, Master."

"Thank you. BL-86 will handle feeding him, I've already programmed them to handle Jason tasks just in case of my absence. I've also programmed them to feed Porgbert and Jongori. Do make sure to remind them, yes?"

"Yes, Master."

"Yo, R4! Take us down a bit closer so we can get a better look!" Josh called to the astromech droid in the cockpit. "The Assembly is going to be handling negotiations, so it's best I meet up with Jyoti as soon as possible. Though I doubt it'll go well, so as soon as you've dropped me off, your orders are to leave IMMEDIATELY, am I clear?"

A series of beeps and boops would indicate affirmative from R4-J6. With that, Josh would head to the guest quarters that had been refurbished to be quarters for Jason when he was on the ship.

"Hey, buddy..." Josh spoke softly as he would pick Jason up from his bed, sitting on the bed and just letting the child wail into his chest. "There there... It's gonna be okay... I'm sorry if daddy scared you. Daddy's just under a lot of stress" He whispered as he would gently rock Jason back and forth in his arms. "Shh.. It's okay... Daddy's here... Daddy's here... Everything's gonna be okay..."

He felt horrible for losing his temper and causing Jason to cry, and reserved himself never to do it again if he could. Sure, there would be no consequences from the Jedi, no disapproving glances or judgements... They were alone on this ship. But Jason being upset because of him was far worse than any of that. Upsetting Jason was far worse a punishment than anything the Jedi could have done for that slip. The slip bothered him, it did, and yet... He understood it. He had changed... So much about him had changed when Jason had come into his life.

He had wanted to be the best Jedi of all time, when he was younger. He wanted to be the purest, the most skilled, the most helpful, the most unwavering in resolve and being able to resist the temptations of anger, and the dark side of the Force. He wanted to be the biggest asset to the Jedi that he could be. But when Jason was born, that all changed. His emotions had become more and more of a factor the more time that he spent with Jason. Those old dreams, those old desires... The capability to be many of those things faded away. He still wanted to be the best Jedi that he could be, the best asset he could be for the Order... But he knew now that he wouldn't be able to in the way that he had originally intended. Now... He just wanted to be the best father that he could be. And part of that was making the galaxy a safe place for him. So it all worked out. But he couldn't be the best father he could be if he was losing his temper, so... He'd have to work on that.

As the child calmed down and promptly fell back to sleep in his arms, Josh smiled softly. Alright, it was time to rock and roll then. Taking a deep breath, he would hug Jason tight, knowing that as with every battle, it could be the last time he got to hold him in his arms. After that, he would tuck him in, before heading to the cockpit, taking out his datapad and getting his communicator through to Jyoti.

"Master Nooran, you want me down there for the negotiations?" He would inquire. "I will be dropping to the planet shortly if necessary unless there is a meet-up vessal."

Objective: Make a offer they can't refuse
Allies: SJO
Enemies: ME
Nearby: SJO (Ya know who you are, though specifically [member="Jyoti Nooran"]
Draven and his Dudes stood in the armory, beside the master which had taken him into her personal care. His two captains waited at the entrance, their crisp uniforms freshly pressed, and blasters at their hips.​
Draven was for once, seemingly jovial, at the prospect of a battle. The knight had been training for ages for this moment. The knight had suited up in his usual battle armor, freshly repaired, though still bearing soot and deep gouges from his last engagement. The knight looked rather rugged in his mismatched trooper plates, but it was just as functional. While waiting for Jyoti to move to the drop ship, Draven tested his battle mask, all was secure there.​
At his hips, swung the broad saber in its split form. Each of the smaller, and weaker blade's handles shone, freshly polished and prepared for combat. Draven's sparkling electric blue eyes shone with anticipation as he and his dudes joked in hushed tones. Eventually Draven walked over to Joyti, heels clicking as he made his way over, and asked, ​"Ready to gut some Mandalorians?" ​The knight's badly scarred face showing some sign of joy as he awaits her response.​
Draven's gauntleted hand slid up and down the blade. He enjoyed the outer appearance of a hot head, a rebel, but deep down, the knight was nervous as anyone. His stomach was churning with anticipation for the battle to come, and his grin, if anyone bother to inspect it, was slightly forced. The Knight still was trying to shake away the nightmares of his last mission.​

Allies: [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Alyisa Mithel"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Valkren Calderon"]
Enemies: Unknown

"A distress beacon has been activated on Barataria, when one of our patrols was being captured, general!"

"It's important not to deploy all at once, given that intel is spotty at best. Assemble regulars, heavy weapons, artillery, although I don't think we need more aircraft than can fit on the Empyrean; we have several squadrons of fighters already en route to the last known location of the distress beacon. Give me the terrain info we can about Barataria"

"The distress beacon is over a woodland region of Barataria, and Mandos are suspected to be behind this, but beyond that, intel is spotty"

"We have to be wary of ysalamirs once we make contact with the enemy, and especially me"

With that said, it's important to adjust what should and should not be deployed. In a woodland, such as a jungle, indirect fire and airstrikes were the order of the day, and also using suppressive fire was effective, with small-unit tactics being the order of the day there, she thought, while she boarded the Empyrean with regulars, heavy weapons infantry and a variety of artillery platforms, including main battle tanks (several models), Hwachas, Hailfire-Xs, and, of course, the new Tartaruses. In fact, she would be inclined to prefer the Hwachas over Tartaruses because a Hwacha can do indirect fire and anti-aircraft, while a Tartarus is useful mostly for indirect fire. Of course, she knew she could always position a Tartarus some distance away from the road, in dense woods, where it is also easy as hell to set up an ambush with suppressive fire support, and also to confuse where the stuff is fired from because of the echoes reverberating in the trees. But it was quick for Jessica to get whatever troops she could onboard, as well as four possible artillery and two squadrons of aircraft ready to hit the road, with [member="Gir Quee"] and [member="Sala'dine"] being part of the game, escorting the troop transports as they ferry equipment to be deployed down below. Just before departure, however:

"Open a channel to other elements in the advance party"

"Channel open"

"This is General Med-Beq; we are on our way"

With the people in ships such as the Nightshade, the Bahamut and the Final Dragon being the supposed recipients of the message, she had to make sure all her bases are covered. Now Jessica was seated in the CIC, where she ran the topological calculations in her head as to how to get the Empyrean safely over Barataria, and placed the inputs into the cockpit. Realizing that heavy defenses were the order of the day, she'd rather bombard the pirate base at long range, but the hard part was to be insertion. She had no right to make any assumptions about ECM or absence thereof so she was glad she brought some of those mortar carriers capable of firing two 160mm mortars apiece. And yet, who knew which horrors would the enemy subject her and her men to? After all she heard about Mandos, ysalamirs were to be expected at every corner, so she had to be able to engage enemies at range, and stay out of their point-blank range, especially if she was using the Force in the forest. I hope these Mandos are not tricking us into going to a full-scale war with them. While I might have forgiven a handful of them, Dagobah and everything that followed proved that the current incarnation of the faction cannot be trusted yet, she thought, while jumping to hyperspace.

OOC: Forces to be disclosed once the engagement begins

She slowly opened her eyes, blinking as she adjusted to the lighting of the holding cell she, Kaden, and Yasha were in. Her head pounded in pain. She reached up to her head with one hand, touching what felt like the source of the agony. It was a deep cut. She pulled her hand back, seeing blood on her hands. She heard a scream - it was Yasha's scream. Manda, please let the baby be okay. She reached towards her own stomach with one hand. Please let her own developing children be okay.

Her memory began kicking back in soon afterward. An explosion. They were taken. She looked around, observing the cell and the... Small coconut man? What kinda guy was he?

The pirates hadn't tied them up, which was a good thing considering she knew she needed to get to Yasha. She needed help, especially if that baby was going to be born soon. And boy, it was going to happen.

She stood slowly, careful to ensure that the pirates didn't attack her. She quickly moved towards Yasha, who was curled on her knees. "Yasha," Cassiopeia said quietly, firmly. She took the Mand'alors hand in one of her own and sat down beside her. She had read about labor stuff, particularly over the past couple weeks. It was something she was terrified to go through. But, in a few months, she'd be going through it too.

She heard one of them speak, something about Silver Jedi forces but her mind was foggy. She tried to yell "Help us!" as the person named Gary spoke, maybe it would get through somehow. Or, her MBE comms might work still. Maybe they could hear her and recognize her voice despite whatever they were saying. Her mind was too foggy and the situation around her clouded her judgement.

--

It wasn't long before the pirates began to move the 3 captives out of the ship and into a fortified base on Barataria. Cassiopeia had no idea where they were - she could only hope that their signals were being broadcasted to the Mandalorian Navy. Someone had to reach them and quickly. They were moved into a small containment cell, with no food or water but with a pregnant woman, her husband, and Cassiopeia. Whatever plan the pirates had, it was succeeding.

In either case, there were more important things for Cassiopeia to worry about. Her mind still foggy, she turned her attention back to Yasha, gripping her hand. "Breath. Take a deep breath, and breath. I know they trained you on this." Her eyes focused on Yasha's face, determined. "Please, breath. Take deep breaths. Then exhale." She did examples. "This is a battle you have to win." If they could successfully get Adara delivered, the first step would be done. But, she was early. Would they be able to keep Adara alive after she was delivered?

Manda, help them. She could only hope the guards wouldn't separate them, or worse, hurt Yasha for screaming out in pain. Cassiopeia was winging it but was at a loss at what to do next.

[member="Kaine Australis"] | [member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Kaden Mantis"]

Objective: Investigate source of disturbance.
Allies: SJO ([member="Sala'dine'] [member="Gir Quee"])
Opposition: ME ([member="Kaine Australis"])
Neutral: [member="Kanta Tukka"]

[NPC Patrol Element "Hawkeye"]

Shortly after receiving distress calls from the Barataria system, the regional ISAF command of the Taldot Sector quickly diverted a patrol element of four Kobold blastboats (Whistler, Harpy, Tabard, Gladstone) to the system for inspection ahead of the other vessels on the way.

The quartet of nimble corvettes broke off into pairs of two-man flights, with the lead flight (Aurek) diving into a tight orbit around Barataria for active scanning in search of the source of the distress signal while the other flight (Besh) remained in high orbit on the lookout for any hostiles.

With no signs of any real civilization planetside, it was easy for Aurek to pick up on a moderately sized complex lodged within a vast forest, and several ships moving around within the atmosphere.

"I'm getting well over a dozen bogeys," a young sensor operator (of Whistler) reported to his commander. "Mostly fighter sized objects of unknown model. Probably the Mandalorians we were warned about. I think I've found the sources of the distress call, but it's strange. The ship transmitting is also squawking SJO transponder codes."

Lieutenant Halpern frowned and bit down on her lip as she considered a plan of action. A normal day for the junior officer consisted of simple patrols through minor lanes in a backwater region of the Mid Rim. This was already well and above what she usually encountered.

"Relay our findings back to Regional Command," she told her comms officer finally, "and open a wideband channel on clear comms. I want to address our mysterious friends."

"Channel open," Themo replied.

She nodded then started to speak.

"Attention, unknown vessels, you are operating within restricted airspace without proper clearance. Identify yourselves immediately, or you will be treated as hostile entities."

While Halpern awaited a response, their metadata was passed between their patrol element and the rest of Regional Command via biocomm, a secure means of biot-based encrypted communication usually untraceable and resistant to eavesdropping and jamming by normal means.

She switched over to their private biocomm network, now addressing the rest of patrol element.

"Everyone, be ready. If we really are dealing with Mandalorians, then things are about to get froggy."

Liberté-class Light Corvette Backwash, in hyperspace somewhere in the Slice

"Status of 4th Fleet?" questioned Gir.

None of the other four occupants answered him as they tried to navigate through their own screens. He spared a moment to stare out of the viewport, watching the stars streak past him as the little ship zipped through hyperspace. Barely a warship in its own right, the Backwash wasn't really suited for the command duties that he was pressing the corvette into. Yet he couldn't exactly drag along a full-sized star destroyer everywhere he went, especially on private business. He gave a sideways glance at his secretary as if to reiterate his request. The brunette turned her hazel eyes on him after scanning through the ship's communication's console.

"Elements are dispatched en route to Roche. We should be arriving slightly ahead of them. Reserve elements from the local ISAF defense forces are mobilizing to replace the central forces."

Gir nodded. His command centered on Ceraluen mostly kept watch out to the galactic northeast of Silver Jedi territory, where a Sith Empire incursion seemed most likely. Yet that front had been relatively quiet as of late, aside from a few unwelcome visits by slavers and pirates trying to test the waters and their mettle. His regular patrols hadn't encountered much difficulty in beating them back, leading Gir into a false sense of security. The threat always seems to come from where we least expect it...He turned his forward once again. His sapphire blue eyes scanned over the information flowing from the Silver Jedi assets closest to Barataria. Mixed signals intelligence...Well, that should at least make things interesting. The blonde man could recall some of the darker days of the old Republic-One Sith War, where a variety of unconventional strategems and ruses were tried in an effort to try and gain an advantage over the other side. As he read about the distress signal, he couldn't help but recall one incident where a particular clever hacker had managed to temporarily jam everyone's local subspace radio network with such a distress signal: people didn't even realize that there other's out there trying to communicate, broadcasting a distress signal of their own. Those diplomats got lucky. I wonder if that will be the case this time. He glanced at his wrist chrono. Only time will tell this time...

Objective: Don't know, maybe fight somone
Good Peps: SJO [member="Jyoti Nooran"], [member="Josh DragonsFlame"], [member="Draven Dursden"], [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]
Mommy Says These people are bad: ME (mainly [member="Rex Taff"], nom nom nom nom)

Was he late? it sure felt like it, seeing as everyone else was already equipped and ready yo go, squads of rangers all decked out in armor, smol Charlie playing around with a blaster while the Ehcani master stood over watch. A ranger who seemed familiar addressing his troops and preparing for combat wile mister runs in guns blazing was hanging out with his peps, perhaps he should get his own little gang to hang out with, would not always be able to rely on other Jedi members to be available.

Out of breath the young Jin shambled towards the groups, his personal vibro blades already attached to the back of his combat Yukata, not really meant for camouflage but considering this was a stealth ship and how Mando's fought it was not really necessary. Said vibro blade being sharpened to a fine point that could cut skin at a mere touch, but more then that the cortosis coating of the blade made them ideal for fighting force users. In addition the Jin Jedi wore his new saber on side, the ornate dragon head and silver like metal casing making it seem more like a ritual blade then something force combat.

Then again that would be par for Tanasuki's personality, not what he seemed, a misdirection of his true self, a trap as some people would say, kind of funny, but he could not help but feel it was a reference to something else from the past. "Eh, what do I care, not is not the time to be talking about what some fish person said a while ago, we fighting Mando's, or are they are fighting us? not sure, but hopefully I will get to fight someone". Despite being a Waring culture and the best bounty hunters Tana had not really faced off against one yet, the excitement of a good fight making him even more eager for the ship to jump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaYw0QwLBkQ
Objective: Deliver supplies to “refugees”

With a silvery whine, the Stardust Melody began its slow approach to the frigid planet of Barataria. Looking down for just a moment, pilot Cassius Droma gave the senor readout a quick glance. There didn’t seem to be many ships yet in the area – good. They’d gotten here pretty fast, considering that this was absolutely a last-minute kind of mission.

Cassius had already been in the hangar prepping the Stardust for launch when he had noticed flight crews racing to starfighters. There were a slew of reports dinging his datapad, as well as people shouting garbled orders at each other. Just when he thought he was going to be putting on his flight suit and hopping into his trusty A-wing, he was given a different assignment – delivery. As fast as humanly possible, his cargo hold was loaded up with food, weapons, supplies… everything a small colony might need to defend themselves.

The details were still sketchy, and everyone was still running around too quickly for anyone to give him a straight answer, but Cassius had been told to take these supplies to Barataria, where a settlement of refugees had signaled for aid. Apparently, Mandalorians had just entered the system, and the breach of Silver space was enough to send everyone into red alert. Either way, within minutes, Cassius had lifted off and was already punching in hyperspace coordinates.

He wasn’t completely alone. With him were Liuna Ondizi and Stephanie Swail, who had just happened to be standing close by in the hangar, as well as his trusty droid companion, T-4D4. T-4 was in the co-pilot’s seat, punching away at the sensor readings, as well as taking weather reports for where they were intending to land on Barataria. It was going to be absolutely freezing, but Cassius was used to that. He’d lived his whole life on an ice block of a world – this wouldn’t phase him too much.

“We should be there in a couple of minutes,” Cassius called over his shoulder to his two passengers. So far, so good. His little freighter was fast, and the hope was that he could get here and help resupply as well as possibly help defend a small outpost of refugees before the Mandalorian warships got there. Flicking a small switch, he sent out a transponder signal to the Silver Jedi ships already in the system, just to let them know who he was.

He smoothly entered orbit, and plotted a course to head down into the atmosphere.

[SIZE=11pt][member="Liuna Ondizi"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Kaine Australis"][/SIZE]

Allies: [member="Elijah King"] [member="Aubrey King"] [member="Alyisa Mithel"] [member="Sala'dine"] [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Gir Quee"]
Enemies: Pirates TBD
Craft: 8 Chiloon-IIIs in endurance configuration

"Hotelier, we've picked up a new group of signals, well over a dozen craft of unknown origin"

"Do not engage any of them until we have ascertained hostile intent. For the time being, we have to escort the relief supplies to the refugees down to the surface, but keep your eyes open if they open fire at you. Loosen formation: these tiles of explosive-reactive armor will detonate if any of us is shot down, and cause a maxibig explosion"

For what I know the Mandos may as well have designed new hardware post-Utapau, so it may as well be a bunch of prototypes... she thought, while the transponder is active, to let other SJ forces in-system know she was there. With [member="Cassius Droma"] heading down to the surface to escort the supplies, the time has come for Varindar and her wingmen to enter escort duty, while maintaining some distance between the supplies and them, so as to not arise any suspicion. And also maintaining some altitude: flying too low may cause problems and also arise suspicion. Yet, she also needed to stand ready to fight those Mandos if they proved to be hostile. Just that shields ought to be active here. The weather radar showed that the temperature around the refugees was somewhat frigid, just that she should just hope not to be shot down. She also suspected that it was only the beginning of something much more sinister, chaotic even, and that she is not to open fire at anything until hostiles fire at her craft or at the supplies being airlifted to the refugees.

Liuna

L
Objective: Deliver supplies to “refugees”

It had all happened so fast.

One moment she was strolling the grounds of Silver Rest and the next she was on a mission. Anyone in close proximity to the hangar had been called to action, some boarding their Starfighters and others helping to prepare for a possible encounter with the Mandalorians. It was enough to make one’s head spin. But, Liuna had a single task to focus on and that made it easy.

After helping to load the Stardust Melody with supplies, she had boarded to accompany said supplies safely to their destination. Apparently, there were refugees in need on Barataria. The destination didn’t matter so much to Liuna, but there was a soft place in her heart for those that had been driven from their homes. After all, she knew what it was like… she remembered Mirial with pangs of guilt, sorrow, and homesickness. If there was a chance to bring some comfort and security to those without, she would be there.

However, she didn’t want the others to know that she felt this way… so she stood in the doorway of the bridge with her arms crossed and face impassive.

Her fellow Shadows were there, Cassius Droma and Stephanie Swail -- the former flying the ship, and the latter standing by. The Shadows existed quietly; most of them had other roles and duties within the Order. However, it was Liuna’s only job here. Today she hoped to put those skills to the side, in order to complete their mission of goodwill… but truly, the work of a Shadow was never really done. There was never a time when they were off-duty.

“Alright, then.” She replied with a nod.

The ship began to break atmo, it wouldn’t be long now. The Mirialan’s feet wanted to pace in anticipation, but she forced them to be still.

[member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Stephanie Swail"], [member="Yasha Mantis"], [member="Kaine Australis"]

Allies: [member="Jyoti Nooran"], [member="Valkren Calderon"], [member="Josh DragonsFlame"], [member="Charlie"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Odin Stormbreaker"], [member="Draven Dursden"], [member="Yuroic Xeraic"], [member="Andorreth Vikar"], [member="Narcissa Tallhart"] [member="Alyisa Mithel"] [member="Sala'dine"], [member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Tanaski Yumi"]

The Armoury bustled as what seemed like a never-ending crowd of rangers and Jedi flowed through to gather weapons and gear before they sped away to their assigned locations. It had been a long time since the Silver Jedi Order had prepared for war, especially an attack so sudden, so overwhelming that they couldn't see any other way than to respond with the full might of their military. The pink-haired padawan glanced up, her blue eyes dancing over the assembled personages. People she'd met, people she knew and complete strangers all bustled past her. The Mandalorian empire, not a kettle of fish anyone wanted to fight but if they wanted to tangle then they wouldn't find the silver Jedi or this Padawan wanting. A soft whir accompanied her rise from her seat as she glanced down at the armour encasing her like a second iron skin as she slowly clenched and unclenched her fist. It felt a little like a coffin, a sarcophagus wrapping itself around her, a sense of almost claustrophobia but if that's what it took to win, took to survive then. A small smile touched her face as she looked up reaching for her weapon as she focused on her friends nearby, then she was going to do whatever it took.

Objective: Stay Alive, Eventually Hug her Daughter
Allies: Mandalorian Empire [member="Kaine Australis"] [member="Ambrose Mantis"] [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Tom Taff"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Cynthia Garon"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Aedan Miles"] [member="Karsan Calnov"] [member="Spencer Australis"] [member="Raiz Australis"] [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] [member="Kaden Mantis"] [member="Quoron Mantis"] [member="Strider Garon"]
Enemies: This Cell/SJO? [member="Kanta Tukka"] [member="Pandora"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Cassius Droma"] [member="Tanaski Yumi"] [member="Charlie"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Odin Stormbreaker"] [member="Draven Dursden"] @Yuroic Xeriac

[media]https://youtu.be/NvpYizUP3VQ[/media]

Breathe, [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] ’s fingers slid into her hand, gripping her away from the searing pain in her belly, and in her side.

Yasha choked on the air in the pirate’s shelter. She felt the pressure on her body pass, raising up on her palms, until she pushed herself to sit against the cell wall. She yanked her gorget off, hitting the maglock on her armour and feeling the decrease in weight as 40 pounds of Beskar sloughed off her ruined body.

A piece of side plating stayed put, bent in from slag thrown by the explosions in Zila City. Yasha grunted and pressed her hand to the wound, pulling the metal off with a whinny of pain.

“Can’t… can’t breathe… Beskar’gam’s shot… think…” Yasha tried to swallow, easing to lengthen out her wounded side for Cassiopeia and [member="Kaden Mantis"] to see. “… ribs are broken. Our Mandos are coming for us, Cass… Am…” Yasha coughed and gasped against the pain. Her hand numbly fumbled for the Sovereign Specific bacta shot attached to her thigh plate, which rested on the floor.

The little coconut scurried over to the shot, orange furred hands pulling out of the coconut armour to pick it up. [member="Kanta Tukka"] padded over to [member="Kaden Mantis"], and held the shot up.

It must have been important, the strange creature fumbling.

“Ambrose was on Garos… Australis won’t let this stand… we can hold out… we can…” Yasha laid her head back against the wall, gulping in what air she could.

“Kade’ika… she feels wrong… it’s too early. Body took a shock is all. It’s not time… not yet it can’t be… but if it is… Adara comes first.” Yasha pulled her beskad from her thigh, and tossed it to the ground in front of her husband.

For the moment the pain subsided and she was able to look to Cassiopeia, give her a slim smile. “You’re going to be fine, Cassi. Don’t let this scare you, okay? I have faith in our Mandos… they’ll shoot down the walls of the universe itself to get even one wounded Mandalorian back… now they’ve got four… hard… hard t’breathe…”

Yasha Mantis’ eyes went glassy and unfocussed. Her lips parted, as the sound of her belaboured breathing flowed through the MBE to Ambrose and Kaine, to Rex, to Gray… to all who held her trust.

“Shhhh, Adara. Hush honey… give Mama a minute… just… just a minute.” Dull amber eyes swept the room, as another pressure on her belly rocked through her. “Oh… Adara please listen-nnnnnnnnnngggghhhh!!”

Knees shook, one hand holding the wound on her side, the other gripping Cassiopeia’s hand.

Iakchi

Babysitter, Bodyguard, Beverage Connoisseur

Allies: [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Valkren Calderon"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Charlie"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Odin Stormbreaker"] | [member="Draven Dursden"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Narcissa Tallhart"] | [member="Alyisa Mithel"] | [member="Sala'dine"] | [member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Iakchi didn't have much information on the reasons they were to fight the Mandalorians, but he didn't need it. Mandalorians had long been a trouble for Jedi, as their trademark material resisted the traditional Jedi weaponry, and their tricky little gadgets were more than a nuisance. Which made defeating one in combat all the more enticing of a proposition.

It wasn't the Jedi way to have a desire for combat, he knew this. And yet still he looked forward to the engagement, meditating on the Force in advance to strengthen his connection. They would be departing soon for Barataria, and he would be ready for his first engagement as a Knight.

He attributed his early rising to the position to his master, who allowed him to keep with his people's tradition of the Test of Ascension. Several of his Trials had been encompassed by the ancient Wookiee tradition, things that were taken into account when it came time to advance. This put him further ahead than many of his fellow padawans of age, including [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] . The Wookiee found her armored after his meditation, ready for battle.

"Have you gotten an assignment yet?" he asked the human padawan as he approached, wondering himself where he'd be deployed and who with.

Objective: Rescue and destroy
Allies: ME
Enemies: SJO

War. It was in the very air. Like ash upon the tongue it thickened the mouth and brought a bitter taste. To most at least. War. A sweet lover he had known for over a century. An embrace that he had allowed to shelter and nourish his dark and twisted soul. At least until he had found himself in the embrace of his riduur. Even with the embers of humanity stoked by the gentle breath of life his Gin'ika had cast upon him, war was a lover that had known him for generations. And he was not a fickle man to cast off one who had given succour to his soul, even such as it had been.

When the war dogs circled after the attack it became obvious that the rabid leader, [member="Ambrose Mantis"] , was out for blood. And not just a few drops but rather he wanted to be showered within the blood of his enemy, a baptism of rebirth ... or perhaps a burial shroud of crimson. Rage of the like he hadn't tasted in years. The cold mask of Nemesis slipped upon his face, features turned gaunt as a skull's grin finally lay upon his face. This was not to be a quaint little battle that would fade from memory, but a war of revenge and retribution that would rain down like fire and brimstone, a damnation from a deity in holy, righteous anger. Ambrose wanted to fill the dead to journey with his wife into the Nether, a pyre that would bring a warrior into the after life. Such was what emanated from the grizzled warrior.

Moving up the ramp Rhaegar took one of the last seats available on the ship, more then one of the warriors on board giving him a disdainful glance. They were armored warriors that were wearing the trappings of battle. He in the other hand had entered wearing a tan three piece suit, the tapping of his cane keeping pace with his limp. Settling down he pulled the crash webbing about him as the ships rose from the planet even before the ramps had closed. Such was the haste of their departure.

As the ships quickly jumped into hyperspace he settled into his seat, eyes hidden behind the perpetually constant crimson shades perched upon his nose. Even though he was in a resting pose, his eyes flickered over the soldiers until resting upon their leader, Ambrose. He had seen the man at the recent wedding he had attended with Ginnie, and afterwards had learned a bit about the other man. A grizzled veteran, the man was gurlanin and held a position of authority within the Mandalorian Empire. And he had more then prove himself, as was obvious by the way his men looked at him with awe that only those who had earned such through leading warriors as a warrior could acquire.

Rage permeated the ship, just from the single man. And from listening to the hushed whispers from those men closest, Rhaegar learned that it wasn't just the capture of the Mand'alor to that spurred him to action, but loss. Of his own mate. The slight bob of his Adam's apple was the only emotional indication Nemesis revealed as the thought of his own riduur being stripped from life. Rage infected and the man felt the overwhelming desire for death of those who snuffed her life out, especially in such a craven matter.

Reaching out in the force he fed his own emotion of rage into the area around Ambrose. He would not directly touch the gurlanin for he knew of their abilities, yet he fueled the swirling maelstrom of emotions of which Ambrose stood at the center. Memories of tender moments were thought of then cast off. Nemesis merely nudged these memories back towards the gurlanin with glimpses of his mate's death that was provided by the other soldwho had seen the recording from a few vode present at the attack. A memory of a soft kiss followed by the explosion that consumed the man's riduur.

The purpose wasn't to torment the gurlanin but rather to drive home the need for ferocity and lack of mercy their assault needed. While Nemesis didn't doubt that the other man wanted to feel the crunch of his enemy's bones between his jaws, he didn't know of Ambrose would ease back from the precipe and attempt a cooler approach.

The Mand'alor was in labor. Time was short. He had felt it in the force, a ripple upon the still waters. Many possible futures existed and none had solidified yet. Swift action with no qualms of morals were needed. So the scene of Ambrose's mate being bombed, her flesh shredded and charred, was relived over and over.

The ship and sisters exited hyperspace and soared into orbit like shooting stars. As the exterior of the vessels heated the temperature rose within the hold. Tempers, rage, anger were stoked by the external stimuli. His grip tightened upon his cane as he felt the depths of emotions felt by all within attempt to find a foothold upon his own soul. Yet he managed to deflect to rising fury to remain cold. Nemesis allowed a cruel smile to cross his lips as the landing gear was felt deploying, their arrival imminent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom