Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question What faction do you wish was bumpin’ right now that isn’t?

Everyone’s got dreams. What’s yours?

Massive chiss empire? Yuuzhan Vong synod? Space Prius Emporium? Fae Realm Dynasty?

Return of the Galactic Republic?

Float your ideas, none too big or small or silly.

George Vitalis

G
The OPA.
200.gif

Broke: Less Imp majors, more variety plz. Chiss Empire, Yuuzhan Vong, Hutts, Hapans, crusaders, pirates, w/e can be sustained and produce great stories.
Woke: The Jedi factions will stagnate without substantial Sith opposition, so if they're going to survive, we're gonna need a new Sith faction or faction(s) that can rise up to meet them. On the other hand, I don't want another Empire, as previously mentioned. So... a Sith faction that's more feudal might be cool. Or, idk, something other than an evil empire.
Joke: Plz no more mindless evil marauder/monstrous horde factions, I beg you. They present simple fun opposition, but they also tend to get old fast. uhhhhhhh

In other words, I too would like a crime syndicate faction!

Kingsley

intergalactic bird of mystery
I'd love to see another criminal faction rise. I don't think there is anything inherent to the concept that makes them fail, the ones that don't last tend to be because of mismanagement or dissatisfaction with being a more niche community.

I'm not in a position anymore to dedicate tons of time being active and driving a faction narrative forward. There's plenty of enthusiasm at least on paper but very little experience among active criminal mains at coordinating groups. We need more writers to step forward and lead/fail upward.

I think a large part of what makes a criminal faction fail is that most of the characters are so different they don’t end up writing together. It’s easy to write a speeder gang or a Hutt cartel but once you do a catch all for crime it’s more difficult. But if you narrow it too much you lose a lot of interest.

Another issue is that the criminals need to get recognized for their crimes. We need wanted posters and databases of crimes so that the galaxy can start to see them as a threat. If everybody just ignores them and the crime happens amongst npcs it gets boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom