Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion The secret to a good relationship... (RTL Dominion of Praesitlyn)

Calix of Thyrsus

C

The banners of the Jedi were streaming along the vaulted walls of the ancient chamber.

The Jedi temple was alive with the sound of life and celebration. A return to the ways of old, when tournaments of skill were held to distinguish between the Jedi hopefuls and the Jedi hopeless.

The whirling hum of lightsabers seemed to electrify the air. The crack and clash of plasma blades beating the rhythm of the war drums. A small gathering of knights and padawans had circled around where a pair of boys sparred in the round. Of the audience, these were the Jedi of tomorrow -- the New Jedi Order that had cast down the oppressive shackles of the Sith Empire and ushered in a new era of peace and democracy throughout the Core.

The larger of the boys was Anduin, an Echani. Fourteen and already padawan to a Jedi knight. A shock of white hair framed the alabaster skin. A pair of sapphire-like eyes peered out with cold fire.

His opponent was also a child of Eshan, though his opposite in every way. His Thyrsian heritage shining from behind golden eyes burned as bright as stars. His skin kissed by the sun. Hair, course, mahogany of color. Barely eleven years of age, not yet a padawan, yet holding his own.

Anduin started forward. His size making him like a Goliath moving upon David and fueling an overhead swing that threatened to overpower the smaller Echani. But the Thyrsian youth was fleet-footed, his movements like that of a dancer as he stepped off to the side. His training saber angled back as he brought it up in a watershed block that pushed Anduin's blade aside.

It created an opening, into which he neatly stepped through. His lightsaber brought around and then forward, an overhead strike as he pressed the advantage. The attack drove the larger boy back, his desperate leap robbing him of balance as he careened into the audience behind him, stumbling and falling arse-over-backwards. The sight of which sparked the audience to laughter.

Still clutching at his training saber, the Thyrsian youth had watched the scene transpire with a kind of detachment. His throat warm as he sucked in breath, felt his heart racing inside his chest.

A hand reached out, grabbing his wrist and pulling his sword arm up into the air. As the boy's gaze turned upward, he saw a knight with a mass of dark hair smiling over him as the man raised the boy's arm in a triumph that signaled the end of the match. There was a small smattering of applause, while others helped Anduin back to his feet.

For his part, the Thyrsian was confused. This was his first time taking part in a tourney such as this. Or even seeing such a thing as the velocities, the trials, the games taking place across the temple as Jedi celebrated what it was to be a Jedi.

The boy felt the man's hand slip out of his own.

He was going away.

Stretching out his arm, the boy turned his head to reach out for the man...

...and he found himself somewhere else.

Another Jedi temple. But this world, this was not Coruscant. There were trees. Flowers. It was almost wild, as though the planet were not inhabited.

You will go to the Binaros System.

A voice.

Familiar.

Why was it familiar? He turned his head, trying to look for who it was that had spoken, but now found himself in a hospital. A different world. One with people lining the beds, their skin green or gray. Stricken and pained, as a Kaminoan tended to them.

No, this was familiar.

This was why they had come. This was why they had been going... going to...

You will go to the Binaros System.

2V9Lj58.png

PRAESITLYN

Objective: 3 Find a resolution to the troubles
Weapon: 'Revy', "The Klaive" - PDW
Equipment: PCA/EA, Priddy Plates, x2 Hutt Cartel Kidnap Jabber Rings-One on either hand, Force Warning Necklace Pendant, Paralyzing Lipstick, ENVC-370 Bodyglove, Tinfoil Hat Band, Earsculpt Comlink, Magno-grip Formal shoes
Augmentation: PGEM-SAP "Amber Eyes"
Ships: 1 Paltry Star Destroyer, 1 Bellicose Class-Frigate, 2 CR90 MK VIII Assualt Corvettes, 3 DP20 MK VI Siege Corvettes, 4 Disruptor MK III Class Corvettes
Aboard the Star Destroyer: Mercenary Marine troops, 3 squadrons of Multi-role Droid Starships, 1 squadron of Sensor Droid Starships

The doors opened behind her, the captain directing his attention briefly to the new face before glancing to Niki as she smiled. The step and cadence with which the body entered gave her plenty to go off of as to who they were. A hand rising between herself and the commanding officer as he turned away to direct his attention to the scans.

Her form turned sharply, twisting her legs before she faced the Ranger Marine that had announced themselves aboard her vessel. She'd almost forgotten she'd taken a small number of them aboard. Thus it was her responsibility to address them she supposed.

"Welcome, Ranger Sebastian. I am Niki Priddy. As it stands the Ranger Battalions are currently awaiting for the smaller vessels in our fleet element to break atmosphere and deliver you aground. As it were we-" Began her explanation before she was cut off.

"Distress signal from...a single escape pod." The sensor pit called out.

"A single pod? Strange given the number of vessel's that have passed through here." She mused openly. Her left arm wrapping around her waist as the other came to her chin. Amber eyes aglow as she stood over the sensor pit and examined the scopes from afar.

"That seems like an issue itself." Matthew reported from the other side, glancing between Niki and the Ranger.

"Mm. Lo-Notar might have a few hissing words from beyond about the situation. Old scale hide would be right upset should we miss the opportunity to greet those awaiting us." The curl of her lip was anything but trouble waiting to be let loose.

"Orders Ma'am?" The captain was growing impatient, wishing to help the disabled escape pod.

"Reporting engine issues with the escape pod." The sensor pit informed them. Drawing the attention of the captain once more.

"All hands to their stations. Do not ready the guns or show signs of preparation. Dispatch two see-ar nineties to investigate and have them prepare to engage shields along with their SLAM drives. This doesn't feel right." She added before turning her attention to the Ranger once more.

"The ground can wait. What are you qualifications for the Ranger course and training if you don't mind my asking, Sebastian?" She was trailing him along a certain line of questions as two CR-90's broke away from formation to head deeper inside the mess ahead of them.

The large Star Destroyer ambling forward and taking care to use its Tractor repulsors to push Asteroids out of its fleet path as they pressed forward.

The Sensor Droids at the fringes of the system began to deploy their nets, going into low power mode before scanning for transmissions and power signatures while staying with communication laser range between each other. The Paltry keeping an eye on their positions as it began to spin up the starfighter droids inside its hangar for deployment. The droids buzzed happily as they readied themselves.

Last edited:

PHASE THREE-RESOLVE SOURCES OF TENSION​

"My training?". Seba asked with what can be described as a surprised tone. By the time he did that, the guy discovered he was still wearing his helmet, so he decided to remove it for some time. Save some pressured oxygen. The reason he talked in that way is mostly that he expected his personal case should be already read by people with who he should work. But RTL never had strict procedures, so that was fine. "An advanced ground and space combat training and an extreme piloting course for some corvettes from the Open Market. I also have experience with explosives, remoted including, since I was in the service of mining companies If you ever read the report I wrote based on the events on the superminer Osaga, you may know more. That's all I can tell.". Van Ruud reported, taking note about the lifepod. Seems like he is going to join a tactical ground group, which was pretty fine as Sebastian was already sick of space after the Osaga.

Last edited:
Calix of Thyrsus

The sensations were growing stronger, more disparate, and more complex. Alana frowned and half-closed her eyes, feeling through the Force. Vague sensations flickered through the Force.

Resolve, confusion, misdirection. Something urgent? Something worrying? A quest perhaps? What could it have been?

"Can we go faster?" Alana asked, opening her eyes. "Something more than search and rescue stands balanced on this."

"What is it?" The driver asked, speaking through the comm system in the headphones.

"I... don't know," Alana admitted. "The Force isn't usually like... technology." Her mind raced for words to try and explain it. "Much more like feelings, sensations, instincts." She scrabbled for words as she tried to put into words. "Some Jedi are much more in tune with themselves and the Force than I am can discern more, usually from experience. But I've never been that good at it."

"Yeah, we can push faster, but might overshoot," the petty officer explained, yelling over the wind that streamed past them.

"Ah," Alana said, eyes half-closed again, "I think we will be alright." The only response was the sensation of gravity pushing her back against the seat as the speed accelerated.

The roar of the wind changed into a higher tone that whistled past her, and her hair lashed against her goggles. The sensations were growing closer now, but still at a distance.

Not much longer now. Even the engine was whining under the strain now, its rpms pushed to the maximum as it hurtled them forward at the vehicle's maximum speed capacity.

Sebastian van Ruud Sebastian van Ruud Niki Priddy Niki Priddy
THE IVPIKKIS- DP-20 FRIGATE

A low sibilant hiss echoed across the bridge of the vessel. It was the laughter of a man-sized lizard that strode from the shadows of the bridge. It was not a Trandoshan, but it towered over the hulking Trandoshan figures. An eyepatch covered one eye and his snout was laced with scars. Two tendrils protruded from its nostrils and its one gleaming eye shone with anticipation. Light gleamed off its golden scales.

The Trandoshans turned with anticipation to the Ssi-Ruu figure as its tongue licked its lips.

"Two ships have broken off, Captain, corvette class, judging by the size of them."

"Very good," the high, sibilant voice hissed as the Ssi-Ruu studied the readouts. "Prepare the ambush. Wait until in range to open fire. Remain adrift, like a piece of wreckage, until then."

Two clawed hands rubbed together in anticipation. "I fear our presence has drawn too much attention for our hunt in this system. A Star Destroyer class is one, yes. We can savage them, but only if they were alone."

There was a growl of disbelief from the Trandoshan crews around him. "Do not fear, my brothers, the Scorekeepervalues cunning hunts more than those that bring death. We must be predators that prey upon the herd of mammalians whose stench plague the galaxy."

There was a cheer and the Trandoshans turned to their consoles, eager with anticipation. The Ssi-Ruu leaned forward and studied the scanners. They would wait until the two ships were in range and then the ship would pop to life with a barrage of turbolasers and ion missiles split between the two CR-90s.

The bridge of the ship echoed with a roar of bloodlust and the thrill of the hunt as the viewscreens lit up with the light of turbolaser blasts hissing through space. A small group of small ships detached from the frigate and hissed around the warship in anticipation of sweeping in for the kill... and the harvest.

Calix of Thyrsus

C

Ground Control to Advenna Avis...

They were departing Coruscant, heading to Khomm.

A commercial transport. A friend of Master Harand. Someone he knew. Something about an incident on Alderaan and Master Harand still owing him for the bar tab.

Take your protein pills and put your helmet on...

Calix was riding up in the cockpit, beside the pilot. He'd never the cockpit of a transport ship before.

...ten, nine, eight, seven, six...

Commencing countdown, engines on...

She told him what to press. He'd felt the ship start to come alive.

...five, four, three...

Check ignition and may the Force be with you...

He'd grown up in the Jedi Temple. It was strange, looking at the canopy and seeing it along the Coruscant skyline. Leaving.

...two, one, liftoff...

Take-off.

No, a crash?

Calix was lying in an escape pod. Or was he on a planet?

I'm stepping through the door and I'm floating in a most peculiar way...

A door. A window. A sky. A void.

And the stars look very different...

2V9Lj58.png

PRAESITLYN

Equipment: PCA/EA, Priddy Plates, x2 Hutt Cartel Kidnap Jabber Rings-One on either hand, Force Warning Necklace Pendant, Paralyzing Lipstick, ENVC-370 Bodyglove, Tinfoil Hat Band, Earsculpt Comlink, Magno-grip Formal shoes
Ships: 1 Paltry Star Destroyer, 1 Bellicose Class-Frigate, 2 CR90 MK VIII Assualt Corvettes, 3 DP20 MK VI Siege Corvettes, 4 Disruptor MK III Class Corvettes
Aboard the Star Destroyer: Mercenary Marine troops, 3 squadrons of Multi-role Droid Starships, 1 squadron of Sensor Droid Starships

The two vessels began to slow, each on the flanks of the vessel as they plotted their trajectories away from the pod. The order to prepare their SLAM drives coming as they ground to a halt. The scanners of each vessel set to the pod itself as they tried to find life signs aboard while the engine crew began to switch the systems over.

The first lances of turbolaser fire rocked each vessel harshly. The engine crew stumbling about as the fire control suite began scrambling. The commanding officer of each vessel breaking into their action procedures as the engines shut off briefly. A sure sign that each strike from the turbolasers had struck true.

The Ion missiles would come close to the ships, the point defense systems of both engaging while they still had the power to do so. The vessel closer to the source being struck in several places while the father target only receiving two strikes. The closer vessel shimmering their lights in the void of space before the system became overloaded and engaged the safety systems to prevent catastrophic failures.

The net had been cast to late to find the source as the support drones cast about for the enemy acosting their assigned vessels. The Paltry Star Destroyer continuing forward as the rest of the contingent took notice of the assault.

Communications were sent in short order back and forth between the vessels. The artificial intelligence aboard each vessel quickly relaying what remained of the information that was presented by the CR90'S that had been caught flat footed.

The assembled vessels broke away from the Star Destroyer, moving forward carefully as the weapons aboard each bristled to life and turrets swiveled back and forth searching for targets.

The Hangar of the Paltry Star Destroyer let loose the first contingent of Multi-role Starfighter Droids, the squadron slowly exiting as they formed up behind the Bellicose. Once assembled in complete unity, their programming devised a plan with suggestions from the fire control systems aboard the Paltry. They broke away from the main fleet, weaving in and out of the asteroids with their bomblet generators active first.

The second squadron of the droid starfighters waited patiently as their rack shook and lowered into position inside the hangar.

The sensor and communication pits came to life aboard the Star Destroyer as Niki split her attention between the incoming reports and the Ranger speaking to her. Removing his helmet, her eyes narrowed, finally putting a face to the name he provided. Beginning to explain the pertinent details regarding his training and expertise.

The way he phrased it however caught her attention.

"I'll have to request for the document then in order to review it. I'm a separate entity from the Rimward Trade League. Not a part of their military in any true fashion. Any reports they have don't pass my eyes freely." Her smile was wide at revealing the nature of her relationship with the League.

"We have lost contact with one of the see-ar nineties. The other is preparing to activate their drive." The communication pit piped up as her amber colored eyes slid over to the Captain.

"Make sure to capture whoever the perpetrators are as best you are able. I would like to have a word with them." Her tone easy despite the growing anxiety of the crew around them. Reports and coordinates being tossed around the background freely now as she returned her gaze to Sebastian.

"Hoping to score points with the League?" Matthew bothered to ask, keeping his helmet on.

"Mm. No. Going to offer them a job rather than just obliterating them outright. Give them a sporting chance at least. Unless they prove to be to feisty at least." The curl of her smile turned wicked now, chewing on the end of her thumbnail to stem the growing headache as best she could.

"I don't believe they will be receptive to negotiations since they've likely ran down so many vessels, Ma'am." The captain informed her plainly, splitting his attention momentarily.

"Droid starfighters are deployed and moving through the asteroids." The sensor pit reported as Niki let her gaze shift quickly to them.

"Have the droids target engines and gun emplacements as best they are able. I sincerely want to negotiate. Or at least bring someone back to be accountable." She spoke sharply, letting a sigh escape her lips.

The first droid starfigher squadron would survey the asteroids with ease, and upon finding the offending vessels would swarm to train their weapons on engines and guns as they had been ordered.

The next squadron of droid starfighters began to filter out, matching a similar pattern to the first gathering around the Star Destroyer. The Star Destoyer was still creeping through the asteroid field and using their repulsor tractor beams to shove larger rocks out of the way.

The remainder of the fleet filtering forward and waiting to engage something.

"As for you Ranger Sebastian, I am a corporate entity and you are aboard a private military vessel that is assisting the Rimward Trade League as their continued prosperity benefits myself and them. I merely have a steady supply of military assets to provide given I am a producer and engineer of such fine items." She shrugged lightly, leaning her hip against the nearest station as she smiled to the man.

Inara Basai Inara Basai Calix of Thyrsus

"Signal coming in strong!" Alana called over the comms devices to the rest of the crew. "We're close now."

"Keep your eyes peeled!" The petty officer in charge of the team called out and the others nodded. Their electrobinoculars scoured the horizon in regular patterns, making sure to check every meter of visible land.

"Smoke! Point one-two-five," one of the medicals called out.

"More at Point Three-Three-Seven," came one of the scan techs, watching the horizon between studying the screens. "We're in the debris field for whatever happened."

"Signal lock," the petty officer added, adjusting the course of the speeder vehicle. "Prepare for medical deployments."

"Aye, petty officer," the answer came back in a chorus. Alana lifted her own electrobinoculars and studied the azimuth indicated on the sensor tracer. She could feel the ripples in the Force now, and the strange sensations she was picking up.

The outline of an escape pod grew more clear as they approached and she stared at the area around the pod. After a moment, she paused.

"A child, I think?" Alana said after a moment. "Someone very young, at least."

The medics nodded and turned to their kits, adjusting their equipment and medical supplies to smaller dosages and tools.

Alana leaned out past the edge of the speeder as the wind whipped her hair behind her, as the vehicle began slowing down to come to a stop in the clearest space.

"Go, go, go!" The petty officer called as the speeder ground to a halt and the team spilled from the speeder in a highly coordinated moment. Two spread out in spirals to search for other survivors, while the others hurried towards the fallen youth. Alana hung back at first, her eyes scouring the horizon for anything else. She could feel the life force present in the youth, so she was not entirely worried. There was something else, though, some urgency.

As the medical droid and medics went over the youth, Alana closed her eyes and reached out in the Force. It was hard, this part of the Jedi skills, and she bit her lip in concentration, clearing her mind and emotions to let the Force guide her. Her instincts and nerves fought it with every instinct, but she separated her mind from those sensations, to touch the unconscious mind.

Was there some other threat? Some warning?

Last edited:
Niki Priddy Niki Priddy Sebastian van Ruud Sebastian van Ruud
DP-20 Frigate The Ivpikkis
Swarm-Class Fighters

"Droid fighterssss, inbound, oh wissse one," one of the bridge technicians said. "No life signs detected." There was an audible sound of disappointment from the others on the bridge, Trandoshans and Ssi-Ruu alike.

"Very well," the Captain said, nose tendrils flicking the air in irritation. "Deploy the Swarm. Leave them behind if need be. There's always more mammalssss." That brought a roll of rough, cruel laughter echoing across the bridge.

The swarms of small droid fighters whistled into the asteroid field, the odd triangular shape moving rapidly and in clusters, although lightly armed with laser cannons, to hunt down the opposing droids. It would remain to be seen if there was going to be any advantage from the entechment technology that trapped sentient life-energies were trapped in the devices, giving them an organic brain. If any Force-sensitives were in range, they would feel the pain and anguish of the beings trapped into mechanical bodies and forced to fight.

"Incoming fire!" The Captain braced himself against the edge of his command console as the incoming barrage of weaponry from the fighters hammered the shields. "Shields depleted and damage to several weapon emplacements."

That brought a disapproving hiss from the Captain and his reptilian eyes focused on the display, calculating. "Begin calculating a jump to speed. We will need new hunting grounds. Focus all fire on the damaged corvette! Kill what mammals we can before we flee. The Ssssscorekeeper and Keeramak will approve. Even the mightiest hunters must choose their prey with cunning." "

His words were cold and harsh and the gunners adjusted their aim to focus on the most heavily impacted corvette as the hyperdrive spun up and the navigator calculated an escape vector.

In the end, Inara had sent the elderly woman away with some medication that would help with inflammation and pain relief. She watched as the son escorted his mother from the medical tent and wondered if changing one person's mind would make a difference. Ever the optimist, she decided that, yes, it could make a difference. With a smile on her face, she cleaned up her station and readied it for the next patient.

"Okay, next!" she called, and waved a woman and child into her station. "Hi, I'm Inara." Her smile grew. "How can I help today?"

"Well," the woman began. "My son has been having rather a lot of stomach aches lately." The little boy nodded to confirm.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that,"
Inara said, and knelt down to the boy's level. "But we'll get you fixed up right away."

Once her new patient was settled on the exam table, Inara took a quick moment to search the data collected by the medical teams across the planet. With small clinics available like this, they'd easily be able to track any trends. It seemed there were several notes about viruses, but they seemed to be the common sort -- small pockets of cases, nothing on a wide scale. Inara set about checking vitals and making notes of symptoms, all of which seemed to be fairly mild, thankfully.

"You've been very brave today,"
she said to her patient. "Here, take this --" Inara reached into a box and produced a small bear plush; it was emblazoned with a RTL badge.

Working with the crews was important. Her adopted uncle, one of the men her father served with pre-carbonite, was always telling her, that since she was with the Force it may make her be seen as a leader of any soldiers she was with. And that translated perfectly fine into industry as well. She was a Starchaser, that mighty bloodline, put her in some different straits. But she was not a warrior. Kaia could be a protector, but she was happy being the sometimes hero of the space ways, a navigator, and someone who could work with anyone.

"Roger that, ground, Pulsar on our way. Leading a few others, we'll put down." She looked back at her droid and the crew aboard. "Lets move the heavy gear off first, and meet with Xam."

Where could they use it? Well, she was assuming they'd need to do some clearing out of the mess, then drop everything back in. Maybe the beams can be used for starting a roadway.

The Red YT-2400 didn't take long before it was close to landing, the thrusters being traded out for repulsors as she set down. The gangway opened and Kaia was following her workers out. They always wanted to be first off. She wasn't that aggressive of a pilot… As she stepped out, her loose black hair was blasted with another repulsor as her other ships were making low orbit hovering passes.

Xam Jubb Xam Jubb

2V9Lj58.png

PRAESITLYN

The closer of the two vessels shimmered with fire. Atmosphere venting into space as smaller explosions inside the vessel caused a chain reaction that ended with the vessel imploding. The second of the two suddenly cut off from the AI aboard their sibling vessel and slowly letting their mix of rage and anxiety drive them all the harder.

The preparations for their SLAM drive finished as they leapt forward out of trajectory for follow up shots. The smaller vessel of the fleet skimming across the surface of an asteroid as a gouge appeared along the bottom edge of the ship in its haste to escape.

The flash of light was not missed by Niki, facing away from the viewport behind her as the bridge shone ever so slightly with the vibrant display of the first vessel exploding. The only sign of her reaction being the slight twitch of her eyes.

"Do we have a roster for those aboard that vessel?" A useless question, only meant to assure those around her she wasn't entirely heartless about the matter.

"Affirmative Ma'am. The other vessel is moving out of the area as we speak." The communication pit informed her. The bridge crew seemed far more invigorated than they had previously, the rigid formalities seeming to fall away little by little as the voices around them picked up more and more.

"Send them a parting gift, Captain." Her tone now less than pleased as the volume had picked up.

"Meeting room?" Matthew asked before seeing her nod sharply. She stood and stretched before moving past the Ranger and opening the door.

"Come along. I'll give you a briefing where it's a bit quieter since you didn't catch the first one." Her demeanor shifting to annoyance the longer she stood on the bridge.

"Heavy turbolasers. Target the asteroids around that engine signature. Staggered sets of three. On my mark." The captain barked as the fire control team roared their joy.

"Coordinating data for triangulation. No direct vectors of fire. Calculating for best dispersion values on the local asteroids." The sensor pit began feeding data to the gunners, the Captain waiting with a white knuckle grip on his terminal.

"Make it good Captain. We aren't the only ones who lost people." She informed the man. The sharp nod in return was all she saw before leading the way to a meeting room towards the back of bridge. The last remnants of what could be heard from the bridge as they walked away was the booming voice of the man at the helm.

"Mark!"

The heavy turbolasers would not reach the pirate vessel attempting escape. Instead, a first barrage of three turbolaser bolts would collide with a trio of Asteroids around the vessel. Shortly after, another volley of three in a similar fashion to another trio of Asteroids. This would continue until the vessel escaped or succumbed to the shattering of Asteroids around it and signaled for a cease fire.

The droid starfighters had their bomblet generators active, some falling to the enteched life force driven fighters as they relayed the information to the second squadron of droid fighters. The second squadron engaged their cannons rather than the bomblet generators, pairing off to strike at the enemy fighters as more of the bomblet droids were dispatched and fell into Asteroids around them.

The entirety of the contingent was still manuevering through the field, fanatically searching as the guns swiveled and searched for a target to shoot at, none daring to draw close enough to the fire descending from the Star Destroyer behind them.

Niki Priddy Niki Priddy Sebastian van Ruud Sebastian van Ruud
DP-20 Frigate The Ivpikkis
Swarm-Class Fighters

The frigate rocked and shook under the return as the one corvette imploded under the barrage. A hiss of approval snaked its way through the bridge and the Ssi-Ruu captain's tendrils flared in excitement.

"Many killssss for the Ssscorekeeper!" One of the Trandoshans hissed from his gunnery station, but then he frowned as heavy turbolasers rocked past them. "Their targeting algorithms are sssssuboptimal! Let ussss return for the kill."

The ship shuddered and alarms blared as great chunks of asteroid slammed into the hull. "Ssshields down!" One of the bridge officers called in alarm, his scaly skin shimmering in the red light of the alarms.

Another barrage of asteroid debris hammered against the hull and sections of the hull went dark.

"Jump to hyperssspace!" The Ssi-Ruu called, his voice hissing over his needle-like teeth. "We have not yet made up for our ssshame."

"The hull!"

"Do it! Do it now!"

Venting oxygen and fires burning from the holes punched in the hull from the asteroid, the ship's engine whined, growled, and then limped into hyperspace, leaving a trail of gases, debris, and reptilian remains, as well as the enteched fighters behind.

Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser

Xam shaded his eyes with his hand as the freighters came in close to the landing zone, thrusters sending a hot wind racing across the area. Flight techs hurried over to where the freighter hovered as Xam waved them over.

"Get that topsoil stabilized!" He called over the sound of the engines as the ship settled and the boarding ramp lowered. He adjusted his jacket and double-checked his datapad. "We are now five minutes behind schedule, everyone! Let's get this thing up and running! My favorite reruns are supposed to be on the net this evening and I won't be able to watch them if this isn't functioning properly!"

That done, he lowered his datapad and walked over to the ship, holding out his hand. "Xam Jubb. Glad to finally meet you, Captain."

She had grown up more around the Chiss, but when her father returned and after the wars he lead, she had become very accustomed to Sullustans, as honor guards at the very least, but as Starchaser Enterprises did hire many of them, on top of the Mon Calas and other Alliance-centric races. She was more than happy work with them. They stood for the same things she did, and they all worked hard. As she found ground she smiled.

When her hair was blown around she took a second to sigh. Her eyes, a mix of the dark of her mother's and the blue of her father's rolled around. She put her hands up to tie her hair back for a second before continuing to smile at Xam Jubb. She wasn't familiar with this family, the ones she knew best being Kunn and Sovv, but all the same was grateful he was here.

"Same, same Xam! Glad to be here. The other ships can hold in low geo sync orbit. We have some equipment, is it safe to unload here?" She wanted to get the gear installed and get everything moving as fast as she could. Not that she was in a hurry, but because there was a need.

Xam Jubb Xam Jubb

"Safe to land?" Xam grunted at the question and stamped his booted feet on the ground, head cocked to listen and feel the response. "Hmm as close as any wild rock can be." He finally assented with a shrug and twitch of his ears. "But I take no responsibility for any damage that may occur, nor does the ORDC."

That was a standard disclaimer, usually reserved for contracts, but as assistant project manager, he felt it necessary to often clarify their position. The League was doing good work, but the Rim was still full of hustlers and scoundrels who wouldn't think twice about fleecing honest people, let alone an entity like the ORDC.

"We're getting it braced beneath the surface," Xam explained, "But it's not finished yet. Shouldn't take more than an hour, or I'll be kicking some folks in the backsides, leastaways."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right." She laughed as the ship had touched down. She had a few other ideas for what were in the larger haulers. "Going to trust you, Jubb." While it was meant in jest, she wasn't certain that the jest would carry over and forced a small laugh. "Nah, we aren't gonna charge ORDC for anything. Ships have repulsor power for days. Gives me an idea though."

She was a Starchaser, her family's name was synonymous with Corellia, and the Rim, ironically. They'd been around, working with Sullust for so long, then the ORC/OPA. Kaia remained out here as it was what was part and parcel of a Warden of the Skies to do. But her family was going to do what they could to protect the Rim and help do what they could to develop it. Or… at least reinforce it. Most Rim worlds were handling their own business and keeping some of the wild areas wild, as her brother would say, was important.

"Lets hold off on the large equipment then." From the Pulsar came a few SERGIOs and some other material, duracrete mixes and alusteel beams. As the last ones came off, she signaled for the Pulsar to return to orbit, to clear off the landing area. "Alright, where do we want to get this roadway going?"

Xam Jubb Xam Jubb

Xam's eyes narrowed at first, frowning over the edge of his datapad, but then shook his head with a small laugh. "Very well then. We can accept your help then. Too many other people trying to bilk credits from us."

It was his job to sort them out before they reached the actual project managers. They were mostly in ships in orbit coordinating across multiple systems. It was the assistant project managers who did all the groundwork.

Problem solvers and con-detectors, was what they were. Brawlers sometimes as well. The Outer Rim could get dicey, and contractors weren't always the most well-polished individuals. Then again, neither were assistant project managers.

He pulled up a holoprojector and displayed a general map of the area, gesturing to the large central dot. "This is us." He pushed another button and several more dots appeared in a wide ring. "These are the closest communities that will be having most of the initial work on getting the ICC up and running."

Terrain markers appeared and he traced a route with one finger. "This avoids much of the heavy environmental manipulation. So we'll start with this one. A little more indirect, but will be cheaper to maintain in the long run."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom