Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too Many Masters In The Kitchen

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Silara Kuhn"]

If you're looking for sources...

"He must have been trained by Count Dooku," Mace had said, "so you can
expect Makashi as well; given the number of Jedi he has fought and slain,
you must expect that he can attack in any style, or all of them. In fact,
Obi-Wan, I believe that of all living Jedi, you have the best chance to
defeat him."
This pronouncement had startled Obi-Wan, and he had protested.
After
all, the only form in which he was truly even proficient was Soresu, which
was the most common lightsaber form in the Jedi Order. Founded upon
the
basic deflection principles all Padawans were taught-to enable them to
protect themselves from blaster bolts-Soresu was very simple, and so
restrained and defense-oriented that it was very nearly downright passive.
"But surely, Master Windu," Obi-Wan had said, "you, with the power of
Vaapad-or Yoda's mastery of Ataro-"
Mace Windu had almost smiled. "I created Vaapad to answer my
weakness:
it channels my own darkness into a weapon of the light. Master Yoda's
Ataro
is also an answer to weakness: the limitations of reach and mobility
imposed
by his stature and his age. But for you? What weakness does Soresu
answer?"
Blinking, Obi-Wan had been forced to admit he'd never actually thought
of it that way.
"That is so like you, Master Kenobi," the Korun Master had said,
shaking his head. "I am called a great swordsman because I invented a
lethal
style; but who is greater, the creator of a killing form-or the master of
the classic form?"
"I'm very flattered that you would consider me a master, but really-"
"Not a master. The master," Mace had said. "Be who you are, and
Grievous will never defeat you."

-from the Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novelization. Obi-Wan may be nothing special in Ep1 or Ep2, but by Ep3 he's the one they trust to tackle Grievous solo.

Silara Kuhn said:
I really do not understand this comparison, Obi-Wan was not considered the best, or close to it, even for his time period.
Not to shoot you down. But Obi-wan was in the 'Old Guard'. While he was less then powerful in his origins he eventually became one of the greatest candidates for master and the order, hence his placement.

Darth Ferus said:
Just hit em with a force breaker.

No matter who it is, without the force any master is chump change. Or just like you if they actually had other training, and that's pretty rare.
Unless you've concocted ways to overcome such adversity ever since the first time they were deployed.

#VeteranOfTheLongWar

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Obi-won? Pfft. No one's invincible. Even Morgoth took eight hits.

tumblr_lsr87pb5iB1qa7v7vo1_500.jpg

Get him Fingolfin. Aim for his foot. Use da Force. :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Valiens Nantaris"] I know right. It's like when Vader kills Kenobi and then steps on his clothing. Just to make sure.

*reaches* >.>''

*reaching intensifies* O.<''

*logic fails* >.<'' Nevermind. :p

Abigail

A
I frickin' lost to a new mando, but am I crying about it? No! I actually clap for his strategy compared to mine

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"] Live and let live, there be all types of characters on chaos :) and people should be allowed to write what they want.

I have some powerful force users, I have some weak force users, Kei is middle of the road, but you know what I love writing all of them. If let's say my weakest [member="Fyor Nayus"] was promoted to Master at some lofty point in the future, he's still not going to last two seconds with a Sith Lord in a straight fight. So you know what he'd just leg it and not have that straight fight. The title Master doesn't always denote the ability to throw a mountain, it could just be the ability to heal 5 people at once, or in Fyors case is just going to make him a better and better engineer.

You can make powerful NFU's too you know ;) the force is another way of making a powerful character, or not. Dev a lot of tech or NPCs, put in the work on the tech and NPC's and use it/them. That way you'll be stopping the mountains coming at you, or just blasting them out of the way.

Abigail

A
^ I don't even know much about being a Chaos FUing master yet, so here's my statement: Power and time with it scale with each other

Abigail

A
Hmm.... Anarchis might go on the back burner if I think enough on a NFU based off Vash the Stampede, and based on this topic, it may happen sooner

[member="Triam Akovin"]

I made Vulpesen to be the man prepared for everything. He's an FU not afraid to rely on more things tahn his lightsaber(he might have taken one or two swings at Triam but not many after that with it) and he bases his force powers on the enemies he notices he faces and what situations he's not yet prepared for.

And yet, despite all of this, and the boost of the force, I have fought Triam twice and both times it ended in a draw(calling cauldron a draw simply because you bested me in writing skills and I don't remember how many tricks I still had up my sleeve.) She's an NFU and I'm an FU forged by war... Sure it was a draw, and maybe I won our last battle... but I wasn't gonna be going into another fight any time soon.

Qhorin Solas

Q
I made Cronos to fight spider monkeys hopped up on Mountain Dew. He's the greatest most amazingest swordsman in the universe, with hybrid Kryptonian/Saiyan/Worm!Entity DNA, and yet I find defeat at every turn. The godling Lord Spider Monkey would destroy all of you.

[member="Vulpesen"] Not to be snotty or anything, but I'm pretty sure I pumped you up full of drugs the last time in the Cauldron and you went unconscious lol.

This time however, it was sorta of draw, but more in your favor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom