Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Burbr'Katya | Corbin Vasher's Personal Beskar'gam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burbr'Katya

52053168104_51c2b5a20f_o.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Beskar'gam
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very High
    • Kinetic: Very High
    • EMP/Ion: High
    • Lightsabers: Extreme
    • Chemical: High
    • Environmental: High
    • Radiation: Very Low
    • Magnetic: Very Low
    • All Others: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Full-Body:
  • Flightsuit:
  • Helmet: Buy'ce.
    • HUD.
      • Computer Interface.
      • Aural Amplifier.
      • Motion Sensor.
      • Mechanical Interface.
      • Medical Interface.
      • Demolitions Sensor.
      • Rangefinder.
    • Encrypted Long-Range Transmitter (Internal)
  • Right Vambrace:
  • Gloves:
  • Left Shoulder:
  • Right Shoulder:
  • Left Arm:
    • Integrated Advanced Memory Expansions (Internal).
  • Right Arm:
  • Chestplate:
  • Backplate:
  • Utility Belt:
    • Medpac.
    • Tool Kit.
    • Liquid Cable Dispenser with Grapple Hook.
    • Ration Packs (20).
    • Data Cards (10, unused).
    • Spare Power Pack.
    • Spare Energy Cells (2).
  • Bandoliers:
    • Power Packs (24).
  • Left Leg (Lower):
  • Left Leg (Upper):
  • Right Leg (Lower):
  • Right Leg (Upper):
  • Boots:
  • Other:
    • Sleeveless Trench Coat-style Cortosisweave Shadowsilk Cloak with Raven-Styled Hood.
      • Hood has a piece of cloth inside that can fold down to cover the entire face/visor.
STRENGTHS

• Lyadtr Steel: A beskar steel alloy that Corbin personally made via guidance of the Force that not only improves on it's strengths, but makes a beautiful feathered banding pattern. Offers superior protection from energy, kinetic, and especially lighsaber attacks.
  • Full-Body Armor: No part of the body is exposed.
  • Cortosis Reinforcements: Weaker areas, such as the joints and neck, are reinforced with extra cortosis weave that displaces energy and deactivates lightsabers.
  • Force Alchemy: Created using a Jensaarai variant of Sith Alchemy and the Force. This further strengthens the armor beyond normal capabilities and protects it against chemical attacks. It also allows the suit to be powered via the Force if the internal generator fails (as from an Ion attack). Also boosts stealth-related Force abilities.
  • Force Attunement: As Jensaarai armor, Corbin has attuned to it and can use the Force to doff the armor and control it like a remote-control droid.
  • Stealth: Reflec finish, shadowsilk flightsuit and cloak, and a stealth field generator all allow for superior stealth capabilities.
  • Droid Suit: Advanced slicer computer (for both slicing and normal computer needs), software upgrades, lots of memory.
  • Mobile: Surprisingly easy to move in if you have the strength and experience with heavy infantry armor. The armor is designed to cover the entire body yet still allow freedom of movement.
  • Modularity: Beskar'gam can be upgraded very easily.

WEAKNESSES
  • Heavy: Cannot be used without significant strength training and experience with heavy armor.
  • Limited Force Protection: Offers protection only from direct-damage Force attacks (Force Lightning, Ballistakinetics, etc.) and no others.
  • Limited Stealth: The reflec shadowskin, stealth field generator, and shadowsilk do not protect against Force Sense.
  • Flightless: No jetpack and too heavy for one.
  • Defensive: Has limited offense, especially for Mandalorian armor.
  • Reverse Slicing: With all the electronics, it is possible to hack the suit and control it. (This can mostly be counter by Corbin's ability to power the suit via the Force, though the ability doesn't work in a Force Suppression field.)
  • Force Suppression: Like any Force ability, Corbin cannot power the suit via the Force in any area where the Force is suppressed or inaccessible. This also suppresses the capabilities of Force Alchemy, from extra resilience to improved stealth.

DESCRIPTION
When Corbin Vasher completed his verd'goten and Jensaarai Defender trials, he earned the right to both his Mandalorian armor and his Jensaarai Defender armor. He combined the two, using the Jensaarai variant of Sith Alchemy and the Force to forge his own custom beskar'gam from a unique beskar steel alloy. The result was both Jensaarai and Mandolorian. It is a heavy, infantry-type armor with feathered banding patterns in the steel. The metal plating all has thermal gel underneath to absorb kinetic energy and protect against concussive attacks. The helmet has a Y-shaped visor and is a little more sleek and narrow than most Mando helms. With the feathered banding pattern, it gives the image of a bird. The black reflec finish gives it a raven theme, and it even has his raven signet branded on his right pauldron. The left pauldron has the Enclave Forgemaster signet engraved on it. On the back, hidden by the cloak, is engraved the Jensaarai insignia. The flightsuit underneath is made from shadowsilk with a cortosis armorweave and has cortosis reinforcements at the neck and moving joints and hands. The gauntlets are cortosis gauntlets with the beskar alloy plating and can function as shock-boxing gloves. Corbin has spent the last six years upgrading his armor with electronic devices and tools. He mainly uses it for defense and as a symbol, and prefers using fists, blasters, or his lightsaber for offense. The beskar alloy reduces the weight of the armor itself by half (similar to armorplast) but all the additional upgrades offsets the reduced weight.
The greatest exploitable weakness in this armor would be to simultaneously Force Suppression and Slicing to hack the suit. This would be rather difficult, but possible. The would suppress the Force Alchemy enhancements and allow the opponent to control the everything on the suit except for physical movement. This includes vacuum seals and environmental/temperature regulation controls.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

Interesting armour, and yes, it is very overpowered.
  • Please link your bio or your profile to the Manufacturer and Affiliation.
  • Please add the "Sith Alchemy" to the material.
  • You mentioned the Cloaking Device in the Strengths, but not in the special feature. Please add it to that too.
  • And your ratings, it is too overpowered (+17), please fix it.
    • If you're not sure how this working you can find the Technology Spreadsheet here. You need to copy to your drive first, and after this you're able to use it.
  • Kinetic (Piercing): Extreme and Kinetic (Concussive): High | This is only one resistance, a simple kinetic.
  • And because of the Force Alchemy, please add one more weakness to your weakness list. What happen with the armour under Force Suppression and/or Force Nullification effects?

• You mentioned the Cloaking Device in the Strengths, but not in the special feature. Please add it to that too.
    • If you're not sure how this working you can find the Technology Spreadsheet here. You need to copy to your drive first, and after this you're able to use it.
  • Kinetic (Piercing): Extreme and Kinetic (Concussive): High | This is only one resistance, a simple kinetic.
  • And because of the Force Alchemy, please add one more weakness to your weakness list. What happen with the armour under Force Suppression and/or Force Nullification effects?
I cannot use Google Drive at the moment. Not sure why, but it isn't compatible with this device. I just have to wing it. And totally forgot about Force suppression. I'm honestly not sure if Sith Alchemy items are suppressed or not. I'll reply again once I've made changes. And the cloaking device is listed in special features (stealth field generator) but I had forgotten to list the Reflec polymer.

Last edited:
So far I have made the following changes:
*Linked myself as Manufacturer
*Lowered Electricity resist to Average (not sure why I put High TBH)
*Combined Kinetic resists and split the diff for Very High
*Added Sith Alchemy to material (originally hadn't because it's a process, not material, but I don't mind adding it if you wish)
*Added Reflec to Special Features
*Added sentence in description about combining slicing with Force suppression as armor's greatest weakness.
*Added slicer chip to special features.

More changes coming

Last edited:

I've made as many changes as I could think of right now. Let me know how close it is, please.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge

• Still +12. And yes, the Sith Alchemy is required, and I know that is a process, but you need to write it.
  • The "Disorientation" is not a resistance, please remove this entirely.
  • About the ratings, you don't need the spreadsheet, this is a simple math.
    • Production: Mass production (0 point) | Minor (-1 point) | Limited (-2 points) | Semi-unique (-3 points) | Unique (-4 points)
    • Weight: Extreme (-3 points) | Very Heavy (-2 points) | Heavy (-1 point) | Average (0 point) | Light (+1 point) | Very Light (+2 points) | Weightless (+3 points)
    • Resistances: None (-3 points) | Very Low (-2 points) | Low (-1 point) | Average (0 point) | High (+1 point) | Very High (+2 points) | Extreme (+3 points)
  • Force Nullification weakness... I meant what is the effect on your armour. Because you wrote above this:
    Created using a Jensaarai variant of Sith Alchemy and the Force. This further strengthens the armor beyond normal capabilities and protects it against chemical attacks. It also allows the suit to be powered via the Force if the internal generator fails (as from an Ion attack). Also boosts stealth-related Force abilities.
    This means the Force suppression/nullification need to decrease the defences as well, and he can't feed the armor either. The stealth-related Force abilities also weaken or cannot be used. Here I'm interested in that what is the effect on the armour, not on your character.

And please note spamming posts is not allowed, so please post only one post where you inform me about the changes you made. And if you make edits after this, edit your post every time if you change something before I re-checked your sub, and please do not post again and again.

• Still +12. And yes, the Sith Alchemy is required, and I know that is a process, but you need to write it.
  • The "Disorientation" is not a resistance, please remove this entirely.
  • About the ratings, you don't need the spreadsheet, this is a simple math.
    • Production: Mass production (0 point) | Minor (-1 point) | Limited (-2 points) | Semi-unique (-3 points) | Unique (-4 points)
    • Weight: Extreme (-3 points) | Very Heavy (-2 points) | Heavy (-1 point) | Average (0 point) | Light (+1 point) | Very Light (+2 points) | Weightless (+3 points)
    • Resistances: None (-3 points) | Very Low (-2 points) | Low (-1 point) | Average (0 point) | High (+1 point) | Very High (+2 points) | Extreme (+3 points)
  • Force Nullification weakness... I meant what is the effect on your armour. Because you wrote above this:

This means the Force suppression/nullification need to decrease the defences as well, and he can't feed the armor either. The stealth-related Force abilities also weaken or cannot be used. Here I'm interested in that what is the effect on the armour, not on your character.

And please note spamming posts is not allowed, so please post only one post where you inform me about the changes you made. And if you make edits after this, edit your post every time if you change something before I re-checked your sub, and please do not post again and again.
(My apologies on spammy posts)
-Removed Disorientation from Resistances
-lowered Radiation Resist from average to very low.
-raised weight from average to heavy
-Lowered Chemical resist from high to average (I guess acids could get in through openings and eat away at the seals)
-Fixed some links that pointed to swse instead of wookieepedia
-Reworded Sith Alchemy to Force Alchemy
-Expanded upon Force Suppression effect on suit. (Is that more like what you're asking?)
-Reduced Biological resist from extreme to very high
-Reduced EMP/Ion, Pressure, Vacuum, Extreme Hot, Extreme Cold, and Biological Resists from Very High to High
I think this should still be +1?

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge

This is still +4.
I suggest to merge the following resistance into one, a single Environmental:
  • Pressure: High
  • Extreme Heat: High
  • Extreme Cold: High
  • Vacuum: High
In that case your ratings are still be overpowered with +2, and maybe you can decrease 2 extreme ratings into Very High. Those are still more than enough.

This is still +4.
I suggest to merge the following resistance into one, a single Environmental:

In that case your ratings are still be overpowered with +2, and maybe you can decrease 2 extreme ratings into Very High. Those are still more than enough.
Excellent idea! Melded those four into Environmental resist.
Lowered Energy and kinetic resist to very high.
I had forgotten removing disorientation bumped it back up a few points.
Should do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom