Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion The Missing Delegation (RTL Dominion of Dorvalla)

g_ReXCZKzgqTYFJm5Zq8AIxOcGyyMKXQF3b2rQS6ZevZNkqqmG5kBP3aZvNPvcPfNSaK_aprY9WR5ommTbBpjl5kz72OKcQwFrA5S4mpEVbDze8tSIvgDWRdotQf35dvSE3cV5PXhvI7A4y8kDhKMl64ZS8S2YZCSAJS_P8XDzLI5v8h0I0_tQa0

DORVALLA

Once a temperate inhabitable world, centuries of lommite mining have turned the world into a dust-covered mining world eking out a living from its ore exports. It left the world vulnerable to economic hardship, as it had learned the hard way in the ancient past.

Dorvalla Mining.

Founded before the Clone Wars by the merger of two competing companies before being absorbed by the Trade Federation. It utilized the Dorvalla Space Corps to run the planet, including their private prison, to which they sent labor organizers, dissidents, and those who opposed the corporate domination of the planet.

And after many centuries, they were back, making huge strides in securing much of the control of the planet, disrupting the smaller mining claims, and using their Space Corps to corral dissidents in line, even as the corporate execs insist they're not involved.

More concerningly, it happened shortly after the discovery of a huge seam of lommite that the company had not listed on the market, suggesting they had questionable buyers already lined. Whether they were cartels, imperials, or the Maw, the League did not know.

Local leaders had begun forming a union and a provisional government, voting to ask the League for mediation. A combined Jedi-and-diplomat team had been dispatched to negotiate between the parties. Still, the League soon lost contact with them and the union leaders as a dust storm blew in, but there was no evidence left behind of where the delegations may have gone.

OBJECTIVE ONE: ORION suspects that the Space Corps worked with the local criminal element to make the diplomatic teams disappear but can’t yet prove it. Secure the evidence to lodge a legal complaint against the Space Corps and their corporate employers. Track down what you can on their suspected buyers and any criminal connections.

OBJECTIVE TWO: Locate the missing dignitaries. Free them if necessary. Do the same with the provisional government and union leaders. Ensure that they can have their conference.

OBJECTIVE THREE: For the commercially minded, there are incredibly lucrative shipping contracts ready to be secured between Dorvalla and the manufacturers who rely on their ore. Outbid your competitors and turn a profit, or aim for contracts too small for the big shipping companies to bother with.

Sidra Velair

S
OBJECTIVE THREE

"With all respect, you're just a junior captain," Sidra's first officer said, adjusting the uniform cap with unease. "This is a political quagmire for Velair Mercantile." His eyes darted around the busy trading hall before he spoke in a whisper. "There's word of possible sanctions and embargos against Dorvalla Mining."

"That's what I'm counting on," Sidra hissed, stepping against the wall. A loudspeaker made an announcement but she couldn't hear what it said. "Think about it. We make a deal. We sign a contract. The League places embargoes. We can't fulfill the contract. Legally, they should be responsible for preventing us from fulfilling the contract."

Her first officer stared at her.

"You're insane. That'll make Velair Mercantile the laughing stock of the minor houses, let alone the great houses," he ran a hand through his thinning hair and shook his head in exasperation.

"Not at all," Sidra retorted, her face growing hot. "It'll be genius. All profit, no expense."

"It's not always about the money," the first officer replied. "The reputation hit could cost us far more in lost contracts."

"Legally, we're on solid ground," Sidra insisted, crossing her arms as she studied the display boards. "The Guild will back us up."

"The Guild works with the League," the officer replied, pinching the bridge of his forehead. "They can be fickle. If they decided Dorvalla Mining violates Guild regulations, we're sunk, with nothing to show for it but egg on our face."

Sidra considered and then shrugged, stepping away from the wall. "That's commerce for you. Little risked, little gained."

OBJECTIVE TWO

It was dark. And his head throbbed worse than he could remember it ever being. His mouth felt like it was full of cotton and drier than Tattooine. His mind went back over the last few moments. Lots of dust, that he could remember, and a remote gathering, along with some Jedi and the League diplomats.

Then something happened, catching him off-guard, with no warning in the Force. After that, it was blank. He shifted and hissed as pain arced down the back of his neck. Breath hissed passed his teeth and he let himself lay back again.

Rock. There was rock underneath and beneath him. Had there been a sinkhole? They'd not had any sort of warning about that, but over-mining did horrific things to worlds.

"Everyone still in one piece?" Cryx finally croaked out, shifting slightly, trying to get his hands up to his face. They were stuck.

No, not stuck. Restrained.

Not a cave-in, then. At least not an accidental one. Something hard rammed into his rims and he doubled up, choking.

Alicia Io

The Daughter of Enforcement
Wearing: Nothing

Armed With: PGEM (Pistol)

Objective: 3

Earlier...

"Sisters..." Alicia said aboard her quarters in the Colossus Of Shadows, which was tastefully decorated. Alicia populated it with rare plants. "Mother's condition is very serious now."

Her Sisters, Miranda and Lyssa sat around her in a round table made of steel, intricately engraved with mathematical equations.

Miranda was the most human like after Alicia herself. And Lyssa, despite being the first, still had muted emotional capacity. Miranda was stroking the ears of her pet rabbit, making herself look like she wore an all black gown. Lyssa looked like she wore the same.

The Battalion had been declared missing in action, with the one Droid who knew what happened heavily damaged, undergoing careful, extensive repairs. Everything that had been with Lyssa and the Droid had been confiscated. Mother claimed she could still feel The Battalion, but she was very weak. But even she feared the worst.

House Io had become more aggressive towards the Maw. Now their Sith were being systematically kidnapped, tortured, and decraniated in retaliation for the events at Panatha. Soft targets, sure, but the message was coming across anyway. Any Sith daring to work for the Maw OR The Final Dawn would be subjected to a fate worse than death if House Io got their hands on them. Decraniated Sith were than used for suicide runs on other enemy soft targets.

They had also started to attack and steal their supply shipments. All crew aboard were always killed. Painfully. More efforts were being made to hunt and assassinate Final Dawn spies, even if they were in Enemy Territory. Any spy caught was eviscerated. Their stormtroopers now had standing bounties issued by House Leadership. One hundred credits per head taken.

"A Succession Crisis would be highly undesirable." Lyssa noted.

"Until The Battalion is located--" Miranda exclaimed, her false skin tone slightly darker than the false one Alicia used, but no less voluptuous in appearance.

"We don't even know if The Battalion is still alive, as Mother claims." Lyssa interrupted.

"She's alive..." Alicia asserted.

Miranda raised a false, Nanite generated eyebrow.

"How can you be certain of this?" Miranda asked.

"Because..." Alicia replied, taking a sip of red wine, her sensors in her mouth processing it's contents. Certain installed circuitry simulated the buzz of mild intoxication.

"If The Battalion really were dead, the tortures we inflict on captured Mawites would be one hundred percent worse. I guarantee it." she explained a second later.

"If The Battalion is not dead. Then where? Where is she? Captured by The Maw?" Miranda mused.

"The Maw would be bragging about it if she were captured. They'd either be trying to blackmail her, Force terms, or just outright enslave or destroy her. They'd be trying to goad Mother into a mistake." Alicia asserted.

Miranda leaned back.

"We can keep it quiet for maybe another two weeks. But every effort must be made to locate her in that Time Period." she surmised. "If she is lost, we will suffer a blow to morale. Mother is beside herself. Frantic. I've never seen anything like it."

"I don't know how to help her." Alicia admitted. "I fear Tython may be where she at last burned herself out."

"She could die if she gets any worse." Lyssa pointed out. "And if she does...and The Battalion cannot be found..."

"It just means we have to trust The Countess..." Miranda claimed.

"The Cult won't take Orders from her. And I don't trust The Deluge as far as I can throw her. Which leaves..."

All three Androids fell silent rather than say Amalgam out loud.

Miranda sighed. "I hate playing Devil's Advocate. But maybe we ought to just suck it up and ask the psycho for help."

"You don't wan't to owe Amy. Being in Amy's debt is worse than being Amy's enemy..." Lyssa said in a low voice.

"We may have to accept that risk..." Miranda countered. "Mother isn't getting better."

"That old story about belling the cat resonates with me lately..." Alicia commented. "Percival would go ballistic."

"Percival can't see past Rebecca Hahn. And Percival Io Percival Io 's sense of pain and injustice--however real, however deserved--does not dictate the actions this House must take to ensure it's survival." Miranda stated formally.

"Take care not to dismiss the pain of your little Brother so easily." Lyssa cautioned her Sister. "It's easy to maintain that distance until Phyre's Cult decides to take someone from you..."

"Lyssa, what happened to Percival sucked, okay? But there is nothing we can do about it. We outlawed the Cult, we would effectively be slitting our own throats." Miranda replied without any tact, mechanized fingers, agitated and covered by Nanomachines giving the appearance of skin. "All of our intelligence operations would be crippled overnight. Mother banished The Amalgam. But we, collectively, have the authority to override this in case of National Emergency. And we all know Mother banished Amy more out of Guilt than Conviction."

Alicia did not contest this. Nor did Lyssa.

"We had better be sure about this if we're going to do it." Alicia said quietly.

"What are our alternatives? Realistically?" Miranda posited. "The Amalgam may be the only one who can help delay Mother's medical failure. She may be the only one who can help us locate The Battalion."

Alicia took another sip of her wine.

"Tell you what Sisters, I'll mull it over. I got some business errands to get to anyway..." Alicia replied, knowing they were caught between a rock and a hard place. For the upper leadership to override Mother and let her back in would be sign enough as to something being seriously wrong.

"We'll never be able to justify banning her again." Lyssa warned. "To bring her back would effectively legitimize what she did to Rebecca."

"I know..." Alicia replied sadly.

Present...

Alicia smiled warmly at all the Contractors present in the sealed off estate she had been invited to speak.

They were all from smaller ore processing companies. Each struggling to make ends meet in the face of larger, better equipped competition.

She had willed her Nanite Sheath to make it look like she wore a golden cocktail dress with matching stilettos as the assembled Contractors all sat, nervous looking in their expensive suits, all tellingly a few years out of fashion.

"I realize that many of you have come here only out of desperation. And I want you to know right now, your secrets become our secrets should you decide to sign with Chimera."

"Actually, Miss...'Whoever-You-Are'..." one of the executives trailed thoughtfully. "We all discussed it, and we have all decided to sign up before we even got here."

Alicia grinned. "I am very pleased to hear this, of course..."

"There's 'one' little catch though..." That same executive said. "One of our largest rivals is about to secure rights to an especially loaded mine network south of these regions. A network, all of us are certain is absolutely loaded, with not just Lommite, but other precious ores. Gemstones too."

"Miss Io, Let's not mince words. We know who you are and what your House does, Just as we know of its crimes."

"We're not concerned with any of that. You want to piss off The Jedi, that's your thing. But as long as you're all willing to kill, you may as well do some of it for us." said another executive.

Alicia continued with that pleasant, affable smile.

"Who would you like erased?" Alicia asked politely.

"Everyone who is going to that meeting, which takes place in two hours. It 'must' look like a tragic accident." the executive answered.

"I promise you, by the time it's done, even I will think it was a horrid coincidence..." Alicia replied, standing up.

"I'll call you in three. Have the details wired to my datapad..."

M I S S I N G_D E L E G A T I O N

FINAL DAWN
DORVALLA, OUTER RIM TERRITORIES

Dorvalla, an Outer Rim World home to a sizable amount of lommite deposits. Lommite was an ore which was utilized in the creation of durasteel, a commonly-used Shipbuilding Material. With Dorvalla under the tight control of Dorvalla Mining, it was the perfect place for the Final Dawn to expand it's operations within the Outer Rim and the former Confederation especially as news of the discovery of new fresh deposit of lommite which had attracted various organizations which included the Final Dawn. Dorian Sevenar, the Director-Admiral of the Politorate and the individual in charge of the Final Dawn's overall operations in the Outer Rim had decided to head to Dorvalla in person in order to secure a contract with Dorvalla Mining along with the valuable Dorvallan lommite ore.

As such, the Director-Admiral's Flagship the
FDS Hand of Judgement emerged from hyperspace arriving in orbit of Dorvalla signaling the arrival of the Final Dawn to the region. While the Politorate was well aware of the fact that the locals had established a provisional government and were in talks with the Rimward Trade League, the delegations of both sides had mysterious disappeared within a dust storm leaving Dorvalla Mining in the perfect position to carry out it's business without any interference from the Rimward Trade League and for the Final Dawn to gain access to the planet's valuable deposits of lommite ore. The presence of the Director-Admiral's Flagship was to serve as a symbol of the Final Dawn's power and a reminder that even in the farthest reaches of the galaxy, the Final Dawn could still operate as it saw fit and fend off any attempt from it's rivals to undermine it.

"Sir, we have arrived at the Dorvalla System." the Captain said. "Good. Inform the Dorvalla Space Corps of our arrival and that we are here as one of the potential buyers for that deposit of lommite, and prepare my Shuttle, i intend for this to be swift and for that lommite to be secured by the end of the day." the Director-Admiral said. "And what about the Rimward Trade League and the Locals?" the Captain asked. "They are of no concern, once the deal is sealed, the so-called Dorvallan Provisional Government will be in no position to try to nullify it, if they value their exsistence." the Director-Admiral said in a cold and menacing tone. "...and if the Rimward Trade League tries to interfere well, we'll deal with them as well. It's about time the Galaxy understood that we are a force beyond reckoning and that our will is undeniable."

OBJECTIVE ONE
CAPTAIN'S COTERIE- Arkyn Rane Arkyn Rane Porro Tanau Porro Tanau Yula Perl Yula Perl

Crime and corporations went together better than whiskey and grilled bantha steak. At this point, she expected it. For that matter, she had contributed to it at different points in time.

But this was different. She never went after diplomats. Or Jedi, to be fair. They were more than she liked to try and chew on. But labor organizers and union leaders?

Hardworking, innocent folk trying to make their and their families lives a little better? That got Aeshi steamed up.

And when it came to sniffing out criminal connections, there were none better than... well, criminals.

Not that she had a warrant on her anywhere in the Outer Rim. A bounty from some unknown imperial nerf herder, but that was it. And frankly, she wanted to find that nerfherder and introduce him to her fists.

But still, she'd smuggled through dozens of systems and knew how to find a buyer. And where there were buyers, some made money passing hot cargo around. And they knew how to get in touch with the local muscle.

That was who she was looking for. And in this decrepit spaceport, she'd hardly found anything.

Which was suspicious in her mind. She leaned against a wall and raised a comlink to her mouth. "Any leads yet?"

Dorian Sevanar Dorian Sevanar

"Dorvalla Space Corps, how can we help today?" A cheery but smoke-ravaged woman's voice answered the communications from the ship. "Ah, dearie, I'm sorry, but you have the wrong number. Tell Mr. Sevanar that he needs to call Dorvalla Mining. We're an external contract handling corporate security. We don't have any lommite to sell. Lemme just put you on hold for a minute while I get you their central office."

There was a pause, and the holochannel moved over to a series of prerecorded elevator music repeated every few minutes.

"Alright, hun," the woman returned, "Here's the central office number for Dorvalla Mining. They'll be able to put you in touch with their sales department." She rattled off a list of digits. "Thanks for calling, and have a good day."

Jack of All Trades. Master of None

NeqU5YcWw--aNewXJM5G_C-G-mGK9lwv5ha7Aml6B5k1CaRHhzRgkOsH4uOKNQOHV1E1hyyVoafAvkSfC4DFJqej-tkovjcpX9rar13PURx9yX8hbt4o5m-QhrvcgDoyatAjnGtltFsmwRCxgZj90zt7oPn1F-mZYyH27Aw1nPH2jg59DR-glY7jgg

OBJECTIVE 1
Tags: Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian

postdivider1-oq829tyf96pp5ds8dshlfjadl3db0iuoyi4pk2ry7c.png

Porro was beginning to hate this sort of work. He loved cantinas and clubs. Especially when there was a good degree of local talent present. But the last couple places he ended up in were less than spectacular with women to match. The one thing that was always sure to be present however was a strong drink. Porro had one in front of him now, though it was a Corellian Ale rather than his usual insistence on drinking something from Alderaan. Dorvalla was lacking in the higher end things. That much was quite evident.

Though this cantina was devoid of quality female presence, there was a good thing for Porro and the Rimward Trade League. A familiar face from his past. “Blem Rek,” he called out, grabbing his drink and heading over to the table with the familiar Sullustan and two human comrades. “What have you been doing with yourself?”

The Sullustan didn’t look as happy to see Porro and his partners stirred at the calling of his name. <”What do you want Porro?”> Blem responded in his own language as Porro arrived at the table. <”I work for NuNoble now. Don’t have time for your silly games.”>

“NuNoble,” Porro said with a nod. “Good company. Doing good things. And working well with the RTL as I understand things. Your boss and my…boss see eye to eye.” He took a seat at the table and leaned in on his elbows. “So what do you folk know about the RTL Delegation that has gone missing?” Porro asked with a smile. “Call it helping out a friend. I don’t give up my sources.”

“Can’t trust this spacer,” one of Blem’s partners chimed in. “Don’t tell him a thing.”

The other looked a little less interested in the conversation. <”We’re here to move some Lommite to a warehouse on Sullust. Easy job. Why would I want to make things harder?”>

“Alright fine,” Porro said standing from the table and grabbing his drink. “I guess I’ll just figure it out on my own and I’ll keep all the reward.” Porro tossed a piece of flimsi onto the table. “If you change your mind, that's my contact. Hurry though. Once I figure things out on my own the offer expires.”

The hand of the seemingly uninterested pilot reached across the table as Porro was turning. A few steps away his comm went off. It was Aeshi Tillian looking for an update. “Nothing concrete yet, but looks like I got a source on the hook. Hope we can come up with the reward that I promised if the information I’m sure they have pans out.”

Objectives: 1 and 2
Tags: Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

One day following the diplomatic team's disappearance being reported...

Something in her bones told Yvette this case was odd. She could feel it, like a prickle trailing the nape of her neck and down her spine. She supposed that it could be the nanites prodding her about recharging. They did always seem to get antsy when she hadn't fed off any energy sources in a while. But from personal experience, Yvette knew that usually, when something felt off, her instincts were usually right. They had kept her alive during her Ranger days, and they were all but screaming at her now.

There was the slightest hiss of noise as the vibroscapel in her hand glided through the Gamorrean's thick fat, peeling away the top layer of the epidermis. "Mir, could you please pull up the death report for this Gamorrean? Specifically what reasons were ascribed to his death by the reportee?" She asked, noticing the oblong, black droid hovering in the corner of her peripheral vision. The droid, M1R3, was a medical droid assigned to help Yvette with surgical operations, and specifically handle paperwork, procedure and likewise functions for the deceased. It was also handy to have another pair of sensors on the patient. Her injury had lowered her depth perception somewhat.

Patient. She mused. Only in that you might find his killer. The soft beep of the droid captured her attention as it displayed a personnel record on the Gamorean. "Grun Wirr. Wanted in the Dorvalla system for petty larceny, and aggravated assault. Believed cause of death... a blaster wound to the heart. Well the Lommite under his fingernails confirms that he was from Dorvalla." She read, plucking a power cell from her belt and pausing as she read the last bit out loud. The power cell seemed to spark for a moment, as if in death throes. Its soft bleating slowly died as the sparks withered into nothingness. "No. Really." She muttered, glancing towards the offending wound. "Anyone with half an iota of sense can see that. But this charring... The blaster had to be close enough to ionize his flesh with its pattern." She paused her monologue, as she cored out a sample of pectoral muscle with her scalpel. "But his muscles show no sign of any adrenaline or other stress factors. And time of death puts it at roughly 9:00pm, past sundown. Meaning that he was either totally unaware of the attacker's presence or he was in the presence of someone he trusted." Yvette found her thoughts interrupted as Mir offered a suggestion. Hearing it, she slowly began to shake her head.

"I doubt it was gang violence. They're usually more boastful of such kills, touting them around like medals. The placement of the shot in the back indicated that the aggressor wanted no chance of their identity leaked to the public. And the shot to the heart means that they wanted to be sure that Grun here would have no chance to do so, meaning that Grun had already seen their face.

...I need to go to the source. To Dorvalla. Maybe then I can start putting this puzzle together."

Yvette pulled the muggy and frankly dust ridden scarf tighter around her shoulders as she crossed the streets, looking for the cantina. In her time on Dorvalla, she was absolutely sure of two things. One: It was frankly beyond her why these people stayed in such a beragged place. And two: the cantina in the alleys that Grun had last been seen in was absolutely the sort of place where auspicious and shrewd merchants willing to toe the line of morality made their deals. In other words it was perfect for her purposes. She just had to figure out whether or not Grun had rendezvoused here with anyone the day he was murdered. Opening the door to the cantina, she was buffeted by the shoulder of some human dressed in pilot's garb exiting. Whilst she didn't breathe, a reprisal would mean she would eat sand. So she settled on just glaring at them before drawing up her ceremonial dress uniform and sweeping in past them. Finding a secluded table in the corner of the gloomy light of the cantina, she settled on watching people coming in. Perhaps, if she could find just a moment of privacy, she might be able to slice some records and see if Grun had bought any drinks here that day. Perhaps even who he was with, if she was really lucky.

Porro Tanau Porro Tanau Yvette Rameri Yvette Rameri

Aeshi raised her eyebrows at Porro's words. "If they want a reward, you better start digging through your pockets for credits. Or I can see what cargo I've got you can buy off me to give them."

She couldn't think of what she might have, but who knew what counted as a reward on a prize like this. Water, maybe. Or dust-free clothes.

There was a reason she mainly lived aboard her ship. Climate control, clean atmospheres, limited amount of bacteria.

She'd just seen someone pass into the cantina who stood out from the rest of crowd. Lots of tech, of an unfamiliar sort, and walking with a gait unlike the tired shuffles she'd seen pass through the streets.

"Know who that is?" Aeshi asked, pointing with her chin to the unfamiliar figure who entered the nearby cantina. "They seem out of place."

Cryx Tillian Cryx Tillian was MIA.​

Saarai-kar Veino Garn Veino Garn had gotten the information from ORION and given it to Corbin Vasher, along with the​
coordinates to the rendezvous spot with some Jedi and other League representatives. Contact had been lost during a major dust storm. While it could have been something as simple as equipment malfunction, Corbin had been dispatched to make sure nothing was amiss He was to find his Jensaarai brother and the dignitaries and establish communication once more.
Corbin found it a bit suspicious that there had been a ship belonging to the Final Dawn in orbit. Were they here​
for ore, or were they responsible for the missing delegation?
He had no trouble slipping past the ship unseen. They wouldn't have spotted Tra'tena even if they had been​
looking.
The ship skimmed over the barren, dust-covered surface of Dorvalla, headed away from any towns or outposts.​

Last edited:
Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Porro Tanau Porro Tanau Yvette Rameri Yvette Rameri

Cryx kept his eyes half-open and his mouth shut, letting his vision adjust to the gloom. Shapes moved through the gloom, masked and bulky with thick clothing. Some sort of armor, he would guess. Restraints of some sort around his wrists, he guessed, and perhaps something around his feet. He couldn't tell through his boots.

It was fortunate that he still had his boots. He would have to wait for the right moment, but he had an escape kit in the sole. Just had to shift into a different position..

He wriggled for a moment and then caught himself as another of the shapes moved close. Cryx held still, letting out a hiss of only partially-simulated pain from where he'd been kicked in the ribs. With a metal boot, he guessed.

He could see things a little better now. Humans or at least humanoids, moved through the area. It was underground, for certain. Probably an old mineshaft. Cryx couldn't tell where or how long he'd been out. But he could wait.

When the guard passed, Cryx bit his lip and twisted himself behind to get his hands near the soles of his boots, but something turned toward him and he froze.

Jack of All Trades. Master of None

2z9-Tv3oPh53wL1zMPnC84ozSEMiIwdccOd77kLbsE9KI15hofhuFxWkSC3B8hg8wOabx_Z8TQEuPC6NNSrRi8spAlqQmFuqgn_D3VciQtU5bTjjeQZgp3e9IQgre-KD3WgF3ZYuqc2cwdjKKL2vty16lLgNFf_xSYsWRC16MTYmKO6rqYmXPhyQEA

OBJECTIVE 1
Tags: Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian | Yvette Rameri Yvette Rameri

postdivider1-oq829tyf96pp5ds8dshlfjadl3db0iuoyi4pk2ry7c.png

Porro ground his teeth together hearing Aeshi’s response. It seemed that he had let his mouth go ahead of the truth. He assumed that someone in the League would be able to reimburse the NuNoble employees for any good information. Seemed that this was another one of their off the books operations. Made a bunch of sense when he thought about it since he was not officially a part of the League’s law keeping or security or intelligence, just a transport captain without a ship and the confidence of at least one other captain trying to make a difference.

“Right,” Porro said with a bit of a chuckle. “So the reward is pebbles or left over cargo I’ll put on credi. Maybe I can get a hold of Nulexia Ye'dulla Nulexia Ye'dulla she owes me one. They work for her and she likes the League. They might get a nice bonus for giving us some key info on our missing folks.”

Porro had been so focused on his glee at having wet the whistle of the NuNoble employees and perhaps actually making a dent in the case that he had not noticed the newcomer until Aeshi’s comment. “Definitely out of place. You think one of ours?” he asked. “You want I should head back in and make contact?”

Last edited:
Yvette Rameri Yvette Rameri Porro Tanau Porro Tanau Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

"Cargo... on credit?" Aeshi raised an eyebrow as she studied her new partner. "Relax, kid. Don't ruin your credit score on account of this. Somebody will be able to cough up the credits if we twist some arms."

Probably ORION, she suspected, since it was their agent who had gone missing. And between them and the Jensaarai, there was enough crossover to cover any off-book investments. If all else failed, she had access to a Tillian Family Enterprises account she could dip into. She studied the stranger who had just passed through the door.

"Let's make contact together," she said at last. "Looks can be deceiving, but seem to be a lot of cybernetics of some sort. Could be dangerous." She tilted her head again, rested her hand on her pistol, and made her way towards the door, pausing to assess for any danger in or out before stepping inside and letting her eyes adjust to the gloom.

"You new around here?" She asked the newcomer quietly. "Name's Tillian. And I've been looking for some folks who might not be from around here who can help solve some problems."

M I S S I N G_D E L E G A T I O N

FINAL DAWN
DORVALLA, OUTER RIM TERRITORIES

Sevenar didn't bother to call Dorvalla Mining after the holocall from the Space Corps. It would be a waste of time, as with the disappearance the local leaders and representatives of the Rimward Trade League, it would be a matter of time before the latter moved forth to fully intervene if they managed to find the location of their lost representatives and the local leaders. Sevenar proceeded to turn around preparing to leave the bridge before he began to speak. "Prepare my shuttle. I shall personally head for the surface to collect our prize". Soon enough, the Director-Admiral left the bridge of the FDS Hand of Judgement headed towards the ship's hangar.

On his way towards the hangar of the FDS Hand of Judgement however, Dorian Sevenar proceeded to stop in front a door leading into small office where a
Munn Businessman was seated. He smiled as Sevenar entered the room, "Ah, Director-Admiral. I presume we have already arrived at Dorvalla, yes?". Sevenar nodded. "Indeed, we have Kep Reyzar. And i do think it is now time to collect our prize." the Director-Admiral said in response. "Very well, then Director-Admiral. I do look forward to seeing how this plays out." Reyzar said. "I'm glad to hear that. Now let's get moving, my shuttle is already waiting for us in the hangars." the Director-Admiral said once more motioning for the Munn to follow him.

Soon enough Dorian Sevenar and Kep Reyzar, both men escorted by a small contingent of four
Elite Raptor Commandos to serve as their personal protection, would arrive at the hangar where a single Sith Infltration Shuttle awaited them. Within just a few minutes, that shuttle had emerged from the primary ventral hangar of the FDS Hand of Judgement, headed straight for the surface of Dorvalla. The Final Dawn had big plans for Dorvalla and by the end of the day, the entire world would silently fall under their sphere right under the nose of the Rimward Trade League.

STARSHIP: Tra'tena SPEEDER: Burbr ARMOR: Gar'Katya
WEAPONS: Ravenfire - Burbr'sacitr - Burbr'sacitayr - Nuhaatyc'bedtr
RTL_Sig.png

Corbin landed his ship about 50 kilometers from his target sight. He'd wanted to remain lowkey in case there were any hostiles or traps in the area. He had no idea what kind of situation he was walking into. So, he would walk in stealthy. Well, he would ride in stealthy. 50 kilometers is a bit of a trek on foot, but he had a really fast speeder that would get him there in practically no time. He weaved the Force around himself, altering both sound and light. Making sure his ship was cloaked, he sped off toward the site.

He arrived at his destination. It was a collapsed mineshaft. That wasn't a good sign. A brief look around showed no signs of life in the vicinity, at least as far as his Force Sight was concerned. There were ways of hiding from his Force Sight, but even that left tell-tale signs if you knew what to look for. It would look like a puzzle with a piece missing, a conspicuous absence of the Force. But Corbin saw none of that here. He could tell the cave-in of the mine shaft had gone fairly deep, too deep to easily dig out, and there were no signs of life on the other side. They had to be further in. A scan from the demolitions sensor in his helmet showed there had not been any explosives used. It was either an accidental cave in or had been done mechanically, with someone purposefully taking out the support beams.
He had to get past the rubble. He could use Telekinesis to lift rocks out, but that would take a while. His best bet would be to Pull it all out at once. Unfortunately, with how earth there was, this would be a tall task. He could only think of one way to pull this off. He pulled in as much of the Force as he could, feeling the Power flood into and through him. He then used Inspire on himself, boosting his courage and strengthening his Force connection. He was then able to draw upon even more of the Force, much more than he could hold normally. It seemed the Force fed off his positive emotions, multiplying with them. The only caveat is this would be very taxing on him physically and emotionally afterward. But it was something he could deal with. He had to find his comrade.
Corbin reached out with the Force and grabbed hold off all the rock in between him and the part of the shaft that was still whole and Pulled with all his might. The earth started to quake under the pressure. Corbin shouted out a battle cry to amp himself even more and heaved. The ground exploded as the rock flew from the cave, carrying Corbin with it....

Yvette Rameri Yvette Rameri Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

Something shifted in the Force and Cryx held himself still for a moment. The attention of the guards was elsewhere and he took that option. He slid his hand down along his boot and worked his finger into the hidden boot latch. It sprang with a tiny click and he pressed a button.

A small transmitter activated, sending a concentrated burst of information with the coordinates up into space. ORION would be able to trace it. Their freelancers would be able to get it as well.

That done, he slid a small Terminus shiv from the sole of the boot and used it to pry open the bonds. That was the start he needed and now he could wait.

Pyeth watched the rodent as he concentrated, eyes focused upon a treat he had placed in the cage. He caught the Wevil in the cargo hold, feeding on a recent shipment of grain. Rather than let the quartermaster kill it as Admiral Xihuitl suggested he took it as a pet.

For a time it ignored the treat, sniffing around as though it lay unseen. Then came a beep from the door breaking his focus, the creature immediately darted for the food.

Pyeth sighed, "Come in."

He recognised that plumage anywhere. Nadira, one of his instructors. "I thought you might have been resting, after our last bout." He glanced back at the cage. "Practicing Mind Trick again?" She added prompting Pyeth to nod.

"I didn't want Master Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun lessons going to waste." He said getting to his feet.

"Oh but mine don't matter?" She teased throwing him a robe. "What's this?" He asked, quizzically.

The fabric felt lighter and lacked the sleeves of a traditional Jedi robe. "I commissioned them for you. After our last couple of sparring matches it was becoming evident your old set didn't suite our... Unique biology. Tell me how many Jedi can fly?"

Pyeth couldn't help but smile, "Thank you, but why now?"

"Perceptive, maybe there is hope for you yet." She sighed, "We received a distress signal, Admiral wants us to investigate."

"A mission?" He asked surprised and equally excited. "If that's what you would call it. Come on, get dressed and follow me to the hanger. I'll brief you."

" In his own words, the Reliant wouldn't go unnoticed and might escalate the situation planet side. So he rather send a smaller team, so he's deploying some ORION agents and a few other specialists. Apparently, that includes Jedi. I've already informed your Master, but he comes it is anyone's guess."

Pyeth looked confused, he hoped Tiland would come. He never acted alone before, but he supposed it was going to happen at some point just not so soon after Rishi.

"Whqt about you?" Pyeth asked, giving her a worried look.

"The Reliant is heading to some upstart rebellion. The Admiral wants me on deck in case they try anything. It's a show of force, nothing more I'll be fine."

Pyeth throwing the robes on nodded nervously. Silently praying that Tiland would be there, or join them. Perhaps sensing his doubts she grabbed his shoulder, "Pyeth. This isn't Rishi. Control your emotions and let the Force guide you. If Tiland can make it, great. If not you have his teachings to guide you, and mine to protect you."

She paused as a voice was raised over the hanger intercoms, "Black Cats report to hanger deck 03 for immediate deployment."

"That would include you, and the others. Pyeth whatever happens the Force will be with you." Nadira said giving a playful salute as she turned back into the heart of the ship.

"You too." He replied uncertain, both worried and excited. Honestly, he hoped Tiland would be there.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | Cryx Tillian Cryx Tillian

Dagobah

This was a wild world, one untrammeled by the civilizations that claimed to rule, be they Empire, Republic, Alliance, or League. There were things here that did not desire to be disturbed, let alone civilized, and Tiland had come to help soothe them, where he could.

A chime on his comlink buzzed and he picked it up, looking it over. A distress signal from Dorvalla? That had been a surprise. And Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki was on his way.

Tiland considered, tilting his head in thought, before sending a confirmation.

I'll be there as soon as I can.

STARSHIP: Tra'tena SPEEDER: Burbr ARMOR: Gar'Katya
WEAPONS: Ravenfire - Burbr'sacitr - Burbr'sacitayr - Nuhaatyc'bedtr
Rimward_Trade_League_v2.png

Corbin awoke to a pinging in his ear. It was a distress signal. And it was coming from way underground. Cryx Tillian.
Corbin tried to move, but he couldn't. He was stuck, buried under the rubble he had Pulled from the mineshaft. "Well, this is just great," he groaned. His armor has easily withstood the force, but it had not nullified all of the shock from hitting his insides. His guts ached and his mind reeled a bit. His armor had auto-activated its bacta pump, which would help him heal, but it would take some time. He Pushed the dirt away from him, uncovering himself. Now free, he staggered to his feet.
The mineshaft was now open. Corbin punched a command on his bracer computer and sent it on autopilot back to his ship. He was starting to feel a little better as the anesthetics kicked in. He descended down the mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom