Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Infinity & Beyond - Fare Thee Well, Bryn'adûl

QOddNfH.png

x
The Bryn'adûl
Per the notification from the current Faction Owner Osam Osam the time has come for the Bryn'adûl to take their leave from the galactic stage as a Major Faction. It is with a certain degree of sadness that we must say farewell to such a grand impact to the community, but, simply stepping out of the spotlight doesn't mean the Bryn are gone.

The member base is still here, still writing, and hopefully lurking in the shadows with cool monsters and scary plots to keep us on our toes. You've all provided so much content and opportunity for storytelling that your works will continue to provide a backdrop for many writers for a long time to come. Thank you, all of you, for your efforts. Thank you to Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus who lit the torch and Osam Osam who carried it. Thank you to the members who flawlessly wrote our favorite lobsters. You're a great faction!

Can't wait to see what you do next.

Feel free to comment below with your thoughts and favorite Bryn moments!

Note: As rebellion rules are still deactivated the territory has simply been removed from the map versus waiting 14 days.

Behind the scenes discussion, since I have mostly only positive things to say about the Bryn'adul, this particular faction created the first discussion in which a "Activity Check exemption" was discussed with the reason being the CULTURE they brought to the map game and their fellow Major Factions.

That was the first time I believe Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris or myself can recall the word "Culture" was instilled in an Admin debate on whether to grant an exemption so they could pass an Activity Check.

Fortunately, they passed that particular Activity Check of their own volition and it never came to that. Fair winds and following seas, Bryn'adul, it was a pleasure having a unique faction like yours rise to the heights that it did.

The Bryn’adul walked so the Maw could run.

Cheers. Wish I could’ve done some PvP against y’all, but for a long hot moment you were the big baddies of the Galaxy and I think that’s an achievement few factions can boast of.

I think the Galaxy's big enough that the MAW and BRYN carved their own separate paths to villaindom, but luckily for us all we got to see it in the same timeframe. I think this has, more than any other year, been the AGE OF VILLAINS. We've seen some really good ones, and I don't recall another period of time in which we saw so many.

The Invasion of Sev Tok and the battle that took place in the city of Anvil, for all its complete chaos and butchery, has to be in my top 5 of all time. We saw Jedi and Sith, Rangers and Mandalorians, even Battle Droids and Clone Troopers all fighting back to back against a common enemy. It's left a huge impact on this char and myself as a writer in my 8 years on Chaos.

It was such a pivotal moment for SJC as a faction because we had lost so many invasions leading up to it that had we lost at Sev Tok we might not have survived. ICly the Bryn will go down as the greatest threat SJC has ever faced in our long history, and I salute Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus and Osam Osam and their entire memberbase for uniting the entire map against them and successfully taking them on for so long. You've set the bar for any future genocidal factions on this site, and I doubt it will be surpassed for some time.

The impact the Bryn'adul had on my character cannot be overstated. Were it not for the Bryn'adul Osam Osam there would be no Darth Xiphos, and no House Io. Laertia would never have rebelled and become what she is today. Fighting the Bryn'adul made her more dangerous than she ever otherwise might have been, but broke her mentally. Fighting at Sarka then Sev Tok were pivotal moments for the SJC and for her as well (Big thanks to the SJC staff for letting me be in those!)

Her vigil might never end where the Bryn'adul are concerned, I for one, will never forget that some of my most favorite moments in rp came from the war against your faction

I had the privilege of threading with you Bryn’adûl folk in Sev Tok. All of you produced some of the best posts I’ve read in that Invasion in the site. I was very excited every time I got a notification from the Invasion, regardless of the writer that posted. The narration of the larger scale combat all across the City of Anvil was written quite well, as well as the fights between the PC’s. The level of cooperation and professionalism displayed by both the Bryn’adûl and the SJC writers was commendable.

It was especially amazing to thread with Osam Osam in that invasion! That was my very first and very memorable PvP experience for me. It was so good writing with you, my man! You’re a great writer, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!

I am looking forward to writing with you Bryn'adûl folk in the future if I ever get the chance again! But until then, farewell!

tumblr_on0amhJ6vF1qibhi9o3_400.gifv

I'm extremely grateful for all the kind words from everyone and for the opportunity I was given to carry the torch that Tathra lit. This has been a wonderful writing experience for me, and I've seriously enjoyed the chance to write with so many different writers as Osam - both friend and foe alike.

It's wonderful to hear that the Bryn'adul had such a good impact on the site and I look forward to seeing what the aftermath is now that we've been defeated. I'm also looking forward to seeing what the few surviving Bryn writers are going to get up to now that they don't have the backing of the massive military-industrial complex that was our faction.

Here's to seeing what the future holds! :)

Be careful what you wish for.
A little late for this, but: Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus Osam Osam

I've been playing this game for a long time, and have always had the ability to do so because of a few simple words.

"It's just a game"

The Bryn made ME hate them, not Caltin, not Liram, not Omega Squad, ME. That is how amazing the lore, the depth, the characters, all of it. I was so drawn in. That is powerful.

An amazing job, and a BIG void to fill.

#respect

Never had the pleasure to write with or against you boys and girls till the last Invasion thread. I enjoyed reading the posts and enjoyed my writing partner.

If Star Wars taught me one thing: See ya in the Sequels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom