Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unpopular Star Wars Opinions

If we're going with unpopular: I like the Ewoks. (I saw the movies when I was 6 and Ewoks immediately replaced teddy bears and who doesn't like teddy bears?... come at me bro!). That said, I'm older now, and despite my desire to cuddle them to death... yeah, fine, not a great inclusion.

Also: I've always agreed with Irvin Kershner that Star Wars (the original trilogy) is not science fiction; it's a fairy tale set in space. Which justifies a lot of the oddities that occur (like Ewoks, and why the Rebels can only flee one direction from Hoth, and why Tarkin didn't just blow up the gas giant of Yavin, etc. etc. ad infinitum).

I love Star Wars in its entirety. Vong, Jar Jar's idiocy(his stupidity actually was essential), and the story of the prequels.Some things could have been done better, but there is nothing I completely hate, no not even Binks.

Unpopular? Vong are the best! Characters, culture, development, room for expansion and growth and changes, especially in terms of fanfiction. They are more than just a powerhouse, they are a means to explore something entirely removed from the glue of the force while remaining in a world still impacted by said glue.

Bradok

The best Force using smuggler in the Galaxy.
The original trilogy is just a Sci-Fi version of King Arthur. Obi-Wan=Merlin, Luke= Arthur, Leia=Morganna(Even though Luke and her didn't end up have a kid), Lightsaber= Excalibur.

I could go on and on.

Also, I liked the Ewok movies. :D

Mine? Prepare for a long winded theory that's now null and void considering the celestials and the Rakatan era comics.

After I played KOTOR 1, I developed a theory as to the conception of the force. See, back then I was under the impression that only the Rakata could use the force at that time, (Which has since been disproved.)

So, I thought of this.

My theory is the Rakata were in a war with another empire hailing from the unknown regions, and said empire was losing. So they created micro-organisms that would sponge away the mental powers the Rakata possessed. But instead of infecting them directly, the empire infected the beings closest to the Rakata; their slaves, using them as hosts to spread the organisms. The "virus" did its job, and the Infinite Empire fell. However, the organisms, who for lack of Rakata hosts, reinfected the slaves, genetically transferring their abilities.

Right after I thought of it I instantly hated it, so I guess it's just unpopular with me.

If your knowledge of Star Wars comes only from the movies, or the movies and a few bits of external information- yeah, the prequels suffered. The Jedi were lame, not very powerful, hardly beacons of the light. But it was supposed to be that way. After the 1000 years of peace, they had grown corrupt and content with their position of power in the republic. Their ability to use the force was also diminished for those same reasons.

Don't anyone tell me that Luke held a fricken candle to any of them. In a fight, he'd lose. In a war of philosophy he'd lose. What the Jedi became during and after the prequels was and is nothing compared to what they used to be and should have been.

Unpopular opinion. Much less interested in anything which happens after episode 4. And Disney has announced they'll be changing things or possibly disrupting the already made canon. So we'll see.

Jor Kvall

Ain't found a way to kill me yet
Cyrus Tregessar said:
The prequels are nearly unreedemable garbage that absolutely butchered the story thus far developed and irrevocably changed the direction of the Star Wars universe in a bad way. They're also simply bad movies, with horrible writing and plotting, mediocre directing, flat, uninteresting, and often dislikeable characters, and far too much focus on CGI. Lucas should have ripped off more Kurosawa.

Also the Ewoks are an atrocity that should never have happened. One can see in RotJ in general the beginnings of the cancer that would explode into being with the prequels.

Also Star Wars isn't sci-fi at all, really. It's a cut and paste classic fantasy story IN SPACE.

The above ideas have varying levels of acceptance, I realize, and are far from being universally unpopular, but I do imagine I am something of a minority nonetheless.
Dude... pretty sure you're with the majority on all these opinions.

All the fans I talk to who aren't like, y'know... under 18 years old... are pretty much of the same opinion about the prequels.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Unpopular Opinion: Shooting a Mandalorian in the back is as stupid as shooting him in the front. He's just going to turn around and shoot you in the face. >.<''

ehh I like all the movies and series though one I know people usually disagree on is

Anakin turning made sense. Now when you think about it they said in episode 2 that palpatine had been teaching him. We know he was grooming anakin to take Dooku's place and well we have seen Palpatine manipulate jedi masters, gain the trust of millions. I think him not being able to plant seeds in anakins head would have been laughable. Granted the dialogue in the movies didn't help and yes he turns quickly but the doubt and distrust in the jedi were there being fueled by a master manipulator.

other one is the mandalorians in the movies aren't that badass... Some fandalorian got really angry on live about this and well in the movies I don't remember the word mandalorians being mentioned once. The books, the series they get cooler but Jango is more impressive then Boba and unless they said for the new canon he is still in the sarlacc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom