Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Too Cool to Corpo [Darkwire Teens]

slQCnMc.png

(Post Soundtrack: "With A Little Help From My Friends" by The Beatles)

"Danger girl? I told you already, it's Lady of the Glitter!"

Daiya joked easily with Cartri, letting his hands and his lips enhance the party hosted between the two of them. Her body flowed with the ebb and rhythm of the music, the alcohol and adrenaline fueling the teen's energy. She had it focused entirely on her boyfriend, sitting on his lap while the party faded into the background for the moment, fully enjoying his attention in return.

She didn't notice the flight of Das, or Zephyrr's abashed pursuit into the sunroom.

The party host didn't even notice her co-host get up to attend the door, which had rung sometime between Zenric shifting to a new song and Daiya savoring the taste of her own lipgloss on Cartri's mouth. "If she brings the fishbowl, you're wearing it." She giggled at the notion, motioning her hands up and around Cartri's head to illustrate the helmet. They ended at his neck, where she tapped it lightly, folding her hands over the collar of his shirt to lean against him for one more kiss. "I wish I could do this all night..."

Daiya had a party to attend to, instead, and she was falling behind.

Her eyes looked about, taking stock of the near-vacant living room now. Only Zenric was still there, somehow the rest of the party had moved on and Daiya was behind the times. She climbed off of Cartri, turning about to piece together the events missed while pressing her face into her boyfriend's. Her cheeks grew warm, and Daiya's hands took the time to smooth her dress hem and replace the netting over her face, shielding her embarrassment from the world. It diminished, just a little, as the teen spied Das and Zenric beyond the closed glassteel doors of the sunroom, averting her attention to give them a moment in private.

A sound from the hallway caused Daiya's ears to perk up, and a squeal to tumble from her mouth.

"BRIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" Daiya came screaming across the apartment, her arms flung wide to embrace her best friend. Hex was at the door to welcome the scrapper girl, already drawing Brie into a hug, so Daiya threw her arms around both of them and squeezed them tight in her grip. She rocked back and forth a few times, a giddy smile playing under delighted, twinkling eyes. "Oh my stars, you're finally here! I thought you were still on your way and everyone was gonna be wasted or passed out or gone when you got here."

The party host paused, leaning back with a twisted smile under her nose. Her eyes caught sight of Cassus stepping in behind her, dressed in a...cape? She tried to hide her amusement, eyes glittering at the sight of him trying to imitate a Corpo. Daiya broke a hand away to wave at him, and then the other boy who entered behind him, someone that seemed familiar somehow. She grinned her lopsided smirk at them, then turned it back on Brie and Hex again, leaning in close to whisper a secret promise to her closest friends. "Not like that would stop us anyway..."

"Hey! I'm Hex, come in, come in. Are you one of Daiya's friends?"

"Fiego knows Brin who knows Daiya," Makko replied, jabbing a thumb towards Fiego.

So far this was going very well. Two pretty girls had rushed to the door and no one was paying them too much attention. Both of those things were in their favour as far as Makko was concerned.

He and Fiego jangled as they headed into the party, leaving the four at the door to catch up. If your invitation was tenuous, bringing enough booze and offering it far and wide could firm that welcome up.

They headed straight for the fridge.

"Nice place," he commented.

"Mhmm," agreed Fiego.

Makko opened the fridge. He took one look at the box with Hex Hex name on the top and took it out and placed it on the counter. The fridge was for beer now, he decided.

Last edited:
Major Faction

Das

All About the <Code>

YYWMoSs.png

//: Tags: Daiya Daiya | Hex Hex | Zenric Zenric | Zephyrr Zephyrr
//: Location: DENON...

C7xBNj9.png

With hands still shaking nervously from the show she put on in the living room, Das reluctantly slid the glass doors open. It was him. Zephyrr. Her heart fluttered, just as it did when she first introduced herself that night. She wiped her cheeks, removing the glistening streams that had ran down her face. The girl kept her eyes even, looking to his collar rather than into his ocean-blue eyes.

"Better not get lost in those again," she thought with resolve. The handsome young man spoke in a tone that made Das' spine tingle, though she maintained a calm - if troubled - demeanor.

"Can I come in?"

Das nodded gently, turning to find her spot on the floor again. She sat with her legs crossed, her gaze now resting on the hypnotic glow of the neon city that buzzed against the darkness. She drew in a heavy breath, closing her eyes as her lungs filled with air. As she exhaled, she turned to Zephyrr and tried her best not to let her voice crack as she spoke.

"I'm really, really sorry that I did that. I- I don't know what happened, I just- I couldn't help myself." She swallowed hard, pushing down the steadily rising emotions. She knew what it made her sound like, and she hated it.

"I don't do things like that," she said bitterly, almost to herself more than the boy who accompanied her.

"I thought that if I came to the party, if I tried to meet people and fit in, that I may stand a chance as a shadowrunner. I thought that I could try to network or learn something new. At the very least, maybe I'd make a friend." Das shook her head in frustration. It was all she could think to do.

Last edited:
31869-BFA-5-AE4-4-ACE-B58-A-08-F347335-EFB.png

Objective: Act Cool As a Corpo
Tags: Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx Daiya Daiya Hex Hex Makko Vyres Makko Vyres

"Fiego knows Brin who knows Daiya,"

Cassus would give credit where credit was due; these guys remained unphased, bombarded from three questioning angles. Cassus wasn't convinced, but Hex didn't seem to care terribly much. He wasn't familiar with her, only by reputation, but considering she lived with Daiya, he supposed he could do well to trust her. After all, she kept the power on when Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud delivered the message to the airwaves, alongside both Daiya and Brie. The tension left his body as he calmed his overactive paranoia.

"Brie! Its so good to see you." She went in for a hug on the other girl that she perceived as a friend. "And you brought Cass along! Are you twoooo??" she raised her eyebrows suggestively, her and Daiya had talked at length about these two hooking up. "Dai is going to be so glad you both showed, come in, we've been playing truth or dare."

Just for it to rebound all over again. Are you two what? What was the appropriate response here? Inferring meaning from incomplete information was his pastime and job, but he had difficulty parsing the insinuation. Or rather, he knew exactly what Hex was insinuating but had no idea what it was that he and Brie were supposed to be. He wasn't even aware that they were supposed to be anything. It just happened that in the few times that they've met, he's felt drawn to be better around her, give her kindness. Please her when he could, or at least don't upset her when he couldn't.

''Wow, that was fun!''

He recalled her statement earlier and the accompanying arm to the small of his back. Was there more to this? He didn't need to pick her up or drive like crazy, but he did. Could have shared his fries with anyone. Why did he look at her at the Blue Flame on Daiya's birthday? Maybe, he just liked the company of someone he had no prior history with, someone his own age but perhaps a touch more mature than he was. A peer where no complicated emotion clouded his judgment with grief, guilt, or anger. An island free of those, and freeing of them when they appeared.

Crap, why did she have to ask that question?

"We're here to party," He dodges the question but probably answers it in Hex's mind with his evasion anyway. He glances at Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx to gauge the appropriateness of his response and her general demeanor to the question in the first place. It wouldn't matter in a moment, though, as Daiya Daiya envelopes her in a hug as they walk in together. Cassus waves back to Daiya with a friendly nod.

He wasn't sure what to do now, but he was confident a force of personality would direct him where he was needed...

Objective: Have an awesome party
Tags: Daiya Daiya Das Das Zephyrr Zephyrr Makko Vyres Makko Vyres Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx Zenric Zenric Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

Gear is stowed in places around the apartment
Poor Hex hears voices in her head

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

Untitled118_20220623220523.png

Hex, Daiya and the four newcomers all piled into the melee and began to enjoy themselves. The Apartment was getting crowded, it wasn't a big place by any means and now it was filled to the rafters with drunken. She needed a drink.

Hex sailed over to the fridge to grab herself another bottle. Running her hands across the counter and across....

'...Is someone here a moron?...

"DING DING DING!" She called out, raising her "My fellow runners, I am pleased that you have entered my home and are enjoying yourselfs.... but THIS" she held up her box "Is coaxium, it stays in the fething fridge! OK!"

'...Corpos... got to be one of them...'

Hex gave Daiya a look and mouthed the word "help" as her eyes began to change colour and her mood changed. She didn't want to do this at their party.

'...Well? What are you waiting for?...
She didn't answer but breathed deeply trying to hold it together.

"The Coaxium stays in the fething fridge... that is all!"

She turned and pushed it into the fridge quickly, spilling several bottles put before disappearing into her bedroom to be alone for a while. She shut the door and threw herself down, sat on the edge of her bed with her hand on her head.

"It was a stupid accident... nobody meant it!"
'...So what, you are trusting everyone now?..."
"Just leave me alone for one night."

She sighed and looked around at her room at all the little trinkets, party poppers, throwing knives, explosive wraps, the usual stuff most teens would probably have in their room. She needed to get back out there, but maybe she had a few moments for a little smoke to calm herself. She lit up and grabbed her datapad.

<--Hey Brie, truth or dare :)
Did you tell Cass yet?

WG-->

She hit send and then tossed the pad down, rocking her head back to clear the voices away.

RTASaOC.png

Objective: Survive Hex's candor, and have an awesome party!
Tags: Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin , Daiya Daiya , Hex Hex , Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll , Makko Vyres Makko Vyres , Zenric Zenric , Das Das , Zephyrr Zephyrr

TfmsiXS.png

"Brie! Its so good to see you." She went in for a hug on the other girl that she perceived as a friend. "And you brought Cass along! Are you twoooo??" she raised her eyebrows suggestively, her and Daiya had talked at length about these two hooking up. "Dai is going to be so glad you both showed, come in, we've been playing truth or dare."

Brie returned the hug in an equally friendly manner, genuinely happy to see Weird Girl again. Even though Brie had her doubts about the girls sanity, Hex had proven to be a force to reckon with and a good friend behind all that talking to herself and making weird gestures. Hopefully, this time they met under circumstances that kept the risk of her doing something rash and unexpected at a minimum. That small crumb of hope was horribly short lived though, when Hex asked between the lines if they were a pair already, causing Brie's eyes to become as wide as the Twin Suns of Tatooine and her face starting to blush into a red resembling the soil on Crait. The whole galaxy collapsed around her and she really wanted to just sink through the floor right now. Thanks, Hex!

As the damage was already done, Brie could do little but uncomfortably squirm on the spot and turn her face away from Cassus, trying to hide her blushing face. The light was not that good out in the corridor, so maybe if she were lucky Cassus wouldn't notice. If he did notice though, he would probably know girls that well to know that there was something going on in a girl blushing at that kind of suggesting comment.

"We're here to party," He dodges the question but probably answers it in Hex's mind with his evasion anyway. He glances at Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx to gauge the appropriateness of his response and her general demeanor to the question in the first place.

Cassus defused the situation quite well, by dodging the straight-forward question that probably caught them both off guard. Brie in her own embarassed way, but Cassus seemed more confused and maybe just a bit curious. At least judging by what coy and brief sideways glances Brie dared to spare him. It brought Brie somewhat back on track with renewed confidence, as she mustered a nervous smile at Hex and felt the heat on her face start to dissipate.

As they both entered the apartment after the two stranger boys, Brie were met with a blurr of black and pink Daiya rushing at and throwing itself around Hex and her, almost choking them in a lovingly tight hug, best friends between.

"BRIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" Daiya came screaming across the apartment, her arms flung wide to embrace her best friend. Hex was at the door to welcome the scrapper girl, already drawing Brie into a hug, so Daiya threw her arms around both of them and squeezed them tight in her grip. She rocked back and forth a few times, a giddy smile playing under delighted, twinkling eyes. "Oh my stars, you're finally here! I thought you were still on your way and everyone was gonna be wasted or passed out or gone when you got here."

''Ophh!'' Brie exhaled sharply as Daiya the Comet impacted. Uplifted by her best friends ever bubbly and likeable persona, Brie lighted up in a wide bright smile and burst into a giggle. ''Yeah, well! I think Cassus broke the spedometer on our way here.'' she said, and joined Daiya in a glance upon the handsome bounty hunter. Brie did feel a little special thinking of that he had accepted her invitation to go with her, and had been honored to ride with him. Now they were finally here. If it would be considered their first date was yet to be seen. Brie could only hope that it went more smooth than the reception Hex so kindly showcased.

Brie turned back to Daiya and nodded towards Cassus. ''I know it's a Corpo suit, but I think it looks quite good, right?'' she said sincerely complementing the boys suit and cape, before noticing Daiya's outfit. ''Oh my! You look so pretty! I like the hat!''

The apartment of the two shadowrunner girls was not too big. Neither not too crowded yet, but not much room for privacy either. It was cosy and fairly modern though, with warm neon lights being cast upon them. Brie raised a hand in a wave at Cartri sitting in the couch and Zenric apparently being tonights DJ, and flashed them both a smile.

Hex ventured off to the refrigerator, where the two stranger boys had made the poor decision to remove her coaxium from it, which she immediately pointed out her disapproval of. Soon after, she left the living room.

''So, managed to pick up some Shtöööb or whatever that ale was called?'' Brie asked in reminisce of their first shared drink together, and under the music played by Zenric, in a way to keep the conversation going after Hex's abrupt leave. ''Any more coming? Weren't Zephyrr and Emily also supposed to come?'' she added, before stepping over to the refrigerator to grab whatever Daiya would have to offer them.

It was not long before her datapad buzzed and she were greeted with a text message from Hex.

<--Hey Brie, truth or dare :)
Did you tell Cass yet?

WG-->

<Stars, no! ... I mean, I will... You almost BLEW it, though! :p>

Brie rejoined Cassus by his side and gave him the drink, immediately getting that good feeling again. Small nabooian butterflies in her stomach.

slQCnMc.png

(Post Soundtrack: "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield)

Daiya giggled at the bashful scrapper girl, grinning when she could coax a smile from Brie's cautious face. Her own face brimmed with delight as she spied her best friend's stolen glances back at Cassus, who seemed to have no trouble leaving them behind. That answered enough for the teen, who wasn't about the reveal her friends' careful secrets to the whole planet.

Yet.

"Oh my stars, thanks!" She took hold of Brie's hand, holding it out and over herself as Daiya spun around for the full effect. The skirt of her dress barely rose from its hemline, though it flared with the air swirling underneath it. Daiya turned back around to Brie, almost stumbling as she steadied herself on her, far more sober, bestie's arm. Shehooked her own under it, leading Brie into the conjoined kitchen and living space. "Your dress is a-mazing! I love the pattern, it really suits you."

The teen stopped for a moment, letting out a barking, "Ha!" She giggled softer behind the first sound, leaning closer to Brie as if she had a secret to be shared. "I just got that now. It suits you, 'cause of how suits fit." Daiya giggled some more to herself, the buzz of good drinks, music, and friends making the simplest word both fascinating and amusing. She found herself nodding at nothing, and pointed the nods at the boys, new and old, in the space. "All our suits look incredible, especially..."

"Where'd she go?" Daiya spun around again, leaving Brie's side to squint through the crowding space to spot her roommate. She couldn't have gone in the Sunroom, Das and Zephyrr were probably still talking, and there was no sign of her in the kitchen or living area. "Did you see Hex go by us? I didn't..."

She could only think of one reason why the blue girl would have had to rush that fast through the apartment. "She must be in the 'fresher—oh, you brought beer!"

Daiya was quickly diverted by the appearance of new drinks to accompany the new friends, breaking one of the cans from the pack Brie set down. The top made a loud click as she broke it open, and the teen gave it a sniff before taking a sip. "I remember this tasting like chit..." She giggled at the thought of it, so many years ago now, begging the older Brie to buy her a drink at their first meeting. "I also remember not giving a feth, alcohol is alcohol."

The teen might have gestured for others to take a can, but most seemed to have found their own drinks. That just left Brie. "But for you, we need something tasty!" Daiya grabbed an empty glass, pouring in some lum with half of an alcopop still sitting on the counter. "Oh!" Daiya thought of another component, flashing a twisted grin at Brie before she rummaged through the cupboards to find what she was looking for, Fizz-candy. She ripped open the tiny pouch, sprinkling some of the small pieces on top of Brie's drink, where they erupted into bubbles. "Here, this has got to be better than the Shteeb or whatever."

Taking a swig of the beer herself, she winced at the harsh bite all over again. It wasn't so bad now that Daiya was older, and a bit drunker already. She tipped her head toward the couches in the living room, her feet finding the beat of Zenric's music tastes once more as she waited for Brie to finish with the datapad and try the drink.

Her feet wandered near the music station, leaning against it, her head bobbing to the music. "You've been our quietest Z-boy tonight. Time to ante up, truth or dare?"

Last edited:

The sliding glass door opened soundlessly, and his first sight was of Das wiping her cheeks. His heart sank, but he stayed strong. He noticed, immediately, that she had trouble meeting his eyes... and he suspected it was more out of embarrassment than anything else. He kept his voice measured, reassuring, as she (to his surprise) allowed him entry into the room she'd chosen as her safe place. He stepped through the open portal, sliding the door shut behind him as the young woman sat back down.

Through the windows opposite, the neon backdrop of Denon's city lights shone brightly in the night sky. The sun-room was dark save for some lovely mood-lighting in the corners from hidden fixtures, giving the room a dull (but peppy) pink glow. The thump of the music in the apartment beyond dulled somewhat, with Zephyrr noting absently that the sound-proofing for this small room was actually somewhat decent. It allowed them to communicate at a normal volume, and didn't intrude.

An intrusion, at this moment, was the worst thing that could happen.

"I'm really, really sorry that I did that. I... I don't know what happened, I just... I couldn't help myself."

She swallowed hard, pushing down the steadily rising emotions.

"I don't do things like that," she said bitterly, almost to herself more than the boy who accompanied her.

"I thought that if I came to the party, if I tried to meet people and fit in, that I may stand a chance as a Shadowrunner. I thought that I could try to network, or learn something new. At the very least, maybe I'd make a friend."

A gentle smile crawled across his lips, and the tall, well-dressed young man took a spot seated beside her; his back against the wall. At the same time, he offered her one of the bottles of water he'd acquired from the kitchen before joining her. He took the same position, crossing his legs - mirroring her posture. He casually shrugged, taking a deep lungful of air before sighing, himself. "Honestly?" He said, glancing sideways at her, "I've never done anything like that either."

He stared at her for a moment, considering what she'd said... then leaned against her gently, bumping her shoulder with his own in an attempt to get her to look at him.

"I'll tell you a secret of my own." He said, grinning at her. His deep, azure blue eyes sparkled with amusement.

"I have... No Idea... about this Shadowrunner business." He rolled his eyes, adding emphasis to his words. "I came here for the same reason. Daiya invited me, and I guess she's got an In with... you know..." He expected Das would understand what he meant.

"I deliver packages for a living... I know Denon pretty well, but not like you or Daiya know it. I'm not some... borged-up Slicer or Revolutionary. I'm just trying to find a friend, too."

He stared at her, searching for some reflection... trying to catch her eye. He hadn't made his attraction to Daiya known to anyone, and having found out she already had a boyfriend had made the prospect of catching the pink-haired young woman's eye seem all-the-less likely. The events of the past few minutes had given him something much more tangible to latch onto. He felt attraction toward this pretty girl seated beside him, and he suspected she felt the same way.

"I'll be your friend." He offered.

Major Faction

Das

All About the <Code>

YYWMoSs.png

C7xBNj9.png

Das took the water bottle and nodded gratefully. She twisted the cap and took a mouthful, the cool liquid soothing her throat and calming her nerves. Turns out, lum and party snacks aren't the healthiest dinner combination. The teen tilted her head back, resting it against the wall as she closed her eyes. She could feel the young man's eyes on her, and it made her skin crawl. Half of her wished she'd melt into the wall, and the other half was on the verge of leaping through the sunroom window. Anything to get away.

"I have... no idea... about this Shadowrunner business." He rolled his eyes, adding emphasis to his words. "I came here for the same reason. Daiya invited me, and I guess she's got an in with... you know..." He expected Das would understand what he meant.

She nodded gently, curling her lips as she mulled over what he said. His words resonated with the teen; She was never the 'party' girl, even before joining Darkwire. Her purview encompassed school lessons, tinkering in her dad's workshop, and maybe catching a flick with some of the other kids who lived in the apartment complex. She was tame. Normal? Boring... Even on the good days, she wondered if she truly belonged in Darkwire. There was so much left to prove, but how could she do that if a bit of lum and a cute dress made her lose control like that? She felt like a joke. Zephyrr broke the silence again, his voice calm and soothing.

"I deliver packages for a living... I know Denon pretty well, but not like you or Daiya know it. I'm not some... borged-up slicer or revolutionary. I'm just trying to find a friend, too."

Das looked sideways at Zephyrr, offering him a half-smile. He was like her. Just a young fool trying to parse out his life on Denon. If you could call living on Denon 'life'. She knew where he was coming from, and the glint in her pale-blue eyes would tell him as much.

"I only know the street names, you know," she said jokingly.

"I race, but I don't know much about Denon beyond that. The real Denon, I mean." There was another brief lull between the two before Zephyrr spoke again.

"I'll be your friend." He offered.

Her cheeks flushed, but she played it off as a side effect of the alcohol. She needed someone she could learn from, lean on. He felt safe, and that was enough for now. She giggled as she held out her hand for him to shake.

"I'd like that."

Last edited:

Objective: Remove Head From Clouds

''I know it's a Corpo suit, but I think it looks quite good, right?''

Cassus was some steps away, soaking in the interior of his friend's apartment, observing the guests present (suspicious and expected), and eavesdropping on anything that garnered his attention. Fortunately, or unfortunately, it seemed he couldn't focus his ear on anything but the not-unpleasant lilt of Brie's voice cutting through the raucous background noises.

"The Coaxium stays in the fething fridge... that is all!"

His attention was momentarily diverted, and Cassus found himself raising a brow. He had heard of Hex by reputation more so than by an actual acquaintanceship, but this particular outburst seemed less surprising than it probably should have in this context.

Brie rejoined Cassus by his side and gave him the drink, immediately getting that good feeling again. Small nabooian butterflies in her stomach.

Concerns over unsecured explosives in the building diffused as an interesting offering presented itself in the hands of pretty hands.

"Hey, thanks, you didn't have to." He offered a smile to hide his nervousness. The last time he had a drink... he almost couldn't remember. It gave him nice but poignant thoughts. When he was younger, in the safety of his mother's protection, he remembered being introduced to a Zeltronian beverage from his Uncle Crol. They both laughed at him for trying so hard to deny the disgusting swill he forced down his throat, trying his damndest to remain cool. That was a long time ago, and they were both dead now. There was no need to keep from making faces, no need to dwell on them now. He had a new face to see, a new laughter he was dying to keep on hearing.

Taking a sip from the drink, his nose scrunched for a moment... and realized the bitterness, while very strong and perhaps even comparable to that first drink, tasted in a way cathartic. Then, there was the burn down his throat, and immediately there was a dangerous sense that he enjoyed the sensation. Letting his face move the way it did, he looked back at Brie, wondering if she would laugh at his uncharacteristic lack of stoicism. Almost hoping she would.

"I don't often drink," He offered another smile.

"You've been our quietest Z-boy tonight. Time to ante up, truth or dare?" Cassus overheard Daiya.

"Did we miss out on a game? Let's go!" Cassus tried to lead Brie nearer to Zenric Zenric and Daiya Daiya , drink in hand.

"It's truth or dare!" Daiya frowned at the boy manning the music datapad, who was still ignoring her best efforts to draw him out of his cybernetic shell. Her eyes fixed onto Cassus instead, grinning at a thought. "If you were a real Corpo I'd say you know how it goes, 'cause that cape has to be somebody's idea of a dare. So what's the answer, truth or dare?"

Cassus grinned at Daiya and rolled his eyes. While in expensive taste, capes were cool. Glancing at Brie, he didn't think he had anything worth telling a story about, and was far too comfortable with action anyway.

"Who says I'm not a real Corpo?" Cassus laid thick the sarcasm, not cognizant or unacknowleding of the irony. "Do your worst, criminal, dare me!" He hoped it would be something impressive, and not stupid...

Objective: Have an awesome party
Tags: Daiya Daiya Das Das Zephyrr Zephyrr Makko Vyres Makko Vyres Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx Zenric Zenric Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

Gear is stowed in places around the apartment
Poor Hex hears voices in her head

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

Untitled118_20220623220523.png
As the drugs did their work and her erratic mind cleared itself, Hex's shoulders relaxed and she began to reconsider her choice to hide in her bedroom during her party. She looked at the burning stump, it was last one, she had better get some more she reached down and sent a hurried message to her guy for the next morning. She spotted the message from Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx And giggled.

<Stars, no! ... I mean, I will... You almost BLEW it, though! :p>

<Ooopsie, totally did you a favour though, he looks
WG>

She slid her pad back into had trouser and walked out of the room, leaving the last remnants of her joint behind. Noone seemed to have noticed her outburst, which was probably for the best, she was trying so hard to be in control and not ruin things like this. She slinked up behind Daiya Daiya and put her arms around her for a friendly hug. She rested her chin on Daiya's shoulder, her hair and breath now probably smelled slightly like the herb and she had a more mellowed way about her. "Sorry about that... so what are we going to dare him" she whispered something wholely unwholesome into Daiya's ear. There was no way she could dare him in to do that in public but Hex found it funny. The blue haired girl looked at Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin and giggled before letting her go and looking around the room at the other gathered people.

Hex needed a drink, but she was too eager to find out what her friend was about to date the young man, she was so curious what was going on with Das Das and Zephyrr Zephyrr but it was probably in everyone's interest that she stayed out of that one.

" Makko Vyres Makko Vyres ! Can you toss me a beer then you need to tell me all about yourself" she called over to the newcomer who was lingering by the fridge, maybe it was him who touched her prescious Coaxium.

"Can you toss me a beer then you need to tell me all about yourself"

"I need to, do I?" he laughed.

Makko was already on one knee, retrieving one of the beers from the fridge. It was either her apartment or her fridge. In either case she probably deserved an answer for who had turned up without interuption.

He placed two bottles on the counter. Standing up, he drained the last of his. Whilst he had taken a hit of spice outside the door to get themselves into a party atmosphere, he was clearly behind the group here on the road to drunken debauchery.

Makko twisted both bottle caps off with his bare hands and stepped over to hold out one for Hex.

"I'm Makko," he said. "Slicer with the Fractal State."

The ink that marked out his affiliation was hidden by the suit, but there was plenty visible on his neck and on his wrists every time his bent his arms. Up close it could be seen that the suit was too large across his shoulders and around the waist. There were dried blood stains on the collar.

"We hit corpo servers, advertising sites, holding companies, that kind of thing..." he said with a grin. They were not as discerning in their targets as Darkwire and were as criminal as they were rebellious.

"So that was your coaxium?" he asked. "Why was it in the fridge? Well, I know why it would be in the fridge but why do you have it. Are you making a bomb?" he asked, clearly fascinated by the subject. As far as Makko was concerned, that made her the most interesting person here by a large margin.

RTASaOC.png

Objective: Party!
Wearing: Dress
Tags: Daiya Daiya , Hex Hex , Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin , Das Das , Zephyrr Zephyrr , Zenric Zenric , Makko Vyres Makko Vyres , Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

TfmsiXS.png

"Oh my stars, thanks!" She took hold of Brie's hand, holding it out and over herself as Daiya spun around for the full effect. The skirt of her dress barely rose from its hemline, though it flared with the air swirling underneath it. Daiya turned back around to Brie, almost stumbling as she steadied herself on her, far more sober, bestie's arm. Shehooked her own under it, leading Brie into the conjoined kitchen and living space. "Your dress is a-mazing! I love the pattern, it really suits you."

The teen stopped for a moment, letting out a barking, "Ha!" She giggled softer behind the first sound, leaning closer to Brie as if she had a secret to be shared. "I just got that now. It suits you, 'cause of how suits fit." Daiya giggled some more to herself, the buzz of good drinks, music, and friends making the simplest word both fascinating and amusing. She found herself nodding at nothing, and pointed the nods at the boys, new and old, in the space. "All our suits look incredible, especially..."

Her already somewhat tipsy friends response brought the girls into another joyful barrage of giggles, as Brie turned her support to Daiya into a loose second hug, before getting dragged towards the kitchen. The more experienced shadowrunner, who Brie was happy to call bestie, had her bossy ways as usual. Rare were the times that the older blonde had succeeded to convince Daiya to change her mind, or keep her from doing anything rash and, most of the times, dangerous.

Brie did the same as Daiya and glanced around for Weird Girl, who in fact had disappeared from the events. Soon enough, Daiya figured that Hex must have gone to the refresher, and that she probably would be back soon. Something was actually missing here. The, Brie were almost afraid to say it, kind of fresh breath of air that was Hex welcoming them had left a hole here.

The teen might have gestured for others to take a can, but most seemed to have found their own drinks. That just left Brie. "But for you, we need something tasty!" Daiya grabbed an empty glass, pouring in some lum with half of an alcopop still sitting on the counter. "Oh!" Daiya thought of another component, flashing a twisted grin at Brie before she rummaged through the cupboards to find what she was looking for, Fizz-candy. She ripped open the tiny pouch, sprinkling some of the small pieces on top of Brie's drink, where they erupted into bubbles. "Here, this has got to be better than the Shteeb or whatever."

Brie watched with interest what her friend was about to make her. She had never tried the alcoholic beverage before, but guessed that Daiya knew her tastes pretty well by now. The candy really made the drink all fizzy and girly looking. ''Oh, thank you!''

"Hey, thanks, you didn't have to." He offered a smile to hide his nervousness. The last time he had a drink... he almost couldn't remember. It gave him nice but poignant thoughts. When he was younger, in the safety of his mother's protection, he remembered being introduced to a Zeltronian beverage from his Uncle Crol. They both laughed at him for trying so hard to deny the disgusting swill he forced down his throat, trying his damndest to remain cool. That was a long time ago, and they were both dead now. There was no need to keep from making faces, no need to dwell on them now. He had a new face to see, a new laughter he was dying to keep on hearing.

Taking a sip from the drink, his nose scrunched for a moment... and realized the bitterness, while very strong and perhaps even comparable to that first drink, tasted in a way cathartic. Then, there was the burn down his throat, and immediately there was a dangerous sense that he enjoyed the sensation. Letting his face move the way it did, he looked back at Brie, wondering if she would laugh at his uncharacteristic lack of stoicism. Almost hoping she would.

"I don't often drink," He offered another smile.

''Sure, I did.'' Brie insisted short but merrily, while stealing glances at the boy standing beside her seemed a bit nervous. Gone were the cocky speeder driver that had taken her here. It was not a bad thing, and Brie did not mind at all. Quite the reverse, actually. This was the first time that she were given a glimpse of the young bounty hunters different sides, and she liked what she saw. And she did offer him a light chuckle, while a warm and pretty smile spread on her lips. ''I don't... often drink too, but...'' she added in all honesty, pointing out that he was not alone in that fact. ''You know... When you are around Daiya, you got to find ways to put up with her!'' Brie continued, and threw an amused smile in her besties direction, before taking a sip of the girly drink.

"Did we miss out on a game? Let's go!" Cassus tried to lead Brie nearer to Zenric Zenric and Daiya Daiya , drink in hand.

He likes games! That was good to know, and this would hopefully make them both relax again and just enjoy the evening. Furthermore, Brie could get used to be led by the bounty hunter and his close presence, even if it also made her slightly nervous still.

Brie's datapad soon buzzed, and she briefly pulled it out of her jacket and checked the message.

<Ooopsie, totally did you a favour though, he looks WG>

Brie just smiled and shaked her head before putting the datapad back into the jacket. Soon enough, the sender of the message turned up like a hurricane.

"It's truth or dare!" Daiya frowned at the boy manning the music datapad, who was still ignoring her best efforts to draw him out of his cybernetic shell. Her eyes fixed onto Cassus instead, grinning at a thought. "If you were a real Corpo I'd say you know how it goes, 'cause that cape has to be somebody's idea of a dare. So what's the answer, truth or dare?"

If Brie didn't get worried enough when Daiya dared Cass, things just went a lot worse when Hex whispered something in her roommates ear. She tried not to show her worry, but silenced a cough and pulled a strand of hair out of her face, before taking another and a bit bigger sip of the drink. She glanced around the room, pretending it's raining. Don't do anything crazy now, Daiya, pleeease!

Objective: Dress like a corpo
Attire: Clothing
Tags: Daiya Daiya / Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin / Hex Hex / Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx / Zephyrr Zephyrr / Makko Vyres Makko Vyres / Das Das / Zenric Zenric

"Danger girl? I told you already, it's Lady of the Glitter!"
"Fine then, "glitter lady" Cartri smiled and returned her kisses some more. The party didn't matter at that moment, it was just him and Daiya having a quiet moment between each other. Eventually, the new arrivals came and broke the moment, forcing Daiya to finally refocus on the party "Me wearing a fish bowl? no chance!" he smirked as he leaned forward and met Daiya for one last kiss. Tasting her lip gloss on his lips he watched her getting off his lap "Another time..." he smiled, letting her walk away and speak with the new guests.

Cartri leaned forwards and grabbed his beer to sip on, his blue eyes lightly looking at the newcomers who were more than familiar. Brie, a girl who he had known for a while now had finally shown up. To his disappointment, she wasn't wearing her signature bowl. She did only wear it on assignments after all, but it wouldn't have surprised him if she had been wearing it every second of the day. The other was Cassus... to say the least, he didn't have too much to say about soldier boy

Once Daiya had finished talking to her, he picked up his beer and walked over to Brie "Well, long time no see Brie" he said with a grin and a sip of his beverage "Is your fishbowl broke or something? I rarely see you without it nowadays" Cartri loved messing with Brie, teasing her with the fishbowl every time they meet.

"Say, have you chosen someone for a dare yet? I'll let you choose another for me just because I'm so kind" Cartri giggled and looked at the girl curiously. Who knew what she was going to choose...

Last edited:
"I'd like that."

The young man reached out and took her hand, strong fingertips curling around her palm. He looked at her, grinning. Inwardly, he recognized they'd turned a corner - somehow - and he felt butterflies in his stomach. He could still tell Das was feeling a bit emotional, recognizing the glint in her eye and the redness in her cheeks.. but, he accepted that it was likely due to the alcohol she'd consumed. He squeezed her hand.

"Would you like to go back to the party?" He asked gently. He wasn't rushing her; that much would be clear. He was checking to see if she wanted to reamin here in the sun-room for a while longer.

Whatever she chose, he'd stay by her side.

Das Das

slQCnMc.png

(Post Soundtrack: "Kings & Queens" by Ava Max)

Daiya couldn't keep her eyes off Brie, grinning with approval as her best friend sipped the concoction she had put together. Without much of a guide, and none of the right ingredients, the teen had thrown together some new version of a Crazy Mechanic cocktail. She didn't think Meeno would approve of the concoction, but then he didn't approve of her drinking much at all. Brie's approval was all she needed, really. "If you love it, I love it!"

She couldn't help but watch her bestie chat merrily with Pool Boy; catching the little nerves of his smile, the furtive glances from her. Daiya sipped at her beer, even the taste barely outweighing the sight of her oldest friends getting along. Maybe even a little more than that? A friendly swarm of butterflies pooled in her innards, the sensation causing Daiya to dance again to the music by the DJ station to await the cyborg's reply.

"...Do your worst, criminal, dare me!"

Cassus filled the space instead, and Daiya perked up at his interest. She didn't miss Brie's glance, it only fueled the teen's wild aspirations for the game tonight. "Do my worst? Oh, you sweet, naĂŻve boy, you really don't know what you're asking for."

Daiya grinned broadly, gripping her drink in both hands as she stepped up close to Cassus. She could practically taste his scent at this range, but another smell was already distracting her nose. Hands cupped on her ear as the surprised teen stepped back, listening to Hex' whispered suggestion. Her mouth twisted at the ends and Daiya turned to the blue girl with a wicked grin on her face. "Oh my stars, Hex. Not in here!"

Her head gave a little shake at the suggestion. "You dipped into our stash, didn't you?" One arm set akimbo, elbow out to frame the playful frown on Daiya's face. She shook her head, careful not to dislodge the pinned hat from its perch. "No fething wonder, tsk tsk."

The teen could hardly stop from giggling, grinning to show Hex she didn't really mean such admonishment. Daiya was glad to have her newest friend back in the party, though a small part of her wondered why Hex hadn't shared the joint with her. The thought was gone in a moment, her focus back on the choice of dare once more. Daiya inhaled slowly, trying to ignore the temptation of the hazy odor in the air, concentrating instead on calming her expressions and breathing to face Cassus again.

He was waiting for this, after all.

"I want you to find the person here you like the most," Daiya told him in most serious voice she could muster, nearly failing to keep the impish grin from spreading over her face. The teen didn't look around, another glance from Brie would find her bursting into giggles. One glance at Cartri would have her concocting something far too close to the suggestion from Hex. Daiya turned her eyes down to the beer in her hands instead. She swirled it absentmindedly, as if still considering what dare could meet Cassus' challenge. In truth, she had a general idea from the first moment they had walked into the apartment.

"And look deep into her eyes for a full minute!"

Major Faction

Das

All About the <Code>

YYWMoSs.png

C7xBNj9.png

"We probably should, huh?" Das remarked. How long had they been in the sunroom, anyway? It felt like they'd been sitting there for hours.

She knew he wouldn't leave her alone if she chose to stay, but figured it was best for them to show their faces. There would surely be rumors abound from her spontaneous show of affection; Hiding away with Zephyrr in the side room wouldn't make things any better. The teen stood slowly to her feet, bracing herself against the wall in case the lum had decided to creep up on her. After concluding that the sunroom was no longer spinning, she brushed the wrinkles from her dress and looked to Zephyrr, a gentle smile across her face.

Her curls swayed gently as she tilted her head towards the door.

"Shall we?"

Last edited:

Objective: Ponder a Gaze

"I want you to find the person here you like the most,"

"That's not even a real-" Cassus protested, his fake Corpo-bluster collapsed instantly with dissatisfaction. He detested the social challenge on the principle that it was effectively a disguised ploy to get him to tell Truth. A Dare was action. It required substance and will. It had to be a-

"-challenge..." His word trailed off.

Damn. Cassus had to admit as much as he seriously hated the premise, it fulfilled his criterion for action. His eyes were left lingering on a Daiya for a second, and as she (deliberately?) looked away, Cassus took in a short breath as he slammed his eyes shut. Wherever his eyes fell was dangerous now. His eyes now exposed vulnerability, something he was notoriously bad at.

Several thoughts and strategies filled his head. He could look at the ceiling, avoid all contact with the partygoers, and claim he was looking at his dead mother. Depressing as hell, real smooth. It's definitely not what she would want him to do anyway, much as they loved each other in their own way. She'd like him to look at someone, probably. Or maybe, she wouldn't want her son forced to choose arbitrarily? Her level of protective attitude was hard to pin down now that he's been on his own without her guidance.

He could keep his eyes closed the whole night and, when asked, say he was waiting for the right moment for someone to convince him to open his eyes to them. That seemed logically consistent with the dare, and it didn't provide a time limit other than the length of the stare. It was annoying, of course, as he would need to depend on someone else to get around. But... maybe that wouldn't be so bad, depending on who volunteered.

Or, he could bite the bullet and pick the only person in the room he had no reason to dislike and didn't mind the company of. Obviously, there was a lot of pressure in that direction, but he wasn't sure if he was ready for that. It would be a brave thing to do. Bold, even. Was he feeling bold tonight or pensive?

"Challenge... accepted. I'm going to need a hand, though. I'm not opening my eyes until I've found them tonight." Cassus hoped that sounded suave and not arrogantly immature. It was probably the latter; Damn, I hope I'm not an idiot.

"Shall we?"

Zeph smiled, leveraging himself back onto his feet before offering a hand to the young woman still seated upon the floor. If she accepted it, he would help her to her feet as well. He finished off his bottle of water but kept it handy to throw it out when they returned to the rest of the party. With a smile, he studied her face for a moment - glad to see her mood changed. That radiant smile returned

He nodded.

Then, opened the door.

They both stepped out, with Zephyrr doing the gentlemanly thing & letting her exit first. They rejoined the party together - immediately assaulted by the buzz of conversation & driving beats of the music. Dancing lights played upon Zephyrr's face as he leaned in close toward Das' ear - asking a question he probably should have asked before they left the quiet sun-room:

"Do you want another drink, or a water?"

He was ready to step into the kitchen, joining a large crowd hanging out in the same area.

RTASaOC.png

Objective: Party!
Wearing: Dress
Tags: Daiya Daiya , Hex Hex , Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin , Das Das , Zephyrr Zephyrr , Zenric Zenric , Makko Vyres Makko Vyres , Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

TfmsiXS.png

Just before Daiya would reveal Cassus' dare to them, ginger boy appeared by Brie's side in his usual cocky fashion.
Once Daiya had finished talking to her, he picked up his beer and walked over to Brie "Well, long time no see Brie" he said with a grin and a sip of his beverage "Is your fishbowl broke or something? I rarely see you without it nowadays" Cartri loved messing with Brie, teasing her with the fishbowl every time they meet.

"Say, have you chosen someone for a dare yet? I'll let you choose another for me just because I'm so kind" Cartri giggled and looked at the girl curiously. Who knew what she was going to choose...

It was highly expected, and one could say that Brie were rather used to it by now. She made less fuzz of it, but it soon hit her that Cassus might never have seen her in it yet. He wore a helmet himself to his armor, and would probably see it from the practical side. Better not be killed by toxic air, right? Although, it was still a fact that made her just a bit worried that Cartri bullied her for it right in front of him. ''Come on, I rarely use it nowadays!'' she uttered in defence, watching for Cassus eventual reaction. ''Oh, and I'll definitely cook up something spicy for you!'' That was when Daiya dropped the next bomb, and Brie's eyes grew wider looking at her bestie fully aware that Brie had a crush on the bounty hunter.
"I want you to find the person here you like the most," Daiya told him in most serious voice she could muster, nearly failing to keep the impish grin from spreading over her face. The teen didn't look around, another glance from Brie would find her bursting into giggles. One glance at Cartri would have her concocting something far too close to the suggestion from Hex. Daiya turned her eyes down to the beer in her hands instead. She swirled it absentmindedly, as if still considering what dare could meet Cassus' challenge. In truth, she had a general idea from the first moment they had walked into the apartment.

Brie sipped thoughtfully on the sweet, colorful and sparkling drink she had recieved from her friend. She did her best to pretend it was raining, and truth to be told the alcohol appealed more and more to her. It would not surprise her if offering the drink was just a sign of good to weigh up the mischief that Daiya had cooked up. The fact that Daiya used the word her excluded it would be a buddy to Cassus, too. Oh, stars!

"Challenge... accepted. I'm going to need a hand, though. I'm not opening my eyes until I've found them tonight." Cassus hoped that sounded suave and not arrogantly immature. It was probably the latter; Damn, I hope I'm not an idiot.

The answer were relieving to Brie and a silent but noticeable sigh left her, but it also made her more curious when and where the bounty hunter would open those kind looking blue eyes of his. Brie exchanged a puzzled yet curious glance with Daiya, wondering what to do with the situation.

''Uhm...'' Brie were about to say something, just when she swallowed a sip of the drink wrongly and quelled a cough in her arm fold, turning away from the boy to be as polite as possible. Even though his eyes were closed, he could still hear her. ''I- I've got one free... I'll help you.'' she mustered up, both shyness and a bit of excitement breaking through her voice, as her hand gently grabbed his. ''Got your drink? How about we continue the game in the couch?''

The music played by Zenric Zenric continued to set the party in just the right mood. Brie gave the cyborg a friendly smile and a thumbs up.

''Oh, hi Zephyr! Das!'' she greeted them merrily, as she led Cassus through the apartment to the main living room area. Seeing both of them leaving the sun-room, she guessed that there was more potential romances taking place tonight. And it looked to be a late one too!

With Cassus on tow, Brie walked over to the couch and aimed for one of the corners. A light sweet giggle left her, as she found herself right in front of the boy and holding both of his hands, one over the one that was holding the drink. ''Okay! If you trust me, you could just sit down now. The couch is right behind you.''

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom