Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Siege of Commenor [TSE/CSA]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay looked up from the books that she was reading as her cell door opened. She could hear the voice of [member="Darth Carnifex"] on the other side. He was speaking to [member="Yasha Mantis"] . Her niece had arrived. Whether it was for better or for worse, she had arrived.

She got to her feet and stepped away from her desk, watching as Yasha walked in with her two daughters, [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] and [member="Adara Raxis"] , the latter that she hadn't seen since she was an infant, the former she knew of as a good friend to her own two children.

Although the door was closed and for all intents and purposes they appeared alone, Kay was quite certain that they were being monitored, just as her own body was.

Her brows furrowed as Yasha almost seemed to blame herself for what happened. But that kind of weight wasn't needed on her niece's shoulders. "You have nothing to feel sorry for. Outside of these cuffs, injections and whatever samples they took from me, I'm...okay. But I don't know where Veiere and my children are. Veiere was a prisoner, but I believe that he somehow escaped. For surely if he was killed, his body would've been paraded in front of me, much like how they all cheered when over eight million people lost their lives in one split second. If you see them, tell them not to come for me. From what I've read in the literature that they've provided, it's not going to go well for them."

Her attention was then turned to Adara, whom was jumping up and down and butting in on the conversation. Kay gave her a small smile and crouched down a little so that she was at her level a little better. "It's very pretty.
But you know, back at my home I have such beautiful fabrics that will move like water when you move. And the colours...so bold and shiny. I hope that I can show you them soon and have beautiful dresses made for you...But first I need to talk to your mother. It's boring grown up stuff. Beth can keep you company while you wait for us, okay?"

She then looked up to Yasha again, peering at the wolf helm to where she assumed her niece's eyes were. If only she could reach her mind, but there was just no way. If only Yasha knew basic sign language like Kay did...but she didn't. "The Sith Emperor was going to attack us, no matter what either of us did. My ambush of the siege was just an excuse for him to execute his plan quicker. If there's anyone that needs forgiveness it's me, for being too prideful to avoid the deaths of my people. And what this treaty will entail, I can only imagine. People had warned me for a long time that my neutrality would end. And now that time has finally come. The side that we are on is obvious." Although Kay didn't choose to remark on what side that was. She wouldn't dare do so while she was trapped here.

"Now how about a hug for your aunt?" She didn't leave her a choice, she hugged her anyways, being sure that her lips were close to the wolf helm's ear as she spoke softer than a whisper; "Don't let them use me to force you to do what they want.
And keep my family away from home until it's safe. Please."

[member="Darth Prazutis"]

“The last reports I received, Veiere did escape. Lori and Caedyn are alright, I have Yalilyr combing the surface for them. The last sighting, they were alright. The Sith won’t harm Loreena or Caedyn. Not now. Your people will be mourned, their names writ for future generations to recall. They died as warriors in a battle for your Kingdom, there is no more honourable of an end...”

“Feth it, Kay! Why didn’t you come with me to negotiate before this bloodshed began in earnest!?” Yasha grabbed both of [member="Lady Kay"]’s shoulders, bending low enough to have the wolf-helm look her in the eyes. “It would have prevented this senseless loss of your People! Feth! Kad dang it!”

Gauntlet-clad hands yanked off the smaller woman, Yasha swerving in place to pace as her daughter attempted to get Great-Auntie Kay’s attention. Emotions would do nothing in this place, but mar their limited time.

“Is that like the fabrics Uncle Prazamussus promised to give me, and Befthy and Mommy? Uncle Prazamussus taught me a singy-song! Ewwwww, boring grown up stuff? No please, Befthy? Befthy, you need to see my drawing! I saw it in my nap! You were there and Baba and Buir and Grandfather and Uncle Prazamuss and Dokki’ Alvarex! I saw it, Befthy! I did! You looked so pretty… Befthy, why’re you so sad?” Adara continued to chatter on, both her little hands on Beth’s knees.

“Conflict within the Galaxy is an inevitable and cleansing fire. It takes all the stagnation in the Systems and burns it out, cauterizing wounds like fields of glass. You’ll be allowed to stay in your Palace, I know that much. The Deal I struck with the Emperor is contingent on your safety and freedom from harm. Else, you would be on Mandalore with me, or… Aunt Kay, something else happened and I don’t know what to do.”

Yasha clung to the hug from her Aunt, holding the smaller woman as close as her armour allowed. She squeezed just that much harder, when Kay whispered in her helm's audio receivers. She would do everything she could to prevent her cousins [member="Loreena Arenais"] & [member="Caedyn Arenais"] from attempting a foolhardy escape scheme and risking their lives. “Once you sign the treaty I fear my father will need you most of all.

Baiko’s dead.

Emperor Zambrano killed her, for attempting to murder Adara. It’s why Adara’s here. He brought her back from Sabarene in time for her to remain aboard during the siege. I followed my mother's ship's distress beacon to witness the battle.”

Kay-Larr

Kay breathed a small sigh of relief as [member="Yasha Mantis"] informed her that her children were not in Sith hands. That was the last thing that she needed; for [member="Darth Carnifex"] and [member="Darth Prazutis"] to get a hold of them to re-educate them.

She expected Yasha to get mad at her for her ambush of the siege, so it came at no surprise. Instead of joining into the anger, Kay just stood there and remained calm while her niece paced. "It was a distraction, Yasha. I needed their eyes focused on one place while I was working elsewhere. They'd be suspicious if I just dropped all activity on my routes. I just...underestimated their reaction to it..."

It wasn't until Yasha spoke of a deal that Kay stepped forward towards her."What deal did you strike? Tell me that it only deals with your non-aggression when it comes to what he does with Commenor and nothing more..." She knew that Carnifex wanted Yasha to marry one of his sons, more than likely in the hopes of creating more like Adara. But the way that [member="Adara Raxis"] was brought into this world wasn't normal. The child was dead and had to be brought back to life. It was a terrible thing.

As she was about to tell Yasha that the Sith ideal of keeping her safe was under lock, key and constant monitoring, she was informed about Baiko. Kay did a double-take as she processed the thought. "Baiko's gone?...Where's Gray? What was he doing? And I can't believe that Baiko would try to kill family. That's just...not like her..." Or at least not like the woman that she knew. There had to have been something else to it.

"You may have to bring Gray to me, if they won't let me leave."

“I could have told you exactly how they’d react. What you did was planetary suicide… but it’s over now. They won’t reneg on the treaty. Not once you sign it.” That was the crux, wasn’t it? [member="Darth Carnifex"] was clear. He truly believed the war to continue as long as the paper remained unmarred by Kay’s ink.

“The Mandalorian Empire stayed out of a conflict of two entities, with whom both had agreements of non-aggression. I couldn’t join any side of the conflict without breaching one or the other agreement and after what the Undying pulled at Dagobah, I had to stay honourable to my agreements. The continued existence of my Empire lied within the ability for other nations to see we honour our bonds. The Dark Lord promised me the safety of my family… for the continued friendship of the Mandalorian People to the Sith Empire and its’ dominions. Simply put, he took it easy on you for Mand’alor’s sake. Call it what you will, what happened down there? The eight million lives lost? That was Emperor Zambrano and [member="Darth Prazutis"] being gentle. I did what I could, Aunt Kay. I will continue to leave observers in place, to ensure the appropriate treatment of your civilians, and allow any civilians who wish it passage to Mandalore. Those who fought in the military are forfeit. They are, and will be, prisoners of the Sith.” No talk of marriage, although Yasha understood where her Aunt’s mind laid. Alvarex was a tense subject with many of her closest family and advisors, a name without more than the cursory face for any but [member="Keira Verd"].

“[member="Alvarex Zambrano"] is a good man, Aunt Kay. Had he no royal credentials, and no family name, if he was simply one of the many Mandalorians I met on my travels, he would be worthy of love and affection. He’s honourable, diligent, caring…” A very real and wistful sigh echoed bashfully out of Yasha’s buy’ce, running her gauntlets over her arms. “I don’t know him closely enough yet, but there’s a beauty to him. An honour and devotion… he dotes on Adara as if she were his own, and… I wish you could meet him under better circumstances. Ones not tainted by this conflict, because you would approve of him. He’s nothing like any man I’ve ever met, and… and I am fond of him of my own decision and design. I may even love him... time will tell.”

The conversation twisted as the battle had, from pluck to despair. Baiko’s death hung ill upon Kay’s ears, a real shock upon her Aunt’s face.

“Baiko tried to cure Adara’s reliance on the Dark Side of the Force. She took her without my permission to Sabarene, to some jetise healers, apparently her Echani ancestors. I have yet to ask Beth what happened from her perspective, but from what Emperor Zambrano told me, Adara was screaming, in pain and bleeding and she called for him… and he came.” Yasha shook her helmet-clad head, going to lean against the wall where she could see all three people in the room. From across the known Galaxy, to the ragged edge Adara called the Dark Lord. The more Yasha let it soak in, the more it filled her with foreboding. How could that little sunshine child scream loud enough for a Sith Lord on the other side of the Galaxy to hear and respond?

What sort of bond did Adara have?

“Did you know Baiko could use the Force? She lied to me my entire life by keeping that secret. I don’t know how to feel about my mother’s actions.” Baiko always kept mystery in her pockets, yet this? How could she? Why hadn’t she told Yasha the truth?

“Aunt Kay, Gray doesn’t know yet. Darth Carnifex told me right before he brought me to see you… I’m reeling. The news hasn’t hit firm enough in my head yet to mean more than… Beth was with her, grabbed Achani and ran. I’ve… oh Kad.” Yasha’s breath startled inside her mask. She looked to [member="Lady Kay"].

“Achani… Kad Haran’gir, she’s still on the Myrmadinas. On Commenor’s surface. Cynthia was investigating. My baby sister’s on Commenor right now.”

Kay-Larr

Kay clenched her jaw as [member="Yasha Mantis"] mentioned the treaty. Just what it would entail, she knew that it'd be difficult for her to sign, much like it was difficult for her to negotiate with [member="Darth Carnifex"] in the first place. His undermining of the negotiations by way of installing a blockade was the culprit behind this whole thing. No matter how much he put the blame on her, it was his doing. If the blockade never happened, Munto City would still be there. All those that died would still be living. And she wouldn't be standing here in a cell.

She nodded while she listened to the agreement that was made between Yasha and Carnifex in regards to herself and Commenor. The offer of sanctuary to even some of her people was gracious. "Thank you...I'm sure that there may be many that will look to your worlds for freedom from the occupation. And then maybe when the time is right and Commenor is free once more, they can return home." It was a hope, a dream, and another belief that she clung onto.

With the patience that only a mother could give, Kay listened as Yasha described [member="Alvarex Zambrano"] in hopes to convince her aunt of the man's good character. But right now Kay could only go with her own assumptions, and her gut. "With Baiko gone...it is my duty to look out for you, as I do for my own children. And that's all that I'm doing here in regards to Alvarex. He may be as you say, but I question the Emperor's motives. He is using you like he is using all of us, forever seeking to plunge the Galaxy in Darkness and keep it that way." Perhaps Ra was right in his Purge and Crusade afterall...

Kay looked up to Yasha, wanting to hold her face in her hands and peer into her eyes, but the wolfhelm prevented that. So instead she just reached for her niece's hands and held them. "Let me meet with him. Alone if possible.
Let me spend time with him and see for myself if I am just being overly protective. Does that sound alright?"

At the mention of Adara and Carnifex sharing some kind of bond, followed by what Baiko had tried to do, it was starting to make sense. Baiko was a threat and so she was removed.

The revelation of Baiko's secret then came to bare. Kay chewed on her bottom lip a little. "I found out about her Force sensitivity during the war games. I didn't tell anyone because it wasn't my secret to share.
But Yasha...I'm force sensitive too. Gray knows, and so does Carnifex and Prazutis. It is because of my Force sensitivity that I was fired from the Republic and nearly executed. It was because of that too that Prazutis captured me and tortured me for months on end to turn me into a monster, into his apprentice. But Veiere saved me...with his patience and devotion, he helped me to regain what I had lost. Myself. I share a bond with Veiere as Adara seems to share with Carnifex, but I am cut off from that because they've injected me with something. I'm sorry to have not told you sooner, but most get really angry when they find out...I don't use it to coerce people into anything. More often than not, I hide my sensitivity to lesson the chance of being in trouble."

Then came the startling news of Yasha's sister. Kay let go of her hands and gestured to the door. "Go find her and bring her home. My people wouldn't hurt her, but that doesn't mean that other's won't. I'll....do what I can from here. But go. Get Beth, Adara and the others safely home. Gray will want to see them safe too. You'll all have to grieve together. Tell him...tell him that I'm thinking about him. I've been through such a loss before. Just hurry."

It was amazing sometimes how priorities could shift in the blink of an eye. It made her wonder what else would turn her life upside down and make it even more complicated than it already was.

Lori frowned a little, her disbelief held within moreso that what she let everyone see. The words if [member="Sebastian Thel"] echoed in her mind. He was at an Imperial base, listening in on all of their comms. And now he was more than likely sending Sith Imperial forces right to her. And he wanted her to surrender? No way!!

She glanced over to [member="Jagger Swaggernaut"] briefly, wondering what he thought of all of this. Would he tell them to surrender too? Or would he keep trying to help them escape?

Lori then looked to [member="Silfe Sosuri"] as her commlink was taken and tossed out. It was a strange thing to be forced to disconnect from everyone in such a way. Silfe's offer was kind, but the young girl shook her head.
"Yours isn't safe either. Sebastian is monitoring them.
He could be tracking us with them, so toss yours too."

The canyons shouldn't be that far. Hopefully their driver knew where they were going. Otherwise Lori might just have to drive the speeder herself! That could frighten some.

[member="Matsu Xiangu"] [member="Belphaegor"]

Yasha wrapped her arms around [member="Lady Kay"] and held firm. Signing the treaty would be another step in the humiliating horror of losing Commenor’s independence, but it would secure the lives of millions. That alone, with the Sith Fleets and the weapons primed was enough. It was the only way left to them, the only success to be taken that of awaiting time to take its course and allow for the eventual opportunity of freedom once more.

Time. This battle was lost to the Commenori Queen. Others would not be. “All who ask will receive my mercy, if they’re exempt from the military. I will do what I can for Commenor, and for you.”

The Wolf Helm tilted as if bashful. “Thank you, Aunt Kay. Give him a chance, it’s all I ask. Give Alvarex the chance and you’ll see what I do. You’ll see the truth.”

The truth. It had its’ way with this day, no doubt by [member="Darth Carnifex"] and [member="Darth Prazutis"]’s mutual design. Had Yasha removed her helm, Kay would see a shattered young woman defeated by the knowledge that Kay too, had known.

Kay too. Gray had to have known about Baiko’s secret. Not only was Baiko willing to share with Kay and Gray, but Kay Arenais herself was hiding the same.

Maybe the Undying had the right idea of curing this universe of their mystic whimsy, which caused such pain without visible benefit. Whirling around, Yasha punched the wall with her fist, letting out a gurgled scream from between clenched teeth.

“Must everything in our lives come in pieces?! Kay, if I had that information I could have helped! I could have… done more! But no… no, Baiko took my child and forced her way. She pushed Adara into a situation that hurt… now here we are… here we are. A forcie for an Aunt, two forcies for daughters, another dead parent and eight million lives lost, because you shot when you should have waited for me. Kad dang it, this… what is all this?”

Kay’s mind switched to [member="Achani Raxis"], and Yasha’s to [member="Cynthia Solus"]. Had Cynthia found the girl and crew, yet? Were they getting through? “Aunt Kay, I’ve given up on trusting aruetise and their supposed kindnesses. You continued to tell myself and others that you did not consider yourself Mandalorian… if you’d just allowed us to claim you as our own… if only… sign the treaty, Kay. Sign it and let the Sith Empire power down their weapons… give your people the chance to grieve and breathe. Only then can we all have the clarity of what to do next. I’ll go, but… there’s no grieving Baiko without you. You are Aliit. You are family, and that is the only sacred bond I have left.”

Picking Adara up off the floor, where she tapped at her data pad, Yasha leaned in to give Kay one more hug. She whispered in Kay’s ear, the wolf-helm leaning down to keldabe kiss brow to brow. Stepping back from her imprisoned Aunt, Yasha pulled [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] to her feet, reaching her arm around her exhausted oldest daughter and half carrying her to the door.

“Kaine, it is done. Let me out.”

She highly doubted [member="Sebastian Thel"] had any idea who she was or that she was with [member="Loreena Arenais"] and it would be highly unlikely that he had her Cyrillian comm frequency, but she sighed, crushed and tossed hers too as they turned a corner between two buildings. Fresh comms would be easy to get once they get away from here and two comm signals, even if could be found after being turned off and crushed (seriously lets not god mod here) would not give away their final destination. She closed the window and sat back as the pilot continued navigating through the air.

"So...He is someone you spent time with? Someone you considered a friend?" Silfe knew all about betrayal. Her father constantly betrayed her. Though she was not so knowledgeable about betrayal from a friend. It must hurt Loreena to know that Sebastion had given their position away and seemingly without remorse and his only consolation to her was that he advised her to surrender if found... well, he had said when, but Silfe doubted that would happen.The complete randomness of [member="Jagger Swaggernaut"] was certainly a level of chaos that could not be predicted. No. Sebastion would do as all Empire lackeys did... assist if it would gain him accolades or promotion and do nothing while his "friend" was captured, tortured and possibly killed.

The door receded into its partition, revealing the imposing figure of the Emperor on the other side. For a moment he simply stood there, his face impassive, but after a second or two, he moved to the side to allow the Mand'alor to leave the cell. In his right hand was clutched a sealed piece of flimsiplast in a glasteel tube, the symbol of the Empire imprinted upon the curved glass. He said nothing as Yasha passed him, only his eyes followed her as she departed.

Eyes that narrowed gently as they turned back to gaze at the open doorway to the cell, which he quickly passed through.

With the door closed behind him, it was only the Emperor and the Queen alone in the cell now. "Well, it looks like Yasha took your imprisonment well." He gestured to the noticeable dent in the wall made by Yasha's previous outburst, an act that was undoubtedly caught on the cell's surveillance system. But beyond that, the Emperor did not make any more comments or pose any questions towards what Yasha said or did when she was in alone with Kay.

Instead, he placed the sealed scroll on the table and tapped it with one finger.

"Read it."

[member="Darth Prazutis"] | [member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Adara Raxis"]

Kay-Larr

Kay held onto [member="Yasha Mantis"] as she was hugged, though it was strange and almost hurtful due to her armour. Still, she wasn't going to deny her niece the comfort that they both desperately needed.

"Thank you. People love to have options, and you've given them another to consider." But the fact that her military personnel would never be free made her sad and frustrated. She understood the logic for sure, but that didn't mean that she had to like it.

Kay wondered about her Palace staff and her assistant Olivia. That woman was the Head of the House. Would she have kicked the invading forces out, leading to her own arrest? Or would she submit to the occupation in order to secure the safety and order of the staff. She wasn't certain. And what about her security staff? Were they considered military? What of her law enforcement? There were just so many questions that needed answers.

She watched as Yasha punched the wall in frustration, and all that she could do was let her vent.

"I only had good intentions, as I'm sure that Baiko did. There was no malice in my actions....But the lives of leaders are always complicated. Things happen that we don't expect and we have to...take it in stride and learn from it." Kay hung her head a little at her denials of being Mandalorian, having not wanted others to believe that she was a part of the Crusades that terrorized the Galaxy for a time. She had only joined to spare her people from attack. And it worked. For a time...

"We all do what we think is for the good of those under our care. Perhaps I was selfish for not embracing the culture of the family that I was adopted into.
But that's all in the past and I cannot undo it. All that I can do is try to fix it."
But that was difficult to do here. At the mention of signing the treaty, Kay nodded a little. "I just worry about what that treaty entails. It won't be pleasant for any of us for a time. But you're right, my people need time to breathe and grieve." She was still quite reluctant, still worried that she could be signing her own death warrant and that of her family's.

Once again she hugged her niece, listening to her whispered words. "Be careful, my dear Yasha... And if you see Veiere or my children, tell them that I love them and that I am in good health."

Kay stepped back and sat on the edge of her bed as Yasha gathered [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] and Adara. She knew that [member="Darth Prazutis"] and [member="Darth Carnifex"] were on the other side of that door.

Her hands clenched into fists as she steeled her resolve and pushed back any feelings of despair as the Sith Emperor came into the cell. Kay got to her feet and walked over to her desk, taking the tube into her hand. She opened it and began to read it through. "Executions, occupation, disarmament, blockades...stripping me of my powers as a ruler. Just what are the duties of a figurehead? Stand there and look pretty? Cut ribbons to open new facilities?" The words of Yasha came into mind. She had to sign it. "I have some conditions before I sign everything away...I don't expect you to agree with all of them, but you should grant me at least one. The first being that my family are left alone.
No bounties, no arrests and no attempts at killing them. The second is that I get my armour and bracers back whenever I am released from your custody. And the third is that I regain my access to the Force. There are bound to be people that will be angry at me for signing this treaty and I should have the means to protect myself. Those are my conditions, Your Grace. Take from them what you will."

Rage,Rage Against The Dying Of The Light.
Allies: TSE and Allies
Enemies: Anyone who isn't TSE or an ally. [member="Einon"]

Everything happened so quickly that Ithnan's feet were already in motion when the blaster fire struck the soldier in the head, dropping him immediately and pulling the attention of the other soldiers nearby. As to be expected there was a small swelling of confusion among the citizens and bravery among those who had the courage to fight against the greater odds. He pushed past the brewing chaos as gunfire and blast fire one-sidedly painted anyone who tried to resist. Those who got their hands on weapons attempted to flee, being pursued by other soldiers. A twinge of laughter touched his lips as he considered if the sacrifice of one's countrymen for personal gain was a trait of the people of Commenor. Regardless he wasn't going to let the man get away so easily.

While Ithnan didn't know the city as well as a native it wasn't hard to keep up by going in the general direction of the flux of people. With the occupation, underway cordons were being set and roads blocked. All he needed to do was keep sights on the handcuffed individual and "apprehend" him. He had no intention of letting the man live in the slightest. People like that were what he called "agitators" and the Empire would benefit from having as few of them among the populace as possible. Still, without communication available, he had no way of calling for reinforcements to cut [member="Einon"] off. All he had were any soldiers the man would run past and those who had taken up the chase with him.

“We shall see how many take to it.” Yasha held her daughters close, protected from the heart-seeping sensation of Adara cuddling in.

“Complicated… yes, I agree, but then when have our lives been simple? Reminds me of his corpse who loved to strike up conversations, when I was Adara’s age. ‘May you live in interesting times’. Lout.” Yasha tilted her helmet, voice filled with the ire of a twenty-something with drama as a foreword. “Good intentions she may have had… but in the end they didn’t help. They just complicated all our lives and ended hers. Fix it, Kay. Be who you are, and we can fix it. The Manda knows how, we can only trust and obey. I don’t know what the treaty entails, but at this point, what else would do? Give your people space and time. Everyone’s too high on the emotions of this war, wait until things settle.”

The hatch opened, filled with the foreboding figure whose shadow contaminated every part of Yasha’s life. The man who saved her daughter. “Take care of my family, Kaine.”

“Bye bye Glomkhoduil.” Adara waved for [member="Darth Carnifex"], then cuddled into her mother’s neck and hummed the song [member="Darth Prazutis"] taught her all the way to the shuttle back to the Hell Wolf.

Once on board, Mand’alor the Infernal attached to the comms feeds coming off [member="Cynthia Solus"]’ and [member="Achani Raxis"]’ ships. The chatter disturbed her, but the Infernal trusted Cynthia to get it done.

“Sending coordinates, Alor Solus... things’re heated but we’re able to fly if you cover us. We... we have no weapons to speak of. This is a support vessel, not a cruiser.” The Myrmadinas’s captain chewed on his words, the sounds of desperate people fixing problems in the background.

“Beth. [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"]... we lost her signal, I’m hoping like stink you know where she is and she’s okay.”

Aboard the Hell Wolf, Yasha began the evacuation of Mandalorian ships from Commenori space. “Get me Australis.”

The Emperor laughed, "And what promises do you have that your family will not raise arms against me? What assurances can you make that they will accept the treaty?" He doubted they would listen to her, even if she begged on her hands and knees. He had already seen just how much it took to break the prideful resolve of the Commenori, and he knew that before long he would run out of cities to torch before they had nothing left to lose and fought as a cornered animal. But likewise, if they thought that the Empire's resolve for destruction had a limit, they would be sorely mistaken. To the Emperor of the most powerful state in the galaxy, the ends always justified the means.

Even if millions had to burn.

"If you cannot assure me of such things, your Majesty, then I cannot promise that your family will be spared." The children didn't particularly matter to the Emperor, he didn't think of them as a threat now that his hold over Commenor was all but assured. It was the patriarch, the one who had managed to slip through his fingers during the battle. He hadn't heard from [member="Koda Fett"] since then, and a part of him mused the thought that the Bounty Hunter had perished in his chase, but he doubted it. Fett was too crafty and too resilient to perish in such a mundane matter.

"The other two conditions are granted."

[member="Darth Prazutis"] | [member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Adara Raxis"]

Kay-Larr

"You're right. I cannot promise that they wouldn't raise arms to protect themselves from your forces. Most especially Veiere..." Kay's train of thought went to [member="Veiere Arenais"] just as [member="Darth Carnifex"] 's did. Her estranged husband had already gone after [member="Darth Prazutis"] once for him having abducted and tortured her. What was to stop him from going after him again for this incarceration?

She stared at the treaty for a moment, having not made the move to sign it just yet. How many would accept it? Kay hated it herself. In effect she was signing away her world's future, their freedom, everything. Even she was unsure of what her fate would be. [member="Yasha Mantis"] tried to whisk her away to Mandalor, but for the moment that wasn't allowed. Not even a close ally to the Emperor could free her.
"Soon our families will be connected if you have your way and Yasha marries your son.
Isn't that a strange thing?"
The very idea of being linked to the Zambranos even by marriage made her shudder inside. It was disturbing to say the least.

But her other conditions were granted. When exactly that would be, she wasn't sure. "What happens after I sign this? Will I be sent back home? And then what?
You didn't answer my question in regards to what is expected of me in my...altered position."
To be stripped of her powers was bad enough, yet to have her world brought under military control was quite another.

She didn't like the idea at all. An# there was nothing that she could do about it.

Yet.

Doyle

D
Einon had to run, and run very quickly. Of course he couldn't tire himself out too fast either. [member="Ithnan Cryo"] was on his tail so to speak and the disadvantage of being chased after by a Sith was that the Sith don't tend to tire so easily. And the last thing that Einon needed right now was to get himself cornered.

He pushed aside anyone that was in his way and headed down one of the alleys, his legs pumping hard and fast. With the blaster still in his cuffed hands, he turned and opened fire at the Sith, hoping to make him dive for cover which would give him the spare seconds needed to get inside one of the buildings and access the tunnels. He had better chances of taking a stand inside of there than out in the open.

[member="Mythos"]

Mara watched as Mr Gokin made his way down from the rubble and met her halfway. The world was a little blurry, hazy. It was like the graphics card was giving or glitching for a second. As Gokin moved, well Mara couldn't describe it as much. It was sort of like he was moving too fast and at the same time too slow. And the way he was talking--well that was both too fast and too slow. She both understood and didn't at the same time. Crazy how he do dat.

"Uh, thanks," Mara said giving a crazy smile. "I tried. I really tried. It took me hours to get this look. So much effort."

He had weird tastes, that was for sure. If there was any need to question that--he was dating her. If there was any additional need to know, well, she was battered and he thought she looked dropped dead gorgeous. He was insane. Or maybe she was. Mara blinked. Maybe she had hit her head too hard, she was starting to question her sanity.

"Yeah, the Programmer better help you cause I sure won't," Mara said crossing her arms, "ya meanie."

And they came uncrossed as he presented the ring and asked the question. A lot of chicks would have squealed or cried or jumped up and down or covered their mouths in awe and shock or love. They would have done something like that, but not Mara. Instead she looped her thumbs through her skin-tight sparkling shorts instead and said, "'Bout time, Mr Gokin."

She grabbed the ring in its case from his extended hands, examining the stone and ring that carried it. It was nice, it was dope, it was all that and it was expensive. It distracted her for a few moments as the blue skinned hacker looked over the piece of jewelry. She was quiet just long enough for it to become incredibly awkward.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, sure," she said at last, her fingers fumbled, trying to take the ring from the box.

The box clattered to the ground, her shaking hands held the ring. She blinked twice. Things were getting blurrier. Her body swayed back and forth, Mara took a half step, trying to stay upright. "Funny--the--graphics card--is failing."

The ring slipped from between her fingertips and the blue hacker fell face forward towards Gokin. Her head injury, the stress, and the sheer effort of everything was taking its toll on her alien body. Her body was growing cold, she could feel her fingers and feet tingling.

"Mr. Gokin," she mumbled. "I--I don't feel so good. Is this--is that what love--is this what love--is this how--is it--love?"

Rage,Rage Against The Dying Of The Light.
Allies: TSE
Enemies: Any Enemies of TSE

Ithnan was closing in, he was sure of it. All of the people who fell from the sudden push of [member="Einon"] were gracefully avoided by jumps and counter pushes from him as his speed didn't slow in the slightest until the man ran into an alleyway, probably hoping to lose him in the more intricate sidelines of the city. The gap between him and his ally troopers had increased as their heavier armor left them slower, and the human projectiles being tossed at them made it even more annoying to keep up with the two of them.

Regardless he had little concern for them and was focused on taking down the rebellious scum who dared to resist the total defeat in which they had faced. Turning down the grim alley Ithnan was left with little space to dodge quickly. Instead of diving or ducking, he decided to go over. Pressing off the ground he ran at a diagonal angle up the side wall to his right while a blaster bolt flew past causing trooper to immediately take a hit to the soldier when turning into the alley. Flipping off the wall a second blaster shot grazed his cheek and forced a second Trooper to duck behind a nearby trash can.

With the adrenaline numbing his pain some the graze only left a minor sting on his face. Without stopping he used the force to fling a nearby trash can down the alley hoping to clock the man cleanly or at least slow him down to where Ithnan could properly "arrest" him.

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
"We expect nothing." Darth Prazutis said his voice ringing out into the cell.

It became evident that the Shadow Hand was still lingering nearby while the visitation unfolded and the Mandalorians left, and it was almost eerie how someone of his stature could fade into the background like he did. The Dark Titan stood in the large doorway of the cell and took a few steps inside, his hands clasped together in front of him "After you sign the treaty once control has been established on Commenor you will be returned home to the palace after we make a few...alterations your highness. But make no mistake you are like a bird in her gilded cage, a puppet on our strings. As long as you remain compliant all will be well, but there will be consequences if you decide to step out of line," He finished. It was the truth once they fully controlled Commenor [member="Lady Kay"] would be returned to the palace after the Sith-Imperial Engineering Corps made a few alterations to her abode.

For one the tunnels would be completely sealed including any hidden or new ones they might've made through seismic mapping of the ground beneath the palace that would be done regularly. Undoubtedly surveillance would be a key addition, among other certain surprises. If she chose to rebel which undoubtedly it was a heavy thought in her mind, he knew Kay well enough to know that she was undoubtedly working on planning ways of resistance, rebellion, escape, she was strong willed and stubborn, and willing to take punishment for others. But she wouldn't be directly punished like she thought, others would suffer for her actions. But she would retain the title of Queen of Commenor to placate the populace, and she would retain the luxuries befitting the title.

"Just remember your highness if your thinking about long term plans of resistance, perhaps even thinking we've lacked in our watch, directed our attention elsewhere. Just remember I am always watching." The Lord of Lies said flashing a murderous grin.

[member="Darth Carnifex"] | [member="Yasha Mantis"] | [member="Beth Australis-Mantis"] | [member="Adara Raxis"]

"Be glad, your Highness. Soon your family will be bound to mine, and the future of your children may yet be secured." That would be a high priority for his hunters, to find and apprehend Kay's children. Trickery and coercion would hopefully lure them out into the open, a child always cares deeply for the well-being of their mother. "If they know what's good for them, that is. What a pity it would be to have my hand forced into action, resulting in their death. Enough blood has been spilled in this conflict, let us not water the earth with more."

Of course, that was a lie, a nicely worded lie. The Emperor of the Sith lived for conflict, his interpretation of the Force was that it was conflict personified. The existence of the Light Side and the Dark Side validated this belief, for the two were always in constant turmoil with one another for the fate of the galaxy.

And his Empire was such a conflict made manifest, which is why it was perfect and why he believed that it fully saw the Force's will realized.

"But it is also as the Shadow Hand says, your highness. You will be allowed to return to your palace, but you will be under our supervision from now on. You have proven to be stubborn and strong-willed, a match for any average Sith. I have no doubt that such captivity will foster a sense of boldness over time, so just remember that we will always be there, our eyes and ears always watching and listening for any whisper of resistance."

Again he gestured to the treaty, yet unsigned by the Queen of Commenor. "But your people will endure, so long as you sign."

Kay-Larr

Kay's body stiffened as [member="Darth Prazutis"] suddenly made his presence known. How long had he been standing there? She remained perfectly still as she stared at him, withdrawing into herself like she used to. Though her eyes glinted with her hatred for him.

A bird in a cage. A puppet on a string. Consequences for stepping out of line...Oh how she hated all of that. Prazutis claimed to have been watching her during their time after herrise to power, but did he really? Or was he just finding out little tidbits on the holonews? Kay was sure that it was the latter. Still, she wasn't about to test it just yet.

Her attention returned to [member="Darth Carnifex"] as he spoke. Bound to his family. It was curious wording that he used, and the kind that didn't give her any sense of relief whatsoever. She didn't want to seal her children's fate as she did her own.

At least she was going to be returned home. Instead of a cell she'd have her whole Palace, and maybe even all of Commenor if she was given access. No doubt [member="Yasha Mantis"] would want her to go to Mandalor, but Kay wasn't so certain it'd be allowed. It was a horrible position to be in and she didn't want her niece to be controlled by it either. It could already be too late for that.

She stared at the treaty, or moreso at the spot where she was supposed to sign. Yasha's words echoed in her mind, telling her, nearly pleading with her to sign it. Making the occupation legal felt so very wrong. But she believed that it wouldn't last forever. The ends justified the means and it was her hope that her people would find freedom in time.

"...Okay." She opened the drawer in the desk and took out a pen. There was a moment's hesitation before she applied her signature to the treaty. Now was not the time for protest. Now was not the time to become emotional. Instead she just dropped the pen on the desk and sat back in her chair, folding her arms across her chest. "It is done. Commenor is...no longer neutral." She didn't want to say that Commenor belonged to them. Afterall, figurehead or not, she was still the Queen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom