Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annihilation The Shatterpoint Verdict

x6alBfE.png

dHOfSw1.png

7MCtuwf.png

XPUdnox.png

9Eo8mWl.png

Si3njrd.png

okvu9Lu.png

SEFZkqM.png

ZuSu8oH.png

Participation - Defenders.
Tension - Attackers.
Story -
Defenders.
Drama - Tie.

CMON LETS GO BACK
The first notable bout of true tension (outside of introductory posts) was depicted by Halketh and Rurik Fel. The dialogue there is almost as poignant as the actual fight itself. They weave a story with just enough background to show that this has been a clash that has been a long time coming. There is no way to truly choose who was the "victor" of this duel. Both writers carried one another beautifully without sacrificing a bit of content.

AND FOLLOW THAT YELLOW BRICK ROAD

The debate between Zachariel Steelblood and Ingrid L'lerim is a clever bandying of words that begin as a disagreement of "truths" about how this day will end. The fight starts in earnest, with force-related flair, and a bit of a twist with their allegiances. Talk about a complicated relationship. It slowly starts to make sense why Ingrid, for all her ability, doesn't simply run through Zachariel to get to Solipsis. He's more than a lover, but a friend she wishes she could save. The true conflict comes into play when he makes it very clear that he doesn't need or want to be saved.

AS WE GO ON ANOTHER EPISODE

This fight held a different "feel" than some of the others that started thus far. It truly paints the Dark Lord as a monstrous titan, however, it also allowed Fett and Korr to bring a variety of tactics to the table. Fett is at a distinct disadvantage once Korr is down for obvious reasons and the presence of Pelles makes that all the more apparent. The way Fett relies on technology against Force Users of such magnitude and manages not to lose his head (mentally, or otherwise) is impressive.

JOURNEY WITH ME AS I TAKE YOU THROUGH THIS NIFTY LITTLE PLACE

The final battle at Akar Kesh.
Featuring characters like Darth Solipsis, Dagon Kaze, Corin Trenor, Rurik Fel, Heinrich Faust, Jem Fossk, Auteme, Ryv, and Cotan Sar'andor—There was a never-ending shift in tension that was almost dizzying. A final culmination of events for this thread was an essential mechanism that allowed writers some level of closure while developing a solid connection with the characters involved. This was the moment in which the very heart of the Annihilation became clear. The tension that had been building finally reached its zenith. Solipsis is a terror. We can all agree on that. He broke reality. No metaphor, no pun.

While this was happening there were plenty throughout the thread who acknowledged it and had to work their way through the chaos. Amani Serys and Kai Bamarri, who were distant from this particular conflict, still followed along. Dodhorn Haret knew the moment it happened and this only added to the depth and importance of the completion of the Ritual. The Defenders that surrounded Solipsis all responded to this, excellently. But even with the way they were able to capture the terrible severity of their endeavor, there were still moments in which the Maw managed to steal back the crown. The surprising betrayal of Jem Fossk is very worthy of note.

THAT I ONCE USED TO CALL HOME SWEET HOME

The introduction of the Naboo flashback posts with some political writers felt considerably disconnected to begin with, with the first post in that setting not elaborating on when or why it was taking place, and had me thinking they've teleported from Tython. Beside the initial stumble of bad context of what's going on, it became really interesting to read, adding a layer of depth to the Maws attack on Tython and how the nations of the galaxy came together. Eina's story in particular in this annihilation was by far my favourite, feeling wholly separate from the typical tropes Jedi and Sith fall into. There was a slew of mindbogglingly long posts that brought no real flavour to the story, serving only as a headache to read. The effort was certainly there to smash out such gargantuan posts but what is the point of that effort if it does little for the narrative as a whole or teamwork with factions.

This is not to say that the Attackers had no good stories. The Mongrel and Keilara Kala'myr's story was very interesting, Zachariel Steelblood's confrontation with Ingrid was also noteworthy.

Both Attackers and Defenders had many great united plots where together they built compelling stories together. It would be impossible to list all the great stories in this thread, but there are some highlights. Amani Serys and Kai Bamarri vs Surea and then their own escape from danger was a very good read with both sides reacting fairly and building a narrative. Rurik Fel fighting first Halketh and then falling before Darth Solipsis was a memorable end for the character. Project Uriel's fight and then discussion with Alessandra Io was very compelling to read. Darth Mori and Allyson Locke's confrontation brought together a lot of interpersonal history and built on it for this. Kralmus Orr's confrontation with Romul Saxon typified the clash of Enclave and Maw aligned Mandalorians and set a great series of battles in motion. Finally Laoth and Ishida Ashina's confrontation was a great culmination of a long-running story.

THE CHAOSCARS

Most Exciting Writer: Madison Starr

Biggest Co-Op Plot: Amani Serys Amani Serys @ Kai Bamarri vs Surea Surea

Most Villainous Villainy Of Villains: The Mongrel The Mongrel

Most Heroic Hero of Valhalla: Koda Fett Koda Fett

The Sithiest Sith Sither Sithy Sith: Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis

The Guy Making The Jedi Still Relevant: Ryv Ryv

Best Thread Performance: Rurik Fel's Death

Main Raid Healer: Iris Arani Iris Arani

Straight Up Murdering Psycho Please God Stop: Khamul Kryze Khamul Kryze

Best Fly Boy: Liram Angellus Liram Angellus

The Han And Leia Of It All: @Valery and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Most Impressive Newcomer: Aculia Voland Aculia Voland

THE GRAFFIES
(We tried to reject this format but Tef demanded it and said the members deserve it please help us he's off his meds)

The Charles Dickens Poster: Maple Harte Maple Harte .

The Curious Case Of Badjamin Formatter: Thomas Barran Thomas Barran

Floats Like A Butterfly (Took the least hits): Dimitri Voltura

Nobody Cares About Page Claimers:
3-way tie between Amani Serys, Kahlil Noble, & Thomas Barran

Edgiest Edger Of The Dark, Sith Lord: Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren

Most Likely To Be Seen Listening To 'Pumped Up Kicks': RIP Carlyle Rausgeber RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

Diplomatic Nightmare: Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe . My notes say "you know why you're here."

if they're watching anyways
yeah this was fun

Huge shoutout to all of the faction staff teams who came together to make this happen. The energy and communication brought to the thread was just fantastic.

+1 to site staff for such a quick judgement, and just the general support. Yeah, I have the @everyone tag turned off on the site discord (smh tef) but the little announcements of support and congratulations were never unwelcome. Thanks, Tefka.

Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe yeah you know why you're there

Ryv Ryv see you space cowboy

and yeah, you. you're great. love you. love your writing. keep going.

Cool beans.

Big shoutout to the admin team for putting in all the hard work of reading through all of our stories. That also goes for all the writers who took part, I really enjoyed viewing all of the great stories put out.

Erion Justeene Erion Justeene big thanks to you for taking Silas on short notice and making a memorable duel out of it. I'll have to take you up on that rematch further down the line

Remain steadfast and you are never without hope
stands up on a fake stage jumping around in a flight suit made up to look like a tuxedo

Woo! Yeah! Wow! This was unexpected! So many people to thank! I wanna thank the Academy! The Liberation's Captain for giving me some great shoes to fill! Thanks to all those who believed in me! Wow! I wasn't expecting this! WOO! THANK YOU!

All kidding aside, great work on all fronts and MAD respect to the staff for churning through this headache of an event. You guys are machines!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom