Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Taste of Salt in the Air [CIS Dominion of Dressel]

"I'm all jello under the katarn kit, Vi'sika." It was an attempt to cut through the tension; which had settled like a thick fog over the three. Calico simply needed to find a sharp enough knife to cut through it. "Well, Krest, Ven has taken the position of my personal agent." There was a bit of pride, and a bit of challenge in his voice. It was a test, to gauge Krest's reaction. "She'll carry my authority wherever she is deployed."

@[member="Krest"] @[member="Ven"]

Krest moved his hands down to his sides, shrugging. ​"@[member="Ven"] can certainly make her own decisions. I'm sure she'll make the right one when she has to." There was a bit of edge on his own voice, but it didn't sound annoyed. If anything Ven would get @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"] to grow a conscious. Or something close to it. Maybe then the Zabrak could get over his issues.

Ooh. Another invitation. He looked at it and saw that it was going to be on a beach. This sounds new to me, never been on a beach in my life. He once again was on Kamino this time he was being the drill sergeant. It was nice to be that cause he was yelling insults at the clones which made some of them cry. He still remembered one trooper when Canal asked him why the hell he was here. The trooper said this, "To do what you tell me to do and be bred to kill and die, sir!" Which Canal responded back saying, "Damn it, cadet. I wish I had a million of you," which was kind of funny cause there were a million of them.

After he completed his duty on Kamino, Canal had another pilot take him to Dressel. His name was Eagle and they had another talk about war and what Eagle would be facing later on. After they arrived the planet Canal gave his thanks to Eagle and they both went off in their separy ways. He was in beach style and had a tee shirt, sandles, and swim trunks on and his sunglasses.

Where to start. Canal saw the CIS enjoying the moment. I wish things could go on like this in the galaxy. He saw Calico talking with a woman and saw Krest. He walked on over there and said "Afternoon, lady and gentlemen," as he saluted Calico. He then looked at Krest through his sunglasses and thought it was time to put things back in its droor and not look at them again. "So, whats up with you guys?"

@[member="Commander Calico CC-247"] @[member="Krest"] @[member="Ven"]

@Ere'bodycauseI'mlazy

Knifing sunlight. Why people enjoyed it he didn't know, but he certainly didn't. Despite protests a certain older sibling had forced him to actually wear beach attire. Nonetheless the adolescent had a towel wrapped around him and sunglasses on. He knew for that he looked stupid, but he was rather good about not giving a shit what people thought, but his appearance wasn't helped by him constantly having to get sand out of areas it shouldn't be. "Surely there must be a better way to take over a planet." Xavier grumbled under his breath.

Ven narrows her eyes, glancing from one to the other, "Something has happened that neither of you are telling me about." She pursed her lips, wiggling the end of her nose, standing there stubbornly, tapping the toe of her boot, "I would ask but it seems that at this current moment if it were brought up you would tear each other to bits. So I'll just become a wall." She states with determination, eyes glinting. "You hear me? So you two need to make up soon or I shall forever be thorns in your sides." Why couldn't her friends just get along? This seemed to happen once and a while, despite the tiny amount of friends she had.

@[member="Krest"]
@[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]

It wasn’t something that Token was shocked on, people looking at her. She would look at herself, if she could. There really wasn’t much that she wouldn’t look at. To her, everyone had their own way to be pretty. Even if they were a bit different inside. But that wasn’t what she was going after. People wanted to be liked for their outward appearance, and she did her best to make everyone feel pretty.

If she couldn’t do that, it would be her duty to make them feel special.

Biting her lip, she could feel the Sith staring at her. That was.. tricky. And this was a beach, wasn’t he all sorts of hot? The only real reason she knew he was a Sith was that she had lived among them… for what? a month? Maybe less. But she still knew how they felt. Probably from touching things, she could sense everything. That was psychometry, from what she established. Still, she smiled. “Hello!” That came out in her typical cheerful tone. Way to go, Token.

What she was wondering, partially, was if she was going to be able to get into the game. And, more so, if she chased Sindy away. Really, the pair were living aboard a shuttle for the better part of the past few months. The pair really kind of knew their way around with one another. Not in that way… but still… Where was the other girl?

@[member="Siyndacha Aerin"] @[member="Darth Naefas"]

"Umm, well we live on a beach so perhaps somewhere that's more city like. I grew up on Coruscant so maybe there. I think Izzy would love it there." She smiled as she sat up along with him. The thought of a family vacation was wonderful and she couldn't wait to go.

"Surfing, I have never been surfing before." She commented as she took his hand as she got up off the sand. "Sounds fun. I would love to try that."

@[member="Josiah Denko"]

Krest frowned then. Deeply. @[member="Ven"] had a knack for this sort of thing, and she was normally right. He glanced past her, to @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"], frowning more. He had no idea what to say or do. No idea how to patch. So he asked a question instead, his eyes on the Commanders.

"You understand why I did what I did right?" Straight to the point. No reason to beat around the push. Krest turned his body to face Calico, his arms now crossed.

"Whoa, whoa. Let's break it up." As Canal put himself between his brother and Krest. "Now, Krest. We are not programmed like droids and we all make our own decisions. I'm not saying what you did was right or wrong but it nearly caused us to lose the system. So why don't we have fun and talk about this later on?" He wasn't going to have a fight happen.

@[member="Krest"] @[member="Ven"] @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]

Calico gave a short nod to Canal. He was in the middle of something, but if the junior clone wanted to join in on the conversation, then he could feel free to. "Yes, I understand. Some people need to have a clear conscience. I don't blame you for it." Calico didn't frown, his expression remained remarkably neutral. "I would have liked to avoid war with Nar Haaska, but that wasn't my call in the end. Either way, the uprising has been put down."

And you caused it, but I should forgive you because that's what Kal would do.

"So, there's nothing to be angry about. I know where people need to be deployed now, and that matters. You have no fear of legal repercussions."

@[member="Krest"] @[member="Ven"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"]

Krest held up a hand to @[member="CC-117 Canal"]. If anything though he'd of had to push @[member="Ven"] out of the way to get in between the Commander and the Zabrak. "I was never worried about legal repercussions Calico. Though, I wasn't dressed as CIS. I'm not sure why there was war to begin with." He was dressed as a rebel that day. What ever caused a war wasn't his fault, at least not directly. Though he couldn't be blamed for any who followed him.

Ven sets her jaw, arms across her chest, glaring at Canal. She grinds her teeth slowly and cocks her head to the right sharply, "I'm sorry. Who are you?" The Falleens' teal eyes glinted with annoyance as she took a slight step forward towards Canal, her body tense. It was clear she was annoyed, deeply, and it was also clear that she was feeling very sassy. "I appreciate your attempt to pacify this tension but I can handle it. I have a knack for this sort of thing. I also have a knack for noticing when other people are already taking care of things, and know not to be rude and jump in and try to pull off their job while they're in the middle of performing it." She let off a very sarcastic smile, and raised her right hand and waved at him, "Hi there. Notice I exist now?"

@[member="Krest"]
@[member="CC-117 Canal"]

Darth Naefas looked about the beach slowly when he girl replied with a greeting of her own. "My name is Arvis Syphex." He said with a dismissive tone. His true name hardly mattered. But he was apart of the Confederacy now, and waving around his title of Darth would be serving no purpose. Even if it was the name that he had chosen.

"And you are?" He asked. He could sense that she didn't really want to be alone with him, or speaking with him for that matter, but he was still unsure of what to do.

@[member="Token Waters"]

Siyndacha Aerin

S
Where was she? There weren't that many blondes around here, and even fewer of them that looked like Token. That familiarity was the thing that made it so easy to discard other faces that crossed her field of vision, and still, seeing not who she was looking for, Sindy was starting to get a little annoyed, but even more so concerned. She looked back at the very few belongings she had brought to the beach, ducking back under the umbrella to fetch her tablet and her water, then turned back around to wade through the crowd to find the one person that she could reasonably - at all - call her closest friend.

She could see people playing Net-Ball, mostly shirtless.... most everyone was wearing almost as little as she was. It was one of those things about Sindy that didn't quite make sense - the social awkwardness, and the lack of body issues did not go hand in hand. All in all, everyone here was dressed as expec -

- okay, maybe not. What was that guy doing here in full-on black robes? How, exactly, wasn't he boiling to death? And... oh, hey! There was Token! The platinum blonde lifted her free arm and waved, hoping Token would see her. However, after some moments of hard signaling, she hadn't caught the other girl's attention.

So she shouted.

"Hey! Token!" She yelled. "Over here!"

@[member="Token Waters"]

Token was all for making friends, but there were just a few things that made her a bit nervous. And Sith were one. Not really Sith in the people she met, but the stereotype, they made her nervous. Biting her lip, though, she smiled. Arvis Syphex, that was a fun name. She couldn’t quite place where it came from in the galaxy, but she didn’t need to, not yet anyway. Maybe she would figure it out in the future. “I’m Token Waters.” She smiled. Really, she couldn’t curtsy here, but she wanted to do something… right?

That was polite.

She held her hand out. And right! Conversation! She could do that! Maybe. Right! “When did you join the Confederacy? Isn’t this, like, the most awesome place?” Beach parties and dinner parties? If she could just do this forever, she figured it would be fine. But she would need to work with the Confederacy and actually be useful. How was she going to do that? Aside from psychometry, there wasn’t much she was good at.

She hadn’t seen Sindy yet, and she was trying to be friendly, but when she heard her name, she looked up. There was her very pretty friend! Finally, well, not like that, not that Mr Syphex was creeping her out… and maybe he was a little, but Token wouldn’t ever say that. It was really the dark robes, at the beach. She waved over to Sindy. “Would you mind excusing me for a moment, sir?” Always polite.

With that she ran over to Sindy, well, skipped… Frolicked if we’re being specific and hugged the other. Leaning up on her tip toes, she gave Sindy a kiss on the lips, something somewhere between a peck and ‘hey we’ve made out’, because really, the Corellian had zero shame. “Where have you been?”

@[member="Darth Naefas"] @[member="Siyndacha Aerin"]

Darth Naefas inclined his head when she gave her name. Token Waters. He thought to himself, he almost said the name aloud as if to confirm he heard right, and when she held her hand out, his own crimson hand shook hers gently. If he were to say out loud, it was quite the awkward conversation. Though to say so, would most probably make it even worse...For both parties.

"I joined the Confederacy quite recently." He said after their hand shake had been completed. "This place is fine." He said with the slightest movement of his shoulders that showed a shrug. "I do not frequent beaches." He said, and then he turned his head to look into the distance to see, @[member="Siyndacha Aerin"] yelling her friend's name as it happens. "Enjoy your time." He said the moment the always polite words left her mouth. And he turned to watch her embrace her friend. And then he looked about the area to the net-ball game in the distance, a curious sport.

@[member="Token Waters"]

"Please join! The more the marrier," she grinned as Phoebe tried to remember all the rules which she knew at the end of the day didn't matter but she still wanted to try and get it right. She knew at the end of the day thought it would be a lot of fun even if she couldn't exactly play the game. The point wasn't to win but to enjoy the party and the company.

@[member="CC-935 Bluejay"] @ Isley Verd

Calico simply shrugged. He figured the matter was handled, for now. He shoved his hands in his pockets, and gave Krest a quick look. "I'm going to scope out what kind of rig they have running here. Make sure Ven doesn't get eaten?" His gaze flickered over to Ven. You, enjoy yourself. Mingle, drink, whatever, I'll be back in an hour or two and we can take off."

He gave a short nod toward Canal, and went off toward the nearest military posting. He needed to see what they had set up.

@[member="Ven"] @[member="Krest"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"]

The Jedi led the way across the beach and over to the hut that had been erected to accommodate the various "beach toys" that the Dresselians would use. Tapping his chin upon arrival, he then reached out and selected a pink board to borrow and smirked. "Here you go, I bet you like this color." he said, giving her a playful wink. Then, taking her hand once more, he commented, "I suppose I could take you both to the Jedi Temple and show you around. It'd be a great experience for Isabella, y'know?" With that said, Josiah led the way back over to the water and began stepping within the cool waters, setting the board down atop the surf. "Alright, now try to balance. I'll kick up a teeny, tiny wave." he said.

@[member="Sophia Walsh"]

The Mandalorian counted it as an immense surprise that the tubby man could heave his weight into the air in order to give the ball a solid spike. However, Isley was used to the weight of beskar on his body day after day...if the drunkard could jump, Isley could jump even better. He raised his hands instinctively, bumping the Net-Ball off of the surface of his palms before launching himself into the air. Then, he spiked the volleyball down with a powerful slap, It sailed towards the ground on the opposing end of the net, where @[member="Norge Rucras"], @[member="Hayato"], and @[member="Alliera Nakamura"] were playing defense. Upon landing, Isley shot a glance to his wife and subordinate, giving a thumbs up. "Sure thing, Blue, you're on my team. Heads up you two, the ball's in play!"

@[member="CC-935 Bluejay"], @[member="Phoebe Verd"], @[member="Serian Loria"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom