Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unpopular Star Wars Opinions

Jor Kvall

Ain't found a way to kill me yet
Avadreia Lacroix said:
giphy.gif
You've got to give it to him, unlike most of this thread they are unpopular opinions.

Unpopular opinion (I'd think): Stormtroopers armor are actually made of a dtarwars version of fiber glass...

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

Lets not forget that the prequels, TOR, KOTOR, and KOTOR II pretty much expanded the entire universe into what we see today. But of course, it's your opinion and so is this mine :)

Javek Tysis said:
TOR, KOTOR, and KOTOR II
Sure, I guess. I can agree on the prequels, which I enjoyed besides Episode II, but those games had little to no impact on me besides information on the era of Darth Revan. Those three games all happened within the same general era of time and had absolutely nothing to do with the likes of Darth Bane, Krayt, and so on. I mean, sure, it expanded on Darth Vitiate to a degree, and introduced Revan, but beyond that it doesn't really go much further than skin deep as far as star wars canon and EU goes.

And believe me, I love EU just as much as I love canon. I just disliked the story in those games, as well as the entirety of TOR being an MMO.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Unpopular Opinion: Among women, your hair color should always distinguish your sexual orientation. Among men, there is only Ayden's Hat.

Well it is entirely your opinion, and I can respect that. I'm more so surprised that someone actually dislikes all the Old Republic content. It's kind of rare to see...for me at least.

Both KOTOR and it's sequel REALLY got me into StarWars lore, it did this for so many others I know personally too. And because of SWTOR, it's given oh so many people the chance to roleplay once more since galaxies shut it's doors officially.

I don't know...maybe it's because it struck a cord with me, because of where I was in my life at the time. But the TOR era, games, novels, and all really gave Star Wars a new attraction that made it feel like a complete universe. It brought everything full circle. (Although it's still not known if everything is canon yet...)

But yeah, I can see where it's faults lie. I can kind of see your distaste for it.

(I know I went on for way to long, but I love this topic too much :p)

I actually like Tor, Kotor, and all that. Then again, I don't really care if things are mary sue or not.

And, Tor gave a lot of ideas to the One Sith on this board <.< Hands, Wrath, Voice, eyes, all that fun stuff. >.>

Javek Tysis said:
Well it is entirely your opinion, and I can respect that. I'm more so surprised that someone actually dislikes all the Old Republic content. It's kind of rare to see...for me at least.
Both KOTOR and it's sequel REALLY got me into StarWars lore, it did this for so many others I know personally too. And because of SWTOR, it's given oh so many people the chance to roleplay once more since galaxies shut it's doors officially.
I don't know...maybe it's because it struck a cord with me, because of where I was in my life at the time. But the TOR era, games, novels, and all really gave Star Wars a new attraction that made it feel like a complete universe. It brought everything full circle. (Although it's still not known if everything is canon yet...)
But yeah, I can see where it's faults lie. I can kind of see your distaste for it.
(I know I went on for way to long, but I love this topic too much :p)
Literally just meant the games. I liked novels around that era.

Darth Ferus said:
I actually like Tor, Kotor, and all that. Then again, I don't really care if things are mary sue or not.

And, Tor gave a lot of ideas to the One Sith on this board <.< Hands, Wrath, Voice, eyes, all that fun stuff. >.>
Palpatine did it first.

[member="Darth Ferus"]
Sidious was the creator of the Rule of One. He was to be the only Sith Lord and live forever, people such as Mara Jade were his hands, reach, voice, etc. Vader was his apprentice in name only, he was never supposed to be his successor.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Lily Kirsche Kuhn said:
[member="Darth Ferus"]
Sidious was the creator of the Rule of One. He was to be the only Sith Lord and live forever, people such as Mara Jade were his hands, reach, voice, etc. Vader was his apprentice in name only, he was never supposed to be his successor.
This all smacks of some S-canon level bullshit.

Darth Vornskr said:
None of the TOR content is canon, Disney made that abundantly clear.

And we're better off because of it.
Hm, well I can't say I remember them saying that when i wrote the post, but now that I had a few hours to think about it, I remember being unhappy because of the announcement DIsney gave about only the films and everything onwards was canon.

And I can't say I feel the same way. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom