Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simlulations and reality were staggeringly different. Loske's wings came to a close just as [member="Raph Tritum"]'s fighter was consumed by the explosive flames that blossomed against the darkness.

"Come in, Bruno! What was that?"

"Looked like no mercy, that's what, way to go - kid! Crazy flying!"

"Torpedoes are for that main objective, not the pawn Bruno!"

"Sounds like someone's gettin' a suspension when we get back to base!" someone whistled, spirits still high from the performance executed by the blonde.

She was mostly deaf. The difference between simulations and the reality of being responsible for someones life being extinguished was very different. She was a hot-shot-talker, but in reality, all of those memories had been planted. The TIE fighter now floating listlessly in the midst of the space struggle was her first official kill.

And her stomach was protesting furiously. It was almost the same feeling as the death tolls on Karfeddion, but the roar in her belly was dar more minute. She just gagged several times as she re-engaged her S-foils to lock into attack position.

"Bruno! You've two on your back!"

Someone curled in from the 90 and plowed through them, all Loske could see in the rear, ad from the beeps of the R9, that two new explosions had littered the sky. Her trigger finger was stagnant, and she felt as useless as they came. The only thing her fighter was doing now, was screaming forward toward the Vanguard fleet.

[member="Choli Vyn"]

"What I have to offer?" The mercenary asked with his left mouth, "I have been a slaver my entire life. I have captured almost 200 men, and killed a few less. I have led raiding parties and fighter squadrons alike." Out of his right mouth came a continuation, "I don't care to elaborate any further."

Truth was that he exaggerated his claims, but his face belied otherwise. It was a lie that he tricked himself into treating it as a truth. Truth was he had captured 50 men himself at most. He never counted those that he killed, it was for bad sport. The drunks at the cantinas he placed bets with were more than likely to believe it though.

"Besides, the only reason your coalition is looking for people like me is because you know that you're soldiers are untrained They would rather use primitive bows and arrows than a blaster. You're not going to be able to kill anyone with bows anymore. You're military is underfunded and has almost nothing to go against the Alliance at this point."

Of course, like the Tunroth, he had come from a race of hunters, a race of fighters and warriors. He knew the look that the old tunroth gave him was a beg to fight. Why?

(sorry, I thought I had posted this a while ago, I was wondering why there were no responses yet :/)
[member="Fatty"]

Objective E - REBEL
Allies - Members of the Oversector Coalition, and hired Mercenaries such as [member="Cyrus Tregessar"], [member="KeCholo"], [member="Vex Kumud"], [member="The Executor"], [member="Kuvantu"], [member="Gulliver Foyle"]
Enemies - The Galactic Alliance, like [member="Taeli Raaf"], or [member="Elaine Thul"]
Location - Abraxas staging area

"Done." Maxicar stuck out his hand to shake on it with Gulliver. In the next several days, the Lortans would attempt to create, buy or otherwise steal pieces of Artillery, transport them to the staging point, and find some means that they might be able to smuggle them onto Belsavis as the Invasion occurred simultaneously. They would not be able to bring much considering their limited resources, but they would do everything they could to make the most out of their support. The Mercenary would find that the Lortans were decently skillful, and could be easily commanded under a man like him.

-------------------------------------------------------------​
On the Abaraxas Welcoming Estate....
The old Tunroth Hunters towering before Kuvantu, known as Rathe Huwla, squinted his eyes as the Mercenary explained his less than pleasurable history. A slaver was no friend of a Tunroth, though no doubt the likes of Governor Kel, Barons of Kaal, and the Lortan Elite would find some means of looking past it. It wasn't his place to judge the hiring methods of the Governor, but he would have fun breaking them over his knee if he felt they deserved it. Rathe pulled out a carros arrow with a death grip and pointed a finger towards Kuvantu.

"If ya find yourself doubtin' that the tip of this arrow won't poke ya full of holes, armor an' all, ya best find a better occupation. Everyone knows to fear a wookies strength, but no one ever hears of a Tunroth's strength... would ya like to find out?" Rathe would remove the garments around his shoulders by shaking them off, and then with herculean might and a short roar the Tunroth would bury the arrow through the wall next to him

There was a silent pause from Rathe, letting the dust settle from the broken permacrete, before he continued.

"I'll hire ya, if only to see how long a sticken' slaver like you can stand in real warfare."

Allies: [member="Loske Matson"] | [member="Choli Vyn"]
Enemies: [member="Fatty"]

"They're bugging out."

"Score one for the Alliance."

"Booyah!"

The remaining Vanguard forces disappeared from the battle as they made the jump to hyperspace. No doubt limping back home to one of their many other bases and preparing themselves for a counterstrike.

Korr would worry about that another day. He turned the nose of his stealth X back toward the Alliance carrier.

"Sable Squadron this is Sable lead, nice work out there. Let's head back for debrief."

"And celebration!"

"Don't be silly Vam, Master Korr doesn't celebrate."

Ryan snorted. "Very funny."

The all-Jedi Sable squadron was composed entirely of Stealth Xs. Originally a squadron in the Republic under the Jedi Order, they'd followed Korr over to the Alliance when he'd resigned from the Order. Ryan hoped they would serve some use here on the other side of the galaxy. So far, they'd proven effective at maintaining space superiority in combat with the First Order, a foe far more reprehensible than any clan of Mandalore.

A message beeped across Korr's screen from his astromech. "Alright, put it through Ar-Nine."

The droid toodled a reply, then transmitted an urgent directive from fleet command. Korr's frown grew darker the more he read.

"Sable Squadron, negative on that last. Fleet's advanced early warning systems and deep space sensors are picking up a large group of ships emerging from hyperspace."

"The hell?"

"What's going on?"

The answer could have been any number of things. A relief convoy sent to aid the citizens of Belsavis. A second Vanguard strike force that they'd kept hidden. There was no way to be sure.

Ryan's eyes hardened, "I'm not sure, but it looks like we're not done just yet."

~REBELLION!~

Allies - Members of the Oversector Coalition, and hired Mercenaries such as [member="Cyrus Tregessar"], [member="KeCholo"], [member="Vex Kumud"], [member="The Executor"], [member="Kuvantu"], [member="Gulliver Foyle"]
Enemies - The Galactic Alliance, like [member="Ryan Korr"]
Location - Above Belsavis

Governor Ryker Kel sat in the pilot seat of a starfighter aboard his Yacht, which he donated to some Lortan Engineers to rig it into a very small carrier. It held a squadron of four, and that was when squeezed tightly together. He had his helmet on, and the life support suit surrounded by other ordinary pilots. Not one of them were extraordinary, including the Governor himself. It was very likely he could die with the rest of them, he was no ace.

What he was, however, was a leader. Despite his deplorable looks, and his seemingly debilitating weight, the Governor insisted on leading the charge in space. It was the one area of combat he was at least theoretically good at. At least, good at enough that he could be in front of the charge rather than wheezing out orders in the back. He was not that kind of leader.

"Are you ready Governor?" The squad leader came over to his Y-wing. Even though he was the Governor of Javin, if he was to be flying with his own pilots, he would follow a chain of command to someone who actually knew how to give out orders. He put his trust in his military superiors, despite having put them in their place.

"I will have to be, we'll dropping out of hyperspace any moment... and I don't expect them to be unprepared." The fighter pilot nodded, and then headed to his X-wing. The Governor pulled out a commlink and messaged another ship deployment, Prepare the troops for landing. These transports would fall to the surface of Belsavis, as the rest of the fleet would attempt to distract the Alliance defenses long enough for them to reach the relative safety of the ground. The operation would have to be as quick, as it was bold.

A number of minutes later, and the fleet arrived, locking onto targets and initiating the attack, with Transports already flying lower and lower hoping to reach the surface relatively unscathed....

Sieb Tevv

S

[member="Fatty"]

Sieb Tevv looked out of the bridge of his ship, the Arbiter, witnessing with his own eyes the newly arrived fleet. He attempted to open a line of communication with the new vessels, but the multiple target locks the arrivals were initiating quickly indicated that they were indeed not friendly.

"Unidentified ships, this is Admiral Tevv of the Galactic Alliance. Please cease targeting of our ships and state your intent."

Allied Pilots: [member="Loske Matson"] | [member="Choli Vyn"] | [member="Berric Kelso"] | [member="Asmus Janes"] | [member="Isar Kislo"]
Enemy: [member="Fatty"]

A fleet dropped out of hyperspace. Korr's chest grew tight. The day was not yet done.

"Sable Squadron, form up on me," he pressed the throttle, pushing the matte black form of the Stealth X faster to close the distance.

Shuttles and barges began deploying from the new arrivals dozens of them. Korr's eyes grew steely, picking out various classes of landing shuttles and dropships among the lot. This was no tense confrontation. It was an invasion.

"Sable Lead to Sable Squadron, do not open fire unless fired upon. Forget the shuttles, move in for their command ships."

The Stealth X-wings, more or less invisible to sensors, began to encroach on the nearest and largest capital ship. Korr started calculating vectors of approach and attack runs.

Allies: Those who continue to participate in the ground side of the rebellion
Enemies: [member="Fatty"] so far

"Master Raaf, multiple contacts dropping out of hyperspace," the sensor officer said from his station. Taeli had stayed in the command center, monitoring the continued campaign on the ground while waiting to see what might be heading their way. "Point of origin is from Abraxas, judging by reversion vector and origin into the system."

"They're deploying ground transports," another sensor officer yelled from his station. "Multiple targets heading for atmosphere, ETA to ground side three minutes approximately."

"Have all ground batteries prepare to fire when this new force breaks the cloud line," she ordered. "Inform all commands that enemy forces are arriving from the sky and that High Command needs to get the rest of the fleet here or to Abraxas."

On the ground multiple squads of soldiers were dug in, waiting for this new enemy to land. AA guns whirred to life, tracking the distant points that were ships breaching atmosphere ... and then once they were close enough, unleashing a firestorm of AA fire. The objective: take down as many transports as they could of this ramshackle force that was appearing. Taeli, in the command center, was flummoxed by the disjointed styles of all the ships. Apparently someone had been spending a lot of money on hiring mercs to do the job because of those ships seemed to either belong in a museum or were privately owned ships that had been modified. Lovely.

Allies: Galactic Alliance - [member="Loske Matson"] | [member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="Asmus Janes"]
Enemy: [member="Fatty"]
Equipment: Stealth X-wing

The bright blue flash of the star-fighter and accompanying fleet bringing its way through faster than life speeds rushed towards him as he arrived in the star cluttered space over Belsavis. Berric's demeanor and expression revealed no show of emotion as the pilot shifted his gaze along the battle. The comms crackling before revealing the voice of Ryan Korr
"Sable Squadron, form up on me,"
Greeted the Correllian to the situation as he maintained comm silence and pressed on one of the many buttons scattered upon the dashboard of the X-wing to bring his targeting computer in front of his vision, the overlay scanning the various ships, his hazel gaze glancing to them as they appeared before spotting Sable lead's X-wing, his S-foils still shut against one another as he met the fellow pilot at his right wing, following his designated orders without a comment.

"Sable Lead to Sable Squadron, do not open fire unless fired upon. Forget the shuttles, move in for their command ships."
Berric again replied not with affirmation but with diligence, bringing the targeting computer back afront of his vision and scanning it along the surface of the capital ships as they encroached the forefinger of his right hand hovering over the button used to release proton torpedoes as he carefully calculated and planned for weaknesses on the ship, keeping close to Ryan's right flank.

Tilda Sai

T
Objective: Be the Eye in the Sky
Allies: Omega Pyre and Galactic Alliance
[member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Berric Kelso"] [member="Ryan Korr"] [member="Sieb Tevv"] [member="Fatty"] [member="Loske Matson"]

tumblr_static_speaking.gif
Omega Pyre Doaba Class Defense Station

“We got movement across sector Auresh, Cresh, Xesh.” Major Anika Od’Manteiv’s voice was a familiar curt, modulated voice throughout all Omega Pyre comm systems. She was the ‘Eye in the Sky’, the one who would relay the vast network of information and orbital scans from the variety of drones, satellites, and ground unit holocams.

“I need support of Unit Besh-Nine-Esk-Dorn,” everyone around the bridge of the Doaba Class Defense Station was in overdrive.

“Shields at maximum, send cover fire to our boys moving the blockade.” terse and to the point, the Anaxi native swept her fingers across the multitude of holoscreens, receiving and sending encrypted data packets and visuals.

“Activate Thesh Protocal,” a grim line set her lips in a thin line.

“Get me Prex Kreelan online."

Allies: [member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="Berric Kelso"] | [member="Choli Vyn"] | [member="Isar Kislo"] | [member="Asmus Janes"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Anika Od'Manteiv"]
Allied NPCs in the Blue Squadron: White Knuckles | Vertical | Corkscrew
Enemies: [member="Fatty"] & Co.

--

Plasma peppered against the Vanguard's frigate as Loske spiralled around its nose, several of her crew members pursuing a similar technique as the star fighter combatants that were their equals began to rethink their strategy. They were on the cusp of retreat while the dragonflies and cue balls danced through the starry space above Belsavis.

"Radar picking up a new entrant." Someone spoke over the channel, and Loske frowned, twisting sharply at a 45 to avoid being planted by a direct hit.

"Incoming fleet."

"Open all Alliance channels - let's see what's going on!"

Heeding her own suggestion, Loske's hands flurried to catch the tail-end of [member="Ryan Korr"]'s commission. "Do not fire unless fired upon, move in for their command ships."

"Looks like we got some new bogies. Vanguard's on the leave - let's add to the welcome wagon for the new players. They're flying low, let's make a metal sandwich."

"Fly with intimidation, form up on Sable. Be prepared to break away and down, stop entrants to Belsavis' atmosphere. We got friends down there!" With well-practiced synchronization, the S-foils of the remaining five fighters pulled up to meet the new fleet, falling behind the fresh wings of the Sable squadron -- though they were only recognized because the J70 Wings had access to the channels.

"They're flying stealth, let's make a spectacle and let them do their thing."

"So flamboyant intimidation? Wouldn't expect less from you, Vertical."

Amidst the stress, a small rustle of snickers echoed through the channel and the young girl smiled beneath her helmet, engaging the thrusters once more and moving to attack speed.

Allies - Members of the Oversector Coalition, and hired Mercenaries, [member="Fatty"]
Enemies - The Galactic Alliance
Location - Troop Transport

Jan Valdum breathed through his helmet as the sounds of star ships firing and exploding started to be heard from inside the hull. The soldiers were nervous. They were motivated, armed, and ready to die. Yet, they were still nervous. Afraid they might die a fiery death, blown out of the sky by AA guns, or ripped to shreds by enemy fire on the planet. They were trained yes, and better than the ordinary militias on the other ships. Jan stood up and looked over the Lortan milita under his command. He activated coms so that they were public to anyone on the ship.

"Our objective, is to land and secure an LZ for the other ships and reinforcements coming to the planet. Our objective is the AA guns, and other objectives are secondary right now. We will stay together, and not split into teams after multiple AA gun objectives. Leave that to the other transports that make it through." Jan said as he got a roar from the troops. Jan shook his head at the shouts of bloodthirstiness. They didn't get it yet.

"The enemy force is more trained and has many defensive positions on the planet. We will run into heavy resistance, and many of us will die if we don't play it smart." Jan said as he saw some of the militia start to lose their spunk.

"Listen to my orders, do not object. I will not stand for any disobedience of any orders or desertion on the field. Remember what we came here to do, neutralize the Super Weapon." Jan said as he started to pat down his weapons and armor. Double checking he had everything he needed.

"Stick to the men next to you, protect them, and they will protect you. I'm a merc, and you have never met me before. I guarantee that I can hold my own,and will do my best to make sure you get to your families and friends not here. So check your blasters, carry as much as you can, because when we hit the ground.......we are in a fight for our lives gentlemen. FOR THE COALITION!!" Jan shouted as the men started to double check and arm themselves as much as they can. Jan sat down back into his seat and closed his eyes, preparing for the coming battle. He breathed in and took an adrenaline shot out of a pouch underneath the armor on his chest. He injected it into his arm, and felt his senses burst forth. OH YEAH.

OBJECTIVE: E, REBELLION
ALLIES: [member="Jan Valdum"], [member="Fatty"], and all the other rebels
ENEMIES: GA
EQUIPMENT: IN BIO

Ghorua the Shark crouched low behind a tree, watching and waiting. The planet was beautiful, there was no doubt. Sprawling forests and beautiful grasslands littered the planet, giving it a very serene disposition. Well, it would, if there wasn't a war going on.

Ghorua was a bounty hunter, he didn't care much for war. But when a certain group of rebels needs some hired muscle, Ghorua jumped at the opportunity. Why, he wasn't quite sure. Something had begun to change in the genetically modified Herglic. He was becoming less selfish, more willing to take action when it didn't necessarily benefit him. Of course, the credits help with this transition, but Ghorua would like to think that he was changing his ways for the better.

Not a half-mile away, the Alliance had set up some surface-to-air defenses, AA guns. Perhaps they were expecting the rebellion, perhaps not. Either way, the Hunter was here to cause some chaos, and give his allied ships up in the sky a better chance of getting through the atmosphere.

All of his equipment hung off of his body at various angles, his bandolier littered with assorted goodies for your average bounty hunter. He wore his Koodan-Class Battle armor, the matte-black durasteel on his body gleaming in the shadow of the giant tree. To his side, a pale Massiff sat, nibbling on a stick. Bones was a reliable pet, and Ghorua knew that she would come in handy.

So, Ghorua waited for the chaos to start. And when it did, the ten-foot-tall Herglic would be sure to do his part. Destruction was what he was best at, after all.

Allies - Galactic Alliance
Enemies - [member="Fatty"] and Co. [member="Ghorua the Shark"] and [member="Jan Valdum"] to name two.
Location - Belsavis surface, AA Gun Site

Dominik had heard of the oncoming rebellion by, well, a lot of organizations through his ties with the Free Colonies. A lot of his people wanted to join in with the onslaught, afraid of the GA getting a super weapon. But Dominik had thought otherwise. The Galactic Alliance, getting a super weapon like the Death Star of old? To have that against the Sith.. He couldn't let them not have it. He didn't know that they refused to use it. He just wanted any gun possible turned against the Sith. And so here he was, among one of the many AA Gun sites on the surface of Belsavis. Technically speaking, he was supposed to be here. Just check the records and his I.D. All legit.

Nobody at the site knew him, of course. He just possed as the new guy that just got sent over. He was a technician. He knew kark all about these machines in terms of machinery, so he kept his distance, made himself look busy, and just waited. He knew that the Rebellion forces would be on their way shortly.

There. The call came in that new approaching forces had just come out of hyperspace. The AA guns lit up, making the sky fire once more. Some of the transports were making their way through. Of course they would. Time for him to get to work.

Anybody nearby would see a white haired man look at his datapad, tap a few things, then set out for the armory nonchalantly. He got a few glances, but he was the technician. A lot of things around the station could go wrong, and he was to see them set straight. As far as they knew. He opened the armory door, where his equipment was stashed. A few minutes later, he was fully geared and his old clothes tucked away. He carried his Harpy rifle outside and, skirting any outside lookouts, climbed up ladders that lead up to a small platform that he had eyed before. This platform was how you got to a few electrical panels. It was also hard to spot against the guns, towering into the sky. Anyhow, he was tucked away here. A look at his datapad when he was in the base told him that hardly anyone used this platform, so he wouldn't be disturbed, hopefully.

He laid down, held his rifle's barrel in his left robotic hand, and put his robotic right eye to the scope. He scanned the surrounding landscape for anything he might see. He kept his scope wide and checked everything he could.

What.... What was that below a tree?

Allies - Members of the Oversector Coalition, and hired Mercenaries such as [member="Cyrus Tregessar"], [member="KeCholo"], [member="Vex Kumud"], [member="The Executor"], [member="Kuvantu"], [member="Gulliver Foyle"], [member="Jan Valdum"], [member="Ghorua the Shark"]
Enemies - The Galactic Alliance, like [member="Ryan Korr"], [member="Sieb Tevv"], [member="Taeli Raaf"], [member="Berric Kelso"], [member="Anika Od'Manteiv"], [member="Loske Matson"]
Location - Above Belsavis

Ships were everywhere. It was more ships in one place than the Governor had ever thought he would see in his entire life. The magnitude of sizes and numbers was mind boggling, but he continued to concentrate as he disembarked in formation. Weapons blasted across the sky, fire burned, explosions detonated, and a dance of light sprawled across the cosmos above Belsavis. Just as Sable Squadron and Blue Squadron hurried to the new fleet while their previous engagement withdrew, the Admiral of the Alliance Fleet contacted the Coalition Capital Ships:

"Unidentified ships, this is Admiral Tevv of the Galactic Alliance. Please cease targeting of our ships and state your intent."

In response, one of the highest ranking officers on behalf of the Coalition itself, who was not a hired Mercenary, retorted, "Admiral Tevv, this is Captain Borne of the Oversector Coalition... we will not stand down in the face of such destructive expansionism. We will rid you of this planet, and its Weapon, for the safety of all the citizens of the galaxy. Stand down and we may learn to forgive you." In moments, the Captain had been informed of star fighters gunning for the transports. These being the utmost top priority of the Coalition Fleet, had granted orders to the Governor's Squadron to "intercept".

The three other members of his specific Squadron were Caveman, Stargazer, and Commander Sunshine (Ryker's call sign was Riverbasin). Atlas Squadron, as they were known then received orders not to initiate bombing runs just yet (which would be his duty), and was to instead block the efforts of the oncoming Alliance "Blue Squadron".

"Riverbasin, change of plans, hold back and take them from afar when able. Caveman, Stargazer, pick a target but stay close to me, and don't stray too far. Keep an eye on those troop transports, they have to be protected at all costs." Another Squadron, to which he did not know the name of, joined up in the defense of the transports, though not in any recognizable way that would be worth detailing. Whenever an Alliance ship was in range, the X-wings would open fire, and Ryker Kel would attempt to fire the blaster cannons on his Y-Wing at the lead Alliance X-Wing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
"FOR THE COALITION!" The Lortans would loudly respond to the Mercenary within their transport as they got up ready to jump off for the honor of Lorta, and its grand allegiance to the Oversector's protection. One voice in particular, belonged to a boy named Stajax, holding a blaster that looked much too big in his arms. He was in the front of the Convoy, sweating from his brow, and his lungs roaring the name of the Coalition. He would charge with his fellow Lortans, and be lead unquestionably by the mercenary known as [member="Jan Valdum"], to whom he admired for his words.

The Transport landed, the doors opened, and now would be the time to run. Explosions detonated in the sky, and the ground near them, the sound deafening, though her persisted. He fought for home and country, and would die or live in the service of his nation.

Allies: [member="Fatty"]; [member="Ghorua the Shark"]; [member="Jan Valdum"]
Enemies: The Galactic Alliance; [member="Taeli Raaf"]

Note: Tagging those relatively close to me.
Equipment: Signature

Belsavis. A beautiful planet, now torn by war. Just another day of the Galactic Chaos.

Grim had landed roughly, very roughly which resulted in his jetpack not working anymore. He had tossed the damn thing back at the crash site and had moved out immediately out of the transport. This was his second crash landing in the last month. First Lanteeb, now Belsavis. The Aliit'buir of Clan Vizsla wondered how long before he actually died in those crashes. Truthfully, he did not want to know.

Standing across of Grim was a large Herglic. The damn thing was massive and all donned an armor. Despite his fearsome Mandalorian armor forged on the appearance of the Neo-Crusaders armor, the damn fish was too big. Which was not necessarily an advantage to their situation, he was a massive walking target. The Mandalorian would do better if he kept his distance, especially after seeing the Galactic Alliance's demonstration of power. He had underestimated them and believed this would be easier, it was not.

Ahead of the group of mercenaries, half a mile away, lied a few surface to air turrets which supposedly hid a commanding centre at one point. Or maybe not, whatever they hid or they did not, these turrets had to be disabled or more transports would keep going down like flies.

"Ya got something that can blow this things up?" Grim turned to the observant Herglic, knowing the large fish humanoid was thinking the same.

Forward Ground Command - Medical Tents
[member="Trix Bastin"] [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] [member="Abel"] [member="Ruby Wilded"] @Ayme

Trix twisted in her grip, her grey gaze flicking from face to face until it settled on the small figure slumped in a chair on the other side of the tent. Brunette hair hung in a cloud about her face, almost obscuring the swelling that marred one cheekbone.

A jolt of recognition reverberated through Trix.

“It was you,” the statement cracked out of Trix, layered with a myriad of conflicting emotions. Gratitude, awe, and an underlying current of palpable distress.Eden had healed her and, in doing so, had connected with the core of Trix. The frail and fractured aspects of her self carefully cloaked from the rest of the world.

Trix hesitated, still struggling to control herself, before speaking again.

“I didn’t think that…I mean, usually, I can handle things…” she said.

Trix could not remember thanking anyone, at any stage, in her life. There hadn't been a single act done to her worth genuine acknowledgement.

The words, when they finally came, tasted strange in her mouth.

“Thank you.”

Exhaustion lingered while Avalore regained her composure and her strength. In a vain attempt to center herself, to meditate, she failed utterly in capturing that inner peace at the rumblings of the wakening Padawan. Brown eyes flickered open with delay, reaching through the veil of brown hair to look upon Trix with quiet regard. Where many Masters or Healers may have responded with a long-winded monologue of fulfilling their duties, Avalore merely gave a nod of understanding.

Private, secret inner workings had been witnessed and no one knew those things and feelings better than she. There was no need for a speech or heavy handed words, only human consideration.

"Master Eden needs to rest so she can help the other wounded," one of her Healer Aids gently stepped in, "and you should as well. You'll be back out there before you know it."

Avalore breathed deeply and closed her eyes to resume her meditation.

~~~~

Some time later...

She likely hadn't nearly enough time to restore herself completely, but Avalore awoke from her rest with stubborn purpose as Jacen and the rest of his group arrived at the tents. The Master Healer set straight to work, tending to Jacen with controlled urgency.

It was likely he would not return to the present fight, however.

"You and Gabe are going to be the death of me," she muttered as she cleansed one of his wounds before looking to one of her Aids, "How is everyone else fairing?"

"On the mend, they'll be ready to return to the fight soon enough ... Master Eden?"

"What is it?"

"We just received news of landfall made by a third party close to here..."

Allies: [member="Avalore Eden"] [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] [member="Dominik Borra"] [member="Ryan Korr"] [member="Loske Matson"] [member="Anika Od'Manteiv"] [member="Berric Kelso"] [member="Sieb Tevv"] and other GA forces
Enemies: [member="Fatty"] [member="Grim Vizsla"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Jan Valdum"]
Equipment: In signature

Fire filled the skies, transports going down in flames to smash against the Belsavis landscape. Still, some transports were still able to reach the surface and they couldn't be allowed to create a landing zone or beachhead.

"I'm taking the field, keep the fire up on any more enemy transports that try and come in," she ordered, getting a comlink earpiece. "I want bombing runs on those enemy positions to soften them up. We cannot allow them to take down these AA guns. Am I clear?"

"Yes, Master Raaf," the officer she was leaving in charge said.

Striding out of the command center, several squads of Alliance marines formed up around her as they went to meet the enemy. A purple blade ignited from the lightsaber she held in her hand, letting the enemy know that at least one Jedi was leading the forces arrayed against them. It was a psychological tactic as most soldiers, that weren't among the Sith or Mandalorians, would be wary of fighting against a Jedi.

"Two defensive lines here and here," she said, indicating where she wanted the soldiers under her command. "Mortars to the second line, blaster cannons to front. Let's move."

They quickly began digging in, mortar teams setting up their mortars and prepping them to fire and the blaster cannon teams setting up their E-Web style blasters. The rest of the men were outfitted with just normal blaster rifles and armor, a lot of them dinged up from the fighting against Vanguard forces but they were steeled against fighting these opportunists.

[member="Trix Bastin"] [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] [member="Abel"] [member="Ruby Wilded"] [member="Ayme Katash"] [member="Avalore Eden"]

Avalore turned away for too long. A low, guttural growl escaped Jacen's lips as he hauled himself back up to sitting position. His armour was unusable, rended apart by the claws of the beast that hungered for Jedi blood. Still, he figured he could probably get a vest with some armourplast plates from someone.

“Excuse me Avalore,” he said as softly as he could manage. It was hard, hard not to force words through gritted teeth. His head swam as he pushed himself up and he started to regret asking her for the good drugs. Jacen allowed his body to draw on the Force, dipping into that turbulent flow to push through the haze and force the pain aside.

“Whose forces have landed?” he called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom