Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sith Council disbanded?!

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Darth Vornskr said:
Not at all, only two people in the Voices are people who were with the faction to begin with. The other two, including me, joined a month/month and a half after the One Sith started, and the final spot is still vacant.
Be that as it may it sounds more OOC political than based on any IC progression or promise.

I'd join, but I'm ambitious and I don't really like the NPC Dark Lord thing all that much. It just sounds like to me someone's setting up a story arch where they step in, stab the NPC Dark Lord in the back and say, "Oh yea. Dark Lords dead. I'm the Dark Lord now. Bow down, bitches."

Darth Vornskr said:
If anyone wants to try and take a go at the Dark Lord, they have to get through every Voice before they can.

Not many get to see the Dark Lord anyways.

Once more why I like the OS. All of the Voices would have to agree that x kills the Dark Lord. If you [member="Christian Slade"] become a Voice, you can prevent anyone from taking the mantle of the Dark Lord.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Krest said:
So weak they trusted a complete stranger who wouldn't speak and instead give off an absurd amount of emotions to cover his thoughts. Lolnope, dis guys OK, lets tell him, even though we no nothing about him or why he's here, that dis be the SC's home planet.

[member="Alexandra Cinthra"]
If that's in reference to Iscariot, I had my reservations about him leading to begin with because I knew full well what he was capable of OOCly and to be quite honest I expected this. It was the convincing of many others besides Iscariot that finally drew me into the faction.

[member="Christian Slade"]

More to the other three Lords who had the opportunity to look into Sicarius's mind. You not included though, sense all you did was get in a duel (Sorry we couldn't finish that), not training.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Krest said:
Once more why I like the OS. All of the Voices would have to agree that x kills the Dark Lord. If you [member="Christian Slade"] become a Voice, you can prevent anyone from taking the mantle of the Dark Lord.
Which is true, but why would I prevent anyone from killing the Dark Lord when it is my opinion that we don't need one and would grow more with a Council to govern our kind?

All this talk gets us nowhere.

I say we throw down the damn gauntlet, and have a Kaggath. You lose, you lose. You decline, you lose. All the losers fall in line with the winner. The Winner gets to lead the Sole major sith faction and get the title DLOTS.

Currently, I am attempting to formulate a system where the Sith are "governed" by a constant Tournement, that begins at acolyte level and moves them up the ranks based on how many people they can best. This way, it shows who is really active, who is really dedicated, and it also creates that awesome element of turmoil and purpose. However the "winner" doesn't become any Emperor, he is merely the Champion, and with that title he is given the ability to grant the wishes of lower ranks as he sees fit. If those wishes belong to some on else, the gifted has to fight for them. This system of the higher you are the more people you can help ascend would really template a meritocracy IC while at the same time creating a positive environment for people to grow and actualize their accomplishments. The Champion would be the in character "leader" of the faction, but he would be first among equals of some NPC that delegates his plans to be carried out by the strongest there is, religiously, and tactically.

For NFU's they get that flexibility they love so much about being an admiral or something, and they get the incentive of being the OOC leader, via an NFU vote of the lowest ranks (to create a greater incentive on the lower ranks, as they will vote on lots more than who is in charge). Additionally, I believe FU Acolytes should vote an approval of who is champion and what he does.

Then when all that is squared away, the whole faction elects a Moderator Admin that settles disputes between the two leaders.

I haven't figured it all out yet, and it may be too complicated and lacking a few crucial areas, but I think with this general idea I could try and work out an experiment with a few people to see if it would work. It would be a purely OOC faction to act as an official think tank of how best to make something truly grand and worthy of our dedication. Would anyone be willing to join me in lengthy experiment in the hopes of creating a more comprehensive and unified community of big baddies?

Krest said:
wwe-royal-rumble.png

Darth Kentarch said:

I say we throw down the damn gauntlet, and have a Kaggath. You lose, you lose. You decline, you lose. All the losers fall in line with the winner. The Winner gets to lead the Sole major sith faction and get the title DLOTS.
The folly with that is, no one is going to just fall in line with the winner, especially those who lost.

It's not that easy.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Darth Vornskr said:
Conflicting ambitions would lead to ruin, the Dark Lord is fully dedicated to the vision set forth by our forefather, Darth Krayt.

He is our shepherd, and keeps us on the path.
But who is the Dark Lord? Obviously an NPC can't write itself. So, is it you? Is it Shara? Hell it could even be Krest.

Regardless of there being an NPC Dark Lord, he's still a fixture. Someone's pulling the strings, right? So what's to keep someone from stepping in and claiming that role sometime in the future considering he's written by the Sith Lords of the faction anyway?

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Darth Kentarch said:

This would be just a god mod fest I'm certain, but it's more direct and to the point which I like.

Christian Slade said:
But who is the Dark Lord? Obviously an NPC can't write itself. So, is it you? Is it Shara? Hell it could even be Krest.

Regardless of there being an NPC Dark Lord, he's still a fixture. Someone's pulling the strings, right? So what's to keep someone from stepping in and claiming that role sometime in the future considering he's written by the Sith Lords of the faction anyway?
A multitude of people write the Dark Lord, all OOCly as well as ICly dedicated to what the One Sith stands for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom