Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Return | TRE/SJO Invasion of Dromund Kaas OOC

[member="Mishka Larraq"] i am fighting the military force they have, the duels do not decide this battle as stated in the opening. By the time they reach the duels well there won't be much point to the dueling nobody has challanged me to.

[member="Catherine Soja"]

About 80-90% of the Sith at the Citadel objective are directly leading NPC forces that are prong through Jedi NPC armies in point blank / melee combat (aka, friendly fire close). There are only... What? 2-3 that are actually dueling 1v1 without NPCs?

It's true that nobody (that I have noticed anyway) has pointed armored/mechanized units directly at your forces, I wouldn't go so far as to say that you've gone unchallenged. Almost all of the Sith posts in the last 3 pages involve intimate details about sith soldiers and leaders butchering Jedi as they fight at point blank ranges, and none have claimed to have completely wiped out the NPC forces they are plowing through....

Sooo... Friendly fire.

Lots and lots of friendly fire.

[member="Mishka Larraq"] well no cause again the melee loosk to be deep in the temple I am outside. But hey if we wanna make up excuses so one side wins then the games rigged and not worth it.

Edit: also note if they are so effective in melee at killing jedi they will run out of melee targets. once they do they get blasted. Also most soldiers in the armies do not fight with melee weapons.

[member="Catherine Soja"]

Larraq is just trying to be helpful. I would ask you to refrain from posting in the OOC thread if you cannot remain cordial to your fellow writers. Poor OOC behavior is also counted against your factions in invasions, as some groups have learned the hard way recently.

I'll look into the ground side of the invasion a little more as I work on my next post, and I'll see then if there are any issues to be addressed. I will say now, though, if writers are focused on individual dueling, then they may not register macro actions from their perspective unless it's directly affecting them. Nothing wrong with that.

Mishka Larraq said:
You... Sure you wanna go that route? From what I can tell, the Sith/Jedi are in a tight melee/point blank combat. By and large, the Sith PCs seem to have the upper hand in chewing through Jedi defenders and pushing them back, but the duels all seem to be holding even.
If you try to pounce a massed artillery/bombing run upon the Sith, it won't even be a case of danger-close bombardments, it will be massive friendly fire. Like, the kind you get court marshalled for. Even if you're just pushing more infantry into the fight from superior positions, you'd still likely just be evening up the stakes in the bloody melee in terms of number of NPCs still standing.
:|
Ah but Larraq.

The Jedi have the high ground.

[member="Iris Drathrul"] Maybe you could consider joining the SJ; I'm sure that's what [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], [member="Arisa Yune"] and everyone else in the SJ would want.

[member="Mishka Larraq"] To be fair, these RE PCs' coverage of the Citadel is limited; their perspective has been equally limited. Most of the RE PCs in the Citadel chose their landing zones to be as close to the SJ PCs on the ground as possible. I can't blame them IC for choosing to make their insertion as close as possible to the objective while their respective landing zones are hot. As far as I can tell, however, they did acknowledge they were taking thousands (that's in page 2; it may even be five-digit by now) in casualties. But yes, friendly fire is still a thing.

[member="Catherine Soja"] Given the above, just use some repeaters (railgun, blasters, either will do the job just fine).

[member="Yidhra"]

I'm sorry, I know it sounds like a convenient excuse but real life has been my priority recently, namely; relationship issues. I'll have a post to you around tomorrow noon GMT, you have my word ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom