Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Next Event

Darth Arcis said:
From Staff discussion:

As for my suggestion, I was actually talking to my friend Krag the other day regarding this. I want to see some big invasion from an extragalactic or foreign force like the Yuuzhan Vong did. I want them to be mean, vicious, and destroy or enslave everything in their path. And so, I wanted to use a custom species for this. I planned on making something like you'd see in the Resistance series and making the new species destroy and enslave. They're big and mean with many of them lacking intelligence, but they make up for that in combat. I feel that some outside force could come in and brainwash the beings of the galaxy as wartools to take over the galaxy like the Reapers did to the Collectors in the Mass Effect series. Maybe we could list them as their own faction on the galaxy map and make it a freaking huge event on galactic scale like Valen was based off of?

Basic Concept: Extragalactic force (to be determined) takes control of the galaxy's population via brainwashing and alternate methods to enslave them and use them as wartools. They begin to destroy or enslave portions of the galaxy and they have their own territory. We could even make it all of the planets that aren't occupied to boost incentive to dominion them and offer storylines for Faction expansion.
Rewards, Events: I would like to see some starting event to kick this off. They move in with a quickness and nab territory like the blink of an eye. Suppose they use the Entechment technology like the Ssi-ruuvi to brainwash people and base some technology from that? We can also offer some unique starships, weapons, and droids. I might even introduce a custom planet with some nice little benefits to use.

As for the finale event, I wanted to do something like in Transformers: Dark of the Moon when the Decepticons use advanced technology to bring their homeplanet, Cybertron, into Earth's orbit. We could have them bring their masses of navies and armies against the Major factions of the galaxy in a final battle similar to that of the Transformers movie. I mean, who would say no to destroying an entire planet full of voracious beings bent on galactic enslavement and destruction?

I mostly just came up with all of this on the spot, so let me know if you have any feedback. Don't be afraid to tell me it sounds like crap either.
I'm a huge fan of this idea @[member="Darth Arcis"] . Its like Clockwork taken to an organic and deadlier level, as everyone wont be able to scramble and make EMP weapons to protect themselves. It can be Galaxy-wide so those of us in minor factions or who aren't Force Users actually have a chance to RP. Bravo Sir.

Oh boss man I had fun in the Valan event but in truth I loved the PVE and finale of Dark Harvest. Those were great and fun. I am hoping to participate and even help in the future ones.

|@[member="Jared Ovmar"]|@[member="Hannibal Oryen"]|@[member="Verz Horak"]|@[member="Darth Arcis"]|@[member="Iella E`ron"]|@Tefka|@Molgus|@Nala Tu|@[member="Lilith Mae Lancaster"]|

So, lets see what we've got.
A wormhole is discovered, it allows instantaneous transport throughout the galaxy. The factions fight over it, then an unknown alien race appears from the wormhole. Along with the activation of several other wormholes and the new species is far more powerful than ourselves, almost completely wiping out the already weakened armies at the wormhole. Then, all over the galaxy. Force users begin to feel a draining sensation of some sort. It is the alien species doing that creates this effect, the actual cause is yet to be seen. (Possibly a force user or a piece of technology) All out war breaks out and the factions join together to fight off the impending invasion and failure after failure. A group of jedi/sith and the like (as they are working together now) capture a general of the alien species's ship. Which, while the ship design is nothing like they have seen before. They are able to decrypt some data that is revealing the home planet of their species. Where, the factories ect are. How the jedi group return as conquerors, I don't know. That is yet to be figured out.

So guys, that's basically what I've gathered from everyone's suggestions. Anything to add anyone?

I think events shouldn't be planned out by members. It's just my opinion, but staff should be able to surprise members. Plot twist, little surprises, new thing... they are all things which make a good event.

Sorry if my view invades someone.

The Dark Harvest event was fun cause we didn't know what we were facing and learned it through a lot of rping. The Valan event we were learning but the intention of making war more personal was great. I look forward to the nice secrecy and build up until the next comes.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
One of the cool things about Star Wars is that in it's laxity of sticking to a genre it allows for a great deal of blurring the lines and blending between different types of stories. Sure the 'war' aspect is ever-present (even in Star Peace dohoho) but there can and should be other ways for people to participate in any board-wide event. From political intrigue to a planetary adventure and so on, there should be multiple story lines that have the ability to influence each other, as opposed to one big focused things.

That may have been Valen's problem. It was designed as a big ground war which is great, if you're a Jedi or soldier, but not necessarily terribly interesting for a smuggler, politician, bounty hunter or something like that. Similarly, Roleplaying forums, in my experience, tend to thrive off player interaction and conflict. Outside invaders are a great concept overall, but there's not a lot of impetus to fight your neighbor if there's a much larger threat looming over the horizon.

So building off the idea of extra-galactic invaders, maybe make that a second event. Like, have a whole event for set-up first, that pits the various factions against each other. Maybe they've seeded the galaxy with resources or technology (that is useless against them) to encourage weapons development and warfare. So you have your battle threads to gain control of those resources, but you can also have other characters researching the mystery behind them (like say, Kenobi discovering the order for a Clone Army on Kamino, but rather more sinister). The faction that manages to figure it out gets some advantage when the invaders finally do appear, or something.

Mr. Arcis had a good idea with mind control as well. To encourage PvP, people could volunteer to get taken over by the invaders, and act as the OpFor in any event threads. That adds a whole new dynamic to battles, with people fighting former comrades and potentially holding back because you don't want to kill your buddy. Then you could have people trying to discover how to reverse mind control, build off that to discover the motives of the aliens, etc. etc.

So basically what I'm saying is with anything, go all out in the planning. Don't just cover the first dimension (aliens invade the galaxy), go deeper. Start asking why and how, and make it something that turns the galaxy upside down and totally disrupts the status quo.

My two cents.

The thought of something extragalactic appeals to me, as there are characters and species (of my own design) in my total personal lore for Star Wars that come from outside the known galaxy. Believe me, I've got planet and species templates in progress, figuring out whether I want to bring that here (I've never really written out all the details before), which will have a hand in what version of Ilias I bring here, other characters, and so on.

I'm glad to see that another event is being considered, as when I came here and looked through the timeline... the concept of the previous events looked exciting! So I'm excited. Is it possible to love this place more? :D

I'd say it's failure was less because it didn't appeal to a broader range of characters (You can always figure out how to include a character, even if they're not a gun-toting Rambo). It's failure rested upon the notion of PvP fighting. The factions were supposed to take this as an opprotunity to fight one another with nothing to lose. If anything battles with one another would lead to more substantive territory gains than basic dominions. Compounding the problem is that going into the event, it looked like there would be two sides; the Allies (Republic, Mandos, OP) vs the Axis (Sith, Atrisians, Fringe, Black Suns, CIS).

Unfortunately, by the time the event started, the Axis was already fracturing and falling apart. Add to that the Republic invasion of Nar Shaddaa and the Fringe invasion of Atrisia, and it was quickly sliding into a "Everyone vs. the Sith" type fight again.

Honestly, what I'd love to see done is something like the Clone Wars. I want some sort of public event, like an invasion and occupation, mask a terrible secret that has to be uncovered by others before a terrible war can sweep across the galaxy. I want there to be a galactic war. Everyone has something they can do to contribute to it. I honestly think that would be the best thing ever for us to do.

Ayden Cater said:
I'd say it's failure was less because it didn't appeal to a broader range of characters (You can always figure out how to include a character, even if they're not a gun-toting Rambo). It's failure rested upon the notion of PvP fighting. The factions were supposed to take this as an opprotunity to fight one another with nothing to lose. If anything battles with one another would lead to more substantive territory gains than basic dominions. Compounding the problem is that going into the event, it looked like there would be two sides; the Allies (Republic, Mandos, OP) vs the Axis (Sith, Atrisians, Fringe, Black Suns, CIS).

Unfortunately, by the time the event started, the Axis was already fracturing and falling apart. Add to that the Republic invasion of Nar Shaddaa and the Fringe invasion of Atrisia, and it was quickly sliding into a "Everyone vs. the Sith" type fight again.

Honestly, what I'd love to see done is something like the Clone Wars. I want some sort of public event, like an invasion and occupation, mask a terrible secret that has to be uncovered by others before a terrible war can sweep across the galaxy. I want there to be a galactic war. Everyone has something they can do to contribute to it. I honestly think that would be the best thing ever for us to do.
I like this idea and assessment of what happened. The main thing of battles between close cities meant you had to get closer with dominion but no one finished their dominions aside from the Republic to move across the board. Some big event with a secret under it that leads to greater mysteries. Sounds like one of the most fun

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
I like the extragalactic idea! And this Force draining concept would put an interesting spin on everything. Could create something like the Peace Brigade in the galaxy, and smugglers/business men doing what they can behind the scenes. We could create Cylons, and have an Ultron war afterwards haha. But I like the wormhole, and almost Zergling Rush aspect of the invading species, while messing with the Force.

So here is my idea... A droid revolution. Some kind of A.I. capable of broadcasting a signal that corrupts the "minds" of any droid within reach of the signal.

This would effect each faction, as I believe most have droids...causing a revolt within each faction. Droid PCs could/would be effected as well, giving those players the opportunity to try and fight the will of this "virus". Giving them a rather interesting role within the event, while we're all trying to stop the invasion.

The other ideas could play into this idea as well, because the "virus" perhapa has brought an army of insane design from the unknown regions with him.

It's just a basic idea at the moment, but you get the idea. Thoughts?

Shaco said:
So here is my idea... A droid revolution. Some kind of A.I. capable of broadcasting a signal that corrupts the "minds" of any droid within reach of the signal.

This would effect each faction, as I believe most have droids...causing a revolt within each faction. Droid PCs could/would be effected as well, giving those players the opportunity to try and fight the will of this "virus". Giving them a rather interesting role within the event, while we're all trying to stop the invasion.

The other ideas could play into this idea as well, because the "virus" perhapa has brought an army of insane design from the unknown regions with him.

It's just a basic idea at the moment, but you get the idea. Thoughts?
As I understand this is sort of what Clockwork was.

Molgus

M
Ayden Cater said:
OK, I'm ditching the Jedi Civil War thing Clone Wars forever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom