Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion What's Your Range?

Sometimes people tend to play one gender, one type of character, one alignment. Sometimes we prefer to write only fighty-fight characters, or only healers. Maybe you only write Jedi, Sith, NFUs—maybe you don’t even like to write humanoids at all and go with monsters! Sometimes we branch out more and try something different. Sometimes we don’t, and like to stick within our comfort zone. Whatever your philosophy is on roleplaying, it’s all good. No judgment, we’re here to have fun.

After 5 years on Chaos, my character range as increased to encompass the following:
  • Pink woman
  • Slightly older pink woman
  • Pink woman’s mom (also pink)
  • Pink woman clone
  • Pink woman mixed with another race but still pink
Types I’ve flopped with:
  • Man (???)
  • Soldier (Haven’t watched enough movies yet)
  • Big Evil
  • Smart people
So Chaos, what’s your range? What types of characters do you like to play? What do you have trouble with?

I write wizards and mad scientists; potentially charming, almost certainly a bit eccentric.

I tend to fall flat when trying to write martial or brawny characters and I haven't even tried writing a dumb character. Unless you count Dolo, a D&D half-orc that has nothing to do with the site whatsoever; bless his heart, he died in the first session because he was too trusting.

1T5b.gif

Uh, probably one of the only things I'm known for:
Corellian Shadow Jedi & Spies
Lara Croft Allyson Locke

What I fail at:
Everything else

710858804706672740.png

Rosath

R
Yes...

Certain things I won't play because I don't feel comfortable doing so, or feel like I just plain shouldn't.
But I try to write to make myself better and make a good story instead of trying to be edgy lord mcgee.
I will hunt for them feels though.
Slowburn/slice of life and such are my favorite read/writes.

if they're watching anyways
hi I’m here to flex my massive, throbbing, prodigious range
  • Human teenager Jedi, supreme pure gal
  • Human badass smuggler, an ultimately depressed character that I somehow got 500 posts on
  • Human goofball (badass edition), who I enjoy making fun of but simultaneously is one of the most interesting characters I've ever written
  • Chonky four-armed alien, who I admittedly haven’t written enough of
  • Chad Thyrsian
  • Near-human pilot, insecure and masochistic, somehow
  • Near-human amnesiac Force user
  • A tank driver with no personality or species, just tank
there are a few others but we don't talk about them (except for my poor awakened droid that I wish someone would hang out with ;-;)

The only discrepancies are:

• Evil/malicious characters. I do have one (that is for the most part shelved) but I struggled to write him as I couldn't pin down his characterization and didn't foster enough good threads. Personally I don't find it a big deal. I just like when characters do good things. Characters who occasionally do bad things for good reasons are cool too.
  • Old characters. Sorry, I just want the majority of my cast to be young and attractive.
Variety is cool but the people who write specific vibes/types of characters get good at it super fast. Pretty much everyone who's posted above has got an archetype or two ironed out to perfection. Especially Zef Halo Zef Halo .

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
My thing (on chaos anyway) seems to be mandalorians. Like, The only characters of mine that haven't flopped here have all been mandalorians.
they're all female too. I'm uh, Trans, And Chaos actually helped me realize this. Discovered while experimenting that I was uncomfortable getting into the heads of my male characters the way I do my female characters. So yeah, Fun facts with Aloy lol

So, mostly mandalorians. Bounty Hunters mostly, but also vigilante types, And recently a sort crusader but with less savage methods? And even the queen of krieg once upon a time!
All were pre-30s by varying degrees, Because I want to watch them grow in real time and make it a challenge to see if they'll survive to their 30s or older lmao!
All lesbian or bi disasters of course ;)

Stuff I've done that flopped though?

-Dark Jedi criminal,
-Bounty hunter guild master,
-Spec-ops captain
-7th sister style sith inquisitor

I want to try a fighter ace sometime, And maybe a proper nieve stormtrooper grunt? That'd be cool, but I don't have the muse rn.

Ordinarily I'd probably open up with saying I don't want to brag, but this time I make an exception: I would like to brag on my self-proclaimed exceptional range of characters!

I've made characters of all shapes, varieties, types, genders, and intelligence. So I shall make a table in rough chronological order, I am sure to miss a few, but they will be unnoteworthy to include :)

SpeciesForce OrderAlignmentSexDetailsPost CountActive?
NoghriDark SiderChaotic EvilMaleOne ArmFew HundredNo
Human (Originally) !Sith LordLawful EvilMaleVery Fat, ! currently a demonic monsterHundredsYes
ResuNFUTrue NeutralMaleDiplomatLess than 100No
Tusken RaiderNFULawful GoodMaleMandoCouple HundredNo
TogrutaNFULawful GoodFemaleSenatorA fewNo
HumanNFUChaotic NeutralFemaleInventor/Mercenary ! currently more known as a characters mother than as a character herself.HundredsNo !
HuttJediLawful GoodMaleRelated to Canon characterA fewNo
ResuNFUChaotic GoodFemaleMercenary, later a cyborg (CybeResu)Few HundredNo
Resu !NFUChaotic EvilMaleMoross Crusader, ! Morossian SithspawnFew HundredNo (Dead)

Hutt !Primeval WitchChaotic Gross (Evil)Male !Reincarnating Spirit once related to the Zambrano Family as well as Darth Voracitos ! has been other sexes and species, currently including a mirror dimension version that is a female StarweirdHundredsNo (Perma-Dead) ! Mirror-Dimension copy exists, but isn't currently active either
HumanNFUChaotic NeutralMaleSon of Human Female Above (Bounty Hunter)More than 100, climbingYes
Iskalloni-CyborgNFUTrue NeutralMaleMad ScientistLess than 100Yes
FarghulNFULawful NeutralFemaleCatra!Less than 100, climbingYes
ChissChiss 'Skywalker'True NeutralFemaleTimey-whimeyA fewNo
DroidNFULawful NeutralFeminine
Programming
Assassin infiltratorA fewNot really
DurosNFULawful EvilMaleSenatorA fewNot really
EDIT: asterisks were breaking my table, so I replaced them with ! instead.

Some may say that I have a thing for the unusual, but this table actually surprised me a bit. I didn't realize how many NFUs I've made! Or how few females I've made, 6 out of 17? With most of them barely contributing to the post count, aside from the one big outlier. I think the one big weakness I seem to have is writing diplomatic/political characters that stick, alongside traditional Jedi/lightside ones. Oh, and droids, I've only got the one, and no matter how cyborg Lance of Dreams is he doesn't really count lol.

Last edited:
I guess if we're gonna actually talk about range, I'll do a bullet list to look cool like everyone else since I'm a sad man-child who needs to fit in.
  • Pureblood (later human, haha essence transfer go brrrrrr) Sith Lord with an inferiority complex that uses gross opulence and rampant facetiousness to hide how empty he is. (RIP my man A-Nasty)
  • Human disgraced Sith-Imperial admiral turned New-Imperial Grand Vizier with an age crisis desperate to form a tangible legacy and remain relevant despite the tightening grip of his advancing age.
  • Geonosian LITERAL GOD OF THE UNIVERSE (second to Gat Tambor)
  • Zeltronian street kid turned Jedi Padawan with a constant struggle against >dark side temptation spurred from a troubled upbringing.
  • Near-human former multi-time champion shockboxer with an adrenaline addiction and a disassociative personality disorder making it increasingly difficult to distinguish between himself and his in-ring persona.
  • Human COMPNOR agent, son of aforementioned Grand Vizier, escaped from involuntarily transformation into a sith acolyte and stuggling to keep his past a secret while living up to his father's example in a regime that despises sith.
  • Arkanian Offshoot former Jedi turned Imperial Knight being used as an experiment guineapig for a TOP SECRET PROJECT that has turned him into a remorseless killing machine for COMPNOR.
  • Chiss PURGE Commando riddled with PTSD and a vendetta against those who took her daughter (its sith who knew) but is overall a resounding failure in everything despite her drive to grasp vengeance.
  • Star Wars Galatic Battlegrounds Tech Level 4 Unit who will be the final boss of Chaos.
  • Super Advanced corpo-droid with the implanted personality and will of AvCorp's former CEO
I have others, but I don't write them enough (or plan to write them in the near future) for it to really be relevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom