Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campaign The Reclamation War: Bending Feathers | Mandalorian Enclave

lyran3obj1.png

smalldivdark.png

Before the meeting

"Is it possible to replace Exonium in their food preparation with a substitute? We could offer them such a trade to secure future allotments."
"I have no idea, but it shouldn't be an issue. Exonium has been mined here since the Old Republic era, and yet they are nowhere near close to exhausting the resource. I don't know for certain, but I guess it renews fairly quickly. There should be plenty to share. Plus, if we can promise them protection, maybe some training, I'm sure they'd be amenable. Just try not to look down on the Rishii. Much of the Galaxy views them as barbaric and primitive, but they are still intelligent and rather friendly. Quite spiritual as well. Honestly, I kinda can't help but wonder what it would look like to see a Rishii Mandalorian."

Present

Corbin calmly held his helmet in his hands. He didn't react to the news that something... unpleasant was going on. He had felt something wrong, but it had been faint. He had chosen to ignore it. The meeting had seemed more important. What had happened?

Using a subtle weaving of the Force, he carried a whisper over to Vren and Speaker Runi. Mimicry training with Cousin Pyeth and Master Tiland had really paid off. "I sear, if it was one of those green vod'ika... They need discipline. If they don't get it together, they'll end up acting just like Sith! But I'm jumping to conclusions. Maybe it isn't that bad..." He certainly hoped none of the troublemakers had decided to come along and start attacking the citizens for no reason. That was what the Sith and the Empire did, and they were both enemies of the Enclave. Enemies of the Mando'ade in general, as far as Corbin was concerned. Mandalorians were supposed to be the example of the best, not the worst.

He spoke up so the council could hear him. "Whatever is going on, we had nothing to do with it. If any of our people have done any harm, it was not sanctioned, and we will deal with it." He looked to Nadira. "You know I would not knowingly allow harm to come to your people." They were both part of a certain organization within the Rimward Trade League, even if this was their first time meeting directly in person.

Nadira looked into Corbin's eyes. She knew he was being truthful. "I believe them. I say we let them sort it out themselves," she said to the other council members. She turned to the Mandalorians. "It seems none of us wish to be enemies. I just ask that you deliver... sufficient justice to the ones committing war crimes on our soil. We would much rather be allies to the Mandalorian Enclave than enemies."

Corbin looked to Vren and Runi. They were technically the ones in charge here. He hoped they still wanted to stay peaceful and not push toward a needless fight. If it came down to it, he would follow the will of the Manda and protect the Rishi people.

lyran3obj1.png

"Someone let a Krayt loose or what?"

Zorana rolled her eyes, but was far too busy gunning down the guards who still had the guts to fight back, to respond to the newcomer. If he wanted to get her attention, he'd have to work for it. Yael seemed to agree with that sentiment as well, and they all quickly shifted back into securing the perimeter. Not a difficult job, as more back-up arrived with some heavier weapons. Zorana was enjoying herself because of it, and remained in the air while she shot them down with precisely aimed bolts.

Not quite like spraying fire, though.

Soon enough, none of the Zabraks were left standing, and Zora finally made her way down to rejoin the others. <Four Zabraks? I only got two, but pretty sure I got at least three birds, judging by how loud the screams were,> she said with a huge grin underneath her helmet. The other Mandalorians, however, didn't seem to appreciate her effective strategy as much, and she just sighed in response.

<Fire is effective for crowd control on targets as flammable as the Rishii,> Zora said flatly, but the dude kept going off about it, so she decided to just stop the flamethrowers if that'd keep him quiet.

"You two owe me and Morgan drinks afterward."

"You have to earn your-"

ping

Zora went low, as a projectile struck a helmet and bounced away. She had no idea where the shot came from, so she made herself small and quickly looked for cover. <More trouble!>

3f0dc16183b632ce1ba821222e3f5a2d.png

Avel Som quickly and quietly ran for different cover, now that his spot had been compromised. His guns wouldn't do much good against beskar, not unless he could get a good angle to hit the areas the metal didn't cover. He was a natural marksman, but it was still iffy, and he didn't want to risk losing his cover.

Darkwing sent a thought and image to his mind. More armored people coming. "Those aren't Mandalorian. They're mercs. I reckon that means they're on our side. Hopefully." That changed things a bit.
He suddenly heard some groaning. There was a young male Rishii lying on the ground nearby. His whole body was horribly burned, his feathered singed off. But he was still alive. "Darkwing, need some healing down here." Darkwing swooped down and landed on the leather vambrace on Avel Som's left arm. He could see the ebon hawk's red eyes glow faintly as the bird channeled the Force and healed the Rishii the best he could. The young man was unconscious, but he was breathing and would survive. "Good job, Darkwing. Unfortunately, his feathers will probably never grow back. He'll never be able to fly again... Except maybe with a jetpack. Maybe we can take the armor from one of these thugs to give to him."

With a new sense of determination, his righteous fury rekindled, Avel Som stepped at from behind his cover and began peppering the four mandalorians with slugs from his rifle.

Avel_Som_and_Darkwing.jpg

NAME: Avel Som
TAGS: OPEN

B6EPcpg.png

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Avel Som Avel Som | Gailen Keldau Gailen Keldau | Jas Katis Jas Katis | Morgan Keldau Morgan Keldau | Zorana Zorana | Open
GEARS: In bio

lyran3obj1.png

RISHI, ABRION SECTOR, WILD SPACE

Not the best angle, but with luck he could still...
Nope. The slug pinged of the pauldron of the thug.

PING!

Just as I was getting away from the Zabrak's corpse, a slug scraped the side of my helmet before ricocheting sideways. The Beskar protected my head from any direct damage, but the sound, impact, and shock is still a nightmarish experience. It sent me to a split-second shockwave. It never gets old, getting shot on your vital organs, no matter how often you've been there, no matter how effective your Beskar is. The difference is, when you are used to it, you'll recover immediately and avoid any unwanted situation. I rushed to the nearest cover before scanning the person taking the shot. He looks like a standard human, except there's something about his body proportion that seems off. He is lanky but toned, like it's all muscle and bones and no meat at all. With him is a bird, perhaps an attack hawk. I sprayed a burst of three round particle beam with my hybrid pistol at his direction, before another sound called for my attention.
Moving in on the engagement, it didn’t take long for the squad of mercenaries to make contact with the Mandalorian attackers. ”Why did it have to be them again?” Krast grumbled as he took aim and fired, immediately ducking behind cover.

<They brought a karking squad!>

A squad of what seemingly are highly-armed, professional mercenaries joined the battle on the refinery side. What started as an easy fight turns out to be a challenging, if not a very dangerous one. One of the mercenaries is distinguishably larger than the others, with a certain aura around them. I switched my pistol to single-fire mode and blasted a quick two shots, one to the leftmost soldier, the other to the big one, before taking another cover. On the other side, the man that previously shot his slug at me approached a Rishii that Zorana burnt previously and spoke to his bird.
"Darkwing, need some healing down here." Darkwing swooped down and landed on the leather vambrace on Avel Som's left arm.

As the bird stared at the heavily burnt Rishii, the Rishii slowly stopped his gnawing growl and seemed to be stabilizing. It can't be right? Is that bird a Force-User? That would mean that the man is possibly also an FU. This complicates things even further. I needed the others to engage the mercenaries so I could approach the birdman, and fight him one-on-one. Force Users has always been my bane and my specialty. Growing up around them was never easy, and they always have that unfair power advantage, but at some point, it became their cage. While their growth is limited by the power of the force, mine were propelled even further by the creativity I always have to use to one-up them. I glanced at Gailen and his Basilisk Droid, that would be a great distraction.
<Gailen, I need them to engage the Basilisk!>

smalldivsilver.png

DnA0tMA.png

lyran3obj1.png
Equipment: standard blaster rifle, couple of thermodetonators
Objective: Cause chaos!
Appearance: Armoured
Tags: Open |

"I came in like a wrecking ball!" Rhys sang, "I just closed my eyes and swung!"

The song blasting deafeningly from his ship was a cover from a song he had found while searching the depths of the holonet, it was pretty solid in his mind. It was a song that was currently helping him to focus on his task. He was tagging along with some sort of group of Mandalorians in taking some items from a refinery. Items that others did not want them to appropriate. Being the pirate that he was, this sounded like the exact wheelhouse suited to his skills. He was absolutely going to be helping other Mandalorians loot items.

"You're ashes from the ground." Rhys sang another line, something he couldn't help but chuckle at since it was apt. There did seem to be some ashes of enemies forming from what he could see from his ship.

Rhys landed his ship near where others had landed and stepped out. Still humming the tune but not looking to continue to sing, he never found singing in front of others while on mission went down well. Few people tended to have his cavalier attitude to life. He was much too calm on these matters since life was meant to be fun and thoroughly enjoyed. Looking to where the other Mandalorians, Rhys made his way over. He was cautious and his movements were done with the right level of precision but there was a graceful leap in his step that signified he was having fun with this mission and not necessarily taking this with deadly seriousness.

"Hey, Rhys Swynol, Mando pirate," He introduced himself to the others in a friendly tone, "heard you lot might need some help with shipment issues. How can I help?"

lyran3obj2.png

C R U S A D E R
TRACYN ISLAND | RISHI
Jan Beroya Jan Beroya
qKprTT1.png
Pathetic

He detested what he saw out of this sect of Mandalorians on Rishi. They would rather fight each other for entertainment than conquer the stars. A proud warrior culture once feared as crusaders scattered as mere mercenaries and other petty professions rather than returning to their roots; returning to the old ways.

Were it up to him he’d fight steel and flesh, and make this conglomerate of Mandalorians bend the knee and be recognized as their leader. That would be more than enough to prove his worth to them. More than the beskar and other alloys of their armor. Though he would honor the wishes of his father, lecturing him how there was enough Mandalorian blood spilled from their own kin. Something the Munin Chieftain partook in a few occasions.

To Adenn, however, true to his namesake, not all were worthy of living. Especially those who believed the life of a Mandalorian should be no more than a sellsword.

Adenn and his kin kept to themselves, isolated from the others while offering small nods of respect to those who glanced at them. They spoke only in Concordian between them with small hopes most wouldn’t understand their dialect. Mixed opinions within the group, though they all anticipated in demonstrating their prowess. Their talks were interrupted as a woman approached them, smirking and focused mainly at Adenn. Indeed she had a graceful look on her figure which impressed Adenn as well as her namesake.

“Adenn Munin and these are my warriors,” introducing himself as she had done. “Beroya, huh? A worthy clan unlike many others in the Galaxy,” just as his surname bared some controversy, so did his demeanor and words. “What’re your thoughts of this whole…” He bit his tongue before he could say what he truly wanted to say, “demonstration?”

Much more “diplomatic”.

Though he hoped her thoughts mirrored his own opinions of this…charade.

lyran3obj1.png
Kestri | Refinery
Gear: In bio
Tags: Yael Kandar Yael Kandar | Gailen Keldau Gailen Keldau | Zorana Zorana | Avel Som Avel Som | Rhys Swynol Rhys Swynol

Morgan flashed a grin at Gailen's comment as he lifted his helmet to take a sip as well before stashing his flask in a pouch. At the rate the two greenies were going, neither Morgan nor Gailen had to do much. They seemed to be on top of the world from the look of things.

<Fire is effective for crowd control on targets as flammable as the Rishii,>

Morgan slid his helmet back on and rolled his head to get a kink out of his neck. "You wanna act like a soldier or an animal, shiny?" He commented bluntly as he glanced at the trigger happy Beroya. "What's next, gonna make notches on your helmet?" He pushed forward with his rifle at the ready, joining up with the rest of the team. For a fleeting moment he found himself thinking what his field report would look like, before being reminded of that futility. This wasn't the Empire, and he wasn't a Sixteen anymore. A muffled sigh slipped past his lips.

The two women disposed of the incoming Zabrak mercs quickly enough, though more opposition quickly showed up along with a sniper somewhere overhead. Yael immediately took off to take care of the sniper while the rest were immediately bombarded with a rain of blasterfire from the new arrivals. He recognized their armour immediately. Tython, Panatha, numerous other tours on top of that.

The Empire's contractors for dirty jobs.

:: I'll go overwatch. Gail, Beroya, spread out. Kriffers like their grenades. Use your jetpacks. :: Morgan's cold voice spoke up as he blasted off and landed on a catwalk nearby. Immediately the Keldau's rifle came to life with a burst of particle bolts before a missile launched from his jetpack towards the mercenaries. The only pause from Morgan came when another Mandalorian showed up... rather flamboyantly on top of that.

"Hey, Rhys Swynol, Mando pirate,"

"heard you lot might need some help with shipment issues. How can I help?"

:: Shooting would be a start, my guy! :: Morgan's call chimed in over the comms, followed by another flurry of bolts.

Last edited:

OBJECTIVE: (BYOO) Food and Water

The dragon touched down somewhere on the surface of the planet. He had been flying through hyperspace for several weeks after leaving the graveyard and had grown a bit hungry and thirsty. He approached the edge of a lake and stooped down to drink of the water.
After taking his fill, he walked away, strolling along through the jungle trees. It was quiet. Some instinctive knowledge told him that there should be animals around. Odd. But he was more interested in finding something to eat.
He noticed a certain... delicious scent in the air. Flesh. Roasted, burning flesh. This had the young dragon salivating. He headed in the direction of the savory smells. He paused for a moment, as he finally heard noises.
Peering out from the trees, he spied some kind of manufactured complex. Apparently, some small creatures with shiny carapaces were fighting and killing a bunch of other small people, some with tiny horns, others with feathers. Some were on fire. That had been the source of the delicious smell. He wondered if the shiny people would be willing to share the meat with him. Seemed like there was way more than the four of them could eat by themselves.
He was about to walk out and approach them, when several other carapaced people came out of nowhere and started fighting the four. There was also some skinny person that had leathery skin and a bird. Were they fighting over the food?
The dragon decided to ignore them. If they were going to distract themselves, then he'd just use the opportunity to take some for himself. He calmly walked out to the nearest roasted avian body he could see and began chowing down.
After several weeks without food, it was exquisite.

Last edited:

lyran3obj2.png

Mevia Krayt sighed as she watched... whatever was going on down in the arena. Something something is that multi limbed girl Mandalorian or not. Something something tradition. Of course, Mevia was all about tradition, but she would much rather be watching fighting with blasters instead of fighting with mouths. From her spot in the audience, she sighed in silent sympathy towards the rare alien. As a Chiss, Mevia knew what it was like to feel like a freak in the Galaxy. She stood up, adjusting her buy'ce so that it was resting between her arm and hip. Red eyes blinked slowly towards the Mandalorian who insulted the socially awkward alien. She frowned in disapproval towards his behavior.

I know we are both Enclave, but I could easily challenge him to honorable combat right now... Mandalorians are all cultures and all species under one creed!

"You think he's out of line too?"

Mevia looked down to the seat next to where she had been sitting. Her sister, Elise Krayt, was finishing off a protein bar snack as she looked up to Mevia with equal disgust.

"Whether the arachnid is confused or not, she still wears our armor. She's still one of us. I won't stand for a vod treating a vod like dar'manda either."

Elise shoved the protein bar down her throat as Mevia tensely vented to her older sibling, "He has no right! But I don't want to challenge a fellow Enclave warrior."

Elise gulped her protein bar and smirked up at her, "I am not Enclave."

As Elise stood up, buy'ce in hand, Mevia grimaced, "Grandfather needs the Enclave to look good today."

Elise rolled her eyes, "The Enclave can handle one fool losing a match. Vod or not, he needs put down."

Elise took a step towards him, but Mevia reached and placed a hand on her shoulder, somber. "I know we have our disagreements, but the Enclave could use your passion..."

Elise paused for a long moment, thinking, but sighed remorsefully, "I am loyal to my people of Archais."

She walked towards Rok Detta, leaving Mevia to lower her hand softly. She hated the looking feeling that her sister would be separated by political lines. Today was not that day, not yet, but as much as she had some secret jealousy and resentment towards Elise, she still loved her dearly...

... was this what she was willing to sacrifice for her grandfather's Mandalorian revolution?

Jan Beroya Jan Beroya Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Adenn Munin Adenn Munin @dima

lyran3obj2.png

1NE7Q7Q_d.webp

As she walked away from her little sister, Elise felt foreboding in her bones. She had no real idea of what the Enclave was planning, but the Shaman felt nothing but the angry cries of war in them. She hoped her precious grandfather, who fronted the mobilizing Enclave, was not about to do anything foolish. He was a wise veteran who practiced wise judgement, but she sensed something primal in him of late...

She shook her head free from her cluttered family life as she approached Rok Detta. Head high and fearless, she held her Mandalorian helmet at her stomach as she walked confidently. She stopped several feet away from the hotheaded Mandalorian.

One of Elise's pointed ears twitched before she spoke formally, "I am sure you do not treat most vod like mere beasts. Do you resent my own approach?"

She adjusted her helmet and showed the t-visor to him, "I am Elise Krayt of Clan Krayt. I am a Mandalorian warrior and medic of Archais. Would you prove the Mandalorian Enclave's skill in honorable combat below?"

She jerked her head towards the arena below.

"It would be a great honor for me to test my skills against a representative of the legendary Enclave, my fellow vod."

Of course, she internally knew that there were risks. Her armor was convincing as an unofficial set of Mandalorian armor, but it was far from glorious Beskar'gam. Her vambraces and gauntlets were customized as Mandalorian vambraces, and she had a Maji Ironworks jetpack upon her back, but she was at a weird hybrid stage of Highland Brotherhood soldier and Mandalorian warrior. She spent so many training in multiple forms of combat and skill, she had never taken her Verd'goten. She was born Mandalorian, to two Mandalorian parents, but it was still not the same in her eyes. Regardless, Elise knew that she had to to teach this rude vod a lesson. She had trained her whole life after all. As a Mandalorian, as a soldier, as a Chiss, and as a Shaman. She had multiple tricks up her sleeve, and she was ready to use them to win this practice duel.

Jan Beroya Jan Beroya Adenn Munin Adenn Munin Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Domina Prime Domina Prime

lLcXg5L.png

"You worried she'll loose or something?"

It'd been a long time since he last swung by the Enclave.

Eliz Krayt plopped down casually beside his daughter, his red eyes gleaming as he watched the display below. Watched his other daughter issue her challenge. He'd been gone for too long yet again, entrapped in the politics and survival of the Chiss. Far too involved in the survival of the Chiss. He slipped out a pair of protein bars from his pack, his crushgaunt fanning them out as he offered one towards Mevia.

Except they weren't protein bars. Candy bars. The kind they both loved, and the kind they could only get in Chiss space.

"You should see your face. How's your mother?"

Mevia Vizsla Mevia Vizsla | Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira | Jan Beroya Jan Beroya | Adenn Munin Adenn Munin | Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla | Domina Prime Domina Prime

lyran3obj2.png

"How can you even exist, being the way you are? You simple creature~"

{ Mevia Vizsla Mevia Vizsla | Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira | Jan Beroya Jan Beroya | Adenn Munin Adenn Munin | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt }​

As much as she had grown up over the years, as much as she had learned despite her naive nature. Why was it in moments like these she felt so...small? Yes, the xeno felt lesser now. Having lost interest completely in what was happening around her, her gaze drifting towards the ground and staring at the sand and dirt as the words of Detta reminded her of something Dima had almost forgotten. Or more accurately in this case pushed to the furthest corners of her mind.

She turned her back to the others, her elongated tail drifting through the sand slowly and with purpose as she began etching marks and drawing in the sand with broad strokes of her sharpened tails edge. It would be a strange sight to the Mandalorians around her, a childish display of both boredom and a way to occupy herself so she did not think about how upset she felt as feelings of shame swelled in the core of her chest, practically choking the girl from speaking again as she drew what appeared to be a face in the sands.

She needed to see his face again. For many it was just a random face, but to Domina this was the face of a god. One she had met once before during the battle of Rothana. Her artistic ability honed after many years of scratching her claws against the walls of her ship, etching her chronicles into the very walls of her home since she was a child. Her drawings started out crude but over time, she had learned to add a certain 'touch' to her art. Yes, it was all coming together. The eyes just so, the jaw broad and pronounced...she remembered his hair was black and his eyes burned with cinder. Part of Dima wished she had colors to splash onto the dirt, but as her tail finished the basic details Dimas many eyes stared intensely at the face.

She remembered now...remembered everything. A godling from not so long ago. And the words from his lips still rang like bells in the aliens consciousness.

"Look at you. So short-sighted, blinded by your bloodlust. Did you ever stop to look at the bigger picture, you simple-minded creature? You might fight well, have the anatomy of a Nether-born abomination… but you will never be superior to a thinking, reasonable man." he had told her then...

It was amusing was it not? How these were the words she considered, of the many words that had been spoken to her in such a way. She did find herself wondering about said bigger picture, beyond her mighty hunts, beyond her delusions Dima had to know. Was she truly an abomination?

A silly question really, of course she was. Even as a Mandalorian, after she 'earned' her place among the people and the culture that word always kept coming up. No matter how hard she tried to be precious and sweet for her beloved 'cousins' they still called her out of her name. And behind their visors Dima found herself wondering how many 'thought' the same but just avoided 'saying' it aloud.

Maybe they were all right, Detta and the God. Clearly there was something inside her missing, something that would keep her from belonging anywhere truly. From every being respected as more than a simple creature, a machine of death to be aimed and let loose when it was convenient.

A gust of wind blew and just like that, the artful lines she had drawn in the sands of the mans face were swept away, along with her memory of his face. But the words still remained in her ears. She reached up towards the latches of her helm, pressing a button and unleashing a burst of sealed air with a 'HSSSSSSSSS'. Peeling her helm from her head and letting her snowy hair fall, turning the helm she held it at center, staring at her own visor before feeling tears swell in her eyes.

Suddenly, a glow on her wrist began to blip and bloop. She was being rang, forcing her to compose herself and use one of her four arms to wipe her eyes before tapping the glowing dot on her wrist. A voice of a droid erupting quickly.

"H-hello? Dima? Dima you there? Where did you go why didn't you wait for me before you dropped?" X9 quipped, confused as to why he was ditched on the ship still hovering in the clouds. Dima made a face, clenching her helm and scratching into the Beskar with her claws. It was happening again, being yelled at, being scolded, always being wrong.

"Please...Dima just...wants to go home now, this one thinks this was a mistake~" She wheezed through a choked tone.

"Huh? What? You JUST landed and things have only began we're going to be here for a while it's no-"

"This one needs you to pick her up...Dima was wrong...this one does not think she belongs here."

There was a long, almost awkward silence. X9 able to read her voice and catching on quickly from her phrasings.

"Dima...what happened? Are you ok? Did something ha-"

"DIMA WANTS TO GO HOME NOW!" She roared into her communicator now, the outburst driving her half mad as she SLAMMED her helm into the rocky dirt. "THIS ONE WILL NOT REPEAT HERSELF YOU WILL DO AS YOU ARE TOLD YOU STUPID KARKING DROID!" She snapped, causing the others to stare at the strange alien as she threw a fit.

X9 found it best not to argue nor question further.

"I'm..on the way...sit tight ok."

The communicator switched off as he hung up. Dima staring at her now empty hands and feeling her pupils dilate to dinner-plates when she suddenly realized she was no longer holding her helm. Gasping in alarm and looking around the sand until her eyes landed on it laying in the dirt with the visor cracked from the force of her smashing it. "O-oh no, no no no~" She cried, collapsing to her knees and grabbing the helmet. Examining its damage and clenching her jaws so tightly it feel like her teeth were cracking under the pressure. Clutching the broken helm to her chest and shaking her head violently as if haunted by something in her very bones. "Why is this one like this? They really are right about Dima aren't they? Just a...simple creature." She whimpered quietly to herself.

lyran3obj2.png

"You worried she'll loose or something?"

Mevia saw in her mind's eye, a glimpse of a memory. A pre-teen Elise, in the dirt, wiping her bloodied nose as she struggled to get back up. Determined, exhausted but fighting on to complete her training. Then, back in the present, Mevia looked to the large Mandalorian she was challenging. He was close to her grandfather's size, and was quite imposing. Still, Mevia smirked as she watched them.

"She trained with giants, like me. Even if she loses, she'll put up a nasty fight."

She then turned to look at the familiar person who asked her the question. The man she owed everything to. Her father, Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt . As he casually sat down, she sat down beside him. She was surprised to see him here. Pleasantly surprised, but still surprised. Even after answering his initial question, she wore a questioning expression with a raised eyebrow. Still, she was very happy to see him.

Unlike Elise, who spent most of her time home training as a Mandalorian, soldier, and shaman; Mevia spent her teenage years often times accompanying her father to Chiss space. Mevia was quite invested in their affairs, and she longed for the days the Chiss could rise as a dignified superpower once more. This time, however, Mevia had stayed behind to further her involvement in the Enclave's... recent developments.

Still, the years fighting at her buir's side lead to several traditions and symbols of their bond developing. Including sharing two Chiss made candybars together.

Of course, seeing these candybars made Mevia's jaw drop in excitement.

"You should see your face. How's your mother?"

Mevia closed her jaw and took a candybar. Holding it in her hand, she shrugged, "Fine, if not busier than usual with Enclave commissions."

Her mother, Gwyneira Krayt, was a brilliant forgemaster and technology genius. She had been a trusted crafter for the Mandalorian Enclave for years; even while living outside Enclave space. While she tried to raise her kids on a world that was stable, she never renounced her allegiance to the Enclave. With the Enclave busier than ever with big plans now, she was being flooded with orders.

Mevia hardly paid attention to that kind of stuff though, and she wasn't at their house much herself. So though she answered that she was fine, she could actually be wrong.

Mevia tore open the wrapper and took a big bite off the candybar. She looked to her father and asked, "What did I miss in Chiss space?"

lyran3obj2.png

C R U S A D E R
TRACYN ISLAND | RISHI

o75oq8n.jpg
The elder Munin sibling by two years had tagged along with Adenn Munin Adenn Munin and his warriors to make sure he didn't get into too much trouble while out and about on this mission to Wild Space in the Southern Systems.

Well, that actually wasn't totally true. Kaiyra had been bored stiff back on Concord Dawn and perhaps wanted to let her hair down a bit as well. Clan Munin didn't like being cooped up for too long. They hardly did anything halfway or at least that was their reputation like it or not. Perhaps something good would come of this. Time would only tell.

"Adenn Munin and these are my warriors," introducing himself as she had done. "Beroya, huh? A worthy clan unlike many others in the Galaxy," just as his surname bared some controversy, so did his demeanor and words. "What're your thoughts of this whole…" He bit his tongue before he could say what he truly wanted to say, "demonstration?"

Behind the privacy of her helmet's dark T-visor, Kaiyra just rolled her eyes at her younger brother's attempt at diplomacy using some verbal swagger picked up no doubt from their father. She wondered how often their mother Briika Munin Briika Munin had done the same jester when the seasoned Concordian warlord poked bears and expected them to share their sweet honey.

So here Kaiyra was, standing amongst the other clansmen gathered behind their fearless leader, waiting to see what would come of this friendly interaction with the Mandalorians of the Enclave it would seem.

Mand'a help us, the red and black armored Mando quipped to herself while sizing up their situation just in case the man of the hour sparked a wildfire he could not contain. Kairya gave it a only a fifty-fifty chance Adenn would play nice and not offend someone's sensibilities while on Rishi. In reality, the percentage was probably much lower. I mean, he was Vilaz Munin Vilaz Munin 's son afterall.

Jan Beroya Jan Beroya | Mevia Vizsla Mevia Vizsla | Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira | Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

Last edited:
B6EPcpg.png

TRACYN ISLAND, RISHI, ABRION SECTOR, WILD SPACE

"Creature of Haran, we do not recognise you within this arena!" He then looked at the Enclave Drillmaster.

The proceeding in the arena has come to a very chaotic conclusion. What was supposed to be a ceremony of unity and a beginning of a better future, has inexplicably turned into a disgusting, virulent turmoil. Sure, the large creature, who refers to herself as Domina Prime, has started the whole ordeal. However, calling her a creature of Haran was totally uncalled for, if not just a pure, noxious hatred. She is clearly a Mandalorian, just like the rest of us, and that was no way of treating our own sister, no matter the disagreement. I took a glance at her after the whole confrontation, to find her clearly not taking the insult well. I pity the girl, she is misguided, that's not up to debate, yet she deserves better treatment from fellow Mandalorians. We have to be better than this.

The way Buir Rok Detta has acted in the past few years has been counterproductive to the advancement of our Enclave. The Buir's isolationist way has proven to be damaging to our people, trapped in an Island where resources have become more and more scarce as days pass. Just look at the loadout comparisons between our Enclave and the so-called Mandalorian Enclave. Take a look at Domina Prime, for instance. From what's displayed, she doesn't seem to be a higher ranking member of their Enclave. However, that's a whole load of Beskar attached to her body. Almost full as a matter of fact, just from a quick glance. Compare it to me, one of the most seasoned warriors in Rishi, the Champion of Tracyn Island. The only Beskar on my body is my helmet and gauntlets. There's just not enough circulating around here. Even I have to push the Buir to the limit on the council to accept the visit from this foreign Enclave. Something needs to change.
She adjusted her helmet and showed the t-visor to him, "I am Elise Krayt of Clan Krayt. I am a Mandalorian warrior and medic of Archais. Would you prove the Mandalorian Enclave's skill in honorable combat below?"

She jerked her head towards the arena below.

"It would be a great honor for me to test my skills against a representative of the legendary Enclave, my fellow vod."

However, disrespect is not to be accepted with an open hand. No matter how weak the Buir's stewardship has been, no matter how unjust he has been treating Domina, he is still our Buir. That challenge by the young member of their Enclave is to be met with the fury of our collective disdain. I can see the Buir's face and body reacting to the challenge. A young Mandalorian is not to challenge a Buir, that's just not acceptable. But I also have to consider the fact that they are much more well-equipped than our people, especially the ones of the same age. Before the Buir says any more of his disrespectful remarks, or any foolish young warrior of our own offers themselves only to be slain in a minute, I decided to interject. My equipments might shy in-comparison, but my experiences and expertise more than compensate for it.
"And I am Gar of Clan Shale, the Champion of Tracyn Island. I accept your challenge, Elise of Clan Krayt, on behalf of Buir Rok Detta and the Rishi Enclave!"

I jumped down to the arena, glaring the young challenger the whole time. My wife is probably cursing me down her breath right now, but it has to be done. A disrespect is to be answered, and maybe this is the final push that I need to convince not only our people, but their people as well, that we have to work together as one entity, towards a better future, with me leading the integration from our side, with the Buir stepping down honorably.​

clanshalediv.png

If ears listened well, they would have heard Runi's warning.

The day she spoke of all those years ago, was the same day he had stuck a blaster in the very same Moff's face while she was speaking to the man. His temper had since cooled, but the Council in front of them now did not need to know that.

But the boy had to take it a step further...

Vren wasn't an easily confrontational man. He usually gave people the option to take the easier way out instead of having a blaster shoved in their face and making them submit by force. But he never rolled over, belly up when it came to something where it would be more beneficial to resolve something peacefully either. And the boy just presented the damn Council with a damn belly.

His weathered and sun-leathered face remained neutral, but if the Vasher boy paid attention, he'd see the dark eyes of the Karjr flashing a warning to shut the hell up. At least Ijaat's lad still held some pride as he spoke - making it clear that though the Enclave would prefer a peaceful resolution, it wasn't the only option on the table.

They were Mando'ade, not Jedi.

If anything, the chaos outside would add incentive to what was to be achieved in here, unplanned as it was. He was sure Kranak wouldn't just leave it at his Si'kayha being subordinate. He'd deal with those under his command just as Vren would deal with an unruly Karjr. But if anything, a Mando'ad knew how to turn a bad situation to their advantage.

But at least the Rishii Member showed some sense and suggested the option to let them sort out their own.
"We always handle our own, you have our word. However, have your men stand down first and have that door open up again. We don't plan to negotiate while being held like prisoners." He pointed his thumb over his shoulder at the Guard-barred chamber doors, still on his feet. He didn't say anything loudly or even in a threatening way. On the contrary, his voice was friendly and conversational. But the words he spoke made it clear that they very much did not present any kind of belly to the Council.

The Galandan regarded the Mando'ade and Nadira for a few heartbeats, also still on his feet.
"It seems we're at an impasse." he said.
"Not really, so I'd sincerely suggest heeding the words of Speaker Kuriyada here, partner." Vren said calmly. It would seemed that his arm was hanging harmlessly at his side while the other hand rested on the table, but within the room right now, only Runi had seen how fast that could change into drawing a blaster. There was a reason why he was still respected by the scum on Tatooine.

The Galandan sighed. "Very well." He nodded at the Guards to stand down before taking a seat once more.
Vren looked at Darius. "Mereel, have your men figure out what is going on outside and report back." he said. "In the meantime, let's try again." He sat back down, his gun hand now resting leisurely on his thigh as he leaned back in the chair. "What I was going to offer was some of the advanced technology that the Enclave itself uses to make both daily life and martial life easier. I understand that especially the Rishii use Exonium to heat food. With the help of said technology and with Enclave assistance, I am certain a substitute could be found." His dark eyes looked at each of the Council Members.

"What say you?"

lLcXg5L.png

"Nothing really. The Aristocra that remain are too busy solidifying their power to try and help anyone else. They're surviving, at least." Returning to a galactic power, though? He doubted that. He took a bite of his own bar, humming as he watched the challenge of his other daughter be accepted. Well, that wasn't going to be easy in the slightest for her, was it? He chuckled, just a little. Even if it wasn't, he doubted she'd go down easy. Maybe not even at all.

"How long do you think she'll last?"

Mevia Vizsla Mevia Vizsla | Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira | Adenn Munin Adenn Munin | Domina Prime Domina Prime | Jan Beroya Jan Beroya | Kaiyra Munin Kaiyra Munin | Gar Shale Gar Shale

lyran3obj1.png

smalldivdark.png

Corbin watched as Mareel's men left to check on things. Well, that was some relief, at least. Corbin really didn't want to get into a confrontation right now. He didn't really have much concern for these council politicians who currently ran Rishi, but he at least wanted to try to keep things peaceful for Nadira's sake. But if it came down to it, he'd at least get her out to safety. Sure, she could probably hold her own, but she was not an enemy.

Vren Rook did a magnificent display that was a blend of friendliness and intimidation. Corbin was quite impressed, to be honest. Definitely showed his experience. Nadira nodded her head.

"There's honestly plenty of Exonium. I believe you when you say you handle your own. I'm satisfied with that, personally. It is my vote, as Sunspeaker of the Rishii tribes, to allow you access and bolster ties with your Enclave. I believe it would be most beneficial for all of us."

That last sentence seemed to be directed at the other council members, as if to say they'd be fools to not accept the deal. But Nadira only represented the Rishii tribes, and truth be told, even the other members still looked down on the Rishii as primitive barbarians. They were the ones who had the final say, or so they thought. Corbin knew better, as did the other Mandalorians in the room. Of they wanted to remain in charge, or possibly even alive, then it would behoove them to think carefully on the situation. Vren Rook was not messing around.

All eyes were on the Galadan to see what his decision would be.

Last edited:

lyran3obj2.png

"Nothing really. The Aristocra that remain are too busy solidifying their power to try and help anyone else. They're surviving, at least."

Mevia nodded. She was rather displeased at the lack of strength her people displayed. Unable to do anything but barely hold on, so long after the Maw ravaged them so. They should be better by now! Collecting strength again, like she was! At least, Mandalore was making far better progress...

"How long do you think she'll last?"

Mevia paused. She watched as the confrontation between Elise and a new challenger, Gar Shale, transpired. She frowned, feeling all those old feelings of... jealousy... bubble inside her heart again.

"You can't do that!"

Mevia spat from the training mat, fuming as she pulled herself from her back to her knees. The child pointed at her older sister, "She cheated! Buir, that didn't count!"

Between the two siblings, their mother stood with a calm, thoughtful expression. At the lack of immediate response, Mevia hissed, "Buir! Tell her she can't use the Force! Tell her sh-"

"Enough!"

Mevia's mouth clamped shut at her mother's raised voice.

She gave her a brief glare, "Mev, do not demand things of me. I am your Buir."

Mevia nearly looked away, feeling sheepish, but her mom's gaze lightened. "Mevia, you can't control if someone can or cannot use the Force. Out in the battlefield, you will face Jedi, Sith, and everything in between. You will face Force users. Life is not fair. You of all people should know that..."

Reminded of her first several years of life, Mevia looked to the ground as her mom continued, "If you are to face these opponents - and you will - would it be all the wiser to learn how to fight against them? Rather than mopping because of it?"

Mevia expected her mother's lectures to end there, but she spoke again - to Elise this time. "Now, Elise. You have a wonderful gift, but you cannot rely on the Force when the fight doesn't go your way. Us Mandalorians ourselves are prime examples of how anti-Force technology and techniques exist. Even nature itself has the ability to weaken our connection to it. That is why I train with Force inhibitors myself. The Force is a powerful tool. But it can be disarmed. What will you do if you get injected with a Force severing serum? Whine about it like Mevia just did? You must learn to be able to fight without it."

Mevia looked up to see Elise looking away from her mother, rubbing her arm. "I... sorry, Buir."

Their mom smiled softly, "You both have brilliant potential." She looked between the two with a protective expression, "I would hate to squander it because I was easy on you. Now-"

She placed her hands on her hips and motioned with a jerk of her head for Mevia to get up. "Mevia, you'll learn anti-Force techniques in time. But for now, Elise, refrain from using the Force here. Let's give this another go, girls!"

Mevia sighed. Both were trained from a young age to be indomitable. Mevia never had the gifts Elise had, however. She felt like she had to work harder to be as good as her some days. Elise was a genius with the Force, but what was Mevia? A near sighted nobody? Her insecurities swam in her stomach, and she bit her lip.

But Mevia had an edge herself. Elise did not even earn her full beskar'gam yet, while Mevia passed her Verd'goten and gained her hard earned Mandalorian Steel. Mevia sighed. She was to one up Elise yet!

"Not as long as I could, obviously. But Elise will have a few tricks up her sleeve before she loses."

She looked to her father as she strummed up some coin in her free hand, "I bet five minutes. You?"

She took a bite out of her candy bar.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom