Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion The Missing Delegation (RTL Dominion of Dorvalla)

Standing in the belly of the Gladius gunship he listened to the idle exchange of banter. It was light teasing mixed interwoven into discussions about the mission parameters. Which allowed him to observe with limited involvement, which suited him just fine.

"We've isolated the signal to these coordinates. We believe the target is underground so Air Support will be limited. As a result, our team designated Alpha, will be on recon. Black Cats will drop us on the outskirts, alongside our Lotus friend."

"Ah yes, the Rishii. What was it?"

Pyeth sighed having hoped to avoid any excessive attention. "Pyeth. I'm hoping we can resolve this peacefully."

"We'll be lucky. Distress signals are usually a hostage situation."

"Which is why we will be preparing to infiltrate. Pyeth will confirm the targets location, and if possible negotiate their release."

Pyeth cautiously nodded, how did Nadira rope him into this? She probably thought it was a good thing.

"Really? Poor bird looks shell shocked." One of the squad mused.

He knew it was a joke, but it sounded on point. "It might be my first mission, independent of any oversight." He said, still hopeful he would meet Tiland.

"Still your Rishii. You can mimick voices, that could be useful." Added another, a Twi'lek female.

Pyeth knew what she wanted to hear and sighed, "'You can mimick voices', yes I can."

She smirked hearing her own voice, "We might have to call on you if we encounter any voice locks."

"Anyway... Team Bravo will be securing our Exfiltration, and Team Charlie are in reserve to provide support. Any questions?"

Pyeth remained silent trying to hide his nativity. "Good. ETA is in five."

Pyeth landed softly on his talons, waving off the Gunship as it left him in the dust. The air was dry the arid environment made for uncomfortable breathing.

He always wondered what drove people to settle such environments, it was a place not lived in but merely survived.

Currently with no clear sign of Tiland he crouched low touching his wing to the earth. Closing his eyes he reached out with the Force, try to make sense of any local wildlife or fauna that might suggest a mineshaft or any other underground structures.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher | Cryx Tillian Cryx Tillian

Objectives: 1 and 2
Tags: Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian Porro Tanau Porro Tanau
(Forgive me, I have been sick)

Yvette's shoulders curled inwards as she sat down in the booth, shielding the space directly before her from view. It was crowded in the hazy cantina, but one could never be too careful. She was already aware that she stuck out like a sore thumb from the general populace. Still, as long as she stuck to the fringes, it seemed that she passed mostly unnoticed by the surly folk occupying the cantina who were far more content to gamble or drink away their hard earned credits at the booths in the center of the bar. Yvette's mouth quirked in a wry grimace at the thought. If she were in their shoes, she'd be concentrating everything she had on getting off this forsaken rock. But she supposed she couldn't blame them. After all, they did say liquor cured the spirit, a malady certainly in desperate need of triage here.

Which she supposed was partially why she was so very confident that she could find the Gamorrean ganger that she had autopsied yesterday here. She found her moment when a host droid paused its rattling stutter at the perimeter of her booth. Her violet eye flicked over towards it as she considered a request that wouldn't be too outlandish. "Do you have any Chava Chava? Hot please?" She asked, sliding up her nanite hive side's hand to deposit the necessary credits into the waiting collection slot. Whilst she was there, fingers outstretched mere centimeters from the smooth, frigid surface of the droid's exoskeleton, she cloned a copy of the droid's memory banks to her personal datapad. After the droid had indicated its assent and tottered off, she proceeded in the tedious task of scrolling through the previous few nights in search of her target. She recalled a mental image of his appearance, and using nanite assisted estimations, tried to give him the zest of life from before he became the pall, unresponsive enigma that had landed on her table.

It was in the midst of this process that Aeshi found her. She was completely absorbed in discreetly scanning the scene for any significant clue that her violet eye never even left her unobtrusive datapad. Not even as a tingle ran up her spine; the nanites way of warning her she was in danger. She guessed from the way they tugged at her, that it was some sort of energy weapon. Karking greedy little things. Always looking to feed. She thought to herself. Her low melodic voice reached Aeshi as she lifted a finger towards the seat opposite her. "Dr. Yvette Rameri. And yes I am. I assume as you're speaking to me, you have a problem you believe I can help with?"

Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

Tiland shaded his eyes with one hand, squinting into the distance. A shape appeared from above before disappearing back into the upper atmosphere. That, he suspected, would be Pyeth. Corbin was here as well somewhere.

The old monk picked up his pace, settling into a comfortable pace as he crossed the dust-covered ground until a familiar figure appeared. Avian, and certainly out of place here, but not much more than Tiland was.

He took a slow sip from a thermos of cold mint tea and nodded in welcome. "Good to see you again, Pyeth."

Yvette Rameri Yvette Rameri Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

"A doctor? All the way out here?" Aeshi asked in surprise, sliding into the chair and nudging the other one back for Porro. "And yes, that we can. We're... looking into rumors."

She kept the words vague, at first, trying to gauge the doctor. Something seemed off in the Force, but she couldn't guess why. It was unsettling and as she considered it, she realized that had been the normal case.

"Not from around here?" Aeshi asked, resting her elbows on the table. "Name's Tillian. Some friends of mine have gone missing here on Dorvalla."

Jack of All Trades. Master of None

YVvl2JkIif4HmjOImgOVPcY9bA7iyIRi3MaL-R_2qoeqhRiNx8viEeM7ijBVkEmMe8rTJhZ6OuFVHojKV8XLhG6DUr1G2mJ24meTFB_Tr3tqgYndPSmWIryRgpKiBS1bcQ68tPDqUs0Hj53ojr_mSJ-pdjSpi0_lDZri_roU3Q6Fc8Oia5WRcavKoBbfXA

OBJECTIVE 1
Tags: Yvette Rameri Yvette Rameri | Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian

postdivider1-oq829tyf96pp5ds8dshlfjadl3db0iuoyi4pk2ry7c.png

Porro joined Aeshi at the table of the tall blonde woman with the eye patch. She definitely stuck out here, which made Porro less than surprised when she announced she was a doctor. He was ready for her to say just about anything. And he didn’t doubt at all that Yvette was a doctor, but something told him there was more to the story.

The young man took the seat that Aeshi pushed out for him and listened. “Porro,” the man introduced himself to the doctor. “Porro Tanau. Not talented enough for a title in front of my name like doctor or captain. But I help get things done. You’re out here looking for something too. Perhaps we can help each other?”

Pyeth stood slowly watching the venerable gentleman approaching from the sands. Immediately he reached out with the Force, a breeze of energy that brushed over the sands.

The response he got was, unexpected. He did not doubt Nadira's word, and he didn't expect Tiland to ignore. Perhaps send a message of comfort? This. This made him relieved and content.

Pyeth moved briskly forward, the familiar voice of his Master confirmed it. He raised a wing, offering shelter and shade from the baking sun.

"Master Tiland," He welcomed coming to the monks side. "It's good to see you again. Sorry if my mission has dragged you away from Dagobah."

"There was a distress call, Admiral Quauhatli seems to believe it could be a hostage situation. I wanted to find them, maybe resolve matters diplomatically."

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun | Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

There was movement in the Force. He could sense it at the edge of his awareness. A mixture of presences. At least two Jedi and one of the more familiar Jensaarai.

He let out a breath of life and slid the device into the cuffs around his ankles, sliding them off.

The transmitter had burnt out its power cell, but the help was close. He just needed a way to attract their attention.

Cryx closed his eyes, inhaling deeply, and opening his mind to the Force. He was not particularly powerful, as far as things were concerned, but he thought it would work to get the attention of the closest.

He sent a burst of feeling through the Force, reaching out to them, but then his mind faded and went black.

Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Yvette Rameri Yvette Rameri Porro Tanau Porro Tanau Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

"An excellent goal," Tiland agreed, leaning on his staff as his eyes roamed the horizon of the dust-covered world. "Resolving the situation peacefully will be better in the long run."

He paused as a surge of sensation rippled through the Force, and he turned to gauge the reaction of his padawan. "Did you feel that?"

This could be a valuable learning experience for Pyeth, if they could ensure the hostages could be rescued without their lives being put under undue risk. He had felt the ripple of emotions in his feathered friend. Relief and uncertainty earlier. He suspected Pyeth was fully capable of this mission without his aid, but sometimes it took a bit more for students to feel comfortable spreading their wings.

So to speak. Not necessarily literal in this case.

Ear tufts twitched, feeling the wave of energy wash beneath him. This was an unexpected turn of events, for a moment he tried to isolate the feeling hoping it might give more direction, but it stopped abruptly.

Still it offered invaluable direction, he knew it came from the west and they must have been reasonably near. It also alerted him to the possibility that their adversaries were more informed than he thought. If they had captured a Jedi, even a trained Force Sensitive he couldn't afford to underestimate them.

His master sensed it too, giving him confidence in his feelings. "I sense it too." He confirmed, "But it's gone now. We best act swiftly, they could be injured."

With a sense of urgency he began a steady trek to west, using what time he had to catch up with his Master.

"Did you learn anything on Dagobah Master?" He asked, shortly before they reached a chasm. The old mines crossing below them, he looked at Tiland concerned.

He could fly, his Master, at least to his knowledge couldn't and he didn't want to rush ahead. "It's quite the ways down, think we can climb it?"

Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Porro Tanau Porro Tanau

"Wise opinion," Tiland agreed, nodding, following behind his younger pupil, letting Pyeth take the lead. "And I learned a few things, indeed. The ruins of the old Jedi temples on Mount Yoda at least still have the bones functional and the Dark Cave is like it's been, fluctuating between dark and gray for a long time. But it can work well as a fortified world against the Sith to the South."

He was no master of military strategy, but it made sense. There were no civilians to defend on Dagobah, nor any infrastructure that couldn't be lost. It was a planet too rich with life to be easily beaten by the Dark Side. Not that it was... good, per se.

It was wild in a way that defied Jedi and Sith thinking alike. Neutral, perhaps, but even then, not really. It was... the Living Force, in balance with itself and the Cosmic Force, only barely touched by sentient beings.

"We could climb, certainly," Tiland said, looking down, "But I could also jump."

STARSHIP: Tra'tena SPEEDER: Burbr ARMOR: Gar'Katya
WEAPONS: Ravenfire - Burbr'sacitr - Burbr'sacitayr - Nuhaatyc'bedtr
RTL_Sig.png

As Corbin descended the mine shaft, he started the feel much better. The bacta was kicking in and accelerating his healing.
He felt a pulse in the Force from deep below. It was definitely Cryx Tillian Cryx Tillian , his fellow Jensaarai. That confirmed Corbin was definitely going in the right direction. It was still a ways to go, though. He contemplated increasing his speed, but he didn't want to rush into a possible trap. He had no idea what awaited down there, and he still needed to heal. So, he kept a steady brisk pace. He was confident Cryx would be able to hold out. Not only was he Jensaarai, he was also a Tillian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom