Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Taste of Salt in the Air [CIS Dominion of Dressel]

Ven nodded slightly, tilting her head before looking at Krest, smiling a bit, "That is quite.. true. I do know how to take care of myself." She pats her blasters as they sat at her hips. She waved at Krest before turning to walk alongside Canal, keeping quiet, not entirely sure as to what she should say. She stuck her thumbs into her pockets, wiggling her nose, her mind a rush with thoughts of whats been happening, what might happen, mostly all around what her life and carreer entailed and where it might stand, and where it does stand.

@[member="CC-117 Canal"]
@[member="Krest"]

"Didn't see those,"Canal said as he saw the blasters on Ven, "and I dont doubt that you can take care of yourself." How should I start off. "You know you don't need anyone's permission to do something. I saw when you were looking at Krest. It's not gonna hurt him if you walk with me. Besides, you're an independent woman, you can make your own decisions without worrying about anyone else." A good start, hopefully. "So, why don't we begin knowing each other? I can tell you all about me and if you don't want to share, well I cant really do anything about."

@[member="Ven"]

Ven shakes her head, "Krest is like a brother to me. I've known him for years. And quite frankly, I dont quite know you. I tend to let people speak for themselves when it comes to me judging them and figuring out who they are, but Krest has a better judgement of people than I do." She glances at him, "And I trust his opinion and choices." The Falleen states, moving her hands behind her back, clasping them. "If you feel the need to give me your lifes story, go ahead." She blinks, cocking her head to the side.

@[member="CC-117 Canal"]

"I understand. It's like me and my brothers. We all know each other and trust one another." Maybe she'll see me in a different view. "Very well, then I'll give my bio to you," Here comes the big story that will probably bore her. "Obviously, I was born on Kamino, under the capsule CC-117 with my other brothers who were still in their little pod. They trained me every day, I followed orders but I don't follow orders from just somebody. I'll give you an example. I follow all orders that are commissioned by Calico, Colonel Isley, and other clones who are a higher ranking than me. But if someone like, Krest came in and gave me an order I wouldn't obey that order unless Calico assigned me to him. Even though I would be following Krest's orders I would still analyze it and make sure he wouldn't make an order that seemed stupid. Like, telling me to lead a platoon of clones to engage the enemy. I would come at him and say this, 'You haven't sent out a recon team to give us a view of what we are dealing with' or something else so that way I don't do something that I would regret that would affect everyone. Anyway, back to my bio. They trained me the basics that they gave to all clones. I suck at medical things. Heck, I had to cheat in order to pass that class, so whenever you're with me and you're wounded don't expect me to do some medical things cause you would hate me from that point. And while I was training I took interest in hand to hand combat and weaponry. Back on Kamino they looked at me closely and noticed that I highly excel in those fields. But one day when I was sparring with another clone, they noticed that I'm a..." he took a pause, not knowing what Ven would view on him, "a masochist. They all made fun and names for me. They called demon, monster, damned clone, a clone with no feelings or a heart since I loved pain and it didn't affect me. But I put fear in them. So, when I was done with my basic training they took me to an academy where only the best excel in hand to hand combat and weaponry. I was the best out of my class. I set the record in close quarter combat: 40-0. No one could stop me. I even sparred with the senior clones of that academy and I put them down even though they broke a couple of bones on me. But at the end I graduated and Colonel Isley and Calico taught me the ways of the Mandolorians and I accepted it with open arms. So, once I was done with my training I was fully set, they gave me my commando armor, said good luck we expect great things from you, and boom here I am with some battles that I have fought in. And that's it folks."

He looked at Ven and said, "So, I want to hear your judging on me and, if you could, your bio."

@[member="Ven"]

Ven thinks for a moment, making a popping sound with her lips as she thought, setting her arms across her chest, "Well. It's definitely different than anything I've ever heard. You and the Commander happen to be the only clones I know at all currently, and quite honestly, hearing someones life story is not something normal for me so.. its definitely different." She offered a kind smile before shaking her head, thinking carefully. 'Alright.. Ven. Words this carefully..' She thought to herself before jumping right in. "Well I grew up on Falleen, grew up with Krest actually, and lived there for 24 years. Normal life, nothing too fancy, but my parents wanted me to get into the family business, and so, in a sudden daring choice of getting out on my own, I left from right out under my parents noses and have been doing oddball, good paying jobs for the last two years. That's about it. I mean, its nothing special, but that's how life is sometimes." It also was a complete lie, and at this point, lying about her past was a complete and utter second nature to her, especailly given how it actually all went down back on Falleen.

@[member="CC-117 Canal"]

He looked back at her and returned the smile. "So you've known Krest for a long time. I have nothing against him but he has to follow orders whenever he's in a military campaign, op, or battle. Otherwise, he's gonna get into a lot of trouble later on." Canal still remembers his recent op on Nar Haaska. "Forgive me if I'm getting to personal but what type of family business was it. Wasn't there a princess that is assumed dead or what? Anyway, you proabaly did a great decision for yourself cause you were being forced to do something that you didn't want to do. And if that didn't happen you wouldn't have met me or Calico."

@[member="Ven"]

Ven glanced at Canal, tilting her head, before narrowing her eyes, "Watch it, Canal. Leave personal opinions out of this. I dont care what happened, as long as tensions are nulled." She turned to look ahead of her sighing. The Falleen wiggled her nose as she thought for a moment, merely faltering in her tracks when he mentioned the "princess". This was the second time this had been brought up to her; Ven was beginning to get worried about getting recognized.

"Ah... Princess? Sorry. I lived on the other side of the planet than the actual government. Away from the rest of the Falleen. I mean, I heard that the princess had died. An assassin, but I heard about it months after I had left; I left a half a year before she was assassinated." She blinked at Canal, having only a little difficulty at keeping her body from going tense and ridgid at the mention of her faked death back on Falleen. She cleared her throat, "That's asides, that has nothing to do with the idea of family business?" Ven pointed out, crossing her arms over her chest as her calm facade came back to her.

"Anyway.." she goes back to the topic of family business, "My parents made weapons." Lying again. "They wanted me to jump up to the plate and help them out but, I rather would have gone and explored the galaxy than build dozens of blaster pistols, so thats what I did. I left home, bought a ship and here I am now." She blinked, feeling like that was the worst coverstory ever but, hopefully it would work despite it all being complete and utter bantha fodder.

@[member="CC-117 Canal"]

"Don't worry. There is no tension bete Krest and I, unless he provokes it." He listened to her as she told him about the assassinated falleen princess. "I guess she had political enemies. I wonder if she was the last child of that royal family." He then put aside the fact of the princess and the royal family of Faleen. "Weapon shop. Hmm, that seems like a nice way to make a living since everyone has weapons these days, but at the same time its kinda boring to just do that. So, where have you been so far since you travel around the galaxy?"

As they were walking an idea came up to Canal. Should I ask her or not. He grabbed the neck collar of his shirt and swallowed. He felt nervous, scared since he never talked to a girl in depth. It was something that he wasn't trained to do. He even bought books that had theories, strategies, and rules that were all about relationships and dating. But, damn it they didn't help him at all. He swallowed in his fear, which was the first time he was ever scared of and said to Ven, in a nervous tone of voice, "So, do you like someone or are dating someone currently. Cause a pretty woman like you is sure enough to be at least looked at because of her beautiful appearance. But, I'm sure that there aren't any men that is your type do be your...b-b-boyfriend." He was sure that he would get slapped in the face or kicked in the balls for the things he just said to Ven.

@[member="Ven"]

Ven shrugged, "I've been all over, but not everywhere. I'd have to glance at my list of visited planets. It's slowly getting longer, though is still not quite close to reaching the length of my unvisited planet list." She frowns, "Most recently its been Bothuwai, Tatooine.. Um.." she wiggles her nose, thinking, her arms crossed over her chest. "Zenith Prime.. I think that's it as for the most recent places." she wasn't about to mention Nar Haaska, given it was all very.. Hush hush.

She glanced at him, perking a brow, "Are you trying to ask me out, Canal?" She stops, her lips pursed and her jaw set with her arms crossed over her chest still, tapping her foot in the sand. "That's sweet and I appreciate all of the compliments but I'm not looking for a relationship at the moment. I'm not ready to go further than friends. Not until I'm comfortable with my current carreer and life choices." It was true; the fact that her parents had tried to push her into a marriage made her want to stray from any sort of relationship that was further than a friendship, or something akin to close family. She didn't want to jump into a relationship so soon after running away from one. She needed more time.

"So no. I'm not in a relationship and I'm not looking for one right now either."

@[member="CC-117 Canal"]

Canal was an honest man, but he also lied but most of the time he told the truth. He didn't had any problem telling the truth to Ven. "Yes. I'm trying to ask you out, but it seems like I jumped far too early." He stopped and faced Ven, his arms were behind him, ready to answer back to Ven. "Well, just take your time. But I completely understand your position and I won't ask you out or come up with the same question that I just asked you until I feel it's the right moment. But whenever you're looking for a relationship make sure that you've explored all your options and make sure that the guy isn't one of those arrogant men with a lot of money. No, look for a man who has respect, who's honest, has dignity, and understands you and is open minded." He gave her a smile. "Sorry if I'm treating you like a little girl from that small lecture."

@[member="Ven"]

Nods, "You are treating me like a little girl, Canal." She turns to walk forward again, hands clasped behind her, "I am more than capable of finding myself someone with all the qualities I require. Thank you though." She nods to him, "And just because I'm not interested in a relationship doesnt mean being friends is out of the question. I'm always willing to go grab a drink or a caff at any time." She states, smiling slightly.

@[member="CC-117 Canal"]

Canal again walks forward, "I know you are capable for many things. And whenever you need advice or help in something just call me; however I think my services to you will be rarely called upon. But still Ill always be there for you if you need something from me, unless I'm dead." He looked back at her, "Friends. I've never had a friend except those who are in the Dread Guard. But, I think we can be friends and it'll probably be a strong friendship between you and me."

@[member="Ven"]

She blinks, nodding faintly, "Possibly. We'll see where it goes. As for right now we're just friends." She smiles faintly, scratching the back of her head before looking about, thinking, "How late is it..?" She inquires, glancing at Canal. She didn't want to stay out too late that night because she wanted to get elsewhere or get a kickstart on some job she'd been meaning to get to. She had no idea at that point, she just needed to figure out what she was going to do.

@[member="CC-117 Canal"]

"Sorry, don't know. But to my estimation it's probably 7 pm if you look at the sun." She must be busy, don't want her to loose her job. "Well, I think its time for me to go to. But you must be busy as well. It was nice meeting you Ven and do take. I hope to see you around." He didn't know what to do next, so instead he did a salute and off he went. He got his comm link out and called for Eagle, "Eagle, are you around here? Cause I think it's time for me to get off this rock." He was answered by Eagle who was still there since he attracted a lot of women to him. "Set a course to Commander Calico's flagship. I think that's your new station under my authorization."

They got out of the system and arrived shortly at Calico's flagship. After arriving there, Canal went to his personal quarters and took a rest. "Well, I wonder what else will bring me to my short life."

@[member="Ven"]

Ven nodded to him, "Great to meet you as well." She waved after him before beginning the trek back towards her ship, hoping Krest might still be standing there but either way she'd have to leave at some point. She wasn't quite sure what her plan was yet for that night, let alone for the next day. Today had been weird and the next days to come probably would be close to that as well. Guess she'd figure it out as she went.

@[member="Krest"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom