Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Siege of Commenor [TSE/CSA]

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Equipment: Mariner IV
Allies: CSA and allies.
Enemies: The vermin...sith is just too nice a word for them. [member="Darth Scuros"]
Tagging: Jairdain

The Mariner IV's ramp was retracting as she made her way into the ship, after seeing everyone getting on board. The engines were revved up, blaring out any other sound around, when she suddenly out of nowhere felt someone jumping behind her.

Marina momentarily lost her footing as she felt that someone nearly right on top of her, as the ramp was still retracting into the ship.
"Eeek..." She could do nothing but scream, grabbing hold of the rail that was also retracting..her feet now dangling before being bragged by her forearm and pulled into her ship by the same person who had jumped her.

The ramp finished its cycle and the ship's door sealed shut. Marina scrambled to her feet, coming face to face with the woman she had seen in the distance engaging what she assumed was one of the vermin siths. But how in heaven's name had she reached the ship so fast? Not a moment ago she was-
Well, she was quite a distance away. It took a breath or two for her to compose herself whilst looking into her eyes. It was all she needed to know at this moment, for the moment was trully at hand and it could not be wasted with words. They had to get off the hell out of there.

"Come on...quickly!" Marina yelled, scrambling up to the upper deck ordering her droid to hit it.

She had to get up to her cockpit as fast as she could. Normally and on most occasions, she would be the one to take off and fly the Mariner IV and her droid assisting with the navigation and system functions. Sure her droid could pilot the ship, but she somehow always seemed to have an edge over it somehow. This escape called for her to be right up in front.
As many people and children were about, clinging to something solid and their mothers, Marina managed to get through them, repeating for everyone to keep holding on tight.
What she just experienced with the woman making it to her ship the minute she turned, only meant that whomever the woman had been warding off couldn't be that far away either. It was obvious the woman was a force user. Only a force user could go up against a sith...as far as Marina knew.

The Mariner shifted and rocked as it pulled away from the planet's gravity hold on it. It's drives skyrocketed it up into the atmosphere as everyone held on feeling the g-forces despite the compensators. For sure her droid had punched it hard...maybe too hard. Then again, she had always been buckled up in her pilot's chair. Now she was struggling against eddy g-forces that escaped the ship's compensators. They were minute, but still quite impeding for someone trying to rush up into the cockpit.

Marina could see the white of the clouds the Mariner IV was pushing itself up through as she entered the cockpit , grabbing hold of her chair and managing to slip in. It was an instant relief, feeling the back of her chair taking the weight of her torso. She quickly buckled up and took over the controls, just in time for the atmosphere to thin out and come to face upon the stars.
The Mariner rolled over as she continued to accelerate, putting Commenor overhead, giving her a better angle at what looked like a chink in the blockade. Although it certainly appeared less concentrated as when she had first come planet side.

A moment was finally granted for Marina to look over to her right. The woman who had jumped on board her ship at the last minute was standing there next to her, firm grip on her chair. The g-forces had all been leveled out. But before Marina could speak to the woman..
be de beep be.. her droid announced that they had not only cleared the blockade, but currently no one was in pursuit.

Marina let out her first sigh of relief, as it had been intense ever since they had dropped into Commenor system.
"Whew...thank God..." She said before instructing her droid to seek out a good calculation to a safe haven for the refugees they just rescued.

"You were fighting that...that sith out there." Marina then finally turned to the woman, refraining from calling those vermin what she had in mind of really calling them.
"You saved all these folk... you gave them all a chance..." Obviously.

"My name's Marina..." She held out her hand.

[member="Jairdain"]

Watching her daughter skip into the arms of the Dark Lord of the Sith became the most horrific moment of Yasha’s young life. Her heart and spine shrilled, rib cage crushing under the weight of the discovery that her beloved nanny and step-mother [member="Baiko no Kaho"] was destroyed. Dead... all to what?

Staunch the flow of some mystic poison in a little girl’s veins? How was this happening? How could Beth get captured in a war zone after running from Sabarene, [member="Lady Kay"] get taken in war, her planet invaded and Alliance felled, and Yasha’s beloved mother killed... in one swoop?
The Emperor’s hand stroked Adara’s back as a comforting father, tender and blessed.

And there was Adara, sweetly crooning and gentle smiles as she sat in the maw of the monstrous midnight lord. Breath invaded and repelled from Yasha’s nostrils faster than Yasha could control. Garbled through the audio processors of her buy’ce, the sound carried as a series of low, wrathful growls.

She saw nothing but targets.

Why would Baiko steal Adara to a death trap and take Beth and Achani with them? Why would Beth run away and come not to Mandalore, but to Commenor? Was this a further trick between Baiko and [member="Lady Kay"]? Something to push Yasha into a war? But… no.

No that wasn’t Kay. That wasn’t Baiko… the words of [member="Shia Kryze"] returned to Yasha’s consciousness: Adara was a being of the Dark, and something terribly wrong lived within her… yet there she was, Yasha’s precious daughter, all that remained of the deceased [member="Kaden Mantis"]. Adara soaked up the affection of the Dark Lord, she smiled and charmed rooms with her cheer.

Below them, Commenor was burning. Friends, family and allies were being taken prisoner, and the Lord of Lies let loose a devastating series of corporeal and philosophical blows.

The family Yasha built was the cornerstone of her daughter’s near-death. In the act of stealing Adara to Sabarene, Baiko broke what faith and trust the Hell Wolf had. Here they were, two monsters who felt a deeper anger in saving a little girl, than they did killing millions with the push of AQUILA’s trigger. They were terrors of eternal damnation, Prazutis and Carnifex. Uncle and Nephew. Lord and Emperor of Truths masquerading as Lies.

As the wolf helm peered up at [member="Alvarex Zambrano"]’s father, Yasha’s world crumbled in a twisted series of shales tumbling into a raucous, acidic sea.

“Yay lirvyik pi' koybudil, qessik pi' paduil, lihyrik da bezi pi pi' kihiodik oymd, kirdlai'ik o vedi' em vuevu pi' Piansi uok uaskembr, omk oli qiinemb pi' iskird em vamdipnd?! Beth vayskm’d qmav dui helrd duemb ah Sabarene al vylodezi pi'rdev di'kutise. Byd Baiko... (You rescued my daughter, killed my mother, refused to give me my defeated aunt, destroyed a city in which my People had holdings, and are keeping my eldest in contempt?! Beth wouldn’t know the first thing of Sabarene or curative mystic di’kutise. But Baiko...)” Yasha’s roaring voice caught, fragmenting into growls. Beth’s ears fully back, Yasha imagined her daughter was well beyond fear.

“Baiko.” And it made sense, finally, in this shuddering recall. The whispers of Baiko, the respect paid her, the growls from [member="Ambrose Mantis"] and the other gurlanin Yalilyr. The way [member="Gray Raxis"] was able to move round her in a room. The way she seemed capable of being exactly where she was needed most. Even her silence. Even the way she attempted to leave Mandalore… the way she despised Ra.

Baiko xidloi'ik pi. (Baiko betrayed me.)” A grunt burst from Yasha’s helm as Carnifex and Prazutis’ words sunk and settled in the dying throes of Yasha’s one point of innocence. Baiko no Kaho… her mother’s servant. Her caretaker and friend. The one constant point in her star chart…
… hid in plain sight, until the point where her attempts to take Adara from the Infernal killed her.

Steps were taken roughly to [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"]’ side, a gauntlet-clad hand jerking upon her armoured bicep and wrenching the girl away from the guards. Walking with Beth back toward Kaine’s dais, Yasha’s grip held so firm in the back of her mind she wondered if she bent the metal of her daughter’s armour.

“You will explain how you allowed someone to do harm to your sister in detail, Bethany… and you will meet my wrath harshly.” The growl-snap of Yasha’s auditorily distorted voice. The wolf helm descended, menacing and inhumane. A whisper too subtle for any but Beth to hear peppered from behind the mask, unfiltered by the audio processors in her helm. “Ni kir’manir gar. (I gave you a soul.)

The breastplate of the Infernal’s armour heaved as she stood in the accursed throne room, holding her child’s arm.

I vess xi doqemb pi' koybudilr uapi, ohdil riiemb Kay er viss dliodik. Beth vess liviezi Momkosaleom gyrdevi.Tuomq i'ay hal rozemb pi' vi'ol’eqo, Kaine… A paduil hal o ram. Tui xsaak kixd er linoek... Gezi Alvarex pi' sezi. (I will be taking my daughters home, after seeing Kay is well treated. Beth will receive Mandalorian justice. Thank you for saving my cyar’ika, Kaine… A mother for a son. The blood debt is repaid... Give Alvarex my love.)” Yasha choked after the words left her buy’ce, projecting as yet another growl. The scales of death had balanced at long last, and as the weight of Sabarene pressed upon her noble shoulders, Yasha reached her free hand for her beloved little girl.

“Come here, c’yare. Show Buir your picture.” Yasha called to the throne, where her child cuddled herself up on Kaine Zambrano’s knee, and was currently wrapping part of his voluptuous robes around her shoulders. “Adara! Come to Buir my love. I want to see it, and your dress, did Ba'buir's attendant give it to you? Have you said thank you to Ba'buir and Ba'vodu?”

[member="Darth Prazutis"] [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] [member="Adara Raxis"]

Allies: CSA, their allies and [member="Marina DeVoe"]
Enemies: None
Objective: Escape

Once both of them were securely on Marina's ship, Jairdain would follow the woman captain to the bridge of her ship. It might be felt by the refugees on board, but there was a calming feeling and sensation coming off of the Master. It had been many years since she had accepted the mark of a sith on her, but when she had done that, whenever she called upon him, this calming feeling came off her. [member="Soeht"]

The stress of the situation was still present, but the calming quieted the children and relaxed the elders. Jairdain maintained this calmness herself as they walked through the ship. She was glad she had followed her intuition in telling these people to board the ship. It rarely lead her wrong and now she stood on the bridge with Marina.

"I held him off long enough to gets these people aboard your ship. Thank you for arriving when you did. Not sure they would have escaped if you hadn't."

When a name was given, ​Jairdain nodded and held a hand out to return the shake offered. Her other she placed over her heart slightly.

"Jairdain Ismet."

No other information was provided as to who she was or what she meant to Commenor.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Equipment: Mariner IV
Allies: CSA and allies.
Enemies: The vermin...sith is just too nice a word for them.
Tagging: Jairdain

"Jairdain Ismet..." She repeated the woman's name, one she surely would never forget.
Marina simply nodded, as their hands departed, momentarily lost for words.

be de beep beep...her droid announced they were in line for a good jump.

"Take it, TK..." She replied, before the stars streaked past.

"Whew.." Marina was coming out of an adrenaline rush...one which had peaked several times during her courtship with those TIE drone fighters, not to mention the narrow escape they all just went through. As such and for reasons unknown to her, she was feeling a sort of euphoria. Another sort of heightened sensation when one accomplished the impossible. But whatever it was, it was welcomed.

It took a moment before she broke through the cloud and realized what these people had gone through required for her to attend to those injured or needing of assistance...even water..food, for marina didn't know how long they had to endure burrowing in shelters. The sith had been reported to attack without warning..typical of such lice.

"Uhm.... provisions!..." She stammered at first, as she got back to the right train of thoughts, as her father had taught her in situations like these. And this wasn't the first rescue of civilians from the grip of the sith either...she had done the same for her own people on Alderaan.

"Food, water..I have stores in the ship." She pointed out of from the cockpit.
"Oh...and a medical bay too. "

Naturally, formal introductions would take a back seat, for there were many on board who had not only witnessed atrocities, but lost loved ones. Those here had barely escaped the initial attacks from the air. Bombardments to so many defenseless communities. It was all to disrupt any form of civil security, to create planet wide panic and disorganization of forming civil defenses and militias. But that rarely worked as the sith planned. And as much unrest as they caused, the more the people would unite and stand for one another. Loosing a home was of little consequence. Not many intelligent people would fight for dirt. But they would fight for blood. As such, many of the men from communities that had been attacked did go and seek the means of fighting. And they fought to save their families..their people.

What Marina and Jairdain had saved were the families of those who went to fight in the front lines for them, and for those who could not fight. It was their duty now (Marina and Jairdain) to make certain that the sacrifices of those whom gave their life to save their families would not have been in vain.

As the Mariner IV sped through hyperspace to make its way to a safe haven, both Marina and Jairdain tended to those in need. And those who were able, also helped one another. So it was with people of good heart and conscious. It was something the sith cared little or knew nothing about, than to see it as weakness. But this was the strength that bound the galaxy together. Something the sith could never extinguish...

[member="Jairdain"]

Beth stood as she stared towards the Dark Lord and the Lord of Lies. She couldn't really understand why anybody would trust someone with such a title - wouldn't that immediately make someone go 'hey, wait a second here' and question the motivations behind him? She could only hope that [member="Yasha Mantis"] would be able to see through the Sith's manipulations. Surely, her mother would know that Beth would never do anything to intentionally hurt Adara? Or that Baiko would not do the same? Her memory flooded back to what Baiko called Yasha... She took a deep breathe or at least tried too.

The elven girl stared mostly at [member="darth prazutis"]. He had been the most vocal towards her so far and he wasn't as terrifying as the Dark Lord himself. Beth wasn't slightly fluent in Epicant, but she could usually decipher the meaning behinds a lot of the words spoken. She may miss key context, but she could at least piece together some of the words. Betrayal. Mother and daughter. Kill. Ran. And... Destroyed. Did... No, she couldn't be. Baiko and her weren't going to kill Adara! Trying to find a way to give her the choice of light or dark seemed like an appropriate thing to do. Beth's mind remembered the pain that Adara had been in though. Could it have hurt her in a more serious manner? Beth couldn't believe that the light would do such a thing.

Yet, here she stood accused of attempting to murder her sister with their grandmother, of all things.

"I would have stayed and fought if I..." Her voice slowly trailed. How could she have justified leaving, even if Baiko ordered her to? She should have stayed, she should have fought. She could have given Achani, who still hid in Baiko's ship, to the crew and sent them on their way. She could have maybe helped Baiko. Did she do the right thing? She left... Leaving her sister and her grandmother. Beth's long, pointed ears fell in defeat - instead of showing defensive, they showed depression as her mind was lost in thought of how all of this had happened.

But then, she saw [member="Adara Raxis"] run into the room and... Jump on [member="Darth Carnifex"]'s knee. Beth only stared n bewilderment. Is this what Yasha did when she went to Bastion? Allowed Adara to cozy with the Dark Lord and call Prazutis her Uncle? Were their families really on those close of terms? It didn't' seem that way most of the time, but she knew that the Zambrano's did help Adara. Beth did the smallest hand motion of a wave to her little sister, unsure of really what to say or do. But, Darth Carnifex spoke before she could really think of some type of response to her merry sister. Beth's glare turned to Carnifex as he, again, accused Baiko and her of attempted murder on a 6-year-old girl. She had fallen from a couch, it was not Beth or Baiko's fault! They hadn't even gotten to the healing part...

"So I cut her in two."

Beth clenched her fists as she heard the words. There was too much darkness, the aurora of fear, and just too many souls destroyed and eviscerated for her to sense Baiko through the Force. It was only the Dark. "No..." She said quietly as small tears began to escape from her eyes. Beth's chest continued to restrict, as less and less air could be taken in as she thought about the short time she was able to be with her grandmother. Was this pain worth ever being found from Mygeeto? Beth's tear glazed eyes turned to Prazutis. There was so much hatred coming just from him, let alone the Dark Lord. She knew they were monsters, but she had never been directly affected by them until now. They accused her and Baiko of murder, they capture her through Mandalorian Killers, they kill her Gramma... How could so many terrible things happen in such little time?

Beth didn't notice Yasha come over and grip her beskar'gam. The girl was too dazed, unable to fully breathe, the adrenaline that kept her going was fading into a depression, and she felt... Nauseous. Sick. Lightheaded. The Eldorai in her blood did not do well to physical stresses and she was beginning to feel her weakness hit her hard. She followed with Yasha as her armor bent with Yasha's touch. She winced at the harshness in her words. How could she explain? Beth's small tears began to accelerate even more. But Yasha whispered in her ear and, despite the darkness, there was a little bit of theoretical light that snuck through. She gave a little nod as she sniffled, although she said nothing.

She leaned against her mother at this point, partially out of comfort, partially out of the long, emotional drain the situation that had happened. "Mom... I feel like I can't... Breath," she said quietly between small, quiet gasps as she rested her head on Yashas armor. The fear, Prazutis robes, the death of millions and her grandmother, the accused of murder, it was just too much for a 16-year-old. Would she be able to leave? Were the Sith willing to let Beth go home with Yasha, despite what they accused her of?

Captain Vincent Gara stood at the communication console of the Myrmadinas, along with several communication officers. Beth Australis-Mantis was technically in charge due to their hasty escape from Sabarene - albeit barely, and in truth without Captain Gara's help, they would have never made it out alive. It was... Strange, really, that he had even gone along with the naive teenager's crazy plan to get off Sabarene and make it to Commenor. Why not Mandalore? He knew why when he saw the karkin' Sith armada around the planet!

But, they did get off the initial planet and were relatively safe now, despite the Sith presence. It had been several hours by now, though, and there was no sign of Beth. She was not answering her comms, and with the destruction of the city on Commenor the crew was getting ancy. They needed out. Out as soon as possible. Vincent glanced towards the 6-year-old girl who was curled up in a corner cuddling her favorite stuffed creature. He sighed as he turned back to the comms. He had sent out a distress signal only a little bit before but no one would hail them back.

Until now. Cynthia Solus of Clan Solus. "Su cuy'gar, Alor Solus. Good to hear someone's out looking for us." the Captain replied back. "Sending coordinates to you now. Please advise we're in Chasin City on Commenor - We have the Mand'alors sister, Achani Raxis, on the ship. Beth is MIA and Baiko no Kaho is also MIA on Sabarene. Please advise on helping get us out of here."

[member="Cynthia Solus"]

Sebastian Thel

S
Allies: [member="Matsu Xiangu"], [member="Belphaegor"], [member="Adrian Vandiir"], [member="Khonsu Amon"], [member="Enyo Typhos"], [member="Xevek Rakama"], [member="Heca Foliou"]
Enemies: [member="Loreena Arenais"], [member="Saka Amara"], [member="Charlie Nooran"], [member="Jyoti Nooran"], [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

As the transmission to Loreena terminated, Sebastian stared icily at the code rolling down the screen. Leaning backwards in a moment of distraction, he pondered the manner in which war tested the morality of ordinary citizens. He sat with his back perfectly straight, his emotions unmoved beneath his soft features. With a few taps, he relayed the message he had sent to Vexen to Section 13. In no time, the agent responded with a message containing Loreena's most recent coordinates. The agents at S-13 had preformed well and Sebastian commended them for their hard work.

Quickly decrypting the message, he received the coordinates and entered them into the database of the Commenori security network. The view of the camera transitioned to a different and sure enough, caught Loreena in the shot. He zoomed in on the image and preformed a scan of the image, which he uploaded to the database. The network sifted through names of citizens before bringing up a window containing Loreen's profile. When the profile confirmed her identity, he sent a copy, along with the map tracing her coordinates to Matsu and the team in the sewers.

"Lady Xiangu, Belphaegor, Khonsu, I've intercepted a transmission from Loreena Arenais." Holding the mouthpiece to his lips, he spoke to the group through the comms and relayed the footage of Loreena. "It's her alright, I sliced the security system and got her picture, as well as her citizen information." As he typed, Sebastian sent the information to the communication equipment of Section 13. Switching between terminals, he reviewed the information containing Loreena's location. He linked her coordinates to the navigation computer and configured a tracking signal to follow her, which he uploaded to the equipment of Section 13.

"I've uploaded a tracking signal to the equipment of Section 13, but I'll continue to keep you updated as we follow her." Sebastian said into the mouthpiece. The signal on the map continued to flash as Loreena moved. With her channel still open on the network, segments of her message continued to flood Sebastian's earpieces. He caught a trace of her last message and felt his chest tighten, only fearing what would happen to him if the Sith found out that they knew one another. Clenching his hand into a fist, he dug his nails into his palms and opened the channel.

"Loreena, it's Sebastian." He leaned towards the terminal as he held the mouthpiece to his lips. They had met only once, when he had traveled to Commenor during his first year of university. While the time he had spent with had been enjoyable, Sebastian was not a person who became easily attached. "I'm monitoring the comms from an Imperial base. You need to surrender when our forces try and capture you, otherwise you'll be hurt." Sebastian spoke in a soft tone. He only hoped his gentle words had worked for the best.

The message terminated and Sebastian opened up the channel to Matsu. As he monitored their positions through the cameras, he saw the distance between the group and the manhole disperse. "Access point reached, prepare to breach." He relayed to Matsu. The group made their way through the manhole and Sebastian swerved back to the window displaying the map. "Target within proximity." As he spoke into the mouthpiece, he calculated the distance between the manhole and the generator, as well as the amount of time the group would have to reach the target.

"Calculating time required to reach generator, you have exactly seven minutes." Relating the milliseconds to the distance, Sebastian analyzed the logistics in his head as he watched the team move. Switching the footage from the security cameras to the base of the generator, he picked up on a convoy of Commenori vehicles, with soldiers standing in the front. "Commenori forces approaching, prepare for combat." While the team prepared to deal with the enemy forces, Sebastian set to work dissecting the design of the generator.

"Deal with the soldiers while I locate the power core." He held the mouthpiece and spoke. The message relayed to the leaders of the Imperial forces. He swerved to the window displaying the data from the Commenori security network and accessed his false address. Disassembling the backlog of code, he pulled apart the account and deleted his history to avoid the network tracing him back to Imperial intelligence. Wiping the software, he erased the account completely and exited the network.

Relaying a key to agents operating within Commenor engineering, Sebastian requested a detailed blueprint of the shield generator, along with algorithms of the machine's functions. The window beeped with an alert and the agent stationed in the center sent the maps through. With a few taps, Sebastian sent back a message saying "thank you." Selecting several zones of the design, he zoomed in on the crevices and tried to locate the most efficient insertion points. Sensors indicated overheating in the battery, meaning that the machine used up large amounts of energy in a short amount of time.

"I've just received a blueprint of the generator from one our agents operating within Commenor Engineering." Sebastian said to Matsu, along with the others who had just exited out of the manhole. "Analyzing for insertion points and weaknesses in the design." He said as he marked the power core with a signal. He traced a route leading from the position of the team to the power core and pinpointed the most vulnerable areas. "The generator uses large amounts of energy very quickly, so it's susceptible to overheating." He affirmed.

"There are two options here." He spoke into the mouthpiece. "You can either place explosives on the vulnerable areas via the route which I have marked, or cause the generator to overheat at a rapid pace." Squinting at algorithms, Sebastian maneuvered the window across the route which he had mapped. He muttered calculations beneath his breath and determined the necessary amount of power needed to overheat the generator in the short amount of time. "Sending blueprints through now." He said as he transferred the map to the equipment of Matsu and the group.

Anden Fancelo

Sith Trenchline, Commenor
Objective: Take Commenori LT to Vestille.
Allies: TSE | [member="Vestille Thumahra"]
Enemies: CSA | [member="Lauri Törni"]
The Lieutenant nodded as he was given the name of the Commenori Lieutenant. They eventually reached the entrance of the command bunker within the trenchline Fancelo rolling his shoulders back slightly as he glanced over to the squadmates behind him. He spoke.

"Everyone but Maxevan, head back to the front of this trenchline and hold there." He then looked over to Maxevan. "You're in charge of keeping Lieutenant Törni secured. Make sure he only speaks when spoken to." He then looked at Lauri. "Got it?"

It was a question meant for both of them. Regardless of Lauri's response. Whether it'd be in silence, or words of resistance or acknowledgement. Maxevan acknowledged the order with a nod. Then Fancelo proceeded in, and Maxevan would guide Lauri inside. Once they made it inside to the room, Fancelo would gesture towards Lauri. "Sir, this was the man in charge of the enemy trench. Lieutenant Lauri Törni. As you requested. We've also captured several other prisoners from the trench."

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay took in a deep breath and let it out slowly before she lifted her head. How long was she going to be stuck here? Given her new attire, she suspected that it would be for quite a while. [member="Darth Carnifex"] wasn't planning on giving her over to [member="Yasha Mantis"] either like her niece had requested. Only a meeting would be scheduled. That didn't bode well for her. Would she be put in the custody of her former Master [member="Darth Prazutis"] again? She hoped not. But despite what would happen, she hoped to clip him in the jaw with a sudden punch. It'd be a small attack of course, but it'd be enough to express her point.

She got up from the bed and walked over to the desk housed in her cell. Books and texts lined a small shelf, so she pulled one out and read the summary. "The greatness of Imperialism over democracy? Really?..." Kay shook her head and looked to the other books on the shelf, each one Imperial in nature, each one glorifying the structure and oppression that Carnifex had put in place. She slammed the books down onto the desk one by one, the sounds echoing in the cell. She wanted to make a mess of everything and create a ruckus, but decided against it.

These specific texts were put there for a reason. It wasn't just random. Kay sat down in a huff and opened up the book on the Imperial government structure. If she was going to have a lot of time on her hands, it was better to put it to good use. She needed to learn more about her enemies and their way of thinking. She needed to learn how they operated. She needed to know how to survive as a political prisoner so that she can fight from within.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] , [member="Caedyn Arenais"] , [member="Loreena Arenais"] , [member="Darlyn Excron"] , [member="Darben Skirae"] and others were still out there. They wouldn't give up. They'd fight to gain the freedom of Commenor and hers as well. She needed to do what she could from the inside. And that could take a while. Just so long as her family was safe and free, the liberation of Commenor was possible.

And that was a hope that she would forever cling to.

Vestille Thumahra

Command Post, Sith Trenchline, Commenor
Friendly Assets: [member="Anden Fancelo"]
Opposing Force: [member="Lauri Törni"]
Lieutenant Fancelo arrived and delivered the news. The enemy commander had been captured.

Colonel Thumahra had since been watching the tactical map and listening in for the updates that had been relayed through Imperial communications; from what it had seemed like, fighting was still present upon the surface of Commenor albeit with less enemy resistance since the Legion had first made planet-fall. Speculations had been made and sent along the chain, the main theory that the Queen of Commenor herself had been captured and was now rotting in a cell awaiting judgement or deployment in the Emperor's great plan for the once great capital of the Commenor Systems Alliance. Whatever the case, Vestille would keep the 12th dug in and prepared in the event that any other orders were passed to him regarding a final assault upon the city before them. With one already having been obliterated without as much of a sweat with the result of millions dead, it was no doubt that Commenori morale was fleeting at the very least, if not entirely broken with a few pockets offering some light resistance. It didn't matter, at least to Vestille for he knew that it was simply a matter of time before the pockets of resistance were either overwhelmed or simply lost their will to fight; many a time he had witnessed those with their backs against the wall fight until their last breath but this? The Commenori didn't strike him as the type to fight to the death, as if they had something to live for.

Still, at that moment in time, Vestille had prisoners of war; a useful tool in bringing those stubborn enough to put up a fight realize how fruitless their attempts are. A well organized panic or surrender in one or two squads can spread like a plague to which the rest would follow suit, at least that was the ideal outcome. In truth, certainty was a concept one should never come to expect on the battlefield; an attempt of forced surrender might result in a second wind of resolve and a desire to fight harder or till the last breath of the final soldier. It was unpredictability which kept the Colonel prepared for either eventuality; either the mass surrender and processing that'd follow shortly after or the final encirclement of the remaining enemy forces and squeezing them akin to a snake coiled around its prey until nothing remained. As Lieutenant Fancelo entered the Command Post, the enemy commander in tow, Vestille gave only a nod; "Thank you, Lieutenant. That'll be all."

A curt dismissal, clearly there was business to conduct between the Colonel and the Lieutenant who had put up the valiant defense.

His helmeted gaze remained entirely on the present prisoner.

"Lieutenant Törni, I am Colonel Thumahra. I'll skip the formalities and get straight to the point. I'm here to offer you a choice, one that will either make the following days easier or more difficult depending on your choice." he gestured to a communication that he had laid upon the tactical map to which he slid ever closer with his index finger; "Your days as a Commenori are over, your planet and its identity will no doubt be swallowed up and occupied by the Sith Empire. Your role and your choice for your future is as follows; provide us with the Commenroi frequency and make contact with your superiors and subordinates that they are to surrender or else you and everyone under your command will be put to the sword." the words were stern, entirely serious and perhaps even unnerving that he was suggested that he would slaughter every single prisoner of war now in his care without even batting an eyelid but this was all intentional; psychological warfare at play.

"I doubt I need to go on. The choice for you and your comrades, Lieutenant Törni, is ultimately yours."

Doyle

D
Einon was and always had been loyal to Commenor. It had been his job through the years to keep the planet's leaders and their families safe. But he was only one person. And the Arenais family didn't make the job easy for him.

He stood at the railing inside of the bunkers, leaning on his hands while he overlooked the many stories and landings beneath him. In his mind he repeated the broadcasted message of Queen Kay Arenais surrendering Commenor and it's citizens to the Sith Empire. Given that she was in some kind of harness that bound her, it was easy to assume that she had blasters aimed at her head as well. Still, he couldn't believe what he had heard.

The rumbles caused by the bombardment on the city's shields, as well as the destruction of Munto City still weighed heavily on everyone's minds. None could recall such devastation having ever occured in their lives, so it was difficult to gage how best to react.

Needless to say, there were hundreds of thousands down below that needed to be protected. Whether that was in the Empire's hands or not remained to be seen.

Could they remain in the bunkers? Of course they could. But no longer than a few standard months. And by that time the Empire was sure to break in through their defences.

Their Queen had surrendered her people, and so they must do the same. Orders were orders. Despite his disagreements with them, it was his job to obey.

Fiddling with his commlink, he tapped into the frequency that connected him to the underground bunker's P.A. system. ~Attention citizens of Chasin City. This is Einon, Head of Security.~ His voice echoed through the bunkers, the stairwells and the tunnels. ~As most of you know, our Queen has...in her wisdom...surrendered us to the Sith Empire to ensure our survival.
Some of you may not agree with her decision and I respect that. We all do. But for now it is best to do what her Majesty requests of us. We are of no help to Commenor if we are dead. It is time to leave our shelter, with our arms bare and visible. All military will be taken into custody.
Everyone else might be allowed to go home. Difficult times lay ahead, ladies and gentlemen. But there is hope for us yet. Commenor survives. Let's show the Sith Empire that there is truth to that. Everyone out of the bunkers, single file. I'll lead the way.~

Einon was normally a man of very few words. So it was rather odd to him to rattle off like that in some sort of speech. But it needed to be said. He shut off his commlink and watched as the citizenry as they began to head out onto the stairwell and begin the climb up. It was not going to be easy for either of them. He squinted his eyes for a moment as he studied how the people moved, watching their gait and how they carried themselves. Most appeared dejected and beaten, quite unsure with what was to come, as they should be. It was normal.

Without a word Einon led them through the tunnels that would take them to the surface, the only sound heard being their footfalls. It took some time, but soon they were outside in the darkened streets. He unholstered his blaster and held it by the barrel in his left hand, holding both hands in the air. He took in a deep breath and then yelled for any Empire soldiers to hear.

"HOLD YOUR FIRE! WE ARE MOSTLY CIVILIANS SURRENDERING OURSELVES BY THE ORDER OF OUR QUEEN!
THOSE OF US THAT ARE ARMED ARE CARRYING OUR WEAPONS WITH THE SAFETYS ON FOR YOU TO TAKE! SO HOLD YOUR FIRE! WE ARE COMING OUT!"

Hopefully this would work and that they'd live to fight another day.

[member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Darth Prazutis"] [member="Khonsu Amon"]

Tomad:[member="Chiara Viren"] | [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] | [member="Adara Raxis"] | [member="Baiko no Kaho"] | [member="Achani Raxis"]
Aru'ela: [member="Darth Carnifex"]

Flames engulfed the hull of the ship as it began it's re-entry to the world making the underbelly and nose of the craft turn red hot. The commotion planet side had allowed her and the aliit to slip past through the sith fleets with ease. A sense of relief washed over Cynthia once they made contact. "I read you Myrmadinas. Coordinates received." Cynthia said. The atmospheric wings of her ship would extend outwards once the ship had slowed enough to use air brakes. "Don't worry everyone. We will take care of you first, especially since a kid aboard. Do you plan to fly out of there or would you prefer pick up?" She asked to work out a plan of action.

Black rolling clouds of smoke rose up high into the sky from building reduced to rubble or at least struck. Walkways was covered in scorch mark and creators. Commoner had become a war zone. This only further made her case that the monsters couldn't be trusted. It was no hidden secret that she detested the sith and their sympathisers. "Rava, Corl. Hiibir dayn an darjetii me'sen o'r cuun path, Koperar at kyr'amurl." (take out all sith starship in our path, shoot to kill.)

[SIZE=11.6667px]"Elek alor."[/SIZE]
"bat bic"

Rage,Rage Against The Dying Of The Light.
Allies: TSE and Allies
Enemies: Anyone who isn't TSE or an ally. [member="Einon"]

Ithnan continues through the chaotic streets as citizens were both being arrested and fleeing in varying directions. It was this sort of disorder that made full occupation tedious and expensive. Having millions of people on the edge only led to violence and unnecessary troubles. He could see it now as Sith Troopers fought to restrain soldiers and procure makeshift weapons from those who thought a rock would be enough to save them when facing down the barrel of a blaster.

He ignored all of this though. Despite the queen's surrender, he couldn't be sure the generator would fall from those "good guys" who felt like sticking their nose where it didn't belong. It seemed meddling was a part of the Jedi code. That one from the tunnels couldn't have been too far and reports from earlier confirmed others were helping. Though with the queen's surrender they might've been scrambling to save their own skin, a sight he wanted to see.

"How much further? I can't see it through all this mess." He tried to speak over the shouting and panic.

"Not much longer w-" A soldier started.

"All Troopers within Sector 5 are to head for the designated location. Rebels are held up in a fortified bunker and need to be flushed out."

Ithnan stopped to inquire at the Troopers sudden stop when his question was answered.

"We've been told to head for the bunker. Rebels are hiding out."

Ithnan sucked his teeth with distaste as he was tired of being thrown around all over the place. The bunker though was a much clearer target. It was a large metal structure that would need more than a few personnel to clear out. Even with all the high buildings and smoke, the bunker was clear as day. His distaste slowly changed to a mellow calm. It wasn't as grand a feat as taking down the generator but he didn't join the army to be a hero. If this is where he was needed then so be it.

"Then it looks like we're heading for the bunker." He spoke much quieter.

With small nods, the trio began their relocation to the nearest bunker entrance. It wasn't a hard find as they weren't the only ones heading toward it. Based on their intel the bunker had many ways of entry and was quite the fortress in its own right. Both surrounding the bunker would take time along with restraining and reorganizing the rebels within. By the time they arrived, it seemed the "battle" was already one as people marched out surrendering.

Ithnan's marched screeched to a halt when a man spoke out to the small mass of soldiers watching the entrance. He was holding a weapon up in the air. It seemed the Queen did have some sway over her people's mind if she could convince them to come out of a fortified position. He could respect that, her control over the masses.
"Place your weapon on the ground and keep your hands within eyesight," Ithnan ordered as other troopers started to approach asking the same of anyone holding a weapon.

He waved over one of the troopers that had been with him to help cuff the man as he had no restraints available. Slowly he approached being wary that someone would be crazy enough to fire in hopes of dying "a warrior death" or something foolish along those lines.

Doyle

D
tumblr_npxzqqhMPo1qf9xz0o3_400.gif

Einon looked to some of his fellow Commenori as the orders were given for them to put their weapons on the ground. He nodded to them, letting them know to follow the orders given before he licked his lips and sized [member="Ithnan Cryo"] up. The look he gave him was one that showed a little of his disdain for the situation.

Yet after a moment he moved slowly, placing his weapon on the ground before standing fully upright again. "So who did you piss off to get saddled with this detail, huh?" He was testing the waters. His job had never changed. He had to protect the Queen and her family by whatever means necessary. And there were many options open and available to him right now. He was just waiting for the right opportunities to present itself.

Einon placed his hands at his sides. It was better to have them cuffed in front rather than behind, but he wasn't quite ready for that just yet.
"Do you feel like a real bigshot right now? Arresting civilians young and old that are clearly not a threat to you. That's some Empire you're a part of...."

Rage,Rage Against The Dying Of The Light.
Allies: TSE and Allies
Enemies: Anyone who isn't TSE or an ally. [member="Einon"]

Ithnan took note of the man's look as he kicked away the blaster and watched over the trooper moving to restrain the man. It was a look that did nothing to the stoic image he was projecting to the outside world. The man was a soldier, nothing more, nothing less. He had the misfortune of kneeling before a queen who made bad decisions, that was the extent of pity he could actually give for any of these people's situation. War was cruel and unfair, hopefully, their queen knew that before embarking on this course of action. The man was just a casualty of that and if he had anger to spew it'd be better directed at one who would care.

However, he did find the mans string of tough talk amusing, being sure to not let it show. " I feel nothing for you or your people in the slightest. You chose to surface because you were ordered to surrender, no? These actions are the result of your Queen. The destruction, loss of life, and pain were all set in motion by her delusion that an attack against us would strike fear."

The trooper motioned for the man to give him his hands as Ithnan continued " And now you question me about my feeling? I wonder how it felt to send people to the slaughter based on an illusion of victory and survival. A question you may just get to ask her in the prison camps. Finish up." His last words were to the trooper. Trucks began to pull up to transport the priority prisoners out of the city. Ithnan just stared at the man, keeping close ear of his surroundings.

Doyle

D
Einon held up a finger, his pointy finger on his left hand and pointed it directly at [member="Ithnan Cryo"] as the man tried to accuse his Queen over the attack. "You're the one that's delusioned.
You think that what happened with the blockade was an attempt to strike fear? I've heard of big egos, but wow...that tops the cake."

As he was instructed to hold out his hands, Einon did so, with clenched fists. He cracked a smile while they were cuffed together, his eyes never leaving those of the Sith standing nearby. "Commenor survives." Einon quickly lunged forward, pushing his right shoulder into the trooper and grabbing his holstered blaster in the process. He then tilted the barrel upwards towards the unprotected chin of the trooper and opened fire, giving him less of a chance of being grappled before he broke out in a run towards the nearest building.

The chit chat did it's part, gaining him a bit more intelligence on the situation than he had previously. And although his hands were cuffed, he had one advantage; Einon knew the city far better than the invaders did.

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
When [member="Adara Raxis"] came skipping up to the throne of [member="Darth Carnifex"] it was an absolutely horrifying sight to see. These two tyrants that not long before ordered the deaths of over eight million people, infamously known across the galaxy and the little child came to them with warmth. It was bone chilling to see the Lord of Lies flash a warm smile towards Adara as she sat on the Dark Lord's knee, playing with the many folds of the man's robes seemingly unperturbed with the events folding on in front of her, undoubtedly the perks of being so young. She was perfectly at home amidst such darkness. When Adara called across the void for help, in fear after the family of the Infernal sought to cause her harm the Zambrano's were the ones who answered.

The genuine realization played out like a cinema on [member="Yasha Mantis"]'s face when the betrayal sank in and suddenly the mood in the chamber shifted. It shifted from tension between Sith and Mandalorian to something else, the familiar sting of treason hung in the air it was a feeling he knew well. Deception was an art form that Darth Prazutis had mastered and it was a favored tool of his many a rival, an enemy, a pawn had fallen victim to his plots and watched close allies, friends, brothers turn against each other because of a plot of his own design. To be deceptive was more than being a good liar, it was keeping your opponents confused and to never give them an idea of what your true intentions were, to sometimes make moves that made no sense or potentially worked against you. They could never predict what you would do next and it left them exposed.

Now that tensions eased and a blood debt was at long last repaid they moved on and back to the pressing issue at hand, the Queen of Commenor [member="Lady Kay"]. It was a rather interesting complication that their ally in Mand'alor had family in an enemy they sought to destroy. In contrast to Kay Yasha was instead the betrayer, a promised member of family and one who pledged to keep them safe yet in the Arenais family's one time of need the Mand'alor's hands were tied because her so called family chose pride over better senses, they chose suicide by attacking the Sith blockade instead of playing the diplomat. "You may see the Queen I have been informed she has been processed she will however remain in her cell during your visit." The Shadow Hand said turning back towards little Adara on the throne. He approached the little one as she was trying to hide herself the robes of the Dark Lord draped on her shoulders. "I have a gift for you seddsi ami." He said reaching into the folds of his robes, pulling out a small necklace with that held the symbol of Nereus the All-Father, Chief God of War and the Sun to the Epicanthix people. Nereus was the king of all gods and he epitomized strength, radiance, protection it was said he would lend his strength to his people in their greatest time of need. "This is Nereus he watches over us all. Now he watches over you too." Prazutis said if allowed he put the necklace on little Adara. What he forgot to mention was the symbol of the Sith Brotherhood that was coincidentally on the backside. He looked back towards the gathered pair and toward [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] who was half held, half leaning on Yasha.

The Emperor let the full gambit of emotions wash over the Mand'alor, sitting silent and stoic as she said her piece to both himself and to the young Mandalorian girl. His hand still gently patted and rubbed small Adara's back, comforting and secure as her mother begged her to come into her embrace. Carnifex looked down at the small child on his knee and gently whispered; "Go to your mother, child. She is anxious to see you again, tell her of what happened."

As Adara slid off of his knee and walked over to Yasha, the Emperor would rise from his seat and tower over everyone assembled save for his equally towering uncle. "Much has transpired and much has been revealed, Yasha Mantis. Traitors in your midst had been felled by my hand, and your child safely returned to where she belongs at her mother's side. Commenor bends the knee to my Empire, and your aunt has been kept in secure holding. Come with me and I will take you to her, for you have witnessed the harshness of our swords and now you shall witness the generosity and mercy of the Sith." His eyes glanced down to Bethany, who still cowered and cried in the presence of such monstrous beings as the Emperor and the Shadow Hand. "Do with her what you wish, it was never our intention to pass judgment on the girl. That is why we brought her before you."

Once that had all been tended to, the Emperor would lead his assortment of companions and servants out of the throne room and to the detention levels where the Queen of Commenor was being held in one of the more comfortable cells. Other members of her government would not be as lucky as they languished in lightless cells devoid of sound and sight, subject to the horrors of the Sith Emperor's cruelty. But Yasha would not be shown such depravities, she would only be shown what the Emperor deemed necessary.

And thus they reached the door to Kay's cell, and the Emperor turned to Yasha. "You will be given the privilege of a private meeting with the Queen, Mand'alor. I give you this because you have remained a steadfast ally and have honored your words and vows, and as I have honored mine by inflicting no harm on Kay Arenais." The cell door was opened to allow her entry, with the Dark Lord giving one final parting statement before the door closed behind her. "Do not linger, the battle is not yet won until she signs the treaty."

[member="Darth Prazutis"] | [member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Adara Raxis"]

“I am the Dawk Lady... Dawfth Adarabibble... fear meeee...” Adara giggled and whispered, as she flopped the robe’s sleeve over her face. “Ack! Foiled again! Teehee!”

Peeking out from the black cloth, Adara smiled up at her saviour [member="Darth Carnifex"]. He was the invincible figure in her tiny world, a warrior and grandfatherly figure, who cuddled her up in a hug when she was sad, or hurt. When he spoke, Adara listened as the child she was, without a deeper understanding of the undertones.

Yasha’s helmet clad nod was all the encouragement Adara needed to stick her pale neck out and let [member="Darth Prazutis"] put the necklace around her neck. It shone on the child’s dress, a flicker of the deeper hidden meanings lingering in metal and fine stone.

“Duomq yay, Ymxsi Prazamussus. Yes, Glomkhoduil. Buir, lookit! Lookit!! It’s so pretty, Buir!” Adara scrambled off Carnifex’s knee and hugged his hand, before skipping down the dais steps and running first to hug [member="Darth Prazutis"]' knee tight, then run to her mother.

Yasha scooped Adara into her arms, holding the child so close Adara pouted.

“Ow, Buir. Owie, too hard in your ouchie clothes... Buir? Why’re you wearing your helmet, sillybantha? We’re safe with Grandfather and Uncle.” Reaching up with her tiny arms, Adara clung around her mother’s neck as far as she could reach and kissed the helm’s side.

“It’s okay Buir. Befthy? Why’re you crying? My ouchies are all better. Don't worry, Befthy, I won't eat all the chawk-lit. Promise.” Oh the mouths of babes, who knew not the larger perspectives of intergalactic warfare, or the shift of politics she witnessed. Adara knew nothing but the security of her situation, loved and doted on as the daughter of nightly whispers.

Her mother clung to her with one arm, yet did not remove the helm she wore, which covered her face. Grandfather was using such large words, guiding them through the ship, to see Auntie Kay.

“I hope Auntie likes my dress.”

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"]

“Gett’se, Bethany. Chaab sha ca’nara. (Courage, Bethany. Fear in time.) Yasha whispered. It would not do to have the Mand’alor’s daughter pass out in front of the Sith Empire, and the holocams which were no doubt recording every angle of the throne room. [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] leaned against Yasha, and the Mand’alor allowed it, shifting her grip on Beth’s arm to better hold her frail constitutioned daughter up.

“Tuomq i'ay, Umvsi. Yayl voli hal Adara vess mad xi halbaddim. I op vildoem Alvarex omk I ruoss ijhnlirr ayl blodedyki em kyi depi.” Yasha’s wolf-helm drifted to the side as Prazutis placed the necklace around Adara’s neck. It hung like the weight of half the known galaxy, a sigil and brand.

Adara. Cyare, oh, ni kar’taylir gar darasuum, be cyare.” The moment Adara was back in Yasha’s embrace, the young mother let in a ragged in-and-exhale. Still hidden beneath the wolf-helm, which covered her face from view, Yasha Mantis relied on the stoicism of indifferent metal to smooth over her many resounding woes. Her eyes stung, cheeks wet. Every instinct within her reminded Yasha to take the girls and hide, to keep her face hidden, to stand tall and proud, daughter of infinite potential, Sole Ruler of an honourable rabble.

“Thank you for bringing her to me. Bethany’s actions were those of a startled and trusting child… she will never make that mistake again. Bethany, you will learn now who our friends are, and who keep Adara and our family in their best interest.” [member="Darth Carnifex"] and [member="Darth Prazutis"] saved Adara’s young life… Bringing her daughters with her, Yasha followed Kaine in silence, mind whirling in a dervish of concern and…

… shame.

Had she received less training, by the time Yasha got to [member="Lady Kay"]’s cell, her shoulders would have bowed. Her neck would have held ill upon her. Above the planet of Commenor, Mand’alor the Infernal stood in her many ships and, with what her People and the Council called ‘honour’, did nothing.

“Much will be made of this day, Emperor Zambrano. Traitors and villainy will be hunted down, their marks upon our Galaxy scored out and covered under the glass of our vindications. I believe Adara knows well your mercies and generosities.” How could she deny either agreement? The Council… what would Ra have done, if he were upon his Throne? While the distant calls of ‘Mandalorians for Manda’yaim’ and the isolationist movement of Kadikla’s resurgence taking hold of her culture, the spilling of Mandalorian blood was to be something done by and for those who gripped the culture and religion tight in both hands.

In theory, Kadikla, isolationism unless mercenary exchange took place, was the politically advantageous option… yet this was the cost. This. Seeing the proud and noble [member="Lady Kay"] sitting in a cell, surrounded by books and naught else, her alliance shattered, planet nigh destroyed.

And Kaine Zambrano dubbed it mercy.

“I will honour your desire for brevity, yet on this day you surely may allow a niece a moment with her Aunt.” How proud Yasha should be, for ensuring Kay’s health! How proud Yasha should be for preventing the mass extinction of Commenor. How proud Yasha should be of her daughter’s saviours and protectors in time of need.

“And after she signs your treaty? I can take her home? We have funeral arrangements to prepare for, and my father will receive the news of his wife’s death ill. He will not immediately understand and I will have need of Kay to calm him. My People loved Baiko, as mediator, judge and diplomat. Her loss will be strongly felt across my Empire… Kay would soften the blow, while the truth is crafted for their education.” What would an Empire of Mandalorians look like in a riot?

The door clunked shut, Yasha steadfastly holding to her children. This was but the final danger of their road home, a further expression of the quality to Yasha and Kaine’s deal. Yasha sat Bethany down on the nearest chair without so much as a word to her Aunt. She sunk on her haunches to place a gauntlet upon Beth’s cheek, thumb smoothing the reddened and tear-stained skin.

“Hush now. Adara will show you her drawings, while I speak with your Great-Aunt. Not a word until we return to Mandalore. Not one, Bethany Australis-Mantis.” Stern was the hand, which bore the Mantle.

“Aunt Kay…” Yasha turned to the diminutive, yet mighty woman she respected beyond all others, shame hidden beneath her beskar shroud. “Emperor Zambrano assures me your stay within this cell is impermanent… I…”

A deep breath infilled, held and exhaled. The slight bow of a mighty head. “I couldn’t prevent this. I could only ensure your and the family’s health, and hold back the majority of the Sith’s guns. I cannot ask your forgiveness, but I can continue to petition for the better treatment of your People.”

“Buir.. Buir, hey! Buir, make Auntie Kay look at my new dress!” Adara tugged on her mother’s hand, hopping up and down in front of Lady Kay.

“Auntie Kay! Do you like it? Do you? It’s pretty! Grandfather gave it to me! Mine was all bloody and icky and now I have this one! Isn’t it pretty?” Adara spun around in a little circle, displaying a black and crimson dress, cut in a Panathan fashion, and resplendent with the iconography of the Zambranos.

“Adara! Go show Beth your drawings.” What was the little girl doing in such drape, upon the flagship of the Sith Emperor?

“But… but my dress!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom