Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question What faction do you wish was bumpin’ right now that isn’t?

Garven Piarcos

G
I think a large part of what makes a criminal faction fail is that most of the characters are so different they don’t end up writing together. It’s easy to write a speeder gang or a Hutt cartel but once you do a catch all for crime it’s more difficult. But if you narrow it too much you lose a lot of interest.

Another issue is that the criminals need to get recognized for their crimes. We need wanted posters and databases of crimes so that the galaxy can start to see them as a threat. If everybody just ignores them and the crime happens amongst npcs it gets boring.
Yeah, if you're going to have a criminal-focused faction, even if IC it's decentralized it still needs one core thing that unites them together other than "lol crime." Something that lends itself to why this collection of assassins, pirates, mercenaries, and thieves would work together to secure this space, or band together in this battle or that battle.

I think there's plenty of stories to be had with a faction built kind of like the Zann Consortium, Shadow Collective, or Hutt Cartels.

Yeah, if you're going to have a criminal-focused faction, even if IC it's decentralized it still needs one core thing that unites them together other than "lol crime." Something that lends itself to why this collection of assassins, pirates, mercenaries, and thieves would work together to secure this space, or band together in this battle or that battle.

I think there's plenty of stories to be had with a faction built kind of like the Zann Consortium, Shadow Collective, or Hutt Cartels.

I agree. I also think it’s important if the leaders try to get everybody involved and seek out the people who aren’t. I’ve attempted to join a few big threads and I get completely ignored in them. Sometimes it feels like there is a wall I keep hitting and if I could just break through I’d be a real part of the faction. I think other people feel similarly. A smaller faction could have an easier time making sure everybody is included because the staff aren’t stretched so thin.

What if we did a criminal monarchy? Basically a crime syndicate lead by royals.

The planet Zygerria is wide open right now with TSE going minor. They were once big names in the slave game but TSE outlawed slaves. We could say the planet was struggling to find alternative wealth sources and started to open into other avenues of crime. We'd have smugglers, drug runners, weapons dealers, slavers, traffickers, swoop gangs, and whatever else all held together by a loyalty to a kingdom and a mutual love of not starving.

Master of the Hyperspace Seas
Well, I’ll toss my hat in the ring.

The Exchange was a faction that I had started up with the help of Sly Chance Sly Chance to become a new criminal faction.

My original idea behind it was “A Major Faction made up of Minor Factions.” So you would have the classic ones like the Pyke Syndicate, Black Sun, Crimson Dawn, the Hutts, and then a couple new Chaos ones.

I never truly put the time and effort to get the ball rolling on it, but I always imagined that it could be a really cool crime faction. And now that people are wanting a big criminal/underworld group, I’ll probably start putting some threads together to see if y’all want to get the ball rolling on this.

Could be really fun.

Well, I’ll toss my hat in the ring.

The Exchange was a faction that I had started up with the help of Sly Chance Sly Chance to become a new criminal faction.

My original idea behind it was “A Major Faction made up of Minor Factions.” So you would have the classic ones like the Pyke Syndicate, Black Sun, Crimson Dawn, the Hutts, and then a couple new Chaos ones.

I never truly put the time and effort to get the ball rolling on it, but I always imagined that it could be a really cool crime faction. And now that people are wanting a big criminal/underworld group, I’ll probably start putting some threads together to see if y’all want to get the ball rolling on this.

Could be really fun.

I like that idea! I’m not sure about Black Sun. Pretty sure that’s a sub faction of the EE. But I would love to see some criminal stuff happening. We do have some pirates kicking around now.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing more species-specific factions. I understand why they don't happen much, but still, it would be cool to see.

One Sith. First Order. Dominion. Grayson Imperium was fun while it lasted. The Republic too.

If you wanna get down on some Grayson loyalist type stuff, the Ashlan Crusade is a bit of a spiritual successor to the Imperium :)

Caedyn Arenais

C
I was hoping to see The Rimward Trade League go into the Major/Map Game and become the next Outer Planets Alliance type Faction for the Outer Rim.

As cliche and overdone as it might be, I've always had a love for the New Galactic Republic due to its place in the canon.

As for my love of all things Jedi, the NJO and SJC are hitting all the right fields there for Chaos, and there's plenty of Sith opposition for them to enjoy so there's nothing I can really suggest on that end.

I wouldn't mind seeing the rise of a new Criminal Syndicate that would be willing to RP a rivalry with The Bounty Hunters' Guild as well.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
A lot seem to be looking for a criminal organization/empire. That could be very cool, and with the addition of populate threads I would imagine that it would be even more sustainable.

Hutt Cartel/empire could be fun!

Victor Carmine

V
I'm in the process of establishing my character for those who want members of a Criminal Faction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom