Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Votes To Leave the European Union

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Pretty sure you've got bigger things to worry about than Russia right now.

There's going to be a massive shakeup over the next two years as you pull out. You might manage to salvage something from it, but I really think people in this country are burying in their heads in the sand about the economic cost this is going to bring about.

Hell, from comments I've heard lately, both on the news and from people in general, it almost seems like most people are somehow under the impression that this move will somehow galvanise the Commonwealth and that everything will turn out fine.

giphy.gif
Some voters in the UK right now.​

Yeah brilliant.

We might end up with the same freedom of labour, same single market and paying in. The only thing we'll have lost is our say on Europe.

I don't trust our civil service and three successive governments to negotiate Britain to an even stronger position outside the single market which is the other end of the spectrum

My predication: we'll get watered down EU, a hit to the economy and immigration will barely change.

I know almost no one who wanted leave who could point to a difference leaving could genuinely make. Most of our problems are of our own volition, but it's relatively easy to target those that are struggling that the problems are because of foreigners.

Normally you Brits are so quiet about your politics. It was actually a nice change of pace to wake up to your mess instead of ours.

Side note for the folks worried about Russia: UK is still a part of NATO. If ish goes down, it'll be business as usual, assuming business is pounding Russians into paste. Hopefully it won't come to that.

54.gif

...and...

tumblr_n4iierxtrb1rj1j9ro3_250.gif

The worst thing about being in the UK I feel now? The way people are turning on each other for having an opinion and casting the vote others don't agree with. Name calling, insulting and general aggression.

It's quite frankly disgusting to see, and I'm sure the Leave voters weren't voting to break up their own country; they were voting out of their fear and uncertainty for their own experiences with the current Government and EU. Maybe this was, to them, the only life line they could see to make a notable change and grasp for a new direction. They didn't vote out of spite.

Setzi Lunelle

Searching for Eleos's Altar
I'm here in the US, so away from the fray as it were, but I live in half of a British household, and my daughter has duel citizenship. We have been watching the news carefully.

But what I noticed the most about living there, is that the UK is resilient and adaptive. This is just a bump in the road. :)

Yeah I think the Brexiteers too easily dismiss the financial ramifications but the Leave side grossly overestimates the damage that will be done. I think David Cameron put it well in his response speech, and I think overall the government is handling the situation very maturely and democratically in the aftermath. My heart goes out to the people negatively effected in their foreign investments but I think in the long term this is good reform for the British people. Good luck from across the pond. #IndependenceDay

Yoru Shakou

I hadn't really watched it or paid attention to this much because 'Merica, and having to worry about our own downfall with #Drumpf...

One of the things that I did see recently was a special piece on Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. }

The special focused on what it would mean if the UK did leave the European Union, with one of the arguments for the UK leaving being that there were "too many regulations that the UK had to follow that the EU had in place", and it was one of the reasons that the UK wanted to leave the EU was because of all these regulations.

This however was shown to be misinformation and a sham, because it was pointed out that in order for the UK to keep trading with the EU, manufacturers in the UK would still be required to follow those EU regulations (unless somehow the UK manages to negotiate that point with the EU).

A news story I saw this morning upon waking up however, stated that World Markets were already freaking out, and a few of them took a heavy hit from the UK leaving, so all I can say as the Chaos mounts is.

#ThanksUK

Biggest mistake ever. Now neo nazis are gonna rule Britain

Sigh. Thanks for voting yes. I'll destroy earth with star killer base now for voting Brecit.

Any other planet system votes for it, you will suffer the same fate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom