Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Votes To Leave the European Union

chrisgelderd

Half Bond, Half Bean.
The biggest shift in Government and national standing in 4 decades; 17m UK citizens vote to leave the EU, against the 16m to remain. A historic day indeed.

Current PM David Cameron will stand down in October for a new leader to direct the country into uncharted territory.

The unknown lies ahead for not just the UK, but Europe and even international relations as the people decide to take back independence.

Very scary and unnerving to wake up to this morning as a UK citizen, but part of me is eager to see just what we as a country can forge for ourselves once more.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36615028

Brexit-R-U-400x262.jpg

Matreya

I tried paying attention to the Brexit debates and like, but missed that!

Scary things are coming for the economy over there, and likely over here in the long run!

Yeah, it's been like 3 hours and Britain has already gone to ****. Can't wait to see how ****ed we are in a couple of months when the economy ****s itself.

sabrina

[member="FalloutGuru"] the pounds has already began to rally, and lower pound will help our exports.

[member="Haileigh Dheed"] I have lot friends who same way, and when I went to bed I thought we going to stay, and that upset me. We have to move on and get on with this.

sabrina

[member="Allyson Locke"] as goods become cheaper, and that will offset any tariffs the eu may put against us.
Also the EU can't afford to put too big a trade tariffs against us, for multiple reasons.
1: They need our troops, as there is aggressive russia on there doorstep. (we do have one most powerful armies in the world)
2: Every pound europe spends in the uk, we spend two in germany.
Germany economy is central to the eu having a chance of staying together, as without more countries will fail and leave.
3: We are still friends.

[member="Kana Truden"] that is scotland choice, and I will respect it. As believe democracy first and foremost.

sabrina

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] shorted sighted to impose treaties, against the will of the people.
The Lisbon Treaty, was voted down under his old name The EU Constitution.
France and holland rejected it, and the eu fudged it.

sabrina

Zef Halo said:
The Germans will absolutely pin Britain down.
Germany needs access to the uk more than we need access to europe, as we buy twice as much from germany as europe as whole spend in the uk.

Who is pinning who?

Also protecting them from russia, does that count for nothing?

[member="sabrina"]

Germany needs access to the UK when they are selling to the UK ? If the UK doesn't get the single-market, buying will get more expensive for the UK along with the fact the pound is tumbling down so much the first time in 31 years. And it is considered a stable and trustworthy currency usually by investors.

Lol, the Americans are protecting them from Russia and Russia is not that crazy yet to go storm Europe, and I dont think they ever will cause thats outright world war. Whole of NATO, generally, which is by far more than the UK. There's probably a decent amount of Americans here who have served in Germany.

[member="sabrina"]

I think Sweden has more to worry about when it comes to Russia, also...the only way the UK would possibly get involved with Russia is if they invade a NATO country... but even then - you gotta deal with all the western countries, the US, UK, etc etc.

Been debating this in chat :D Mostly its a red herring.

People will still want to make money.
Nobodies making billion or multi million pound decisions based on politics I can assure you. Only money.

What will happen is some companies come, some go. As the UK has more financial freedom in a country that's primary product is finance.

^If anyone doesn't think that was a prime motivating factor then they were not reading between the lines.

sabrina

[member="Allyson Locke"] and we would protect sweden if they do, hence we need each other, hence at end day calm heads will prevail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom