Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What inspired your character’s name?

Srina Talon

I'm a nerd. Let's start there. I have an unhealthy obsession with Sailor Moon, Naturo, DBZ and Star Wars (ofc) xD

Serena was the dub version of a character on Sailor Moon. She was my favorite growing up. There was also a book I loved called Sirena that was actually quite grown for the intended audience. I just messed with it till I got Srina. Then Talon is pretty easy...Darth Talon.

I ported her from a place where her play by was Katy Perry. Nuff Mary Sue said.

View attachment 387

All Things With Love
Codex Judge
Gianna Aegis

I have no idea where Gianna came from, except, that it sounded pretty and Italian. Cassius Droma Cassius Droma may have picked it.

Aegis was a shield carried by someone in Greek mythology. Might have been Athena. She's a super pacifistic chick so the idea of a shield made me happy.

No good stories here xD

Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori: Elpsis is taken from Elpis, which means 'hope' in Greek. It was a deliberately ironic choice at the time. Originally, her last name was Kallikora, which was chosen at random. She became Elpsis Elaris after reconciling with her birth mother Coryth. Then a Kerrigan-Alcori after being adopted by Sio.

Enyo Typhos: Enyo is a goddess of war in classical Greek mythology. Dunno how I came up with Typhos. Maybe I was thinking of typhus. Or just thought it sounded cool.

Siobhan Kerrigan: Given name chosen at random, family name taken from Starcraft.

Kaida Taldir: Sounded elfy.

I forget how I came up with Gwyneira, although I remember wanting a nicknameable character, so her nickname is Gwyn. Her last name, Craft, follows Star Wars surname rules like pointers to the character's persona (Han Solo) and using simple words or a word, (The Skywalker family.)

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Ryv: Three letters is easy. I have radial nerve palsy, and my middle finger, index finger, and thumb casually rest near those three letters. Its a choice of convenience.

Vaulkhar: Druchii for warlord.

Errant: Latin for wanderer or lost, English definition means delinquent. Works well for the lost Prince of Eshan who intends on conquering the planet.

Vyr: I'm sure you can figure this out.

Shute Gunray: Two layered pun. Reference to Nute Gunray + gun pun.

When this account was Triam Akovin, I didn't come up with the name. An artist whose name now eludes me, long ago, made some random signatures that didn't belong to any body, and offered them up for people to claim.

I became enamored with one of them, and her name was Triam Akovin. I played her for years, and now I am playing as her son, who was named by an important figure in Triam's life.

So true to life, there is no 'origin' to the name Cassus Akovin, it was a name he received from those before him.

As for my other major characters, such as Darth Voracitos (aka, Jonathan Boke), I chose a word that connected to gluttony, such as Voracious. Then I just changed a few letters to make it resemble 'Thanatos' God of death. So my big boi is Darth Hungry-God-of-Death (very apt I would say). For his legal name, Jonathan is a derivative of a portion of my real name, and Boke was a made up name that sounded "big" to me.

For my Resu characters, I just chose a kind of material and some kind of profession, or description. Easier to come up with than some 'alien' nonsense, particularly since these aliens didn't speak traditionally.

One of my old characters, a Tusken Mandalorian by the name of Hutuun'Kyramud, meant 'Coward Killer' in Mando'a. They are now retired, and have been replaced by iBorg Cyborg Extroidinare 'Lance of Dreams', which I think I got from a random generator of some kind that I thought was neat.

Zambrano the Hutt (now the Starweird), was literally a joke I made into a horrifying reality. It has many names that I don't feel like going into.

Kadora'Tra is a new character that I modeled pretty closely after Catra from the new She-Ra cartoon (please watch it is good). I wanted to maintain the K sound and the Tra sound from Catra, and I decided the best way to do that was to make a nod to a very popular character pairing (a ship) with the protagonist Adora. The ship name was Catradora, so I changed the C to a K, and move the Tra to the end. Bam, instant character lol

I also have a Chiss character that I'm pretty sure I just bashed the keyboard until it looked pretty while matching the lore well enough lol

Lastly I have a second BH character that is a droid I found in the factory, and have specifically declined to name it. It is simply the laziest possible, 'This Unit' so as to not get attached in case she gets blown up :p

Thurion started off as a character name I would often use in either DnD tabletop, later used to name my protagonist in classic PC games like Icewind Dale or Baldur's Gate. I would often play as a Paladin, thus Heavenshield seemed a good surname for a holy warrior. I would go on to use it for my Jedi Knight when playing SWTOR back in the early 2010's.

When I joined Chaos in 2013, he was my very first character as it made sense to just carry over my char from SWTOR. His real surname isn't actually Heavenshield, but it was the name he took when he joined the Jedi Order after being rescued as an orphan. Asha Seren, the Jedi who rescued him, ended up adopting him, thus his legal name is actually Thurion Seren.

As for the rest of his family, Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield and I made the conscious decision to name them all using Th- in the beginning, as a way to honor Thurion's father Thrand Dawnbringer Thrand Dawnbringer , who was the first (ICly) of his line to be named in that tradition. The exception being any adopted children of course, such as Nina Heavenshield Nina Heavenshield for instance.

Bors Greythorne Bors Greythorne I took inspiration from the King Arthur legend, as one of his knights is called Bors. Plus it sounds like 'boar', which I then decided should be the symbol of his clan.

Arnor Oathkeeper Arnor Oathkeeper is from Lord of the Rings, as there is an old kingdom of Men in Middle-Earth called Arnor.

Lifelong Nerd, Roleplayer, Writer and Philosopher
"Riskyr" is Bothese for "Curious / Inquisitive", unless the idiots working for the Mouse have changed it (I'd ignore it even if they did) - I also picked it because the nickname "Risk" is too cool to pass up. "Trafnal" is just a random in-universe human last name that I thought was catchy.

Alrighty then,

Gar'n: come from my in-game name for anything related online which is Garandinho

S.: Stands for Shirley, from the scene in Airplane

Rumack: Comes from the character from the movie Airplane Dr. Rumack

Now since my character is a medic who's a bit of a goofball hence i adopted my name from Dr. Rumack in Airplane, who was played by my favourite comedian, Leslie Nelson. Another reason as to why i chose his name, was a play on words on my character hobbies which was drinking and his favourite alcohol Rum.

Faegard is conventionally Celtic, probably more accurately spelled "Fægard" but like that's too much effort to do so I modernized it. The name itself is actually mine - if you believe in witchcraft and witch-names and the like, although I'm not nearly as protective of it as some witches are.

creepy1.gif

See with eyes unclouded by hate
A'Runda was a name I kind of just thought up, and it unintentionally worked as a pretty lore friendly name for a tusken name, well at least a human tusken name. It sometimes seems like more traditional tusken names are just a bunch of Us and Rs. The "A" at the front of the name also means son of. So in a sense his name mean's Son of Runda. If he was female his name would be K'Runda, for Daughter of Runda. This aspect of his name wasn't actually intended.

In all honesty I came up with the name A'Runda while in the shower...

Lifelong Nerd, Roleplayer, Writer and Philosopher
A'Runda A'Runda
Technically not the worst thing you could be doing when trying to think up a character name, my Friend... Also, we need to catch up sometime. Been a while, and I thought you were gone for good.

I"m just going to do my three experiments and my most recent one, as I feel like those have the most backstory to them.

For Subject 648 Slipknot Subject 648 Slipknot , I just picked the name that came to me the moment that I thought up his bio, I didn't find out about the band until after... lol.

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red My 2nd character ever made when I started first roleplaying back in 2015-2016 on a different site. For Red's name, well, the concept for him was made back in 2014, so I was a tad bit younger then. The first one was one named Lucky, like Red but less extreme and more friendly. The reason why he isn't on here is that A: Lucky is a pretty common name for characters, and B: I couldn't find an image with his bizarre hairstyle, which is customary for all of my characters. :p

Subject 82 Snow Okay so the story behind this is on Discord, me and another member(I think it was Redd Redd ) were chatting in the general chat of the CIS Discord, and we were talking about Rainbow Six Siege. Why? Cause my profile pic is Bandit. So we were talking about the game, and eventually we got to Iana, another character in the game. I eventually agreed to create a Iana based character. Why? Because me and Redd both agreed that Iana was hot. Enough said. ;)

Dr. Veinstein Dr. Veinstein I got the inspiration for this character's name from someone in my life IRL. Plus, all good evil scientists need the word "stein" at the end of their name, it's customary.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom