Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Violence on Voss-EOTL Dominion of Voss and Folende

tumblr_pqjb4bVtVE1qjztgpo1_400.gif

"Oh my....."

It all happened fast, one moment Ikiris was hesitant, the next moment she charged recklessly towards the Gomak who casually gunned her down. Thankfully, it was only a stun blast, but Velran stood there his mouth open and eyes wide witnessing Ikris rush in without hesitation or regret. Could it be possible that..... she was telling the truth? And that she was truly loyal to him? "Well I didn't buy her so she's lying through her teeth." Velran thought but the loyalty she displayed was...... admirable.

"Oh no I'm not picking her up," Velran smiled deviously as he climbed up his walker preparing his targeting his systems. "In fact, you're right where I want you!" Velran pressed the button to unleash missiles on the Gomak warriors but all he received in response was sparks coming from the control panel.

Velran paused his face contorted in a mixture of sadness and shock looking as if Life Day had been cancelled. "Ah piss," Velran said. "I should've spent more time fixing the walker."

And with that, the Gomak shot Velran with a stun blast knocking him out. "Take them to the prison cells!" The Gomak warrior barked at his men. "Well interrogate them and see what they know about the Imperials attacking us."

10d81a677181d1493f594e341dd571f0.jpg

After a few hours, Velran awoke in a small, white prison cell, blinking the first thing he saw was Ikris laying on top of him still knocked out. "Hey!" Velran gently pat Ikiris' cheek. "Wake up!"

Objective II
Post 2
Voss-Ka, Voss
Tags: Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund
| Nimian Totan Nimian Totan

The runner must have made it, because the next thing Owlen knew, communications had been established with the allied forces. He meandered briefly between the lines of soldiers, giving the impression of performing one last technical check, all the while giving his full attention to the comm-unit buzzing in his ear. It was good for the men to think that he was scrutinizing them - they would perform better as a result... at least they would if they weren't accursed clones.

Carver glanced at a map of the local area as he followed along with the plan, scrolling across a PDA as he tried to make sense of the strategy. It seemed reasonable enough, of course, but it was a bit of a downer to have orders given to him so plainly and to have nothing to add. He briefly considered addressing one of the other directions of the city as a possible entryway but recognized that it would be foolish to recommend worse plans just for the sake of hearing his own voice.

"The North sounds like an excellent venue of assault. Very sound." He half-muttered into his comm-unit in an attempt at contributing something whatsoever to the conversation. He couldn't let allies and subordinates take all of the credit.

A thought flew into Owlen's mind; one of the first of the day, and he glanced back again at the PDA. "One thought, Praetor. Are those caves properly secured - in terms of terrain and pillars and such I mean." He licked his lips, tasting for the word. "Architecture. If I start firing artillery shells into the city, I'd hate to have friendlies buried because they were subterranean when the dirt was disturbed."

It was one of those little thoughts that could probably be answered in a matter of moments - even an understanding of geologic structures would probably allow for a good guesswork... but how many military commanders knew anything about geology? Perhaps the Praetor would know - or perhaps she wouldn't. Either would be fine with Owlen so long as it was clear that he was thinking outside of the box.

"It's possible that I could primarily utilize incendiary shells if we think it could be a risk. Otherwise, I'm happy to rain fire with high-explosives or whatever else seems good. I can have a comm-channel setup for your squad leaders linked to our fire control teams so we can get the men on the ground their support without having to run it through our command channels."

Of course, that meant shields going down, or shells falling into those convenient little spots between their coverage. He'd leave that to Lieutenant-Colonel Totan. Owlen would have to simply hope for his abilities to be sufficient to the task at hand.

Objective: 4 - BYOO - Find the Force Crystal
Outfit: Slave Outfit
Tags: Velran Kilran Velran Kilran

QzrQlMV6-Green20star20wars20divider.png

Ikris groaned as she finally came around to consciousness as Velran touched her cheek. When she realized that she was laying on top of Velran, still dressed in her provocative slave outfit a blush formed on her cheeks. ”How long have we been here?” she questioned not having the slightest idea where here was and what knowing the duration of time would do to help her in any way. ”Are you enjoying this position Master? Or should I get up?”

As she waited for Velran’s answer she ran through what had happened before the darkness took her. Gormaks, order to attack, stun bolt. Master was in his walker. It was supposed to have been outfit to take on anything those few Gormak could dish out. Ikris groaned again and felt the back of her aching head. ”Jann was right about the walker wasn’t he?” Ikris questioned absent-minded of the harsh reaction that was sure to follow.

”So Master what do we do next?” she asked feeling the familiar ping of the item that they had come to find. ”As luck would have it we’re actually closer to the item now than when we were taken.”

ImperialHeaders_-_15.png

Voss
Objective III: Hostage Rescue

UaaFcjP.png

<“Understood.”>

The Imperial Knight marched on, toward the Shrine with intimidating determination. The storm commandos that accompanied him were hardened, Force-dead soldiers ready to slaughter the rebels if only he gave them the word.

For now, Galen moved silently. Only the thudding of their boots against the forest floor sounded their approach.

By now, Colton Renfro Colton Renfro should be penetrating their defenses. Galen and his troopers were charged with sweeping and clearing, once the hostages were located. And then, Imperial firepower would rain down on their enemies.

A beautiful trifecta.

niosmol.png

Tags: Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund | Colton Renfro Colton Renfro

"Based on the direction of the wind, and faint light peering through the cracks." Velran observed. "I suspect that we're here for about 7 hours and 35 minutes!" He pushed Ikiris off the same way one would flick off a Mouse if they scurried onto them. It felt...... awkward of Ikris laying on top of him like that. Just because she gained a morsel of Velran's trust doesn't mean she was allowed to touch him.

"Stay on the ground until I say different!" Velran said his moustache fuming at the fact that Ikiris dared to say that Jann was right. "This is your fault that we're here! And it's your fault that I couldn't get my walker working!"

It WAS Ikiris' fault! She was the one who distracted Velran with her innocent gaze and her claims that she didn't do anything wrong! It was because of that, Velran couldn't get his walker repaired. "Well the idiots actually helped me then," Velran said. "This cell is antiquated so I genius like me can break out easily."

He turned to Ikiris. "Ikiris!" He yelled. "Give me a hair pin!"

Ikris Kresad Ikris Kresad

Ikris fell from atop Velran to the floor with a muffled oof. She wondered if her Master could truly tell how long they had been here based on environmental factors. Ikris knew that Velran had a high intelligence level, despite her questions about his stability. But to be able to remember multiple factors on multiple planets that would be able to be applied accurately to tell time was quite impressive. If Velran was telling the truth. In the end it really didn’t matter how long had passed. It wasn’t like they were in a time crunch.

When demanded to stay on the ground Ikris shifted her weight slightly to be a bit more comfortable and to be able to meet her Master’s gaze. ”I am sorry Master. I should have been able to subdue those primitives long enough for you to make needed adjustments to the walker. I will endeavor to better myself and not allow such a thing to happen again.”

Ikris looked around the cell and wondered how Velran knew that it would be easy to escape. But she knew better to lend a voice to her question. Reaching back to the bun on her head she pulled out a pin that kept the style in place. ”Does Master give his permission to rise and provide you with the requested tool?” she asked. To some it might have seemed extreme. But Ikris was a born and raised slave. Her Master gave an order to stay on the floor. She would do so until his voice said it was ok to rise. She could not infer permission based on his need of her hair pin. ”These Gormaks seem to be nothing more than brawny oafs. You are sure to get the jump on them Master and that will have you this close to your prize. I can hear its humming now.”

Objective II
Voss-Ka, Voss
Operation: Paramount

Nimian listened to his communicator as the Praetor and Owlen speak for a time. He would be more worried on having himself a cup of coffee, one could say that the Lieutenant Colonel was unenthused by the proceedings. It didn't sit right with him that the command of this operation wasn't solely in the Empire of the Lost's hands. Regardless of how he felt about the forces from Zakuul, they would make the coming clash much more bearable. He would muse about how best to utilize his allied forces while he prepared to address them.

"Praetor Sunfall, if I may be so bold, I would like to send some of my scout troopers ahead of the main force. It could be useful to send them up the mountain to pre-sight targets for the Colonel's artillery bombardments. With any luck we may even find holes in their defensive networks." It was a simple strategy, but one that the Commander was pleased about. The one major advantage that Nimian's forces had over their enemies was their speed. Being a force largely made of speeder bikes and mobile infantry, they could out maneuver the entrenched opposition, and perhaps even avoid the defenses entirely.

One problem stood in front of Nim however, the whole battlefield was on a blasted mountain. That meant the larger transports would have a hard time getting to the front in the first place. He would probably have to rely on the older and slower Juggernaut wheeled transports, which wasn't ideal for a medley of reasons.

"I'm also to wonder how the planetary forces will effect our battle. The Gormak people are a proud warrior race, it is quite likely that they have aligned themselves with the Tionese Liberation Front. If this is the case then we can expect the enemy to have reinforcements from the tribes, and for urban warfare to be decidedly in the favor of our opponents."

There had been many conflicts in Voss's history, most of them with the Gormaks as the aggressors. It would be interesting to see how they faired when they were on the defensive. None of this bothered the Lieutenant Colonel however, as he believed strongly in the raw might of the Imperial forces. They would crush the locals and their TLF comrades with a combination of quick machines and artillery which would grind the enemy into dust. This is what he told himself anyway.

His loyal clones were ready for the fray, and his staff had finished the necessary preparations to begin the operation. All they were waiting for now was word from the other forces. Upon their signal, Nim would unleash his forces and hopefully win a quick and decisive victory.

Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund Owlen Carver Owlen Carver

"Sure whatever," Velran said. "Just gimmie the hair pin!" Velran snatched the hairpin from Ikiris and unlocked the door withing half a second. "You see that Ikiris?" Velran growled. "I would've opened the door sooner but you had to go and say you had to rise in order to give me a simple hair pin!"

He sighed, Ikiris was still needed for this simple task and possibly more. He needed more Force based items to construct more weapons. "Let's move Ikiris," Velran said. "I want you to keep your wits about you and find that item! Those scaly fools think they outsmarted me! Oh how wrong they are!"

Velran motioned to the woman. "Follow me!" He said.

Ikris Kresad Ikris Kresad

Aurelian Sigismund
Hegemon of Zakuul and Vandemar, Moff of Vandemar, Exarch of Zakuul, Imperator of the Eternal Legion
The Griffin of Zakuul

SigWIP2.gif

line2.png

image.png

{ W A R C R A F T }
VOSS | THE OLD PATHS | WARCAMP TOWARDS VOSS-KA
DEPLOYING - PART IV
OBJECTIVE II

The irony of her command did not escape Sunfell, nor that it was her who commanded the biggest portion of ground units in this very operation. She did not know either of the imperial ground commanders who she was working with but had faith in their abilities to equal their ranks and that they were deployed here. Though she was less concerned with the allies than with her own troops. It was an absolute strange move of the Hegemon to put her in charge instead of one of the Legion. But she was a loyal and dutiful soldier just as the others were and would follow orders to the latter.

"One thought, Praetor. Are those caves properly secured - in terms of terrain and pillars and such I mean. Architecture. If I start firing artillery shells into the city, I'd hate to have friendlies buried because they were subterranean when the dirt was disturbed."

She did not know and she did not care. The plan was to be executed by her, not questioned. She had no info whatsoever on the caves except for a map and was not doubting her supreme commander to include such a blunder.

"No concerns in that regard, Colonel. Use your artillery to its fullest potential."

"I can have a comm-channel setup for your squad leaders linked to our fire control teams so we can get the men on the ground their support without having to run it through our command channels."

"Sound idea. My radio officer will make the transmissions so we are on the same channels and can freely engage with each other."

"Praetor Sunfall, if I may be so bold, I would like to send some of my scout troopers ahead of the main force. It could be useful to send them up the mountain to pre-sight targets for the Colonel's artillery bombardments. With any luck we may even find holes in their defensive networks."

"I was counting on that, Lieutenant-Colonel. Your fast units are much more suited for that than my heavy ones."

The Ninth Imperial Guard Legion was crawling forward, its infantry and tanks moving with steady determination towards the deployment zone from where they would launch their attack. They were clones and well trained to operate in combined arms warfare, less competent on individual basis or to operate independently, they were a fresh installment on Vandemar and entirely supportive of its doctrines. A fact which was not in favour of Sunfell today as she was a Force user and they did not like her, at all.

"I'm also to wonder how the planetary forces will effect our battle. The Gormak people are a proud warrior race, it is quite likely that they have aligned themselves with the Tionese Liberation Front. If this is the case then we can expect the enemy to have reinforcements from the tribes, and for urban warfare to be decidedly in the favor of our opponents."

What the feth were Gormak? She consulted her feed and briefing data and apparently it were locals who were the warring and violent opposite to the Voss themselves. As the Voss were the target of the TLF and even held hostages, it was a reasonable assumption that they were allied. At least something they would have to consider. Sunfell was no concerned with losses in exchange for a victory, not at all, but also knew that she would not broadcast this on the channel with the other imperials.

"I believe in the superiority of our equipment and tactics, Lieutenant-Colonel. Further we have the element of surprise if the tunnel-unit gets through and support of the Eternal Legion. That should even any odds against these potential savage opponents."

She meant what she said. She was a formidable warrior and her four Horizon Guard were too. The Imperial Guard clones were decent foot soldiers and he expected the imperials to be no less. But even her abilities were childsplay compared to the Eternal Legionaries. She saw them fight and she was terrified of their prowess and more impressive, of their determination.

Ikris gave a nod and quickly stood as she reached into her hair to produce the desired tool. It was snatched from her hand before she could even reach her feet. There were still other pins holding her hair up, but she would need to be careful to avoid it falling out and getting in her way. She stood silent as Velran opened the lock of the cell door. It was lucky for Ikris that they were thrown into the same cell. If not, she felt it was a high possibility that she would have been left behind.

When she was berated for standing up Ikris merely nodded. ”Apologies Master. I will be quicker going forward.” Even though Ikris thought the request to rise from the floor was a reasonable one she gave no indication to Velran that she considered his outburst unreasonable. He was the Master after all.

Ikris gave another nod and was on Velran’s heels as he left the cell. ”Are we going to try to get your walker back? You are wise about these sort of buildings, Master. Your lead is best until we are outside. The object we chase is off to the…” Ikris was going to give a directional heading, but realized she didn’t have a baring on which way was which. ”Um…it’s to your left Master.”

Dialogue Legend: <"High Nelvaanian"> │ “Galactic Basic” │ <<Imperial Basic>>
Call Sign: Miracle
Objective: I: The Ambush and Blockade
Tags: Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen Garrdar Spirways Garrdar Spirways

”Spector 8 locked and loaded. Ready to show these rebels what happens when you cross the Empire.”

“Moving on your wing, Spector 8.” Bella said as she pared back the power to the engines to allow her wingmate to catch up. While her interceptor had uprated performance, she had no intention of leaving her squadmates behind, especially her wingmate. In spite of the fact that she had often performed dazzling feats of aerospace combat artistry on her own, Bella hated the idea of flying as a lone wolf or developing a reputation as one. She had spent too much of her career being shipped from squadron to squadron and ship to ship, rarely staying long enough to develop a strong chemistry with her associates. She hoped that Spector Squadron would be different.

Before long, her sensors pinged a veritable swarm of approaching contacts. For her part, Bella identified them right away: missiles. Assault-grade warheads designed to engage capital ships, but were too large to effectively challenge most small craft.

Now, she saw exactly why Spector Squadron had been placed at the very front of the formation.

“All signsss, engage those missilesss! Shoot down as many asss you can, but do not overextend! The point defenssse will take the rest.” Ichirr clicked. And yet, Bella was already maneuvering her interceptor, leveraging its speed and agility to speed ahead and acquire targeting solutions on the incoming warheads. On cue, she unleashed a hail of fire from her chin-mounted autocannons, shooting down two of the missiles long before they would have reached the tip of the formation. From there, the Togruta whipped her interceptor around in a textbook drop-kick turn, thereby cutting her forward momentum and loop-rolling in the opposite direction. Then, she raced after a cluster of missiles, shooting down one, two, then three more projectiles in quick, yet surgical succession.

“Contact, contact. Splash five.” Bella said as she flew past the charred wreckage of her kills. It was five missiles, representing what could have quite possibly been hundreds, if not thousands of lives saved. Nevertheless, Bella sensed that the missiles were only the first salvo of the Liberation Front’s counterattack.

Craft: Miracle One
Loadout:

fantasy_flight_raider.jpg

Objective: 1 - Ambush and Blockade
Outfit: Pilot’s Jumpsuit and Helmet
Tags: Bella Bella | Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen

B2GBEdQdrIqFAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

Garrdar smirked as he heard the voice of Miracle assuming his wing position. He had done the best he could to learn something about all the pilots he was flying with on this mission. Like Garrdar, Miracle had bounced around in assignments within the Empire. From what he was told she was quite a pilot, which made Garrdar wonder what she was doing attaching herself to his wing. He imagined that it probably should have been the other way around. Not that Garrdar was a poor or even average pilot. Garrdar was better than that, but he wasn’t celebrated. “Spector 8” certainly suggested that he was lower on the totem pole compared to a pilot with her own designation.

Garrdar saw the incoming missiles on his display as well. They could have simply told the group that they were the anti-missile countermeasures. Though a good fighter pilot was a good way to eliminate a large number of missiles, Garrdar found it a bit of a waste of valuable talents. There were other countermeasures that were at the Navy’s disposal. But those decisions were above his pay grade for a reason. Certainly someone knew what they were doing and so Garrdar had his fighter ready to jump into action.

The lisped voice of Spector 1 gave direction to the whole group. Garrdar cursed himself for being too cautious when he had seen Miracle had already started moving to engage. Instead of giving a verbal confirmation of the orders, Garrdar started off in the same direction as Miracle. Since the “enemy” was not opposing fighters, they did not need to stick tightly to a formation or partner, but he didn’t want to get too far away from his wingmate in case the battle changed.

If this had been his first action, Garrdar probably would have been caught watching Miracle in action. But Garrdar was a veteran, he was used to seeing aces on a field of battle, though the autocannons that Miracle’s fighter used caused Garrdar to pause in momentary jealousy as he powered up the Light FAE/SW-08 Hybrid Beam Cannons employed by his stock TIE/IE model. When Miracle announced five hits, Garrdar finished his own run, taking out three missiles and returning to formation to prepare for another foray into the storm of missiles. ”Nice shooting Miracle. If we stick together for awhile you’re going to have to show me what you did to your fighter. They certainly fly well fresh out of the factory, but every pilot needs to give their ride a few custom touches.”

Bella quickly followed her wingmate back into formation as her sensor readout came awash with new signatures. This time, they weren’t missiles, but rather, enemy fighters. Four full squadrons for a total of sixteen craft. On cue, the Togruta committed power to her disruptor cannons in preparation, before accelerating back up to attack speed.

“Enemy fightersss! They take priority over the missilesss!” Ichirr clicked, a few bloodthirsty, predatory hisses sounding out over the comms as he did. “Form up and destroy them out Spectorsss!” He added.

”Nice shooting Miracle. If we stick together for awhile you’re going to have to show me what you did to your fighter. They certainly fly well fresh out of the factory, but every pilot needs to give their ride a few custom touches.”

“Copy that, sir.” Bella answered the Commander, before addressing her wingmate. “I’ll tell you after this, Spector 8. For now, let’s engage the enemy formation from the outside in. Make sure to keep all of the bandits to one side of your craft. Marking targets now.” She finished. On cue, a flight of four X-Wings were marked on both pilots’ HUDs, at which point the Togruta took a deep, calming breath as she closed in on her targets from their port side lateral flank.

“Activating ECM and full stealth systems! They’re blind. Ready firing solutions…and…NOW!”

Suddenly, the space between Bella’s TIE and the flight of X-Wings was filled with unstable beams of bright magenta plasma. Only a couple seconds after Bella had given the mental command to fire, two of the X-Wings were sheared into their atomic constituents, a fiery, explosive, yet nigh-instantaneous process that took the enemy pilots’ lives before they even registered the fact that they were in mortal peril.

In that regard, the remaining two pilots were briefly stunned by the scene, especially as one had been looking out of his starboard side viewport only to watch his wingmate vaporized before his eyes. Nevertheless, it took only milliseconds for his instincts to kick in, at which both X-Wings broke in opposite directions—one turning to the left while the other turned hard to the right.

“Splash two! I have the left! Let’s vape these guys!” Bella shouted over comms, a frenetic, girlish bloodlust manifesting in her tone as she rolled her wings and broke after the X-Wing in her sights.

Loadout:

Outfit: Pilot’s Jumpsuit and Helmet
Tags: Bella Bella | Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen

B2GBEdQdrIqFAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

The missile threat had not been completely averted, but new and more pressing threats entered the field. Garrdar and Miracle had already circled back to the main group when Spector 1 gave the command. The missile threat had been lessened enough that focusing on the enemy fighters completely was much more important. Any missiles that would hit the capital ships would hopefully be swallowed up by fully powered shields.

Garrdar started to engage the enemy fighters when he heard Miracle agree to talk over improvements after the battle. Garrdar gave a smirk, he seemed to be getting ahead of himself just a bit. As they approached the enemies, Garrdar looked down and noted their targets as Miracle marked them. As Miracle marked her system activations, Garrdar also activated his ECM, then he gave a slight chuckle at the mention of stealth. ”Oh we’re certainly talking upgrades once this fight is done,” Garrdar mumbled under his breath.

He knew Miracle was right beside him, but his scopes were blind to his wingmate’s craft. That being the case he moved his fighter in position opposite of Miracle targeting the other pair of X-Wings and giving her more chance to take her pair by surprise. Two explosions burst in the corner of Garrdar’s eye as he started to fire on the pair of X-Wings in his scope. As their comrades ceased to exist the X-Wings were quick to decide that they would have a better chance of success or survival if they split. Miracle called her success and staked claim to the X-Wing on the left. ”Copy Miracle, I’ve got the right.”

Garrdar was quick to pounce on the other, but he still monitored the state of the other pair as his targeting computer started to track his own mark. The excitement in Miracle’s voice was surprising, but infectious. She seemed so professional leading up to the fight. While the exuberance did nothing to take away Garrdar’s trust in her getting the job done, he did wonder how long the excitement would last. Garrdar was a big believer in the celebratory drink. If the reaction he experienced was any indication, Miracle might be one to participate.The X-Wing he was tracking was well piloted, but Garrdar had started in a position of advantage, and he continued to hold it. His instruments were not able to lock onto the opposing craft just yet, but it was only a matter of time. Just as patience was beginning to wear thin, the beeping of a strong firing solution sounded in his ear. ”Got him locked. Takin’ the shot,” Garrdar announced into his mic while his fingers were already in motion releasing blasts from his cannons straight at and through his target. ”Splash one!” he called out as the explosion burst forth. He adjusted his path to find Miracle, just in case. But he was quite sure when he caught back up to her she’d be on to new targets.

The X-Wing broke hard, then rolled into a series of erratic jinks—an attempt by the enemy pilot to break up his trajectory so as to present a constantly shifting target. Bella initially moved to follow his turn, but quickly changed her mind. Instead, the Togruta pulled the control column around, yawing her TIE to starboard, before pitching her craft’s nose up to line up a shot.

For a split-second, the bandit’s engines were right in the center of her crosshairs. A perfect shot.

In that regard, Bella was already firing by the time her crosshairs were lined up. 30mm slugs spat out from her TIE’s chin-mounted autocannons at blistering pace, overloading the X-Wing’s shields and ripping large, gaping holes through its aft in a single 20-round burst. Before he was aware of his enemy’s position, the hapless pilot's body was reduced to charred, mangled pieces of flesh inside the cockpit, which was then promptly exposed to the vacuum as tiny fragments of metal shattered the canopy’s glass.

“Splash three!” Bella called out over the comm channel that she shared with her wingmate as she pulled her TIE up to rejoin his vector, passing what was left of the X-Wing he had claimed in the process. “That’s a good kill, Spector 8.” She added. “Let’s keep-” Bella continued, her voice suddenly cutting off when her sensors pinged a number of small and medium-sized signatures racing towards the squadron’s position, accompanied by a single large signature which seemed to have appeared out of space itself—a corvette.

For her part, Bella assessed the new situation immediately. It was a direct attempt by the enemy to disrupt the defensive screen set by Spector Squadron. Should their squadron be removed from the field, it would allow the Liberation Front’s fleet to lob assault-grade missiles into the battlegroup with nigh-impunity.

“Spectorsss, regroup!” Ichirr called out over the squadron’s shared channel. Unfortunately, his call came a moment too late, with Spector 4 and 5 going dark as their TIEs were swallowed up by the corvette’s fire. “Miracle, call the Requiem for immediate reinforcementsss! We need to take out that corvette immediately! It’s a carrier that will launch more fightersss!” Spector 1 hissed and clicked, anger coloring his tone at the loss of two pilots.

“On it, commander!” Bella worked the comms immediately and moments later, the Togruta received the transmission that she was hoping for. “Three squadrons coming our way, but we’ll have to hold out! Recommending that we form a defensive pattern, sir, until they arrive.” Bella called out.

“Negative Miracle! We need that corvette out now!” Ichirr hissed. “All signs maintain a defensive pattern, I’m going to try and disrupt that corvette so that it can’t launch more fighters.” Spector 1 finished, his tone hinting only slightly at the grim implications. With the odds they faced, it was almost a suicide mission.

“I’m going with you, commander!”

Loadout:

Tags: Bella Bella Garrdar Spirways Garrdar Spirways
Equipment: In Bio
Theme: HERE

The battle had been proceding has I had hoped and more. The bold ones were soon to be crushed under the sundering fire power of the Imperial ships. The best part of this strategy was, even if we would take some losses in this engagement, this fleet was merely the tip of the Empire of the Lost's spear. More will come the longer this goes. Already, I saw the marks on the feed flying about in the void. Flashes indicated explosions with the markers for the enemy strikecaft evaporating from the holo feed. From where I sat, all was going smoothly. It was far better than I could have hoped for. However, something in my mind new better than to rest on my laurels. Rebels were smarter creatures than my colleagues may have given them credit for in the Eternal Empire and this Empire as well. They were crafty little things. I lost my arm and ability to breathe indepently thinking like those others did.

I hated that I was right. A small burning feeling in my right shoulder flaired as the corvette appeared from hyperspace suddenly. It was making a move to the defensive line faster than the main contingent of the resistance forces were making their advance. Either they were fools, or there was more to this corvette than merely blindsiding us if we advanced further. Thankfully taking up defensive positions with the fleet allotted distance between us and it. Transmissions from the strike craft poured into the comms channels in reaction to the ship's sudden appearance. Some were moving around it in hopes of neutralizing its ability to hinder our efforts. Others backed off completely to engage the smaller targets as part of the defensive measures.

I began to shout into the comms in High Nelvaani, "Requiem to corvettes, concentrate your alternating mass-driver and ion cannon vollies into the incoming vessel! Fire when ready! Requiem to front-line comms, tell all strike craft to tighten their screens along the perimeter! There will be no small vessels breaking our line! Requiem to gunships, fire on your respective flank's advances! Maintain missile bombardment on resepctive incoming vessels!"
With mechanical strength and organic malice, my hand clenched with fury at my chair. I was blindsided once. I vowed to never let it happen again. I vowed to irradicate all that would stand as partisans, rebels, and resistance fighters alike with no mercy. It was my duty to this galaxy to rid it of this vermin. It was my honor to truly oversee a single battle for that war this day.

With their training, the naval soldiers of the Iron Legion aboard the larger ships carried our their orders as quickly and obediently as droids. For that, I saw perfection. The alternating vollies from the corvettes ahead pounded into the incoming rebel corvette that seemed to charge with reckless abandon. Such tactics I had not seen since the Battle of Lorta, where those barbaric natives to the world charged with their ships in similar fashion. Focusing our fire did win the day despite great losses from Admiral Aximand Sicarus' battlegroup, which suffered the brunt of the charge. The Lortians failed, and these vermin of the galaxy will too.

Soon, the shields were breached, and hits were landing on the corvette's hull. It still pressed on with its maneuver at its speed. Something still did not sit well with this. These rebels were different than the barbaric Lortians. It was then I knew who to call.
"Star.", I called into the ship for the AI assistant to begin to materialize next to me in her swirling vortex form. "Yes, Moff DuPorcelen?", she asked with her almost aloof tone of voice and blissfully cheerful expression. "Have the scanners target this corvette charging our front line to scan it for lifeforms.", I coldly ordered pointing at the respective marker on the holo feed. "Right away, Moff DuPorcelen."

Her form continued at its location by my side as the bombardment on the enemy ship continued. A lucky strike from one of the gunship's missles managed to wound the attacker's engines, causing its charge to lose most of its speed. Now, it was only reliant on its momentum to keep at its pace. Still, something remained amiss with this ship charging away from the main contingent. The burning of my old wound in my shoulder continued as if the memories of old were warning me of something. My eyes widened with a realization. The scan was almost complete when my left finger pressed the comms button to the fleet once more with urgency. "Requiem to the front line, fire reverse thrusters immediately! Maintain vollies and spacing as you back away from the incoming vessel!"
If my assumption was true, this maneuver was likely to reduce the massive potential casualties by a substantial amount. It was not garunteed to spare them all from destruction, but it would still allow us of the Empire to keep our forward line alive and capable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom