Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Web of Decpeption - AC dominion of the Rings of Rapture

CC-Express-20220104-2313050-14736792215587435.png

grNBgcu.png

Objective: Discuss the rings
Tags: Lothaire Lothaire Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust

Admiral's Sabre
Ashlan Rosary
Kaldrweave military uniform
Personal guard of Ashlan Praetorian droids
Overseer Biochip OPBC-01a
Diamond snowflake necklade

Personal Diplomatic Transport -
Bucephalus Class Fast Diplomat

Wearing: this and this made of Kaldrweave

Isla herself had good relations with the Galactic Alliance, despite being a loyal followers of many who supported the Imperials, she held the democratic republic up as something that the Crusade could aspire to becoming. She was well aware of the corruption and her and Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix had had many discussions about the flaws in their respectife systems, even since the woman retired from politics. An Ashlan Republic, lead by good people of devout faith, that was the dream, she supposed.

Talk moved on the Lothaire Lothaire 's father and Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust was quick to discuss his thoughts. "If you can imagine a man who is both ruthlessly private while also being an extrovert firebrand, that wouldbe your father. He is a great man and the Crusade is lucky to call him it's Father, but as the Grand Marshall says, he wears the crown heavily. I remember even on Salar's Rest when we held the formal declaration of the constitution, he was tired and thinly stretched, a lesser man would not have been able to bear so much, but he pushed through.

I feel like he gained strength when he finally felt able to hand a level of authority to those he trusted, such as myself, the Grand Marshall and the Cardinal.

I've read some of your after action reports, it appears you share his desire to be at the forefront of battle and not cower behind like some other leaders across the galaxy."
She grinned at the man, she was after all the Grand Admiral as well as the Prime Minister and it interested her greatly the reports of a Grayson commanding Ashlan warships.

She thought for a moment of the comment about the common language be tolerated and his desire to enforce Essonian culture, the man was young and had a lot to learn about matters of state it appeared. "D'Essonesch Sprooch ass schéin a seng Kultur soll encouragéiert ginn wéi Dir seet....but, one thing you Father did learn was that maybe some times other cultures do still have a place, we are not the Bogan, we gain nothing from the blind worship of our faith.

We free people to give the them oppurtunity to follow Ashla, and many do, but the heavy hand forcing our culture onto other worlds leads to more instability and in my experience can also lead to greater chance of rebellion.

But who am I?"
She finally quipped with a shrug in a humorous tone to the two men. It was true that on the thousands of worlds that had been liberated by Ashlans, many paths had been tried, and in most cases, the heavier the hand of leadership, the more the new citizens fought back against the changes. She thought to her own home on Lur, since the Sith had left, the native culture had returned to its old ways, there was a smattering of Ashlan worship growing organically, but the planet was peaceful and it was safe, except for the occasional genetically engineered monster from the wasteland, but what planet doesn't have those.

5m5qOKV.png

bEBszml.png

Objective: Meet with the Midas Web
Tags: Daozu Pyke Daozu Pyke Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

Untitled185-20220717112228.png
Was it a good thing or a bad thing that the Pyke was happy to see them? Likely he would only be happy if he saw a clear way to be the victor in any deal the group might strike today, she genuinely wished she held more cards today, but her position was one of her own making, she was young and reckless, leaving a trail behind her, she wouldnt make that mistake again, she had been mentored very well by all of her teachers since them.

She smiled at Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud before adressing Daozu Pyke Daozu Pyke again. "You obviously know why I am here, your organisation has people in the right place in the Ashlan Crusade to tidy up that little mess I made when I was a bit younger. I am not that girl any more, I know more how the world works and I know there will be a cost to bear on my part. But you have been very vague on what this might be?" she smiled as she puffed on her cigarra. She had spoken to Ivory to make it clear that she hadn't invited her to pick up the tab on Mairéad's mistake, if she offered too, it was her right, she was the Donna after all, but Mairéad was trying to build reputation within the Family, it wouldn't do to be running to them to fix her mistakes for her.

As they made themselves comfortable Mairéad reached for her cigarra case and opened it, inside was a small cellophane wrap containing four Ruby Cigarra and a small adaptor to allow them to fit to a Pyke mask. Mairéad knew the man had no shortage of his chosen drug, but she hoped he would see it for the gesture of friendship it was. "I don't use spice myself, but a friend makes these, they are made from Ryll and I am told the quality is quite exceptional." She held out the tray to the Pyke to allow him to remove the cigarra is he so chose.

Last edited:
((phone post))

Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana , Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust

The prince listened intently as each of the dignitaries gave their opinions on recent matters and the character of his father. He remained tight-lipped, opting not to interrupt those he would consider to be his superiors in experience if not in rank.

He'd not personally participated in any campaigns against the Maw. He was far too busy completing his tenure at the officer's academy, and then he'd found himself attached to a pointless posting on the homeworld. All his knowledge of the marauders came from intelligence reports and gossip. Unfortunately they sounded terrible enough to lend credence to the grand martial's words. "I won't disagree with you on that. Still, I doubt Darth Solipsis and his cronies would have been so effective had the alliance been on proper watch." The failure seemed rather obvious to Lothaire.

He listened intently as they recounted his father. A tired and private man of seemingly sporadic energy with the will required to unite an empire; further emboldened by his ability to delegate evidently as well. They spoke of scars and toil carried on the soul, and the weight of crowns. It carved his father out as an enigmatic figure in his mind, though that was not much different than the mystery he'd been before.

At least now Lothaire knew where the two of them stood with each other.

The events that had transpired after meeting his father were a private matter, and the feelings that came with them effectively compartmentalized. His curiosity about the old man was purely of an academic variety now. Aspects to be studied and mimicked should they prove useful. The Kaiser had forbidden him from continuing this path, but fate had chosen otherwise, and thus far the old man hadn't raised a hand to stop it. Lothaire would continue forth regardless of his father's desires.

"He sounds quite interesting," the youth mused as he rolled the his pipe between his teeth, swaying it just enough that it did not spill. "A fellow straight from legend," Lothaire cracked a wide grin, his jovial tone so enthusiastic that it made be take. For sarcasm. "I am so honored to share his blood."

The prince chuckled ruefully for a moment, before lifting a brow at Isla's remarks on other cultures.

"A strong state is a culturally homogenous one, though I do understand we cannot go around enforcing that on the people. Folk will come to the Ashla in time as they are exposed to her works. Still, we have our traditions, I should like to keep them maintained." The extent of that 'maintenance' remained undecided for the time being.

The prince barked a laugh at the prime minister's last remark. "Well, as far as I know you're Prime Minister Isla Draelllix, or are you a perhaps a spy?" Lothaire lofted a brow, dry sarcasm dripping from his words.

He affixed her with an intense stare, eyes like that of an emerald sea locked wholly onto hers as if he were searching for something in her gaze. "What are your thoughts on the succession matter Miss Draellix?"

grNBgcu.png

Heinrich Faust: Grand Marshal of the Ashlan Crusade

Tags:
Lothaire Lothaire , Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana

kP1KTsJ.png

"A legend, yes... that much is true."

Heinrich never put Cedric on a pedestal. No matter how holy or regal the man, Heinrich could only see him as his friend. Nevertheless, that bond had spurred its own obstacles.

"Isla is correct, your father was always a walking paradox of a man. The pinnicle of Ashan worship, yet so much more..."

His voice trailed off once again as the Grand Marshal thought on his own first experience with the Kaiser, meeting with him at the foot of the Great Oak of Ruusan. How far they had all come... a merry band of mercs and exiles that had somehow managed to carve out their own corner of the galaxy.

"Homogenous... yes. Our nation requires a strong Essonian root..."

The Grand Marshal took care to look deeply into the new potential Graysonian heir.

"With all due respect, my prince, but you must understand how piecemeal we were upon our founding. It is easy to see Ashlan faith through the eyes of those such as your father, or the Cardinal..."

His voice faltered at the mention of Pietro's name, if only for the moment.

5m5qOKV.png

Last edited:
Wearing Serpentskin

Armed with: Lightsaber

Mission: Preserve (Steal)

("A Storm is Coming" Plays)

She had arrived, in disguise, had arrived on the rings last night.

She wasn't interested in the rings, as induced faith is not true faith in her eyes. The Ashlans could keep the damn rings for all she cared.

No, she was after something much more specific.

She had hidden it here, during the Plague. A Holocron containing a number of lost, secret artifacts and their locations for Jedi to use when she had still truly been Moya De Lifte. She was retrieving them now, but not for the Jedi this time.

Darth Themis had come to the Rings to partayyyyyyyy...

It also helped distract her from the absolute nightmare of living among these Ashlans.

It sickened her, having to heal them. Watching them worship that false idol. A Goddess. As if the Force has need for so trite a thing.

Operating as a healer, "Moya" had slowly, surreptitiously been recruiting in Essionian space.

They watched the ancient complex, pyramid shaped in green stone with four blue horizontal lines carved into it, with capstone of green kyber at the top. The Ashlan's guarded tentatively, very few currently stationed here, it's strange Light Side wards keeping out their Mages. There were few now, but more would come.

Four individuals, two men and two women, used the Force to sneak past the front gate Guards, hiding their presence inside it as they approached using stealth field generator belts.

The infiltration was to be a subtle thing, at first, waltzing past archeologists barely getting their equipment out.

But once they were in really deep...

The next phase of the plan would take place.

As a distraction, an empty Ashlan starship was detonated four miles away.

And it is there that Themis would be waiting, hidden, waiting to see who would show...

Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust

Last edited:

CC-Express-20220104-2313050-14736792215587435.png

grNBgcu.png

Objective: Discuss the rings
Tags: Lothaire Lothaire Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust

Admiral's Sabre
Ashlan Rosary
Kaldrweave military uniform
Personal guard of Ashlan Praetorian droids
Overseer Biochip OPBC-01a
Diamond snowflake necklade

Personal Diplomatic Transport -
Bucephalus Class Fast Diplomat

Wearing: this and this made of Kaldrweave

There was a sigh from the Prime Minister "You both use the word homogenous as if it is a trait that civilisations are able to easily posses, even in the tightly control Empire their is variations amongst the people." she smiled, Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust was being Diplomatic, Lothaire Lothaire was being inexperienced, both entirely forgivable offences.

"What are your thoughts on the succession matter Miss Draellix?"

Miss Draellix? Interesting choice, she hadn't been call that in years, her collegues used her titles and her friends used her first name. She detected no sinister intent though so she ignored it. But the question was certainly one that she would have to be wary of. It was too early to answer firmly for one side, she would not allow herself to be suspected of disloyalty by whomever took officer above her, because she was not.

But she also did not wish to seen as a shrinking violet with no opinion on the matter as, again, she was not.

"The matter of succession is unprecedented for us and should be handled carefully to ensure our future strength. I am certain that Ashla will guide our hand and give us the best person to carry on the legacy of your father." Isla believed in an Ashlan Republic, and maybe her lack of immediate support for the Prince would be enough to make him wary of trusting her, but she would not lie, or back herself in to a corner. There was a reason she was so trusted in her role.

"How about you Prince Lothaire? I will assume you fall in favour of your ascension to the seat of Emperor, but would you be willing to serve in a nation under an alternative ruler?"

5m5qOKV.png

(Phone post)

The invisible boundaries that each of the two more experienced politicians danced around gracefully were completely unseen to the young prince. The issues gnawing at the foundations of the Crusade were measurable and obvious, at least to him. That the crusade was a diverse group from the beginning was obvious, but nations were forged of disparate peoples that came together for form a new identity. His father had failed to usher in such a change, but he felt that he could manage it.

"I understand our humble beginnings, but I have come to understand our prominence as providence. Our peoples were meant to come together. The faith binds us but a monolithic identity will make the crusade eternal. Something to remain even after our nations has crumbled." He did not share his father's optimism for an eternal Kaiserreich. All nations and empires had an expiration date, but a people would remain forever.

The youth would offer Isla a confident smile. "Nothing worth having has ever been gained easily Prime Minister," a pause, "But I do get your meaning." A line better left to bob about forgotten for the time being.

He listened intently as she gave her opinions on the succession. The answer was wholly diplomatic and did well to avoid providing anything like an actual answer entirely. Lothaire's smile grew with amusement, remaining as she asked him wha the would do should the succession fall to someone else.

"I don't know. Perhaps I'll become Prime Minister?" He lofted a brow, his sarcasm so soaked in faux-earnestness it might be perceived as a threat. Lothaire worked to quickly slice through any illusions of tension. "Really I've not considered it. Back to the officer corps I suppose," he answered honestly and obviously disinterestedly in going down that path.

"I'm not sure who else it would be given my father's proclivity toward celibacy. I think that quality in particular is why he wanted me away," Lothaire chuckled, "But here I am." Another grin. "Did either of you have any other candidates in mind?"

bEBszml.png

Tags: Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus , Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

"I appreciate your desire for... expedience in this matter."

It was perhaps a subtle jab at being made to wait for the pair, though his tone let no clue of the remark escape. When one has partaken of the boon of criminal enterprise as long as Daozu, learning to say what you mean without saying it was a natural accompanying art. Perhaps not unlike a politician, in a way. The Pyke sat up in his seat, pressing a button on the side of the table. A holoprojection produced itself from the center, showing an image of Mairead and a nice bit of information about her.

"I have obtained this copy from my contacts within the Jury's walls. Proof that we can and will deliver, should our price be met."

His eyes drifted down toward the gift presented by her, his hand calmly grabbing the special cigarra and placing it within a small hole in his mask. Lighting the cigarra, he took in a deep breath, allowing the spice to fill his mask once again.

"Your friend makes quality product indeed..."

As he let the euphoria settle in, Daozu returned to the matter at hand.

"I apologize for the vagueness of the price. I tend to prefer discussing such details in person. I'm sure you can understand why."

The Web had learned to keep things segmented. In truth, it was the main reason they had been able to maintain any level of power within Ashlan Space. Discretion and limitation of information had been paramount to their efforts, and Daozu was among the chief supporters of such methods.

"The price is, simply, your assistance in the future. We will ask a favor of you, in time. Once something comes up that requires a skill set such as yours, we will contact you. At that time, you will take the job for us."

A brief pause.

"Of course, we need assurances. As such, we will remove your files from the Ashlan records, but will keep a copy for ourselves until the debt is paid. I hope that is... agreeable."​

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
bEBszml.png

9q2Hq0b.png

The Donna settled into the offered seat directly across from the Pyke, sitting beside Mairead. She appeared relaxed, interlacing her fingers on the table in-front of her.. but inwardly, she was prepared for anything. She kept her lighter close, in the palm of her hand - under the assumed reason that if her cigarra went out, she'd have to re-ignite it. She brought the cigarra to her lips, inhaling the sweet, earthy smell of Tabaac into her lungs... then exhaling twin streams from her nostrils. The haze of vaporized spice in the room threatened to make her eyes water, but she covered it well enough.

She said nothing, allowing Mairead to make her case; not interjecting or attempting to control the flow of conversation. Unlike most Bosses in their line of work, Ivory allowed her people a considerable amount of freedom & trust - only stepping in when necessary. As the two conversed, Ivory silently listened, shifting her eyes between the two. The hint of a smile would grace her lips as the young woman beside her offered Daozu the Ruby cigarra, and it remained as Daozu complimented the strength of the smoke. The Donna agreed. Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora certainly did make an excellent product.

"The price is, simply, your assistance in the future. We will ask a favor of you, in time. Once something comes up that requires a skill set such as yours, we will contact you. At that time, you will take the job for us."

A brief pause.

"Of course, we need assurances. As such, we will remove your files from the Ashlan records, but will keep a copy for ourselves until the debt is paid. I hope that is... agreeable."

At the explanation of the price, Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus would notice (out of the corner of her eye) The Donna shift slightly in her seat; her empty hand leaving the table to brush down her left forearm as-if she were wiping away an errant piece of ash. Then, the same hand rose to her face - using her thumb to swipe her nostrils from left to right, as-if she were scratching an itch.

To anyone else watching, it would have seemed like a simple series of gestures with no ulterior meaning whatsoever.

To members of The Family, however, the sign would have been clear:

<Take deal. Walk away clean.>

The Donna had used a very simple technique from the Kosa Nostra Code-sign, from a specific batch of lessons designed for use when under direct observation. If Mairead had been keeping up in her studies, the meaning would have been crystal clear.

bEBszml.png

Objective: Meet with the Midas Web
Tags: Daozu Pyke Daozu Pyke Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

Untitled185-20220717112228.png
Mairéad noted the clandestine communication from Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud she didn't reply as her next statement verbally to Daozu Pyke Daozu Pyke would make it clear she had understood. "Your deal is fair, I get to walk away clean and in exchange you will contact me. Your precaution is also an acceptable one, I am a woman of my word so I have nothing to fear." If she was honest she expected the Pyke would keep that information on file anyway, they wouldn't have the resources she needed if they were anything but a cautious and professional operation. The fact that he had told her first was simply a courtesy that spoke to the good faith nature of the negotiation.

She wished to add something to the negotiation herself though. "No doubt you have read my file and can deduce from my background and my crimes the motives and personal feelings toward slavery? Now, obviously I am unaware of the full scope of your business, but I would request, in order to avoid any future disgreements, or appearances of bad faith on my part, that any favour that would involve supporting slavery be..... avoided?" she grinned as she found the right word, she hoped the man would take this request, she was willing and capable to do so many things, but slavery was such a personal issue to her that it would be remiss of her not to bring it up today. She also hoped that Ivory would not think less of her for asking for this condition, she had been brought in to the Family by Stardust, another militant anti-slavery being and had been honest about her views if they ever came up. Even criminals had moral codes and she knew her opinions on that matter were in line with the Famiy.

bEBszml.png

Tags: Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus , Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

The Donna remained silent through the proceedings, though Daozu got the feeling that more was being said without a word. He couldn't put his finger on it... just a feeling one got after dealing with scum and villainy for so many years. He would leave it alone, however, because their dealings seemed to be working out quite swimmingly thus far.

"I am pleased to hear that, and I look forward to our continued business."

Another inhale of spice filled his mask as he leaned back in his chair.

"One's word is a truly important commodity. Once tainted, it might not ever recover..."

Daozu had been burned before... possibly more times than he could count. In truth. he had almost become indifferent to it at this point. After all... once burned, it was simple enough to just kill the offending party. Hopefully that would not be necessary in this case.

His head tilted to the side at the mention of slavery. He had known of her history with that particular enterprise, though he wasn't sure if she would mention it at the meeting. Thankfully, he had entertained the possibility, and with a calm confidence, he spoke.

"My people are known for it, as I'm sure you're aware. But I am not like the rest of the Syndicate..."

He took a moment to read her movements, in case there was any clue of unease.

"I do not partake in that particular trade, though I cannot speak for the rest of the Web. You must understand... our unique system of organization keeps us segmented, but it also keeps us under the Crusade's radar. As such, I can not make promise for other members of the Web."

He leaned forward, hands folding in from of him as he rested them on the table.

"I will be sure to avoid putting you in any... compromising situations, on that front. I hope that will suffice, as it is all I can promise."​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom