Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What inspired your character’s name?

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
Well it started with me zooming through mandalorian names. Wanted something akin to Jango but feminine, Thus Joti.

Then came her last name, which is actually a handle of sorts. "Johayc" Is the mandalorian word for "Spoken". In this context, "Speaker" ie: "One who never shuts up" lol

And at that point, a friend reminded me that JoJo's bizarre adventures is apparently a thing, And so she officially became an honorary jojo reference ;p

Faegard is conventionally Celtic, probably more accurately spelled "Fægard" but like that's too much effort to do so I modernized it. The name itself is actually mine - if you believe in witchcraft and witch-names and the like, although I'm not nearly as protective of it as some witches are.

creepy1.gif

"Fae" is definitely Celtic, though the suffix -gard is a Germanic name element.

From ancient Germanic gardaz = "enclosure".

skin, bone, and arrogance
Natasi Fortan - Natasi was named after Natasi Daala due to her family being staunch imperialists. Fortan was a direct response to my previous 'flagship' character, Avadreia Lacroix, having a kind of absurd, almost baroque-like name. I wanted something simple, straightforward, and easy to pronounce.

Renata Westaway - I'd heard the name Renata on a TV show whose name escapes me (Laura Dern played her) and while I wasn't a fan of the character, I liked the name. I stole the name Westaway from Outside Xtra's Luke Westaway because I love that group of channels.

Audrey Saint George - Honestly, who the hell knows

Jacquetta Janvrin - Jacquetta was the mother of Elizabeth Woodville and was said to be a witch. Janvrin was the name of one of Queen Elizabeth II's private secretaries. There's no special significance, but once I settled on Jacquetta I wanted to have 'JJ' as a nickname, and Janvrin sounds just Star Warsy enough.

Probably none of my other characters or their names are interesting enough to mention.

Tristan Evore - Tristan is such a sophisticated name and tbh, I don't remember where the Evore came from.

Cypher Rage - Young me, full of rage and I liked computers so it fit back then

Custani Valcho - HA! Don't even know why I choose that

Vala Arcoum - A testament to Arcann and Valiya

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
I found a stupid formula on the internet

First Name: The first three letters of your last name... the first two of your first name...
Last Name: The first two of your mother's maiden name... the last three of your place of birth...

JewDa LeSan

That turned into Judah Lesan for reasons...

I think it sounds like a good Yuuzhan Vong name. But if you want to drill down, "quv" is Klingon for "he is honored," and Qandor is an adjusted spelling of "candor," meaning "open and honest," and also Superman's Bottle City of Kandor.

Adron is something I kind of derived from Adon which means fire in Gaelic. Adon sounded a little too plain so i threw the r in there to spice it up.

Darth Malphas is actually a very fun one I came up with. The demon Malphas would appear as a raven (I often speak to Adron's Raven black hair to kind of meet that bridge a bit). Malphas was the right hand of Satan as Darth Malphas is one of the hands to Darth Metus Darth Metus . There were a few other things I played off of but I first heard of Malphas in a favorite novel of mine, Dark-Hunters and while the character in that book is absolutely nothing like Adron, the research I did after reading the book stuck with me and made choosing his Sith title very easy.

I actually first decided on the epithet "The Shameless". It is a unique and eye-catching epithet that would suit a shamed Yuuzhan Vong character. For the name, I decided to look at words in black speech for inspiration due to the playby that I have chosen. Despite his barbaric appearance, I wanted a softer sounding name that would flow well with his epithet. However, black speech is filled with "urz" and "ogs" and "raks" and harsh syllables. Finally I discovered "shora" which is a black speech word for paleness. Seems to fit pretty well.

Joesph Leigh

J
Joesph was just a random name I came up with. As for the Leigh part, it comes from the character Marshal Leigh Johnson, who's from the video game Red Dead Redemption. He's one of the coolest characters in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom