Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Map Reset Answer | The Next Galactic Event

Ciara said:
Interesting. Wonder how small groups, ronin-like wanderers, nomads and indies will factor into the map event and the galactic event as a whole.
Factions, especially Major Factions, get targeted because they contain large groups of people. This is obviously what we're aiming for - to reach and affect the masses.

While there is always a place for small groups, ronin-like wanderers, nomads and indies in every event we do... there obviously won't be a portion of the "map event" that pertains to you, because these groups don't have a presence on the map.

It is easier and more enticing to target large groups of people than the outliers, it always will be. However, whereas these large groups have to accept the consequences impending upon them, people like yourself have the freedom to join whichever portion of the event you wish.

Sounds like another excuse for people to cause OOC drama for the sake of grabbing as much of the pie for their faction as they can. I'd just kill off the "Map" concept, give every faction planets that fit them the most (Republic - Coruscant, Sith - Korriban, etc, etc), get rid of Dominions and Invasions, and for the smaller factions and new factions, let them create their own planets for their faction. In the end, the galaxy only grows, and the idiots don't have an excuse to cause flame wars anymore.

I'm open to an event, always, since it's a great field for RP. But the map stuff around it is only going to cause trouble, IMO.

The map has always given me inspiration and intrigue for all my alts. Like a reward that I earn but I can also lose if i don't defend it.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]
IC drama is fine, it's when OOC drama happens that it becomes a thing. The site i mentioned before had A LOT more OOC drama than this site. Partially due to elitism, partially due to someone with a nasty cult of personality, but mainly because there was no way to do anything. Nothing you did had any impact on anything - map, canon, storyline, etc. It literally devolved into a "who's dating who" and "who's kid is who having this time" along with the "how many kids is so and so gonna have this week?" I left because of the pointlessness of it all and because on Chaos I can do what that site can't: make an impact.

Dromund Kaas is still recovering from what [member="Captain Larraq"] did to it back in JANUARY. [member="Jorus Merrill"] added new locations and miniature galaxies to the storyline and I can guess he's planning more. The One Sith took the galactic Republic's capital practically OVERNIGHT in a move that shook the galaxy to the core IC'ly and, to an extent, OOC'ly. The Omega Protectorate and the ACA still recall the IC horrors of Druckenweld. The Fringe assimilated the Atrisian Empire when it could no longer stand on its own, forging closer bonds and stronger ties.

There will always be drama, no matter what site you're on unless it's just a site among a few friends. Even then, though, drama can happen. From personal experience, a tight knit site of a handful of friends can still fall. It can still suffer from drama.

If you want a place that is 100% drama free, you're not going to get it outside of just reading fiction. Chaos has its fair share of drama and sometimes it spills out on to the board, but after years of RPing in Star Wars and other areas I can gladly say that Chaos is, by far, the most drama-free, play by post RPG site I've ever seen on the web.

My suggestion: Instead of bitterly looking at things and demanding things to go away - and this is coming from someone who greatly dislikes the idea of a map reset, mind you - learn to, as you said elsewhere, make lemonade from lemons. Hell, you aren't even required to play by the map. I run Tenloss with my alt, Popo. I've had my fit throwing moments over the map, but once you look at it... you don't need to pay it any mind. It's there, sure, no one's forcing you to do anything with it. Tenloss spans multiple factions and all through neutral space while being based in Mandalorian space. My other alts own companies in other factions. Most notably would be Tanaka Drive Yards on Asahi, a planet held by the One Sith. Eisenwelt Eisenwerke on Eisenwelt, a neutral planet. Voltolini Clothing Inc is on Umbara, a Republic world.

You get what you put into it. If you only put in drama, you'll only get drama. You put in effort and time and creativity, you'll get it back. Sure, sometimes you get a wild drama-card in the mix, but what's life without a little gambling?

Joshua DragonsFlame said:
But the map stuff around it is only going to cause trouble, IMO.
Staff's gonna be hushed up in the next few following weeks in anticipation of the event, so we're not going to be answering anymore questions until the announcements are made.... but [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] brings up a good point.

The map stuff is gonna 'cause trouble.

...That's why we're doing it.

Joshua DragonsFlame said:
Not surprised.
wLStf2N.gif

sabrina

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] it will have to do, I guess. Though it would be useful to know for planning, for some minor factions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom