Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Next Event

Carn Dista

C
An artifact is uncovered by a jedi excavation team, and it appears to be a part of a star map. More peices start appearing in other factions coi, and as more of the map is unveiled, it becomes more and more obvious that once all the parts are aligned the map will function once again. Some factions band together to try and complete most of it, but alas it takes cooperation from every factions leaders to align the final pieces.

Having seen the map, and recorded its information, the sith and Jedi present do what they do best, while other members of the factions flee with their version of the information.

The factions all arrive on world, only to discover that it's nothing special on the surface, and has no real interesting facets, other than native humanoids. So naturally the factions gear up, and roll out the war machines.

However the factions soon discover, after a skirmish or two, that there's a network of caves they can take advantage of to strike at their enemies. However, the caves run deeper than they predicted, and they accidentally awaken some form of uncontrolable horde of foul creatures, which proceed to try and ravage the planet and kill everything there (think necrons from 40k). It becomes apparent that these creatures could eventually pilot or create ships, for they already have primitive blaster technology from pre-clonewars, indicating theyve been sealed down there for thousands of years.

Rather than glassing the planet, which wouldn't reach then depths of the caves, the factions (while still warring with eachother, AND the admin run beasties) opt to send teams down into the caves to try and massacre the creatures at their source.

They come across a few nests, maybe find some hoarded thigs from ancient times, and eventually by chance find a monolithic structure in a cave larger than any they've seen before. Natrally this is where the creatures progenitor is, and part of it is visible from outside the monolith, so they opt to band together and try to kill it while it's here.

They battle their way up the structure while the battle above gets more and more intense, until they eventually kill the creature. Then the beasties all turn tail and flee. However it turns out the beasts vague movements and ability to dtand on its own legs was keeping a part of the structure up.

The monolith begins to collapse, and the cave roof thatnit was supporting crumbles too, which causes a chain reaction, and a few hundred mile wide crater rapidly begins to form.... right under the area that the people on the surface are fighting on.

Fight turns to flight, and everyone tries to make it to safety - this leads to people being mixed in with other factions, and trapped behind enemy lines or outright captured.

End event. Hand out suitable prizes.

Begin rp to free/take back hostages.

From Staff discussion:

As for my suggestion, I was actually talking to my friend Krag the other day regarding this. I want to see some big invasion from an extragalactic or foreign force like the Yuuzhan Vong did. I want them to be mean, vicious, and destroy or enslave everything in their path. And so, I wanted to use a custom species for this. I planned on making something like you'd see in the Resistance series and making the new species destroy and enslave. They're big and mean with many of them lacking intelligence, but they make up for that in combat. I feel that some outside force could come in and brainwash the beings of the galaxy as wartools to take over the galaxy like the Reapers did to the Collectors in the Mass Effect series. Maybe we could list them as their own faction on the galaxy map and make it a freaking huge event on galactic scale like Valen was based off of?

Basic Concept: Extragalactic force (to be determined) takes control of the galaxy's population via brainwashing and alternate methods to enslave them and use them as wartools. They begin to destroy or enslave portions of the galaxy and they have their own territory. We could even make it all of the planets that aren't occupied to boost incentive to dominion them and offer storylines for Faction expansion.
Rewards, Events: I would like to see some starting event to kick this off. They move in with a quickness and nab territory like the blink of an eye. Suppose they use the Entechment technology like the Ssi-ruuvi to brainwash people and base some technology from that? We can also offer some unique starships, weapons, and droids. I might even introduce a custom planet with some nice little benefits to use.

As for the finale event, I wanted to do something like in Transformers: Dark of the Moon when the Decepticons use advanced technology to bring their homeplanet, Cybertron, into Earth's orbit. We could have them bring their masses of navies and armies against the Major factions of the galaxy in a final battle similar to that of the Transformers movie. I mean, who would say no to destroying an entire planet full of voracious beings bent on galactic enslavement and destruction?

I mostly just came up with all of this on the spot, so let me know if you have any feedback. Don't be afraid to tell me it sounds like crap either.

Molgus

M
@[member="Darth Arcis"]
Maybe like in the movie After Earth the main threat literary sense people from there fear of that species

@[member="Darth Arcis"] I like your idea, I feel as though it fits well with what the rest of us have been saying. We could work something out and definitely do that transformer thing you're speaking about.

@[member="Carn Dista"], it's a good idea. But I don't think it's on a big enough scale for it to be an event.

Molgus

M
A threat that could wipe out millions of innocent lives?
I have a bad feeling about this...

Ok I am going to throw something out here completely different.

I was thinking what about there is something wrong with the Force? Like it has been fractured somehow and become unstable, therefore effecting all force sensitives to varying degrees, maybe the stronger one is in the force the more it effects. etc. This could also effect non force sensitives, as the force lives in all things, they might experience force sensitivity for a while ? again to varying degrees. Also there is a good possibility that some FSers might loose their sensitivity for a some time, that would make things interesting for them? :)

only just a thought.

Everybody bows down to the Mandos.

Just kidding.

How about for the event, a major wormhole is discovered, allowing fast and easy travel throughout the galaxy, at a fraction of the cost of what it is now. Obviously, everyone wants a piece of it, so factions either band together or duke it out to control it. However, as the battle progresses, we see that the wormhole is spiking in activity, even though no known ships are detected. And presto, extragalactic appear and start wrecking the faction fleets like they were toys, forcing a retreat and galaxy wide coalition to fight a desperate battle in several locations as two new wormholes appear. Enemy design is up to Staff, and prizes in new tech or even captured ships is a good idea.

Verz Horak said:
How about for the event, a major wormhole is discovered, allowing fast and easy travel throughout the galaxy, at a fraction of the cost of what it is now. Obviously, everyone wants a piece of it, so factions either band together or duke it out to control it. However, as the battle progresses, we see that the wormhole is spiking in activity, even though no known ships are detected. And presto, extragalactic appear and start wrecking the faction fleets like they were toys, forcing a retreat and galaxy wide coalition to fight a desperate battle in several locations as two new wormholes appear. Enemy design is up to Staff, and prizes in new tech or even captured ships is a good idea.
I endorse the ever-living shavit out of this one.

@[member="Verz Horak"], once again this idea implements invasion and a big enemy. Which once again makes all of the idea's interlink.
@[member="Iella E`ron"] this is also interesting. We should have two events. :p

Molgus

M
@Everyone maybe the species could have the power to effect the force like @Iella E'ron and they have the ability to make wormholes of @[member="Verz Horak"] 's description

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom